Maidens of the Kaleidoscope

~Beyond the Border~ => Rumia's Party Games => Topic started by: Blitzer on June 03, 2011, 04:45:59 AM

Title: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 03, 2011, 04:45:59 AM
(http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100813081520/duelmasters/images/b/bf/Dm29-s3.jpg) (http://duelmasters.wikia.com/wiki/Alexander_the_3rd%2C_Emperor_of_the_Demonic_Eye)

>You are Shikieiki Yamaxanadu, and it's been an awful past week.
>Lately you've been having these strange nightmares that consist of what is basically a multi-part The Reason You Suck Speech (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheReasonYouSuckSpeech) and Hannibal Lecture (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HannibalLecture) delivered by a mysterious, shadowy figure that looked like an Eldritch Abomination. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EldritchAbomination) Because of those nightmares, you've been doubting yourself, your position as the Yama, and how moral you really are. You haven't lectured anyone for the past week, which shows just how effective these nightmares are.
>And that's not the only problem. After the first nightmare, you woke up to find your Cleansed Crystal Mirror (http://www.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Perfect_Memento:_Shikieiki_Yamaxanadu) broken into little pieces. You don't even know if those can be normally destroyed. The day after that, your Rod of Remorse (see above link) was found destroyed as well. And the day after that, your ability to see deeds in black and white stopped working normally, only seeing shades of grey (figuratively). All of this came with a gradual reducing of your power. You're probably only as strong as Yukari Yakumo right about now, and it has no signs of stopping.
>You've been unable to carry out your job for the past week, so you've been hanging out with Komachi. That didn't help you relax at all.
>You have wandered around Gensokyo today, seeking answers to your problems. You have got Reimu to assist you with this. You have went over to Hakugyokurou, witnessed Youmu leaving Yuyuko, and Yuyuko joining your party. You have found out from Reisen about two rival fairy armies who are about to battle at the Scarlet Devil Mansion. You have went over to the SDM, and found out about Sakuya's forced compulsion to stab Meiling and found out about Sakuya's minor complaints about her master. (Say, you should go back to her to hear if Ichirin Kumoi knew anything about the fairy armies.) You have visited Eientei and talked to Eirin about your nightmares, and heard the voice in your head who you suppose is behind all this that it's ggoing to do something horrible to Koishi. After that, you visited Yukari. You told her about your nightmares, and have also found out about Ran's dislike of her master. Yukari then gapped you over to the Palace of the Earth Spirits, where you talked a bit with Satori about Koishi your affliction, but gained little from visiting there. After getting back aboveground, you visited Kanako to find out Koishi's whereabouts, and found that she was in the supposedly non-notable eastern western forests of Gensokyo. Over there, you found a field where several fairies were gathered, presumably one of the fairy armies Reisen talked about, "preparing" to invade the SDM. Yeah, this paragraph sounds like boring monotone with all of those periods, but it's certainly better than annoying exclamation marks.
>After that, you headed over to Eientei, where you found out that Reisen was clean of all influences and one of the moon princesses, Watatsuki no Yorihime, has also been afflicted by nightmares. You were then tested by Eirin the same way she tested Reisen, and you came up clean. You then visited Tenshi's bar in the Human Village, where Reimu talked a bit with Tenshi about Koishi. You then visited Rikako, where you attempted to lecture Reimu about her aggressiveness, then found out Rikako created two interesting devices; one that detects unusual gaps, and another that can look into alternate dimensions. The latter is still a work in progress, though. Rikako detected some unusual gaps in the SDM, so you go there to find that there are unusual gaps that are causing Sakuya and Meiling's changed behavior, as well as a huge gap in the SDM library. They all lead to another world, from which the inhabitants's perceptions of Sakuya and Meiling affect their minds. The people from that world seem to experience Gensokyo as a fictional place. After investigating those gaps with Rikako, you find yourself at the entrance of the SDM, where Yukari discloses that Koishi and the goddesses of Youkai Mountain created Gensokyo Isle. Yukari gaps Koishi and you bring Satori to counsel her, but you leave to the Moriya Shrine after Koishi requests privacy. Your party splits up at this time.
>As Eiki, you are currently in front of the Moriya Shrine.
>As Reimu, you are heading over to the Moriya Shrine to beat them up for creating Gensokyo Isle.
>As Yuyuko and Suika, you are in the central square of the Ancient City.
>As Koishi, you are in Yukari's gap void, trying to convince your sister Satori that Eiki and her allies are against you and her.

>Note: Your actual name is Eiki Shiki (western order). Yamaxanadu is just a title.
>Any inconsistencies noted by the players will be fixed by the parser. This is my interpretation of the events of Maribel Quest, and my interpretation and the actual interpretation of locations, events, etc. are not exact.

>Shiki: "Hello?"
>"Yes?"

>Ego Emancipator: "Not my good, Satori. Theirs. It's like I said, my wellbeing or desires don't enter into it at all. I'm just a supposed to be a good little soldier in Eiki's struggle, and not have any desires outside of it."
>Satori says "Your wellbeing or desires? Then tell me, what are those desires?"

>Glance upward.
>"Did she even show any real concern for you, Yukari? Anyone can see that you've been struggling with your own problems, but has she even stopped once in using you as a highly effective horse?"
>"She's the Yama, I'd say it's her job. It's no problem if I use my gaps to transport them around, my usage of the gaps doesn't quicken the power drain. But I'm afraid this isn't about her. This is about you."

>A reminder to the parser: Although Yuyuko is the most vocaly concerned about Yukari's condition, Shiki has also voiced such concern.
>Noted, although quotes would help.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 03, 2011, 04:54:27 AM
Noted, although quotes would help.

Quote from: GuyYouMetOnline
>Shiki: "Yes, the time needed seems to be increasing by about five seconds each time. You're certain opening these gaps isn't accellerating the power drain, Yukari?"

>Shiki: "A situation has arisen. May I enter?"
>Assuming permission is given, enter.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Hello Purvis on June 03, 2011, 05:13:50 AM
>Superego Supernaturalist: "Exactly. It doesn't matter what I felt or thought, my task is to salute, drop whatever I might be doing or feeling, and come to you and plead for you to possibly forgive me for having the temerity to try to fix things. And you're expected to do the same, leaving whatever you were doing immediately for the same reason, and forgive me without delay. And the hope is that in playing our parts, we'll stymie that voice a bit. What we actually think or feel has nothing to do with it."
>Gesture around.
>"And there was no intention of letting us leave until we do so."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 03, 2011, 05:38:01 AM
>Shiki: "A situation has arisen. May I enter?"
>"Yeah."

>Assuming permission is given, enter.
>You enter. You see the room is empty, except for Sanae, who's sweeping the room.
>"What's the problem? Where are the people with you?"

>Superego Supernaturalist: "Exactly. It doesn't matter what I felt or thought, my task is to salute, drop whatever I might be doing or feeling, and come to you and plead for you to possibly forgive me for having the temerity to try to fix things. And you're expected to do the same, leaving whatever you were doing immediately for the same reason, and forgive me without delay. And the hope is that in playing our parts, we'll stymie that voice a bit. What we actually think or feel has nothing to do with it."
>Gesture around.
>"And there was no intention of letting us leave until we do so."
>Satori says "I wasn't doing anything at the time, and even if I was in the middle of something, I think and feel you would have been more important. I'm sure you feel the same way. I am not the one who's supposed to be doing the forgiving, it was you, and to Okuu."
>"Do you honestly believe that I would be impeded if you forgave Utsuho? I wouldn't be. That was the ends of my plan with you, not a step. You have some serious problems."
>Satori continues. "And furthermore, you didn't answer my question. What are your desires? Is it just for me to be free from being a satori, or is there more?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 03, 2011, 05:58:16 AM
>Shiki: "Koishi's in Yukari's gapworld, and Yuyuko and Suika are underground. No time to explain, because Reimu's coming here-she was, I guess, too impatient to wait for a gap, which is fortunate, as this allowed me to beat her here-and she's on the warpath. The truth about the Gensokyo Isle incident has just come out. Koishi is in Yukari's gapworld for her own safety, but with that target removed, Reimu seems to have set her sights on you and your gods."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Hello Purvis on June 03, 2011, 07:21:40 AM
>Ego Inflator: Shake head.
>"Let's not fall into their whims right now. I promise you, I'll talk with you about it. But it won't be on their terms, it'll be on ours."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 03, 2011, 05:34:10 PM
>Shiki: "Koishi's in Yukari's gapworld, and Yuyuko and Suika are underground. No time to explain, because Reimu's coming here-she was, I guess, too impatient to wait for a gap, which is fortunate, as this allowed me to beat her here-and she's on the warpath. The truth about the Gensokyo Isle incident has just come out. Koishi is in Yukari's gapworld for her own safety, but with that target removed, Reimu seems to have set her sights on you and your gods."
>"How the heck did she find out?!"
>Beat.
>"Yukari, of course. I'll warn Suwako and Kanako immediately."
>She runs off.

>Ego Inflator: Shake head.
>"Let's not fall into their whims right now. I promise you, I'll talk with you about it. But it won't be on their terms, it'll be on ours."
>"Does it matter whose terms we talk about it on? And stop dodging my question."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 03, 2011, 06:29:09 PM
>Shiki: Follow Sanae.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Hello Purvis on June 03, 2011, 07:39:02 PM
>Superegoist: "It does. That freedom is about all we have left anymore, and I'm not going to surrender it, too. I swear, I'll answer when the time is right. Which is not now."

Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 03, 2011, 09:47:42 PM
>Shiki: Follow Sanae.
>You follow Sanae to the back area of the shrine. You see Kanako overhead sitting on a pillar, which is one of many pillars in front of a lake.
>Sanae says "Hello, Kanako?"
>Kanako turns around to face you. "Yes, Sanae?"
>Sanae replies "Well, Reimu found out about the Gensokyo Isle incident and she's coming to attack you."
>Kanako sighs. "How did she find out? I suppose it involves Yukari?"

>Superegoist: "It does. That freedom is about all we have left anymore, and I'm not going to surrender it, too. I swear, I'll answer when the time is right. Which is not now."
>"I'm afraid that the right time is now."
>Yukari says "Do you want to talk about this at home?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on June 03, 2011, 11:33:44 PM
>Dechampisa Delimiter: "Yukari... did hint at the matter, but Koishi provided the details herself once asked. I do not know why."
>What do we know about the rightness of the Gensokyo Isle fiasco, anyway...?

>Gila Gangster: Proceed.

>Grand Yuyutons: Visit Satori again! Apologize for the intrusion, and ask to speak with that large-chested crow of hers!
>Sake Shenanigator: Have we been here before? Drown/restore memories with more sake.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 04, 2011, 03:06:21 AM
>Dechampisa Delimiter: "Yukari... did hint at the matter, but Koishi provided the details herself once asked. I do not know why."
>"Koishi would seem like the type to keep it to herself...strange. Anyways, it's a shame that Reimu's on the warpath right now. I wanted to relax for the rest of the day."

>What do we know about the rightness of the Gensokyo Isle fiasco, anyway...?
>Perhaps you should ask why Kanako and Suwako did it, first...

>Gila Gangster: Proceed.
>You continue to the Moriya Shrine. There is nobody around when you arrive at the entrance.

>Grand Yuyutons: Visit Satori again! Apologize for the intrusion, and ask to speak with that large-chested crow of hers!
>You continue in the direction of the Palace of the Earth Spirits. When you arrive, you knock on the door.
>Orin answers you. "Hello? Oh, it's you." When you ask to see Utsuho, she says "Sorry, Okuu's not home right now. I think she's somewhere in the city with Yuugi and that new girlfriend of hers."

>Sake Shenanigator: Have we been here before? Drown/restore memories with more sake.
>You have, and you down more sake to remember the good times better. You're not sure if it helped.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Hello Purvis on June 04, 2011, 04:12:06 AM
>Idiot: Glance toward the sky. "No! I never want to be near that awful city again as long as I live. Just...put us somewhere quiet and far away. Then leave us alone after that. I'll make sure Satori gets home."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 04, 2011, 04:15:57 AM
>Shiki: "At some point, I will want to hear your reasons for doing what you did, but that can wait. Reimu's out for blood, Koishi seems to have herself in a self-destructive emotional spiral, and who knows what Suika and Yuyuko are getting themselves into. We can talk later. And in the quite likely event that Reimu attacks, you shall have my aid."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 04, 2011, 05:28:19 AM
>Idiot: Glance toward the sky. "No! I never want to be near that awful city again as long as I live. Just...put us somewhere quiet and far away. Then leave us alone after that. I'll make sure Satori gets home."
>"Right, right."
>You and Satori watch as a gap opens up for...past a minute or so.

>Shiki: "At some point, I will want to hear your reasons for doing what you did, but that can wait. Reimu's out for blood, Koishi seems to have herself in a self-destructive emotional spiral, and who knows what Suika and Yuyuko are getting themselves into. We can talk later. And in the quite likely event that Reimu attacks, you shall have my aid."
>"Self-destructive emotional spiral, huh? I always knew Koishi had problems. Anyways, I'm not too worried about losing here, especially i I get Suwako. Sanae, could you get Suwako for me?"
>"Okay, Kanako." She walks off.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 04, 2011, 05:32:25 AM
>Shiki: "I will attempt to talk her down, but I expect to fail, so yes, be ready to fight."
>Wait for Reimu's arrival.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on June 04, 2011, 05:56:59 AM
>Armpits: Land. Proceed inside uninvited! "KANAKO! SUWAKO! WE NEED TO TALK!"

>Piton des Yuyuges: Eye sparkle. "Oooo! And who is the lucky girl~"
>Watermelon Waif: What do we know about Yuugi's romantic life?
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Hello Purvis on June 04, 2011, 06:48:03 AM
>Ego Emulator: "It's just getting worse and worse for Yukari. But it won't stop Shiki from demanding gap after gap."
>Enter when it's opened.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 04, 2011, 08:42:12 PM
>Shiki: "I will attempt to talk her down, but I expect to fail, so yes, be ready to fight."
>Wait for Reimu's arrival.
>You wait for Reimu's arrival. She isn't here yet.

>Armpits: Land. Proceed inside uninvited! "KANAKO! SUWAKO! WE NEED TO TALK!"
>You land and proceed inside. You yell for Kanako and Suwako, but nobody answers.
>As Eiki, you think you hear Reimu's voice, but just barely. Kanako remarks "About time." She gets up from the pillar she was sitting on and flies into the Moriya Shrine.

>Piton des Yuyuges: Eye sparkle. "Oooo! And who is the lucky girl~"
>"A girl named Parsee. And she's both Okuu and Yuugi's girlfriend. Weird, huh?"

>Watermelon Waif: What do we know about Yuugi's romantic life?
>Nothing at all.

>Ego Emulator: "It's just getting worse and worse for Yukari. But it won't stop Shiki from demanding gap after gap."
>"If I minded, I would have told her."

>Enter when it's opened.
>You and Satori enter the gap.
>You find yourself next to a spring in the middle of a forest. You think you've been around here before.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on June 04, 2011, 09:26:29 PM
>Genji Grappler: Proceed inside. Keep calling for them. Did they try and run away?
>Upon encountering Kanako, "So, Koishi said something about you guys fucking with everyone in Gensokyo. You know what that means."
>Ultraviolence!

>m/v MVP: Try not to choke on sake. "Say what?"
>Grampian Yuyutons: "Oh my, that IS unusual."
>Do either of us know who this "Parsee" girl is?
>Yuderberg: "Where might they be in the city? I believe it would be good to hear more about what she did during the trouble Koishi and those goddesses caused."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Hello Purvis on June 04, 2011, 09:47:23 PM
>"You shouldn't have to be in that position to begin with."
>Let the gap close, and wait until we feel there is no presence of Yukari at all before saying anything.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 04, 2011, 10:39:36 PM
>Genji Grappler: Proceed inside. Keep calling for them. Did they try and run away?
>You keep going inside and keep calling for Kanako and Suwako. You see Sanae in the hallway, looking intently at you.
>"You want Kanako and Suwako? They're behind the shrine." She points her thumb in the direction you're going right now.
>You continue to the back, and upon exiting the building, you see Kanako and Suwako in front of you. And Shikieki?
>Kanako says "So I heard you wanted to fight?"

>Upon encountering Kanako, "So, Koishi said something about you guys fucking with everyone in Gensokyo. You know what that means."
>Suwako sighs. "We know."

>Ultraviolence!
>You start firing massive amounts of danmaku at them. They respond with, of course, more danmaku.
 
>m/v MVP: Try not to choke on sake. "Say what?"
>Grampian Yuyutons: "Oh my, that IS unusual."
>"Yeah. I heard they were about to fight over which one of them kept Parsee, but a girl named Maribel managed to convince them to have a threesome."

>Do either of us know who this "Parsee" girl is?
>No.

>Yuderberg: "Where might they be in the city? I believe it would be good to hear more about what she did during the trouble Koishi and those goddesses caused."
>"Somewhere out in the city. I don't know, really."

>"You shouldn't have to be in that position to begin with."
>Yukari says "Then why blame the Yama?"

>Let the gap close, and wait until we feel there is no presence of Yukari at all before saying anything.
>You let the gap close, and make sure that Yukari's gaps aren't around. Thankfully, they aren't.
>Satori says "Now answer my question. What are your desires?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Hello Purvis on June 04, 2011, 10:43:53 PM
>Superego Chevalier: "I want us to be free, Satori. That's what I want. I don't want us to have to hide, to be disdained for what we are. I don't want you cooped up in that mansion, terrified of the crowds outside simply due to the weight of their combined thoughts. And I did it, sis. I did it. It was wonderful. You remember it too, don't you?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on June 04, 2011, 11:28:48 PM
>Serpent Strangler: Boggle in confusion for a moment, then do the math. "Damnit, Shiki! What the hell are you doing?! Did Yukari put you up to this?!"
>Continue! Which one would be best to focus on getting out of the picture first? Perhaps most responsible for the mess Koishi helped set up?

>Density&Gluttony: Have we heard of 'Maribel' before?
>Britannia Yuyuge: "Oh my, quite an interesting girl... maybe we should speak with her, too!"

>Alcohol Authority: Would we be able to 'gather' any of these people easily?
>Why did we leave the underground, again?
>What is/was our relationship with Yuugi like?
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 05, 2011, 01:23:49 AM
>Shiki: "You cannot claim that this is to resolve an incident, as the incident has already been resolved. You're attacking them because you want to, and you want to out of nothing more than anger. Regardless of who did what previously, it is you who are in the wrong right now."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 06, 2011, 01:27:45 AM
>Superego Chevalier: "I want us to be free, Satori. That's what I want. I don't want us to have to hide, to be disdained for what we are. I don't want you cooped up in that mansion, terrified of the crowds outside simply due to the weight of their combined thoughts. And I did it, sis. I did it. It was wonderful. You remember it too, don't you?"
>"I certainly do remember. However..."
>She pauses.

>Serpent Strangler: Boggle in confusion for a moment, then do the math. "Damnit, Shiki! What the hell are you doing?! Did Yukari put you up to this?!"
>Shiki: "You cannot claim that this is to resolve an incident, as the incident has already been resolved. You're attacking them because you want to, and you want to out of nothing more than anger. Regardless of who did what previously, it is you who are in the wrong right now."
>"They still fucked with Gensokyo!"

>Continue! Which one would be best to focus on getting out of the picture first? Perhaps most responsible for the mess Koishi helped set up?
>You don't know which one is more responsible, and you're not sure which one is stronger.

>Density&Gluttony: Have we heard of 'Maribel' before?
>You have not.

>Britannia Yuyuge: "Oh my, quite an interesting girl... maybe we should speak with her, too!"
>"I don't know where she is now, though."

>Alcohol Authority: Would we be able to 'gather' any of these people easily?
>You don't think so.

>Why did we leave the underground, again?
>You left because you wanted to explore the topside.

>What is/was our relationship with Yuugi like?
>Acquaintances. Nothing close, nothing distant.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 06, 2011, 02:08:50 AM
>Shiki: "And the incident was resolved. Thus, what you are ready to do would fall under punishment, and that is not within your right to give."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 06, 2011, 02:16:52 AM
>Shiki: "And the incident was resolved. Thus, what you are ready to do would fall under punishment, and that is not within your right to give."
>"Yes, it is."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 06, 2011, 02:29:37 AM
>Shiki: "Oh? Being the Hakurei maiden does not give you that right-this is beyond resolving incidents-so what does?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on June 06, 2011, 02:52:12 AM
>Reptile Wrangler: "Making sure incidents STAY resolved and I know what the hell happened, that's what!"
>Which one has more of a sneaky or self-centered personality, as far as we're aware? If there's a clear winner, take them down.
>Failing that, screw it, focus on the mountain of hair. And/or tits.

>Manzano Yuyutains: "Oh, a pity! But perhaps we could hear what she looks like?"
>Beat.
>"Ah, and did a girl named Renko visit here recently?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 06, 2011, 03:03:35 AM
>Shiki: "This is not about resolving an incident; that has already been done. You are using that job as an excuse for your anger."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 06, 2011, 03:39:35 AM
>Shiki: "Oh? Being the Hakurei maiden does not give you that right-this is beyond resolving incidents-so what does?"
>Reptile Wrangler: "Making sure incidents STAY resolved and I know what the hell happened, that's what!"
>Shiki: "This is not about resolving an incident; that has already been done. You are using that job as an excuse for your anger."
>You're not sure if she ignored you or simply did not hear you.

>Which one has more of a sneaky or self-centered personality, as far as we're aware? If there's a clear winner, take them down.
>Suwako is sneakier, hands down.
>You focus your attacks on Suwako-wait how'd she get behind you?
>You get hit by a danmaku bullet. Ow.

>Manzano Yuyutains: "Oh, a pity! But perhaps we could hear what she looks like?"
>"Well, she has elbow-length blonde hair, purple eyes, and a black dress like the one I'm wearing right now.

>Beat.
>"Ah, and did a girl named Renko visit here recently?"
>"Yes, she did! Why do you ask?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 06, 2011, 04:16:13 AM
Shiki: It would seem that there's no avoiding a fight. Open fire!
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 06, 2011, 05:20:29 AM
>Shiki: It would seem that there's no avoiding a fight. Open fire!
>You fire upon Reimu!
>"Crap, you too?!"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Hello Purvis on June 06, 2011, 06:47:13 AM
>Hindbrain Harrier: "And you loved it. I saw how you lived there, free of worry, able to move freely among people and have as many friends as you wanted, all in the same place if you liked. You had neighbors, sis. People you could talk with and mix with freely, as many as you wanted. I saw you go to fairs and visit markets, I watched you volunteer with other animal lovers. When you wanted to be reclusive, you could. But you didn't have to. Tell me that it wasn't better, that you weren't happier and more free than you had ever been in your life."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 06, 2011, 07:04:46 AM
>Shiki: "I will not stand by while you enact your petty vengence!"
>Try to coordinate our position with those of the Moriya shrine group such that Reimu is under fire from all sides.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 06, 2011, 06:44:35 PM
>Hindbrain Harrier: "And you loved it. I saw how you lived there, free of worry, able to move freely among people and have as many friends as you wanted, all in the same place if you liked. You had neighbors, sis. People you could talk with and mix with freely, as many as you wanted. I saw you go to fairs and visit markets, I watched you volunteer with other animal lovers. When you wanted to be reclusive, you could. But you didn't have to. Tell me that it wasn't better, that you weren't happier and more free than you had ever been in your life."
>"I honestly am content with the life I have now, and I know you think I am lying to myself about it. I don't intend to run away from what I truly am. Besides, what were you doing? Were you happier than you had ever been in your entire life?"

>Shiki: "I will not stand by while you enact your petty vengeance!"
>"This isn't petty vengeance!"

>Try to coordinate our position with those of the Moriya shrine group such that Reimu is under fire from all sides.
>You move until Reimu finds herself under fire from all sides.
>"Spirit Sign 「Fantasy Seal」!"
>She bombs, releasing several balls or white and colored light that split up and head towards Kanako, Suwako, and yourself!
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Hello Purvis on June 06, 2011, 07:14:41 PM
>Id Insinuator: Shake head.
>"Now you're dodging the question. I asked you, was it better then? And it was. I'm not going to pretand it wasn't. Will you?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 07, 2011, 12:24:43 AM
>Id Insinuator: Shake head.
>"Now you're dodging the question. I asked you, was it better then? And it was. I'm not going to pretend it wasn't. Will you?"
>"No, I won't. It certainly doesn't mean I can't be satisfied with what I have now. Now, answer my question. What were you doing? Just wandering the world? And were you happier than you had ever been in your entire life?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 07, 2011, 12:50:52 AM
>Shiki: "Then what would you claim this to be?"
>Evade and return fire.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Hello Purvis on June 07, 2011, 12:52:06 AM
>Superego Sucker: "Yeah. Seeing things and people that no one around here has even imagined. It was wonderful, Satori. Do you remember what a pyramid was? I got see one! And...was it the happiest? Overall, yes. I was free, I was unburdened. I had friends all over the world. I could come to you whenever I wanted. And it was the same for you, maybe on not so grand a scale, but in essence it was."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on June 07, 2011, 03:58:55 AM
>Sacramento Yuyutains: File all this away for the future. Surely it will be useful!
>"Oh, apparently Yukari dear and the Yama heard about someone telling tales about her, and mentioned you as well. Quite a good hunch!
>Density Dreamer: "Oi, what's Yuugi been up to these days?"

>Serpent Stringer: "Punishment and answers! How many times do I have to repeat myself?!"
>Keep moving! What's our situation?
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 07, 2011, 04:16:28 AM
>Shiki: "Kanako has agreed to explain herself, and punishment is not within your right to give!"
>Okay, now we're just repeating ourself. this is getting nowhere. Force seems to be the only option right now, so keep firing!
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 07, 2011, 08:39:11 PM
>Superego Sucker: "Yeah. Seeing things and people that no one around here has even imagined. It was wonderful, Satori. Do you remember what a pyramid was? I got see one! And...was it the happiest? Overall, yes. I was free, I was unburdened. I had friends all over the world. I could come to you whenever I wanted. And it was the same for you, maybe on not so grand a scale, but in essence it was."
>"Friends like who?"

>Sacramento Yuyutains: File all this away for the future. Surely it will be useful!
>Filed.

>"Oh, apparently Yukari dear and the Yama heard about someone telling tales about her, and mentioned you as well. Quite a good hunch!"
>"Huh, interesting."

>Density Dreamer: "Oi, what's Yuugi been up to these days?"
>"Nothing much. Just maintaining the city and stuff."

>Shiki: "Then what would you claim this to be?"
>Serpent Stringer: "Punishment and answers! How many times do I have to repeat myself?!"
>Shiki: "Kanako has agreed to explain herself, and punishment is not within your right to give!"
>"How so?!"

>Evade and return fire.
>You attempt to evade the light ball, but it relentlessly pursues you and you get hit anyways. You take it like a woman and keep firing.

>Okay, now we're just repeating ourselves. this is getting nowhere. Force seems to be the only option right now, so keep firing!
>And you continue firing.

>Keep moving! What's our situation?
>You have just bombed, so there's no danmaku immediately around you and for a few seconds you'll be invincible.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Hello Purvis on June 07, 2011, 08:55:59 PM
>Superego Striker: "People all over the world I met. Friends I've encountered and stayed with, people I helped with little things. So on. I could detail a few if you like, but I don't think you knew many of them."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on June 07, 2011, 09:00:17 PM
>Armpits: "Assuming I can even trust that explanation before beating them, you can talk while you fight, can't you?!"
>Blitz Suwako.
>"Not to mention that's nothing about froggy talking!"

>Wyuyuming Range: "Oh, and I should probably ask as well - what does that Renko girl look like? I think it would be good to speak with both of them~"
>Premiere Pettanko: What would 'maintaining the city' imply, as far as we recall? Worth making an educated guess as to where she might be...
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 08, 2011, 12:53:02 AM
>Shiki: "Does it take more than one being willing to explain?"
>Once Reimu's invulnerability period ends, laser attack!
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 08, 2011, 04:49:43 AM
I am never using the party mechanic again.

>Superego Striker: "People all over the world I met. Friends I've encountered and stayed with, people I helped with little things. So on. I could detail a few if you like, but I don't think you knew many of them."
>"How close were they to you, do you think?"

>Armpits: "Assuming I can even trust that explanation before beating them, you can talk while you fight, can't you?!"
>Blitz Suwako.
>You blitz Suwako, who moves backwards to keep her distance from you. She then continues to shoot danmaku at you, but is then smacked by one of your light balls.

>"Not to mention that's nothing about froggy talking!"
>Shiki: "Does it take more than one being willing to explain?"
>"It takes more than one person not willing to cause another incident!"

>Wyuyuming Range: "Oh, and I should probably ask as well - what does that Renko girl look like? I think it would be good to speak with both of them~"
>"She has short brown hair and a ridiculously colorful sundress."

>Premiere Pettanko: What would 'maintaining the city' imply, as far as we recall? Worth making an educated guess as to where she might be...
>"Maintaining the city" includes things like stopping riots and brawls and governance.

>Once Reimu's invulnerability period ends, laser attack!
>You wait until Reimu's invulnerability period ends, then shoot several lasers in her direction. She gets trapped in several bullets. "Crap..."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 08, 2011, 05:04:10 AM
Hey, I'm not the one who decided to turn everyone in the party against each other.

>Shiki: Keep the pressure on her!
>"You don't know that they'll cause another incident, and if they do, that will be your time to act, not now!"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 08, 2011, 10:44:00 PM
Hey, I'm not the one who decided to turn everyone in the party against each other.
It was more of the splitting up that was the problem.

>Shiki: Keep the pressure on her!
>You keep firing upon her. She shouts "Spirit Sign 「Fantasy Seal」!"

>"You don't know that they'll cause another incident, and if they do, that will be your time to act, not now!"
>"I prefer preventing incidents than resolving them!"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 09, 2011, 12:36:53 AM
It was more of the splitting up that was the problem.

That wasn't my idea, either (I was intending just a quick conversation between Shiki and Koishi before they rejoined the others, but, well, yeah).

>Shiki: Get the hell out of the way.
>Once the invincibility period ends, go back to coordinating fire with the others.
>"So what are you going to do, then? Attack everyone in Gensokyo on a regular basis?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Hello Purvis on June 09, 2011, 02:22:36 AM
>Superego Soliciter: "Close enough, I miss some of them."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 09, 2011, 02:26:46 AM
>Koishi: "And she took them away. She took yours away, too. She didn't even ask, just did it."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 09, 2011, 02:56:40 AM
That wasn't my idea, either (I was intending just a quick conversation between Shiki and Koishi before they rejoined the others, but, well, yeah).
I'm not blaming you for anything.

>Shiki: Get the hell out of the way.
>You get the hell out of the way. The light ball relentlessly pursues you, and you fly from it until it disintegrates on its own.

>Once the invincibility period ends, go back to coordinating fire with the others.
>You wait until Reimu's invincibility period ends, then continue firing at Reimu with Kanako and Suwako, who've been rather silent...Reimu carefully and slowly weaves through the bullets, but it looks like she might get hit again soon enough.

>"So what are you going to do, then? Attack everyone in Gensokyo on a regular basis?"
>"No, not everybody. Just those most likely to cause another incident!"

>Superego Soliciter: "Close enough, I miss some of them."
>Koishi: "And she took them away. She took yours away, too. She didn't even ask, just did it."
>"...I don't mind at all. She did what she thought was right, and so did you. And I know that you think that I'm too weak-willed to stand up for my own opinion. This is my own opinion."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 09, 2011, 03:26:48 AM
>Shiki: "And how would you know who those are?"
>Laser her again.
>Koishi: "Oh, really? No, you're wrong. You wanted what I gave you, and she took it away for her own desires."
>"And yeys, I did what was right. She didn't. And what do you think is right?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 09, 2011, 03:45:38 AM
>Shiki: "And how would you know who those are?"
>"People who have caused incidents before and are likely to do them again!"

>Laser her again.
>You laser her again. She sidesteps it but is then hit by a danmaku bullet.
>"Damn!"

>Koishi: "Oh, really? No, you're wrong. You wanted what I gave you, and she took it away for her own desires."
>"...Many people were satisfied with this life, and you took it away for your own desires. How are you two different?"

