Author Topic: Sailor Moon Crystal lead cast revealed  (Read 10981 times)

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
Re: Sailor Moon Crystal lead cast revealed
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2014, 02:54:14 AM »
I ain't a fan of the art style so far but I'm ready to be impressed. The first episode can't get here fast enough.

« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2014, 03:42:25 AM »
I like the new look, it has a very bright and colorful style to it which seems to work for what they're doing. I just hope they have the budget for it.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2014, 06:31:39 PM »
Some new casting details...

Role -- VA // Some prior noteworthy roles

Luna -- Ryou Hirohashi // Alice Carroll (Aria), Kyou (Clannad), Sora (Kaleido Star)
Mamoru Chiba/Tuxedo Mask -- Kenji Nojima // Yuji Kaido (Blue Gender), Wataru Minakami (Sister Princess)

The series is set to premiere on July 5, 2014 at 7:00 pm Japan Time  (6:00 am EDT).

Alfred F. Jones

« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2014, 07:40:12 PM »
Have any of you heard the henshin music from the leaked transformation scene on youtube? It sounds super close to that of Smile Precure. Which had some of my favourite henshin music, so I don't necessarily mind.

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2014, 10:16:37 PM »
Luna -- Ryou Hirohashi // Alice Carroll (Aria), Kyou (Clannad), Sora (Kaleido Star).
Also Youmu from Koumajou Densetsu II.

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2014, 07:19:11 PM »
So... I just finished watchin' the first episode and I must say I loved it. ♥ Made me feel very nostalgic...

I just think the art makes them look older than they actually are. I mean, Usagi is 14, but she looks like 17~18. But I still like it. It may not be the best art out there, but it's certainly unique. Similar to how ZUN isn't the best artist out there, but his art still has an unique charm.

Serela said the girls looks elegant and pristine now, and I agree. They do look rather regal now, which is fitting considering the anime has a romantic/graceful atmosphere, and is targeting us, the female audience.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 07:25:10 PM by ☆ Synnae ☆ »

Sweetness and love~ ♥

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2014, 05:36:51 AM »
Just watched the first episode with my roommate, who is a huge Sailor Moon fan I guess. Maybe it was just the bizarro translation, but it was... The most awkward thing I've ever seen? It was like a parody of anime. Not that that's a criticism necessarily, it was fun to watch. I'll probably stick around for at least the next couple.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Alfred F. Jones

« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2014, 01:34:28 AM »
So out of curiousity, is anyone actually watching Crystal?

For my part, sorting out all the information about where to watch streams has been kind of a pain for me (since I've been busy) and also the art style doesn't appeal to me at all, but I'd like to watch it sometime.

Drake

« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2014, 03:02:37 AM »
After watching the first two episodes I'm really not sure how to feel about this. The animation is almost too much for me to handle. I find the transformation sequences a bit odd just because of the CG but wow man that quality animation is enough that I can't reasonably ignore it.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -