Author Topic: Kuroko's Basketball Doujinshi banned from C83  (Read 12331 times)

DeltaSierra4

• Behind each smile
  • is ten thousand sorrows
Re: Kuroko's Basketball Doujinshi banned from C83
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2012, 09:52:15 PM »
The copycat cases are the biggest concern to me after they catch this bastard. I'm sure a few people are watching how this plays out and planning how they can do it too to satisfy their personal vendettas. Obvious this is just speculation but maybe the fear of copycats is why we don't know much about this guy.
Huh, I thought that if we just let this guy get it his way then more copycat cases will arise from that. Man, it's really sick to think about the scenario that this incident does give rise to copycats who would start abusing this system.
"Times will bring that up over and over again. It's like I'm dying from my mental hemophilia... Forgetting the past is easier said than done. You know it dies hard, and when it dies, it dies with you."

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2012, 09:54:52 PM »
Personally if this escalates I would not be averse to the idea the congoers taking measures into their own hands.

It has the potential to turn ugly and I don't like that, but it beats having a broken, wretched sadistic wreck of a man and any spineless imitators he might spawn rain on everyone's parade.

I had heard that Japan had some weird issues with attending to mentally disturbed folk but this is absurd.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 10:05:30 PM by Purple-haired Pacifistic Pasuhead »

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2012, 03:38:03 AM »
The way I see it, this case is the wrong choice. The firmer hand the better option, if they run this with as many Kuroko circles in, the psycho will have no choice but to show up at the venue with his whatevers, this will prompt a look out for the police, with that many eyes, he may lack space to maneuver and if he has ever been to one of these events he should know, it is literally chaos outside and inside the halls. At best with whatever methods, security can be tightened 3-fold and patrols on every corner. This way, it shouldn't be hard to spot something amiss especially if they print out what he has posted so far, his descript should provide ample guide as to how he looks like, unless he is a cosplayer... or typically any smart fool who intends to do this will dress up in typical Otaku dregs, then it might be less obvious.

However, once you cave in, the second and third will come. I am hoping based on the dovishness of the typical Japanese grudge-keeper they wouldn't do this like this guy.

(Gizoogle edition))
Da way I peep it, dis case is tha wrong chizzle. Da firma hand tha mo' betta option, if they run dis wit as nuff Kuroko circlez in, tha psycho will have no chizzle but ta sheezy up all up in tha venue wit his whatevers, dis will prompt a look up fo' tha five-o, wit dat nuff eyes, he may lack space ta maneuver n' if he has eva been ta one of these eventz he should know, it aint nuthin but literally chaos outside n' inside tha halls fo' realz. At dopest wit whatever methods, securitizzle can be tightened 3-fold n' patrols on every last muthafuckin corner. This way, it shouldn't be hard ta spot somethang amiss especially if they print up what tha fuck he has posted so far, his fuckin lil' descript should provide ample guide as ta how tha fuck he looks like, unless he be a cold-ass lil cosplaya... and typically any smart-ass fool whoz ass intendz ta do dis will dress up up in typical Otaku dregs, then it might be less obvious.

But fuck dat shizzle yo, tha word on tha street is dat once you cave in, tha second n' third will come. I be hopin based on tha dovishnizz of tha typical Japanese grudge-keeper they wouldn't do dis like dis guy.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 03:44:18 AM by ♛ Siri »
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2012, 07:00:23 AM »
I find it hard to assess how much the crowds at the actual event would interfere with the work of both the threat-letter guy and the police, but in general, I'd also prefer not giving in to demands in a situation such as this, even if I'm just basing that on my own principles.

However, in this particular situation, that wouldn't really help, seeing how the Comiket Committee's decision was also heavily influenced by the fact that TBS would have forced them to cancel the event altogether had the committee ignored the threat letter. In this particular situation, the chance of having success with such outrageous demands was quite high since TBS's priorities lie elsewhere. For the committee, it could be a matter of principles, but for TBS it's mainly an issue of not having parts of the building destroyed or occupied by police or other obstacles because people died there. They have to make sure that one event doesn't interfere with the next one, and I would certainly not blame them for that. Nor would I really blame anyone who doesn't want to put anyone at risk, but I still think that it would be better not to give in to demands.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2012, 05:29:27 PM »
However, in this particular situation, that wouldn't really help, seeing how the Comiket Committee's decision was also heavily influenced by the fact that TBS would have forced them to cancel the event altogether had the committee ignored the threat letter.

This is important to highlight.  There were more than just threats to the artist, and this case has a rather high amount of visibility in Japan right now.