Author Topic: Touhou games on laptop?  (Read 2576 times)

Touhou games on laptop?
« on: July 02, 2014, 04:16:02 AM »
Hello. I wanted to get a laptop along with some games, including both official and fanmade Touhou games. The problem is that I've heard of people claiming that Touhou games (not sure if they're official or not, I assume they mean the official ones) don't run fine on Laptops. So, my question is, do any of you Laptop users had issues with Touhou games on your Laptop? Any help will be appreciated.

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
Re: Touhou games on laptop?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 04:26:54 AM »
Lots of people play the games on laptop without issues.

EDIT: Only issue may be ghosting, or not being able to press more than a certain number of keys at once. Check before you buy. Or get a separate keyboard.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 04:28:40 AM by Shimatora »

Visit #sokumaidens on irc.ppirc.net for discussion and matchmaking for a wide variety of fighting games!
Feel free to message me if you need anything!

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 04:52:59 AM »
I started playing Touhou on a laptop with a Pentium M. The laptop didn't even run Windows (Xubuntu + Wine) and it could run EoSD at full speed and PCB/IN at 45fps.
My next laptop ran on a Pentium dual-core and could run everything up to DDC at 640x480 full speed.

In other words modern laptops run Touhou fine.

But yeah check your keyboard. Visit this site. Click the keyboard, then hold left shift, Z, and X at the same time. While holding these keys, try holding down the following arrow keys: up-left, up-right, down-left, down-right. Bonus points if you can hold left shift, Z, and C; and left shift, X, and C; along with the various arrow key combinations.
If any key(s) don't light up, your keyboard is bad.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 05:51:21 AM by shockdude »
Playing Touhou since 18 March 2012. Playing video games since 19XX.
Normal 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS, CtC.
Extra 1CC: EoSD, PCB+Phantasm, IN, PoFV (K&S), MoF, SA, TD, HSiFS, CtC+Phantasm.
Hard 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, CtC.
Lunatic 1CC: EoSD

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 03:52:01 PM »
Ah, I see. Well thanks for both of your help! Looks like I may get a laptop soon.

EDIT: To any of you here who owns a MSI GS70 Stealth Pro laptop, do you have any issues with it's keyboard? Or even any other issues, especially with games?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 04:49:28 PM by StrikonX »