Author Topic: Mino's Challenges - Round 1  (Read 14194 times)

Re: Mino's Challenges - Round 1
« Reply #60 on: July 15, 2013, 06:25:55 PM »
UFO - Survival 2 - Normal - SanaeB
Lyv - 184,291,800 - C - Replay - 1

Stockpiling bombs was quite fun. I still don't like this game, though.

PCB - Scoring 1 - Hard
Lyv - 681,169,600 - C - Replay

Maybe 800M is possible with less outrageous fail. Anything beyond that is deep magic.

PCB - Scoring 1 - Hard
Lyv - 762,573,730 - C - Replay
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 09:28:28 PM by Reiko »

« Reply #61 on: July 17, 2013, 01:13:52 AM »
PCB - Survival 2 - Normal - SakuyaB
Limi - 688,739,830 - 6 - Replay - 1

Got to Repository of Hirokawa (augh), so I just decided to get the 1cc and 2lc. I captured both of her last spells, so I COULD have cleared (properly), but apparently Yuyuko didn't want me to. :derp:
Also used playing as Sakuya as an excuse to have fun with Merlin, but looks like she was the one having fun with me, heh.

Btw, if you use the number of remaining bombs as a tiebreaker, will you add 2 for Marisa and 1 for Reimu? Seems a bit unfair to those shottypes otherwise.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 06:39:34 PM by Limian »
Lunatic 1ccs: MoF (ReimuB)

« Reply #62 on: July 17, 2013, 08:30:02 PM »
Btw, if you use the number of remaining bombs as a tiebreaker, will you add 2 for Marisa and 1 for Reimu? Seems a bit unfair to those shottypes otherwise.
It would be even more unfair for Sakuya.  You can only hold 8 bombs, so odds are she would be missing out on a few of her bombs by getting extends when she already has max lives/bomb stock.  If you added 2 to Marisa, she'd be able to use 2-3 bombs on Yuyuko (1400 extend would put you back to 6 if you used one before reaching it) and still be ranked equally with a Sakuya who NMNB'd.  Moreso, the Sakuya player has to deal with both the fact that her shot is weaker than ReimuB's or MarisaA's, plus the extra pressure of knowing he has to do a perfect Yuyuko with her to match any Marisa players, lest she finish with 7 bombs and not get a handicap to compensate her.  Overall, handicaps are a bad idea.  If you think that Sakuya has an advantage, then go for it.  Many others will find that ReimuB and MarisaA (or whatever their most comfortable character is) are better choices even with fewer starting bombs since their power (or homing with ReimuA) helps them not need as many bombs in the first place.  MarisaB is a silly choice and I'm not sure why anyone would go for her (weak as hell, her shot doesn't do anything special, poor cherry gain, MarisaA outshines her in every way possible) but uh... Well like I said I'm not sure why anyone would go for her unless they REALLY REALLY like lasermari.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 08:33:35 PM by ♥♥♥東方Hugger♥♥♥ »

« Reply #63 on: July 19, 2013, 01:57:26 AM »
PCB - Scoring 1 - Normal
Waah - 1,718,028,960 - C - Replay

I just happened to be scoring with her! Coincidence.

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #64 on: July 20, 2013, 03:54:48 AM »
PCB - Scoring 1 - Easy
Karisa - 1,254,595,170 - C - 0.139% - Replay

I hope I didn't detract too much attention from this with my own challenge thread...

Mino ☆

• PCB player.
  • Touhou Hobbyist
« Reply #65 on: July 20, 2013, 04:06:07 AM »
I hope I didn't detract too much attention from this with my own challenge thread...

Nah, no worries, there were already a lot of entrees before your challenge thread started.

Also, only one more day left for submissions. Jul 21 will be the deadline as well as the start of Round 2. (hopefully)

Darkness1

• Nothing to see here.
  • Enigmatic, isn't it?
« Reply #66 on: July 20, 2013, 04:01:56 PM »
Thought this seemed like fun so I tried to do something with these.
Normal mode, because I am too bad to go with the higher ones currently.

PCB - Survival 2 - Normal - ReimuA
Darkness - 136614140 - 5 - Replay - 0
Died at Youmu's second nonspell, stage 5. Had some close calls in stage 4 which became deathboms at the prismriver sisters.

UFO - Survival 1 - Normal - ReimuB
Darkness - 203012260 - C - Replay - 4
Second try, mostly due to me getting destroyed at stage 5 in my first one.

