Author Topic: Fujiyama Volcano (IN extra), how to get points?  (Read 3070 times)

Fujiyama Volcano (IN extra), how to get points?
« on: May 01, 2012, 01:24:11 AM »
I've recently started noticing that this spell... when you (or I, at least) capture it (in a normal extra run), sometimes it gives you point items, sometimes it doesn't. It makes a huge difference to the score, so I'm wondering if anyone knows what the conditions are.
It's really annoying to test for since it's at the end of the level, but I've ruled out things like having/not having bombs, power level, etc. Maybe I'm missing something really basic, or it is truly random.

Random

• Rice cakes, sea anemones
  • Benzene, benzene ♪
Re: Fujiyama Volcano (IN extra), how to get points?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 02:00:26 AM »
My guess is that you have to capture the Rings of Death, but I'm not entirely sure either.

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 06:09:40 AM »
I'm pretty sure that isn't it. I've only done that once or twice.

Zil

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 06:42:02 AM »
I just watched some old replays and every one failed the rings (:V) but still got point items. Maybe it has someting to do with elevation, or the phase the spell was in. You get items in spell practice right?

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 07:21:22 AM »
From the few sources I watched (one with capping rings, two without, so it doesn't matter) she dropped point items, regardless of the spell being capped or not. I have had her not drop point items for me several times in various spots in the fight, typically toward the end. I'm really not sure what the cause is. It simply could be a glitch unless someone finds out the logic to it.
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

Lu

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 10:04:34 AM »
It won't give you point items if you finish the card when the exploding familiars are near Mokou regardless if you capture it or not. I'm not exactly sure why it does this though.

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2012, 01:56:57 AM »
Not sure what you mean by that, Lu. Here are two of my captures of the spell, first one doesn't drop points, 2nd one does. I finish it off at about the same place. She's in the process of shooting the exploding familiars out in either case.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7teVFU4jnw

Rings of death before:
1st one, two bombs, first one unfocused, 2nd one focused.
2nd one, two bombs, first one unfocused, 2nd one was a deathbomb while focused (so reimu's bomb activated)

Maybe it has to do with how you bomb rings of death?

Random

• Rice cakes, sea anemones
  • Benzene, benzene ♪
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2012, 02:16:12 AM »
Does bombing RoD with a youkai/human have something to do with it? From what I remember from my previous IN Extra runs, I always got point items after the card, but I passed RoD. I haven't used teams for a really long time :/

If not, then my guess is that it probably is a glitch. A really bad one for scorerunners. :fail:

D8ms

• Oriental
    • saigyouji.net
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2012, 01:36:33 PM »
Could it have something to do with the human-youkai gauge?

In the first trial, you had above 85, while in the second, it was 68, which is below 80.

Upon a second look, I'm fairely sure this is the deciding factor. Again, in the first run, after you defeated the spellcard, your gauge jumped to 100% youkai for a second, then switched to 100% human. In the second run, it first jumps to 0% (neutral) and then to 100% human

Edit: Nope, looked through my replays and this isnt it.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 01:42:30 PM by D8ms »

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2012, 01:40:34 PM »
Isn't it the same case with Hourai Elixir? That one drops points too, even though I have no clue what for...

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2012, 07:06:49 PM »
A bit off-topic, but I noticed that Royal Flare also sometimes drops points and sometimes doesn't. Related?

Zil

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2012, 04:47:42 AM »
Were you at full power? It'll give you power items if you aren't.

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2012, 05:47:06 AM »
Were you at full power? It'll give you power items if you aren't.
Yeah, although if I'm doing well I'm probably going to be at full power so... lol.

I thought the gauge might be a deciding factor, but after some experimentation I decided not. The deciding point has to be at least before the spell explodes since that's when the point items are dropped. I'll always go to 100% human afterwards because I'm playing for score.

I have no idea about Hourai Elixir or Royal Flare (EoSD?)

Zil

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2012, 06:35:17 AM »
I meant for Royal Flare. In IN you'd still get point items even if you weren't at full power.

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2012, 08:08:42 PM »
No, what I meant is sometimes Royal Flare gives nothing, no power or point items
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 08:11:58 PM by Star King »