Author Topic: Tales of Vesperia xbo360 availability  (Read 2760 times)

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
Tales of Vesperia xbo360 availability
« on: April 04, 2011, 08:54:29 PM »
So I recently got an xbox360, and am enjoying my copies of mushi and deathsmiles. It recently occured to me "oh snap, I can finally try tales of vesperia too now!" and phoned like 10 local (well, some not so local!) game stores, and despite them advertising dirt cheap prices on their websites (cuz it reached platinum status I guess), nobody has a single copy new or used.

I've had this problem before with many other games, where I get a system too late to be able to obtain a copy of must-have games for it, I DO NOT want to go thru this again!. So I was wondering if there are alternative means. Is the game so successful that you can buy it on xboxlive, do you need a gold account, does anybody know if they are reprinting it?
I'd check xbox live myself (I just got it working recently) but my tv is being used right now and I think I have to leave before I can use it. Craigslist has none up for sale, and while ebay does, I don't want to spend 60 bucks on a used copy without shipping costs. PLUS ebay has a habit of delivering games like 1 year late, WITH an additional 30 bucks duty tagged on. So I'm probably gonna spend over 100 bucks for a 60 buck used copy that comes a year late...yeah, no thanks.

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
Re: Tales of Vesperia xbo360 availability
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 08:57:09 PM »

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 09:01:43 PM »
I believe he is from the Frozen North.

That said, amazon canada has it for like $40 canadian.

Drake

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 10:25:03 PM »
Same same, Amazon is probably the best option if you can't find it locally. That being said, it is out of print currently.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Edible

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 11:57:06 PM »
Actually.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0015HZLVA/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&qid=1301950788&sr=8-1&condition=new

These guys ship to Canada for a few bucks more.  $28-ish US total, looks like?

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 12:01:09 AM »
Thanks, kinda was hoping there was a deal for sale on xbox live or gold or whatever (don't have gold so I can't check it, but I'd get it if it was worth it just for this deal).

I TOTALLY forgot about amazon durka, thanks. Never ordered via amazon before though, guess I'll do that soon, I just hope they let me use fedex and not UPS/USPS

Drake

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2011, 01:31:38 AM »
both are equally completely terrible just fyi

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2011, 04:23:05 AM »
both are equally completely terrible just fyi

Eh, I've had 3 great experiences (out of 3) with FedEx so far. shipping times less than 2 days, all of them over the border, 1 of them wasn't even express, and it took only 2 days to get from California to here.

UPS on the other hand...yeaaahhhhh.. Every time it takes months to get anywhere, even if it's express, and I ALWAYS get charged duty up the yinyang, and while I know duty is theoretically dictated by the border, not the courier, I can't help but wonder if someone is making up the duty costs and pocketing it for themselves. Just recently some mail guy in Vancouver got busted for hoarding mail for example.

Anyway, I ordered it. totals 28 bucks after shipping, didn't give me any options other than standard snailmail. I trust that more than UPS but not having a tracking number is a bummer. Thanks for pointing that one out, honestly when I search Amazon myself, that one isn't listed, the cheapest is 30 bucks, you saved me 10 bucks >=)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 04:28:56 AM by Ghaleon »

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2011, 07:13:38 AM »
Double post cuz.. well, kinda important news for people in the same boat.
But Tales of Vesperia *JUST* became available for purchase on xbox live for 30 bucks, rofflechopper. I already bought the one on amazon so not going to bother now, but when you buy a game on xbox live do you get unlimited downloads if you format your HD or something? or do you have to re-purchase it?

Edible

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2011, 07:16:18 AM »
I'd rather have a disc copy anyway.

PS don't even look at the Vesperia DLC, you'll be physically ill.

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2011, 09:56:18 PM »
Or do it and laugh at anyone that paid for it. Oh, and don't even download the free stuff. Even if you don't use it, it could cause problems later since it could cause save issues if you're on a different console.