Author Topic: Favorite Sub Group?  (Read 14067 times)

Letty Whiterock

Re: Favorite Sub Group?
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2011, 05:15:05 PM »
CGRascal moved to oneofakindproductions.blogspot.com  NWS NWS HE SCANLATES HENTAI!
Because they aren't fansubbers they've sold out and as a result their subs are subpar and shitty I believe is the current line?  I never bothered with CR because 1) I didn't like the idea of having to wait a week to see a show I really cared about and 2) I like to archive everything i've seen in case I want to watch it again or give to someone else.

It should be noted that Horriblesubs is ONLY stream rips and they don't sub anything themselves.
To be fair, Mazui dropped Steins;Gate because the CR subs are actually pretty much exactly what they'd do, which is damn near perfect. Can't say the same for things like Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu, but that show sucks.

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2011, 05:23:16 PM »
well, accuracy is one thing, personally speaking? I think if you are asking me to go for CR, I much prefer to just buy the DVD. frankly, it isn't worth the time waiting. And it is not like as if I don't buy it already, watching a good sub is just well... whatever works and is not HK subs I guess. I really wish CGrascal would be back on the teams, (though his hentai blog is just as awesome until it is recently closed)
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2011, 05:43:52 PM »
I miss Solar. Though I think that might be largely due to no longer being able to go "hey I know a guy who worked on this". Also I think "our translator started med school" is a pretty good excuse for a fansub group dying off. =P

noodles

• No
  • Don't
    • tumblr
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2011, 09:51:04 PM »
I remember loving Shintani's translation of Hidamari Sketch (and the little notes they threw in) but I don't think I've seen anything else by them. I loved a.f.k. at the time because they even translated the stuff that was randomly changing on the chalkboard in SZS.

Other than that I really don't have a favorite :/ I just pick whatever's popular

OK, DISCUSSION POINT: "Are you squidding kidding me" vs "Are you kidding me ~de geso"

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2011, 10:56:28 PM »
OK, DISCUSSION POINT: "Are you squidding kidding me" vs "Are you kidding me ~de geso"

Ugh, the latter. Who was responsible for the former?

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2011, 03:39:53 AM »
Are you squidding me is hilarious and reminds me of the puns in gg's translation of Soremachi.

Squid pro quo.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2011, 09:20:43 AM »
"Are you squidding kidding me"
This is awful and isn't even an appropriate pun.

Squid pro quo.
This is goddamn perfect and hilarious

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2011, 11:18:32 PM »
gg is hilarious
Yes, it is.
The likes of hanseifuseiryoku Katharon is not our teki!