Author Topic: Digimon Adventure Sequel  (Read 3204 times)

Drake

Re: Digimon Adventure Sequel
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 10:39:59 PM »
Yeah, I am super hype for this. I really wonder how the writing will go after so many years of different series and changing it up so often.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 11:12:21 PM »
I wonder how this will work with the canon of the movies, since this seems to take place in high school

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 03:16:53 AM »
At first I thought that it was gonna be an interquel between Adventure and 02 but the end of the eng trailer says that he'd be 17, so that's 3 years after 02
OH BOY OH BOY

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2014, 06:27:41 AM »
Wait wait, a SEQUEL to the ORIGINAL ADVENTURE SERIES??? Holy shit! I haven't been following Digimon since its fourth series, because even if Tamers was good, for me, Digimon was all about the first two Adventure series and the others just didn't feel "right". I'm so glad they are bringing the old characters back, even if not for a whole series, just some extra!

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2014, 05:35:24 PM »
I wonder how this will work with the canon of the movies, since this seems to take place in high school

I've also been wondering about that, seeing how everyone in the world is supposed to have Digimon following season two.

That being said, someone pat the egg, progress has slowed down considerably.

Drake

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2014, 11:28:36 PM »
You can delete the digimon-adventure.net/nade2 cookie and immediately pat again.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2014, 12:14:29 AM »
After Xros Wars, I thought the original digimon series was dead, I'm so glad I was wrong.

Part of me wants them to make this season a bit, uh... "more mature" I guess, especially when you consider that Taichi is 17 now (which brings him pretty close to adult life) and pretty much everyone who watched the original adventure series is already either an adult or pretty close to it, so a more mature take just seems like a logical conclusion to be.

Another part of me just wants the love of the original seasons back though, and maturity be damned - I wanna relive a bit of my childhood.

Either way, my expectations are set extremely high for this and I'm hype as all heck.

(Especially when you consider that the last Digimon game we got on the west was, afaik, Digimon World Dawn/Dusk and that was what, 2007?)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 12:16:09 AM by Silver Sacchi »

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2014, 11:04:38 PM »
I could only ever get invested in the first four series (I gave Savers a try and then just lost interest after about 12 episodes, and haven't touched any since then) but I am tentatively interested in this.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2014, 09:30:17 PM »
Digimon has been trying to make things more mature for a while. See: Tamers; or Saver's attempts to appeal to an older audience by having... well... older characters. Or the entire of Xros Wars [Not Young Hunters; we DO NOT SPEAK OF YOUNG HUNTERS] being well... a WAR.

Hell; one only needs to look at how much fanservice they put in places towards the end of Xros Wars and... that which shall not be named to see that... I'm looking at you Mervamon. Let alone things like what happened to Jeri in the D-Reaper Arc.

The demographic for the series has always been aimed slightly higher than Pokemon. Even Adventure dealt with some heavy issues: See; the effects of Angemon's death; even if he was reborn; on TK [Which last into 02!]. Heck; the entire cast actually died against Apokarimon.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 09:32:30 PM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.