>"And yes, I did what was right. She didn't. And what do you think is right?"
>"Neither what you did or what Okuu did was right or wrong. You did what you thought was right. She did what you thought was wrong. Likewise, she undid what she thought was wrong."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 09, 2011, 05:22:17 AM
>Koishi: "And what do you 'think' is right?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Hello Purvis on June 09, 2011, 06:14:16 PM
Disregard everything guy said relating to Koishi.

>"You're lying to me again, sis. You're telling me that you want to be a prisoner, and we both know it's not true. I can understand your hesitation a little, you don't want to be a burden. You never did. Why else did you choose to hide away in that rocky prison? Why else do you do consent to hide from people? Why do you not really stand up for yourself? So I did, and I helped you at the same time. And you loved it. Your actions in that paradise prove it beyond any protest you can give me. You loved it. You were free and happy, and so was everyone else. It was better, for us and all others."
>"And that crow, that damn stupid crow, tore it down. She forced our curse back upon us, she took away what everyone had there. Why? Because she couldn't live without power. She's the enemy of all satori, whether you've forgiven her or not. Every time you look toward that awful city and wince at just imagining the weight of all the thoughts there, every time you miss the sun on your shoulders, every time you think of the friends you've lost, you know in your heart is was she who tore them from you. And how has the world improved for it, sis? What did it get back in exchange for cursing us anew?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 10, 2011, 01:17:33 AM
Okay, just what are you trying to do here, Purvis?
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Hello Purvis on June 10, 2011, 02:18:12 AM
Stay in character. Koishi has no reason whatsoever to concede anything at all. Especially when she's fully convinced that Satori isn't being fully honest for her own reasons.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 10, 2011, 02:47:44 AM
>"You're lying to me again, sis. You're telling me that you want to be a prisoner, and we both know it's not true. I can understand your hesitation a little, you don't want to be a burden. You never did. Why else did you choose to hide away in that rocky prison? Why else do you do consent to hide from people? Why do you not really stand up for yourself? So I did, and I helped you at the same time. And you loved it. Your actions in that paradise prove it beyond any protest you can give me. You loved it. You were free and happy, and so was everyone else. It was better, for us and all others."
>Satori inhales, then exhales.
>"I'm not saying I want to be a prisoner. I am saying that I accept what I am, a satori, and if being a prisoner is what comes with it, then fine. You, however, run away from what you are and what this world is like, and your heart isn't quite strong enough to accept that. And I don't think my actions in Gensokyo Isle count for much, since I wasn't completely myself at the time."

>"And that crow, that damn stupid crow, tore it down. She forced our curse back upon us, she took away what everyone had there. Why? Because she couldn't live without power. She's the enemy of all satori, whether you've forgiven her or not. Every time you look toward that awful city and wince at just imagining the weight of all the thoughts there, every time you miss the sun on your shoulders, every time you think of the friends you've lost, you know in your heart is was she who tore them from you. And how has the world improved for it, sis? What did it get back in exchange for cursing us anew?"
>"'Enemy of all satori' is an overstatement. You simply don't like her because she reverted the changes you made. Because of that, you thought up a reason to believe Utsuho was wrong and you were right, namely that she only reverted Gensokyo Isle to get her power back. I do indeed miss not having the weight of thoughts on myself and feeling the sun, but I really should have moved aboveground by now. And how has the world improved? Well, now Gensokyo is what it should be and you can stop running away from your personal problems."
>"Now, if you still think I'm not being totally honest, say why you think so."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 10, 2011, 03:52:28 AM
Stay in character. Koishi has no reason whatsoever to concede anything at all. Especially when she's fully convinced that Satori isn't being fully honest for her own reasons.

I thought that last comment worked (I'm trying to get Satori to say that Utsuho asked her about changing things back, since, y'know, that's what happened). But I was more referring to why you seem determined to make the situation with Koishi as hard to resolve as possible; it's not exactly very productive, and there are other ways this could be played without breaking character.

>Koishi: "Because I know you. I know you really wanted to stay in that world, and if Utsuho really cared about what you wanted, she would've let you. But she didn't. She just changed things back because she wanted to, and the fact that she didn't ask you about it kind of hurts her claim that she did it for you."
>Shiki: "So we should assume that people can't change? We should assume that everyone who's caused an incident is going to do it again?"
>Keep firing.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 10, 2011, 04:06:39 AM
>Koishi: "Because I know you. I know you really wanted to stay in that world, and if Utsuho really cared about what you wanted, she would've let you. But she didn't. She just changed things back because she wanted to, and the fact that she didn't ask you about it kind of hurts her claim that she did it for you."
>"She did ask about it. I told her that I trusted that she would do the right thing."

>Shiki: "So we should assume that people can't change? We should assume that everyone who's caused an incident is going to do it again?"
>"No, but these people pretty much-" she narrowly dodges a danmaku bullet- "caused three incidents!"

>Keep firing.
>You keep firing lasers. She keeps weaving through the swarm of bullets around her. Which is a feat, considering that there are three people firing at her.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 10, 2011, 04:25:29 AM
>Koishi: "She didn't ask you because she didn't wait what?"
>"Oh, you just told her to 'do what was right'? Yeah, that means a lot. Obviously she didn't do what was right. She certainly didn't do what you wanted. Or are you trying to tell me that even when in that world, you still chose this one? Surely you can't even believe that one yourself."
>Shiki: Wait, only three people firing? Who's missing: Kanako, Suwako, or Sanae?
>Fire basic shots at Reimu. Attempt to provoke her into responding in kind. When she does, charge at her full-speed, going right through her shots and taking the hits, and laser her at point-blank range. She won't expect that.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Hello Purvis on June 10, 2011, 11:24:15 AM
Guy: Given I'm the one who actually engineered the motivations and reactions to such in question? Yeah, I think I know what I'm talking about.

>"Satori, if a person is born unable to walk, and lives their life confirmed to a house. If this person is cured, and leaves their home to enjoy life, are they "not completely themselves?" It was the same for you, your curse was taken away. It the person I see before me that isn't completely herself, the one whose affliction keeps her from being who she truly is. It breaks my heart to see you try to claim otherwise."

Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 10, 2011, 02:31:36 PM
This isn't your quest, though. Yes, it's set paralell to Maribel Quest, but it's not your quest. And Koishi's a PC now, so you don't get to completely dictate how she's played. Her character here is not going to be completely identical to what you had in your quests, since you're not the only one deciding what she does now. You only have the same say as the rest of us.

Also, you seem intent on preventing any resolution of the Koishi/Utsuho thing, and I fail to see how that's productive (although I think I've got a way to get things moving towards a resolution).
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Hello Purvis on June 10, 2011, 02:55:33 PM
No, I just know exactly why she did what she did, and how she feels about it. Given that Blitzer has said it's based off of that, those motivations and such would apply. Otherwise, the events and such would not have gone as they did.

And of course it's going to be prevented from Koishi's side, she has no interest whatsoever in reconciling with the person she views as the one who forced her to be cursed again! She's much more interested in winning Satori over to her side. Why would she have any interest in reconciling with Utsuho at all?
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 10, 2011, 03:30:01 PM
Yes, those motivations and such apply, but you don't get to decide just by yourself how they're incorporated into Koishi's character here. And I understand about Koishi's feelings on the situation, but as I said, there are other ways that could've been played. But whatever. As I said, I think I've got a way to resolve this.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 10, 2011, 04:12:23 PM
>"Satori, if a person is born unable to walk, and lives their life confirmed to a house. If this person is cured, and leaves their home to enjoy life, are they "not completely themselves?" It was the same for you, your curse was taken away. It the person I see before me that isn't completely herself, the one whose affliction keeps her from being who she truly is. It breaks my heart to see you try to claim otherwise."
>"If it involves totally rewriting the lives of the people who lived there, then yes."

>Shiki: Wait, only three people firing? Who's missing: Kanako, Suwako, or Sanae?
>Sanae.

>Fire basic shots at Reimu. Attempt to provoke her into responding in kind. When she does, charge at her full-speed, going right through her shots and taking the hits, and laser her at point-blank range. She won't expect that.
>You fire danmaku at Reimu in an attempt to provoke her, but your danmaku is basically overshadowed by the large amounts of danmaku Kanako and Suwako are firing at her. Reimu hardly notices.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Hello Purvis on June 10, 2011, 04:19:12 PM
>Ideon: "But i did not. Everything that made you who you are was still there, save for the curse. Not only that, you were still surrounded by the ones you loved. Don't overstate what was changed, you and I both know the primacy of the persona in this kind of thing. You didn't give it up because you hated it, sister. Rather, you did so in spite of your love for your life as a free woman."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 10, 2011, 05:57:18 PM
>Shiki: Right, this needs to end, and now. Charge Reimu at full speed, going right through any shots in the way, and laser her at point-blank range. Then follow her if she tries to move away, staying in her face and hitting her with everything we've got. Only pull away if she uses a spellcard, and then move back in as soon as it's done.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on June 10, 2011, 11:55:30 PM
>Terrapin Troublemaker: The Yama is annoying, but she's not the one responsible for this. She's being an idiot getting involved, but she's not the priority.
>Try to break out of the center of attack and sneak around to flank Suwako; take her down, and fast!

>Someryut Range: "Thank you again, Orin dear. If you see Utsuho before us, do let her know that Reimu really wants to talk to her about the incident a bit ago that she helped take care of. I believe it had to do with Koishi and the Moriyas as well."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 11, 2011, 12:57:41 AM
>Shiki: Don't let Reimu get away! Pursue her and keep up the point-blank assault! This fight needs to end now!
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 11, 2011, 05:01:03 AM
>Ideon: "But I did not. Everything that made you who you are was still there, save for the curse. Not only that, you were still surrounded by the ones you loved. Don't overstate what was changed, you and I both know the primacy of the persona in this kind of thing. You didn't give it up because you hated it, sister. Rather, you did so in spite of your love for your life as a free woman."
>"I never said I hated my life as a human. I believed it was time to restore the world to its rightful state."

>Shiki: Right, this needs to end, and now. Charge Reimu at full speed, going right through any shots in the way, and laser her at point-blank range. Then follow her if she tries to move away, staying in her face and hitting her with everything we've got. Only pull away if she uses a spellcard, and then move back in as soon as it's done.
>You charge at Reimu, ignoring any danmaku that happen to hit you. You take it like a woman. You come close to Reimu, firing at her.

>Terrapin Troublemaker: The Yama is annoying, but she's not the one responsible for this. She's being an idiot getting involved, but she's not the priority.
>You see the Yama charge at you, but you decide to ignore the Yama.

>Try to break out of the center of attack and sneak around to flank Suwako; take her down, and fast!
>You attempt to break through the center of assault, but you would need some time to weave through the bullets. Time that you unfortunately don't have. Do you wish to bomb instead?

>Shiki: Don't let Reimu get away! Pursue her and keep up the point-blank assault! This fight needs to end now!
>You pursue Reimu and keep attacking her at close range. She dodges your danmaku just in time, giving her a few seconds.

>Someryut Range: "Thank you again, Orin dear. If you see Utsuho before us, do let her know that Reimu really wants to talk to her about the incident a bit ago that she helped take care of. I believe it had to do with Koishi and the Moriyas as well."
>"Ah, so Reimu found out about that. She must not be very happy about it..."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 11, 2011, 05:16:29 AM
>Reimu: Bomb.
>Shiki: Back away just enough to avoid the bomb. As soon as the bomb's done, charge in and tackle Reimu to the ground. Then blast her hard.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Hello Purvis on June 11, 2011, 11:24:38 AM
>Eros Eater: "How is it 'rightful' for us to be cursed, Satori? How is it 'rightful' for you to be in that prison, frightened of the people who live around you merely become you think? How is it 'rightful' for us to be feared, hated, or pitied for something entirely out of our control? What is right about this at all? What is better about this, sister? Tell me. What could possibly make this worth living through again, after experiencing the wonders of freedom?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on June 12, 2011, 03:22:29 AM
>Armadillo Aggressor: But if she's going to be THAT much of a pain, not to mention borderline suicidal, then fine. Attack the Yama at least enough to get her to back off - or pass out, if she's taken that much of a beating.

>Kitiyut Ranges: "Oh, she did seem rather upset, yes. I think she'd like to know if Utsuho punished them properly for the whole affair. I believe she left to... speak with Kanako and Suwako."
>"And if that's all, then I believe we'll be off. Give Satori our regards!"
>Explore the city with Suika for a while; ask around for more location details for Utsuho, Yuugi, Renko, and Maribel.
>And enjoy the sights.
>Density Doorknocker: Keep an eye out for any old friends to butt heads with!
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 12, 2011, 03:35:42 AM
>Shiki: After slamming Reimu into the ground, back away.
>"We don't have time for this, Reimu. I don't have time for this. I tried to stop you here because you have been following my lead and fall under my responsibility while doing so, but the situation is too important to allow something such as this to interfere. We've turned against each other. We have done nothing but wander around looking for clues, and now when we finally have a lead, we become split, fractured. I will not tolerate this. I will not let our efforts so far be ruined by this."
>"I am going to settle the situation with Koishi, and then I am going to find the cause of this 'overlay'. The previous incident can wait until later, as we have an incident on our hands right now. If you are intent on choosing your desire for vengence over your duty to resolve incidents, then this is where we part ways."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 13, 2011, 02:11:32 AM
>Reimu: Bomb.
>You declare Spirit Sign 「Fantasy Seal」. Kanako manages to avoid the light balls since she's quite far from you, but Suwako, who is much closer to you, gets smacked by a light ball while she's surprised.

>Shiki: Back away just enough to avoid the bomb...
>You back away just enough to avoid the bomb, which is too far from Reimu to immediately charge back at her and tackle her down, even at full speed. You charge back in, but Reimu still has time to react to you.

>Armadillo Aggressor: But if she's going to be THAT much of a pain, not to mention borderline suicidal, then fine. Attack the Yama at least enough to get her to back off - or pass out, if she's taken that much of a beating.
>You attack the Yama, but she's too determined to stop this fight to at least look harmed by the bullets.

>As soon as the bomb's done, charge in and tackle Reimu to the ground. Then blast her hard.
>You tackle Reimu to the ground and hammer her with your danmaku.  Shel rolls over to dodge the danmaku, but you knock her down again.

>Shiki: After slamming Reimu into the ground, back away.
>You back away. Reimu gets up.

>"We don't have time for this, Reimu. I don't have time for this. I tried to stop you here because you have been following my lead and fall under my responsibility while doing so, but the situation is too important to allow something such as this to interfere. We've turned against each other. We have done nothing but wander around looking for clues, and now when we finally have a lead, we become split, fractured. I will not tolerate this. I will not let our efforts so far be ruined by this."
>"I am going to settle the situation with Koishi, and then I am going to find the cause of this 'overlay'. The previous incident can wait until later, as we have an incident on our hands right now. If you are intent on choosing your desire for vengeance over your duty to resolve incidents, then this is where we part ways."
>Reimu says "Fine." with just a hint of anger in her voice.
>Kanako flies down to where you are, looks at you for a moment, then down at Reimu. "Will you stop attacking if I explain everything?"

>Eros Eater: "How is it 'rightful' for us to be cursed, Satori? How is it 'rightful' for you to be in that prison, frightened of the people who live around you merely become you think? How is it 'rightful' for us to be feared, hated, or pitied for something entirely out of our control? What is right about this at all? What is better about this, sister? Tell me. What could possibly make this worth living through again, after experiencing the wonders of freedom?"
>"If you interfere with the world, nothing good will come of it. As long Gensokyo Isle existed, there would always be people that realize the world is wrong. Do you even know how that feels?"

>Kitiyut Ranges: "Oh, she did seem rather upset, yes. I think she'd like to know if Utsuho punished them properly for the whole affair. I believe she left to... speak with Kanako and Suwako."
>"And if that's all, then I believe we'll be off. Give Satori our regards!"
>"I suppose that's it, then."

>Explore the city with Suika for a while; ask around for more location details for Utsuho, Yuugi, Renko, and Maribel.
>And enjoy the sights.
>Density Doorknocker: Keep an eye out for any old friends to butt heads with!
>You leave the mansion. Orin calls out "Bye!"
>You both try to enjoy the sights and sounds along the way. Which is, well, not much. Oni are not known for their creativity, so there aren't a lot of interesting landmarks. You both also ask around for Yuugi's location. Most of the oni recognize you (as Suika), so they mostly treat you with respect. As Suika, you unfortunately don't find any old friends. Eventually, you find an oni, a medium-sized old man with bull horns, who does know Yuugi's location.
>"She's in that bar across the street, with her girlfriend and that hell raven nobody's allowed to give drinks to. *hic*"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Hello Purvis on June 13, 2011, 02:33:03 AM
>Superego Sapper: "And if I leave it alone, we remained cursed. What's the problem with this trade?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 13, 2011, 02:41:51 AM
>Superego Sapper: "And if I leave it alone, we remained cursed. What's the problem with this trade?"
>"Satori can at least try to control their interactions like I honestly have never tried before, except by being a shut-in. You can't avoid that feeling you get when you realize the world in wrong, though."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on June 13, 2011, 03:40:02 AM
>Reptile Regulator: "Maybe. This had better be good, Kanako."
>Glare. Where's Suwako?

>Pettan Promoter: "How's she doin', anyway?"
>Would a dish of sake as a gift be a good idea?
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Hello Purvis on June 13, 2011, 03:44:25 AM
>Hindbrain Harrier: "And I have tried it. It doesn't work. And even if it did, would it do anything to change the stigma we bear? Not even a little. People would still be suspicious, they'd still wonder what would happen, they'd still be afraid. I know, and so do you. You've seen the fears that people have of us. And they're right to have it! We both know that too. We invade them, whether either of us like it or not."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 13, 2011, 04:01:05 AM
>Shiki: "You get their explanation, Reimu. I still have another situation to deal with."
>"Yukari, what's the situation with Koishi?"
>If Yukari says anything about privacy: "Just give me a general idea, then."
>After Yukari's explanation: "Right. Okay, Yukari, I think I have a plan, but I'm going to need several gaps in a short period of time. Are you up for that?"
>Assuming she says yes: "Okay. First, I need to know the location of Utsuho Reiuji. Send Yuyuko and Suika to wherever she is."
>If Yukari can't find Utsuho: "Perhaps Yuyuko and Suika have heard something. Ask them, please."
>Assuming that Yukari knows that Yuyuko and Suika are just across the street from Utsuho (or upon hearing through Yukari that Yuyuko and Sukia just heard that she's right across the street): "Excellent. That makes things easier."
>"Okay, here's the deal. Talking to Koishi isn't getting anywhere, but I think I know a way to change this. I want Yuyuko and Suika to ask Utsuho if it is okay for me to take Koishi into her mind. Satori, too, as I'm sure her presence there will alleviate any concerns Utsuho may have about Koishi tampering with her mind-and I, of course, will also ensure that Koishi does no such thing. The purpose of entering Utsuho's mind is to locate Utsuho's memories of the incident, especially anything related to the reason Utsuho was so determined to set things right. I realize this will not cause a sudden change of heart in Koishi, but it will be a step towards that, as it will show her that Utsuho did not act out of a desire for power. I have realized that it will take some time before Koishi is ready to forgive Utsuho, but this will be the start of the process."
>"While Yuyuko and Suika are securing Utsuho's cooperation, I need you to send me back to Koishi and Satori. I'll explain the plan, and assuming everyone agrees to it, I'll need you to send us into Utsuho's mind. We will find the relevant memories, and then we will exit."
>"That's the plan. Please inform Yuyuko and Suika of their role, then open a gap to Satori and Koishi."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 13, 2011, 04:34:53 AM
>Reptile Regulator: "Maybe. This had better be good, Kanako."
>"Very well then, ask the questions, and then I'll answer them."

>Glare. Where's Suwako?
>She's nowhere to be seen oh wait she just appeared right next to you.

>Pettan Promoter: "How's she doin', anyway?"
>"Fine, although I don't get how she can share a girlfriend and not wreck the city while doin' it."

>Would a dish of sake as a gift be a good idea?
>Good idea? Sure. Required? Probably not.

>Hindbrain Harrier: "And I have tried it. It doesn't work. And even if it did, would it do anything to change the stigma we bear? Not even a little. People would still be suspicious, they'd still wonder what would happen, they'd still be afraid. I know, and so do you. You've seen the fears that people have of us. And they're right to have it! We both know that too. We invade them, whether either of us like it or not."
>"You haven't been trying hard enough, then. There are communities made solely of satori out there. Whether you care about what other races think of you, though, that's another story."

>Shiki: "You get their explanation, Reimu. I still have another situation to deal with."
>"Yukari, what's the situation with Koishi?"
>"Koishi wanted privacy."

>If Yukari says anything about privacy: "Just give me a general idea, then."
>"Satori is still discussing this with Koishi in a grove of trees at the base of Youkai Mountain. I have no idea how well it is going for Satori."

>After Yukari's explanation: "Right. Okay, Yukari, I think I have a plan, but I'm going to need several gaps in a short period of time. Are you up for that?"
>"Yes."

>Assuming she says yes: "Okay. First, I need to know the location of Utsuho Reiuji. Send Yuyuko and Suika to wherever she is."
>"Oh, she's at a bar called the Rose and Weasel in the underground city. Yuyuko and Suika are already there."

>Assuming that Yukari knows that Yuyuko and Suika are just across the street from Utsuho (or upon hearing through Yukari that Yuyuko and Suika just heard that she's right across the street): "Excellent. That makes things easier."
>"Okay, here's the deal. Talking to Koishi isn't getting anywhere, but I think I know a way to change this. I want Yuyuko and Suika to ask Utsuho if it is okay for me to take Koishi into her mind. Satori, too, as I'm sure her presence there will alleviate any concerns Utsuho may have about Koishi tampering with her mind-and I, of course, will also ensure that Koishi does no such thing. The purpose of entering Utsuho's mind is to locate Utsuho's memories of the incident, especially anything related to the reason Utsuho was so determined to set things right. I realize this will not cause a sudden change of heart in Koishi, but it will be a step towards that, as it will show her that Utsuho did not act out of a desire for power. I have realized that it will take some time before Koishi is ready to forgive Utsuho, but this will be the start of the process."
>"While Yuyuko and Suika are securing Utsuho's cooperation, I need you to send me back to Koishi and Satori. I'll explain the plan, and assuming everyone agrees to it, I'll need you to send us into Utsuho's mind. We will find the relevant memories, and then we will exit."
>"That's the plan. Please inform Yuyuko and Suika of their role, then open a gap to Satori and Koishi."
>"I shall."
>As Yuyuko, you hear Yukari whisper "After you're done talking with the oni, please find a private place so we can chat for a bit before going in the bar Utsuho's in."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 13, 2011, 04:42:09 AM
>Yuyuko: Leave Suika talking to the oni and wander into an empty alley or something.
>"Okay, I'm alone."
>Shiki: Once the gap is done forming, enter it.
>Reimu: "Right. Start talking. How did you do it? And why?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 13, 2011, 05:22:06 AM
>Yuyuko: Leave Suika talking to the oni and wander into an empty alley or something.
>You leave Suika and walk into a nearby alley.

>"Okay, I'm alone."
>"Good. You see, the Yama came up with a plan to help Koishi realize that Utsuho did not revert the world for selfish reasons. You need to explain to Utsuho the situation and that Shikieiki wants to enter her mind with Koishi and Satori."

>Shiki: Once the gap is done forming, enter it.
>As Koishi, you suddenly detect one of Yukari's gaps. "The Yama would like to see you now."
>You wait as a gap enters for...a minute and a half. Thankfully, you have nearly infinite patience. You enter the gap.
>You find yourself in a forest clearing. You see Youkai Mountain ahead of you.
>But more importantly, you see Koishi and Satori looking at you.
>Koishi says "What do you want? Trying to make sure that your selfish plan is being furthered?"

>Reimu: "Right. Start talking. How did you do it? And why?"
>"Suwako and I are gods. We simply molded out Gensokyo Isle. Koishi was responsible for changing everyone's memories so it would seem that Gensokyo Isle always existed. Suwako and I did it because we wanted to fullfill a lifelong dream of Sanae's."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 13, 2011, 05:53:34 AM
>Reimu: "Oh, yeah? And just what 'desire' would that be?"
>"So you two made Gensokyo Isle and Koishi screwed up everyone's memories. And you expect me to believe that's all there is to it? Sorry, but I'm not that stupid. So you might just want to go ahead and tell me right now: how did you make the change?"
>Shiki: "This is not about me. I want us to determine the truth of something you said. Specifically, you said that Utsuho only changed Gensokyo back for her own sake. There is a way to know whether or not this is true. If you cooperate with me on this, I will not push further on the issue with Utsuho and we can resume our investigation into the overlay."
>"The plan is simple. right now, Yuyuko and Suika should be speaking to Utsuho. Assuming that Utsuho consents, you, Satori, and myself will enter her mind and locate her memories of the Gensokyo Isle incident. This will tell us beyond a doubt what her motives were for changing Gensokyo back. And as I said, once we have seen those memories, I will drop the issue, and I will also stand against Reimu should she move against you in any way."
>Yuyuko: "Does she? That's great! Okay, I'll do that."
>Return to Suika.
>"I'm heading in. You want to keep talking with your friend or come in with me?"
>Suika: "Yuugi's in there, right? Yeah, let's go."
Yuyuko/Suika: Enter the tavern.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 13, 2011, 08:41:47 PM
>Reimu: "Oh, yeah? And just what 'desire' would that be?"
>"She always wanted to pilot a jet."

>"So you two made Gensokyo Isle and Koishi screwed up everyone's memories. And you expect me to believe that's all there is to it? Sorry, but I'm not that stupid. So you might just want to go ahead and tell me right now: how did you make the change?"
>"What did my explanation not explain?"

>Shiki: "This is not about me. I want us to determine the truth of something you said. Specifically, you said that Utsuho only changed Gensokyo back for her own sake. There is a way to know whether or not this is true. If you cooperate with me on this, I will not push further on the issue with Utsuho and we can resume our investigation into the overlay."
>"The plan is simple. right now, Yuyuko and Suika should be speaking to Utsuho. Assuming that Utsuho consents, you, Satori, and myself will enter her mind and locate her memories of the Gensokyo Isle incident. This will tell us beyond a doubt what her motives were for changing Gensokyo back. And as I said, once we have seen those memories, I will drop the issue, and I will also stand against Reimu should she move against you in any way."
>"Do you think I want to associate with you anymore?"

>Yuyuko: "Does she? That's great! Okay, I'll do that."
>"Thank you, Yuyuko."

>Return to Suika.
>You return to Suika, who's still taking with the oni from earlier.

>"I'm heading in. You want to keep talking with your friend or come in with me?"
>Suika: "Yuugi's in there, right? Yeah, let's go."
Yuyuko/Suika: Enter the tavern.
>You both head into the tavern. It isn't terribly crowded in here. You see Yuugi sitting at a table to your right with a girl with wings, a cape, and a red eye on her chest and another girl with green eyes and very strange clothes.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 14, 2011, 01:44:34 AM
>Shiki: "For the same reasons you decided to come with me in the first place. Those concerns still exist. And as I said, I will put this issue behind us, and I will ensure that the others know not to bring it up."
>"And here's something else to consider, Koishi. The voice pushed for you to forgive Utsuho, something I went along with only because I also felt that you should do such a thing. But look where that got us. We're all split up, you're in a bad way, Reimu's on the warpath-I actually just finished a battle against her-and there's substantial hostility, especially from Reimu. This is tearing the group apart, and what if that was the voice's intent? To set us against each other? I, for one, am not going to allow that to happen. So we are going to enter Utsuho's mind, assuming she agrees, and we are going to see for certain why she did what she did. That question is what initially set you against me, so we will end this by finding the answer. And then we wil move on. I will not mention the issue again, and I will ensure that none of the others do, either. And I will ensure that no harm comes to you, whether it be from the voice, Reimu, or someone else. Remember, Koishi, that you are a target of this voice. Simply deciding not to come with me will not remove you from this; it will simply return you to the danger you were in before joining us. If you do not want the topic of Utsuho or your actions in the Gensokyo Isle incident to be brought up, it will not be mentioned."
>Koishi: "...Fine. I'll proove I'm right."
>Look at Satori.
>"And once I do, I don't want to hear anything more about how she did the right thing, or about how this world is better, or anything like that. You'll see that I'm right, and you'll have no choice but to admit that I am and that Utsuho deserved everything I said."

>Yuyuko/Suika: Head over to Yuugi's table.
>Suika: "Hey, Yuugi!"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Hello Purvis on June 14, 2011, 01:47:00 AM
Ignore what Guy said

>Cortex Crusher: "Oh, communities of people who can't even be together for the weight of each other's thoughts. Societies of recluses that have to hide their very existence from a world that would fear and despise them. What heaven. Are you really arguing that is preferable to freedom, sister? Are you saying you would rather have that to the paradise we had before?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 14, 2011, 02:04:10 AM
Um, it's kind of past the point where that's much of an option. Koishi's already responded to Shiki, so you can't really just pretend that she's not there at this point.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Hello Purvis on June 14, 2011, 02:20:08 AM
Yeah. Koishi has no reason to respond to the Yama at all; she declared this very plainly. She has no interest in reconciling with Utsuho, as she cannot forgive her for what she did.  She isn't going to be interested in this or in dealing with someone she regards as just treating her like a grunt who follows orders by this point. As such, she'll pretty much ignore the Yama entirely.

But your right, I did forget to put in that bit.

>Stop paying any mind to the Yama at this point.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 14, 2011, 02:27:00 AM
>"Do you think I want to associate with you anymore?"

Koishi has already responded. And you really seem to be pulling a lot of this out of nowhere, and it's not at all helpful; it almost feels like you're deliberately sabotaging things.

>Do not ignore what I had Shiki say (or the commands for Yuyuko and Suika), but do use Purvis's commands for Koishi in place of mine.
>Shiki: Damn, she isn't leaving us any choice. We really didn't want to do this, but this is too important. We have to break Koishi out of this 'everyone else is evil' mode she seems determined to get herself stuck in. We can do pennance afterwards.
>Approach Koishi and punch her in the face.
>"You cut this bullshit out right the hell now!"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Hello Purvis on June 14, 2011, 02:30:20 AM
>Koishi: Can we read this intention? If so, move away from and laugh. "Are you sure you should be doing that, Yama?"
>If not, well, chance are we aren't used to reading people physically, so probably it'll catch us pretty off guard.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 14, 2011, 02:33:46 AM
She can probably get underlying feelings (which here would be determination, not hostility; Shiki's doing this because something has to be done and nothing else is working), but no, I don't think she can actually tell what Shiki's going to do. Satori might be able to, though, so:

>Shiki: Avoid Satori if necessary.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on June 14, 2011, 02:58:28 AM
Oh hey, fanshitting! Also Shiki acting wildly out of character. When does a Yama ever lose their cool?

>Graian Yuyups: What do the three lovebirds seem to be doing?
>Koni: What's oni etiquette for this sort of situation? Butting in on lovers or whatever else?

>Testudines Transistor: "The hell's a jet, and why did that require you to mess with all of Gensokyo to do that?"
>"And I want more detail about what happened and how. That doesn't sound like something you could pull off so easily - even with Koishi. What are you not telling me?"
>Keep an eye on Suwako. Why isn't she talking?
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 14, 2011, 03:04:56 AM
Shiki's not losing her cool; it's a deliberate action.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Hello Purvis on June 14, 2011, 03:35:10 AM
That's actually worse and very out of character. I won't change it, but be aware it will screw things up pretty badly in ways that should be obvious if you've paid much attention to the story.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 14, 2011, 03:57:05 AM
I don't think it's out of character, but whatever.

And really, Purvis? You're worried that I'm going to screw things up? I guess that's your job, isn't it?
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Hello Purvis on June 14, 2011, 04:00:33 AM
I'll thank you not to make personal comments, first of all. If you cannot be civil, please do not post at all.

