Author Topic: Any Auto-Deathbombing Software Out There?  (Read 3743 times)

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
Any Auto-Deathbombing Software Out There?
« on: July 01, 2013, 09:44:35 PM »
Move thread as necessary.

Is(/Are) there any software(s)/patch(es) out there that auto-bombs when you die?

I don't care about scores. I just want to go through the games without continuing.
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

Seppo Hovi

Re: Any Auto-Deathbombing Software Out There?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 10:12:57 PM »
The Ultra patches tend to do that.

Other patches, however, I've never heard of.

Automatic deathbombs outside Ultra usually should be counted as cheating.

Failure McFailFace

• Impor
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 10:29:48 PM »
I don't mind cheating.

I just want to get to the end of the games. That's it.
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 10:31:56 PM »
EthanSilver has made some patches for that:

http://diceroller.site40.net/

I haven't used them, but by how they work I assume any replay made with it would desync on a normal game as no bomb input is used and the game deathbombs by itself.

Seppo Hovi

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2013, 10:34:43 PM »
The community seems to mind cheating. ZUN doesn't want cheaters to reach the endings, he's even stated that he hopes people not to spoiler the endings for those who haven't seen them ingame. Although some people have uploaded them online.

Clearing a Touhou game without continues (on Normal) isn't that hard, and it shouldn't take much of commitment or time. And if you're not interested in giving a game those two, why on earth do you want to get to the end anyway?

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2013, 10:40:38 PM »
I don't mind cheating.

I just want to get to the end of the games. That's it.

theres an easy mode thank me later

and practice mode

and continues
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 11:53:53 PM by DATAMOSHLOLIRAVE »

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2013, 10:41:17 PM »
Dude, you sound like the impatient type. Let me just tell you that 1ccing the games takes time and patience. By looking for these patches, you are basically saying you are will to cheat in a game that actually requires some amount of skill from you. My suggestion is that if you'll not too great at shmups, start on Easy and move up from there. Practice. You'll get the hang of deathbombing over time. Take it from the people like Vee and I who actually got through these games the good old-fashioned way.
Of course, if you don't want to actually take the time to play these games the way they're meant to be played, then that's your decision.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2013, 10:44:10 PM »
It's simply because he wants to. There's nothing wrong with cheating for personal satisfaction, the problem's when you try to pass such cheats as legal and take competitive advantage over others who did it legitimately. I myself had used infinite lives on Extra previously to get to play the latter patterns, and used slowdown on Spellcard 222 to learn the pattern faster and more pleasantly, making it faster and faster until eventually doing it at normal speed. There's nothing wrong in cheating that way.

Plus, he just asked for the software, not for our values when it comes to cheating.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 10:48:10 PM by Wriggle »

yorgje

• I couldn't resist being a dumbass!
    • STGrillz: Touhou streams etc.
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2013, 11:00:06 PM »
I think it is pretty generally agreed that at their core shmups are a challenge to the shmupper. What some don't realize is that the challenge is not to 1cc the game or to get a good score. No, those are but the end result; they are the payment for the job, so to speak. The challenge is to learn the game's nuances, it is to spend those longer hours restarting stage 2, it is to come back from the discouragement of having to throw out a run at the final stage. The challenge is to bear the crushing weight of failure for as long as one possibly can. The challenge is, in a word, to endure.

Drake

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2013, 11:25:22 PM »
yorgje get out

Ok I don't really care if you want to reach the end of the game with no continues by cheating and I can just give you a free win method if you want. No problem.

i'm just really confused as to why you'd want to in the first place
do you want to see the endings or to unlock extra? because i could just give you the text for the endings or give you a score file with it unlocked if either of those are the case
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 06:34:27 AM by Drake »

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2013, 11:58:00 AM »
I think it is pretty generally agreed that at their core shmups are a challenge to the shmupper. What some don't realize is etc.
And here I thought people played these games for different reasons, with different goals in mind.

I don't remember previously anyone getting lectured for straight-up admitting to cheating/wanting to cheat for whatever reason.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Failure McFailFace

• Impor
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2013, 12:12:24 PM »
Anyway, I don't mind the scores.

If I do want the scores, then I could just delete my score.dat file and name the autobomb scores "Autobomb," and the non-autobomb "Legit." The software that I got shares the score.dat with the non-patched version.

Arcorann

• hey catgirl
  • Surprisingly unkempt
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2013, 01:28:45 PM »
Did you know that the site with the ultra patches also gives you ways to cheat at Touhou? I'll leave it to you to work out what to download.

Drake

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2013, 12:09:32 AM »
And here I thought people played these games for different reasons, with different goals in mind.
He just copypasted a blurb from an essay that a certain notable crazy very-monotropic autistic dude wrote after he counterstopped Mushihimesama Futari Ultra.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2013, 12:21:25 AM »
I think it is pretty generally agreed that at their core shmups are a challenge to the shmupper. What some don't realize is that the challenge is not to 1cc the game or to get a good score. No, those are but the end result; they are the payment for the job, so to speak. The challenge is to learn the game's nuances, it is to spend those longer hours restarting stage 2, it is to come back from the discouragement of having to throw out a run at the final stage. The challenge is to bear the crushing weight of failure for as long as one possibly can. The challenge is, in a word, to endure.
While a superplayer braving the storm in itself illustrates their great skill, the pretender beginning the road towards skill only to walk away as soon the "fun" disappears merely indicates cowardice. There is no getting around it; pain should not be seen as merely an unfortunate side effect of the genre's conventions. Improving at shmups is an inherently painful activity and the sooner this fact is accepted, the better. If one is still at that point of having fun, the real fight has yet to begin. If one desires to excel in this genre there is no choice but to embrace the pain to the point of even taking on a masochistic mindset.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2013, 12:22:29 AM »
He just copypasted a blurb from an essay that a certain notable crazy very-monotropic autistic dude wrote after he counterstopped Mushihimesama Futari Ultra.
Who did what now? I'm just talking about previous incarnations freely talked about and shared here, such as cheat engines and such. I was under the impression this wasn't a problem, and I was surprised.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2013, 02:02:30 AM »
Well, anyway, if anyone does want to cheat their way to a 1cc of a Touhou game (though I don't really understand the point myself either), auto-bombing probably wouldn't be that useful in the first place. Clearing Easy/Normal is mostly about bombing whenever the game gets dense anyway (well, except in a few games such as UFO which are also about collecting lives to spend, and auto-bombing won't help you with that), and as for Extra/Hard/Lunatic you won't get far without putting in the practice whether you have auto-bombs or not.

I suggest using an infinite lives cheat or slowdown or something instead. Either of those would probably be easier to set up than an auto-bombing patch, for any games that don't already have one.

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2013, 02:40:13 AM »
For there to be cheating, there must be rules.  When the situation concerns only one individual, that individual alone sets the rules.  In that situation, the individual is cheating only if he breaks his own rules - rules which, at any point, he could simply change rather than break.

tl;dr: posting in farm-lunacy/motk-condescension general.
eb: there should be a shmup that is sort of like podd minus the versus shit
eb: you go dodging semirandom things then it goes WARNING GET OUT OF THE WAY MOTHERFUCKER and you get a shitstorm
KB: and there is no way out of the way
eb: the way is through