Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV - Patch 2.4: Let it go, let it go ver!  (Read 3983 times)

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
Final Fantasy XIV - Patch 2.4: Let it go, let it go ver!
« on: June 20, 2014, 12:30:15 AM »
I checked, and we don't have a Final Fantasy XIV thread. Let's change that!

2.3 is coming up with Ramuh content, Rogues/Ninjas were announced, and apparently the expansion will bring a new tank and healer class!

Are you stuck on 2.2 content like EXtreme Primals, or maybe the Coils? Let's help each other out!

UPDATE
FFXIV is now version 2.41!

FFXIV now has a free 14-day Trial Period. Limitations include:
Can't PM people
Can't level past 20
But most other features are completely accessible! Come jump in and explore Eorzea for free!

Link for EU
Link for US

What's more, you can now receive a Refer a Friend code. Redeeming the code means you will receive a Friendship Circlet upon buying subscription for 30 days. Once you've been subscribed for 90 days/have 90 days of subscription registered, your referrer will also get the unique Draught Chocobo, a special two-seater mount!

Player List: (User/Character/Server)
Bardiche // Rado Banado // Ultros
Garlyle // Alvis Yune // Adamantoise // Balmung
Lady Phlegethena // Vermachtnis Orcbeard // Sargatanas
Widermelonz // Camellia Nobilissima // Mateus
Ryuu // Lyori Raha // Diabolos
ActionDan // Mori Bito // Gilgamesh
Ayrix // Ayrix Skriya // Cerberus
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 06:35:16 PM by Just »

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
Re: Final Fantasy XIV - Turn 7: Killing statics since 2.2
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 09:31:56 AM »
I'm Alvis Yune on both Adamantoise (my main) and Balmung (which I have barely touched but I'm on there anyway)

Actually taking a bit of a break from the game, probably until 2.3 hits.  I'm cleared up to Titan EX (but after like 10 hours of supposed "clear" groups that couldn't do it I'm kind of sick of it even though I love it) and Turn 5 (which I haven't started learning but should), but I'm at the point where I really do just kinda need a break.

Bardiche

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 01:18:32 PM »
I'm Alvis Yune on both Adamantoise (my main) and Balmung (which I have barely touched but I'm on there anyway)

Actually taking a bit of a break from the game, probably until 2.3 hits.  I'm cleared up to Titan EX (but after like 10 hours of supposed "clear" groups that couldn't do it I'm kind of sick of it even though I love it) and Turn 5 (which I haven't started learning but should), but I'm at the point where I really do just kinda need a break.

Titan EX is easily one of the most satisfying fights to finally beat, but it's such a huge pain in the arse to go through countless DF and PF groups just to find one that has seven other members capable of running out of weights of the land.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 01:31:58 PM »
Titan EX is easily one of the most satisfying fights to finally beat, but it's such a huge pain in the arse to go through countless DF and PF groups just to find one that has seven other members capable of running out of weights of the land.
These days most groups don't even have problem with weights anymore.  It's usually either tanks having horrible timing on tank swaps causing a mountain buster to eat half the entire party at once, or too many people eating bombs during phase 5 (the blast radius on those things is horrifyingly precise) causing a wipe.  The only team I've had successfully make it out the other side of superbombs ended up getting wasted by the hard enrage because two DPS ate it at the start of the phase.

On another note, I do play every role, to varying degrees of proficiency.  I'm an iLvl 93 Monk at the moment as my main, but I'm also 84 White Mage and am nearing level 50 Warrior (and should jump to about iLvl 65-70 from equipment I've been saving up, if not higher).

Bardiche

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2014, 03:08:27 PM »
Shame I'm not on Adamantoise or I'd help out. The tank swaps should occur after the landslide, though; rather, provoke during landslide, Tomahawk/Shield Lob it and then assume the position. If you have a good PLD, you can have them Cover the MT and eat a stack that way, but it's obviously more risky since it relies a bit more on player skill on the PLD's part.

I also play every role. I main BLM because Flare is beautiful, but I also play White Mage, Paladin, Warrior, Scholar and Dragoon. Wish I had a Monk, they seem fun.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2014, 03:16:41 PM »
Shame I'm not on Adamantoise or I'd help out. The tank swaps should occur after the landslide, though; rather, provoke during landslide, Tomahawk/Shield Lob it and then assume the position. If you have a good PLD, you can have them Cover the MT and eat a stack that way, but it's obviously more risky since it relies a bit more on player skill on the PLD's part.
Yeah, unfortunately, I'm not at the point of tanking Titan EX (only about level 47 at the moment) so it doesn't exactly help me to know the ideal timings.

When 2.3 hits though, technically I can skip it - but I'll probably attempt to finish it anyway because I really want to have those i90 primal weapons just for the sake of having them (even though I'll be moving onto getting Levi/Ramuh weapons for actual use)

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
  • Time expired: 121:45
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2014, 10:45:13 PM »
Dunno how I missed this.  But I'm Vermachtnis Orcbeard on Sargatanas.

Has anyone else noticed that the Bomb Dance is the same one from Chen's Gensokyo?  Is that a real dance?

Bardiche

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2014, 01:04:30 AM »
Dunno how I missed this.  But I'm Vermachtnis Orcbeard on Sargatanas.

Has anyone else noticed that the Bomb Dance is the same one from Chen's Gensokyo?  Is that a real dance?

I haven't actually noticed that. Someone in my FC mentioned it's a traditional dance, but I can't find any evidence of that.

EDIT: Updated OP with new relevant info.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 01:07:56 AM by Just »

Widermelonz

• Delicious
  • Yum
I have my character Camellia Nobilissima on Mateus (NA). Started playing back in February, and I remember my server being a ghost town with a server pop. of about 10k-20k, but now it's grown to about 84k.