As for in character, I'm not sure how Eiki coldcocking people for not agreeing with her is in character. However, it does play right into the voice's hands of not really believing in what she says that she does.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 14, 2011, 04:12:31 AM
Right. Um, I guess this needs to be settled, then, because ever since the matter of the Gensokyo Isle incident came up, I've felt like I've been playing against you, and I'm pretty sure that's not how this is supposed to work. There's also the fact that you seem to think only you are allowed to do anything with Koishi, given that you say to cancel almost everything I have her say or do. I don't care if this is taking your quests as canon; this Koishi is not the same one that's in your quests, and you do not have sole right to determine her character. Anyone is allowed input. This Koishi is not going to be the same as the one in your quests, and I'm sorry, but that's just something you're going to have to deal with. Telling me you think something is out of character is just fine; canceling something I say only because you want to do it differently is not. If there's a real dispute, like when I first wanted to have Shiki speak with the voice, we discuss it and come to an agreement, as we did then.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Hello Purvis on June 14, 2011, 04:30:33 AM
You're ignoring what I said about that: Koishi's motivations, and her reactions to such, would have to be the same. Otherwise, she would not have done it. And, you pretty flagrantly ignore those, which is why I find it necessary to redact your actions with her. As for playing "against" me, do remember that Mus and I were playing this long before you came in, so really it's more like you're working against what we setup. I remember Kilga making a comment in Iku Quest to the tune of "if you're not following her character, you're not playing Iku Quest, you're playing lightning-powered OC Quest" It's largely the same here. You're not really keeping in mind Koishi's motivations or character when you post for her, and you are doing the same with Shiki now, again. But, this one I'll let go through, but you understand that having her flagrantly break her morals and attacking someone physically, who has done no physical harm, without any real announcement is just going to play against her in regards to the voice. As well, she's probably smart enough to know how Koishi could use that against her, so I'm not certain why it's a good idea at all?
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 14, 2011, 04:43:45 AM
Because what's happening now, which is largely due to what you've done with Koishi, doesn't leave many other options. And I think Shiki would be willing to commit at least a more minor sin if she thought it was a necessary action in order to do good (obviously, our interpretations of Shiki's character differ).

Also, you might want to take a look at Sanae's character in Parsee Quest compared to how she's being played in Sanae Quest. There's something of a difference there, and it's a perfect example of what I'm talking about.

Anyways, whatever. If you want to keep playing Koishi as you have been, then I'll just stick to Shiki.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 14, 2011, 05:12:26 AM
>Cortex Crusher: "Oh, communities of people who can't even be together for the weight of each other's thoughts. Societies of recluses that have to hide their very existence from a world that would fear and despise them. What heaven. Are you really arguing that is preferable to freedom, sister? Are you saying you would rather have that to the paradise we had before?"
>"Admittedly, I wasn't thinking that hard when I mentioned those. Anyways, has it ever occurred to you to go out and make friends instead of being too scared to open up because of your fear of being feared and hated?"

>Stop paying any mind to the Yama at this point.
>Apologies for forgetting that Koishi does not want to talk to Eiki on my previous posts.

>Shiki: Damn, she isn't leaving us any choice. We really didn't want to do this, but this is too important. We have to break Koishi out of this 'everyone else is evil' mode she seems determined to get herself stuck in. We can do penance afterwards.
>Approach Koishi and punch her in the face.
>You punch Koishi in the face to make her get a hold of herself, man.

>If not, well, chance are we aren't used to reading people physically, so probably it'll catch us pretty off guard.
>You are caught off guard.

>"You cut this bullshit out right the hell now!"
>Koishi looks visibly shocked and...amused? Satori looks incredibly surprised, but then changes to a serious look and says "Do what you need to do."

>Yuyuko/Suika: Head over to Yuugi's table.
>Suika: "Hey, Yuugi!"
>"Oh? Huh, it's Suika. What're you doin' in the Underground again?"
>The hell raven asks "Who's this?"
>"Oh, it's just Suika Ibuki, a fellow Deva of the Mountain and...who are you?"

>Graian Yuyups: What do the three lovebirds seem to be doing?
>They seem to be drinking, really. Except the hell raven. Yuugi has already downed several cups of sake.

>Koni: What's oni etiquette for this sort of situation? Butting in on lovers or whatever else?
>Oni tend to be lax on a lot of things. This is included. However, you don't want to be around when they get rather...intimate.

>Testudines Transistor: "The hell's a jet, and why did that require you to mess with all of Gensokyo to do that?"
>"A jet is a type of vehicle used to fly around in the air. Yes, Sanae already knows how to fly, but she wanted the special feeling when they pilot a jet. Unfortunately, those only exist in the Outside World."
>Suwako says "I'm pretty sure that's the only reason. You're gonna start attacking us again, aren't you...?"

>"And I want more detail about what happened and how. That doesn't sound like something you could pull off so easily - even with Koishi. What are you not telling me?"
>"Trust me, that wasn't easy at all."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 14, 2011, 05:42:29 AM
>Yuyuko: "Yuyuko Saigyouji. Nice to meet you."
>Let Suika and Yuugi talk. Approach the hell raven.
>"Hey, are you Utsuho?"
>"Okay, I think this is kind of urgent, so I'll get straight to the point. Satori and the Yama are trying to convince Koishi that you're not a traitor, but I guess it's not going well. Shiki wants to take them into your head-Yukari can do that, you know-in order to proove that Koishi's wrong, but she wants your permission first."
>"Also, I don't think you have to worry about koishi messing with your mind, not with both the Yama and Satori there."

>Shiki: "I will not tolerate this! We're trying to help you, but if you're determined not to let us, then I'm just wasting my time. So here's what's going to happen. We're goint to enter Utsuho's mind whether you like it or not, and we're going to find out for certain what her motivations were. And then you can make a choice. I think you should remain with me, but if you're so determined to hate me, then feel free to go your own way. But know this: if you end up alone, it will be your fault. You are pushing me away, pushing Utsuho away, pushing even your own sister away. You may be blaming us for it, but it is your own doing."
>We won't just leave her completely isolated, though; she may still be important. We can have Yukari watch her.
>"Yukari, do we have permission from Utsuho?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on June 14, 2011, 06:06:21 AM
Guy, it's also worth noting that nearly from the start it's been heavily implied that this is effectively the same world as Purvis' quests, aside from the influences of the 'voice' that got the whole mess started...

>Tsurupettan Troubadour: "Jus' tagging along, mostly. Want a refill?" Brandish gourd.

>Genji Grappler: "Okay, and so rather than trying to recreate that in Gensokyo, you decide to bring down the entire border, rewrite everyone's memories, and avoid explaining how. I should really be giving Shiki a break, but you two are still seriously trying my patience."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Hello Purvis on June 14, 2011, 02:01:06 PM
>Pituitary Punisher: Laugh. Laugh like she told a wonderful joke while picking self up.
>"You don't give a single damn about me, Yama. Who are you trying to fool? If you cared about me, you wouldn't have forced this without my desires. If you cared about me, you wouldn't have assumed I'm wrong just because I bucked your precious status quo. If you cared about me, you would have respected my desire for privacy. If you cared at all about me, you would have left this alone rather tearing open my wounds yet again! But instead, because you can't deny the correctness of my cause, you assault me. I suppose I should give you some credit for doing so in front of everyone rather than trying to hide it from everyone."
>Derisive snort.
>"You don't care one whit for me, and barely care about anyone. You wonder how that voice could have possibly defeated you? Stop and look at what a horrible person you are! Look at how you treat us! I'm 'supposed' to forgive Utsuho for cursing me and my people again, and you don't care how I actually feel about it. Yukari's supposed to make portals, and who cares what it might be doing for her. Reimu's there to intimidate people and give your little war an aura of legitimacy, and who cares what she actually wants when she goes to deal with the Moriya shrine? Look at you, Yama. Look at what you've fallen to. And you can't figure out how the voice separated you from your ideals? You never believed in them in the first place! The moment they're tested, look what you become. I only hope your replacement is more genuine in her ideals than you. You're not a Yama, you're just a hypocrite. Do everyone a favor: fade into the background and bother them no more. You'll never stand against that voice, it knows you too well."

Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 14, 2011, 03:17:46 PM
>Shiki: "I have held the title of Yama for over two thousand years. This is hardly the first time I have been accused of hypocrisy. And this is also not the first time that I have seen someone revert to the level of a child. You're not mad at me because you truly think I'm a hypocrite; you're mad because I'm saying you're wrong. You claim I don't care simply because I've taken a position contrary to yours. Well, consider this: I first sought you out because the voice said it intended to harm you. And even now, even when you are determined to push everyone else away, I do not intend to just leave you for it-I will be asking Yukari to keep watch and alert me if you are in danger."
>"That being said, I did indeed make a mistake. The voice wanted you to forgive Utsuho, and attempting to move in that direction led to this point. I did not see how you forgiving Utsuho could serve its ends; now I do. It has driven you apart from us. I can only assume that this was the voice's intent, and I fell for it."
>"The voice also wants the overlay stopped, and the problem is that stopping it is likely in Gensokyo's best interest, but doing so obviously serves the voice's ends in some way. I do intend to investigate further into the overlay, but with a different objective in mind. I want to know why the voice wants it stopped. That is what I intend to look into once we're done here."
>If Utsuho has agreed: "Open the gap, please, Yukari."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Hello Purvis on June 14, 2011, 04:19:23 PM
>Cortex Copper: "You use me and others around you, you betray you own ideals, you attack me because you can't refute me, and I'm the child. Typical. And you even frame this whole issue in terms of yourself against the voice. Again, my own desires, nor anyone else's, mean nothing to you except for what they would gain you. And it's cute that you call me wrong from your position of privilege, how easy it is for you to pass judgment on me when you can ignore the curse that we have to live under. You're a bigger fool than Utsuho was; at least she has the excuse of not being particularly educated in these kinds of things. So I'm wrong? Prove it! Refute what I've said with your words rather than tantrums, manipulation, and violence!
>Shake head.
> "It seems you've never actually had to live by the ideas you act like you represent, given how quickly you betrayed them. If you've been a yama for two thousand years, then it just shows the heavens have been seriously flawed for at least two thousand years. Then again, I've known the heavens were flawed my whole life, I was born a satori."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 14, 2011, 06:07:26 PM
>Shiki: "I intend to prove it, but I don't think it is possible to do so to your satisfaction. What you are asking for will take a fair amount of time, but I expect that you will not be satisfied with anything less than an immediate proof, which, unfortunately, there is no way to give. And in the end, what others think of my motives isn't the most important thing, for I know why I do what I do, and it is not for my own benefit. Some people need others to agree with them-you seem to be leaning in that direction-but I am content with knowing that I'm doing the right thing. Also, I might mention that I did not attack you out of malice. I attacked you because you were intent on ignoring me, so I needed to do something you could not ignore. It was solely to get your attention, and I regret its necessity."
>"All that being said, there is one thing I can prove to you right now, and that is why we are going to enter Utsuho's mind. And then, as i said, I will leave you be if that is what you desire. You have my word on that, and if you won't accept my word, I'm sure your sister can confirm my honesty."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Hello Purvis on June 14, 2011, 06:28:29 PM
>Id Inundator: "Oh how convenient!"
>Adopt a mocking approximation of Eiki's tone.
>"I don't have to explain anything I do because I automatically know I'm right and your wrong and I don't care what you think~ What's that? Inconsistency? Hypocrisy? No, those happen to other people, I'm perfect so I don't have to justify anything ever~ Wait why can't I overcome this voice that's made me ask questions?"
>Normal tones again.
>"Pathetic. Keep running away, little Eiki, and wonder all the while why you can't win. Frankly, I hope that voice does destroy you. I would then hope you'd be reborn as a satori, but it's pretty obvious you don't have the karma even for that. Just disappear, and bother the rest of the world no more. All that privilege is done is rot your brain."
>"And don't waste others' time with Utsuho. I was there. She knew full well what she was doing to us, and she didn't care."
>Look to the others. "Listen to what she's said, and pay attention to what she's done. She's not treating you any differently. Get away from her before she turns on you, too."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 14, 2011, 06:32:05 PM
>Yuyuko: "Yuyuko Saigyouji. Nice to meet you."
>"Yuugi Hoshiguma. Nice to meet you."

>Let Suika and Yuugi talk. Approach the hell raven.
>You approach the hell raven.

>"Hey, are you Utsuho?"
>"Yes. So?"

>"Okay, I think this is kind of urgent, so I'll get straight to the point. Satori and the Yama are trying to convince Koishi that you're not a traitor, but I guess it's not going well. Shiki wants to take them into your head-Yukari can do that, you know-in order to prove that Koishi's wrong, but she wants your permission first."
>"Also, I don't think you have to worry about Koishi messing with your mind, not with both the Yama and Satori there."
>She grows more and more surprised as you explain the situation. "What?! Wait, who's Yukari?"

>Tsurupettan Troubadour: "Jus' tagging along, mostly. Want a refill?" Brandish gourd.
>"Sure."

>Genji Grappler: "Okay, and so rather than trying to recreate that in Gensokyo, you decide to bring down the entire border, rewrite everyone's memories, and avoid explaining how. I should really be giving Shiki a break, but you two are still seriously trying my patience."
>Suwako says "We know that you're being seriously annoyed. Unfortunately, that's as much explanation as we can give you."

>Shiki: "I will not tolerate this! We're trying to help you, but if you're determined not to let us, then I'm just wasting my time. So here's what's going to happen. We're going to enter Utsuho's mind whether you like it or not, and we're going to find out for certain what her motivations were. And then you can make a choice. I think you should remain with me, but if you're so determined to hate me, then feel free to go your own way. But know this: if you end up alone, it will be your fault. You are pushing me away, pushing Utsuho away, pushing even your own sister away. You may be blaming us for it, but it is your own doing."
>We won't just leave her completely isolated, though; she may still be important. We can have Yukari watch her.
>"Yukari, do we have permission from Utsuho?"
>"Not yet. Utsuho's still reacting to the news Yuyuko told her."

>Pituitary Punisher: Laugh. Laugh like she told a wonderful joke while picking self up.
>"You don't give a single damn about me, Yama. Who are you trying to fool? If you cared about me, you wouldn't have forced this without my desires. If you cared about me, you wouldn't have assumed I'm wrong just because I bucked your precious status quo. If you cared about me, you would have respected my desire for privacy. If you cared at all about me, you would have left this alone rather tearing open my wounds yet again! But instead, because you can't deny the correctness of my cause, you assault me. I suppose I should give you some credit for doing so in front of everyone rather than trying to hide it from everyone."
>Derisive snort.
>"You don't care one whit for me, and barely care about anyone. You wonder how that voice could have possibly defeated you? Stop and look at what a horrible person you are! Look at how you treat us! I'm 'supposed' to forgive Utsuho for cursing me and my people again, and you don't care how I actually feel about it. Yukari's supposed to make portals, and who cares what it might be doing for her. Reimu's there to intimidate people and give your little war an aura of legitimacy, and who cares what she actually wants when she goes to deal with the Moriya shrine? Look at you, Yama. Look at what you've fallen to. And you can't figure out how the voice separated you from your ideals? You never believed in them in the first place! The moment they're tested, look what you become. I only hope your replacement is more genuine in her ideals than you. You're not a Yama, you're just a hypocrite. Do everyone a favor: fade into the background and bother them no more. You'll never stand against that voice, it knows you too well."
>Shiki: "I have held the title of Yama for over two thousand years. This is hardly the first time I have been accused of hypocrisy. And this is also not the first time that I have seen someone revert to the level of a child. You're not mad at me because you truly think I'm a hypocrite; you're mad because I'm saying you're wrong. You claim I don't care simply because I've taken a position contrary to yours. Well, consider this: I first sought you out because the voice said it intended to harm you. And even now, even when you are determined to push everyone else away, I do not intend to just leave you for it-I will be asking Yukari to keep watch and alert me if you are in danger."
>"That being said, I did indeed make a mistake. The voice wanted you to forgive Utsuho, and attempting to move in that direction led to this point. I did not see how you forgiving Utsuho could serve its ends; now I do. It has driven you apart from us. I can only assume that this was the voice's intent, and I fell for it."
>"The voice also wants the overlay stopped, and the problem is that stopping it is likely in Gensokyo's best interest, but doing so obviously serves the voice's ends in some way. I do intend to investigate further into the overlay, but with a different objective in mind. I want to know why the voice wants it stopped. That is what I intend to look into once we're done here."
>Cortex Copper: "You use me and others around you, you betray you own ideals, you attack me because you can't refute me, and I'm the child. Typical. And you even frame this whole issue in terms of yourself against the voice. Again, my own desires, nor anyone else's, mean nothing to you except for what they would gain you. And it's cute that you call me wrong from your position of privilege, how easy it is for you to pass judgment on me when you can ignore the curse that we have to live under. You're a bigger fool than Utsuho was; at least she has the excuse of not being particularly educated in these kinds of things. So I'm wrong? Prove it! Refute what I've said with your words rather than tantrums, manipulation, and violence!
>Shake head.
> "It seems you've never actually had to live by the ideas you act like you represent, given how quickly you betrayed them. If you've been a yama for two thousand years, then it just shows the heavens have been seriously flawed for at least two thousand years. Then again, I've known the heavens were flawed my whole life, I was born a satori."
>Shiki: "I intend to prove it, but I don't think it is possible to do so to your satisfaction. What you are asking for will take a fair amount of time, but I expect that you will not be satisfied with anything less than an immediate proof, which, unfortunately, there is no way to give. And in the end, what others think of my motives isn't the most important thing, for I know why I do what I do, and it is not for my own benefit. Some people need others to agree with them-you seem to be leaning in that direction-but I am content with knowing that I'm doing the right thing. Also, I might mention that I did not attack you out of malice. I attacked you because you were intent on ignoring me, so I needed to do something you could not ignore. It was solely to get your attention, and I regret its necessity."
>"All that being said, there is one thing I can prove to you right now, and that is why we are going to enter Utsuho's mind. And then, as i said, I will leave you be if that is what you desire. You have my word on that, and if you won't accept my word, I'm sure your sister can confirm my honesty."
>Id Inundator: "Oh how convenient!"
>Adopt a mocking approximation of Eiki's tone.
>"I don't have to explain anything I do because I automatically know I'm right and you're wrong and I don't care what you think~ What's that? Inconsistency? Hypocrisy? No, those happen to other people, I'm perfect so I don't have to justify anything ever~ Wait why can't I overcome this voice that's made me ask questions?"
>Normal tones again.
>"Pathetic. Keep running away, little Eiki, and wonder all the while why you can't win. Frankly, I hope that voice does destroy you. I would then hope you'd be reborn as a satori, but it's pretty obvious you don't have the karma even for that. Just disappear, and bother the rest of the world no more. All that privilege is done is rot your brain."
>"And don't waste others' time with Utsuho. I was there. She knew full well what she was doing to us, and she didn't care."
>Look to the others. "Listen to what she's said, and pay attention to what she's done. She's not treating you any differently. Get away from her before she turns on you, too."
>Satori says "I believe I'll have to handle this. She might not listen to you, but she might listen to her own sister."
>"Oh, so you're accusing the Yama of being selfish, hypocrite? You keep claiming that she serves no one but herself, but you've failed to look even at yourself. You use others around you and you use me as an excuse, you ignore other people's desires, you mock the Yama while not realizing you have shortcomings, and you exaggerate the effects of your supposed 'curse.' Since when did you ever care about the gods you helped out? They were just pawns in your plan to change Gensokyo Isle. And so am I. You were just using me as an excuse to go through with Gensokyo Isle. You wanted to get rid of your own status as a satori, so you attempted to justify it. And what would everybody else think about your desires? They wouldn't want to lose their very own memories and lives! Do you even know how Utsuho felt when she realize that Gensokyo Isle was not as it seemed? She was terrified. Absolutely terrified. She thought she was losing her mind! She felt she was going insane! It was as if she was a stranger on another planet! And you dare to say that you're the only one with problems here? Of course, you wouldn't care anyways. You don't give a damn or a shit about anyone else, you selfish brat. You couldn't possibly care about what happens to others, as long as you got rid of your own pain! Also, you've said that the Yama believes she's right and your wrong and that you can't possibly be right- well, you believe you're right and she's wrong and that she can't possibly be right. You claim that the Yama is a hypocrite while you're a hypocrite yourself! And you're too scared to actually resist the curse, go out, and befriend people. You think people's hearts are too weak to look past being a satori. Well, people are emotionally stronger than you think. WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!"
>Satori breathes heavily.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 14, 2011, 06:41:45 PM
>Yuyuko: "Oh, you don't know who Yukari is? Um, well, she's a youkai with power over boundries, and she's helping us out. And right now, that means proving to Koishi that you're not a traitor. To do that, we're going to show her your memories of the Gensokyo Isle incident. Will you allow us to do so?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 14, 2011, 06:45:36 PM
>Yuyuko: "Oh, you don't know who Yukari is? Um, well, she's a youkai with power over boundraies, and she's helping us out. And right now, that means proving to Koishi that you're not a traitor. To do that, we're going to show her your memories of the Gensokyo Isle incident. Will you allow us to do so?"
>"Err...yes. I don't want Koishi to condemn me anymore."
>The blonde girl with the strange dress says "What're you talking about?"
>Utsuho responds "Something important about Koishi."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 14, 2011, 07:01:05 PM
>Yuyuko: "Thank you. Yukari, let Shiki know."

>Shiki: Once Yukari confirms that Utsuho has given permission: "Excellent. Open the gap, please."
>"Also, you might want to tell Yuyuko to let Utsuho know that this is just one step in what's likely to be a long process, so she shouldn't expect immediate results."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Hello Purvis on June 14, 2011, 07:22:44 PM
>Id Extractor: "You're trying to convince yourself, sister. You say these things, then look how you live. Look how we all live. Look at the things you can't allow yourself to do. There's no pride in being struck with our curse. Just hate, fear, and pity. That's our lot."
>Shake head.
>"And no, sister, you're wrong about her and I. She uses people to have herself returned to power. She's just trying to restore normalcy. I, on the other hand, tried to heal things. I saved us from our curse, I gave people things they desired, all the tools they needed to be happy. And they were, Satori. Without any further impetus from me or anyone. As for Utsuho...I've looked into that little incident, and you may wish to direct your displeasure about that to the gods. It was nothing intrinsic to the island that did that to her. And yes, I do care. if I didn't care, would I waste my time trying to help you see the reality of the situation despite the yama's manipulations? Would I be here at all? Would I have bothered to justify myself to anyone, as she claims to be exempt from? No. Don't confuse me with her. I tried to uplift, she serves only herself."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 14, 2011, 08:16:13 PM
>Yuyuko: "Thank you. Yukari, let Shiki know."
>"Right."
>As Eiki, you hear Yukari whisper in your ear "Utsuho has given permission."

>Shiki: Once Yukari confirms that Utsuho has given permission: "Excellent. Open the gap, please."
>"Understood."
>She opens the gap while you wait for Koishi to react to Satori's angry spiel.

>"Also, you might want to tell Yuyuko to let Utsuho know that this is just one step in what's likely to be a long process, so she shouldn't expect immediate results."
>As Yuyuko, you hear Yukari whisper "You should tell Utsuho that this is just a part of the long process that is getting Koishi to forgive her."

>Id Extractor: "You're trying to convince yourself, sister. You say these things, then look how you live. Look how we all live. Look at the things you can't allow yourself to do. There's no pride in being struck with our curse. Just hate, fear, and pity. That's our lot."
>Shake head.
>"And no, sister, you're wrong about her and I. She uses people to have herself returned to power. She's just trying to restore normalcy. I, on the other hand, tried to heal things. I saved us from our curse, I gave people things they desired, all the tools they needed to be happy. And they were, Satori. Without any further impetus from me or anyone. As for Utsuho...I've looked into that little incident, and you may wish to direct your displeasure about that to the gods. It was nothing intrinsic to the island that did that to her. And yes, I do care. if I didn't care, would I waste my time trying to help you see the reality of the situation despite the yama's manipulations? Would I be here at all? Would I have bothered to justify myself to anyone, as she claims to be exempt from? No. Don't confuse me with her. I tried to uplift, she serves only herself."
>"There might be no pride that comes with being a satori, but it's a fact of life you'll have to live with, and trying to close your third eye or make a new world to get rid of it is just running away. You use and manipulate people to get rid of your curse. You say you gave people things they desired, but you're either probably lying through your teeth or gave them what they wanted to justify yourself rather than out of any actual caring for them. And do you realize that as long as the Yama can't do her job, the souls she judges are destined to remain forever in front of the Sanzu River without progressing through the afterlife and the cycles of reincarnation? Not to mention that the flow of souls was interrupted by the creation of Gensokyo Isle in the first place. But you couldn't possibly care about them. Okuu's reaction to finding out the world was wrong might not have been intrinsic to the island, but the fact remains that it wouldn't have happened if things were left the way they are. The pain she felt is just as bad as how you feel about the curse, but you say that your problems matter more because of your selfishness. You aren't as different from the morally degenerate Yama you say she is as you think you are."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Hello Purvis on June 14, 2011, 08:36:59 PM
>Superego Stabber: "No pride, no community, no respect. The things we have denied to us by what we are can fill as many lists as you like. And why should I live with it, sister? Why should I be content to be doomed to such a thing? Who said we should have to endure it, and what makes it right that we do, sister? The answer is nothing. And you don't see the contradiction in what you just said? You say I tried to help because I didn't care? If I didn't care, I wouldn't have done anything for them at all, or anything for you. You're trying to demonize me, sister, because you don't want to believe what Utsuho did to us was wrong. You would turn your back on me to keep your faith in her. Is this really want you want?
>Shake head.
>"I don't think you would be able to forgive yourself if you did."
>"As for the afterlife, it's been around before there was a Gensokyo, and it'll be there after Gensokyo. It's not so immutable that it can't adapt to those kinds of changes. As for this fake Yama, she herself said she's head the role for two thousand years. There's been more years than that. She can be replaced, and I can only hope she is. And, why are you blaming me for what happened to Utsuho, when I didn't do it to begin with? Blame the person who actually did it; it was her decision, not mine."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 14, 2011, 09:30:17 PM
>Superego Stabber: "No pride, no community, no respect. The things we have denied to us by what we are can fill as many lists as you like. And why should I live with it, sister? Why should I be content to be doomed to such a thing? Who said we should have to endure it, and what makes it right that we do, sister? The answer is nothing. And you don't see the contradiction in what you just said? You say I tried to help because I didn't care? If I didn't care, I wouldn't have done anything for them at all, or anything for you. You're trying to demonize me, sister, because you don't want to believe what Utsuho did to us was wrong. You would turn your back on me to keep your faith in her. Is this really want you want?
>Shake head.
>"I don't think you would be able to forgive yourself if you did."
>"I never said you helped because you didn't care. You helped in spite of not caring. You just wanted to worm your way out of your own situation."
>Satori shakes her own head.
>"Unfortunately, it's not Okuu who has the serious emotional problems. It's you."

>"As for the afterlife, it's been around before there was a Gensokyo, and it'll be there after Gensokyo. It's not so immutable that it can't adapt to those kinds of changes. As for this fake Yama, she herself said she's head the role for two thousand years. There's been more years than that. She can be replaced, and I can only hope she is. And, why are you blaming me for what happened to Utsuho, when I didn't do it to begin with? Blame the person who actually did it; it was her decision, not mine."
>"I'm afraid that even if she is replaced, that voice will attack the replacement and they'll still fall short of your standards. And I never blamed you for Utsuho. I do want you to acknowledge that people other than you have problems as well."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 14, 2011, 09:47:56 PM
>Shiki: Once the gap forms, get Koishi through it, then enter it ourselves along with Satori.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 14, 2011, 09:56:09 PM
>Shiki: Once the gap forms, get Koishi through it, then enter it ourselves along with Satori.
>"If you're gonna force Koishi in, she's gonna use that against you."
>The gap has completely formed, so you grab Koishi and put her through it and walk in. Satori follows you in.
>Compared to the other minds you entered, this mind is...exactly the same. Aside from the differing memories and the obvious lack of a gap.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Hello Purvis on June 14, 2011, 09:57:07 PM
>If touched by the Yama, blast her with all the danmakus we got. No going quietly!
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 14, 2011, 10:05:46 PM
>Shiki: Slap Koishi to get her to stop shooting.
>"No danmaku while we're in here."
>"Satori, you're the mental expert. Can you help me find the memories we're looking for?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Hello Purvis on June 14, 2011, 10:10:13 PM
I was actually kinda making a reply to Satori while that happened; she wouldn't have gotten forced in there to begin with. The moment she was grabbed, firing would begin.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 14, 2011, 10:14:06 PM
>If touched by the Yama, blast her with all the danmakus we got. No going quietly!
>You unleash as much danmaku wrath as you can unleash in a second, and then...

>Shiki: Slap Koishi to get her to stop shooting.
>...you get slapped.
>"You know, you're just undermining yourself in Koishi's eyes even more. That was a terrible idea."

>"No danmaku while we're in here."
>Koishi does not reply, but glares at you.

>"Satori, you're the mental expert. Can you help me find the memories we're looking for?"
>"Usually only the person who this mind in can call up memories...but I'm a satori, so I should be able to do so."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Hello Purvis on June 14, 2011, 10:26:05 PM
>Egoist: "Keep hitting me, see how much it changes the truth. I was talking to my sister. Not that things such as conversing in order to arrive at a correct conclusion mean anything to the likes of you."
>Is the gap still there? If so, leave at once.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 14, 2011, 10:55:12 PM
>Egoist: "Keep hitting me, see how much it changes the truth. I was talking to my sister. Not that things such as conversing in order to arrive at a correct conclusion mean anything to the likes of you."
>Satori sighs, then says "Admittedly, your definition of 'correct' is 'Anything that I think is right.' Of course, you're likely going to retort that it's also the Yama's definition."

>Is the gap still there? If so, leave at once.
>The gap is no longer there.

>Satori says "Anyways..." You see a ball of memories flying towards Satori. It stops in front of her.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Hello Purvis on June 14, 2011, 11:00:19 PM
>Id Infiltrator: "That's something for us to discuss. As opposed to striking people and forcing them and hoping they won't notice. So no, I don't think we compare at all."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 14, 2011, 11:13:51 PM
>Id Infiltrator: "That's something for us to discuss. As opposed to striking people and forcing them and hoping they won't notice. So no, I don't think we compare at all."
>"That's only a minor difference. Anyways, this memory says...'You awoke a few days ago with a profound sense of alienation, and the conviction that everything you know is wrong. It frightened you like nothing you've ever experienced. For nearly an hour, you laid in bed, almost to tears from the absolute terror that you were losing your mind.' Shall I continue?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Hello Purvis on June 14, 2011, 11:17:40 PM
>"I am not certain what the point is? Someone inflicted this on her. They made that decision by themselves, why are you blaming it on me?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on June 14, 2011, 11:35:39 PM
>Black Hole Bustier: Refill Yuugi's cup, and snag one for ourselves. Size up the blonde girl; that's probably Parsee, right?

>Cabinet Yuyutains: "I'm afraid this may be just the first step to get Koishi to forgive you... it will probably take a while. Poor girl..."
>... we'll have to do better than that for Youmu to forgive us, after all...
>Did Meiling or Sakuya act unusually or express any discomfort while having their heads investigated? Is there anything to do that might help make Utusho more comfortable?

>Armpits: Deep breath. Today is sizing up to be wonderful so far, isn't it?
>"Okay. Maybe I can try keeping my questions simple enough for you two."
>"Why did you have to create Gensokyo Isle, instead of letting Sanae experience that 'jet' thing from here?"
>"Whose idea was this in the first place? For whatever stupid reason the Yama's in a tizzy over keeping Koishi away from me... though you'd both blame each other to avoid that, wouldn't you?"
>"How the hell did you pull this off? I mean, I know you two can create land, and you got through the border once, and I can buy Koishi messing with memories a LITTLE, but so much changed that I can't buy you guys pulling it off on your own. Especially if the outside world is so faithless that you left there to survive, only to go back for some weird whim of Sanae's. What aren't you telling me?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 15, 2011, 12:55:44 AM
>Shiki: "From what I understand, there were at least three people involved in 'inflicting this on her'. Those people were Kanako Yasaka, Suwako Moriya, and yourself."
>"That was good, Satori, but I think we should perhaps see a little more. Is there something about what role you played in her motivations?"

