Author Topic: Megaman Legends 3 - Kilga flips out edition  (Read 3747 times)

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
Megaman Legends 3 - Kilga flips out edition
« on: April 22, 2011, 06:20:25 PM »
http://www.shacknews.com/article/68204/mega-man-legends-3-future

LOOOOOOOOOOL

The full game isn't even greenlighted yet.  You have to buy the beta and how good sales are will determined if they bother to make a full game out of it.  Kilga you might as well bend over now and buy 500 copies off 3DSware.

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

communist unity (comm-unity)

• Boss of the Gym
  • 100% salt
Re: Megaman Legends 3 - Kilga flips out edition
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 07:13:18 PM »
well I guess you can say goodbye to MML3.
 :colonveeplusalpha:

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 07:21:02 PM »
Capcom is on a roll of stupid.  Refusing to localize the new Ace Attorney game nor the crossover Layton/Phoenix game.  And now "oh we haven't even greenlighted the game yet, you gotta buy the beta first then we'll think about it" pure cashgrab for MML3.

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 07:30:07 PM »
GOD DAMN

CAPCOM
Horie dorie~
Pixiv: http://pixiv.me/choja / PSO2: Choja (Ship5) / 3DS: 3496-9942-9472 / PSVITA: choja206 (English) / chojahiragawajpn (Japanese) / Cosplays: Koishi Komeiji, Kogasa Tatara
Tumblr contains cooking and cosplay. Twitter contains me retweeting everything.
I draw but I do not use artist title. I also write, but I have been inactive lately. I want to get better at those things and more!

communist unity (comm-unity)

• Boss of the Gym
  • 100% salt
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 07:36:47 PM »
Refusing to localize the new Ace Attorney game nor the crossover Layton/Phoenix game. 

Refusing to localize the new Ace Attorney game

oh hell no you've gotta be kidding

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2011, 08:31:32 PM »
Explain this one to me, so I can buy a prototype, and then if Capcom decides the sales are good enough, they finish developing the game, and I can buy the full version?

Did you ever see any game company charging you for a demo, and then deciding to develop further if the demo sold enough? Usually demos are free, or come bundled with something else like a console. I can't wait to see how this marketing campaign turns out.

Anyone thinks it could work out for Capcom?

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 08:43:11 PM »
Capcom is on a roll of stupid.  Refusing to localize the new Ace Attorney game nor the crossover Layton/Phoenix game.  And now "oh we haven't even greenlighted the game yet, you gotta buy the beta first then we'll think about it" pure cashgrab for MML3.

Spoiler:
It's a marketing ploy to make you buy more stuff and go to their forums to show your support for the games.
In other words, they are building hype trains !
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 08:46:07 PM by The only Master Bigode in the world »

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2011, 08:53:06 PM »
Spoiler:
It's a marketing ploy to make you buy more stuff and go to their forums to show your support for the games.
In other words, they are building hype trains !

I want to jump on this train!

Edit: Actually, on second thought, delete this post, it's not productive
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 08:57:33 PM by Sefam »

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation

Letty Whiterock

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2011, 12:28:23 PM »
MML3 will get a release. We all know it. Rockman DASH is well-liked in Japan, and people will definitely want more Tron Bonne at the very least.

Lunaca

• NOT a "Main Character"
  • I SHALL NEVER ACCEPT IT!!!
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2011, 12:43:18 PM »
... for the love of JUST NOW?!?
this is seriously one of those games ive been waiting for, for a long time i mean we skipped an entire console generation
The "Bystander" of #dots-meido with a curious lack of "meido"

Letty Whiterock

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2011, 12:58:25 PM »
Also, this prototype version is 2 dollars, and if you can't be bothered to spend two bucks to show support for a game you want, then maybe it doesn't need to get made at all.

I definitely understand the problems people are having with this, but Legends 1 and 2 didn't sell so well here, apparently, so they're trying to gauge interest. I don't even own a 3DS, and I'll probably find some way to spend 2 bucks on this.

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2011, 01:28:02 PM »
This is Kilga hijacking his new pet's Miz's account.

I'm more annoyed at the risk of being forced to spoil part of the game for myself if I actually want it than anything else.

