Author Topic: The family feeling, the share and care! Households in Touhou  (Read 11993 times)

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
Re: The family feeling, the share and care! Households in Touhou
« Reply #60 on: February 11, 2011, 04:24:46 PM »
"the base of setting and character design"

Isn't that basically the core for the entire IoMioE and the characters aka how she looks like, talks like, acts like, behaves like (traits etc)? How is that canonically questionable?
Technically, any (good, original flavor) fanfic will take the setting and character design from ZUN as well without being canonical, won't it?
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2011, 07:46:06 AM »
"the base of setting and character design"

Isn't that basically the core for the entire IoMioE and the characters aka how she looks like, talks like, acts like, behaves like (traits etc)? How is that canonically questionable?

What Helepolis said.  Canons are fundamentally dictated by the ones who "own" the property in question, in this case, ZUN.  Thus, the usual stance would be that only what he directly writes is canon.  However, if ZUN were to officially acknowledge that Inaba Inaba is indeed part of his official Touhou canon, then that would also be the same thing.

Don't get me wrong, I'm highly open to the idea that Inaba Inaba is indeed canon.  However, as long as there's an iota of a possibility that it's not, I'll be hesitant to accept it as such.  But that's just me, of course. 

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2011, 04:28:23 PM »
I think if ZUN put his OK on a work depicting characters he created saying and doing things, you can safely say that the things they say and do are canon.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2011, 04:34:41 PM »
I think if ZUN put his OK on a work depicting characters he created saying and doing things, you can safely say that the things they say and do are canon.

Expanding upon that, for ZUN to approve something, he would have to stand by absolutely every bit of material in the work. If there were one thing that didn't line up with his canon, then he could not approve it. Using this fact, Inaba is most definitely canonical.
All lies and all sin, all dreams and all majesty, Everything rots in this ruined hell

[The Perfect, Elegant Maid] [Pathos of the Hated People] [Music, Projects, and Art]

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2011, 11:00:06 AM »
Reitaisai contest ended as well but seems like SA has beaten MoF and even here has beaten SDM again.  orz

This picture represents that I guess:

http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/852235/cirno-daiyousei-damaged-dirty-flandre_scarlet-grin (danbooru warning obviously)

Marin The Magus

• The magician of dimensional dreams
  • Energetic Satorin~ Shougorori~
« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2011, 01:48:21 AM »
Reitaisai contest ended as well but seems like SA has beaten MoF and even here has beaten SDM again.  orz

This picture represents that I guess:

http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/852235/cirno-daiyousei-damaged-dirty-flandre_scarlet-grin (danbooru warning obviously)
I never expected less from my fifth grader loli

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #67 on: February 14, 2011, 03:06:41 AM »
So that explains why I've been seeing a lot of really good pictures around lately. Wish I had known more about this.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Halca

• Kawaii Bastard
« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2011, 11:59:53 PM »
I do love Chireiden, but Koumakan seems the nicest simply because the whole family is there to me.  It sounds more stable and sweet I guess XD