>Yuyuko: "Okay, Utsuho, I think they're doing it, but Shiki wants me to tell you not to expect anything to happen right away. She says showing Koishi your memories is only the first step, and that actually getting Koishi to forgive you might take a while."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Hello Purvis on June 15, 2011, 01:07:17 AM
>Id Insinuator: "Firstly, you're wrong on every count. Secondly, who said that you could speak? I'm talking to my sister.  in fact,  why are you even here? This doesn't even involve you, aside from a feeble attempt to try fight the voice."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 15, 2011, 01:27:26 AM
>Shiki: "Oh? You said a lot about how you did the right thing by changing Gensokyo, and now you're claiming that you had nothing to do with Utsuho's situation?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Hello Purvis on June 15, 2011, 01:35:23 AM
>Ego Emulator: "Oh wow, you're still talking. And think, idiot. None of us did that to her. In fact, I'm pretty sure Kanako wanted to help her deal with it! Not that facts mean anything to you."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 15, 2011, 01:58:54 AM
>Shiki: "Actually, we happen to be in an excellent position to see what happened. Satori, please also look for any such interaction between Utsuho and Kanako."
>"You're the ones that made the change. If that didn't do that to Utsuho, then what did?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 15, 2011, 02:24:43 AM
>Black Hole Bustier: Refill Yuugi's cup, and snag one for ourselves. Size up the blonde girl; that's probably Parsee, right?
>You fill up two cups, take one of them, and drink it up. Yuugi drinks her own cup, then says "Whacha doin' these days, anyways? *hic*"
>Hmm...looks like the blonde girl is Parsee. Maybe you should ask.

>Cabinet Yuyutains: "I'm afraid this may be just the first step to get Koishi to forgive you... it will probably take a while. Poor girl..."
>Yuyuko: "Okay, Utsuho, I think they're doing it, but Shiki wants me to tell you not to expect anything to happen right away. She says showing Koishi your memories is only the first step, and that actually getting Koishi to forgive you might take a while."
>"As long as she forgives me in the end, it doesn't matter how long it takes."

>... we'll have to do better than that for Youmu to forgive us, after all...
>It may take forever to get Youmu to forgive you.

>Did Meiling or Sakuya act unusually or express any discomfort while having their heads investigated? Is there anything to do that might help make Utusho more comfortable?
>They did not.

>Armpits: Deep breath. Today is sizing up to be wonderful so far, isn't it?
>Isn't sarcasm lovely?

>"Okay. Maybe I can try keeping my questions simple enough for you two."
>"Why did you have to create Gensokyo Isle, instead of letting Sanae experience that 'jet' thing from here?"
>"I blame Purvis for being vague about it. Or the parser for incorrectly phrasing that question." (http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,7190.954.html)
>Suwako says "Wait, there were more reasons that that. But I'm having a hard time remembering them."

>"Whose idea was this in the first place? For whatever stupid reason the Yama's in a tizzy over keeping Koishi away from me... though you'd both blame each other to avoid that, wouldn't you?"
>Kanako says "No, I'd say you just have anger issues."
>Suwako says "We're willing to fight you and beat you down if it had to come to that. But we're not in the mood right now."

>"How the hell did you pull this off? I mean, I know you two can create land, and you got through the border once, and I can buy Koishi messing with memories a LITTLE, but so much changed that I can't buy you guys pulling it off on your own. Especially if the outside world is so faithless that you left there to survive, only to go back for some weird whim of Sanae's. What aren't you telling me?"
>Suwako says "The things we're forgetting right now."

>"That was good, Satori, but I think we should perhaps see a little more. Is there something about what role you played in her motivations?"
>"Let's see..." Another ball of memories comes up from the edge of Utsuho's mind. "Hmm...when she asked me if I wanted to stay...if I said yes, I am not sure if she would have gone through with changing Gensokyo back to its normal self."

>Shiki: "From what I understand, there were at least three people involved in 'inflicting this on her'. Those people were Kanako Yasaka, Suwako Moriya, and yourself."
>Id Insinuator: "Firstly, you're wrong on every count. Secondly, who said that you could speak? I'm talking to my sister.  in fact,  why are you even here? This doesn't even involve you, aside from a feeble attempt to try fight the voice."
>Shiki: "Oh? You said a lot about how you did the right thing by changing Gensokyo, and now you're claiming that you had nothing to do with Utsuho's situation?"
>Ego Emulator: "Oh wow, you're still talking. And think, idiot. None of us did that to her. In fact, I'm pretty sure Kanako wanted to help her deal with it! Not that facts mean anything to you."
>Shiki: "Actually, we happen to be in an excellent position to see what happened. Satori, please also look for any such interaction between Utsuho and Kanako."
>"You're the ones that made the change. If that didn't do that to Utsuho, then what did?"
>"Your potential attempt to fight my mental attacks would be significantly more feeble than you say her attempt is, you know. And by 'deal with it' you actually mean 'try to put it out of her mind'. That isn't possible."
>Satori says "And as for that..." Yet another memory sphere flies neat Satori. "There was a lot of talk and anger at Kanako, but Kanako didn't seem to have caused her to feel that the world was wrong."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Hello Purvis on June 15, 2011, 02:57:02 AM
>Who is the voice addressing? Some of the earlier ones could apply to either Koishi or Shiki =|
>Superego Soldier Ant: "Just like I said, it wasn't us that caused it. We would have taken it away and helped her feel at ease again. But she rejected us."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 15, 2011, 04:00:16 AM
>Who is the voice addressing? Some of the earlier ones could apply to either Koishi or Shiki =|
>Koishi.

>Superego Soldier Ant: "Just like I said, it wasn't us that caused it. We would have taken it away and helped her feel at ease again. But she rejected us."
>Satori says "It didn't change the fact that the world really was not the real one."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Hello Purvis on June 15, 2011, 04:04:43 AM
>Superego Psyker: "The same could be said for Gensokyo itself. Given the island was actually part of the world as a whole rather than sequestered away, it's probably more 'real' than this place is. And without a doubt, it was a more just and happier world. "Real" and "Fake" have no meaning in the face of those things."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 15, 2011, 04:28:44 AM
>Shiki: "Good to know, Satori. Now, on to the specific concern: what, if anything, did Kanako offer Utsuho in exchange for the latter standing down?"
>"You are correct, Koishi, that 'real' and 'fake' have little meaning here. But what gives you the right to decide that Gensokyo Isle was a better world than Gensokyo? Sure, some people prefered it there-yourself, for example-but for every person who preferred Gensokyo Isle, there is another-such as Utsuho-who preferrs Gensokyo."
>"You may think that this makes the two worlds equal, and I expect that you intend to say something of that sort. But there is a difference that must be taken into account: Gensokyo came into existence naturally, whereas Gensokyo Isle was deliberately created and forced on everyone, regardless of whether or not they wanted it. You hate Utsuho because you believe she forced Gensokyo on everyone, but I wonder if that hatred is because you see yourself in what she did."
>"And there's something else to mention, as well. You found Gensokyo Isle to be better because nobody feared you there. But think about why people here are afraid. It is becuase of your ability to alter the subconcious. People are afraid that you will use that power on them. And what did you do to escape that fear? To escape people's fear of you altering their subconcious minds, you did exactly that. Now I look at what happened, and based on that, it looks like they were right to fear you, because you did exactly what they were afraid of. And don't blame them for it; changing their memories was your choice, not theirs. If want people to not fear you, then perhaps you should strive not to be someone who deserves to be feared."
>Once Satori's done looking through Utsuho's memories: "We're done here, Yukari. Send us back out."
>That was not pleasant, but forcing someone to face the truth about themselves is often unpleasant, and for everyone involved. And it often leaves the situation looking worse than it did before it started. It's been done, though, and perhaps the best thing now is for Koishi to be alone, with no choice but to confront her thoughts and feelings. Given time, things should improve, but Koishi can't be pushed towards doing so between now and then or she will have something to push against in order to resist this. We've set the stage, but that is the extent of anyone else's role in this. Make sure this thought is clear, for Satori's benefit.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 15, 2011, 05:07:18 AM
>Shiki: "Good to know, Satori. Now, on to the specific concern: what, if anything, did Kanako offer Utsuho in exchange for the latter standing down?"
>"I don't believe she asked Utsuho to stand down at all."

>Superego Psyker: "The same could be said for Gensokyo itself. Given the island was actually part of the world as a whole rather than sequestered away, it's probably more 'real' than this place is. And without a doubt, it was a more just and happier world. "Real" and "Fake" have no meaning in the face of those things."
>"You are correct, Koishi, that 'real' and 'fake' have little meaning here. But what gives you the right to decide that Gensokyo Isle was a better world than Gensokyo? Sure, some people prefered it there-yourself, for example-but for every person who preferred Gensokyo Isle, there is another-such as Utsuho-who prefers Gensokyo."
>"You may think that this makes the two worlds equal, and I expect that you intend to say something of that sort. But there is a difference that must be taken into account: Gensokyo came into existence naturally, whereas Gensokyo Isle was deliberately created and forced on everyone, regardless of whether or not they wanted it. You hate Utsuho because you believe she forced Gensokyo on everyone, but I wonder if that hatred is because you see yourself in what she did."
>"And there's something else to mention, as well. You found Gensokyo Isle to be better because nobody feared you there. But think about why people here are afraid. It is because of your ability to alter the subconscious. People are afraid that you will use that power on them. And what did you do to escape that fear? To escape people's fear of you altering their subconscious minds, you did exactly that. Now I look at what happened, and based on that, it looks like they were right to fear you, because you did exactly what they were afraid of. And don't blame them for it; changing their memories was your choice, not theirs. If want people to not fear you, then perhaps you should strive not to be someone who deserves to be feared."
>Once Satori's done looking through Utsuho's memories: "We're done here, Yukari. Send us back out."
>You watch as a gap opens for a hundred seconds. While you wait, the memory balls Satori summoned fly away and she walks to you. "I can't believe I delivered an angry speech to my sister."

>That was not pleasant, but forcing someone to face the truth about themselves is often unpleasant, and for everyone involved. And it often leaves the situation looking worse than it did before it started. It's been done, though, and perhaps the best thing now is for Koishi to be alone, with no choice but to confront her thoughts and feelings. Given time, things should improve, but Koishi can't be pushed towards doing so between now and then or she will have something to push against in order to resist this. We've set the stage, but that is the extent of anyone else's role in this. Make sure this thought is clear, for Satori's benefit.
>That was not a pleasant experience for you, Koishi, or Satori.
>"Now we can only hope this works."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 15, 2011, 05:23:15 AM
>Shiki: "Sometimes we have no choice but to do something we would rather not."
>Make sure Koishi goes through the gap, then pass through it with Satori.
>"Yukari, if you're up for it, please give me a gap to the Scarlet Devil Mansion-and one that puts me outside the main entrance this time, please. I intend to learn more about this 'overlay', and Voile is the only place where we have found mention of it. And when Yuyuko, Suika, and Reimu are finished at their respective locations, please send them to the mansion as well. I expect research into the overlay to take a while, so reuniting at the mansion seems to be the best course of action."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on June 15, 2011, 07:22:21 AM
>Salamander Supernova: Gawk in disbelief for a second. "You.... I... you... excuse me."
>Step away for a moment and scream out at the mountains in frustration.
>Return, take needles out but don't be aggressive with them. "You DON'T REMEMBER?! Do you seriously expect me to believe that?! That's the most pathetic... urgh..."
>Rub forehead. Damnit, Shiki...
>Deep breath. "Okay, fine, let's pretend that's believable. Somehow, despite messing with all of Gensokyo in a scope larger than any other Incident I dealt with, you don't really remember how or why you did it. The only way I could possibly see that happening would be if... your memories were messed with afterwards?..."
>Narrow eyes. "... and Koishi would have reason to destroy incriminating evidence, wouldn't she..."

>m/v MVP: Take a swig. "Mostly hangin' around at Reimu's. And I got a little bit'a growin' land up in Bhava-Agra - the heavens place, way up there." Point towards the sky, or at least the cieling.
>"Though, who's your friend here? This the 'Parsee' I heard about?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Hello Purvis on June 15, 2011, 03:45:26 PM
>Id Insinuator: Glare at Shiki
>"Listen to all those platitudes. Prove it. Prove as many people where unhappy there were happy! You weren't even there! Prove it was worth cursing our entire race to just so Utsuho could have her power back! What gives you the right to say every last satori should suffer just for the sake of a status quo! That's where we're different, I tried to allievate suffering and make people's lives better! I tried to remove a curse upon people whose only sin was being born! I changed the world to make it better, you want it returned to normal simply because you act like normal is good! How can you justify that? How? How can you even begin to say the innocent should suffer so you can have things how you like it! How? If I cut off your arm, do I get to just say it's normal and get to pretend it's perfectly okay?
>"So no, they aren't equal! The one we made is better! Satori aren't cursed! People were happy! It's up to you to show they weren't, and you can't without lying. Someone did something to Utsuho? Who cares? She's one person, who could have been healed. We can't be healed! Do you understand that? We. Can't. Be. Healed. And it's not just me, it's every satori who lives or has lived! Look at my sister! Look at how she lives! Look at what her curse has done to her! This is every satori; right now, now and forever! How dare you try to act like it's okay for us to be cursed? How dare you? You have never experienced it! How dare you cast us to the flames for the sake of...what, exactly? What was even gained by cursing us again? what changed for the better that could not have been changed in a way that would not have forced us back into this hell?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 15, 2011, 06:12:13 PM
>Shiki: "Sometimes we have no choice but to do something we would rather not."
>"I know. It still shocks me, frankly."

>Id Insinuator: Glare at Shiki
>"Listen to all those platitudes. Prove it. Prove as many people where unhappy there were happy! You weren't even there! Prove it was worth cursing our entire race to just so Utsuho could have her power back! What gives you the right to say every last satori should suffer just for the sake of a status quo! That's where we're different, I tried to alleviate suffering and make people's lives better! I tried to remove a curse upon people whose only sin was being born! I changed the world to make it better, you want it returned to normal simply because you act like normal is good! How can you justify that? How? How can you even begin to say the innocent should suffer so you can have things how you like it! How? If I cut off your arm, do I get to just say it's normal and get to pretend it's perfectly okay?
>"So no, they aren't equal! The one we made is better! Satori aren't cursed! People were happy! It's up to you to show they weren't, and you can't without lying. Someone did something to Utsuho? Who cares? She's one person, who could have been healed. We can't be healed! Do you understand that? We. Can't. Be. Healed. And it's not just me, it's every satori who lives or has lived! Look at my sister! Look at how she lives! Look at what her curse has done to her! This is every satori; right now, now and forever! How dare you try to act like it's okay for us to be cursed? How dare you? You have never experienced it! How dare you cast us to the flames for the sake of...what, exactly? What was even gained by cursing us again? what changed for the better that could not have been changed in a way that would not have forced us back into this hell?"
>Satori replies "That is based upon the two assumptions that all satori hate being satori and that all satori in the world live in Gensokyo and were in Gensokyo Isle. Neither is true. Also, as I said, you exaggerate the effects of being a satori, claiming its far more harmful than it actually is. Shut up."

>Make sure Koishi goes through the gap, then pass through it with Satori.
>Koishi stomps away towards the gap and enters the gap, and Satori walks toward the gap. "I suppose I'll take care of Koishi from here, or try to."  She enters the gap.
>Koishi has left the party.

>"Yukari, if you're up for it, please give me a gap to the Scarlet Devil Mansion-and one that puts me outside the main entrance this time, please. I intend to learn more about this 'overlay', and Voile is the only place where we have found mention of it. And when Yuyuko, Suika, and Reimu are finished at their respective locations, please send them to the mansion as well. I expect research into the overlay to take a while, so reuniting at the mansion seems to be the best course of action."
>You look around while a gap opens for...one and 3/4ths minutes. You enter the gap and find yourself at the gates of the Scarlet Devil Mansion. Meiling notices you and says "So you're done with all that Koishi business? How'd it go?"

>Salamander Supernova: Gawk in disbelief for a second. "You.... I... you... excuse me."
>Step away for a moment and scream out at the mountains in frustration.
>Return, take needles out but don't be aggressive with them. "You DON'T REMEMBER?! Do you seriously expect me to believe that?! That's the most pathetic... urgh..."
>Rub forehead. Damnit, Shiki...
>Deep breath. "Okay, fine, let's pretend that's believable. Somehow, despite messing with all of Gensokyo in a scope larger than any other Incident I dealt with, you don't really remember how or why you did it. The only way I could possibly see that happening would be if... your memories were messed with afterwards?..."
>Narrow eyes. "... and Koishi would have reason to destroy incriminating evidence, wouldn't she..."
>Kanako mutters "I don't find it believable that I don't remember either. But your temper is much shorter than it should be."


>m/v MVP: Take a swig. "Mostly hangin' around at Reimu's. And I got a little bit'a growin' land up in Bhava-Agra - the heavens place, way up there." Point towards the sky, or at least the ceiling.
>"Ah, Heaven."


>"Though, who's your friend here? This the 'Parsee' I heard about?"
>"Yeah, my girlfriend. Also Utsuho's. A girl named Maribel convinced me to at least not beat up Utsuho over it."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 15, 2011, 06:33:25 PM
>Shiki: "Not well, but I think progress was made, although at first glance things may seem worse than they were. I need now to return to the library. Also, Reimu, Yuyuko, and Suika should be joining me here at some point, although they may take the rude approach and come directly into the library. If they do come in properly, though, please direct them to me in the library."
>If she asks about Koishi: "At the moment, Koishi is not traveling with me. She doesn't want to right now, and I think that leaving her alone is probably the best thing for her right now. Yukari will be keeping watch, and will alert me if she is in danger."
>"And just watch her enough for that purpose, Yukari. I don't want you spying on her, just watching enough to know if she's in danger."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Hello Purvis on June 15, 2011, 06:39:08 PM
>Id Evaluator: "That's what you say, sister. Then we look at what you actually do, and actually did. The only reason you're saying that, Satori, is because you don't want to be a burden on anyone. That's why you never tried to do anything about the circumstances of your life, you just hid away and tried not to be in anyone's way. Yet the moment that changed, look at what happened. You've said to me yourself that you you enjoyed it, that it was a wonderful thing. You stopped worrying about being a burden on others, and you never were."
>"Don't lie to yourself for the sake of Utsuho, sis. You can probably find it in your heart to accept that fact and to forgive her. I cannot. I can't be happy being only half a person. And despite what that monster wants, I will never accept it right or proper. No satori who is honest with herself ever will."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 15, 2011, 07:56:01 PM
>Shiki: "Not well, but I think progress was made, although at first glance things may seem worse than they were. I need now to return to the library. Also, Reimu, Yuyuko, and Suika should be joining me here at some point, although they may take the rude approach and come directly into the library. If they do come in properly, though, please direct them to me in the library."
>"Ah, okay. Where'd Koishi end up anyways?"

>If she asks about Koishi: "At the moment, Koishi is not traveling with me. She doesn't want to right now, and I think that leaving her alone is probably the best thing for her right now. Yukari will be keeping watch, and will alert me if she is in danger."
>"Huh, interesting."

>"And just watch her enough for that purpose, Yukari. I don't want you spying on her, just watching enough to know if she's in danger."
>"I don't see the difference. Well, actually I do, but I'm not going to bother with it."

>Id Evaluator: "That's what you say, sister. Then we look at what you actually do, and actually did. The only reason you're saying that, Satori, is because you don't want to be a burden on anyone. That's why you never tried to do anything about the circumstances of your life, you just hid away and tried not to be in anyone's way. Yet the moment that changed, look at what happened. You've said to me yourself that you you enjoyed it, that it was a wonderful thing. You stopped worrying about being a burden on others, and you never were."
>"Don't lie to yourself for the sake of Utsuho, sis. You can probably find it in your heart to accept that fact and to forgive her. I cannot. I can't be happy being only half a person. And despite what that monster wants, I will never accept it right or proper. No satori who is honest with herself ever will."
>Koishi has left the party.
>And thus cannot be given commands anymore.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Hello Purvis on June 15, 2011, 08:00:35 PM
>Kurses. I had plans.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 15, 2011, 08:47:51 PM
>Kurses. I had plans.
>Your plans were ruined so badly you had to spell curses with a k.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Hello Purvis on June 15, 2011, 08:49:19 PM
>Indeedoomupo.
>Who is where now, by the by?
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 15, 2011, 09:28:35 PM
>Indeedoomupo.
>Who is where now, by the by?
>Eiki is at the entrance of the SDM.
>Reimu is behind the Moriya Shrine, conversing with the gods.
>Yuyuko and Suika are still underground, talking with Yuugi.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 15, 2011, 11:28:14 PM
>Shiki: ...
>Okay, just ignore Yukari.
>"Anyways, I need to conduct additional research into matters, and I figured that Voile Library was the best place to look. May I proceed in to the library?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 15, 2011, 11:39:24 PM
>Shiki: ...
>Okay, just ignore Yukari.
>What is she up to...

>"Anyways, I need to conduct additional research into matters, and I figured that Voile Library was the best place to look. May I proceed in to the library?"
>Meiling replies "Yes, you can."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 15, 2011, 11:44:59 PM
>Shiki: "Thank you."
>Enter, and head for the library.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 16, 2011, 02:20:24 AM
>Shiki: "Thank you."
>"They're already letting you in, anyways."

>Enter, and head for the library.
>You enter and head for the library. At first the hallway is surprisingly devoid of fairies, but when you reach the library entrance you see a distant fairy sweeping.
>When you enter, you see Patchouli say "Ah, you've come back. Where are the others?" She doesn't even lift her eyes from the book she's reading to look at you.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 16, 2011, 03:12:06 AM
>Shiki: "It's a long story, but basically, Yuyuko and Suika are underground, Reimu's at the Moriya shrine hopefully not fighting the goddesses, and Koishi is... not accompanying me at the moment."
>"The voice that's been speaking to me wants me to stop this 'overlay' that is happening. I think this in in Gensokyo's best interest, but it also is clearly to the voice's benefit, and I do not intend to aid it. So I want to know more about this 'overlay', because the fact is that I know next to nothing about such a thing. So far, this is the only place I've found mention of an overlay, so I thought I might be able to find more information here."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on June 16, 2011, 03:45:15 AM
>Where is Utsuho? Still with Yuyuko, Suika, Yuugi, and Parsee?
>Fjords of the Styx: "Oh! Maribel, really? She does sound like a rather interesting girl. We just spoke with Orin about her. I think I'd like to meet her sometime! Do you know where she might be?"
>Density Dreamer: The hell's she planning?...

>Snapper Sunderer: "Job calls for it when this sort of crap happens."
>Hm. At least they didn't leap on that alternative too quickly.
>Consider for a moment, then sigh. "Yukari, you here? I don't suppose Shiki's changed her mind about letting me give Koishi what she's earned? And get some more detailed explanations from her, for that matter..."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 16, 2011, 04:29:32 AM
>Shiki: "It's a long story, but basically, Yuyuko and Suika are underground, Reimu's at the Moriya shrine hopefully not fighting the goddesses, and Koishi is... not accompanying me at the moment."
>"Interesting. Why is that?"

>"The voice that's been speaking to me wants me to stop this 'overlay' that is happening. I think this in in Gensokyo's best interest, but it also is clearly to the voice's benefit, and I do not intend to aid it. So I want to know more about this 'overlay', because the fact is that I know next to nothing about such a thing. So far, this is the only place I've found mention of an overlay, so I thought I might be able to find more information here."
>"Ah, I see. Well, I've still got the book right here..." She pushes a book on her table towards you.
>"I don't remember saying I wanted the overlay stopped. I'm neutral about it."

>Where is Utsuho? Still with Yuyuko, Suika, Yuugi, and Parsee?
>Yes.

>Fjords of the Styx: "Oh! Maribel, really? She does sound like a rather interesting girl. We just spoke with Orin about her. I think I'd like to meet her sometime! Do you know where she might be?"
>"Probably on the surface. I don't know where."

>Density Dreamer: The hell's she planning?...
>What could Yuyuko be thinking...

>Snapper Sunderer: "Job calls for it when this sort of crap happens."
>Kanako says "At least you could try to calmly solve incidents..."
>Suwako sighs.

>Hm. At least they didn't leap on that alternative too quickly.
>Consider for a moment, then sigh. "Yukari, you here? I don't suppose Shiki's changed her mind about letting me give Koishi what she's earned? And get some more detailed explanations from her, for that matter..."
>"Shikieiki hasn't changed her mind on that. And Koishi is still angry about being talked to by Eiki. She's not likely to answer, and if she does she'll whine about a topic of her choice."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 16, 2011, 04:47:22 AM
>Shiki: "Koishi is in something of a bad way at the moment. I think the best thing for her right now is to be alone with her thoughts. And Yukari, it occurs to me that Reimu may well want to go for Koishi again. I would ask that you do not tell her or send her to where Koishi is."
>"On to the matter of the overlay. The voice said that it would speak to us in person if we stopped the overlay and got Koishi to forgive Utsuho. However, attempting the latter led to substantial conflict within our group, and I can't help but wonder if that was the voice's intent. It may have been particularly interested in separating Koishi from the rest of us, as we originally sought her out to protect her from it. And she has left the group. I do, however, have Yukari keeping an eye on her, and we will act in her defense if she is threatened."
>"Anyways, I would expect that the voice also stands to benefit in some way from us stopping the overlay. Since, however, I know next to nothing about it, I cannot hope to guess what this might be. Which is why I'm here."
>Pick up the book.
>"The others should be joining me here once their respective businesses are taken care of. I'm hoping in particular that Suika arrives soon. She is how we found this book; perhaps she can help us find others now that we have a better idea of what we're looking for."
>Open the book and start scanning for any mention of overlays.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on June 16, 2011, 04:51:55 AM
>Armpits: "Would a few spellcards change her mind?"
>If Yukari doubts it, mutter. "I swear, the next time I see her..."
>Glance over at the goddesses. "... or would she be able to jar your memories...? Yukari, where is she?"

>Phantasmal Plateau: "Ah, that should be a good start, at least. Thanks! There was also a Renko girl that was mentioned..."
>Gravity Grappler: "Oi, is this about that weird thing with Meiling and Sakuya?"
>Cairnyuyurms: "Oh yes, it is, Suika! Gensokyo Isle wasn't the only strange thing that came up there, was it?"
>Lolioni: Sip. Consider that.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 16, 2011, 08:07:21 PM
>Shiki: "Koishi is in something of a bad way at the moment. I think the best thing for her right now is to be alone with her thoughts. And Yukari, it occurs to me that Reimu may well want to go for Koishi again. I would ask that you do not tell her or send her to where Koishi is."
>"I wouldn't have done so anyways."

>"On to the matter of the overlay. The voice said that it would speak to us in person if we stopped the overlay and got Koishi to forgive Utsuho. However, attempting the latter led to substantial conflict within our group, and I can't help but wonder if that was the voice's intent. It may have been particularly interested in separating Koishi from the rest of us, as we originally sought her out to protect her from it. And she has left the group. I do, however, have Yukari keeping an eye on her, and we will act in her defense if she is threatened."
>"Okay, now I remember. Kinda."

>"Anyways, I would expect that the voice also stands to benefit in some way from us stopping the overlay. Since, however, I know next to nothing about it, I cannot hope to guess what this might be. Which is why I'm here."
>"Ah, interesting."

>Pick up the book.
>You take the book.

>"The others should be joining me here once their respective businesses are taken care of. I'm hoping in particular that Suika arrives soon. She is how we found this book; perhaps she can help us find others now that we have a better idea of what we're looking for."
>Open the book and start scanning for any mention of overlays.
>You open the book and start scanning for mentions of overlays. You find the place where you found out about the overlay before, with the same slip of paper, but you don't see anything else as you flip through.

>Armpits: "Would a few spellcards change her mind?"
>"Of course not."

>If Yukari doubts it, mutter. "I swear, the next time I see her..."
>Glance over at the goddesses. "... or would she be able to jar your memories...? Yukari, where is she?"
>"Who, Shikieiki or Koishi?"

>Phantasmal Plateau: "Ah, that should be a good start, at least. Thanks! There was also a Renko girl that was mentioned..."
>Utsuho says "Renko? She's Maribel's friend."

>Gravity Grappler: "Oi, is this about that weird thing with Meiling and Sakuya?"
>Cairnyuyurms: "Oh yes, it is, Suika! Gensokyo Isle wasn't the only strange thing that came up there, was it?"
>Lolioni: Sip. Consider that.
>You think about the possibility that this is related to Meiling and Sakuya's strange actions. You dunno...
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on June 16, 2011, 10:43:13 PM
>Gila Gangster: "Koishi."
>Upon refusal, mutter some more. Bloody hell.
>Okay, fine. Who else would be able to jar their memories, or remember themse--oh, right.
>"Then where's Utsuho?"

>Wasatch Yuyuge: "Hm, I suppose that means they'd probably be together, then? Oh well, the search could be interesting, at least."
>Has there been any indication here of Koishi's interrogation being finished?

>Pettanko Promoter: Why's she so interested in them? Oh, whatever.
>Are we familiar with Parsee at all? If not, "So, what'dya you do, Parsee?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 16, 2011, 11:43:55 PM
>Gila Gangster: "Koishi."
>"I don't know where she is."

>Upon refusal, mutter some more. Bloody hell.
>Dammit.

>Okay, fine. Who else would be able to jar their memories, or remember themse--oh, right.
>"Then where's Utsuho?"
>"Underground, with her girlfriend Parsee, her girlfriend's other girlfriend Yuugi, Yuyuko, and Suika.

>Wasatch Yuyuge: "Hm, I suppose that means they'd probably be together, then? Oh well, the search could be interesting, at least."
>Has there been any indication here of Koishi's interrogation being finished?
>No. Maybe you should ask Yukari.

>Pettanko Promoter: Why's she so interested in them? Oh, whatever.
>Are we familiar with Parsee at all? If not, "So, what'dya you do, Parsee?"
>You aren't familiar with Parsee at all.
>Parsee says "Do about what?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 17, 2011, 01:06:46 AM
>Shiki: "Doesn't look like there's anything else in this book. I suppose I'll have to search the hard way until Suika gets here. I just hope it doesn't take too long."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 17, 2011, 01:12:16 AM
>Shiki: "Doesn't look like there's anything else in this book. I suppose I'll have to search the hard way until Suika gets here. I just hope it doesn't take too long."
>Patchouli remarks "Oh, it will. Trust me."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 17, 2011, 01:14:27 AM
>Shiki: "Actually, I was referring to Suika getting here. But I might as well look myself in the meantime. Any suggestions on where I should start?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on June 17, 2011, 01:40:38 AM
>Amphibian Avatar: "Then would it be faster for us to take a gap or just go fly there?"
>Give the goddesses a pointed look. Yes, us.

>Chugach Yuyu: "Utsuho, have you... felt anything about showing Koishi, for lack of a better term? I wonder how it's going... Yukari dear, are you here?"

>Black Hole Bodiceripper: "Do for a livin' or whatever." Grin. "Or do Yuugi and the hell raven keep ya too busy?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 17, 2011, 01:46:44 AM
>Shiki: "Actually, I was referring to Suika getting here. But I might as well look myself in the meantime. Any suggestions on where I should start?"
>"I'm afraid I don't have any."

>Amphibian Avatar: "Then would it be faster for us to take a gap or just go fly there?"
>"Gap."
>You see a gap open up slightly. You're going to have to wait before it opens up fully.

>Give the goddesses a pointed look. Yes, us.
>Kanako says "Oh dear...I'm not in the mood to see Utsuho, especially on a day when I just wanted to relax."
>Suwako audibly whispers to Kanako "Never say 'relax' around Reimu."

>Chugach Yuyu: "Utsuho, have you... felt anything about showing Koishi, for lack of a better term? I wonder how it's going... Yukari dear, are you here?"
>Utusho replies "Err...no?"
>Yukari says "Yes, I'm around."

>Black Hole Bodiceripper: "Do for a livin' or whatever." Grin. "Or do Yuugi and the hell raven keep ya too busy?"
>"Oh, I guard the bridge that connect the surface and the underground."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 17, 2011, 03:21:28 AM
>Shiki: 'I see. Unfortunate."
>Pick a shelf at random and start looking.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on June 17, 2011, 03:32:20 AM
>Frog Filletizer: Roll eyes. "A half-dozen people are hearing voices and going crazy, some other world is messing with the heads of people at the Mansion, and I'm DEFINITELY not satisfied with that explanation for what happened with Gensokyo Isle. Relaxation is in short supply today."
>Wait for the gap to finish. Once done, gesture for the others to enter. "You first." If they hesitate: "I insist."

>Bighorn Yuyus: "How is Koishi doing? It's tough to tell what she's seeing from here, and I think it would be good to know~"
>Pause. "Ah, and do you know where Maribel and Renko might be?"