If it's only two bucks I'll likely shell out. If it balloons to something like ten, though, then forget it.

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2011, 04:58:34 PM »

I'm more annoyed at the risk of being forced to spoil part of the game for myself if I actually want it than anything else.

If it's only two bucks I'll likely shell out. If it balloons to something like ten, though, then forget it.
Actually I heard the prototype will be it's own level and have nothing to do with the story

On the other hand because of the way Nintendo shop works you'll have to pay at least 10 bucks anyways since that's the minimum point purchase amount :V
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 05:00:07 PM by Suikama »

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2011, 05:43:39 PM »
The only thing that surprises me is the fact that there's a character with my name in the game. 0_0

I may buy a 3DS next month, but it's unlikely. I have to save my money, and I already have like three DSes already (one of them is lent to my girlfriend, but it's showing its age). However, a friend of mine is an MML fan, and not seeing this game come out would be quite a blow to him. I don't approve of this sort of thing either, having a game we've been waiting on for ten years, but there's not a whole lot we can do. Unless there's some kind of worldwide riot and Capcom's headquarters is stormed, this is how it is, so we'll have to be good little consumers and buy their product when it's available.

Also, just because there's no plans for Professor Layton or AA Investigations to be localized does not mean they're not going to come to the US at all. It just won't happen right away. :P

« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2011, 06:28:53 PM »
Yeah that's dandy and all. I want X9! >:(

Letty Whiterock

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2011, 07:06:19 PM »

The JP version is called Rockman DASH 3 The PROLOGUE, so you'd be playing what happens before MML3.

wooterz

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2011, 07:58:02 PM »
Agh damnit. I eat pre-release stuff like this up, man...

Except GT5 Prologue. I'm not paying $40 for a fucking demo then not getting a discount when the full thing comes out.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 08:56:27 PM by dustyjo »

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2011, 10:53:09 PM »
MML3?  Fuck yeah!  Paying for a demo to gauge interest?  Well I'm definitely interested in how that will work out.  I won't be getting it myself, if only because I don't really support the idea of paying for a demo, but I'm curious as to how many people will buy it.

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2011, 02:55:22 AM »
  • Start Production on MML3
  • Cancel Production
  • Sell the part you made as a prologue, telling people to buy it if the want to see the full version be made
  • No matter how much you make, tell everyone it's not enough to cover projected costs of making the full game.

Best Marketing Ploy, or Best Marketing Ploy EVER.

Seriously, I am Pissed off at Capcom. They are the ultimate demonstration of how capitalism negatively affects the gaming industry. If you can't charge one billion gamers ten dollars for every day of work you put into a game, it's not worth making the game to them. It doesn't matter that the purpose of games is to provide fun for the people who choose to buy their products, All they think about, and even all they are even discussing with the population is "How much money can we milk out of these products?"

Here's a win/win situation, Capcom. Sell the rights to your game ideas to companies that are willing to put the time and effort into making these good games. That way, the gaming population can have all of these fun games, and you can get your quick million without getting off your lazy butts.

This is not a demo. This is a hostage situation. A demo is a brief view of the game in order to convince people to buy the full version. THIS IS THE EXACT OPPOSITE, this is a brief view of how much people are willing to pay in order to convince Capcom to make the full game.

As for PLvsPW I heard that that game is going to get an english release eventually, thanks to Level 5's efforts.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2011, 05:08:00 PM »
This is the same Capcom that got pitched 'Splosion Man, rejected it, and then made their own clone shamelessly after it became popular.  After getting called on the mat about it, they of course feign ignorance and will not pull it from sale, and they know the 'Splosion guys are too small to try to take them to court over it.  They have no fucking soul anymore.

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2011, 05:51:49 PM »
Is it just me, or does Capcom never does anything original? When they need a new franchise, they either steal it or (very rarely) make it themselves, only to copy and paste the exact same thing 10 times until it's not marketable anymore. Hell, they even copy & paste inside their games(
Spoiler:
Devil May Cry 4
, or recycling bosses within games themselves in general).

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2011, 04:27:25 AM »
If you guys are curious about what Inafune's up to amongst all this, this will answer your queries, and will probably elevate his status to Mastergrade Troll higher than that of Kojima.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale