Author Topic: Touhoumon Collab  (Read 5164 times)

Touhoumon Collab
« on: November 16, 2015, 02:44:27 AM »
Hello. My name is Cejai. Today, I've come to you today to pitch an idea that's been cooking in my head for a long while.

The main concept is that of a Touhoumon game with one major difference to set it apart from the rest:
Instead of capturing and trading doll versions of every single character, the player will instead capture creatures based around the characters themselves.

My goal would be to create a much more creative and distinct game from it's counterparts, allowing one to not only play through a game discovering new breeds of Touhou-based Pokemon over the same old designs, but also to create a world in just the same light, reminiscent of Touhou and Pokemon but unique all the same. I have tried to achieve this in the past on my own, but have found limits to what I can do alone in terms of design and game-making. As such, I'm starting up on a clean slate with this project and have started looking for people willing to work alongside me.

So, how about it?

GhoulMage

• Be careful, be... a Xeno.
    • GhoulMage blog
Re: Touhoumon Collab
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 06:31:48 PM »
Youkai-like Pok?mons? :3

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2015, 12:08:42 AM »
Youkai-like Pok?mons? :3
Or Pokemon-like Youkai?  :3

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2015, 03:18:37 AM »
*cough* Yo-Kai Watch... *cough*
Edit: Here's a pic. imgur.com/YXJTGpD
Edit 2:  Thanks Fluffy8x. :) Hope your project does well.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 03:04:08 PM by Inubashira »
Feel free to poke me on Discord. Inubashira#2738

Uruwi

• Nightmare of Torrential Precipitation
  • 478 million goober
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2015, 03:46:34 AM »
Edit: Here's a pic. imgur.com/YXJTGpD Just copy-paste.

Code: [Select]
[url]...[/url] is your friend.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]
Avelantis (demo) Easy YuukiB 426,077,200

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2015, 05:06:27 AM »
True enough, although the main focus is going on making Touhou-themed Pokemon over any basic youkai-based monsters. Adding generic youkai 'mons would probably be repetitive, given any character specific ones would already be their own species.

GhoulMage

• Be careful, be... a Xeno.
    • GhoulMage blog
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2015, 06:44:06 AM »
Interesting.

Edit: What type of help do you need?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 03:10:55 PM by GhoulMage »

Fulisha of Light

• Also known as Felis-Licht
  • Light and Day Aeon ~C☆
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2015, 10:17:13 AM »

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2015, 10:35:13 PM »
You mean something like this? (not drawn by me):

http://img01.deviantart.net/e69c/i/2012/036/6/4/touhoumon__yuyuko_by_lunaticflowerxx-d4oq0go.png
Yep! The design is enough Yuyuko to make it recognizable, but still original enough to be thought of as its own creature. Furthermore, the line itself in every stage still strikes a good balance of this while also creating a design that shows a good progression from basic to final form.
Designs like these are what I'd like to focus on initially, since it is the main point of this project, there's a lot of ground to cover with number of individuals to work around, and everything beyond region-building is really dependent on the these creatures being created.

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2015, 04:21:06 AM »
In all seriousness, this looks like a neat idea.
Feel free to poke me on Discord. Inubashira#2738

Fulisha of Light

• Light and Day Aeon ~C☆
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2015, 07:07:58 AM »
Yep! The design is enough Yuyuko to make it recognizable, but still original enough to be thought of as its own creature. Furthermore, the line itself in every stage still strikes a good balance of this while also creating a design that shows a good progression from basic to final form.
Designs like these are what I'd like to focus on initially, since it is the main point of this project, there's a lot of ground to cover with number of individuals to work around, and everything beyond region-building is really dependent on the these creatures being created.

I could help out, as I have been in a fakemon drawing mood. Though I'm terrible at names...
I ended up getting a little inspired today to doodle something and I came up with some little Koishi-like mon': http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af11/Gabifier-tm/Drawings/sketch_wip_zpsra6xcmsd.png

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2015, 07:43:21 AM »
I could help out, as I have been in a fakemon drawing mood. Though I'm terrible at names...
In my solo attempt I was pretty good at naming 'mons, so I can probably back you up in that regard.
I ended up getting a little inspired today to doodle something and I came up with some little Koishi-like mon': http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af11/Gabifier-tm/Drawings/sketch_wip_zpsra6xcmsd.png
Ah, it's so bizarre and cute! If you think of any more, feel free to share them!
(Also, are they based around animal in particular?)

Fulisha of Light

• Light and Day Aeon ~C☆
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2015, 10:45:48 PM »
Thank you~ I'll share some when I get some time and inspiration~

It was going to be a monkey/small ape (because satori species and all that jazz), but I just went with a cat because of Koishi's transformation into one by Mamizou's spellcard in HM.
Also some inspiration from Espurr as well.

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2015, 02:11:15 AM »
It was going to be a monkey/small ape (because satori species and all that jazz), but I just went with a cat because of Koishi's transformation into one by Mamizou's spellcard in HM.
Also some inspiration from Espurr as well.
Okay then. Maybe "Nekoishi" or "Felide" would work for a name.