Author Topic: Touhou NoR Question  (Read 20631 times)

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
Re: Touhou NoR Question
« Reply #90 on: March 09, 2014, 04:19:30 PM »
More like, defeating a monster a certain amount will give a 100% chance of joining the party, if it is eligible.
Usually (almost always), 2 stars : 32 kills, 1 star : 64 kills.

If you are lucky, you can get them way before you reach the number.

One of the easier ways to get Kantei is to:
Go to the uppermost checkpoint -> Go right, then straight up -> Activate the orb and enter the Dream Corridor.
The 3 enemies here has a higher chance of having Kantei. Although it isn't high enough.
Signature

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #91 on: March 09, 2014, 04:24:58 PM »
Ahh, so it's more like each monster kill increases the chances of recruitment? Well, that's a welcome change after DoD and PS where monster recruits were essentially low chance luck things that almost always ended up being stupid monster grindfests in order to get the best shikigami/cards.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

« Reply #92 on: March 09, 2014, 10:17:36 PM »
More like, defeating a monster a certain amount will give a 100% chance of joining the party, if it is eligible.
Usually (almost always), 2 stars : 32 kills, 1 star : 64 kills.

If you are lucky, you can get them way before you reach the number.

One of the easier ways to get Kantei is to:
Go to the uppermost checkpoint -> Go right, then straight up -> Activate the orb and enter the Dream Corridor.
The 3 enemies here has a higher chance of having Kantei. Although it isn't high enough.
I suspected this after what I mentioned regarding the Minotaur, only 4 tries, but I got the Lesser Demon in the same way, I wonder if there is another mechanic in place, both were high HP enemies and I don't think I ever tried to defeat them on the first turn, or a single blow more likely, I guess I could experiment with newer 2-star enemies or just try with an old save, but the spawn is sort of rare, guess I'll have to see how fast it spawns while running.

Sadly that's the place I went to farm it, it also spawns alone in the room before the Dream Corridor where you access the Orb, I am not exaggerating when I say the Yukkuri spawns more frequently, they come in pairs, the Kantei doesn't, even the Lesser Demons do and these are rare spawns.

It was on the top two most tedious things to do in the game so far, for it to be mentioned in the wiki, the other was getting the Fujin's Drawers, again because of her low spawn rate, 10% Drop Success and only 20% chances of getting the Drawers.

« Reply #93 on: March 10, 2014, 02:39:10 PM »
Well, that's good that the probabilty rises for each kill,
but unfortunately, the mosters themself are usually rare to encounter.

So it's difficult x2, which  is really annoying.
Please donate, so I can make more of NoR-Wiki or other stuff.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=R5D8A2CTMEWMJ Click here to donate (USD)
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=A3498RT3XLXL8 Click here to donate (EUR)
Thanks people.

« Reply #94 on: March 10, 2014, 08:41:22 PM »
Suddenly:

-

This skill name, I am not sure if I'll figure out first how to properly spark or what is it called (Sukima Straight ? / Storage ?).

Tried piercing skills without luck, even with the Ginnungagap, then since her Last Word ignores defense I tried with such skills, Blood Lance, Hard Hit (partial), Boar Ring Buster (partial), and 徹し, finally it worked with this last (I don't have Acala Sword to test), got it twice with different weapons, her parasol and the katana in the pic, trying to test if triggering a Critical Skill would spark her Last Word but is unrelated.

Then I later tried Dimensional Slash, which could be related, and it sparked again, but I am unable to reproduce the sparkings and unable to determine if they're random given Marisa's is so easy and consistent to spark.

The main issue right now is that I don't know if they can be sparked via regular attack, even if they do, there is a chance that the lower the skills are in tier the lower the chances to spark, just like what happens with some of the regular skills, I mentioned this with Blazing Star, I was unable to get it to spark with a 'free' all-targetting skill. I still think there are special conditions that at least raise the sparking probability, such as specific weapons or skills, this is confirmed for regular skills, what is uncertain is if there are other special conditions (HP%), or if they can even be stacked.

I guess the only solution, short of someone coming with the exact method, would be to create an auto-attacking simulation against the Ghosts and let it run for a real while, if the chance is 1% with Regular skills I could easily see it requiring 2000 turns, basically have all 5 characters with their physical Last Word unsparked, assing then Elemental Regen, and equip them with a weapon the character has an ability of 20 or higher.

