Author Topic: Nindella's Let's Play Touhou Series - That Cat!  (Read 8316 times)

Nindella

• That cat!
  • Nyaaa...
    • Youtube Page!
Nindella's Let's Play Touhou Series - That Cat!
« on: August 05, 2012, 12:40:10 PM »
Hey everyone!  This thread is for hosting links, announcements and things like that for my Let's Play series I started a while back.   :derp:

I'm Nindella, (or Nindel, which I prefer) and I play Touhou whilst talking alot!  :V

Generally, I plan to Let's Play all of the Touhou games from 6-13 on Normal, then Hard, then Lunatic.  Games like STB, DS, GFW and the fighting games may be done inbetween all of this.
Also, I've barely played any of the extra stages, so I may attempt some blind runs of those.  PC-98 games will probably come a bit later, probably after the main LPs are done.
All of my Normal Let's Plays of the main series will attempt to be walkthroughs for players going for their first 1ccs :3.

I also will upload random Let's Plays of other STGs and the such, like Marine Benefit (currently uploaded a blind run of that on Normal!) as well as random challenges like all the Last Words of  IN (which I plan to do in future, it'll probably be like playing STB or something).

Youtube channel link is here!

Pretty new to commentating, recording and video editing, but I think I'm getting better, so here's the current list of things I've uploaded:

Let's Play Announcements! (erm, actual announcement stuff)
- Announcement 26/08/2012

Let's Play Touhou 6! Embodiment of Scarlet Devil:
Normal: (Walkthroughish)
- Part 1 - And so it begins!
- Part 2 - Deaths!
- Part 3 - And there we go!

Let's Play Touhou 7! Perfect Cherry Blossom:
- Part 1 - A random death, ouch!
- Part 2 - Merlin...!! You and your glitches!
- Part 3 - Whew, with some practice this can be perfect...!

Let's Play Touhou 8! Imperishable Night:
- Part 1 - (In progress).

Let's Play Touhou 11! Subterranean Animism:
- Introducton to Touhou 11.
Lunatic: (Walkthroughish)
- Part 1 - Deaths don't matter to me, just keep going!
- Part 2 - I'm an idiot, but it's alright!
- Part 3 - It's getting hot down here...

Let's Play Touhou *BLIND*! Marine Benefit:
Normal:
- Part 1 - Those legs!
- Part 2 - This game sure has some interesting things!
- Part 3 - Bubbles!
- Part 4 - Ahhh??

Let's Attempt Touhou!
- Touhou 12 Lunatic! - How far can we get...?

Let's Play Touhou, ChuChu Rocket - Komeiji Edition!
- Part 1 - A new adventure begins!
- Part 2 - I'm bad at keeping spoilers...
- Part 3 - Super Chipmunk time!

If you have any suggestions of games, challenges and tips/tricks etc. please post them here and I'll gladly try my best to do them/respond!

I will post updates on this thread, and maybe some voting things here for later when it comes to choosing shottypes etc. for the LPs!

I hope you find these enjoyable and please be gentle...  :blush:
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 12:17:10 PM by Nindella »
Youtube Channel!
Please check it out for Touhou commentaries, LPs, piano transcriptions and more!
My Touhou replays!

Seppo Hovi

Re: Nindella's Let's Play Touhou Series - That Cat!
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 01:09:46 PM »
Imperishable Night Last Words, and a commentary on them.

Nindella

• That cat!
  • Nyaaa...
    • Youtube Page!
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 01:13:17 PM »
Imperishable Night Last Words, and a commentary on them.

Yes, I plan to be doing that some time :derp:

Although I haven't unlocked them all and it appears some require the extra stage to have been played through, so it might be some time till I get to them... unless there's a score.dat lying about somewhere?  :3
Youtube Channel!
Please check it out for Touhou commentaries, LPs, piano transcriptions and more!
My Touhou replays!

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012, 03:12:01 PM »
These are quite good. I must applaud you, Nindel.

I especially like the commentary, it's refreshing to hear a calm voice on a Touhou video for once. *cough*Ace*cough*
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 03:16:02 PM by SirChaotick »

Nindella

• That cat!
  • Nyaaa...
    • Youtube Page!
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2012, 04:13:16 PM »
These are quite good. I must applaud you, Nindel.

