Author Topic: Q: Mystical Power Plant lag fix and can't run The Last Comer  (Read 2947 times)

LunarWingCloud

• Private Square
  • ♪ Present World Overhaul ♪
Q: Mystical Power Plant lag fix and can't run The Last Comer
« on: April 18, 2014, 07:53:23 AM »
I didn't want to necrobump the other threads and I have 2 different questions so I thought I may as well ask them here.

1. How do you get Mystical Power Plant to NOT lag terribly? I keep fiddling with every option I can and it has a hard time staying at 50 FPS, let alone 60. I'm not terribly saddened if it get can't reach perfect 60, but it tends to slow down to mid-30s a lot more than I'd like it to. It definitely isn't my computer, either, it can run all the official games just fine.

2. How do you get The Last Comer download to work? :V I downloaded it and the music and stuff from the official site and moved everything, but I noticed when attempting to extract that 7zip seems to be unable to proceed with the extracting once it gets to a specific text file. I wanna play The Last Comer because despite the lag, I very much enjoyed MPP, and since TLC came before it and was made by the same, I wanted to experience that too. Also when I tried to run it and I had extracted and put everything (including Danmakufu which I had to download separately) into the same place, it wouldn't start up at all.

Here's a screencap of where 7zip just decides that it doesn't feel like continuing (and just gets stuck):

PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE LEFTMOST TAB~

Also you may notice I get _many_ errors during the extraction process. And I'm downloading it directly from the website too. :/
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 09:05:34 AM by LunarWingCloud »
I play Touhou on Twitch and YouTube. I'm not that good, but I'm informative when I can be. Follow me.

Re: Q: Mystical Power Plant lag fix and can't run The Last Comer
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 12:50:00 PM »
MPP is a really resource-consuming game, there is not much to do about it. The only real options are to use 1/3 frame drawing using config.exe and change effects mode in options to 4.

About TLC - if it's really from official website, why its name is weird? It's supposed to be just TLC.zip IIRC.
Would be glad to get help with Touhou Doumeiju ~ Mystical Power Plant Translation Project spellcard comments' translation.

LunarWingCloud

• Private Square
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 12:08:01 AM »
No the folder is called TLC(b4).zip. I even downloaded it a second time to be sure.

Regardless, 2 things happen:
-If I try to extract it it gets stuck at that point and doesn't fully extract. Everything else gets extracted but it must be missing several files.
-If I try to use what was extracted and put in the music in its proper folder and the Danmakufu files all together, it tries to start Danmakufu but then fails miserably and says there's a problem with it.

Or, there was. Now while the danmakufu program is in the TLC folder, if I load the program it doesn't read that the game scripts are in the same folder...

I just can't seem to figure this one out...
I play Touhou on Twitch and YouTube. I'm not that good, but I'm informative when I can be. Follow me.

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2014, 12:25:27 AM »
Hm, try this link to download TLC and see if it works - here. And don't forget that you need to use Danmakufu 0.12, not ph3 one, you can get it from here.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 01:09:26 AM by Necrotek »
Would be glad to get help with Touhou Doumeiju ~ Mystical Power Plant Translation Project spellcard comments' translation.

LunarWingCloud

• Private Square
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2014, 01:24:18 AM »
I probably should have mentioned I was indeed using the 0.12 version. I'll see if your download link works for me.

LunarWingCloud

• Private Square
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2014, 02:32:12 AM »
Annnnd it works! Well at least, the game booted up. :P If anything happens I'll post back here, but other than the desire to make MPP run at a better FPS (and I don't want to set the Effect Cut to 4 since that removes background altogether, which I don't want, and I've had it set to 3), my major issue is resolved. Thanks ^^

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2014, 06:32:02 PM »
I have the same problem with that before and sadly it costs me a lot of data.  :( I have to find another website that has a software until I found this post yesterday. I downloaded from a link and it work.  Anyway, thank you.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 02:18:06 AM by Shimatora »