If any spark under these conditions it would confirm regular attack sparking, while also ruling out the missing HP percentage.

Not sure if many are aware of this, but weapon cooldowns are individual just like Doppels, what I mean is that you can spam nearly any weapon skill via Dual Wielding the same type of weapon, for example with an sword in each hand you can cast Dimensional Slash continually, saves a lot of time for testing, be sure to cast Miracle Hakkero to not run out of MP.
but unfortunately, the mosters themself are usually rare to encounter.
This on GoS, I don't mind the drop rate, I got multiple 0.5% items, but when you put a item with 0.1% Drop chance, and the monster spawns in a single room and is a rare encounter, I have to mention many of these, if not all, were remnants carried over to Weekend. The Yukkuri Medal of Honor drop rate was unchanged as well (2.5% only), lowest drop piece of equipment in the entire game.

NoR lowest Drop item chance is 1%, but with a 10% Success Rate, not using drop enhacements items, while somewhat equivalent these drops are for all area enemies, so the chances are much higher for farming.

EDIT: nevermind, Sukima Strash, it's a DQ reference, I had to dig so deep to find this I am not sure how long it will take me to get out of this hole.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 08:07:55 AM by Cjd2524 »

« Reply #95 on: March 11, 2014, 02:29:43 PM »
EDIT: nevermind, Sukima Strash, it's a DQ reference, I had to dig so deep to find this I am not sure how long it will take me to get out of this hole.
Oh, can you elaborate this, since I'm not familiar with DQ.
I thought "Strash" would be a combination of "Slash" and "Strike".
Would be useful information for wiki
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=R5D8A2CTMEWMJ Click here to donate (USD)
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=A3498RT3XLXL8 Click here to donate (EUR)
Thanks people.

« Reply #96 on: March 11, 2014, 07:57:37 PM »
I thought "Strash" would be a combination of "Slash" and "Strike".
The funny thing is that I believed at first I thought it was a combination of Slash and Thrust, but mainly because I read it as Strush, and her skill is Piercing type.

Again I haven't played a DQ game, nor watched the anime, someone familiar with the franchise, or a time-traveler, will likely be able to explain it easily .
Code: [Select]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urLEheJz0eE#t=11m28s

Sparked Dawn of Norito via Regular attack while having 30/1550 POW via regular attack on a regular battle, I think this could require a quantity of POW bigger than 1500 while being low POW.

The problem is I don't have it as a selectable Last Word, so does it unspark or is only available for use during a low threshold level of POW, like below 10% ?

There are reports that RES is useless above 50, I somewhat I agree with this, when I entered the Volcano I tried going above this threshold to see if it stopped Instant Death from the Mind Flayers and it didn't, even at double the RES, then I tried RES 33 + 50 with the Caviar and again didn't prevent Instant Death, this is very different from GoS.

Instant Death and Sleep Resistance against Muu Monnyan, is unneeded but is good to know equipment, I am not sure if there is any Doppel Skill that helps with this.

« Reply #97 on: March 12, 2014, 06:07:58 AM »
I'm pretty sure you guys are overcomplicating the entire Last Word sparking process. I can confirm that at least one Last Word per character can be sparked off of a regular attack/physical skill, and I'm quite sure weapon type doesn't have much of a bearing on it either.

I've managed to get:
-The above Yukari one (which, besides ignoring defense has the handy property of lacking an element, making it capable of damaging anything regardless of resistances, sparked with a sword)
-Mamizou's physical Last Word (uses weapon attribute, sparked with a bow),
-Saya's Kurahinata Divine Palm (weapon attribute, sparked with a gun(!!!), may cause instant death? Can't remember if I ever saw it) AND what I was told was an enhanced version of Dawn of Norito that just adds a POW restoring effect to the existing one (I saw it in the other thread, I believe)
-Marisa's Miracle Hakkero (I think I sparked this one while trying to use Master Spark, rather than a physical attack)
-Reimu's __ (Looks like Hakurei Healing Barrier, but...other than restoring the party's MP, it doesn't seem to do anything else. Rather disappointing, especially since she was the last one to get a secondary Last Word and the only character I have trouble with using)

Mind you, none of these were sparked under specific conditions, and everything but Miracle Hakkero and Reimu's were sparked before Muu (Miracle Hakkero happened during my desperate struggle against her, for that matter).