I especially like the commentary, it's refreshing to hear a calm voice on a Touhou video for once. *cough*Ace*cough*

I'm glad you liked them!
And thanks for the compliment, I've never been told I have a calm voice before! so that's pretty sweet  :)   I liked Ace's uploads,we all get ragey at Touhou at some point  :derp:
Youtube Channel!
My Touhou replays!

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2012, 05:45:20 PM »
I watched the EoSD ones, they're pretty informative and entertaining.

Spoiler:
I just loved the :
"It's a quite hard attack, so feel free to bomb it"
>Dies one second after.
:V

Keep up with the good work.
Looking forward SA and UFO normal (and possibly "How not to rage at Miko")

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2012, 06:13:32 PM »
These are rather enjoyable.

About UFO: Glad to see I'm not the only one that chokes on Murasa (first ns, last spell) and Shou (first ns, second spell) under pressure. IMO pausing the game will only put you into more pressure, so try playing it without pausing or taking your time during dialogues. Also, about the very last part before S5 Mid Nazrin, you want to take the loop slower than you did, so that those dudes from the right don't wall you.

Nindella

• That cat!
  • Nyaaa...
    • Youtube Page!
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2012, 12:19:36 AM »
I watched the EoSD ones, they're pretty informative and entertaining.

Spoiler:
I just loved the :
"It's a quite hard attack, so feel free to bomb it"
>Dies one second after.
:V

Keep up with the good work.
Looking forward SA and UFO normal (and possibly "How not to rage at Miko")
Thanks, informative and entertaining is what I'm trying to aim for so I'm glad that you found it so!
Regarding what you spoilered, hell I do that way too often, I hope it doesn't become a reoccurring thing when recording.  :V
I'm definitely looking forwards to LPing SA, definitely my favourite game, and when I get to it I'll probably put up a vote over which shottype people would like me to do it with (actually, I might do that for most games!).
I'm less enthused about UFO because I find it terrifying, but that's just a phase which'll pass  :derp:
We'll see how Miko goes, hehe, "How not to rage at Miko" might be a good title for the final stage video...

These are rather enjoyable.

About UFO: Glad to see I'm not the only one that chokes on Murasa (first ns, last spell) and Shou (first ns, second spell) under pressure. IMO pausing the game will only put you into more pressure, so try playing it without pausing or taking your time during dialogues. Also, about the very last part before S5 Mid Nazrin, you want to take the loop slower than you did, so that those dudes from the right don't wall you.

Sweet! 
Yes, I'm finding Murasa's 1st non, and survival tricky as ever, but grinding is helping making them slightly better (still frightening as ever though!), same goes for Shou, although I doubt I'll be able to get down her Curvy things as fast as Murasa's stuff...
Thanks for the tips, I'll definitely be using them, and I always wondered why I died at the part before Nazrin occasionally, I'll try to go slower from now on!
Youtube Channel!
My Touhou replays!

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2012, 05:58:38 AM »
You're a little worse at gameplay than me but you make up for it (more than) with better commentary. Plus, your voice just seems more fit for LPing than my 14 going on 16 to 18 voice. I could honestly watch this all day if there were more videos up (Not trying to rush you if that's what it feels like).
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

Nindella

• That cat!
  • Nyaaa...
    • Youtube Page!
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2012, 02:37:44 AM »
You're a little worse at gameplay than me but you make up for it (more than) with better commentary. Plus, your voice just seems more fit for LPing than my 14 going on 16 to 18 voice. I could honestly watch this all day if there were more videos up (Not trying to rush you if that's what it feels like).
Yes, I think my gameplay gets hit a bit when I commentate live, but I'm getting used to it and I think (with time) it'll get better (hopefully!).
I wish to put alot more videos up too, but all sorts of problems keep getting in my way, hehe, namely fraps lag, family things etc.
I'll hopefully be getting more videos up more frequently in time, though.

Replying to all the replies from the Achievements thread in here so as not to fill up the other thread with myselfness  :derp:  :

About time. Congratulations.
A hard fought victory, one you definitely deserved. Congrats!
7 months? Another fast one, Jesus Christ. Congratulations!
-Oh, and Congratulations, Nindella! Absolutely awesome, well done.
-Congrats to Nindella for your Lunatic clears! Hopefully I'll get there someday.
Congrats Nindella, that's great ! (and incredibly fast, too)
Thanks everyone! Very sorry about the late reply, but I hope you can appreciate my thanks.  Also, good luck crystalgreatswork with your 1ccs too, I'll be waiting for when you get your lunatic clears as well  :3

how the shit do you do this so quick
I grinded and played lots and lots  :V  When I aimed for a clear of a certain difficulty in a game I'd spend solid days focusing on that one goal until I got it, it was a fun and intense experience, as well as very rewarding.

:D Nice job clearing them all. Now set even higher goals for yourself and push it. Also consider trying out non-Touhou shmups if you haven't already.

:D
We've got a speedster on our hands. Congrats Nindel. At this rate, you're sure to go on to greatness right? I agree with Zengeku. Set your sights even higher and go for it. ;)
Thanks!  I'm definitely going to have to crank up the difficulty, I'll be looking to try out some of the games on ultra, and I've really got to get all the game's extra stages cleared too (can't believe I haven't touched many of them yet!).
Haven't really looked into many other non-Touhou shmups that much, but I might have a look in to some of the games I've heard around here, like maybe DonDonpachi, which sounds interesting  :3

Congrats Nidella! It's warms my heart every time I see someone reach that milestone. :D Any plans to do PC-98/the decimal games?
Yes!  And thanks!
I'm definitely looking to do the pc-98 games some time, and I'll be doing the decimal games in semi/full-blind Let's Play runs when I get to them!  :D

I give you my well-deserved congratulations. Another dragon has been put to rest, so to say.

Also, huzzah! More videos!

...also, seven months? Oh dear. I spent around two months at doing all the normal 1cc's, so I'll be unable to resist the urge to do better. Still, that seems unimaginably fast...
It also took me about 2ish months to get all my normal 1ccs (a monthish for my 1st, then the rest of another month to clear all the rest I believe) so it's not impossible!  Well, it definitely isn't, I'm confident you'll be able to get lunatic clears soon by playing hard and looking at replays, LPs, videos and tips (like what I did for some of mine!).
Also, very glad you're looking forwards to more videos, hehe, I'll hopefully be putting alot more up soon (if editing and uploading didn't take so long...!).

Only 45 hours? Auhh, that's nearly Cactu-fast.

Gj
I actually thought it was taking wayy longer than it should've!  :ohdear:
Still, alot harder than any of the other games!  At least, it took about 4-5 times as long as any of my other lunatic clears, or something like that  :blush:.

Whew, that's all the replies I think (I hope I didn't miss any  :wat:)

Please look warmly forwards to more uploads, I'm currently uploading something quite different to my usual Touhou LPs (!!... well, you might be able to guess, hehe) so I'll update this thread when it's finally done processing through youtube!
Also, I'll be uploading my LP of Touhou 7 of Normal, it'll probably come quite a bit later tomorrow though, at the rate things are loading!

*sorry about the wall of text!
Youtube Channel!
My Touhou replays!

Nindella

• That cat!
  • Nyaaa...
    • Youtube Page!
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2012, 12:53:54 AM »
Update!:

Episode 1 of "Let's Play Touhou ChuChu Rocket! - Komeiji Edition" has been uploaded! (Quite earlier on today  :derp:)

The game is also known as "古明地さとりの情操教育 ~ aka that tasofro satori game from c82" 

Also, Let's Play Touhou 7 Normal (walkthroughish) is being uploaded and should be up in a few hours (depending on how long youtube takes to upload!  grr)
Expect about 3-4 parts to it!

I may do another episode of Touhou ChuChu Rocket (Komeiji Edition) sometime tonight or (more probably) early tomorrow, so I'll update this thread again when I start to upload it!

Youtube Channel!
My Touhou replays!

Zil

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2012, 02:08:37 AM »
I'll be looking to try out some of the games on ultra, and I've really got to get all the game's extra stages cleared too (can't believe I haven't touched many of them yet!).
Ultra patches are crummy and ruin everything. If you really want to make the games harder, go 90fps. 8)

And it seems like you should just hold the sign up in front of Koishi for that last stage. It looks like an interesting game. Reminds me of Ricochet Robot, which is one of the best board games ever.

Nindella

• That cat!
  • Nyaaa...
    • Youtube Page!
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2012, 02:58:13 PM »
Update!:

All three parts of "Let's Play Touhou 7 [Normal]" (Walkthroughish) have been uploaded!

If you're having trouble with your first PCB normal 1cc then please check it out!  :3

Additionally, two more episodes of Let's Play Touhou ChuChu Rocket - Komeiji Edition have been uploaded!  (aka "that tasofro satori game from c82")

Let's Play Touhou ChuChu Rocket! - Komeiji Edition: Part 2 - I'm bad at keeping spoilers...
Let's Play Touhou ChuChu Rocket! - Komeiji Edition: Part 3 - Super Chipmunk time!

