Author Topic: So I tried to 1CC one of these  (Read 2337 times)

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
So I tried to 1CC one of these
« on: September 22, 2009, 11:22:13 PM »
Most specificly IN and I think I need some help badly...

Me failing

Thats my Replay other than a Stupid death or two I recall I need to know what else i'm doing wrong in my attempts to 1CC this.

So far that was the best run...

ghost333

• A retired Lunatic
Re: So I tried to 1CC one of these
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 09:01:39 AM »
some notes and advice:

1.Playing with 7 lives is not a 1cc ...really.
it is ok for 1st time and practice runs but thats all.

2.You dont need to be MAX power in order to gather all the items on stage just go up (border line as it is called) and press shift this will make all items to come to u.

3.You rely basically on bombs try to improve your dodge skill a bit. Reaching stage 4 without bombs should be a nice target for starters.

4.If you are going to bomb u want to get the most of it there are 2bombs for each team
one focused (pressing down shift button) and one unfocused.Try to unfocus before using one to get more damage.There were a lot of attacks where u could have just ended it with 1 bomb only.

5. Stage 5  this seems hard the first time u played but this stage is very easy it is just a matter of memorization.Learn where the enemies appear.

6.You play a lot focused , i know that u fell more comfortable seeing your hitbox and moving slowly but at some parts of the game it easier to play unfocused ,also while unfocused  u can kill familiars (taht hex like things that comes out of enemies)  which make a lot of the game parts more easy.

7.Yosline's tutorial is a nice place to start: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0mFyMVDc7M
(the rest of the parts should be on info)

8.Also keep in mind that some bullets also have smaller hitbox from their sprite(what they appear to be) take a look here , this big bullets dont kill u on white area : http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=4976
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 09:22:43 AM by ghost333 »

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 11:09:48 AM »
    I haven't watched it but I can give you some advice.  Apologies in advance if I repeat what someone else said:

• Deathbombing is much more feasible in IN than it is in other games, especially with the Border Team.  However, try to use normal bombs if you can, since a deathbomb will consume two Bombs.  Their only real advantage is far higher damage output than their standard counterparts.  Yukari can't really use it well, though, due to her small AoE.
    • Quite a few of Stage 5's bullets are delay-aimed, though they aren't too densely packed.  Netherworld Team might be a good choice for this stage, since you want to be focused to get through small gaps, and Yuyuko is the sole wide area hit youkai.
  • Stage 5 is basically one huge memorization-fest, mostly because of Reisen.

Fakeedit:  Here's some actual strategems for cards, from watching at one-third speed (~20 FPS)

First off, what the heck are you doing, playing at twice normal speed?  I'm seeing you at 108-112 FPS.   58-60 is normal speed.

Focus at the PoC to collect items.  If you're playing as Magic Team, you'll autocollect no matter what.

Unlike EoSD, IN's bullets are all smaller than they look.  Try to get a feel for your graze radius, so you can gather those Time orbs more efficiently.

Moving upward through a gap is far better than moving downward and possibly getting walled.

On a similar note, don't try to stay in a corner.  Not only is it counterproductive to your objective to defeat the boss as quickly as possible, Reimu does pitiful damage with only the ofuda.

You should play Easy mode for a bit - all the enemy spawn positions are the same, you can still unlock Extra, and the requirements for Time are a lot less stricter.

You don't need to swing quite so wide when dodging bullets.  Large bubbles only have a hitbox as large as the colored portion - the white section is more-or-less safe.

Try to stay in front of the boss as much as possible - if you count MAlice Cannon, Border Team is the weakest team, and while Ran is an effective damage dealer, you deal far more with your needles.

Reimu vs. bosses is asking for trouble.  By herself, she is forced to time out some cards.

You should look a bit ahead when searching for holes - on Three Sacred Treasures - Orb, for example, the last wave you had to bomb on had a hole you could probably fit the entire sprite in.  Also, hiding in a corner like that is a good way to die.

Learn your hitboxes in both forms - it's good practice.  Reimu's is located right on the bow.

Marisa is someone you definitely want to be focused all the time on.  She's hard regardless of difficulty.

Fantasy Orb is a much better card to use, damage-wise - Quad Barrier only damages on the border itself.

The bottom's a nice idea during Stardust Reverie - Border Team can just evade the stars and familiars down there.

Bomb or hold your ground when two faeries with two layers of familiars appear in Stage 4.  Only the red bullets are aimed - misdirect them and evade the blue ones.  Two pairs in that stage drop Bombs.  Bombs also activate auto-collect.

Unless you're in front of the boss, it's a bad idea to focus/unfocus, as Ran needs a target in a small cone in front of her to actually home in.

Move a bit higher up during Earth Light Ray - due to the spread motion of the aimed stars, you actually have much less space to work with at your current spot.  Remember that the star rings she throws out are aimed to miss.

Don't waste bombs so needlessly - while it's a good habit to bomb when you think you're going to get hit, you should spend a split-second to figure whether or not you actually need it.

Try not to go unfocused at all against Tewi.  Red familiars will kill any human (not named Reimu), soak up damage from humans, and those in particular are completely useless against youkai.

Your skill at times seems to be a bit erratic.  Early on, you skillfully dodge between two fast-moving darts, yet in Stage 5, you're afraid to jump into the fire.  Look for holes in the bullet formations, and take advantage of them so you don't have to waste a bomb just getting in range.

During Red Eyes Hypnosis, you can get in a better position in that pocket higher up.  You'll have to deal with a couple of bullets streaking down the center, but it's relatively peaceful inside, and the pocket lasts until the next warp.

Unfocused is a bad idea during Visionary Tuning.  Movement is a lot jerkier.

Slightly larger movements than what you were doing at the end are key during the noncard right after.

Move back to the center of the screen during Idling Wave.  Directly left or right from dead center are good places to camp out.

Close in is the best way to deal with Invisible Full Moon.  There, you just have to watch the orientation of the bullet lines closest to you.

For the love of god, don't swing around wildly when there are no enemies around.  If the next batch of enemies shoot out aimed bullets, you just made the entire area into a deathzone.

Stay far away from the PoC during Stage 6.  You're just asking for an enemy to spawn and shoot your face off.

Eirin's midboss noncard has different behaviors depending on whether the character is currently a human or youkai.  Take some heat off by going unfocused for a second.

Stay inside the circle during Earth in a Pot.

How the heck did you miss the lasers in Memories of a Legendary Age?  Bullets are aimed.

Try not to move so far during Game of Life.  Small movements will do just as well.

I'm not even going to try to comment on the next noncard.

Stay close to the familiar during Omoikane's Brain.  Sure, it's a lot less room to dodge, but the range moves a bit slower than it does as far as you were.

I'm not too surprised at your death at Apollo 13 - that's an annoying card regardless of difficulty.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 09:06:39 PM by I.P.D. »
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 08:19:56 PM »
Ok Well heres a response to many of those comments

IN felt like running at ridiculous speed last night and by the time I realized that and the fact I had 7 lives I didn't feel like starting over. (Part way through stage 3)

As for auto collect I was unaware thats how it works in IN.

Also last night I noticed that IN had much smaller bullets in when I was fighting Marisa.

Quad Barrier was used so much because I realized I was going to die and using to bombs wasnt a nice thought to me. I do need to work on releasing Shift before bombing though.

The stage 4 and 5 stuff will be A big help

Also on Earth in a Pot that was just a huge mistake I made...

I missed the Memories of a Legendary Age lasers due to me looking at the card name...