Author Topic: Reitaisai Philippines 2014  (Read 2534 times)

Kyoren

• Representative of Sacred South Project (PH Doujin Circle)
  • Being the pianist for a Doujin Circle is hard. ;A;
    • Sacred South Project (Work Page)
Reitaisai Philippines 2014
« on: January 12, 2014, 04:19:17 AM »

This is Kyoren~

So~ I've managed to make Cosplay.ph to agree for Reitaisai, but we need proof that the Touhou Fanbase in the PH is at least bigger than 800~

So i need all the help i can get, guys~ spread the news!! :D

« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 10:11:34 AM by Kyoren »
Death itself is merely an illusion. Don't be afraid to die.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Re: Reitaisai Philippines 2014
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 04:29:19 PM »
I've managed to make Cosplay.ph to agree for Reitaisai
Not to burst your excitement, but, this is not at all what this letter says. It says rather that the idea is "possible" but, as he correctly points out, you have a whole lot of logistics to consider first, and not just in terms of numbers of Touhou fans.

I mean it sounds like an exciting idea but I think you might be getting way ahead of yourself here.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 06:18:26 PM »
This is your best bet.

I'm glad this is (going to be) a thing, and kinda sad that it had to happen AFTER I left :derp:

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

SilentYukiro

• Silent Soul of the Electronic Skies
  • Clearly a Satori lover :3
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 11:59:52 AM »
I hope this could be possible (and on a weekend). But meh, even though IT MIGHT HAPPEN, financial factor is a problem _ _|||.

"UNYUUU?"

Music is the essence of my soul.
Planned Fan-game: Touhou: Mad Tengu ~ Hellic Memories

Kyoren

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2014, 12:30:20 PM »
It is possible, but we are all working together as a group... but for now, there's nothing more to say but it is possible.

Zerviscos

• Infinite Bread Chewing Powers! Activate!
  • Om nom nom nom nom nom*
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2014, 03:35:24 PM »
Not to burst your excitement, but, this is not at all what this letter says. It says rather that the idea is "possible" but, as he correctly points out, you have a whole lot of logistics to consider first, and not just in terms of numbers of Touhou fans.

I mean it sounds like an exciting idea but I think you might be getting way ahead of yourself here.
Am-kun, I know what you mean. Considering I've been to a few Reitaisais myself, there's more to the event than just fans gathering together and cosplaying.

Primarily the whole point of the convention was just like to be a Comiket that sells doujin, music, figures, etc. from circles, have various events, and stuff, but to be separated from Comiket as a whole entirely(I mean having it have it's own convention). That's practically why a lot of fans go there, to buy stuff.

I never grew up in PH as a kid, and up to now I still don't know many Touhou fans in it(I don't even know much fans in AU either, until I met some other Strayans here. :V), but there has been some groups that sets up some events regarding it IIRC.
So we don't know how big this convention will be.

Twitter | Steam | Battle.net[Zerviscos#1833]

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2014, 04:14:09 PM »
But! Even though it's going to be a lot of hard work, with set-backs and frustrations along the way, I think it's totally worth putting time and energy into making it a reality.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2014, 12:54:04 AM »
Do you see big enough Touhou followings at other cons like UP AME, Ozinefest, and Cosmania? I've never actually been to one myself.

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

Kyoren

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2014, 08:43:15 AM »
Yes, i've been in a lot of cosplay events since CosMania 2012, seen many touhou cosplayers especially in Ozine.
There are touhou booths in Ozine as well, which we are also doing this year.

Reitaisai can wait, but for now, we're focusing on Touhou Booths.