So please check those out too  :)

Ultra patches are crummy and ruin everything. If you really want to make the games harder, go 90fps. 8)

And it seems like you should just hold the sign up in front of Koishi for that last stage. It looks like an interesting game. Reminds me of Ricochet Robot, which is one of the best board games ever.

Hmm, yes I'll probably try going for some 90fps clears then, never played anything at 90fps before so this should be interesting  :derp:

Youtube Channel!
My Touhou replays!

Zerviscos

• Infinite Bread Chewing Powers! Activate!
  • Om nom nom nom nom nom*
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2012, 03:18:18 PM »
Oh man...brings back memories how I lost to Rumia on easy back then.  :V

Twitter | Steam | Battle.net[Zerviscos#1833]

Cor

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2012, 10:33:39 PM »
Those are rather entertaining to watch. Your voice is so cute.

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2012, 08:36:41 AM »
My vote goes to Hard. Shot type doesn't matter too much, but I'm curious to see Nitori, so I'll vote MarisaC.

Nindella

• That cat!
  • Nyaaa...
    • Youtube Page!
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2012, 01:53:05 PM »
Hey all!  :3

Just uploaded an announcement, details of what's going on are in the video: over here.

For those who'd rather read off here, what's basically happening is that I'm hosting a little voting thing for the next LP which will be on Touhou 11, Subterranean Animism.

Everyone can pick any 1 difficulty (except the ultras), and any 1 shottype, and post it as a reply here, comment on the video, or as a private message either here or on youtube.

After a day or so I'll count up the votes, and whichever difficulty and shottype gets the most votes, I'll do a Let's Play of!

This is mainly to fill up the time in which I'm planning for the Touhou 8 LP, and to get something (hopefully) fun out there, so please make some votes and I'll update within a day or so  :D

Edit: and bleh, I'm so slow, SirChaotick got in a reply before I could make this post! Ahh!
Youtube Channel!
My Touhou replays!

Cor

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2012, 02:02:59 PM »
Lunatic ReimuA.

No, I'm not trying to get something to shamelessly copy, why would you think that? :V

Seppo Hovi

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2012, 02:20:17 PM »
No, I'm not trying to get something to shamelessly copy, why would you think that? :V
http://replays.gensokyou.org/index.php?u=&g=11&p=ReimuA&t=--&d=4&ch=0&order=score&sort=DESC
http://score.royalflare.net/th11/levelchar11.html#L3C0
Oh come on.

-

My vote's on Normal MarisaB, conditions being NDNB. Here's a guide. Excepting 555M+.

Oh

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2012, 04:53:11 PM »
ReimuC Lunatic.
Conditions being bomb everything.

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2012, 05:19:51 PM »
MarisaB(est) Lunatic

Zil

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2012, 06:32:57 PM »
A score run would be fun to watch, so whichever difficulty and character make that most possible.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 04:16:53 AM by Zil »

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2012, 01:25:03 PM »
Marisa B Lunatic.
Switching "shottypes" like a boss if you can.

Nindella

• That cat!
  • Nyaaa...
    • Youtube Page!
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2012, 12:15:17 PM »
An Introduction, as well as a 3 part Let's Play of Touhou 11 Lunatic with MarisaB have been uploaded!  :D

Please check them out  :)

- Introducton to Touhou 11.
- Part 1 - Deaths don't matter to me, just keep going!
- Part 2 - I'm an idiot, but it's alright!
- Part 3 - It's getting hot down here...

As said in the last video, I will be more than happy to do another LP of Touhou 11 with MarisaC on either Hard or Lunatic, if anyone wants, otherwise I'll be focusing on trying to get the Touhou 8 normal LP down!

Edit:  The Touhou 11 Lunatic LP was structured more as a walkthroughish thing than anything else.  So sorry for not using any scoring techniques, but I don't reckon I'm good enough to record myself attempting them yet.   :V
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 12:19:04 PM by Nindella »
Youtube Channel!
My Touhou replays!

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2012, 12:35:22 PM »
The let's plays are actually kinda good. And I kinda envy you skill, I didn't think that anyone can get past Orin on lunatic lol. Congratulations!
Also not trying to rush you but I think it would be really awesome if you did a LP of StB. No rushie.