>Gravitational Grog: "Heh, guess we've been givin' you the slip most of today, huh?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 17, 2011, 04:50:55 AM
>Shiki: 'I see. Unfortunate."
>Pick a shelf at random and start looking.
>You float towards a shelf around East 2 or so and start perusing that shelf. Let's see...magic...gibberish...dolls...magic recipes...gibberish...more gibberish...

>Frog Filletizer: Roll eyes. "A half-dozen people are hearing voices and going crazy, some other world is messing with the heads of people at the Mansion, and I'm DEFINITELY not satisfied with that explanation for what happened with Gensokyo Isle. Relaxation is in short supply today."
>Kanako says "To be honest, I'm not satisfied with my explanation either." She sighs.

>Wait for the gap to finish. Once done, gesture for the others to enter. "You first." If they hesitate: "I insist."
>Kanako says "Fine, fine," and enters the gap. Suwako follows.

>Bighorn Yuyus: "How is Koishi doing? It's tough to tell what she's seeing from here, and I think it would be good to know~"
>"Shikieiki and Satori have already proved that Utsuho's motives were not selfish. The Yama departed for the Scarlet Devil Mansion's library, while Koishi and Satori went top the place where they were talking previously. The Yama believes Koishi needs to spend some time alone right now."

>Pause. "Ah, and do you know where Maribel and Renko might be?"
>"I'm afraid not."

>Gravitational Grog: "Heh, guess we've been givin' you the slip most of today, huh?"
>"Yeah, I suppose..."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 17, 2011, 05:24:16 AM
>Shiki: Keep looking.
>Come to a sudden halt.
>Wait, we've been thinking about this the wrong way. We've been thinking about all of this the wrong way. All these obstacles keep showing up, and we've just been looking for ways around them. We should... and wait, it would hold for...
>The overlay can wait. This is more important.
>Return to Patchouli.
>"Patchouli, I just thought of something. Is it possible to channel one's energy into another and provide a boost to that other's abilities?"
>If she doesn't know of a way to do so: "What do you think, Yukari?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 17, 2011, 05:41:06 AM
>Shiki: Keep looking.
>Come to a sudden halt.
>Wait, we've been thinking about this the wrong way. We've been thinking about all of this the wrong way. All these obstacles keep showing up, and we've just been looking for ways around them. We should... and wait, it would hold for...
>The overlay can wait. This is more important.
>Wait a minute. You just trucked an idea.

>Return to Patchouli.
>"Patchouli, I just thought of something. Is it possible to channel one's energy into another and provide a boost to that other's abilities?"
>"Yes. Why?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on June 17, 2011, 05:50:36 AM
>Gluttony: "Ah, the Yama's already satisfied? Good, then. I hope that Koishi feels better soon."
>"Utsuho, is there anything else you'd like about this, or should we leave you three to yourselves?"

>Reptile Rheumatoid: Enter the gap as well.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 17, 2011, 03:08:59 PM
>Shiki: "It just occurred to me that we've been handling this the wrong way, and I'm not referring to looking for information. There is a connection between myself and the voice, which it is using to do its work. Yuyuko was previously able to follow this connection, and I think we almost reached its source, but unfortunately, there is now something interfering with her ability to sense it. If she can be enabled to overpower this effect, she should be able to trace it again."
>"Yukari, let the others know that I need them here as soon as possible. If anyone-and I'm thinking specifically of Reimu-objects, tell them that I think I've found a way to locate the voice. And if Reimu still doesn't want to come, well, I suppose that's her choice to make."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 17, 2011, 07:44:20 PM
>Shiki: "It just occurred to me that we've been handling this the wrong way, and I'm not referring to looking for information. There is a connection between myself and the voice, which it is using to do its work. Yuyuko was previously able to follow this connection, and I think we almost reached its source, but unfortunately, there is now something interfering with her ability to sense it. If she can be enabled to overpower this effect, she should be able to trace it again."
>"Not gonna work."

>"Yukari, let the others know that I need them here as soon as possible. If anyone-and I'm thinking specifically of Reimu-objects, tell them that I think I've found a way to locate the voice. And if Reimu still doesn't want to come, well, I suppose that's her choice to make."

>Gluttony: "Ah, the Yama's already satisfied? Good, then. I hope that Koishi feels better soon."
>"Utsuho, is there anything else you'd like about this, or should we leave you three to yourselves?"
>"I think you should leave us to ourselves."
>You hear Yukari whisper in your ear "The Yama wants you to come to Scarlet Devil Mansion's library as soon as possible. She's thought of a way to track down the voice."

>Reptile Rheumatoid: Enter the gap as well.
>You enter the gap.
>You find yourself at a street in the Ancient City. Several oni are looking at you, but many more are just walking around, minding their own business.
>You hear Yukari whisper in your ear "The Yama wants you to come to Scarlet Devil Mansion's library as soon as possible. She's thought of a way to track down the voice."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on June 18, 2011, 12:07:37 AM
>Crocodile Comrade: "Yeah, yeah, once I'm done with this." Mutter.
>Wait, where did the goddesses go? They're right around here, aren't they? They'd BETTER be...
>Any sign of where Utsuho might be relative to our current location?

>Kiglayuyuait: "Very well then. Have a nice day, girls~" Give the three some space.
>To Yukari, "Oh, another strategy? I hope that will work, then. I'd like to look into that other world that poor Meiling and Sakuya are dealing with, but I suppose it can't be helped."
>"Oh, and should Suika come along?"
>"And don't worry yourself about giving us a gap, Yukari dear. We'll make our own way. Relax a little!"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 18, 2011, 12:44:01 AM
>Kiglayuyuait: "Very well then. Have a nice day, girls~" Give the three some space.
>Utsuho says "Bye, then."
>Yuugi says "See ya."
>You exit the Rose and Weasel.

>To Yukari, "Oh, another strategy? I hope that will work, then. I'd like to look into that other world that poor Meiling and Sakuya are dealing with, but I suppose it can't be helped."
>"Oh, and should Suika come along?"
>"Yes, she must be there."

>"And don't worry yourself about giving us a gap, Yukari dear. We'll make our own way. Relax a little!"
>"Very well, Yuyuko dear."

>Crocodile Comrade: "Yeah, yeah, once I'm done with this." Mutter.
>Wait, where did the goddesses go? They're right around here, aren't they? They'd BETTER be...
>You look around. They're...right behind you.

>Any sign of where Utsuho might be relative to our current location?
>No.
>"If you must talk to Utsuho, she's in the bar called the Rose and Weasel. You should see it in front of you."
>Is that Yuyuko and Suika exiting a bar?
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 18, 2011, 01:29:35 AM
>Shiki: "Are they on their way, Yukari?"
>After Yukari's reply: "I see. Well, I suppose I do have things to do before we can make the attempt, so the time should not be wasted."
>"Patchouli, I will need to know how to do this. Could I ask you to provide instruction?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on June 18, 2011, 02:01:30 AM
>Squamata Squatter: They just finished, huh? Convenient. Head over.
>Blackwelder Yuyutains: "Oh my, Reimu?... I suppose you're here to speak with Utsuho?"
>Lizard Layabout: Nod. "In there, right?"
>Bellini Brandisher: "Yea. Have fun. We seein' you at the mansion later?"
>Theropsida Throneholder: "Eventually. Once I actually get a decent explanation for that Isle thing."

>Armpits: Head into the bar.
>Momosa Alps: Head for the exit of the underground. Don't dawdle much.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 18, 2011, 03:32:38 AM
>Shiki: "Are they on their way, Yukari?"
>"Suika and Yuyuko are coming. Reimu isn't."

>After Yukari's reply: "I see. Well, I suppose I do have things to do before we can make the attempt, so the time should not be wasted."
>"Patchouli, I will need to know how to do this. Could I ask you to provide instruction?"
>"Yes, I suppose."

>Squamata Squatter: They just finished, huh? Convenient. Head over.
>Blackwelder Yuyutains: "Oh my, Reimu?... I suppose you're here to speak with Utsuho?"
>Lizard Layabout: Nod. "In there, right?"
>Bellini Brandisher: "Yea. Have fun. We seein' you at the mansion later?"
>Theropsida Throneholder: "Eventually. Once I actually get a decent explanation for that Isle thing."

>Armpits: Head into the bar.
>You head into the bar and look around. Several oni are around drinking. To your left, you see Utusho with...that oni you fought while you were here in the city and that bridge princess? And that nue you fought is the bartender...

>Momosa Alps: Head for the exit of the underground. Don't dawdle much.
>You and Suika head to the exit of the underground quickly, and don't get bothered by anything along the way. You do catch a glimpse of the bucket girl though, but she flies away after noticing you. You eventually see the entrance to the Underground.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 18, 2011, 03:37:49 AM
>Shiki: "Thank you. Let's get started, then, shall we?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on June 18, 2011, 04:10:07 AM
>Dermatemydidae Dominion: Frown. Head over to the hell raven and company. "Utsuho. Gensokyo Isle. Explain."

>Gimlet Grampians: Proceed toward the Mansion.
>Cherry Kirby: Keep an eye out for Maribel and/or Renko on the way. If spotted, stop.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 18, 2011, 05:03:44 AM
>Shiki: "Thank you. Let's get started, then, shall we?"
>"It would be best to explain once everyone's here."

>Dermatemydidae Dominion: Frown. Head over to the hell raven and company. "Utsuho. Gensokyo Isle. Explain."
>You, Kanako and Suwako head over to Utsuho's table, where you ask for answers immediately.
>Utsuho says "...What? This can't be good..."
>Kanako says "Trust me, it isn't."

>Gimlet Grampians: Proceed toward the Mansion.
>Cherry Kirby: Keep an eye out for Maribel and/or Renko on the way. If spotted, stop.
>You proceed towards the mansion, keeping an eye out for Maribel or Renko along the way. You don't see them, and eventually find yourself at the entrance.
>Meiling says "You two, huh? Go ahead and go in."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 18, 2011, 05:58:25 AM
>Shiki: "I see. Well, it sounds like reimu may be a while, but Yuyuko and Suika are on their way. We may not have time to wait for Reimu, so let's wait for just the other two."
>"Also, Yukari, a question: if we were to use this method to channel power into you, do you think you could open a gap to the other world? Namely, even after dealing with the voice we may very well still need to deal with the overlay.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on June 18, 2011, 06:00:28 AM
>Helodermatidae Homie: Sigh heavily. "Gensokyo Isle. The outside-world-recreation-mess-thing from a bit ago. Apparently these two goddesses don't remember how they pulled it off, and Yukari and the Yama have been keeping me from 'asking' Koishi. I'm hoping that you can describe what the hell happened." Glance back at Kanako and Suwako. "And what these two have earned for their part in it."
>To the goddesses, "That, or if you two are actually remembering anything useful now?"

>Hayride Hills: Thank Meiling for the greeting, and head in to find the Yama!
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 18, 2011, 04:41:29 PM
>Shiki: "I see. Well, it sounds like Reimu may be a while, but Yuyuko and Suika are on their way. We may not have time to wait for Reimu, so let's wait for just the other two."
>"Also, Yukari, a question: if we were to use this method to channel power into you, do you think you could open a gap to the other world? Namely, even after dealing with the voice we may very well still need to deal with the overlay.
>"It depends if I get my power back from that voice. If I do, I won't need your assistance."

>Hayride Hills: Thank Meiling for the greeting, and head in to find the Yama!
>"If you don't know where she is, she's in the library as usual."
>You head in and head to the library, where you find Shikieiki and Patchouli.
>Patchouli says "You're here. Let us begin."

>Helodermatidae Homie: Sigh heavily. "Gensokyo Isle. The outside-world-recreation-mess-thing from a bit ago. Apparently these two goddesses don't remember how they pulled it off, and Yukari and the Yama have been keeping me from 'asking' Koishi. I'm hoping that you can describe what the hell happened." Glance back at Kanako and Suwako. "And what these two have earned for their part in it."
>To the goddesses, "That, or if you two are actually remembering anything useful now?"
>Kanako says "I'm sure that what I told you was entirely how Gensokyo Isle was created." She then says to Utsuho, "My explanation was so simple that Reimu's having a hard time believing it. As for my motives, I'm pretty sure that I only told you one of my reasons for creating Gensokyo Isle, which was Sanae. I had other reasons, but I seem to have awkwardly forgotten them..."
>Utsuho says "Huh. Weird."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 18, 2011, 04:46:07 PM
>Shiki; "First, allow me to explain what we're going to do."
>Summarize the plan.
>"Patchouli, please instruct us on how to perform the energy transfer."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 18, 2011, 05:09:06 PM
>Shiki; "First, allow me to explain what we're going to do."
>Summarize the plan.
>You summarize the plan to Yuyuko and Suika, who nod throughout your summary.

>"Patchouli, please instruct us on how to perform the energy transfer."
>"First, you stand in a circle and hold hands."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 18, 2011, 05:13:31 PM
>Shiki/Suika/Yuyuko: Do so.
>Shiki: "Just walk us through the process right now. There are a couple other matters to address before we actually do it."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 18, 2011, 05:23:31 PM
>Shiki/Suika/Yuyuko: Do so.
>Shiki: "Just walk us through the process right now. There are a couple other matters to address before we actually do it."
>"I see. Anyways, after that, you leave the rest to me. I cast the spell and transfer your power to the ghost princess there. It's quite simple, really."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 19, 2011, 12:52:24 AM
>Shiki: "Ah, I see."
>"I do have a couple questions. First, how badly is this going to impact myself and Suika? In particular, Suika's power may be required in order for myself and her to reach our destination; the connection was previously traced to a location high enough that Reimu and I could not breathe, but with her ability to gather, Suika should be able to provide us with sufficient quantities of air."
>"Secondly, how long will the effect last?"
>"And lastly, do you perhaps have a spell that could boost our movement speed temporarily? Our destination seems to be mobile, so we may need to chase it."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 19, 2011, 03:43:57 AM
>Shiki: "Ah, I see."
>"I do have a couple questions. First, how badly is this going to impact myself and Suika? In particular, Suika's power may be required in order for myself and her to reach our destination; the connection was previously traced to a location high enough that Reimu and I could not breathe, but with her ability to gather, Suika should be able to provide us with sufficient quantities of air."
>"It depends on how much is needed to break through whatever protection the being has. Obviously, the stronger it is, the more power that we will need for the ghost princess to bypass it."

>"Secondly, how long will the effect last?"
>"As long as it needs to. However, the longer I extend it, the more of my power it uses."

>"And lastly, do you perhaps have a spell that could boost our movement speed temporarily? Our destination seems to be mobile, so we may need to chase it."
>"I do."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 19, 2011, 03:51:25 AM
>Shiki: "You will be ending the effect, too. Are you intending to accompany us?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 19, 2011, 04:14:51 AM
>Shiki: "You will be ending the effect, too. Are you intending to accompany us?"
>"No. I think I can keep watch of you, though, if I make use of that gap ha-"
>Yukari says "Ahem."
>"...ag's services. And I don't care what you think of my statement, Yakumo."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 19, 2011, 04:23:28 AM
>Shiki: "I see."
>"All right, then. Let's get started."
>Get in a circle and hold hands as instructed.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on June 19, 2011, 05:30:17 AM
>Turtle Terrorizer: "Yeah, and it's the forgetting part that I just can't buy. Especially given how much trouble that whole mess must have been to set up when I'm not getting any reasons that jet thing couldn't be done in Gensokyo without screwing with everyone."
>"So fill in the blanks, Okuu. You did most of the incident resolving that time, right? Gimme the details."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 20, 2011, 04:10:14 AM
>Shiki: "I see."
>"All right, then. Let's get started."
>Get in a circle and hold hands as instructed.
>You, Suika, and Yuyuko get in a circle and hold hands. Patchouli says "Whenever you feel the connection, ghost princess, tell me." She then mutters a few words, presumably an incantation. A magic circle appears between the three of you. You suddenly feel weaker.
>Patchouli calls out "Well? Can you detect the connection yet?"

>Turtle Terrorizer: "Yeah, and it's the forgetting part that I just can't buy. Especially given how much trouble that whole mess must have been to set up when I'm not getting any reasons that jet thing couldn't be done in Gensokyo without screwing with everyone."
>"So fill in the blanks, Okuu. You did most of the incident resolving that time, right? Gimme the details."
>"Well,  I was flying through the city when Kanako confronted me about all my recent actions against her. After some banter where Kanako didn't give any more reasons more vague than 'a love of Sanae', we fought. After managing to defeat them both, I talked with Minoriko Aki for a bit and then Koishi confronted me, talked for a bit, and left."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 20, 2011, 04:32:38 AM
Yuyuko: Can we, or is it still scrambled?
If we can: "I've got it."
If not: "Not yet." Can we feel any give in the scrambling?
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 20, 2011, 04:39:25 AM
Yuyuko: Can we, or is it still scrambled?
>You still can't detect the connection.

If not: "Not yet." Can we feel any give in the scrambling?
>Patchouli says "Fine."
>As Eiki and Suika, you continue feeling weaker. As Suika specifically, you're actually getting a small headache.
>"Now?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 20, 2011, 05:00:59 AM
>Yuyuko: Anything? Does it at least feel like we're getting closer to breaking past the scrambling? Whatever the answer is, tell it to the others.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on June 20, 2011, 05:01:54 AM
>Tamagozake Trainer: Damnit, we didn't drink enough, did we?

>Chelidae Champion: Boggle. "... Minoriko?! Damnit, are all the gods in on this?!"
>"A little... debate uncovered some 'flying a jet' project as the reason behind the Sanae part. That bring up anything new?"
>"... and I don't remember it all in detail, what was that city? What'd Koishi say about her part? And how'd you get things back to normal after that?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 20, 2011, 06:29:00 AM
>Yuyuko: Anything? Does it at least feel like we're getting closer to breaking past the scrambling? Whatever the answer is, tell it to the others.
>No. You relay this to the others.
>"Very well."
>As Eiki and Suika, you feel, of course, even weaker. You both start feeling dizzy.

>Tamagozake Trainer: Damnit, we didn't drink enough, did we?
>Hmm...maybe you should drink more.

>Chelidae Champion: Boggle. "... Minoriko?! Damnit, are all the gods in on this?!"
>Utsuho says "Seems like it."

>"A little... debate uncovered some 'flying a jet' project as the reason behind the Sanae part. That bring up anything new?"
>"No, not really. Maribel already told me about that."

>"... and I don't remember it all in detail, what was that city? What'd Koishi say about her part? And how'd you get things back to normal after that?"
>Utsuho replies "What do you mean by 'what was that city'? Koishi didn't say much at all, and she didn't mention what she did. And as for that last part..."
>Kanako says "Wait, I think I just remembered something."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on June 20, 2011, 06:33:00 AM
>Armpits: What do we remember about the city of Gensokyo Isle, if anything?
>For now, turn to Mountains of Hair and frown. "Yeah?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 20, 2011, 03:17:20 PM
>Yuyuko: Again, do we seem to be making any progress? If not: "I don't think it's working."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 20, 2011, 08:46:52 PM
>Armpits: What do we remember about the city of Gensokyo Isle, if anything?
>You lived in the forest in isolation. You think you worked at the airport.

>For now, turn to Mountains of Hair and frown. "Yeah?"
>"It involves a jewel...apparently it contained an ancestor of Keine Kamishirasawa. I think I used it to change history."
>Utsuho says "Oh yeah, that jewel..."
>You hear Yuugi whisper something to Utsuho, which she replies with "The gods that gave me that sun god to eat. Why they're here, it's kind of complicated."

>Yuyuko: Again, do we seem to be making any progress? If not: "I don't think it's working."
>You don't seem to detect the connection. You relay this to Patchouli.
>"Let us continue, then."
>As Suika, you're getting a massive headache. You try to drink more to ignore it, but uggghhhh...
>As Eiki, everything starts to feel a bit hazy...
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on June 21, 2011, 12:31:45 AM
>Whiptail Woman: My god, that one actually works! It all clicks now!
>"... okay, THAT I can buy. Still doesn't answer how things got back to normal, though. Or should I just guess 'Keine'?"
>"And as for your fight before doing that... about how thorough was this 'defeat'?"
>More fundamentally, what do we remember about the very notion of a city and what life was like on Gensokyo Isle?
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 21, 2011, 12:49:34 AM
>Whiptail Woman: My god, that one actually works! It all clicks now!
>Everything makes sense now!

>"... okay, THAT I can buy. Still doesn't answer how things got back to normal, though. Or should I just guess 'Keine'?"
>Utsuho says "Yep. Keine said that she wanted to give that jewel to Komachi to make sure she got the afterlife she deserved, preventing Kanako from pulling something like this again."

>"And as for your fight before doing that... about how thorough was this 'defeat'?"
>"Knocked her unconscious."
>Kanako snarls, "Don't remind me."

>More fundamentally, what do we remember about the very notion of a city and what life was like on Gensokyo Isle?
>You spent most of your time in the shrine in the forest, except when you needed to head to the city for groceries and stuff like that. Come to think of it, it was a lot like your normal life, wasn't it?
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 21, 2011, 01:55:41 AM
>Yuyuko: Any change now? If not: "I don't think it's going to work, Shiki."
>Shiki: Tell Patchouli to stop.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 21, 2011, 07:14:30 PM
>Yuyuko: Any change now? If not: "I don't think it's going to work, Shiki."
>No change.

>Shiki: Tell Patchouli to stop.
>You tell Patchouli to stop. She replies "Okay then. Reversing changes..."
>As Eiki and Suika, you regain your strength. As Eiki, everything is clear again. As Suika, those headaches are gone.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 21, 2011, 09:40:45 PM
>Shiki: "Okay, it doesn't look like the brute force approach is working. Hmm..."
>Wait, we've been overlooking a possibility for getting to the other world.
>"Yukari, you can still open gaps to places like Makai or the outside world, right? If the world we're undergoing the overlay with was as close as those are, do you think you could open a gap there?"
>If asked how we'd get a world closer: "Komachi can manipulate distance. I can't make any guaruntees, but we may be able to make use of that for such a purpose."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 22, 2011, 12:38:58 AM
>Shiki: "Okay, it doesn't look like the brute force approach is working. Hmm..."
>Wait, we've been overlooking a possibility for getting to the other world.
>"Yukari, you can still open gaps to places like Makai or the outside world, right? If the world we're undergoing the overlay with was as close as those are, do you think you could open a gap there?"
>Yukari replies "Yes, but do you really think that the other world is so close?"

>If asked how we'd get a world closer: "Komachi can manipulate distance. I can't make any guarantees, but we may be able to make use of that for such a purpose."
>"You don't even know where that world is relative to this one."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 22, 2011, 01:38:31 AM
>Shiki: "We'd need to determine its location, then. Patchouli, do you know of any way to do such a thing?"
>If not: "Yukari, how about you?"
>If she doesn't know, either: "Unfortunate. And I don't know that we'd be able to find a method here; if we could, it likely would have turned up during our first search. Which means it's back to the original plan. Suika, I'd like you to try gathering books again, this time for information about overlays. Yuyuko and I will spread out and grab anything that looks like it's responding. And you can keep an eye out, too, right, Yukari?"


Yeah, so in case you haven't noticed, I'm kind of just throwing out any ideas that come to mind and hoping something works.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on June 22, 2011, 02:59:43 AM
>Helodermatidae Hero: Frown. Eye Kanako for a minute.
>So that's about three other people to talk to about this, and it sounds like Kanako DID get a decent beating over it already...
>"... and Suwako?"
>Well, at least this is starting to wrap up... where are the Underground, the Human Village, Higan, and Youkai Mountain relative to each other, i.e. what would be the shortest route without having to rely on Yukari if she's taking forever?
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 22, 2011, 07:03:43 AM
>Shiki: "We'd need to determine its location, then. Patchouli, do you know of any way to do such a thing?"
>"I'm afraid not."

>If not: "Yukari, how about you?"
>"I don't know anything, either."

>If she doesn't know, either: "Unfortunate. And I don't know that we'd be able to find a method here; if we could, it likely would have turned up during our first search. Which means it's back to the original plan. Suika, I'd like you to try gathering books again, this time for information about overlays. Yuyuko and I will spread out and grab anything that looks like it's responding. And you can keep an eye out, too, right, Yukari?"
>"Of course."other books were attrat
>Suika says "I'll try that again, I guess."
>As Suika, you gather overlay-related books towards you. Two books on Patchouli's desk fly towards you, and you catch them, but you don't think any other books tried to gather to you.

>Helodermatidae Hero: Frown. Eye Kanako for a minute.
>So that's about three other people to talk to about this, and it sounds like Kanako DID get a decent beating over it already...
>"... and Suwako?"
>"Same thing."
>Suwako frowns.

>Well, at least this is starting to wrap up... where are the Underground, the Human Village, Higan, and Youkai Mountain relative to each other, i.e. what would be the shortest route without having to rely on Yukari if she's taking forever?
>The Underground entrance is far south of the Human Village. Higan is north of the village, and farther from the village than the Underground entrance is. Youkai Mountain is to the northwest of the village, and closer than both the Underground entrance and Higan.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 22, 2011, 03:55:45 PM
>Suika: "I think it's just these two."
>Shiki: "Let's take a look, then."
>Are either of the books ones we looked through previously?
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 22, 2011, 04:40:34 PM
>Suika: "I think it's just these two."
>Shiki: "Let's take a look, then."
>Are either of the books ones we looked through previously?
>They both are. That explains why they were on Patchouli's desk instead of being on or between a shelf...
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 22, 2011, 06:07:44 PM
>Shiki: "These are the same ones we found previously. I've already looked through the one we could read again, and I didn't find anything. Patchouli, could I ask you to look through the magicians-only book for information on overlays?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on June 23, 2011, 05:15:07 AM
>Monitor Mistress: Hmm. Sounds like Higan's the most out of the way there... Keine's definitely the highest priority, but skipping having to visit Komachi would be nice. If we could just... oh.
>"Hey Yukari, ask the Yama if she remembers anything about this gem going through."
>About how long would a trip to the village take from the here and now?
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 23, 2011, 05:29:33 AM
>Monitor Mistress: Hmm. Sounds like Higan's the most out of the way there... Keine's definitely the highest priority, but skipping having to visit Komachi would be nice. If we could just... oh.
>Wait a minute...

>"Hey Yukari, ask the Yama if she remembers anything about this gem going through."
>"Gladly."

>About how long would a trip to the village take from the here and now?
>15 minutes.
>Uggh. You're so hungry.
>You hear Kanako say "Well, if there's nothing else for you to say, I'm out of here." She and Suwako leave.

>Shiki: "These are the same ones we found previously. I've already looked through the one we could read again, and I didn't find anything. Patchouli, could I ask you to look through the magicians-only book for information on overlays?"
>"I already have. There's surprisingly little on the subject, including what you found out about that book and some info on how to accelerate an overlay. There was a ripped-off page there..."
>You hear Yukari say "Has a hakutaku or a were-hakutaku passed by Higan recently?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 23, 2011, 05:53:12 AM
>Shiki: "One moment, Patchouli."
>Has one passed by recently? Whatever the answer is, say it.
>"Sorry about that, Patchouli. Anyways, the missing page may be significant, but we, of course, do not have it. In its absence, I would like to ask you to tell us the information on accelerating an overlay. This could provide a clue as to what's causing it and, thus, how one might go about stopping it."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 23, 2011, 06:18:53 AM
>Shiki: "One moment, Patchouli."
>Has one passed by recently? Whatever the answer is, say it.
>You think you've seen one around Higan recently. Due to your current state, you were unable to judge her and have her pass on.
>"I see. Now go back to your conversation, now."

>"Sorry about that, Patchouli. Anyways, the missing page may be significant, but we, of course, do not have it. In its absence, I would like to ask you to tell us the information on accelerating an overlay. This could provide a clue as to what's causing it and, thus, how one might go about stopping it."
>"It takes a magician (not necessarily just magician youkai, but also non-youkai practitioners) at each gap, having a large amount of magical fuel of any kind, and a spell."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 23, 2011, 06:43:09 AM
>Shiki: We did tell Yukari about the hakutaku, right? If not, do so.
>""Hmm... that would seem to imply that one trigger-although obviously not a sole trigger-of an overlay is a high concentration of magical energy, Which Gensokyo most certainly... has."
>Damn, another thing we've been overlooking.
>"Wait, we've been acting on the assumption that the overlay initiated with the other world, that it has been overlaying on Gensokyo. But couldn't it be the other way around, be that Gensokyo is overlaying on the other world?"
>"Yes, thoughts seem to be passing from the other world to the minds of people here in Gensokyo, but that may not necessarily mean that the other world is overlaying Gensokyo."
>"Right, it would seem that a new course of action is now open to us. It may behoove us to investigate areas with unusually high concentrations of magical energy. the Forest of Magic, maybe. Or perhaps Makai. Which brings to mind something else that we should probably look into. Youmu has been affected by the overlay, and she spends most of her time in Hakugyokuro. Is the overlay then also affecting realms connected to Gensokyo, such as Hakugyokuro or Makai?"
>Yuyuko: "You think we should search for gaps in those places? They're not small places, you know; looking may take a while."
>Shiki: "Then we can again seek the aid of Rikako; her gap-detecting device should be able to aid in such a search."
>Suika: "So which do we go with, the overlay's cause or how bad it's hitting other places? Yeah, we can look into both, but what do we start with?"
>This is getting confusing. We need a drink.
>Drink.
>Shiki: "I don't know. I don't even know if looking into them will help at all. Any thoughts, Patchouli? Yukari?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on June 23, 2011, 07:20:40 AM
>The Hunger: "Goodness, Shiki, you really haven't thought of trying to speak with those people in Sakuya's head by finding who they're playing as? I think I even have a hunch~"

>Teiidae Trapper: "Whoa hey HEY HEY HEY!" Catch the goddesses! "Don't you just run out on me like that!"
>"I guess I can let you guys go for now, but if Keine mentions anything worse when I talk with her I'm gonna be having frog legs on a stick for dinner, you got that?"
>What time is it, anyway? Do we know any decent places to eat in the Underground?
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 23, 2011, 05:49:00 PM
>Shiki: "I have thought of it. I don't think it will work, but I'll admit that my previous ideas haven't met with much success. Perhaps that's something we should look into, then. Who is it that you think they're playing as?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 23, 2011, 09:21:40 PM
>Shiki: We did tell Yukari about the hakutaku, right? If not, do so.
>You just did.

>""Hmm... that would seem to imply that one trigger-although obviously not a sole trigger-of an overlay is a high concentration of magical energy, Which Gensokyo most certainly... has."
>Damn, another thing we've been overlooking.
>"Wait, we've been acting on the assumption that the overlay initiated with the other world, that it has been overlaying on Gensokyo. But couldn't it be the other way around, be that Gensokyo is overlaying on the other world?"
>"Yes, thoughts seem to be passing from the other world to the minds of people here in Gensokyo, but that may not necessarily mean that the other world is overlaying Gensokyo."
>"Right, it would seem that a new course of action is now open to us. It may behoove us to investigate areas with unusually high concentrations of magical energy. the Forest of Magic, maybe. Or perhaps Makai. Which brings to mind something else that we should probably look into. Youmu has been affected by the overlay, and she spends most of her time in Hakugyokuro. Is the overlay then also affecting realms connected to Gensokyo, such as Hakugyokuro or Makai?"
>Yuyuko: "You think we should search for gaps in those places? They're not small places, you know; looking may take a while."
>Shiki: "Then we can again seek the aid of Rikako; her gap-detecting device should be able to aid in such a search."
>Suika: "So which do we go with, the overlay's cause or how bad it's hitting other places? Yeah, we can look into both, but what do we start with?"
>This is getting confusing. We need a drink.
>Drink.
>You drink. It makes your mind sharper in defiance of what alcohol is supposed to do.

>Shiki: "I don't know. I don't even know if looking into them will help at all. Any thoughts, Patchouli? Yukari?"
>Patchouli says "I'm only good at research, and there isn't much more to be researched here."
>Yukari says "Well, you haven't got very many leads."

>The Hunger: "Goodness, Shiki, you really haven't thought of trying to speak with those people in Sakuya's head by finding who they're playing as? I think I even have a hunch~"
>Shiki: "I have thought of it. I don't think it will work, but I'll admit that my previous ideas haven't met with much success. Perhaps that's something we should look into, then. Who is it that you think they're playing as?"