« Reply #98 on: March 12, 2014, 02:54:08 PM »
I also managed to get Last Words with normal attacks.
I only have Yukari's "Sukima Strash", Mamizou's "Bakedanuki [attack]", Saya's "Dawn of Norito" and Reimu's "Hakurei Yin-yang barrier".

Reimu's "Yin-yang barrier" is only useful in Boss battles, since she always uses it the last in the action order, you can just spam your MP in the turn you use it.
Of course, if you spamd MP in the last round, and than it activates it's a bit unlucky, nevertheless, this actually is pretty useful.

Well, let's see what I still'll learn.
No spoiler please, I want to find it out myself.
Thanks people.

« Reply #99 on: March 12, 2014, 07:40:46 PM »
I'm pretty sure you guys are overcomplicating the entire Last Word sparking process. I can confirm that at least one Last Word per character can be sparked off of a regular attack/physical skill, and I'm quite sure weapon type doesn't have much of a bearing on it either.
All physical skills can too, with non-specific weapons and non-specific skills, at a 1% probability rate for the highest tier, but only if your character doesn't have disability for that skill type.

All Last Words have at least one specific condition, the Magical ones have a 100% activation rate once the conditions are met, and they're skill type, element, and targetting specific, but I believe these are special as they can be sparked on the party (it's full 100%), while the physical ones, even Marisa won't at all.

I am sure no Last Word can be sparked on the 1st Turn (without multi-attacking), and that Weapon Ability must be around 20~ (Physical), at least for Marisa.
Saya's Kurahinata Divine Palm (weapon attribute, sparked with a gun(!!!), may cause instant death? Can't remember if I ever saw it) AND what I was told was an enhanced version of Dawn of Norito that just adds a POW restoring effect to the existing one (I saw it in the other thread, I believe)
It does, it's harder to notice if you are using a Crocea Mors or an Executioner, besides Instant Death is only calculated if the enemy survived the attack, and her Last Word usually finishes most lesser enemies.

Dawn of Norito also seemed pretty specific, missing POW, or have POW be higher than X amount, or both. Regarding the missing HP (besides GoS), many players report they have sparked physical Last Words after being hit by 1 Million Volts, which leaves your characters in critical condition.
-Reimu's __ (Looks like Hakurei Healing Barrier, but...other than restoring the party's MP, it doesn't seem to do anything else. Rather disappointing, especially since she was the last one to get a secondary Last Word and the only character I have trouble with using)
I think Reimu's grants 'invincibility' only the turn after it's used, so if I had to try something, all party or something at Critical Health.
Mind you, none of these were sparked under specific conditions, and everything but Miracle Hakkero and Reimu's were sparked before Muu (Miracle Hakkero happened during my desperate struggle against her, for that matter).
With the exception of Mamizou's I also got them before Muu, since I didn't knew what her Last Word did I wasn't sure what to try, Is any Doppel/Sub able to Elemental Enchant like Nitori, Patchouli, or Byakuren did in GoS ?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 01:24:28 AM by Cjd2524 »

« Reply #100 on: March 13, 2014, 02:38:29 PM »
I think Reimu's grants 'invincibility' only the turn after it's used, so if I had to try something, all party or something at Critical Health.
Nope, it does only heal your MP, that's what the original description also says.
Also, you should have noticed that this skill is always being used last in the action order, so invincibilty would be useless, except when it is an "abilty change", but you'll no notice that there's no icon appearing, thus it's only MP recovery.
BTW, it also affects death party members.
Thanks people.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #101 on: March 13, 2014, 02:56:59 PM »
Yeah, the MP recovery Last Word does not grant invincibility. However, Reimu's other learnable Last Word, Fantasy Nature, gives her invincibility on the turn it is used.

« Reply #102 on: March 13, 2014, 08:25:23 PM »
Nope, it does only heal your MP, that's what the original description also says.
We aren't talking about the same Last Words, if I was referring to Hakurei Yin-Yang Barrier I would do it by name. Besides is one of the earliest Last Words to spark, it has a low requirement and can be sparked by a regular physical attack.

