Author Topic: Danmakufu general questions  (Read 1958 times)

Nefer007

• Nefer007, Shinto God of Insects, Doctorate in Referralology
Danmakufu general questions
« on: January 26, 2016, 01:05:22 PM »
Hello. This is NeferNightbug.

I am planning on making a game in Danmakufu for my game design class. I only have one semester of high school.
I have broken off from my group to work on it on my own.

I have some... ideas... for this game, and I need to know if Danmakufu can actually run some of these ideas, because I am not about to code a whole engine.

• Can Danmakufu have objects that physically constrict space, like canyon walls? (Or city walls, or things like that?)
  • Can Danmakufu have stages lacking bosses and midbosses, or bosses lacking spellcards? (The only spellcards I'm planning is for the final boss.)
  • Can Danmakufu manage a circular arena with a static boss, so that when the player moves left or right they circle around the boss?
  • Can Danmakufu use a hit points system? For instance, can a game be made with different types of bullet that deal different amounts of damage (example: a Master Spark dealing four hits, while a mere bullet from a fairy deals only one damage?)
  • Is it possible to run voice recordings in Danmakufu?

Thanks, Nefer
p.s. I wrote a topic similar to this one, but I can't find it. Where did it go?
Looking for Desunoya music! Help me obtain these ill-gotten goods!

Uruwi

• Nightmare of Torrential Precipitation
  • 478 million goober
Re: Danmakufu general questions
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 01:16:55 PM »
At least for ph3: Yes, Yes, Maybe, Maybe, Yes.

One concern about Danmakufu is that it's closed-source, so when a bug pops up or we want a new feature, we have to wait for mkm to release a new version. And mkm hasn't released a new version in a year.

Try asking your questions in the dedicated thread.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]
Avelantis (demo) Easy YuukiB 426,077,200

Nefer007

• Nefer007, Shinto God of Insects, Doctorate in Referralology
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 01:23:55 PM »
Where is this dedicated thread?

Can you tell me please?

Oh, and one more thing: can the player model change between stages? I'm planning for the player to ditch his rocket ship after stage 2, once it runs out of fuel.
Looking for Desunoya music! Help me obtain these ill-gotten goods!

TalosMistake

• Master of Aura and Shade
  • I'm Talos, not Talo~~
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 02:02:26 PM »
here decicated thread : https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,16584.0.html

Oh, and one more thing: can the player model change between stages?

yes it's possible.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 02:57:45 PM »
p.s. I wrote a topic similar to this one, but I can't find it. Where did it go?
I have instructed you multiple times to post your questions in Q&A. You never also bothered further to expand on those given instructions while they were answered

I personally don't understand this stubborn or ignorant behaviour. Especially if you're advised by forum members to post in the Q&A, why do you keep on continuing here?

Locking this thread because links were given and points were made clear. I'll give you the benefit of doubt for the third time.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 04:46:29 PM by Helepolis »