>Teiidae Trapper: "Whoa hey HEY HEY HEY!" Catch the goddesses! "Don't you just run out on me like that!"
>"I guess I can let you guys go for now, but if Keine mentions anything worse when I talk with her I'm gonna be having frog legs on a stick for dinner, you got that?"
>Suwako says "Then what was the point of catching us if you're just going to let us go, anyways?"
>She and Kanako head off.

>What time is it, anyway? Do we know any decent places to eat in the Underground?
>You don't really know, but it must be sunset by now. You don't know any places to eat in the Underground.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on June 24, 2011, 12:57:49 AM
>Anole Antagonist: Call after them, "To give you the proper warning!"
>Mutter. Freakin' impolite for that matter...
>Was there food in that bar we were just in? How much money do we have again? Keine's not gonna run off.
>Uh, did we hear back from Yukari?

>Fansiyuyuan: "Well, when you went to have that talk with poor Koishi, Suika and I visited Satori's place to look for Utsuho. She wasn't there at the moment, but Orin was! And since she was one of the ones you mentioned them playing with, in that exact location, it made sense to ask who else was there, of course? So, there's a rather interesting 'Maribel' girl around... I wonder what would happen if we explained Sakuya's situation to her?"
>Beat.
>"Oh... and how's Koishi, anyway? The poor girl isn't still with us, is she? Is she alright?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 24, 2011, 02:52:44 AM
>Anole Antagonist: Call after them, "To give you the proper warning!"
>They give you no indication of hearing you as they fly off.

>Mutter. Freakin' impolite for that matter...
>Well, if they're impolite, how about yourself?

>Was there food in that bar we were just in? How much money do we have again? Keine's not gonna run off.
>Yeah, there was. You have 30☼.

>Uh, did we hear back from Yukari?
>Not yet.
>Yukari says "Apparently, she has seen a hakutaku pass by."

>Fansiyuyuan: "Well, when you went to have that talk with poor Koishi, Suika and I visited Satori's place to look for Utsuho. She wasn't there at the moment, but Orin was! And since she was one of the ones you mentioned them playing with, in that exact location, it made sense to ask who else was there, of course? So, there's a rather interesting 'Maribel' girl around... I wonder what would happen if we explained Sakuya's situation to her?"
>Beat.
>"Oh... and how's Koishi, anyway? The poor girl isn't still with us, is she? Is she alright?"
>Eiki replies "To both of your questions, no, she isn't."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on June 24, 2011, 03:50:07 AM
>Iguana Intuitite: "Was it the one that got used for the Gensokyo Isle incident? Or did she even speak with it?"
>The bar was run by that Nue we fought during the Byakuren thing, right? Is she reasonable enough, all things considered?
>If so, head in and ask the barkeep how much for a cheap meal. ... and maybe a cheap drink.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 24, 2011, 04:16:03 AM
>Shiki: "I think that what Koishi needs right now is to be left alone with her thoughts. Yukari's keeping an eye on her and will alert us if she is ever in danger, but aside from that, I think the best thing we can do for her right now is let her be."
>Do we know of a 'Maribel'?
>"Does anyone know where this 'Maribel' lives?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 24, 2011, 11:06:21 PM
>Iguana Intuitite: "Was it the one that got used for the Gensokyo Isle incident? Or did she even speak with it?"
>"I haven't asked about either, but I'll do so now."

>The bar was run by that Nue we fought during the Byakuren thing, right? Is she reasonable enough, all things considered?
>You barely know her, but she must be somewhat reasonable if she's running a successful bar.

>If so, head in and ask the barkeep how much for a cheap meal. ... and maybe a cheap drink.
>You head back in and ask the barkeep for a cheap meal. She replies "What on the menu do you want?"

>Shiki: "I think that what Koishi needs right now is to be left alone with her thoughts. Yukari's keeping an eye on her and will alert us if she is ever in danger, but aside from that, I think the best thing we can do for her right now is let her be."
>Do we know of a 'Maribel'?
>You do not.

>"Does anyone know where this 'Maribel' lives?"
>Yukari says "I don't think she's actually settled in Gensokyo yet." She then whispers in your (as Eiki) ears "Were there any other hakutaku around Higan? Did you speak with that hakutaku?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 25, 2011, 01:16:30 AM
>Shiki: Did we? Whatever the answer is, tell Yukari.
>"Yukari, how much information about this 'Maribel' would you need in order to locate her?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 25, 2011, 02:04:18 AM
>Shiki: Did we? Whatever the answer is, tell Yukari.
>You didn't see any other hakutaku around Higan, and you didn't speak with that hakutaku.
>"I see."

>"Yukari, how much information about this 'Maribel' would you need in order to locate her?"
>"That depends on the information."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 25, 2011, 02:25:10 AM
>Shiki: "In that case, let's open the floor. Does anyone know anything about this 'Maribel'? Yukari? Patchoulli?"
>Party: State any known information.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on June 25, 2011, 11:59:55 AM
>Gharial Gangster: What IS on the menu? Are the prices listed?
>Upon Yukari's report, mutter. Great, now we might have to actually talk to Komachi... although. Whisper back, "And would Komachi know more?"

>Osborne Yuyunge: "I believe Utsuho said that she was probably aboveground, but that isn't very detailed, is it? I believe Orin described her as having... blonde hair, purple eyes, and a black dress rather like her own."
>Smile. "Oh yes, and I rather suspect she's close to that Renko girl you heard about, as well~ Who has short brown hair and a rather colorful sundress, I'm told!"
>Pause. "Although, perhaps it would be easiest to see where the people in Sakuya's head say she is? Where would that poor maid be?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 26, 2011, 04:59:15 AM
>Gharial Gangster: What IS on the menu? Are the prices listed?
>The only food item is a rice bowl, going for 5☼. There are various drinks for varying prices.
>Yukari says "Apparently, that was the only hakutaku in Higan, so I'd presume that was the one in the jewel. Unfortunately, she didn't speak to her. I don' think she was aware that that hakutaku came in jewel form."

>Upon Yukari's report, mutter. Great, now we might have to actually talk to Komachi... although. Whisper back, "And would Komachi know more?"
>"Not much more, probably."

>Shiki: "In that case, let's open the floor. Does anyone know anything about this 'Maribel'? Yukari? Patchoulli?"
>Party: State any known information.
>Osborne Yuyunge: "I believe Utsuho said that she was probably aboveground, but that isn't very detailed, is it? I believe Orin described her as having... blonde hair, purple eyes, and a black dress rather like her own."
>Smile. "Oh yes, and I rather suspect she's close to that Renko girl you heard about, as well~ Who has short brown hair and a rather colorful sundress, I'm told!"
>Pause. "Although, perhaps it would be easiest to see where the people in Sakuya's head say she is? Where would that poor maid be?"
>Yukari says "Do you really think that the game they're playing actually has any relation to where Maribel is? If it is, it would be an amazing coincidence."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on June 26, 2011, 05:18:11 AM
>Leatherback Lady: Bah, that's not much help. Well, that can be left on the backburner, Keine would be a higher priority anyway...
>Sigh. "Thanks, Yukari."
>There's something more important to take care of at the moment, anyway. Order up that rice.
>What's the drink selection like? Anything that's both cheap and should give us a little buzz to cool down without causing any drunken hindrances?
>How well do we handle alcohol, anyway?

>Ectoplasmic Ennstaler: "It's a rather amazing coincidence that the two visited the Palace of Earth Spirits just before we did, isn't it? If it wouldn't be too much trouble, Yukari dear, it would probably be the easiest way to do it, wouldn't it?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 26, 2011, 06:26:33 AM
>Leatherback Lady: Bah, that's not much help. Well, that can be left on the backburner, Keine would be a higher priority anyway...
>Sigh. "Thanks, Yukari."
>There's something more important to take care of at the moment, anyway. Order up that rice.
>"Fine by me." Nue exits through a back door, presumably to a kitchen of some kind.

>What's the drink selection like? Anything that's both cheap and should give us a little buzz to cool down without causing any drunken hindrances?
>Yeah, there is a cheap and calming drink up there. It costs 4☼.

>How well do we handle alcohol, anyway?
>You can hold your liquor pretty well.

>Ectoplasmic Ennstaler: "It's a rather amazing coincidence that the two visited the Palace of Earth Spirits just before we did, isn't it? If it wouldn't be too much trouble, Yukari dear, it would probably be the easiest way to do it, wouldn't it?"
>"Indeed. It is worth a try."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 26, 2011, 08:59:07 AM
>Shiki: "You know,Yuyuko, your description reminded me of Yukari. It may be a long shot, Yukari, but perhaps you should try searching for someone who looks like you."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 26, 2011, 02:53:08 PM
>Shiki: "You know,Yuyuko, your description reminded me of Yukari. It may be a long shot, Yukari, but perhaps you should try searching for someone who looks like you."
>"I already knew that Maribel looks very similar to me. The problem is looking all over Gensokyo, which I will probably not be able to do because of my current condition. I suggest we try Yuyuko's plan."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 26, 2011, 05:28:42 PM
>Shiki: "Very well, then. We will need Rikako's device again, however."
>Yuyuko: "Don't worry about a gap here, Yukari dear. I'll go get her."
>Assuming no objections, depart for Rikako's.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on June 27, 2011, 05:11:45 AM
>Boa Bromide: Almost as much as the rice? Ergh... nah.
>Wait out for the meal and dig in. Anything of note going on in the establishment?
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 27, 2011, 06:09:01 AM
>Shiki: "Very well, then. We will need Rikako's device again, however."
>Yuyuko: "Don't worry about a gap here, Yukari dear. I'll go get her."
>Yukari asks "Can't we just ask where Sakuya is?"

>Boa Bromide: Almost as much as the rice? Ergh... nah.
>Too expensive...

>Wait out for the meal and dig in. Anything of note going on in the establishment?
>You wait for the meal. A few minutes later, Nue enters and sets a bowl in front of you. You devour it as politely as the word "devour" lets you.
>Well, that was satisfying.
>Nothing important seems to be going on.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on June 27, 2011, 06:45:09 AM
>Uh, what all do we need to do to talk with those guys in Sakuya's head again? Who's required and where would they be at the moment? If not, who's present and relevant to ask for more information?
>For example, ask Patchouli about Sakuya if she's there... we're letting her know about what's going on, if nothing else.

>Skink Skipper: Contented sigh. Ah, that's a bit better.
>Have we paid yet? If not, do so and thank Nue for the meal.
>Can't really rest, though; time to head topside and head to the village to find Keine. Keep an eye out for that stupid bucket.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 27, 2011, 01:42:16 PM
>Shiki: "We'll need Rikako's device to see through the gap, though, correct?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 27, 2011, 10:53:23 PM
>Uh, what all do we need to do to talk with those guys in Sakuya's head again? Who's required and where would they be at the moment? If not, who's present and relevant to ask for more information?
>You can't actually communicate with the people in the gap in Sakuya's mind, but if you want to see what they're doing again, you'll need Yukari to transport you in there and Rikako to operate her device

>For example, ask Patchouli about Sakuya if she's there... we're letting her know about what's going on, if nothing else.
>"Sakuya is currently cleaning a hallway in the upper-left corner of the mansion."

>Shiki: "We'll need Rikako's device to see through the gap, though, correct?"
>"Ah yes..."

>Skink Skipper: Contented sigh. Ah, that's a bit better.
>That felt good.

>Have we paid yet? If not, do so and thank Nue for the meal.
>You have not, so you hand Nue 5☼. You now have 25☼.
>"You're welcome."

>Can't really rest, though; time to head topside and head to the village to find Keine. Keep an eye out for that stupid bucket.
>You move out of the restaurant and fly quickly to the entrance of the underground tunnels (from the Ancient City side). You haven't seen the bucket girl yet.
>(Command stops here because the parser finds it unlikely that Reimu would be able to exit the underground before Eiki finishes this conversation.)
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 28, 2011, 03:36:01 AM
>Yuyuko: "I'll go get Rikako, then."
>Depart for Rikako's.
>Shiki: "Yukari, what's Reimu's status? Does she plan on rejoining us any time soon?"
>Once Yukari answers: "Is there perhaps something you could do so that she and I could speak to each other directly even over a distance, rather than have you relay what we say?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 28, 2011, 05:57:58 AM
>Yuyuko: "I'll go get Rikako, then."
>Depart for Rikako's.
>You leave for Rikako's house. Wow, this trip is rather short.
>You eventually find yourself at Rikako's doorstep.

>Shiki: "Yukari, what's Reimu's status? Does she plan on rejoining us any time soon?"
>"Reimu just finished a decent meal and is now heading aboveground to further investigate the Gensokyo Isle incident."

>Once Yukari answers: "Is there perhaps something you could do so that she and I could speak to each other directly even over a distance, rather than have you relay what we say?"
>"I could easily move the gaps I'm using to communicate with you next to each other."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 28, 2011, 01:44:55 PM
>Shiki: "Then please do so."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 28, 2011, 05:10:13 PM
>Shiki: "Then please do so."
>"Right."
>There is silence.
>"You should be able to talk to Reimu now."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on June 28, 2011, 11:53:51 PM
>Molehill Morgue: Knock. "Ri~ka~ko~"

>Armpits: Continue on to the village.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 29, 2011, 02:07:33 AM
>Molehill Morgue: Knock. "Ri~ka~ko~"
>The door opens, and Rikako is standing in it. "Oh, hi. I see you're alone."

>Armpits: Continue on to the village.
>You continue through the tunnels and to the village, which takes much less long than you remember during the geyser incident. You eventually see the village close ahead.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 29, 2011, 02:12:41 AM
>Shiki: "Reimu, can you hear me?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on June 29, 2011, 02:22:20 AM
>m/v martini: "Uh, should I go bug Sakuya?"

>Dermatemydidae Dame: Where would Keine be around now? Head there if we know; otherwise uh... do we know where her house is? Try there. Failing that, the school.
>Upon hearing the Yama's voice: "Wh-- the hell? Shiki, when did you pick up THAT tri... oh. Yeah, I guess this would be easier, Yukari. Thanks."
>"I need to verify that story about the hakutaku gem thing. You gonna help with that, or should I just go talk to Keine?"

>Yuyukon: "Ah, it wasn't all that necessary for the others to come as well, really. I'm mostly here to, well, pick you up, I suppose. I've gotten rather curious about the Renko girl that the Yama told us you heard about, as well as who the group was roleplaying as... which I think I can guess~ But we'll need your help with that gap-viewing device to find her easily, I think. Would you, please?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 29, 2011, 03:31:11 AM
>Shiki: "We're attempting to track down the person that the people we saw through the gap in Sakuya's mind were roleplaying as. We're going back into Sakuya's mind to learn where this woman is."
>"Reimu, are you intent on investigating the Gensokyo Isle incident right now?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on June 29, 2011, 03:46:19 AM
>Reptile Reaper: "For the most part. I'm not letting that slide, and it doesn't look like you need me around THAT much right now."
>"Though if Koishi's responsible for this and still hasn't gotten what's coming to her..."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 29, 2011, 04:07:19 AM
>Shiki: "You will not be permitted to interfere with Koishi. You will not be told where she is, and if you manage to find her on your own, Yukari will inform me and we will arive to prevent you from harming her. Her situation at the moment is far too delecate to allow you to attack her."
>"With that said, if you are determined to place that incident above this one in priority, then that is your decision. At the moment, I fear I need all the help I can get, but I will not force you to aid me. If you wish to part ways from us, that is your choice to make, and if at any point you decide to return to the current incident, your assistance would once again be welcomed."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 29, 2011, 04:20:42 AM
>m/v martini: "Uh, should I go bug Sakuya?"
>Patchouli replies "If you can do it in a way that doesn't interrupt her maid work, then go ahead."

>Yuyukon: "Ah, it wasn't all that necessary for the others to come as well, really. I'm mostly here to, well, pick you up, I suppose. I've gotten rather curious about the Renko girl that the Yama told us you heard about, as well as who the group was roleplaying as... which I think I can guess~ But we'll need your help with that gap-viewing device to find her easily, I think. Would you, please?"
>"Fine. It's not as if I have better things to do..."

>Shiki: "Reimu, can you hear me?"
>Dermatemydidae Dame: Where would Keine be around now? Head there if we know; otherwise uh... do we know where her house is? Try there. Failing that, the school.
>Upon hearing the Yama's voice: "Wh-- the hell? Shiki, when did you pick up THAT tri... oh. Yeah, I guess this would be easier, Yukari. Thanks."
>"I need to verify that story about the hakutaku gem thing. You gonna help with that, or should I just go talk to Keine?"
>Shiki: "We're attempting to track down the person that the people we saw through the gap in Sakuya's mind were roleplaying as. We're going back into Sakuya's mind to learn where this woman is."
>"Reimu, are you intent on investigating the Gensokyo Isle incident right now?"
>Reptile Reaper: "For the most part. I'm not letting that slide, and it doesn't look like you need me around THAT much right now."
>"Though if Koishi's responsible for this and still hasn't gotten what's coming to her..."
>Shiki: "You will not be permitted to interfere with Koishi. You will not be told where she is, and if you manage to find her on your own, Yukari will inform me and we will arive to prevent you from harming her. Her situation at the moment is far too delecate to allow you to attack her."
>"With that said, if you are determined to place that incident above this one in priority, then that is your decision. At the moment, I fear I need all the help I can get, but I will not force you to aid me. If you wish to part ways from us, that is your choice to make, and if at any point you decide to return to the current incident, your assistance would once again be welcomed."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on June 29, 2011, 05:16:23 AM
>Pettanko Piscola: "Would goin' up to talk to her count?"

>Tantalus Yuyunge: Clap hands cheerfully. "Oh, thank you very much, Rikako! The others are waiting at the Mansion right now."
>Pause. "Well, most of them. Poor Koishi ended up leaving over some... personal issues, I believe."
>"Regardless, shall we be on our way?"
>Head back to the SDM with Rikako.

>Viper Vigilante: Mutter. Doesn't get it, does she...
>"For now? Fine. Not like I can readily find Koishi on my own. But if she shows up, don't expect me to take it sitting down."
>"And since there's not much to do in looking for her, I guess I'll get back on your thing if I'm satisfied about that gem explanation and hear how the whole mess happened. Though I'd rather appreciate a report about that dead hakutaku once you get the chance."
>Let's leave out the possibility of talking to it ourselves for whether Keine's answer is unsatisfactory...
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on June 29, 2011, 01:53:49 PM
>Shiki: "I don't know when that will be, but yes, I can do that."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 29, 2011, 07:38:47 PM
>Pettanko Piscola: "Would goin' up to talk to her count?"
>Patchouli replies "Depends on how you go up and talk to her."

>Tantalus Yuyunge: Clap hands cheerfully. "Oh, thank you very much, Rikako! The others are waiting at the Mansion right now."
>"You're welcome, I guess."

>Pause. "Well, most of them. Poor Koishi ended up leaving over some... personal issues, I believe."
>"Regardless, shall we be on our way?"
>"Fine, then, let's go."

>Head back to the SDM with Rikako.
>You and Rikako head towards the SDM gates. When you get there, you see Meiling, who obviously looks drowsy.
>"Must...not...sleep. Oh, it's you. Go ahead...and..." She yawns. "...enter. Urghh."

>Viper Vigilante: Mutter. Doesn't get it, does she...
>"For now? Fine. Not like I can readily find Koishi on my own. But if she shows up, don't expect me to take it sitting down."
>"And since there's not much to do in looking for her, I guess I'll get back on your thing if I'm satisfied about that gem explanation and hear how the whole mess happened. Though I'd rather appreciate a report about that dead hakutaku once you get the chance."
>Shiki: "I don't know when that will be, but yes, I can do that."

>Let's leave out the possibility of talking to it ourselves for whether Keine's answer is unsatisfactory...
>Yeah, you don't need to die.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on June 30, 2011, 05:25:33 AM
>Romanyuyuofs: "Oh, poor Meiling. Hang in there, alright? We're looking into those strange people through the gaps in you and Sakuya's heads now. Stay strong~"
>Give the girl a big hug of encouragement!
>"And didn't you see me leave?"
>If Meiling has nothing to add, head in and rejoin the others.

>Python Prodigy: "Good. Then we'll talk later."
>Find Keine!
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on June 30, 2011, 09:42:17 PM
>Romanyuyuofs: "Oh, poor Meiling. Hang in there, alright? We're looking into those strange people through the gaps in you and Sakuya's heads now. Stay strong~"
>Give the girl a big hug of encouragement!
>"What the-oooookay..."

>"And didn't you see me leave?"
"You have now won the reward for saying the least comedic thing to ever been said that is slashed out."

>If Meiling has nothing to add, head in and rejoin the others.
>You head into the SDM and head over to the library.
>As Eiki, you see Yuyuko enter the library with Rikako.

>Python Prodigy: "Good. Then we'll talk later."
>Find Keine!
>You suppose that by now school's out and Keine's at home, so...wait, where is her house, anyways?
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on July 01, 2011, 03:05:37 AM
>Shiki: "Hello again, Rikako. I'm sorry to keep bothering you, but we need your device again."
>"We're going to attempt to track down the person that group we saw through the gap in Sakuya's head are playing as, the thought being that there may be some connection between what actually happens here and what happens in their roleplay. There have already been matching events, it seems."
>"Okay, let's go find Sakuya."
>Party: Go look for Sakuya.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on July 01, 2011, 06:58:30 AM
>Turtle Tamer: God damnit, every single time...
>"Oi, any of you guys know where Keine's house is?"
>If they know, head there. Otherwise, find someone in the village to ask and go.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on July 02, 2011, 05:36:00 AM
>Shiki: "Hello again, Rikako. I'm sorry to keep bothering you, but we need your device again."
>"We're going to attempt to track down the person that group we saw through the gap in Sakuya's head are playing as, the thought being that there may be some connection between what actually happens here and what happens in their roleplay. There have already been matching events, it seems."
>"Okay, let's go find Sakuya."
>Party: Go look for Sakuya.
>You all head over to the northeastern or so side of the SDM. The SDM's layout is actually pretty easy to navigate, so you don't get lost.
>When you get there, you see Sakuya on a hallway to your left. Isn't this the area with the door where you found Remilia at?

>Turtle Tamer: God damnit, every single time...
>So many damn interruptions...

>"Oi, any of you guys know where Keine's house is?"
>Nobody notices you. Looks like you're going to have to speak louder.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on July 02, 2011, 06:17:16 AM
>Shiki: Call out to Sakuya. If she doesn't respond, get closer and call out to her again.
>When she responds, explain the plan to her (being sure to apologize for Yukari's rudeness in sending us straight into Sakuya's mind last time)..
>"So I am sorry to bother you again, but may we once more have permission to enter your mind?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on July 02, 2011, 03:06:26 PM
>Whiptail Whopper: Screw it. Ask a local.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on July 02, 2011, 06:02:10 PM
>Shiki: Call out to Sakuya. If she doesn't respond, get closer and call out to her again.
>You call out. She responds on the first try.
>"Hello." She doesn't stop doing what she's doing (dusting some old vase) while saying this.

>When she responds, explain the plan to her (being sure to apologize for Yukari's rudeness in sending us straight into Sakuya's mind last time).
>"Well, at least you didn't touch anything."
>Rikako mutters something under her breath.

>"So I am sorry to bother you again, but may we once more have permission to enter your mind?"
>"Very well."

>Whiptail Whopper: Screw it. Ask a local.
>You approach a random local, a middle-aged man who doesn't look busy right now, and ask him where Keine's house is.
>"Well, you know where the school is, right?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on July 02, 2011, 07:34:20 PM
>Shiki: "Thank you. Yukari, a gap, please."
>While the gap is forming: "All right, then. Rikako, you and I will enter Sakuya's mind. We'll observe what's happening in that group's roleplay. Yuyuko, Suika, as soon as we have an idea as to Maribel's location, we'll have Yukari relay the information to you. Rikako and I will remain in Sakuya's mind while the two of you look for Maribel, in case there's any change in her location or anything else that might be worth knowing. Understood?"
>Yuyuko: "Got it."
>Suika: "Yep!" Drink.
>Shiki: Once the gap has formed, enter it with Rikako, proceed to the gap in Sakuya's mind, and let Rikako do her thing.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on July 02, 2011, 11:28:55 PM
>Shiki: "Thank you. Yukari, a gap, please."
>While the gap is forming: "All right, then. Rikako, you and I will enter Sakuya's mind. We'll observe what's happening in that group's roleplay. Yuyuko, Suika, as soon as we have an idea as to Maribel's location, we'll have Yukari relay the information to you. Rikako and I will remain in Sakuya's mind while the two of you look for Maribel, in case there's any change in her location or anything else that might be worth knowing. Understood?"
>Rikako says "Yeah..."

>Yuyuko: "Got it."
>Suika: "Yep!" Drink.
>You gain 3 Drunkenness. You currently have 1000 Drunkenness.

>Shiki: Once the gap has formed, enter it with Rikako, proceed to the gap in Sakuya's mind, and let Rikako do her thing.
>You wait until the gap has been formed. Wow, it's taking so long that it takes one more post for it to fully open.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on July 03, 2011, 01:34:38 AM
>Fine.

>Shiki: Once the gap has formed, enter it with Rikako, proceed to the gap in Sakuya's mind, and let Rikako do her thing.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on July 03, 2011, 02:21:15 AM
>Genji Jerrymander: We do, right? Point in the general direction. "Over there, right?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on July 04, 2011, 09:33:06 PM
>Fine.
>That's cheating.

>Shiki: Once the gap has formed, enter it with Rikako, proceed to the gap in Sakuya's mind, and let Rikako do her thing.
>You and Rikako enter the gap. You see the same landscape as before. Rikako lifts her device and activates it.
>You look into the device. Again, you see the man in the trash can and a group of people around him. The small crowd has slightly different people, though.
>The man in the trash can says "'I think I can,' Renko says. 'It'd be harder without her backup, but that's okay.' She glances toward you. 'If you'd help, though...I know we could do it!'"

>Genji Jerrymander: We do, right? Point in the general direction. "Over there, right?"
>You do know where the school is, and you point to the north (by northeast).
>"Yeah. Ms. Kamishirasawa's house is farther down the road, at the end of the road. If it wasn't at a conveniently explainable location you would probaly be able to miss it."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on July 04, 2011, 09:38:31 PM
>Genji Jerrymander: We do (know where the school is), right? Point in the general direction. "Over there, right?"
>Iguana Inciter: "Shoulda figured. Thanks."
>Head over and knock on the door.

>Yuyukan Harz: "Could the rest of us at least listen in this time, Yukari dear? I really do want to see what all this is about."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on July 05, 2011, 05:55:07 AM
>Genji Jerrymander: We do (know where the school is), right? Point in the general direction. "Over there, right?"
>Edit screwover.
>Which Genji? That Genji? (http://duelmasters.wikia.com/wiki/Genji_Double_Cross%2C_Blastdragon)


>Iguana Inciter: "Shoulda figured. Thanks."
>"You're welcome."

>Head over and knock on the door.
>You fly over and knock on the door. The door opens, and you see Keine.
>"Hello, Reimu. Why are you here?"

>Yuyukan Harz: "Could the rest of us at least listen in this time, Yukari dear? I really do want to see what all this is about."
>"Gladly, Yuyuko."
>You hear these words from an unfamiliar person: "'I think I can,' Renko says. 'It'd be harder without her backup, but that's okay.' She glances toward you. 'If you'd help, though...I know we could do it!'"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on July 05, 2011, 06:01:35 AM
>Shiki: Keep listening.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on July 05, 2011, 06:10:16 AM
>Cheloniidae Charlatan: Fold arms. "Gensokyo Isle."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on July 05, 2011, 08:57:40 PM
>Shiki: Keep listening.
>A person in the crowd, a blue-haired girl, says "'Renko... you know that I already said I can't. I appreciate so much that you've changed your mind on looting the place afterward, but... that still doesn't change the fact that I don't feel I can fight them in good conscious.'" The buxom girl from before says "Ponder whether or not Sakuya would forgive the use of a 'teleportation' demonstration if her name specifically wasn't dropped and it was done in the interest of preventing her household from getting overrun in a most painful and embarrassing fashion."

>Cheloniidae Charlatan: Fold arms. "Gensokyo Isle."
>"How did you find out that wasn't just a dream?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on July 06, 2011, 01:36:59 AM
>Anapsida Antagonist: Scowl. "Koishi. After Yukari hinted at it. Though I'm still not clear on how responsible Koishi was for the mess - so I know just how many needles to leave in her once I find her again - or how things got put back to normal."
>Chuckle darkly. "And I'm not sure how much I can trust the goddess' words after all that, either..."
>Raise eyebrow. "But I assume you can at least answer that second part, right?"

>Yuyutan Kuray: Gasp. "Oh my, are those two responsible for those fairy armies?"

>Gravity Godmother: "... wha?"
>Have we ever gathered fairies like that before? Or just for kicks.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on July 06, 2011, 02:39:13 AM
>Shiki: "Is she with the fairy army, then?"
>Keep listening.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on July 06, 2011, 05:11:46 AM
>Anapsida Antagonist: Scowl. "Koishi. After Yukari hinted at it. Though I'm still not clear on how responsible Koishi was for the mess - so I know just how many needles to leave in her once I find her again - or how things got put back to normal."
>Chuckle darkly. "And I'm not sure how much I can trust the goddess' words after all that, either..."
>Raise eyebrow. "But I assume you can at least answer that second part, right?"
>"Yes..."

>Yuyutan Kuray: Gasp. "Oh my, are those two responsible for those fairy armies?"
>Gravity Godmother: "... wha?"
>Have we ever gathered fairies like that before? Or just for kicks.
>Not really.

>Shiki: "Is she with the fairy army, then?"
>Keep listening.
>The trash can man says "She sighs. 'Alright. I guess if some chunk of whatsit really means that much to you...' You expect she wouldn't have issues with this."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on July 06, 2011, 05:20:15 AM
>Skink Scarer: Nod for her to continue.

>Yuyuna Gora: 'Teleportation', hm... perhaps that's why this gap is in the maid's head.
>Suppress knowing ufufufu.
>Listen in until some information is provided about Renko and/or Mary's current or near-future location.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on July 06, 2011, 05:26:24 AM
>Shiki: "Hmm... if they're talking about Sakuya like that, then they may actually come to the SDM soon."

>Again, keep listening.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on July 06, 2011, 09:28:07 PM
>Skink Scarer: Nod for her to continue.
>"How much do you already know about how Gensokyo Isle was changed back?"

>Yuyuna Gora: 'Teleportation', hm... perhaps that's why this gap is in the maid's head.
>Suppress knowing ufufufu
>You conceal your hypothesis on why this gap is in Sakuya's head. But is that really such a good idea?

>Shiki: "Hmm... if they're talking about Sakuya like that, then they may actually come to the SDM soon."

>Listen in until some information is provided about Renko and/or Mary's current or near-future location.
>Again, keep listening.
>The blue-haired girl says "'It's more than that, you know. I talked to them. They helped me, I helped them; I'd like to stay on good terms with them too, you know. I'm sure you'd feel a bit differently about doing this kind of thing to someone you knew, even a little.' Continue on to Alice's house."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on July 06, 2011, 10:28:05 PM
>Tortoise Trampler: "Considering that it was apparently done by fucking up history with some hakutaku soul gem thing and Utsuho said something about you wanting it to go to a proper afterlife, I'm guessing it was you. But I'm rather lacking in details."

>Sawtooth Yuyus: "Oh my, Alice? That's right near here, isn't it? I'll have to go see~ Keep me updated, Yukari dear~"
>Depart for Alice's, but stay under cover to avoid easy notice, if possible.

>Caipirinha Crusher: "Headin' here, eh? How 'bouts I help that guardy girl?"
>Chuckle. "An' maybe some sake'll keep her awake, right?"
>That, and we just gotta see this fairy army stuff. That'll be a damn good brawl.
>If no objections, head for the front gate.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on July 07, 2011, 02:17:26 AM
>Shiki: "Alice's house. Yukari, make sure Yuyuko and Suika get over there."
>Keep listening.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on July 07, 2011, 05:20:56 AM
>Tortoise Trampler: "Considering that it was apparently done by fucking up history with some hakutaku soul gem thing and Utsuho said something about you wanting it to go to a proper afterlife, I'm guessing it was you. But I'm rather lacking in details."
>"Ah...this explanation might take a while. Come in."