UFO - Survival 2 - Normal - SanaeA
Darkness - 156788020 - C - Replay - 3
For some reason, I played really badly this run, even if it felt alot easier than the Survival 1 challenge.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 06:24:50 PM by Darkness1 »

« Reply #67 on: July 20, 2013, 06:12:39 PM »
UFO - Survival #1 - Lunatic - ReimuA
Tsym - 213,724,100 - 6 - Replay - 0

I haven't seen anyone clear this on Lunatic yet, so I put in a few credits myself despite not actually having cleared this one No Bombs before. Got to Cloudy Way in Purple before I crashed and burned. Not even close to a clear... Oh well. I think this is as far as I can get despite making my fair share of mistakes during this run. When I think back, it actually seems like a pretty face palm replay. I'm actually surprised I got that far despite dying so much on stage 3. Highlights I guess include perfect Kogasa and Ichirin, a 1 miss Murasa (stupid death to her penultimate card), and a Greatest Treasure capture. Face palm moments include: My UFO route. The stages were an absolute trainwreck. Dunno when I'll return to this and actually get the no bombs clear.

Karisa

• Extend!
« Reply #68 on: July 20, 2013, 06:14:51 PM »
@Darkness1: I'm guessing this is your first time submitting any replays here? If you clear the game, it's "C", not "6". And don't forget to include a name to identify yourself in the results-- it doesn't need to be the same as your display name or nickname, but it should be consistent. Look at the way the other submissions are formatted.

Darkness1

• Nothing to see here.
  • Enigmatic, isn't it?
« Reply #69 on: July 20, 2013, 06:26:51 PM »
@Darkness1: I'm guessing this is your first time submitting any replays here? If you clear the game, it's "C", not "6". And don't forget to include a name to identify yourself in the results-- it doesn't need to be the same as your display name or nickname, but it should be consistent. Look at the way the other submissions are formatted.
Yes, it is my first time :<
But well, changed the results text for the better (hopefully).

Mino ☆

• PCB player.
  • Touhou Hobbyist
« Reply #70 on: July 21, 2013, 12:01:52 AM »
As a reminder. Today is the last day to submit stuff. I'm going to start tallying up the scores now!

We had a LOT of submissions, and I'm truly grateful to all the wonderful people who participated. You really know how to make someone happy. :3

I can't wait for Round 2. I hope it's improvements will turn out to be okay.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 12:03:53 AM by Minogame »

Mino ☆

• PCB player.
  • Touhou Hobbyist
« Reply #71 on: July 21, 2013, 01:13:38 AM »
Okay, I've added in current rankings.

I'll add the replays to them later.

Let me know if there's a mistake, or if your entree was not included.

There's still time for last minute entrees, but I wanted to post the ranks so people could view them before the deadline.

EDIT: Okay, the replays have been added. Again, there's a lot of entries and a lot to keep track of, so if you notice that I messed up anything, please let me know.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 07:55:54 PM by Minogame »

« Reply #72 on: July 21, 2013, 06:11:26 PM »
For the record, I actually tried quite a bit to beat Zil. I know beating him is within my capabilites (got to Ran with a higher PIV several times). I just never managed to finish a good run :|

Karisa

• Extend!
« Reply #73 on: July 21, 2013, 07:14:48 PM »
It seems there are plenty of redundant lines (e.g. "PCB - Scoring 1 - Easy") in the first post... why not remove them? It takes up a lot of space in its current state.

For the categories with variation in shot type, you could move the shot type to somewhere in the second line (as I did in the rankings in my own thread).

(On a side note, just so you know, it's "entries", not "entrees"; an "entree" is part of a meal)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 07:16:29 PM by Karisa »

Mino ☆

• PCB player.
  • Touhou Hobbyist
« Reply #74 on: July 21, 2013, 07:57:04 PM »
It seems there are plenty of redundant lines (e.g. "PCB - Scoring 1 - Easy") in the first post... why not remove them? It takes up a lot of space in its current state.

Okay, I'll work on that later.

(On a side note, just so you know, it's "entries", not "entrees"; an "entree" is part of a meal)

Haha, yeah, I just realized I typed that. Silly typos. Fixed.

redlakitu

« Reply #75 on: July 21, 2013, 08:03:14 PM »
On a side side note, "entree" might also mean "entrance". And I'm having a feeling of deja vu right now!

Also, @Minogame: it was my intention to participate in your contest as well, but eventually never managed to pull off that PCB Normal No Death clear I was hoping for. Wish me better luck with EoSD MarisaA, I guess.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 08:12:59 PM by navpirx »