What I am wondering is why I didn't spark Mamizou's, I use Elemental skills all the time, so this only leaves me with Land Power being a factor (FIR, WTR, or ELE maxed) or back to the beginning to test specific Doppels.
Yeah, the MP recovery Last Word does not grant invincibility. However, Reimu's other learnable Last Word, Fantasy Nature, gives her invincibility on the turn it is used.

Are you sure about this last, because Yukari does pretty much this, but doesn't prevent Status effects.

Please could someone elaborate on the reason I am posting the pic below, here's a tip, the Fire Giant is also infamous for doing the same:

It's very important.

Spoiler:
I am starting to think some of the monsters stats were left out of the bestiary for convenient reasons, specially those regarding Turn Order, is unbearable how random and unpredictable it is.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 08:29:12 PM by Cjd2524 »

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #103 on: March 13, 2014, 09:44:41 PM »
I am POSITIVE Fantasy Nature has that effect. Reimu has been attacked after using that Last Word and every time, she took no damage. It even says so on the JP wiki.

As for the picture... uh... is it because it is using a blunt skill which theoretically would be slower when most of your party hasn't gone yet? Or am I completely off the mark?

EDIT: Oh wait... is it because it's hitting the back row when it shouldn't be able to?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 09:47:44 PM by Validon98 »

« Reply #104 on: March 13, 2014, 10:54:56 PM »
Bravo, the AI is cheating in this game, unless there is some amazing explanation that doesn't sound like an excuse, the Undine can also Critical Thrust the back row, and the Fire Giant can use 徹し as well on the back row, sometimes twice in a row on the same character, this skill and Blood Lance ignore defense so the only way to reduce their damage is to use a shield and expect it to randomly activate (I do not consider gambling an strategy), or to use any type of physical resistance via Doppel, equipment, etc.

Information missing from the Bestiary:
INT (no way to determine Magic Damage)
AGI (no way to determine Turn Order)
# of Physical Strikes (Physical damage can't be properly calculated without this)
# of Magical Strikes (Magical  damage can't be properly calculated without this)
% Elemental Weakness / Elemental Resistance (↓)
The most notable example of this last is the Plasma, this enemy is weaker to fire than the rest, even though it's noted with the same (☠) as many others. This left me with doubts if when a monster or Boss had multiple weakness it was weaker to an specific one, while the bestiary seem to hint they are identical, I think the Jellys also may be weaker elementally than the rest of the regular enemies, however this is harder to notice because they have strong physical resistances.

This takes me again to what I was mentioning regarding damage, something is wrong with damage calculation, unrelated to critical damage, for example the Kirin's Vacuum Wave varies from 50~500 when striking the same character with the same equipment configuration with no shield involved.

EDIT:

So Physical evasion is calculated upon each individual hit with a maximum # of possible evasions that the player can only know for the party members but uncheckable for monsters, meaning raising evasion via Windshield will likely reduce Physical Damage due to the amounts of actual hits being less than the usual ones, while still not giving no "Miss" prompt, is specially useful for attacks that ignore defense I mentioned.

Is this correct ?

This explains why the damage I dealt to Kokagura was all random, very random, even when I was using Accurate Weapon, I never experienced this again until I found the Sylph which has the same ability to raise evasion, I think this and the ability of both to raise ELE Land Power diminished the damage against their own weaknesses.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 02:46:23 AM by Cjd2524 »

« Reply #105 on: March 15, 2014, 04:33:00 PM »
Haha, just learned "Miracle Hakkero" by using the defend command.
Thanks people.

« Reply #106 on: March 15, 2014, 07:04:20 PM »
Not surprising, Miracle Hakkero can be sparked with a support skill, heal for example, what I am not sure is if it requires targetting your party, in this case I would assume Defend is self-targetting and would count as such.

Manual stuff:

POT affects mainly Magic Defense, in GoS POT affected RES (also POT / 2 = Critical Success Rate), I am wondering if this is an error.

The manual here only list 6 classes out of 7 classes for # of attacks (攻撃回数), they have different names for some reason, I am guessing the manual is outdated.

While using the Defend Command the user has an extra Evasion over their normal one (回避+1), shield activation is 0 when attacking with Bows, Guns, and Magic.

Last Words aren't mentioned but in GoS it was possible to Defend while using Last Words with two-handed weapons and magic.

Missing monster classes (from GoS), Tsukumogami now includes Plants, Beasts now includes Reptiles and Birds, and Insects now includes Aquans.

Weapons by casting speed (from fastest to slowest): Bow -> Spear -> Sword -> Axe.

It doesn't mention where Guns fall so I am guessing it's somewhere around Swords and Axes, I can't remember how Nitori's SPD was affected in GoS.

Armors by casting speed (from fastest to slowest): Clothing -> Light Armor -> Heavy Armor

This last is what I was missing, I am under the impression is the same system as GoS, where each weapon and piece of armor had a "weight" added to them in the form of negative SPD, however in NoR is impossible to check SPD and thus see if the weights are individual so one would have to assume that there is a multiplier for each type of weapon and armor.

What I mean is that every piece of Heavy Armor is a slow as any other of the same category, I don't believe they have a fixed multiplier.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #107 on: March 15, 2014, 09:27:21 PM »
There should be a weight stat for weapons, even though it's hidden, because one of the possible enhancements you can put on a weapon is Weight Down.

« Reply #108 on: March 15, 2014, 10:25:37 PM »
Yes, this one (重さ-), sadly since it's impossible to know how much they modify speed, if I follow the rest of the Ability enchants it would be 2%~3%, but then what's even the base ?, is not practical at all, and testing is difficult because there is still SPD variation, so results will still be random to a lesser degree.

There is also this other Enchant, Action Speed (行動速度), which I guess must encompass all actions, while Weight Down may be restricted to Physical Actions, but should be more effective, again, percentages are unknown so it's all conjecture.

For a small moment I wasn't sure if I made up the "weight" stat I mentioned about GoS, so I had to double check:
GoS Weapon Weight, data is wrong, but measurement is approximate:

Swords:        12 (Kusanagi 7, True Claiomh Solais 0)
T-H Swords: 19
Rapier:            8 (Perseus + Hercules 4 = Half Regular Weight)
Katana:        25 (Schitei Nenbutsu + Gekka Bijin + Touhou Fuhai 13 = Half Regular Weight)
Daggers:         3 (Quickblade Weight 3 + SPD 25 = SPD 22)
Spears:          6 (Gungnir 2 = 33% Regular Weight)
Crusher:       23
Rods:            31
Guns:           30 (Carbine + Shade High-Power + Shade 2010 Weight 20 = Same as Crushers = 75% Regular Weight)
Weapon Weight is SPD % based on GoS, apparently, I don't have time to calculate these now, so the slower a character is, the less affected they are by their weight. Anyways is possible to get an idea that a Spear is twice as light as a Sword, and a Sword is twice as light as an Axe, they're closer in real use though at high levels.

Bows likely replace Daggers in weapon speed hierarchy in NoR. Crushers are 10% SPD Down in GoS, and most Guns are heavier than Crushers, however Guns were previously Piercing type, so is possible they were overhauled entirely.

There is Damage Correction for the Back Row, the Manual doesn't specify percentage, type and range of attacks for the reduction, I think I saw it most of the time being at 33% Reduction, but most games use 50% for Physical attacks.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 03:14:28 AM by Cjd2524 »

« Reply #109 on: March 16, 2014, 11:49:47 AM »
The weight thing really is confusing, since it is never explicit explained in the game.
They're some armors where the desciption for instance says that it is a light armor and it does not slow down you action speed,
and it is not referring to the 3 armor categories, but to the weight itself.

But othen but this, it's rarely mentioned...
Thanks people.

« Reply #110 on: March 16, 2014, 08:50:43 PM »
I don't think GoS even mentioned it, other than maybe in the manual, that's why I was unsure if I made it up.

There should be some form of visual feedback (an icon) for Status Avoidance to inform the player when is happening, in order to measure proper RES and how does it work, rather than hidding all the entire status system, specially when RES grants immunity, at least in GoS, in NoR seems bugged or it might be using a cap.

