Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments  (Read 283308 times)

Re: Touhou Accomplishments
« Reply #120 on: April 26, 2009, 10:06:13 AM »
But this guy is well-known bullshit. He's gotten pretty good at hiding it, but some stuff like his performances on Eternal Meek and the second phase of Remi's final non-card always give him away.

cool story bro

Adun

« Reply #121 on: April 26, 2009, 10:13:04 AM »
cool story bro

Look who joined right as he was mentioned.

« Reply #122 on: April 26, 2009, 02:11:07 PM »
Unrelated, but there should be more touhou speedruns. That's fun to watch.

As for an accomplishment, I perfected SA stage 6 Easy. Utsuho's second spell annoys the hell out of me. But for once, I didn't suck at dodging while alternating between focused/unfocused. Yay me.

Then I tried again and got hit by Utsuho's opener  :)
"My friends are coming for Poker tonight. We will require Koolaid."

« Reply #123 on: April 26, 2009, 03:00:39 PM »

OMG. THIS IS THE BEST TOUHOU DAY EVER. I WANT TO TRY PERFECTING PCB STAGE 5 BUT DON'T WANT TO RUIN THE MAGIC.

Congratz :P
It was a spectacular capture!
Advocate of Transhumanism

Drake

« Reply #124 on: April 26, 2009, 06:22:50 PM »
Subterranean Squares of Death because nobody actually watches my videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Siat21wXPTw&fmt=22

I managed to beat Easy Utsuho, but I had to pretty much be extraordinarily lucky. 1 bomb left was all I had.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #125 on: April 26, 2009, 09:45:03 PM »
My eyes  @.@

Makes me want to do some unfocus SA.

Also, congrats to donut for Q.E.D.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

« Reply #126 on: April 27, 2009, 12:13:28 AM »
Donut capturing QED gave me some motivation to finally capture it for myself.

Did it on my first try... reaching QED proved to be more stressful than the damn card itself  :-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M7GzbMy0KM&fmt=22

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #127 on: April 27, 2009, 12:22:08 AM »
Reaching Q.E.D is infinitely more harrowing than the card. In all honesty I actually think Q.E.D is pretty fun, but the fact that I could never capture it was what made me hate it so much. From now on I can play EoSD extra without the underlying tension of "can I beat Q.E.D?"

Case in point: My history on Q.E.D is actually only 1/22. It was simply so frustrating each time I failed it felt like I failed twenty times each run.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #128 on: April 27, 2009, 12:26:10 AM »
Reaching Q.E.D is infinitely more harrowing than the card.
Yeah, this is pretty much the only reason why I never wanted to capture it. Same goes for Mokou's rings of death, but hey, maybe I'll actually shoot for it sometime in the future >_>

And in terms of records, I'm 1/6 on QED.

Hilariously (or perhaps, disappointingly), I'm 0/10 on Secret Barrage "And Then Will There Be None?" Yeah, I have captured every card in EoSD except for that one, and I don't know why. Of course, I'm never touching EoSD's Extra Stage again, so I guess I'll just have to live with this fact :P

Drake

« Reply #129 on: April 27, 2009, 01:44:24 AM »
K uh guys

I just timed out Lunatic Scarlet Gensokyo with no bombs or deaths.

Obviously I cheated

But

I forgot you can't save replays during practice runs ;_;

OH GODDDDD ;_________;

nintendonut888

« Reply #130 on: April 27, 2009, 01:47:14 AM »
Isn't it sad Drake? ;_;

Obviously, you need to do a full game slowdown run.

Of lunatic.

With tricks up the wazoo for every stage.

Good luck. :P
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #131 on: April 27, 2009, 01:49:19 AM »
From now on I can play EoSD extra without the underlying tension of "can I beat Q.E.D?"

This is the reason why I won't go for a perfect run of EoSD extra.  I've actually now had two near perfect runs where I only used one bomb before QED, but the attack tears me apart (and the pressure/adrenaline sure doesn't help.)  I don't know if I'm masochistic enough to practice it up though  :P

Also, a full TAS run of EoSD lunatic capturing everything except timing out Scarlet Gensokyo would be hilarious.

Kefit

• The Wild Draw Four of America
« Reply #132 on: April 27, 2009, 02:21:32 AM »
All this talk of QED got me all hot and bothered to take a shot at it myself. I haven't played EoSD Extra since I perfected the stage about a year ago.

Unfortunately it seems I suck at this stage now. I'll have to practice up at some point though, since I fully intend to replicate my perfect Extra run now that I have EoSD replays saving again.

Drake

« Reply #133 on: April 27, 2009, 03:31:39 AM »
I did it, but with one death this time due to uncontrollable circumstances.
As in a wall.

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=3099

WOOHOO

stargroup

• Insufferable Faggot
  • Telling a mod to basically fuck off... GOOD IDEA!
« Reply #134 on: April 27, 2009, 04:01:34 AM »
cool, can't wait to see kefit rape that spell

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #135 on: April 27, 2009, 05:46:34 AM »
I just uploaded it, so it'll need some time for processing, but: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXgfZ8kJMxQ&fmt=18

Just read the description.

WHAT.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Drake

« Reply #136 on: April 27, 2009, 06:07:44 AM »
lol border team?

nintendonut888

« Reply #137 on: April 27, 2009, 06:12:25 AM »
That's nothing. I've dodged the lunatic version when I was caught in a completely vertical shaft of lasers and had Kaguya fire right down the middle. Border team is amazing.

Kefit

« Reply #138 on: April 27, 2009, 06:36:27 AM »
It's not so much lol border team as it is lol star bullets. Those star bullets are TINY.

My current struggle has seen another paradigm shift. This one seems like it will be the one. Maybe. That's what I thought last time. Except it wasn't working because everything took too long because I didn't realize just how much I had relied on other sources of damage before.

nintendonut888

« Reply #139 on: April 27, 2009, 06:42:27 AM »
EoSD lunatic no bombs run...if it isn't I will be severely disappointed.

« Reply #140 on: April 27, 2009, 10:18:33 AM »
Look who joined right as he was mentioned.

I lurk the thread sometimes. I only joined because my name was mentioned along with a rather far fetched claim to tarnish it.

I don't feel like wasting my energy to try and defend myself here; it would be much like going to church to try and defend atheism. I just wish people would trust their own judgment a bit more, rather than immediately taking some icon's clearly biased opinion for truth.

« Reply #141 on: April 27, 2009, 11:17:06 AM »
1cc of IN Hard with Reimu Solo, unlocking Marisa's last word.
The Kaguya fight is just BS with Reimu Solo. wah wah wah I HAD TO TIME OUT HOURAI JEWEL wah wah.

Edit: Captured Blazing Star, 1/57.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 11:48:16 AM by Arcengal »
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

« Reply #142 on: April 27, 2009, 01:57:22 PM »
I captured all of Satori's Patchy spells on the normal difficulty. It was pretty easy to do aside from Philosophers Stone which was quite a pain. Then i used the mystical technique of taking a break and then i managed to get it on the first try. Its weird how it works but i sure like it.

I also timed out Cat's Walk. The spellcard is usually pretty easy, even though it does screw me over sometimes, but when you have to time it out you have to survive three waves in a row compared to just one. I would really love to see someone time the spellcard out on Lunatic. I, obviously, am not capable. Maybe Kefit could...

I lurk the thread sometimes. I only joined because my name was mentioned along with a rather far fetched claim to tarnish it.

I don't feel like wasting my energy to try and defend myself here; it would be much like going to church to try and defend atheism. I just wish people would trust their own judgment a bit more, rather than immediately taking some icon's clearly biased opinion for truth.

I suppose the reason why people believe in the Kefit is because of his, compared to most of us, superior playing skill and experience. Even though cheating is sometimes obvious it might sometimes take a lot of experience to see through it.

« Reply #143 on: April 27, 2009, 02:56:53 PM »
I did it, but with one death this time due to uncontrollable circumstances.
As in a wall.

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=3099

WOOHOO

Awesome :D
Keep doing these, I am an avid fan~!