>Sawtooth Yuyus: "Oh my, Alice? That's right near here, isn't it? I'll have to go see~ Keep me updated, Yukari dear~"
>Yukari says "It isn't terribly close to here."

>Depart for Alice's, but stay under cover to avoid easy notice, if possible.
>You need clarification to show that Yuyuko does know where Alice's house is.

>Caipirinha Crusher: "Headin' here, eh? How 'bouts I help that guardy girl?"
>Chuckle. "An' maybe some sake'll keep her awake, right?"
>Sakuya says "Go ahead. I'd guess she's sleeping by now, though, so wake her up."

>That, and we just gotta see this fairy army stuff. That'll be a damn good brawl.
>You versus a fairy army. Bring it on!

>If no objections, head for the front gate.
>You head to the front gate. Sakuya guessed correctly- Meiling is asleep. How are you going to wake her up, if at all?

>Shiki: "Alice's house. Yukari, make sure Yuyuko and Suika get over there."
>"Very well."

>Keep listening.
>The trash can man says "'They gave you some spell thing,' says Renko. 'I did more than that for you in the course of a day back at the agency.' You walk down the road, toward the late, Renko taking the lead."
>The blue-haired girl replies "'Renko... it's not about whether I care more about you or them. It really isn't. You know if it really came down to that, who I'd pick. But just because I care about you deeply doesn't mean that I feel right in going along with this. That's all. I want to do whatever I can to support you, Renko. Just... not something like this.'"
>"'Alright, alright,' she says. 'It's just kind of annoying to hear you talk about all they've done for you, when it pretty much isn't anything compared to us.'"
>"'All I'm saying is that I don't want to hurt them, because they're decent people who've done me no harm. No more, no less.' Take her arm. 'Renko... surely you know I don't mean it that way...''"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on July 07, 2011, 06:13:07 AM
>Gecko Gangster: Sigh for a moment, then follow in.
>"Try not to make it too long, there's something else stupid going on, too."

>Yuyukan Pirin: Er... actually, DO we know where Alice lives? Let's leave that aside for the moment, especially if Yukari's going to help anyway.
>"Oh my, that sounds like a rather serious conversation. Perhaps we should give them some time to work this out..."

>Batida Basher: Pour a cup of sake, walk over to her and nudge her. "Oi, you want a drink?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on July 08, 2011, 12:21:37 AM
>Gecko Gangster: Sigh for a moment, then follow in.
>You follow Keine into the interior of her house.

>"Try not to make it too long, there's something else stupid going on, too."
>"Right...have a seat." She gestures towards a table with four chairs.

>Yuyukan Pirin: Er... actually, DO we know where Alice lives? Let's leave that aside for the moment, especially if Yukari's going to help anyway.
>You do not.

>"Oh my, that sounds like a rather serious conversation. Perhaps we should give them some time to work this out..."
>"Yukari says "If that's what you want to do, dear."

>Batida Basher: Pour a cup of sake, walk over to her and nudge her. "Oi, you want a drink?"
>You don't have any cups on you. You go over to Meiling and nudge her. She doesn't wake up.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on July 08, 2011, 01:56:45 AM
>Shiki: "Wait, they don't know where Alice lives, do they? Gap them there, please, Yukari."
>Keep listening.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on July 08, 2011, 05:49:51 AM
>Hero of the Half-Shell: Take a seat. What's her place like, anyway?
>If she doesn't start up, prompt her.

>Gravitational Gimlet: "Ah well, more for me."
>Sip some booze and watch the skies for incoming fairies.
>Purchase the Little Chickadee trophy

>Laguna Yuyutains: "Ah, I'd rather be in the forest a bit away from them for now, so I can wait for the right moment~ Thank you again, Yukari dear."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on July 08, 2011, 07:38:46 PM
>Shiki: "Wait, they don't know where Alice lives, do they? Gap them there, please, Yukari."
>"Just so you know, only Yuyuko is heading over there."

>Keep listening.
>The trash can man says "She nods. 'Yeah, but that's not what you were saying. And you can only hear it said like you did so many times, you know?' You take her arm. 'Yeah, I was wrong,' she says. 'Sorry.'"
>The blue-haired girl replies "'No, I understand. I'm sorry, too.' Give her a little kiss on the cheek. Continue onwards."
>The big-breasted girl says "'And thank you for even going through with this. It means a lot to me that you're going to do this...especially after the things I just said. Once our conversation with Alice is over, perhaps we should have another talk ourselves? I kinda feel like I'm not doing as much for you as you are for me, and...well, I'm sure we can think of some things to discuss, you know?'"

>Hero of the Half-Shell: Take a seat. What's her place like, anyway?
>Ffffffuuuu-
>The living room has

>Gravitational Gimlet: "Ah well, more for me."
>You have infinite sake in there, there's really enough for everyone.

>Sip some booze and watch the skies for incoming fairies.
>You sip some booze and watch the sky for faeries. Nothing.

>Purchase the Little Chickadee trophy
>Good for you. Now that'll be 10000☼. (http://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/images/9/9d/No_well_ten_beers.gif)

>Laguna Yuyutains: "Ah, I'd rather be in the forest a bit away from them for now, so I can wait for the right moment~ Thank you again, Yukari dear."
>"Very well."
>You see the beginnings of a gap open.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on July 09, 2011, 12:10:01 AM
>Iguana Irritator: Unbreak Blitzer

>Mount Yuyu: 'Kiss?' Oh my, are they lovers? ... heehee... well, no, interrupting something like that would be a bit too rude, wouldn't it?
>Continue listening in while waiting for Yukari.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on July 09, 2011, 02:14:00 AM
>Shiki: "Only Yuyuko? What's Suika doing?"
>Again, keep listening.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on July 09, 2011, 02:32:08 AM
>Iguana Irritator: Unbreak Blitzer
>Crap, missed that.
>The living room has a mat with the table with four chairs on it. You sit on one of the chairs.
>"So, when the mountain gods created Gensokyo Isle, they needed to remove all that made Gensokyo's inhabitants...different than what existed in the Outside World. For youkai, it was removing their youkai self and sealing it away somewhere. For humans like yourself and Marisa, they sealed away your skills and abilities."

>Shiki: "Only Yuyuko? What's Suika doing?"
>"She's at the mansion gates with the asleep gate guard."
>Mount Yuyu: 'Kiss?' Oh my, are they lovers? ... heehee... well, no, interrupting something like that would be a bit too rude, wouldn't it?
>Yukari says "They are lovers now."

>Continue listening in while waiting for Yukari.
>Again, keep listening.
>The trash can man says "You return her apology and give her a quick kiss. She smiles a bit, 'Thanks,' she says. You can see the shore of the lake up ahead. There are a number of faeries playing over the water. 'I know, I know,' she says. 'And...you're helping me actually do this, aren't you? That's good enough.'"
>The blue-haired girl replies "'Don't worry, we'll get this sorted out. She cared enough to teach you; I'm sure she'll be willing to let this pass, too, in time.' We hope."
>The buxom girl adds "'Besides, I have to help you talk to Alice, don't I? I'm the reason you're late, after all.'"
>As Yuyuko, eventually the gap is large enough for you to enter.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on July 09, 2011, 04:07:39 AM
>Shiki: "Suika's with Meiling? And what exactly is she doing?"
>Continue listening.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on July 09, 2011, 07:36:52 AM
>Helodermatidae Heroine: "Huh, that so? I thought they just managed to screw up history somehow."
>Frown. That actually makes this a lot worse, doesn't it...
>"... keep going."

>Pettanko Colada: Lounge and watch for those fairies. Consider using Meiling as a footrest.

>Oppai Yosei: "Oh! Teehee, Yukari, are you sure you aren't a Satori, or do you just do that for me~"
>Peek through the gap; see where it goes.
>"Which direction would they be in after I jump in?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on July 09, 2011, 09:29:30 PM
>Shiki: "Suika's with Meiling? And what exactly is she doing?"
>"She sitting around, drinking sake, and watching for faeries. Although I doubt that they're invading now."

>Continue listening.
>The trash man says "She nods, while watching the faeries. 'Yeah, I hope so.' You both do. 'Well, yeah, but that was me, too...' She chuckles a bit. though you get the feeling it is akin to whistling through a graveyard for her. You can see the cabin where you saw the woman with the enormous doll earlier today."
>The buxom girl replies "'...Wait, THIS is Alice's place? ...I think I might know what that secret weapon is...'"
>"'Yep,' says Renko. 'Not too far from the target, either.' Renko nods. 'I've heard some stories from the faeries around here, myself.'"
>The blue-haired girls says "'Well, that sort of weapon is certainly... large and distinctive, at any rate. If it's something she's known for, I can't imagine she could hide her involvement from the people at the mansion after this was done with. I guess she just figured they wouldn't be able to do anything to her afterward?'"
>"'I assume she has ways to take care of herself,' says Renko, frowning."

>Helodermatidae Heroine: "Huh, that so? I thought they just managed to screw up history somehow."
>Frown. That actually makes this a lot worse, doesn't it...
>"... keep going."
>"Youkai had their abilities and youkai-hood removed and turned into spirits. Kanako let these spirits roam around Gensokyo Isle, not wanting to confine and possibly damage them. Minoriko Aki, who used to support the plot but felt that people were becoming alienated from their food sources, sent Utsuho's crow spirit to her because she hoped she could return things to the way they were."

>Pettanko Colada: Lounge and watch for those fairies. Consider using Meiling as a footrest.
>No fairies. You consider using Meiling as a footrest. Why the hell not?

>Oppai Yosei: "Oh! Teehee, Yukari, are you sure you aren't a Satori, or do you just do that for me~"
>Peek through the gap; see where it goes.
>You peek through. You see a plain cabin and two girls who, as you remember from Orin's descriptions, seem to be Renko and Maribel.

>"Which direction would they be in after I jump in?"
>You've already seen them, so no need to ask this.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on July 10, 2011, 01:49:02 AM
>Shiki: "It looks like they're serious about this attack."
>Keep listening,
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on July 10, 2011, 05:00:52 AM
>Monitor Maiden: "So the gods WERE in on it. At least Minoriko snapped out of it... though I may have to smack the rest."
>Frown. "Why Utsuho?"

>Lolita de On?a: Actually, is Meiling lying down? If so, use her chest as a sitting pillow.

>Yuyun Pelham: Bingo.
>Stay hidden for a bit and see how their words and actions match up to the trash can man's story as it goes.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on July 10, 2011, 07:50:50 AM
>Shiki: "It looks like they're serious about this attack."
>Keep listening,
>The blue-haired girl says "'Anyway, let's just get this over and done with. Nothing to be gained by waiting here, hoping it will go away.' Head towards the house. 'You want to knock first?'"
>In reply, the man says "Renko nods. You approach the house. It is a rather simple looking, boxy sort of cabin. It seems to be in very good condition, better maintained than practically any other home you've seen in Gensokyo. 'I think I should...' Renko says, as she walks up the small porch. She knocks on the door, and waits. She takes a few deep breaths. After a minute or so, the door opens, revealing the blonde woman in the blue dress whom you saw earlier today. She looks at Renko coolly, then says, 'Better late than never, I suppose.' Then she turns her blue-green eyes toward you and frowns. 'Who is this?'"
>"'Hi, I'm Maribel. I'm a very close friend of Renko's. We just managed to find each other again a short while ago.'"
>"'Ah, you're the infamous Maribel,' says Alice. 'Good, now we could focus. Except...why are you here? Have you decided to get involved?'"
>"'Infamous? Did Renko already mention me, then? And, well....' Look encouragingly at Renko. She should be the one to say it."
>"Alice nods. Renko takes your cue, and says. 'I'm out, Alice.' 'What.' There is no trace of a question in Alice's reply. 'I'm not going to raid the Scarlet Devil Mansion with you.' There is a painful silence, as Alice gives Renko a frosty look."

>Yuyun Pelham: Bingo.
>Stay hidden for a bit and see how their words and actions match up to the trash can man's story as it goes.
>You watch a bit as Renko and Maribel approach Alice's cabin.
>Maribel says "Anyway, let's just get this over and done with. Nothing to be gained by waiting here, hoping it will go away. You want to knock first?"
>Renko nods, and both of them approach the house. It is a rather simple looking, boxy sort of cabin. It seems to be in very good condition.
>"I think I should..." Renko says, as she walks up the small porch. She knocks on the door, and waits. She takes a few deep breaths. After a minute or so, the door opens, and you see a woman in a blue dress whom you're sure is Alice. "Better late than never, I suppose. Who is this?"
>"Hi, I'm Maribel. I'm a very close friend of Renko's. We just managed to find each other again a short while ago."
>"Ah, you're the infamous Maribel. Good, now we could focus. Except...why are you here? Have you decided to get involved?"
>"Infamous? Did Renko already mention me, then?"
>Alice nods.
>"And, well...."
>Renko says. "I'm out, Alice."
>"What."
>"I'm not going to raid the Scarlet Devil Mansion with you."
>Alice gives Renko a cold look.
>(lolcopypasta)
>Wow, it does match up. Everything does!

>Monitor Maiden: "So the gods WERE in on it. At least Minoriko snapped out of it... though I may have to smack the rest."
>Frown. "Why Utsuho?"
>"She didn't say anymore than that she hoped she could do it."

>Lolita de On?a: Actually, is Meiling lying down? If so, use her chest as a sitting pillow.
>She is, so you sit on her. She doesn't react.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on July 10, 2011, 08:35:15 AM
>Shiki: "Yukari, does this match up with anything that's actually happening?"
>Keep listening.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on July 11, 2011, 12:32:27 AM
>Shiki: "Yukari, does this match up with anything that's actually happening?"
>"It matches up exactly."

>Keep listening.
>The blue-haired girl says "'It's her decision to make, Alice. She proposed the idea in the first place. No one else has to know what did or didn't happen here.'"
>You hear some whispering among the crowd.
>The trash man says "'So if I understand you correctly,' she says, looking toward you, frowning just a little bit. 'You're threatening to inform on me? To my face? Is this correct?'"
>In reply, the blue-haired girl says "'I was saying the exact opposite, actually, if you note what I actually said. No one else knows, so you don't stand to lose anything that you didn't already have two days ago.'
>The buxom girl adds "'To be honest? I'd rather not 'inform on you'. Marisa is a good-natured person, and I'd rather not do that to one of her friends.'"
>"'No, I think you're trying to tell me you believe I'm a fool,' she says calmly. 'That your friend can just waltz in, take my time and knowledge, offer me false promises, and waltz away under the threat of trying to incriminate me. This really just leads me to wonder if you're bluffing, or you think you have something to back it. Perhaps I shouldn't take that chance?'"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on July 11, 2011, 02:50:40 AM
>Shiki: "Yukari, make sure Yuyuko's ready to intervene if this turns ugly. If it doesn't, tell her to wait until their business with Alice is concluded before showing herself."
>"I'm going to remain here for now; if things do indeed match up perfectly, then I'd like to see how our roleplayers react when Yuyuko starts talking about a group of roleplayers from another world. I expect they'll take it as part of the game and assume that their game master is simply 'breaking the fourth wall', as it's called, but still, I would like to see their reactions for myself."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on July 11, 2011, 03:54:44 AM
>Pitviper Punisher: "That's not a lot to go on..."
>Are we gonna have to visit the mountain again, too? Damnit.
>Sigh. "Whatever. What else did they have to do for that mess? And what's the full extent of Koishi's part in it?"

>Cosmopolitan Child: Is it comfy?

>Yuppalachians: If we overheard the Yama's comments, whisper back, "Oh, that's exactly the plan, Yama dear! Though you seem to know quite a lot about such stories..."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on July 11, 2011, 04:07:51 AM
>Shiki: If Yuyuko does reply: "I've held the position of Yama for over two thousand years. I've seen the lives of countless souls. It's safe to say that I've picked up a few things."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on July 11, 2011, 11:03:21 PM
>Shiki: "Yukari, make sure Yuyuko's ready to intervene if this turns ugly. If it doesn't, tell her to wait until their business with Alice is concluded before showing herself."
>"I'm going to remain here for now; if things do indeed match up perfectly, then I'd like to see how our roleplayers react when Yuyuko starts talking about a group of roleplayers from another world. I expect they'll take it as part of the game and assume that their game master is simply 'breaking the fourth wall', as it's called, but still, I would like to see their reactions for myself."
>Yuppalachians: If we overheard the Yama's comments, whisper back, "Oh, that's exactly the plan, Yama dear! Though you seem to know quite a lot about such stories..."
>Shiki: If Yuyuko does reply: "I've held the position of Yama for over two thousand years. I've seen the lives of countless souls. It's safe to say that I've picked up a few things."

>Pitviper Punisher: "That's not a lot to go on..."
>"I didn't say that was all."

>Are we gonna have to visit the mountain again, too? Damnit.
>You really don't want to get back up there...

>Sigh. "Whatever. What else did they have to do for that mess? And what's the full extent of Koishi's part in it?"
>"There was a jewel that they took from Eientei which had the essence of one of my ancestors in it, and they used it to change history. Koishi helped designate what they needed to change."

>Cosmopolitan Child: Is it comfy?
>Heck yes.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on July 12, 2011, 01:56:13 AM
>Lacertid Lady: "So one of the core planners, huh."
>Fight down a growl. Damnit, Yama...
>"Don't suppose you've got any further details on how they pulled that off?"

>Yueverett: "Of course, but that's a bit of an odd thing to pick up on, isn't it?"
>Try to keep quiet and stay out of sight; watch for them to finish this rather ugly chat with Alice, assuming it goes well enough...
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on July 12, 2011, 03:56:00 AM
>Shiki: "Perhaps."
>Keep listening.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on July 12, 2011, 05:21:29 AM
>Lacertid Lady: "So one of the core planners, huh."
>Fight down a growl. Damnit, Yama...
>You really want to beat the crap out of Koishi...

>"Don't suppose you've got any further details on how they pulled that off?"
>"Are there blanks I haven't filled in yet?"

>Yueverett: "Of course, but that's a bit of an odd thing to pick up on, isn't it?"
>Shiki: "Perhaps."

>Try to keep quiet and stay out of sight; watch for them to finish this rather ugly chat with Alice, assuming it goes well enough...
>Maribel says "I'm sorry that you feel I'm trying to incriminate you. I assure you that I came here with no intention of doing so. If you won't take my word for it, is there any way I can demonstrate my good faith?"
>Alice continues to give Maribel an icy look. After a few moments, she says. "We'll set this aside for now, and come back to it later."
>"Renko changed her mind. That is all. A person should always be entitled to do this. Was your knowledge given only in exchange for this?"
>"Should a person be entitled to freely go back upon their good word on a benefactor?" Alice asks. "Would you agree, Renko, that I've taught you some useful things that you would not have deciphered on your own? Did you not indicate that I would "not be sorry I did this?", to borrow your own words, after we had spent time beforehand planning our little escapade."
>"Well...I guess..." says Renko, glancing to you askance.
>"Then, can we agree you are going back upon your word, after I helped you?"

>Keep listening.
>The blue-haired girl says "'I'm sorry that you feel I'm trying to incriminate you. I assure you that I came here with no intention of doing so. If you won't take my word for it, is there any way I can demonstrate my good faith? Renko changed her mind. That is all. A person should always be entitled to do this. Was your knowledge given only in exchange for this?'"
>In reply, the trash man says "She continues to give you a frosty look, leaving you with a crawling feeling in your stomach. Is she about to do something? After a few moments, she says. 'We'll set this aside for now, and come back to it later.' You try to explain things for Renko. 'Should a person be entitled to freely go back upon their good word on a benefactor?' Alice asks, looking at you, then at Renko. 'Would you agree, Renko, that I've taught you some useful things that you would not have deciphered on your own? Did you not indicate that I would 'not be sorry I did this?", to borrow your own words, after we had spent time beforehand planning our little escapade.' 'Well...I guess...' says Renko, glancing to you askance. "Then, can we agree you are going back upon your word, after I helped you?'"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on July 12, 2011, 06:07:22 AM
>Shiki: "I hope this doesn't get ugly."
>Continue to watch and listen.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on July 12, 2011, 06:29:15 AM
>Shiki: "I hope this doesn't get ugly."
>Continue to watch and listen.
>The blue-haired girl says "Take Renko's hand."
>The buxom girl adds "And squeeze to show support."
>"'I agree that it's a bad thing to go back on one's word, but it's an even worse thing to plan to take another's home and possessions, no matter how appealing it might be to have them for yourself. And assistance given only in exchange for thievery is tainted. Alice, you have friends who care about you; do you think they would support this plan, either?'"
>The trash man says "You take Renko's hand, and give it a gentle squeeze. She squeezes back, not quite so gently. Alice's turns her gaze back to you. 'I have weighed such things. They are neither here nor there in regards breaking an oath freely given, thank you. Now, Renko,' says Alice. 'What are we going to do about this?'"
>"'Don't try to intimidate her into doing what you want her to, Alice; I hardly think that's befitting of anyone who would call themselves a benefactor. Renko, tell her what you truly feel about all this.' Squeeze her hand again. Let her know we're there for her."
>"Says the blackmailer," Alice replies. "Somehow, I don't think you have much credibility or place in this discussion right now. Do you?"
>"You squeeze Renko's hand again. 'Alice,' she says. 'I don't want to rob them, alright? I've thought about it, and it's just not what I want to do anymore. So I'm calling the deal off. You can go raid them on your own if you want.' 'While I am mildly curious about this dramatic turnaround in your thoughts on this,' says Alice. In the end, it's not important to me whether you refuse due to a sudden moral reluctance or because you read it in the stars. What I am curious about is what you're going to do about attempting to leave me in the lurch.'"
>"'I have a place here because she's my friend and I'm going to support her! I'm sorry if you can't understand that. And what is it you expect her to do? She's already made it clear she's not supporting this. You're no more in the lurch than you were a few days ago before you met her. Nothing in the external situation has changed.'"
>"'Interesting that your support involves casting doubt upon the wronged party,' Alice says. 'As for what I expect her to do? I would prefer to know what she expects to do to make up for turning her back on our agreement.' 'I...um....don't know...' Renko says. 'Tisk,' says Alice. Renko squeezes your hand again. You're pretty sure she needs your support."
>"'Alice, a person shouldn't have to compensate someone for not violating their own conscience. Asking someone to do that is asking far too much. Please respect her right to choose her own actions. But if you are insistent on being compensated for your time and anticipation somehow, perhaps I could make up for that in Renko's stead. Assuming that what you ask is reasonable.'"
>"'I did not ask, she offered,' says Alice. 'Freely. And, what would you have in mind? Somehow, I doubt you're offering to take her place.'"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on July 13, 2011, 01:50:34 AM
>Shiki: Continue to listen.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on July 13, 2011, 05:41:19 AM
>Shiki: Continue to listen.
>The blue-haired girl says "'Isn't a person allowed to regret a decision they made? Just because someone has an idea doesn't mean it should be eternally binding if they have good reason to make a different decision later on. I'm sure you've also made plans that you later decided not to enact. And no, I'm not offering to take her place. I don't think it's right, and I don't wish to assist with robbing someone. Not that I could manage the fairies in the first place, truth by told... And I don't know what I have in mind, since nearly the sum-total of my knowledge of you concerns this endeavor. Hence why I asked for a suggestion.'"
>The trash man replies "'The difference,' Alice says, 'is that I do not obligate myself into such things ahead of time. And, you mean to tell me, you've come here to break such an obligation, and have exactly no idea how you intend to make up for this? Is this right, Renko?' Renko squeezes your hand again. Is she shaking?"
>The buxom girl says "'Stop. Please. Please do not blame Renko for this. She has been loyal to you throughout. She very much wanted to continue the plan when we met. I talked her out of it. Me. And she fought the whole way. Don't get mad at her. She doesn't deserve it. If you must, get mad at me."
>"'It was apparent,' says Alice. She looks back to you. 'And I presume you've had no ideas since?'"
>"'I actually may have some. They depend on why you want to knock over the mansion, though.'"
>"'Go on,' she says."
>"'What part of this plan was so important to you that you feel this invested in it, anyway? I've heard that you're not hard up for money yourself, and Renko says you never had any interest in claiming the mansion itself. So what was it? Perhaps we can work out a concession?'"
>"'Also, surely you know Patchouli? You and her are both good friends of Marisa, from what I understand. What happened that you wish to assault and evict her?'"
>"'My motivations are not something you need to know,' says Alice. 'Now, you said you had some ideas?'"
>"'Well, I'd say motivations are pretty important when it comes to compensation. Am I correct in assuming that you are more concerned with a particular end than the method through which it is achieved? It's hard to suggest an alternate path to achieve an end if I have no idea what it is.'"
>"'Perhaps Renko didn't tell you as much as it seemed,' Alice says. 'I am to receive half of the take from Scarlet Devil Mansion, both in money and in items. That is all you need to know. And, I presume you did know, as you claimed to have some ideas? I admit, you have me a little curious now.'"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on July 13, 2011, 05:43:57 AM
>Yuyukan Alborz: Frown. That's not a very nice thing to do, Alice...
>Keep watchin'.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on July 14, 2011, 02:10:53 AM
>Yuyukan Alborz: Frown. That's not a very nice thing to do, Alice...
>Tsk tsk.

>Keep watchin'.
>Maribel says "It was mentioned, but at the time, I believed it to be a 'logical' extension of an attack, not the primary goal. If I was mistaken, then that complicates things on my end, as I figured you had suffered a wrong and were looking for retribution. There is some backstory to where I am coming from, but I'm sure you don't care to hear it, so I will cut to the chase. As things stand, despite the hospitality they have provided me, as long as I am not forced to actively participate I actually do not have any issues with an attack on the mansion, as I understand that sort of thing is commonplace here. It is important to Renko that this be done for reasons that I support. If your main desire is to simply defeat the residents of the mansion in battle, then by all means, vaya con Dios. The problem I have is with the looting afterward. Unlike simple battling, that does not seem at all commonplace here, especially as your battle system seems at least somewhat founded in honor, which looting notably lacks. I thought that perhaps a public apology from their house to all parties they have wronged in the past would be better. People of their ilk apologizing is bound to make the rest of Gensokyo sit up and take notice, which in turn gives the victor the satisfaction of knowing they dealt a particularly demoralizing blow that the rest of the land knew about, and all the while there is no honor to be lost anywhere."
>"So, as I understand, you'll be doing it anyways?" Alice asks.
>After a moment, Maribel replies "Yes, I believe so, and I imagine Renko would still be most grateful for your participation, if simply beating the mansion in battle and receiving an apology for past wrongs would satisfy you."
>Alice then...begins to laugh? "Oh my! By yourself? That promises to be most entertaining! No no, I'm sorry Miss Maribel, but I have no interest if there's nothing profitable in the endeavor. By all means, though, have at it!" Alice chuckles again. "It shall more than cover things, I assure you."
>"Uh...I don't understand. What more than covers things?"
>"If you really are a big enough fool to try to take Scarlet Devil Mansion alone," Alice says, "then you've resolved to do more to yourselves than I would bother doing on my own. I shall leave you to it."
>"If Renko's forces are so paltry, and you believe your presence alone more than sufficient to turn certain defeat into certain victory, why, may I ask, have you never tried something like this before?"
>"Does one build a stool with only two legs?" Alice asks. "If you need to ask me this, then it's really just indicative of your own chances."
>"And do you care nothing for this, or her, outside your own monetary gain?"
>"I find it particularly hard to care about someone who repays my efforts to help them by going back on their word," says Alice. "And now that we have that issue resolved, let us return to the one where you were trying to disprove that you were going to attempt to blackmail me?"
>You notice quite a few fairy spectators in the bushes around the clearing where Alice's cabin is...
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on July 14, 2011, 02:20:01 AM
>Shiki: "Yuyuko, be ready. This could turn ugly."
>Keep listening.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on July 14, 2011, 02:25:29 AM
>Yuyucastle: Are there any common traits among those fairies? Do they seem threatening at all? Have they been mentioned in the trash can man's narrative?
>What would we expect them to do if they got involved in this discussion? Any idea whether these are supposed to be from the army supporting or attacking the Scarlet Devil Mansion?
>If there's been no mention in the narrative, whisper to the others, "There are lots of fairies here, even if he isn't saying so..."
>Would we be able to sneak through to cut off and interfere with those fairies without drawing attention from the tense talk we're observing?

EDIT: Whoops, lost track of armpits for a sec

>Boa Babe: "Blanks like how much of this was whose idea when they were planning it, the specifics of how you got things back to normal, and what other effects it's had."
>Frown. "Like that Renko girl Yukari mentioned."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on July 14, 2011, 08:20:19 AM
>Shiki: "Yuyuko, be ready. This could turn ugly."
>Keep listening.
>The blue-haired girl says "Sigh. '"I was trying to reassure you that no one else knew, as strange as that might sound to you. If I had honestly wanted you to come to harm over this, don't you think it would have been much more sensible to simply tell the appropriate parties and then not come to speak with you alone? What could I possibly have to gain by doing so? If my ultimate goal was to simply avert your successful invasion, I would think telling them of your involvement would do that well enough; there would be no need to tell you about it. I came here to support Renko; nothing more, nothing less.'"
>The trash man says "'These things aside, then, you wouldn't be adverse to placing some weight of evidence on your lack of ill intentions?'"
>"'If you can think of something reasonable I could offer as proof, please do. I'd rather dispel this as convincingly as possible.'"
>"'I believe I can,' she says. 'Please come inside.'"
>"'Frankly, I think I'd feel more comfortable at the moment if you could bring whatever you intend to show me outside.'"
>"'I just want you to sign an agreement,' says Alice, 'and there is no table out here.'"
>The large-breasted girl says "How long can we hold a border shield?"
>"You've never been able to hold one more than a second or two."
>The blue-haired girl adds "Inventory."
>"Your inventory contains..." and then he starts listing a few pieces of clothing, a few interesting but seemingly useless trinkets like a levitating potato stone, 92☼ in dwarf Gensokyo currency, and a captured spellcard.

>Yuyucastle: Are there any common traits among those fairies? Do they seem threatening at all? Have they been mentioned in the trash can man's narrative?
>They all seem to be wearing...blue clothes. You're not sure if they're threatening. They haven't been mentioned in the narrative.

>What would we expect them to do if they got involved in this discussion? Any idea whether these are supposed to be from the army supporting or attacking the Scarlet Devil Mansion?
>You guess that they would attack, but only if they got involved. You don't know if they're part of one of the fairy armies.

>If there's been no mention in the narrative, whisper to the others, "There are lots of fairies here, even if he isn't saying so..."
>Yukari remarks "Perhaps there's a powerful presence around there? I don't think Alice is the type to attract so many fairies."

>Would we be able to sneak through to cut off and interfere with those fairies without drawing attention from the tense talk we're observing?
>You don't think so, as you think the fairies would react loudly to your interference.

>Boa Babe: "Blanks like how much of this was whose idea when they were planning it, the specifics of how you got things back to normal, and what other effects it's had."
>"I don't know anything about the former, but I do know how this was all repaired. Simply put, I used my powers and the crystal to change it back, and I made sure Utusho and Parsee remembered everything."

>Frown. "Like that Renko girl Yukari mentioned."
>Keine remarks "What about Renko?"
>Yukari whispers in your ear, "I think I would be better suited to explaining that."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on July 15, 2011, 02:11:18 AM
>:Shiki: What was the spellcard?
>And, of course, keep listening.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on July 15, 2011, 03:25:02 AM
>:Shiki: What was the spellcard?
>Wound Sign 「Pain Flow Endlessly」.

