Author Topic: Easiest Hard Mode?  (Read 5448 times)

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
Easiest Hard Mode?
« on: November 14, 2009, 09:07:16 PM »
Well, after having 1cc'd pretty much everything except for EoSD on Normal, I've been once again wondering if I should try to move up in difficulty.

That being said, I actually ran through some of the Last Words I had unlocked in Imperishable Night. Captured Yuyuko's within fifty tries, Mystia's was probably within 15. Wriggle wasn't as hard as Yuyuko but Keine was probably the easiest that I tried.

I dunno. If I learned a strategy for Alice's I could probably capture that, too.

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
Re: Easiest Hard Mode?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 09:09:41 PM »
LLS is definitely the easiest Hard mode, but... Why don't you 1cc EoSD on Normal? I mean, if you've 1cc'd SA and UFO on Normal, something's wrong with you if you can't do EoSD <.<;

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 09:12:43 PM »
Alice's Last Word uses the same exact pattern every time and the only thing that could change is which way you decide to stream the aimed shots.

I've only 1cc'd LLS and IN Hard. LLS Hard requires a lot less memorization and practice and is definitely easier. Though IN's Hard was a lot more fun, both 1cc'ing Kaguya and Eirin.

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 09:15:41 PM »
EoSD's Hard mode is pretty tame from what I can remember.  A lot of Sakuya and Remilia's attacks are actually easier than their Normal versions.

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 09:18:10 PM »
PCB Hard is quite manageable.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

Helix ⑨

• No Pain, No Gain
  • No Guts, No Glory
    • my youtube, 95% touhou vids, mainly extras and last words.
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2009, 09:23:06 PM »
EoSD. And as mentioned before about sakuya/remilia being easier than normal. I wouldn't know about Remilia but Sakuya is DEFINTELY easier on hard than normal. Those spellcards where she stops time and spawns a lot of knives are heavily aimed so you just go sideways, only the last one is a bit tricky but IMO still easier on hard.

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2009, 10:17:04 PM »
Personally, I find IN's Hard mode to be the easiest

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2009, 10:30:31 PM »
Oh, I forgot to mention that I haven't played EoSD yet. That's why I hadn't 1cc'd it yet.

Anyhoo, failed 1cc attempt on Hard, Imperishable Night.

Replay
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=5954

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2009, 10:49:58 PM »
I'm just going through all the games on Hard myself.

MoF is the easiest by a long shot IF you play with Reimu-A. She trivializes all the stage portions so all you have to do is bomb on bosses.

After MoF it's definitely IN, then EoSD then PCB. SA and UFO are the hardest ones.

That's not counting PC-98.

edit: let me explain why IN is the second easiest (easiest if you play reimu-b in MoF).
The game itself is harder than EoSD or PCB, but you have spellpractice. I spent about two or three hours going through all of the spellcards in hardmode until i could capture all of them (i still couldn't cap any from st 5 :/). Then i 1cc'd the game on my second try.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 10:51:44 PM by lmagus »
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2009, 11:05:35 PM »
The only reason I haven't 1cc'd MoF Hard with ReimuA or ReimuC is because of Virtue of Wind God. If I could get that far with ReimuB, maybe I'd be able to clear.

Just watched through the IN Hard fail and that's the reason i mainly pick border team as I can't deathbomb worth anything on the others. Though sometimes I don't even get the chance to deathbomb with them. I do switch between Border Team and Netherworld Team on Lunatic though I can't get past stage 4 on any of them.

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2009, 12:21:54 AM »
The only reason I haven't 1cc'd MoF Hard with ReimuA or ReimuC is because of Virtue of Wind God. If I could get that far with ReimuB, maybe I'd be able to clear.

Just watched through the IN Hard fail and that's the reason i mainly pick border team as I can't deathbomb worth anything on the others. Though sometimes I don't even get the chance to deathbomb with them. I do switch between Border Team and Netherworld Team on Lunatic though I can't get past stage 4 on any of them.

That's why my title says I HATE VoWG :D

I spent two months from the first time i reached VoWG until the day I beat the damn game. I had to be good enough to reach stage 6 with FIVE lives to be able to kill Kanako with 0/0 in the end! :(

VoWG is really mean :V
Watch me on Youtube

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2009, 02:55:28 AM »
LLS, then MoF.  Not too sure on the rest, only other one I've tried is UFO which ended on stage 3. :V

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2009, 06:49:06 AM »
Hm. I just tried again with IN, using the Border Team.

I friggen 1cc'd it. First attempt. http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=5962

Formless God

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2009, 06:57:13 AM »
Either IN or MoF Because I 1cc'd both games on Hard :V

Lopsidation

• Exploring the Twin Labyrinths
  • Be light of heart;
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2009, 08:45:19 PM »
EoSD Hard is pretty easy- most of the Normal tactics transfer over, as opposed to the later games where everything is completely different. Of course, if you haven't 1cced EoSD Normal yet, there's something wrong- practice stage 4 a lot and memorize it.
"Happiness is like a cat, If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you; it will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing against your legs and jumping into your lap."

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2009, 09:31:17 PM »
Of course, if you haven't 1cced EoSD Normal yet, there's something wrong- practice stage 4 a lot and memorize it.

Because I haven't played EoSD yet.

Anyway, now that I've successfully 1cc'd IN, what should I try next?
I mean, of anything, there's MoF, PCB, and EoSD that's still possible for me.

flurk

• I'M IN YOUR SHMUP
  • GRAZING YOUR BULLETS.
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2009, 09:43:59 PM »
easiest hard is IN. i can easily do it every time. and i'm not even a trigger happy 1cc-er. i hardly bomb.

ghost team. hang back with yuyuko, slaughter a wave of fairies, then dash forward with youmu to collect points

wash, rinse, gargle, spit, repeat.

"Eh, who needs brains in danmaku? Power, that's all you need!" -Kirisame Marisa

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2009, 09:44:52 PM »
Any of those three are definitely around the same difficulty as IN Hard.
Watch me on Youtube

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2009, 11:10:34 PM »
Lotus Land Story hard mode is probably easiest since it's comparable to most games' Normal modes.

"What do you mean 'stop repeating everything you say'?"