Nice work 'capturing' the green books of stage 4 btw.

edit (to avoid double post): I just managed to capture all of Patchy's Lunatic attacks except for Mercury Poison (it was wtfhigh rank by then and I have no idea what bullet actually killed me). Yes, even Lava Cromlech at what must have been a high rank, if not the highest. I have no idea how long it takes to get to the highest rank.
I'll upload the replay once I've got destroyed by stage 5 (come on, there's no way I can do well after such a nerve-wrecking boss fight)

edit2: Awww. No fair. I did so well (I barely captured anything but that's not the point. The point is survival). I ended up getting to Scarlet Gensokyo with only 1 bomb left. Believe me, I had no illusions, I knew I wasn't going to make it by then... but DAMN. Why did this have to be a run with a bad start? :(
If only I had stuck to my original strategy and restarted until I had gotten a 1-death (the best I can reasonably hope for) stage 1-3...
Also I wish I didn't need to use 2 bombs on Killing Doll: I would've had 1 more life going into Remilia then...

Anyway I've rambled on for way too long, here's the replay.
Just watch stage 4, stages 1-3 are relaxed and not caring about dying, stages 5-6 are pure survival, with very few captured attacks.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 04:32:15 PM by Schpwuette »
Advocate of Transhumanism

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #144 on: April 27, 2009, 04:56:38 PM »
So I did a Lunatic PCB Stage 5 run, just to show why I don't play Lunatic.  I dodge the entire bulletspam at the beginning and get killed by the last bullet on screen.  Midboss Youmu trainwrecks me.  I do the rest of the stage, burst a border at the end, it's all good.

God's Flashing Slash is a piece of crap, but everyone knows that.  And I even failed to capture Eternal Truth, which is loleasy even on Lunatic.  But I captured Worldly Attachment.  On Lunatic.  I'd never even gotten the Hard version before.  Woohoo!

Oh, and Components of Konpaku smeared me, but it was partially lag (but the lag didn't start until then, so the cap was legitimate).

EDIT:  I also noticed something interesting.  You can't die as Hourai Jewel is clearing, like you can with most other final cards.  I hit at least one, possibly two or three bullets in the video I posted before as it clears without dying.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 05:43:21 PM by theshim »

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

« Reply #145 on: April 27, 2009, 08:03:53 PM »

Oh hey, look at this, it's a Shuusou Gyoku Lunatic 1cc.  That I just did.

That's pretty neat.

:D

nintendonut888

« Reply #146 on: April 27, 2009, 08:05:47 PM »

Awesome. It's a damn shame you can't give visual proof outside of that, but I totally believe you. Otherwise I'd have no reason to believe I have proof of my PC-98 lunatic 1ccs.

Really, great job. I wish I had the patience for SG normal.

« Reply #147 on: April 27, 2009, 08:10:48 PM »
Wow. Great job beating that beast on the lunatic difficulty. I couldn't even clear it on Easy! I only tried once of course but i didn't like what i played so i stopped it.

Ummm... today i played a little more around with Subterranean Animism on the Hard difficulty and suddenly ended up having a perfect clear of Stage 2 and a 1-death, no bombs of Stage 3. I swear that final non-spell is sooooo retarded.

Oh yeah i also managed to time out Ghost Wheels if i could just hold out for 3 seconds more! I suppose that would have home in the RAGE Thread but i'll be posting it here since i consider it an accomplishment in itself to actually lasting so long at it.

« Reply #148 on: April 27, 2009, 08:23:50 PM »

Awesome. It's a damn shame you can't give visual proof outside of that, but I totally believe you. Otherwise I'd have no reason to believe I have proof of my PC-98 lunatic 1ccs.

Really, great job. I wish I had the patience for SG normal.

Maybe one day when my skills have improved and the trauma of the last few weeks have passed, I'll try to 1cc the game while recording it, just to show that it's perfectly possible.  Until then, though, this picture will just have to suffice.

Kefit

« Reply #149 on: April 28, 2009, 12:54:27 AM »
Nifty. There are enough people in here talking about SSG Lunatic's feasibility that I have re-evaluated my position towards its possibility. It's been nearly two years since I last played the game after all.

But I thought that SSG had replay capabilities? I know I have a replay of the Extra stage lying around somewhere or another.