If we have end up having a good amount of players on one server, I'm willing to start another character on that server with you guys.

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
i also play this

lyori raha on diabolos

hitting 50 was worth it just for the
Spoiler:
hildibrand questline

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
hitting 50 was worth it just for the
Spoiler:
hildibrand questline
best questline in any mmorpg

Bardiche

>Everyone on a different server
Suffering.

I'm happy they finally adjusted Hunts so now people do stuff other than incessantly hunt B-Ranks!

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
  • Time expired: 121:45
I've been playing a Monk recently and it's really fun.  I've been running Brayflox to try and get the Infantry Set, mostly the skirt.  I've managed to pick up the Shirt, Gloves, and Belt.  Also the Archmage Hat, Shoes, and Belt.  Also the Heavy Armor Hat.  Also, fun fact about Monks, they aren't very good tanks and yet I've ended up tanking Aiatar twice because the actual Tank classes was horribad.  And you can't blame the healer cause they kept me alive and I have around 500 less HP.  I get Coms out the ass though when that happens though.

But my last attempt ended with everyone, me included, DCing.  And I couldn't stay on any longer than five minutes so I gave up.

best questline in any mmorpg

Best questline in anything ever.  I can't wait for the next part
Spoiler:
Ultros!  and maybe Typhoon!

Bardiche

I got the entire infantry set trying to get the mage set... never did complete that set. I don't really like MNK though, too much movement involved. I really like playing Black Mage, if only because pushing my DPS as high as I can is exciting. Best so far is 500 DPS on Turn 8. Uncontested lord of DPS. 8D

>Everyone on a different server
Suffering.

Select a server on EU and NA and write them down here in the thread and remake a character :V

Bardiche

Select a server on EU and NA and write them down here in the thread and remake a character :V

It's a better idea to just transfer servers, but that involves leaving behind your static and such. Not exactly desirable if you have a good static!

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
Mori bito // Gilgamesh (home of the gays)

Haven't played in probably 6 to 7 months though.

Don't lynch me.

Widermelonz

• Delicious
  • Yum
Just a heads up, One Year Anniversary Campaign gives free login from August 22 to September 1st. Link.

Jana

• mrgrgr
free login from August 22 to September 1st.

Neat, I was just thinking about checking the game out again but didn't want to buy a month to do so.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
The fourteen hour anniversary stream is on

ps they announced that Triple Triad will be added when the Golden Saucer hits

(also they've got an intern in a cage in the Eorzea Cafe and making him spend all 14 hours Atma hunting oh my god)

Also also, it's free login WEEK.

Ryuu

• time to press r again
speaking of free login week, does anyone have an active guild that's recruiting

'cause i do

on diabolos

an active guild that is recruiting on diabolos

..............hint hint

I'm Ayrix Skriya on Cerberus.
In a very active (like were #1 (now 4th) global ranking) FC

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
We're all over the place >:

In other news though, I decided to get Fisher to 50.  Now for the painful part: pumping my Gathering and Perception via materia and other methods to the point where I can start catching HQ Silver Sovereigns... which will about push me to the point of being able to catch the fish really worth money.

It's just... going to be a very, very long push... @_@

Bardiche

I've been making money by selling armourprisms at 6,000 to 12,000 gil a pop (at a production cost of 1,200 gil), and managed to sell furniture for 800,000 gil overnight.

I could catch fishes to make some money, but this is an easier venture for me and profitable enough. Finding gils is such a hard thing to do when you're starting out, though. Hard to know how to rake in the phat dough. (Hint: It involves roulette, and myth tomes if you're into player markets)

I've been making money by selling armourprisms at 6,000 to 12,000 gil a pop (at a production cost of 1,200 gil), and managed to sell furniture for 800,000 gil overnight.

I could catch fishes to make some money, but this is an easier venture for me and profitable enough. Finding gils is such a hard thing to do when you're starting out, though. Hard to know how to rake in the phat dough. (Hint: It involves roulette, and myth tomes if you're into player markets)
starting was easy,  had so much gil I couldn't spend it. hint: grab every crafting class ASAP and do first 2 quest for tons of free shards. It's several million gils worth, for no effort.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
Unfortunately if you do that, you'll be spending assloads on shards (or a lot of gathering time) if you ever do decide to a crafter

Also if you can make glamour prisms they are worth way more than Fishing.  They're so good it's almost kind of stupid because there is a perpetual market for them.

Oh well, I've started my Pan-Fried Mahi Mahi racket. 5-6k for a NQ, 12k+ for an HQ, and I fish up the Mahi-Mahi used for it anyway while fishing for my Silver Sovereigns.  (And NQ sovereigns are at least worth like half a point of desynthesis still on success, hell yeah)

Ryuu

• time to press r again
Re: Final Fantasy XIV - Now with free 14-day Trial and Refer-a-Friend schemes!
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2014, 10:58:33 PM »
can we revive this thread to talk about how cute the halloween clothes are

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2014, 01:48:21 AM »
They are so cute.

Also 2.4 in a week

and the first expansion in like ~6-8 months

and dark knights and ishgard and ahhHHHHH

Sahgren

« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2014, 10:45:32 PM »
More info on the Dark Knight class just released. Looks like they'll be a no-shield magic-tank class, kinda like the World of Warcraft Deathknight, but doesn't require a base class. It's really tempting me into playing the game again when Heavensward gets released just to try them out.

Bardiche

« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2014, 02:13:34 AM »
They'll also be releasing a gun-wielding healer, apparently, with the hint being a 007 t-shirt!