Author Topic: DDC demo help.  (Read 1397 times)

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
DDC demo help.
« on: July 14, 2013, 08:54:00 AM »
Lately i've been trying to do a decent DDC demo run on normal. After i actually managed to do that and while watching replay i noticed that i was playing it at 75 fps. And no matter what i do it actually stays at 75 fps. Is it normal, or i'm doing something wrong? And is it possible to make it run at 60 fps? I heard you can do "force it run at 60 fps", but i couldn't find it in config.
Sometimes rumors are just... rumors

Re: DDC demo help.
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 02:24:05 PM »
There is no such option.  The vsync patch would probably fix it in the full version if you have the same problem there,   If it's just displaying as 75 at the bottom but running at the same speed as people who play at 60 (have you compared against youtube or something?) then I would just ignore it.  If it's actually running at 75, you could try using cheatengine to slow it down to 0.8x speed, which should effectively make it 60.

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 05:04:32 PM »
Does it happen both Windowed and Fullscreen?

CF7

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 05:15:54 PM »
Does it happen both Windowed and Fullscreen?
Hm... Just tested. It's runs at 75 in fullscreen mode and 60 at windowed mode. Also judging by the speed of bullets it's indeed 75 fps. And it's 60 in windowed mode. Weird.
So, problem solved. Kinda. I guess.

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2013, 05:26:27 PM »
Yeah, so it's vsync broken or something. You should wait for a Vsync Patch for it (if it's still being worked on), so you can play fullscreen (my netbook runs the latter Touhous at 62fps, but it's hardly noticeable so it's no problem, compared to 75fps). Btw, this is kinda basic but do you have your videocard drivers and DX up-to-date?

CF7

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2013, 06:02:51 PM »
Yep. Drivers are up to date.
Also, as weird as it sounds i actually did better at 75 fps.