Author Topic: Demonbman's Danmakufu Scripts (Danmakufu Dodging Dojo!)  (Read 19098 times)

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
Re: Demonbman's Danmakufu Scripts (More Random Scripts)
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2010, 12:51:10 AM »
Could you post your thoughts on the attacks? I need feedback to get better. Perhaps you could write it all up in a .txt and then link to it? I really appreciate your feedback

Sure. I'll replay 'em after I finish my homework.
BGM: "Comment Posting ~ Be of much patience!"

All scripts: :Vstickman. Also, the boss can be killed way too easily. Try setting the damage rate to like, (5, 5) or something.
Idea 1: Hey, pretty colourful. But what's with that boolean that's being displayed in the middle of the field? Also, big safespot around the boss, like in Satori's BoWaP copy. :V
Idea 2: Oh god, the walls. VoWG flashbacks have resurfaced. Dammit, Bran.
Idea 3: Hm... This needs toning down. But very good concept behind this one nonetheless... Just don't make them heart-shaped and fire trailing danmaku behind them!
Idea 4: Oh, god, this one took me a few tries to get the hang of in Touhou 12 (read: against Byakuren), and it did the same thing here.
.................... I think this one needs improvement.
Idea 5: Hey neat. Streaming rocks. I can't really say anything on this, but it's really colourful.
#6: Hm... this one's sorta simple. Try combining it with something else and it could make a good spell card.
#7: China? Also, the idea behind this one's sorta overused, too. Improve it.
#8: WTF BUTTERFLIES. WHY SO PRETTY?!
#⑨: This one's impossible. It could make a good 2nd Extra card, though.
#10. Border of Wave and Particle, is this? The beginning is really pretty, but it's impossible. Better make it start off with like, the waves spinning faster.
#11: Not much to say about this... But I can imagine a Cyclone-based spellcard with this one.
#12: Error Sign "Inside "script_enemy_main", "{ ... }" cannot be found. -Normal-"
#13. :V big safespot. Is this aimed?
#14. Fuck this, this is impossible, but pretty. :3
#15: OH GOD 30 FPS ON MY COMPUTER!! Are there any gaps in this one? Tone this one down too.
#16: :V Youmu's Last Word. 'Nuff said. Have you been playing too much Touhou recently?
#17: Hm... How'd you get the ring to spin that way? Gotta look into the code.
#18: Hurrrrcannon.
#19: Make this one faster, it's too easy. :3 But it's a really nice pattern anyways...
* Mewkyuu steals #19
#20: No comment. Sorta overused concept of small hitbox, I believe.
#21: :VReisen. Ok, anyways, this is really impossible, tone it down. But it's really pretty.
#22: Make it harder.
Insert more negative comments here

How come only the hard ones are nice-looking?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 01:18:08 AM by みゅう⑨(Mewkyuu) »

« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2010, 12:55:06 AM »
I probably shouldn't say too much, considering I'm a huge 'Makufu novice myself, but here we go.

Some of these patterns are pretty, but also very messy, like 11 and 15. It's hard to tell just why the pattern is mesmerizing, which makes it just seem like you messed around with functions and numbers.

16 and 18 could be really cool Extra stage type spellcards.
Anyway, I'm no Lunatic player, but a lot of these aren't meant to be playable, are they? 5, 7, 8, 14, and 20 would be good patterns if you lightened them up - That is, of course, if you were to implement them into a boss fight or something.

Please, tell me all you want to! Don't feel bad about it! I want to know everyone's thoughts!

Furienify

• Yeehaw!
  • Equestrian Fansubber
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2010, 01:11:27 AM »
Personally, my main thought: where do you come up with this?

I keep beating my head against the wall on how people install Basic Prettiness into their Danmaku scripts. Your Idea scripts, while a lot of them bullshit, pull off the 'pretty' factor really well. I should probably peek at the code and see how you do it.

« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2010, 05:12:33 AM »
Thank You all for your feedback! It is hugely appreciated! I warn you, people *cough*NautBlargelOnthenet*cough* Have said that my code is "Hard to read" due to my "problems" with tabbing, but knock yourselves out!

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2010, 05:44:23 AM »
Oh, and one question...
Did you give up on the spritesheet I gave you some time ago? Did your expectations raise a hell lot again?

« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2010, 05:45:37 AM »
Oh, and one question...
Did you give up on the spritesheet I gave you some time ago? Did your expectations raise a hell lot again?
=3

I lost those

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2010, 05:51:00 AM »
I lost those
:derp:
So..... You're just gonna use an MSPaint stickman as a replacement?

⑨ly!

« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2010, 06:02:11 AM »
Well, I wanted something plain and simple, so lolstickman worked, I didn't want to spend time on something otherwise pointless. These scripts are just ideas, thats why they have such low life, and low quality graphics

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2010, 06:10:27 AM »
Well, I wanted something plain and simple, so lolstickman worked, I didn't want to spend time on something otherwise pointless. These scripts are just ideas, thats why they have such low life, and low quality graphics
Use a circle nine as a graphic next time. :V
And just remove the SetCollisionAs in the idea danmaku :3

Re: Demonbman's Danmakufu Scripts (More Random Ideas)
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2010, 02:47:32 AM »
Well, I've managed to pump out 23 more Ideas for people who have trouble with making patterns. As with my last batch, please, feel free to take any of the scripts and tweak them a bit to see what it does! 25% of the reason I made these is to help those who have trouble with patterns. Although some I made just to look pretty, you can mess with them all you want! And feel free to post any feedback you feel comfortable with~

Mediafire isn't working for me right now so I'll upload as attachment

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot to work on Idea 1 hahahahaha
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 02:54:23 AM by Demonbman »

Re: Demonbman's Danmakufu Scripts (Danmaku Dodging Dojo)
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2010, 04:32:19 PM »
Now that the contest is over, I will be working on my latest project!

as some of you may or may not know, I will be working on a dojo to help people improve their dodging skills. Using This list of suggestions to impliment into the dojo.

As soon as I hear back from this one person I will be able to give a ETA of a Demo, as well as more details, so stay tuned!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 04:33:52 PM by Demonbman »

Kyaksa

• Fred-Erika Bernkastel Mirrors Rika's True Nature: Spoiled child
  • When They Cry: You are probably dead now
Re: Demonbman's Danmakufu Scripts (Danmakufu Dodging Dojo!)
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2010, 05:17:51 PM »
Hi, I'm new to your scripts and just played your Rena challanges...  :derp:

Anyway I like them all except the actaul challanges... which I deem unfair  ::) but when have they ever been fair XD But really... >.< Challanges in Danmuku....? I understand catching flowers and strange things DX but I think challanges are a bit extreme, but do mind me I am made of abesolute fail.

PS: >.< I am a huge when they cry fan, let us unite 8D! Have you played the Higurashi VNs yet? The anime may be awesome but the VN is original, so the original is always better, if you get what I mean XD

« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2010, 05:31:32 PM »
Anyway I like them all except the actaul challanges... which I deem unfair  ::) but when have they ever been fair XD But really... >.< Challanges in Danmuku....? I understand catching flowers and strange things DX but I think challanges are a bit extreme, but do mind me I am made of abesolute fail.

PS: >.< I am a huge when they cry fan, let us unite 8D! Have you played the Higurashi VNs yet? The anime may be awesome but the VN is original, so the original is always better, if you get what I mean XD
Huh, collecting flowers, that would have been a good challenge damnit ><; why couldn't I think of that!

I haven't played the VNs yet, I probably will soon thought!

Kyaksa

• Fred-Erika Bernkastel Mirrors Rika's True Nature: Spoiled child
  • When They Cry: You are probably dead now
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2010, 07:28:19 PM »
I haven't played the VNs yet, I probably will soon thought!

Well, I know where you can download them and with also the Original BGM XD,  ??? They took out the Dear You music DX unforgivable...

btw:

Anyway I like them all except the actaul challanges... which I deem unfair   ::)  but when have they ever been fair XD But really... >.< Challanges in Danmuku....? I understand catching flowers and strange things DX but I think challanges are a bit extreme, but do mind me I am made of abesolute fail.

I meant don't DX argh I overlooked it, sorry---

Naeten Scarlet

• The Vampire that Control Dimensional Borders
  • Mu~ -?^?-
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2010, 04:05:25 PM »
Thanks for your ideas, they help me for making my first spellcard  :*
They are awesome ^^
*Insert signature that shows an awesome shikieiki-sama sign*