Here is how to calculate SPD in GoS using AGI and Weights (here), is outdated because expansion weapons and characters are missing, such as Rapiers, and how to calculate Turn Action Order (here), again in GoS.

Oh, I forgot about "Previous Action Order Result", isn't this what allowed some very slow enemies to attack first every few turns, I think for example the 2-Headed Dragon would every 20 Turns, or some other big number, then it would reset back again until the Turn # approached again.

I would need a proper testing environment to determine this while also corroborating the formula, I already mentioned one but with the formula having a very random value is nearly impossible to have proper results.

So, Ability caps at 40, this time for real I hope, the skills page noted the highest needed to spark a certain skill was Ability 39, still no idea how the multipliers works for this, Elemental Ability is looking really redundant to me at the moment.

Rare Spawns:

Pyramid                                         : Pyramis, Obelisk, Ace Power
Door (left of Underground Lake): Iceberg (Uncommon, spawns here only)
Underground Lake                       : Tarasque, Basilisk, Liutenant Demon, Hell's Truck (Uncommon)

Got all drops until the area I am, the Tarasque was very easy, these guys and these others were last, but I got the material in the end, that explains why they don't melt. The drop rate is crap being a rare spawn, the Armor is a valuable item for the Underground Lake.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 10:47:10 PM by Cjd2524 »

« Reply #111 on: March 17, 2014, 02:14:39 PM »
these guys and these others
Both picture're showing the same enemy ("Wall of Ice").
that explains why they don't melt.
What do you mean, "melt"?
Thanks people.

« Reply #112 on: March 18, 2014, 01:58:52 AM »
Both picture're showing the same enemy ("Wall of Ice").
Do all Walls of Ice look the same to you ?
Spoiler:
(not serious)
What do you mean, "melt"?
Because I found it hilarious, the first thing that came to my mind was something along the lines of, I am supposed to battle this thing, how is this even an enemy, wouldn't it just melt away naturally ?

The name of the Item they drop explains at least that. The Iceberg doing Ice Crash on my party didn't disappoint me, I wish it was an unique Iceberg sprite rather than a recolour.

In this game Dual Wielding = Dual Weighting, the manual omits this and makes it even more confusing due to the way it explains casting speed, somehow I believed SPD was for active Weapon (selected), because EVA works this way, Evasion is individual for each weapon, however EVA unlike SPD isn't affected by Weight.

In short when you Dual Wield no matter the weapons you use their casting speed will be the same, a character using a Bow in one hand and a Crusher in the other will cast with the same speed for both weapons, a character of the same AGI using only a Sword for example will be faster than the other using the Bow (or the Crusher).

This is what balances Shields, since they're weightless, in the other hand I am sure Variety Statuses ignore shields so it's balanced out.

Elemental stuff for later...need pics to explain the change from GoS to NoR.

« Reply #113 on: March 18, 2014, 03:45:10 PM »
however EVA unlike SPD isn't affected by Weight.
In general EVA and SPD have nothing in common, while the SPD determines your acting order, EVA determines the number of attacks you're able to avoid.
(or the rate of evading, if we talk about the indivual weapon's "EVA rate" value.)
Thanks people.

« Reply #114 on: March 18, 2014, 08:45:39 PM »
In most games Weight will reduce mobility, thus evasion, is a basic staple, even in this game Heavy Armors won't favour evasion.

Regular EVA stat is raw number for "Evasion Rate %" measured directly against ACC "Accuracy %", if an Undine (ACC 140 / Hits x6) attacks any character with EVA 40 or less Hit Rate will always be 100%, leaving aside skills' ACC modifiers. For Blood Lance her attack is 108, 108x6 = 648 damage for the Front Row, and since she is able to cheat into the Back Row, 72 x 6 = 438 damage for the Back Row. That's it supposing the skill ignores all defense and that she doesn't land a critical hit, I don't remember if she is able to take 2 Actions every 2 turns, or if she can only use 2 Actions when one of them is a non-offensive action.

