Author Topic: UFO: Nue's midboss drops?  (Read 2640 times)

UFO: Nue's midboss drops?
« on: September 07, 2009, 11:14:10 PM »
What exactly determines what Nue drops as she flies away from the midboss battles on UFO stages 4 and 6?

I think stage 4 Nue drops a bomb if you used a bomb or died against her, and an extra life if you survived without using a bomb (i.e. Spell Card Bonus requirement). Can anyone confirm this?

Stage 6 Nue, however, is a bit more puzzling. Between my runs and replays I've watched, sometimes she drops a ton of point items and a Full Power item, sometimes she just drops a Full Power item, and sometimes she drops just a large power item. What exactly determines this? I've tested out a couple hypotheses of my own and none of them have correctly predicted all her drops.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
Re: UFO: Nue's midboss drops?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 11:16:28 PM »
Full Power if you don't bomb or die.

Large [P] if you bomb or die.

Additionally, a whole load of Point Items if you're at 4.00 Power.

EDIT: Confirming the Stage 4 Nue drops. I ended up quickly skimming over this so I actually missed it  :V
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 11:25:30 PM by BaitySM »
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Drake

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 11:35:27 PM »
Stage Four is an extra Life on capture, a Bomb on noncapture. Same thing, 4.00 Power equals holy shit points.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

ebarrett

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 12:57:02 AM »
Stage Four is an extra Life on capture, a Bomb on noncapture.

The fact that the difference between success and failure is often TWO LIVES annoys me very much. Specially when it's so easy to capture it on normal while hard modo Nue is so cliptastic, at least for me. Then again with so many ragequits before stage 4 I think I can count the number of attempts in one hand....... oh well. UFO hard is an infuriating place.