Author Topic: Sakuya vs Dio (Screwattack's One Minute Melee)  (Read 15310 times)

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
Re: Sakuya vs Dio (Screwattack's One Minute Melee)
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2015, 08:41:27 PM »
This couldn't go into my Favorites fast enough. Fantastic choreography throughout, and I love the details from both series. Nicely done dude.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

MetalStudios

• The Paladin of Phantasm
  • One day I'll get better
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2015, 11:15:49 PM »
Might be a bit late to ask but...
Why a Metal slug level as the stage ?????

It's supposed to look like Cairo, Egypt
That's where the final battle with Dio took place in Stardust Crusaders
"Do you believe in gravity? That there's a reason why we meet?"

Aquila

• Sprite animator
  • Productivity is a drug
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2015, 11:20:40 PM »
Might be a bit late to ask but...
Why a Metal slug level as the stage ?????
I felt I could do a lot more with the destructible background (That I never got to take advantage of in the end... orz) and the objects that came with the game like the cars and that bus as opposed to using the Touhou/Jojo stages.

That and it was the closest thing I could find to Cairo.

« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2015, 01:00:25 AM »
That was fun. Well done.
What's the music that you used in the video?
Playing Touhou since 18 March 2012. Playing video games since 19XX.
Normal 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS, CtC.
Extra 1CC: EoSD, PCB+Phantasm, IN, PoFV (K&S), MoF, SA, TD, HSiFS, CtC+Phantasm.
Hard 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, CtC.
Lunatic 1CC: EoSD

Aquila

• Sprite animator
  • Productivity is a drug
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2015, 01:37:08 AM »
Shin Megami Tensei Digital Devil Saga 2 OST - Battle For Survival
(With slight edits to accomodate the timing of the animation)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCuOjfyUHnA

« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2015, 06:47:07 AM »
Cool, ty.
What about the Flowering Night arrange used in the Viewer Poll at the end? I found the track on Youtube but I can't find the name or artist.
Extra 1CC: EoSD, PCB+Phantasm, IN, PoFV (K&S), MoF, SA, TD, HSiFS, CtC+Phantasm.

Monkeypro257

« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2015, 06:50:27 AM »
Really amusing fight to watch that send me shivers down my spine even after the end! It was also nice that Sakuya won too, thank you for that. :)

Aquila

• Sprite animator
  • Productivity is a drug
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2015, 09:52:35 PM »
Cool, ty.
What about the Flowering Night arrange used in the Viewer Poll at the end? I found the track on Youtube but I can't find the name or artist.
I actually don't know about that one, I animated her victory animation but the music and everything else for the victory screen was done by Mali.

« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2015, 11:27:39 AM »
I felt I could do a lot more with the destructible background (That I never got to take advantage of in the end... orz) and the objects that came with the game like the cars and that bus as opposed to using the Touhou/Jojo stages.

That and it was the closest thing I could find to Cairo.

Its a good choice, since for the final fight with Jojo vs Dio. There were also buses being tossed around.

« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2015, 06:51:34 AM »
I actually don't know about that one, I animated her victory animation but the music and everything else for the victory screen was done by Mali.
Found it. It's from Alstroemeria Records's trace|phantasmagoria album.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2015, 09:26:22 PM »
But not the other way around.

I knew Jojo long before Touhou.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2015, 03:36:08 AM »
Props to Aquila for the animation. Really good, hopefully you can do more.

Also props to whoever chose the UI-70 version of Lunar Clock Luna Dial. Good one.

Had this been Death Battle I'd be scratching my head a bit at the result, but it's not, and overall, I enjoyed this either way. I do love the Time Stop effect. Expected it when I saw the video length though :P But that's probably cause I know both Sakuya and Dio.

« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2015, 10:38:21 AM »
Had this been Death Battle I'd be scratching my head a bit at the result, but it's not, and overall, I enjoyed this either way.

Haven't seen Death Battle, but why the head scratching? I've seen Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, but never read the comics, so does Dio have any other hidden abilities or something?

Firestorm29

• Lily White Mage
  • Spring Time is Healing Time~
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2015, 01:57:04 PM »
Really enjoyed this one, loved how you had the subtitles, especally for all the MUDAs. The time freeze was nice, too. Showed it to a friend and he said that last part gave him goosebumps.

I do wonder how death battle would approach this. Dio's The World only freezes time for about 11 seconds at it's best, and not sure how easy it'd be for Sakuya to disarm Dio like that. Who knows, enough controversy might turn it into a death battle candidate.

AJS

• Danmakufu Scripter
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2015, 06:52:12 PM »
Just gonna hop on the bandwagon and compliment you for the splendid animation as well.  Even though you said you "nerfed" Dio and had Sakuya win because of bias, I still think you managed to give Dio his own chance to shine.  But in the end, Sakuya launching her final attack and outwitting a Jojo character while Luna Dial played was just a masterful stroke.  Major kudos to you, my friend.

I kind of suspected the animator must've been a Touhou fan, since even though they said there's "no research", I thought "there's no way a non-Touhou fan would be able to give Sakuya that much justice." :V

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2015, 07:05:19 PM »
Haven't seen Death Battle, but why the head scratching? I've seen Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, but never read the comics, so does Dio have any other hidden abilities or something?

It'd probably be nerfed for DB standards, but in the Jojoverse, Stand users can only be defeated by other Stands, due to Stands going so far as to physically protect their users, whether the user wishes it or not(For example, Kujo Jotaro takes a Police officer's gun, puts it to his head, and fires the bullet, which his stand catches. To note, it's pretty much right at his head). At the same time, their Stands can only be seen by other Stand Users. Since Sakuya doesn't have one, she wouldn't be able to see it

Again, it would probably be nerfed by Death Battle standards, so who knows.

Espadas

• You're gonna have a bad time
« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2015, 06:22:07 PM »
It'd probably be nerfed for DB standards, but in the Jojoverse, Stand users can only be defeated by other Stands, due to Stands going so far as to physically protect their users, whether the user wishes it or not(For example, Kujo Jotaro takes a Police officer's gun, puts it to his head, and fires the bullet, which his stand catches. To note, it's pretty much right at his head). At the same time, their Stands can only be seen by other Stand Users. Since Sakuya doesn't have one, she wouldn't be able to see it

Again, it would probably be nerfed by Death Battle standards, so who knows.

Kinda curious what would happen if Sakuya attacked Dio while in frozen time..... lot of possible outcomes, although my money would be on her being able to hit him.

Anyway, great animation! Really enjoyed it, and the fact Sakuya won is even better  :D