Here is an example with pics:

Saya targets Reimu, Target's EVA 125(%) - User's ACC 19(%) = Reimu's EVA Rate 106%, User's PATK(#) 3 - Target's EVA(#) 5 = -2 Hits (able to avoid all attacks).

vs

Saya targets Reimu, Target's EVA 161(%) - User's ACC 60(%) = Reimu's EVA Rate 101(%), User's PATK(#) 8 - Target's EVA(#) 5 = 3 Hits ACC 100(%) (treated as EVA 0).

vs

On the example above if Reimu defends even while not having a shield or a weapon equipped, she will have EVA(#+1), and thus will only be hit twice.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 08:48:38 PM by Cjd2524 »

« Reply #115 on: March 21, 2014, 08:03:19 PM »
Dawn of Norito: Available after defeating Muu Monnyan, use regular attack on any enemy starting from the Great Wall northwest of the Genmu Castle or any area onwards.
It can only be sparked with a regular attack, skills will not work, it's unrelated to POW, has Fixed 100% Activation Rate, can be sparked on the first turn, thus Last Word is not required to be active, it can be sparked on a regular battle but can only be used in boss battles as it replaces Beginning of Norito.

It's an Area Flag unrelated to Enemy and Enemy Level, it will spark even on old enemies that still spawn in the new area, but it won't work on them in any area before.

So far only Saya's and Yukari's physical Last Word seems to be probability based, but it needs further testing to discard doppels, if Mamizou's or Reimu's were random I would have sparked them already.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 08:05:00 PM by Cjd2524 »

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #116 on: March 21, 2014, 09:32:33 PM »
Okay, I just have a question: Do you have some place you are collecting all of this data you're gathering on the game? Again, knowing all of this stuff is actually pretty interesting (I didn't know Dawn of Norito was always sparkable immediately past the Castle of Dreams/Genmu Castle/whatever the right translation is), but shouldn't it be like... collected somewhere for future reference?

« Reply #117 on: March 21, 2014, 10:16:50 PM »
I have kept a save before the exact moment I sparked every Last Word so I can test sparking, this ensures I can check if Ability, Enemy or Area are related, if they re-spark again I can use an old save and start narrowing elements via elimination process.

The exception was Hakurei Yin-Yang Barrier and Miracle Hakkero, given these were the first two and sparked before any of the real first bosses, I though they were easy to spark and related to Light Element for Reimu and Mystic (Neutral-Magic) for Marisa, also tied to what their starting Last Word will level, however these two are "support" Last Words and could have different sparking conditions than "magical" ones, both are MP related so character's or party's MP could be related.

I didn't spark Dawn of Norito until I reached the pyramid and cleared two of the pink mystery doors, that was because I was using skills all the time, so I could see some players missing this Last Word for a long while if they use Saya for skills, and use Recovery instead of regular attack.

I'll have more time to test Saya's and Yukari's physical Last Words once I finish the game, which is what I want to do primarily.
but shouldn't it be like... collected somewhere for future reference?
Wiki syntax the strongest, specially for boxes, I just can't, Satori's GoS page is kind of a mess.

I am posting here anyways, it's not certain these are the exact conditions, it would be better that someone else confirms this. There was a lot of confusion on the conditions needed for Satori to learn (spark) skills in GoS, Bose was kind of to be blamed for this since the learning system was modified on various occasions which lead to contradictory claims.

« Reply #118 on: April 03, 2014, 08:28:14 AM »
Bumping because the expansion was announced, if anyone is interested:
Code: [Select]
http://wp.gensoukyou.org/genmuex/From the screenshots alone I see two new areas, and Muu is going be playable ? (but I still see the same fixed formation), I wonder what will be of the three exclusive Doppels.

Hopefully Drop rate is revised like it was for GoS (10% is too low), I hate how I keep getting drops of Materials I don't need from Golden Chests at Babel, they should be replaced for weapons like accessories do after obtained, though I would like to be able to re-obtain accessories like in GoS (and recipes), such disappointment on these changes.

I haven't finished the game yet, sigh at Kingaku and Gingaku recipe material, 1% chance over 25% Drop Success.

Instant Death and Sleep Resistance against Muu Monnyan: 1st Battle, Sleep Resistance only for 2nd Battle

Since Acala Sword does Fixed Damage and ignores Evasion I can use it to calculate the (%) of ATK Boosts both in # of Attacks as well as if they're affected by IND (Akyuu's #9 vs Sanae's #8 + 40%).
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 08:43:05 AM by Cjd2524 »