Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments  (Read 285193 times)

7TC7

• In best company
Re: Touhou Accomplishments
« Reply #870 on: June 22, 2009, 07:56:27 PM »
Didn't accomplish anything in a long while, but now~

While talking with a friend over skype, while he did his best in trying to beat IN Extra with Border Team, I went and beat if with Magic Team for the first time ever.

After that, being happy already, I went to look for my not yet captures cards in Spell Practice.

Took on Imperishable Shooting and finally, while talking and making jokes of never beating this damn thing ... 1/160  ;D
< picture leads to my YouTube channel

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #871 on: June 22, 2009, 08:23:04 PM »
I CAPTURED GHOST WHEELS.

I never thought I'd do it on this computer, because control lag of slowdown combined with the inherent tight squeezes of Ghost Wheels = BLARGH ARGH WAFSDKLF. However, I somehow pulled it off. 50 FPS be damned, the control lag makes up for it.

Also, I ALMOST captured Possessed Fairy. I almost...had...it...

If I can capture Possessed Fairy I'm pretty much content, because the only other spell cards in SA I haven't captured are either Satori's other spell cards which are in "I don't EVEN care" territory, Utsuho's first two spell cards which are "SLOWDOWN LAG AGH" and "PETA FLARE AUGH" respectively, and Genetics of the Subconscious which can PRETTY MUCH fuck off.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 08:26:15 PM by nintendere888 »
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• The real Alice Blackbarn!
  • "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #872 on: June 22, 2009, 08:35:50 PM »
"PETA FLARE AUGH"
Pfft, Peta Flare is tons of fun. It's not even that hard of a card either, at least comparing to other standard stage 6 boss arsenals. Go cap it :P
"Oh, great. Another game where I get screwed by Kilga." ~ Carthrat

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #873 on: June 22, 2009, 08:40:27 PM »
Hi. :) I'm kinda new to these boards, so I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Sapzdude, or no1knew on the GameFAQs boards, and I'm currently a hard rank player. My current goal is a SA Hard 1cc but that's probably gonna take a while due to Orin rape so today in the meantime I managed a one death no bomb run of Ran, with Reimu B of all things.  :D And as a bonus my first capture of Kokkuri-San's Contract (which was my actual goal, the no bombs thing just kind of... happened).

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=3675

And congrats Cat and Donut! Imperishable Shooting is a real bastard to capture... it took me something like 200 attempts :D. Lunatic Ghost Wheels I have no experience with whatsoever luckily enough but I imagine it's pretty difficult. :P
Let's fight.

nintendonut888

« Reply #874 on: June 22, 2009, 08:47:39 PM »
Hey no1knew.

"PETA FLARE AUGH"
Pfft, Peta Flare is tons of fun. It's not even that hard of a card either, at least comparing to other standard stage 6 boss arsenals. Go cap it :P

I can't stand it quite honestly. You can't look ahead to see which suns are going to shrink enough and which ones are traps because OMG random blue bullets in the shizhouse. Not to mention the sun bullets obscure said blue bullets. Add on the fact that the slowdown throughout the fight beforehand is really stressful on me (HATE slowdown) and you have a card I'm not out to capture.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #875 on: June 22, 2009, 09:05:19 PM »
MS Extra clear. In my opinion the only really troubling parts of the battle are the second purple phase and the two ultimate phases. The purple and ultimate for screwing with my eyes, the penultimate for being a clipdeath opera. The rest is fairly doable, even though I will still screw up on each every now and then. *Needs better bomb reflexes*

That leaves only the Extra stages of LLS, which I haven't even tried once but might in the not too distant future, and SoEW, which, on second thought, can approximate its mouth towards my posterior.   :V
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Zetzumarshen

« Reply #876 on: June 22, 2009, 11:04:12 PM »
I managed to one miss MoF Lunatic. Before that, i had to 1cc about more than ten times MoF. Pretty good achievement, despite my original goal were 1LC that game.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #877 on: June 22, 2009, 11:35:49 PM »
1cc SoEW Hard. The "Homing" shot type.

WTF is with the Final Phase. The hitboxes are messed.

Survived, on last life, but not last bomb. Though, I feel guilty hammering the fire button... Died with bombs in stock a few times, but not on the "full" stock of 3.

EDIT: I almost got the BS Star wall. Mima was in the middle. But I panicked  ;_;

EDIT 2: "Offensive" Reimu is ridiculous.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 12:58:59 AM by BaitySM »
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #878 on: June 23, 2009, 01:46:49 AM »
I managed to one miss MoF Lunatic. Before that, i had to 1cc about more than ten times MoF. Pretty good achievement, despite my original goal were 1LC that game.

You forgot one detail: You also outscored every goddamn run of MoF Lunatic on Gensokyo's Archives.  No, seriously.  You've now got the top run that isn't a TAS.

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #879 on: June 23, 2009, 02:24:34 AM »
Perfect Youmu boss battle.  A stupid stupid this-belongs-in-the-embarrassment-thread death before mid-boss Youmu, and some slightly less stupid deaths during the mid-boss.  I need to clean up the mid-boss fight a bit, but I think I smell a no death/no bomb Stage 5 coming soon.

It was also my first cap of Hell God Sword, which leaves Lunasa and Merlin's cards (because I always cheese the fight with Lyrica), some assorted Ran cards, and Border of Life and Death for remaining PCB Lunatic/Extra/Phantasm cards.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 02:26:35 AM by Krim »
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

« Reply #880 on: June 23, 2009, 05:38:27 AM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=3679

Ooh look what I did.  PCB no bombs 1cc. \o/  This came WAY sooner then I ever expected, since my attempts up till now have been quite laughable.  However it seemed that all I needed was a run where I didn't make any stupid mistakes and brought everything together.  Lots of dumb mistakes/broken borders, but that's to be expected. 

So I managed to scrape by the first 3 stages with 3 deaths (probably the best I'll ever manage from Chen/Alice), and did nice enough on the rest to get to Yuyuko with 2 extra lives.  Then I freaking perfected her until about the sixth wave of 80% reflowering when I clipped a bullet most unceremoniously. I so wanted to capture it, it would have made such an epic end to this run... Jesus am I criticizing a freaking no bomb run?  Somebody shoot me.  Well, 20 cards captured is alright enough I guess...
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 05:40:33 AM by Azinth »

nintendonut888

« Reply #881 on: June 23, 2009, 05:41:45 AM »
v(O_O)v

I suck at Touhou so bad.

*goes off to cut self again*

Good job...but isn't a true no-bombs run of PCB kinda hard? Because of the borders I mean. Even if unintentional, they're essentially bombs.

« Reply #882 on: June 23, 2009, 06:04:00 AM »
Don't worry, I'm far better at PCB than any of the other Touhou games (it's my favorite, and I definitely play it the most).  Plus, despite the games' overall difficulty, I truly still think it's the easiest to no-bomb, if only because of the borders.  There's no way in hell I'd try no-bombing any of the other games, because I'd get completely butchered.  :P

And as far as the borders go... there's not much one can do about the unintentional ones, unless you suicided everytime you broke one (which would be amusing to watch).  It might be a little cheap, but not using bombs is still about 30+ less bullet patterns you're allowed to fail, which is plenty challenging by itself.  I think there were only about two of them in the whole run anyway, and one was to Hell God Sword which I ended up dying to anyway.

Edit:  God, looking back at the run I had an absolute shitton of broken borders...everywhere.  What a sloppy run.  Meh, whatever, maybe someday I'll go completely insane and try to make a better one.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 04:33:47 PM by Azinth »

nintendonut888

« Reply #883 on: June 23, 2009, 06:26:38 AM »
Mmm...well, don't worry about me. I'm just channeling Parsee as usual. Silly really, for a lunatic player to be so jealous of another's skill. *eyes flash green*

Nothing special from me today. I managed to reach Scarlet Gensokyo again before dying in stage 6, but once again Scarlet Gensokyo thwarts my attempt at beating Remi no deaths. D: I also captured Killing Doll, but not not at max rank. >_> I wish it weren't so hard to reach it max rank.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #884 on: June 23, 2009, 06:32:28 AM »
Mmm...well, don't worry about me. I'm just channeling Parsee as usual. Silly really, for a lunatic player to be so jealous of another's skill. *eyes flash green*

Nothing special from me today. I managed to reach Scarlet Gensokyo again before dying in stage 6, but once again Scarlet Gensokyo thwarts my attempt at beating Remi no deaths. D: I also captured Killing Doll, but not not at max rank. >_> I wish it weren't so hard to reach it max rank.

how can you tell if it's max rank

nintendonut888

« Reply #885 on: June 23, 2009, 06:42:34 AM »
By the fact that the knives are ALREADY ALMOST ON TOP OF YOU WHEN SHE FIRES THEM OH GOD. But essentially you have to beat the entire stage up to it without dying, or you face a lower rank version. Still hard, but not as hard as max rank.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #886 on: June 23, 2009, 07:34:03 AM »
I tried to get an IN Extra clear about half an hour ago.  It turned out to be my best run ever, capping eight cards (including Woo, which I always fuck up on) and despite totally getting annihilated by Possessed By Phoenix and Fujiyama Volcano (both spending at least one and a half lives on each), I manage to make it out with one life and three bombs left.  Whee~
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

« Reply #887 on: June 23, 2009, 02:38:33 PM »
I tried to get an IN Extra clear about half an hour ago.  It turned out to be my best run ever, capping eight cards (including Woo, which I always fuck up on) and despite totally getting annihilated by Possessed By Phoenix and Fujiyama Volcano (both spending at least one and a half lives on each), I manage to make it out with one life and three bombs left.  Whee~

What is one and a half life?

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #888 on: June 23, 2009, 03:35:32 PM »
Out of curiousity, is EoSD the last Touhou game to be affected by rank, or do the later ones have the rank system too?
Let's fight.

« Reply #889 on: June 23, 2009, 04:07:13 PM »
What is one and a half life?

I presume he counts deathbombs / last spells as being half a life.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #890 on: June 23, 2009, 05:08:50 PM »
Oh wow, I'm getting worse at SA hard. I just failed at Satori. >_<
Back to practice mode I guess...
Let's fight.

nintendonut888

« Reply #891 on: June 23, 2009, 05:25:51 PM »
Out of curiousity, is EoSD the last Touhou game to be affected by rank, or do the later ones have the rank system too?

It's the last to be majorly affected, but PCB has a rank system too. It's only noticeable in a few select attacks though.

Nuclear Fusion