>And, of course, keep listening.
>You notice a girl that is with us right now with gray hair that reminds you of Nazrin somewhat. She says, "Glance at Renko for her thoughts." In reply, the trash man says "She still seems rather upset. She doesn't notice your glance."
>The blue-haired girl says "'I don't need a table to just write a signature. Can I at least see what you want me to sign?'"
>"'I certainly need one to write on, and I would prefer I not take my eye from someone threatening me with blackmail,' says Alice. 'And of course you may.'"
>The blue-haired girl says "'I swear absolutely that I have not knowingly informed anyone else of your involvement in this, and I swear equally that I will not try to run away just because your back is turned. But I simply don't feel comfortable to step inside your house right now, for more than one important reason. I apologize for how rude this must sound, but try to understand my own position here; we both have reason not to trust each other, and the balance of power here is decisively in your favor. Draft the document as you choose, and I will wait here for your return. I can even stand someplace where you can see me from the house, if it makes you feel better. Or you can have... whatever that construct you were working with watch me.'"
>"There is a moment of silence as Alice gives you a cool, appraising look. You feel a little knot form in your stomach, wondering if she's just going to decide not to take her chances. Then she says. 'Fine. A moment.'
>"She opens the door to her house and calls in, 'Bring me my cutting board, some paper, a pen and ink, and my seal.' Then she looks back to you. 'This will only be a moment.'"
>"After a moment, a small girl in a frilly dress flies from the house, carrying a piece of paper. Standing a little over a foot tall, you are tempted to mistake it for a faerie until you notice her lack of wings. Then you recall her clothing as you note the odd shape her hands; this is a doll. It's the same doll that you saw earlier today, only quite a bit smaller than before. Other dolls, similar in appearance but dressed differently, float out after her, bearing the others items Alice has asked for. They're...honestly quite adorable, as they flock around the magician. Well, save for that one holding the inkwell, her smile is just too creepy."
>"Alice bids a few of them to hold up the cutting board; one made for cloth rather than food as you wondered. She begins to write. One of the dolls, the former giant, hovers around you. You'd swear she was curious about you."
>"'And what would you stake on this claim you are not trying to blackmail me?' asks Alice in a conversational tone, almost devoid of her prior coldness."
>Do you want the parser to keep pasting chunks of text or do you want to choose how long these posts are?
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on July 15, 2011, 03:30:03 AM
>The exact events are not necessary. Summarize what happens (and what the contract thing says) up until either a: hostilities break out, or b: Maribel and her companion depart. Unless anyone else objects, of course.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on July 15, 2011, 03:36:37 AM
>The exact events are not necessary. Summarize what happens (and what the contract thing says) up until either a: hostilities break out, or b: Maribel and her companion depart. Unless anyone else objects, of course.
>The trash man continues his game. The terms of the contract dictate that if Maribel reveals to the Scarlet Devil Mansion Alice's plan to attack it, she will forfeit her eyesight. Maribel requests that this is void if Alice actually attacks or robs the SDM, to which Alice agrees. After a bit of discussion about the terms, Maribel signs the contract and she and Renko depart. They are now both some distance from Alice's house.
>Tsk tsk tsk, Alice. Do you want to lecture her?
>"Oh yeah, if Koishi doesn't forgive Utsuho by the end of the day, I'm reopening her third eye."
>Yuyuko asks "Should I go talk to them now?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on July 15, 2011, 03:46:16 AM
>Shiki: That was directed to us, right? If so: "Yukari, the voice just said that it's going to reopen Koishi's third eye at the end of the day if she hasn't forgiven Utsuho by then. Is this possible?"
>"Yuyuko, go talk to the two of them."
>Yuyuko: "'Kay."
>Approach the pair.
>"Hi, there!"
>Shiki: Watch how this plays out in the roleplay (meaning go back to the full scenes).
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on July 15, 2011, 05:32:00 AM
>Shiki: That was directed to us, right? If so: "Yukari, the voice just said that it's going to reopen Koishi's third eye at the end of the day if she hasn't forgiven Utsuho by then. Is this possible?"
>"Koishi is the only case I know of of satori who have closed their third eye. I haven't researched her extensively, so I don't know."

>"Yuyuko, go talk to the two of them."
>Yuyuko: "'Kay."
>Approach the pair.
>"Hi, there!"
>Oh dear, they seem to be in the middle of a hug right now. You approach them and do this anyways.
>Maribel looks at you, but she doesn't react to your presence in any other way yet.

>Shiki: Watch how this plays out in the roleplay (meaning go back to the full scenes).
>Damn it, I can't mimic Purvis or DracoOmega.
>The blue-haired girl says "'Renko....' Give her a hug. 'I'm so sorry if I've made things worse. I was only trying to do what I thought was right....'"
>In reply, the trash man says "You giver her a hug. She returns it, clinging to you tightly and leaning on you heavily. 'You didn't...I don't think...It's just...I can't believe she said all those things, Mary. Oh god...I really thought she was my friend...' Past Renko's shoulder, you see a pink-haired strange walk up to you and say 'Hi, there!'"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on July 15, 2011, 06:19:07 AM
>Varanidae Vixen: "You? Volunteering information? A miracle."
>"... first, why Utsuho and Parsee? 'cause they were involved, I'm guessing?"

>Yuyudonia: That Alice talk was rather personal, perhaps we shouldn't make a point of discussing it. There's a better explanation for our interest, anyway... and more honest, at that!
>"Would you two be Maribel and Renko?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on July 15, 2011, 10:52:28 PM
>Varanidae Vixen: "You? Volunteering information? A miracle."
>"Ha ha. I'm not going to tell you how Renko and Maribel got here yet, however."

>"... first, why Utsuho and Parsee? 'cause they were involved, I'm guessing?"
>"Yes. Utsuho wanted to remember Gensokyo Isle because, according to her, it wasn't completely bad and she wanted to remember her experiences there."

>Yuyudonia: That Alice talk was rather personal, perhaps we shouldn't make a point of discussing it. There's a better explanation for our interest, anyway... and more honest, at that!
>"Would you two be Maribel and Renko?"
>They break off the hug. Both Maribel and Renko turn to face you.
>"Hi. Who are you?"
>Renko mutters something under her breath.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on July 16, 2011, 01:53:06 AM
>Shiki: Did anyone through the gap say what Renko muttered?
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on July 16, 2011, 02:07:21 AM
>Leatherback Lass: Roll eyes. Shoulda figured...
>"Fine. Go on, Gap."

>Jayawijayuyus: Smile, give them a small curtsey.
>"My name is Yuyuko Saigyouji, ghost princess of Hakugyokurou. But today, I'm out for..."
>... Youmu...
>"... a number of reasons, and some of the odd things happening today have led me to want to speak with you two. May I have a minute?"
>Has this been echoed in the other world?
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on July 16, 2011, 05:28:25 AM
>Shiki: Did anyone through the gap say what Renko muttered?
>No. They did mention that she muttered something, though.
>Rikako asks "Is it really that important to hear what's going on through this gap when you could just watch the actual scene itself? We already know what happens there corresponds to what's happening here."

>Leatherback Lass: Roll eyes. Shoulda figured...
>You should've known Yukari wouldn't give up information so easily...

>"Fine. Go on, Gap."
>"Are you addressing me as 'gap' or do you want a gap?"

>Jayawijayuyus: Smile, give them a small curtsey.
>"My name is Yuyuko Saigyouji, ghost princess of Hakugyokurou. But today, I'm out for..."
>... Youmu...
>"... a number of reasons, and some of the odd things happening today have led me to want to speak with you two. May I have a minute?"
>Maribel says "I suppose. But how do you know who we are?"

>Has this been echoed in the other world?
>You can't tell. You can't pay attention to both this situation and what the roleplayers are saying.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on July 16, 2011, 05:53:48 AM
>Shiki: "I want to see how the roleplayers react to what Yuyuko's about to say."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on July 17, 2011, 04:55:54 AM
>Shiki: "I want to see how the roleplayers react to what Yuyuko's about to say."
>"Right. Imagine how many details of our world are known by other people somewhere without us knowing it..."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on July 17, 2011, 05:03:02 AM
>Skink Subduer: Now she's just trying to be annoying.
>"Addressing you. Now talk."

>Cayuyush: Well, hopefully the Yama will let us know about anything interesting...
>"Hm... it's a rather strange story, but please bear with me. The Yama is having some difficulties with some strange power from beyond Gensokyo, and while some others and I have helped investigate it, we found an odd 'gap' of sorts in Sakuya's mind - and through it, there's apparently an odd group of people playing some sort of role-playing game led by a man in a trash can, which has... well, admittedly, sounded like a first-person account of your experiences, Maribel. After finding that you really had visited Satori's place as we had overheard, I thought it would be a good idea to talk to you about all of this."
>Giggle. "And welcome you to Gensokyo, of course, though I believe Reimu is more interested in the Gensokyo Isle incident than myself."

>If this is reflected in the world through Sakuya's head:
>Iji-Mus: Gawk in disbelief. Scan the sky nervously.
>"Damnit Purvis, I thought messing with the fourth wall was my shtick."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on July 17, 2011, 07:27:37 AM
>Shiki: Keep watching. Let's see what sort of reaction this gets.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on July 18, 2011, 04:50:54 AM
>Skink Subduer: Now she's just trying to be annoying.
>"Addressing you. Now talk."
>"No one has addressed me as 'Gap' before, you know. Anyways..."
>"Renko and Maribel were carried over from Gensokyo Isle. No, I don't believe we have anything to worry about when it comes to the possibility of any other actually normal Outside World person being carried over to here. No, I don't know why those two specifically were carried over. Yes, I will enjoy your frustrated and angry reaction."

>Cayuyush: Well, hopefully the Yama will let us know about anything interesting...
>Since you can't focus on the roleplayers right now...

>"Hm... it's a rather strange story, but please bear with me. The Yama is having some difficulties with some strange power from beyond Gensokyo, and while some others and I have helped investigate it, we found an odd 'gap' of sorts in Sakuya's mind - and through it, there's apparently an odd group of people playing some sort of role-playing game led by a man in a trash can, which has... well, admittedly, sounded like a first-person account of your experiences, Maribel. After finding that you really had visited Satori's place as we had overheard, I thought it would be a good idea to talk to you about all of this."
>They both get more and more surprised-looking as you talk. After you end, they both say "What."

>Giggle. "And welcome you to Gensokyo, of course, though I believe Reimu is more interested in the Gensokyo Isle incident than myself."
>Maribel asks "Gensokyo Isle incident?"

>If this is reflected in the world through Sakuya's head:
>Iji-Mus: Gawk in disbelief. Scan the sky nervously.
>"Damnit Purvis, I thought messing with the fourth wall was my shtick."
>The you of Fall 2010 expresses surprise over this turn of events.

>Shiki: Keep watching. Let's see what sort of reaction this gets.
>The trash man says "Yuyuko replies, 'Hm... it's a rather strange story, but please bear with me. The Yama is having some difficulties with some strange power from beyond Gensokyo, and while some others and I have helped investigate it, we found an odd 'gap' of sorts in Sakuya's mind - and through it, there's apparently an odd group of people playing some sort of role-playing game led by a man in a trash can, which has... well, admittedly, sounded like a first-person account of your experiences, Maribel. After finding that you really had visited Satori's place as we had overheard, I thought it would be a good idea to talk to you about all of this.' She giggles. 'And welcome you to Gensokyo, of course, though I believe Reimu is more interested in the Gensokyo Isle incident than myself.'"
>The blue-haired girl simply says "'What.'" Given the faces of all of the other roleplayers and spectators, you guess that they must be thinking "What." too. There is a silence, followed by the buxom girl saying "'Gensokyo Isle incident?'"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on July 18, 2011, 04:55:28 AM
>Yuyuko: "I'm serious. The Yama's in Sakuya's head right now watching the game through the gap. Yukari's keeping us all in contact. Shiki, is this happening in their game?"
>Shiki: "It is indeed."
>Keep watching.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on July 18, 2011, 05:09:27 AM
>Gila Gangster: Hold it in, hold it in...
>"... and I take it you're not going to let us know how it happened, right?"
>Upon 'no,' "Keine, how did those two slip through you trying to fix history?"

>Fjords of the Styx: Nod. "I did say it was an odd story, didn't I? Really, I would also like to talk with the people beyond that gap as well, but I suppose that really isn't an option at the moment, is it?"
>"As for Gensokyo Isle... it was something strange that happened just before you two came here. Gensokyo was brought into the outer world somehow, with everyone changed to fit there. Somehow the two of you came to Gensokyo proper after things were returned to normal, it seems."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on July 18, 2011, 05:28:44 AM
>Gila Gangster: Hold it in, hold it in...
>You really have to go to the bathroom...
>Internally, you're thinking something along the lines of "jhbgfifkherdfdfng"

>"... and I take it you're not going to let us know how it happened, right?"
>"I just told you I don't know. I haven't figured it out quite yet."

>Upon 'no,' "Keine, how did those two slip through you trying to fix history?"
>"I don't know either."

>Yuyuko: "I'm serious. The Yama's in Sakuya's head right now watching the game through the gap. Yukari's keeping us all in contact. Shiki, is this happening in their game?"
>Fjords of the Styx: Nod. "I did say it was an odd story, didn't I? Really, I would also like to talk with the people beyond that gap as well, but I suppose that really isn't an option at the moment, is it?"
>"As for Gensokyo Isle... it was something strange that happened just before you two came here. Gensokyo was brought into the outer world somehow, with everyone changed to fit there. Somehow the two of you came to Gensokyo proper after things were returned to normal, it seems."
>Maribel says "And who is this 'Shiki'?"

>Shiki: "It is indeed."
>Keep watching.
>The trash man says "'"I'm serious. The Yama's in Sakuya's head right now watching the game through the gap. Yukari's keeping us all in contact. Shiki, is this happening in their game? I did say it was an odd story, didn't I? Really, I would also like to talk with the people beyond that gap as well, but I suppose that really isn't an option at the moment, is it? As for Gensokyo Isle... it was something strange that happened just before you two came here. Gensokyo was brought into the outer world somehow, with everyone changed to fit there. Somehow the two of you came to Gensokyo proper after things were returned to normal, it seems.'"
>The blue-haired girl replies "'And who is this 'Shiki'?'"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on July 18, 2011, 06:31:49 PM
>Boa Beater: Sigh heavily. "Wonderful. As if there wasn't enough crap that didn't make sense going on today..."
>"Where's that crystal thing now? Any idea if it'd be possible to talk with the hakutaku in there?"

>Valkyuyur: "That's right, you ARE new here. Hm, Shiki is our acting Yama, if you know what that would mean?"
>If not, "She judges the souls of the dead to decide whether they belong in Heaven, Hell, or if they should stay with me for a while. And since things that interfere with her work end up a bit troublesome for everyone, well..."

>Iji-Mus: "... uh, Purv, did you plan this? Because this doesn't sound like something you'd do."
>Scan around for any hint of the other end of that gap, if it exists.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on July 18, 2011, 10:50:09 PM
>Boa Beater: Sigh heavily. "Wonderful. As if there wasn't enough crap that didn't make sense going on today..."
>So many setbacks and gaps...wait, gaps. Damn.

>"Where's that crystal thing now? Any idea if it'd be possible to talk with the hakutaku in there?"
>"I passed it on to the afterlife. My ancestor should be in Higan, now."

>Valkyuyur: "That's right, you ARE new here. Hm, Shiki is our acting Yama, if you know what that would mean?"
>"Yes, I do."

>Iji-Mus: "... uh, Purv, did you plan this? Because this doesn't sound like something you'd do."
>He doesn't answer.

>Scan around for any hint of the other end of that gap, if it exists.
>You look at the gap. Nope, it's still the shining, opaque white it was before.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on July 19, 2011, 02:07:11 AM
>Yuyuko: "Well, something's interfering with her ability to do your job. We think that the one responsible may also have something to do with these gaps, which are also causing problems. They're making people act all weird. Anyone with a gap in her head has a compulsion to act in the way people in that other world think they act. Also, the stories of us there match what happens here, so we decided to try to communicate with these people through you. So to the role-playing group, this is Yuyuko talking, not your guy in the trash can who's actually speaking right now."
>Shiki: Continue to observe.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on July 19, 2011, 04:43:46 AM
>You look at the gap. Nope, it's still the shining, opaque white it was before.

>Iji-mus: Wait, what? There IS one here?

>Crocodile Creeper: "Which means relying on Shiki to hear anything."
>Sigh heavily again.
>"So you got things back to normal, and Utsuho and Parsee asked to remember the whole mess. Renko snuck through somehow. The goddesses have had their faces beaten in already, but that idiot Koishi..."
>Growl.
>Offhand, can we think of any ways we might be able to find her in the future, if only once Yukari and the others have stopped being overprotective?
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on July 19, 2011, 05:28:42 AM
>Shiki: "Yukari, while we're trying to talk to the roleplayers, I would like to ask you to get a message to Koishi. Tell her that the voice is saying that it will reopen her third eye, and advise her to make whatever preparations are necessary in order for her to close it again, in case the voice is capable of carrying through with this threat."
>"Now, this part's important, and it's also important that Koishi not know that anythingmore than what I just said is going to happen. I also need you to get a message to Utsuho. Tell her that I want her ready, because if Koishi's third eye does reopen, I want you to gap Utsuho to Koishi's location as quickly as possible-and put her out of sight of Koishi so that Koishi doesn't see the gap forming. Interfere with the eye-closing process as necessary to give yourself enough time. I do want the process completed as quickly as possible after Koishi has seen into Utsuho's mind, though, to minimize the voice's ability to benefit in any way from it being open."
>If there's a remark (from anyone) about how Koishi forgiving Utsuho is something the voice wants: "This isn't for the voice. This is because it's the right thing to do. And if you want something more practical, consider that not only does this have a fair chance of convincing Koishi to rejoin us, but we may also be able to get Utsuho's aid."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on July 20, 2011, 02:17:46 AM
>Shiki: "Yukari, while we're trying to talk to the roleplayers, I would like to ask you to get a message to Koishi. Tell her that the voice is saying that it will reopen her third eye, and advise her to make whatever preparations are necessary in order for her to close it again, in case the voice is capable of carrying through with this threat."
>"Now, this part's important, and it's also important that Koishi not know that anythingmore than what I just said is going to happen. I also need you to get a message to Utsuho. Tell her that I want her ready, because if Koishi's third eye does reopen, I want you to gap Utsuho to Koishi's location as quickly as possible-and put her out of sight of Koishi so that Koishi doesn't see the gap forming. Interfere with the eye-closing process as necessary to give yourself enough time. I do want the process completed as quickly as possible after Koishi has seen into Utsuho's mind, though, to minimize the voice's ability to benefit in any way from it being open."
>If there's a remark (from anyone) about how Koishi forgiving Utsuho is something the voice wants: "This isn't for the voice. This is because it's the right thing to do. And if you want something more practical, consider that not only does this have a fair chance of convincing Koishi to rejoin us, but we may also be able to get Utsuho's aid."

>Black Hole Bacardi: If we hear this, laugh.
>"Yer bein' pretty devious today, ain'tcha Yama?"

>Whether this reply is given or not,
>Dechampisa Docketer: Pause. Ponder if virtue can be born of manipulation.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on July 20, 2011, 03:28:39 AM
>Yuyuko: "Well, something's interfering with her ability to do your job. We think that the one responsible may also have something to do with these gaps, which are also causing problems. They're making people act all weird. Anyone with a gap in her head has a compulsion to act in the way people in that other world think they act. Also, the stories of us there match what happens here, so we decided to try to communicate with these people through you. So to the role-playing group, this is Yuyuko talking, not your guy in the trash can who's actually speaking right now."
>Maribel says "And how are we supposed to help?"

>Shiki: Continue to observe.
>The trash man says "'Well, something's interfering with her ability to do her job,' Yuyuko says. 'We think that the one responsible may also have something to do with these gaps, which are also causing problems. They're making people act all weird. Anyone with a gap in her head has a compulsion to act in the way people in that other world think they act. Also, the stories of us there match what happens here, so we decided to try to communicate with these people through you. So to the role-playing group, this is Yuyuko talking, not your guy in the trash can who's actually speaking right now.'"
>The buxom girl says "'And how are we supposed to help?'"

>Shiki: "Yukari, while we're trying to talk to the roleplayers, I would like to ask you to get a message to Koishi. Tell her that the voice is saying that it will reopen her third eye, and advise her to make whatever preparations are necessary in order for her to close it again, in case the voice is capable of carrying through with this threat."
>Yukari says "I'd say reopening Koishi's third eye would be better for her happiness and health in the long run. I can't get a message to Koishi, seeing as I don't know where she is. Of course, we could always ask Kanako where she is, again."

>"Now, this part's important, and it's also important that Koishi not know that anything more than what I just said is going to happen. I also need you to get a message to Utsuho. Tell her that I want her ready, because if Koishi's third eye does reopen, I want you to gap Utsuho to Koishi's location as quickly as possible-and put her out of sight of Koishi so that Koishi doesn't see the gap forming. Interfere with the eye-closing process as necessary to give yourself enough time. I do want the process completed as quickly as possible after Koishi has seen into Utsuho's mind, though, to minimize the voice's ability to benefit in any way from it being open."
>"However, what if the voice is able to keep the eye open and prevent Koishi from closing it again?"

>Iji-mus: Wait, what? There IS one here?
>If you mean the gap, then yes.

>Crocodile Creeper: "Which means relying on Shiki to hear anything."
>"And so far, she has not," Yukari says.

>Sigh heavily again.
>"So you got things back to normal, and Utsuho and Parsee asked to remember the whole mess. Renko snuck through somehow. The goddesses have had their faces beaten in already, but that idiot Koishi..."
>Growl.
>Koishi pisses you off so much right now.

>Offhand, can we think of any ways we might be able to find her in the future, if only once Yukari and the others have stopped being overprotective?
>You could ask Kanako.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on July 20, 2011, 03:34:48 AM
>Shiki: "Yukari, I thought I told you to keep an eye on her."
>Sigh.
>"Okay, then. I want to remain here for now, and I doubt Suika's in the mood to do it, so ask Kanako through a gap to locate her, please. And do tell Utsuho what I'm planning."
>"If the voice can keep Koishi's third eye open, then we'll have to find a way to deal with that. For now, let's stick to my plan."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on July 20, 2011, 04:12:13 AM
>Black Hole Bacardi: If we heard about the Yama's plan for Koishi, laugh.
>"Yer bein' pretty devious today, ain'tcha Yama?"

>Whether this reply is given or not,
>Dechampisa Docketer: Pause. Ponder if virtue can be born of manipulation.

--

>Blatant Self-Insert: How long has this gap been here, what do we know about it, and who's investigated it?
>Glance between the gap and Purvis a few times.
>"Damnit Purvis if this is you trying to get your jollies off by making fun of me taking things too seriously I'm going to punch you in the dick. Please. Say something."

>Chinati Yuyutains: "Mmm, I can think of two main things to ask of you, though neither of them is really the kindest thing to do to a new friend. The simplest would be to ask for you to, well, act as a proxy for us in trying to speak with the odd people in Sakuya's head, though it's rather rude to talk around you like that, isn't it? Coming along to help us find out what's going on and see what part you might play in it would give us more to work with, but that would be rather a lot to ask of you, wouldn't it?"
>"But as I said, it might be simplest to try and find some way to speak with those people directly so that I can speak with Maribel properly, rather than to those people in the other world..."

--

>Incensed Iguanite: Better not bug Kanako while the others are still on alert... maybe give it a day or two, for now.
>But in the meantime... well, if Minoriko was in on the planning, well...
>Sigh again. "Alright, Keine, guess I'm done. Thanks."
>"You didn't write in any new wild lesbian sex with Mokou, did you?"
>If the schoolmarm has nothing to add, leave her place and head for the foot of Youkai Mountain. Where did we meet the Akis before?
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on July 22, 2011, 06:10:46 AM
>Apologies for the 2-day gap (hurr hurr) between posts.

>Black Hole Bacardi: If we heard about the Yama's plan for Koishi, laugh.
>You haven't heard, you're outside with Meiling. And apparently, Yukari didn't give you a gap for listening in.

>Whether this reply is given or not,
>Dechampisa Docketer: Pause. Ponder if virtue can be born of manipulation.
>Perhaps, as long as nothing malicious or cruel is done.

>Shiki: "Yukari, I thought I told you to keep an eye on her."
>Sigh.
>"She noticed my presence and escaped."

>"Okay, then. I want to remain here for now, and I doubt Suika's in the mood to do it, so ask Kanako through a gap to locate

her, please. And do tell Utsuho what I'm planning."
>"I would need to know Kanako's exact location to open a gap to her."

>"If the voice can keep Koishi's third eye open, then we'll have to find a way to deal with that. For now, let's stick to my

plan."
>"Very well..."

>Blatant Self-Insert: How long has this gap been here, what do we know about it, and who's investigated it?
>This gap has been here for a few days, you know aolsutely nothing about this save for the fact that it's there, and some of

the Librarians have investigated it. You don't think they've found out anything yet.
>Glance between the gap and Purvis a few times.
>"Damnit Purvis if this is you trying to get your jollies off by making fun of me taking things too seriously I'm going to

punch you in the dick. Please. Say something."
>"I'm not trying to mock you," he replies.

>Chinati Yuyutains: "Mmm, I can think of two main things to ask of you, though neither of them is really the kindest thing to do to a new friend. The simplest would be to ask for you to, well, act as a proxy for us in trying to speak with the odd people in Sakuya's head, though it's rather rude to talk around you like that, isn't it? Coming along to help us find out what's going on and see what part you might play in it would give us more to work with, but that would be rather a lot to ask of you, wouldn't it?"
>"But as I said, it might be simplest to try and find some way to speak with those people directly so that I can speak with Maribel properly, rather than to those people in the other world..."
>Maribel asks "I don't know if I can keep you around all the time or come with you. I'm kinda busy." Renko adds "How much do you know about us, anyways?"

>Incensed Iguanite: Better not bug Kanako while the others are still on alert... maybe give it a day or two, for now.
>You don't want to bother Kanako right now...
>But in the meantime... well, if Minoriko was in on the planning, well...
>...but Minoriko, on the other hand...
>Sigh again. "Alright, Keine, guess I'm done. Thanks."
>"You're welcome."
>"You didn't write in any new wild lesbian sex with Mokou, did you?"
>"Not just Mokou. Everybody in Gensokyo, including you. Then I changed history to make sure none of you remembered

it."

>If the schoolmarm has nothing to add, leave her place and head for the foot of Youkai Mountain. Where did we meet the Akis

before?
>"Farewell, Reimu."
>You remember meeting Akis near the foot of Youkai Mountain. You know they have a shrine somewhere around there.
>You head over to the foot of Youkai Mountain where you remember going through during that incident.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on July 22, 2011, 06:41:54 AM
>Fatmus: Give Purvis a discerning glare, with appropriate accompaniment (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y147/exitjmouse/HaruhiGlare.png).
>Sigh. "Yeah, I guess you ain't Reako. So if this is real... damnit."
>Who's in the librarian crew, and which do we know well?
>Are there any that would pass for general 'incident solvers' around here?
>Any gap/space travel users that would be familiar with this?

>Grand Yuyutains: Nod. "It would be rather troublesome, wouldn't it? It would really be best if I didn't have to ask for either. I suppose the best solution to hope for would be if the ones on the other side of that strange gap take this seriously and try to help from their end, wouldn't it? Then I wouldn't have to intrude on you two like this. Really, I'm sorry about all the trouble..."
>Pause. "And as for what we've found out about you... rather more than we should have, I'm afraid. Though I think there are good reasons," - glance pointedly in the direction of Alice's house - "not to discuss that in detail, hm?"

>Turtle Tamer: Get to lookin' for that harvest shrine. Call out for them if it'd be a good idea.
>What time/season is it, anyway?
>Actually, on second thought, double back and write our own lesbian sex scene with that naughty werecow
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on July 23, 2011, 03:36:59 AM
>Fatmus: Give Purvis a discerning glare, with appropriate accompaniment (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y147/exitjmouse/HaruhiGlare.png).
>Sigh. "Yeah, I guess you ain't Reako. So if this is real... damnit."
>He ignores this comment.
>Who's in the librarian crew, and which do we know well?
>You can name a few off the top of your head, including Sakura Rurouni, Sakana, and Roukan. You don't know any of them well though.
>Are there any that would pass for general 'incident solvers' around here?
>Just about anybody with combat ability, aside from the gods, would count as an incident solver around here. And there are a lot of those. This place doesn't get very many incidents, although there's the incident about the destructive moving pieces of rock right now.
>Any gap/space travel users that would be familiar with this?
>You don't know of any.

>Grand Yuyutains: Nod. "It would be rather troublesome, wouldn't it? It would really be best if I didn't have to ask for either. I suppose the best solution to hope for would be if the ones on the other side of that strange gap take this seriously and try to help from their end, wouldn't it? Then I wouldn't have to intrude on you two like this. Really, I'm sorry about all the trouble..."
>Maribel says "It's fine."
>Pause. "And as for what we've found out about you... rather more than we should have, I'm afraid. Though I think there are good reasons," - glance pointedly in the direction of Alice's house - "not to discuss that in detail, hm?"
>"Oh, so you know everything about that?" Renko asks. "Who is this Yukari, anyways?"

>Turtle Tamer: Get to lookin' for that harvest shrine. Call out for them if it'd be a good idea.
>You look around for the harvest shrine. Come to think of it, you think they should be closer to the village than where you are right now.
>What time/season is it, anyway?
>It's fall. You think the Akis should be out and about.
>Actually, on second thought, double back and write our own lesbian sex scene with that naughty werecow
>You decide to head back to Keine and get caved. I am not at liberty to describe this act.
>You gain 4 adventures.
>You gain 40 Strengthliness.
>You gain 40 Magicalness.
>You gain 40 Sarcasm.
>You gain a Moxie point!
>Unfortunately I don't play KoL anymore.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on July 23, 2011, 04:12:29 AM
>Shiki: "Yukari, if you don't have Kanako's location, then send Suika to her shrine. And if she refuses, get in touch with Reimu."
>"Yuyuko, ask one of them to describe the basics of the other world. Technology level, presence or absence of magic and youkai, any recent incidents or other oddities, that sort of thing. It doesn't need to be in-character, since we can hear what they say, but right now, Maribel and Renko are the only means we have of talking to them."
>Yuyuko: "Okay, Shiki wants me to ask you to describe your world-that means the players, not Maribel and Renko. Just speak regularly; we can hear you, but right now, you can only hear us through these two."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on July 23, 2011, 10:13:15 AM
>Rodentius: Bullshit. We know Ruro quite well. What's her skillset, and where would she be right now?
>Kombat isn't our specialty, is it?
>What's this moving rocks incident about? Is there any way it's been associated with the opaque gap, and thus the Purvisian Gensokyo shenanigans? There are no coincidences when it comes to things like this!
>Examine chest for (un)usual growths.

>Yuyukan Pensacola: Before receiving/relaying the message from Shikieiki:
>Nod. "We heard enough, at least. Perhaps not every detail, but..."
>Shake head, smile. "As for Yukari, she's a dear friend of mine - a very strong youkai woman with power over gaps and borders. Hm... she does rather look a lot like you, Maribel, clothing aside. She's helping the people investigating this by letting us speak to each other through her gaps, even if we're in different places, like right now."
>Pause. "Or would you like to introduce yourself, Yukari dear~"

>Kinosternidae Kicker: Mutter. Go back and check their most likely locations for the harvest goddess.
>Would fairies in the area be any help in finding them? If so, keep an eye out for any to interrogate.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on July 25, 2011, 02:57:18 AM
>Shiki: "Yukari, if you don't have Kanako's location, then send Suika to her shrine. And if she refuses, get in touch with Reimu."
>"Very well."
>As Suika, you hear Yukari say "The Yama wants you to go to the Moriya Shrine and talk to Kanako."
>"Yuyuko, ask one of them to describe the basics of the other world. Technology level, presence or absence of magic and youkai, any recent incidents or other oddities, that sort of thing. It doesn't need to be in-character, since we can hear what they say, but right now, Maribel and Renko are the only means we have of talking to them."

>Yuyukan Pensacola: Before receiving/relaying the message from Shikieiki:
>Nod. "We heard enough, at least. Perhaps not every detail, but..."
>Shake head, smile. "As for Yukari, she's a dear friend of mine - a very strong youkai woman with power over gaps and borders. Hm... she does rather look a lot like you, Maribel, clothing aside. She's helping the people investigating this by letting us speak to each other through her gaps, even if we're in different places, like right now."
>Pause. "Or would you like to introduce yourself, Yukari dear~"
>Yuyuko: "Okay, Shiki wants me to ask you to describe your world-that means the players, not Maribel and Renko. Just speak regularly; we can hear you, but right now, you can only hear us through these two."
>Maribel says "I don't think these people will say anything that I wouldn't say. Unless they're actually controlling me, which I doubt."

>Rodentius: Bullshit. We know Ruro quite well. What's her skillset, and where would she be right now?
>Well how am I supposed to know you knew Ruro well? ...Or do you really?
>You're sure Ruro is a skilled swordsman and has higher-than-normal physical abilities. You think she'd be at the library at this time of day.
>Kombat isn't our specialty, is it?
>No. You can fire danmaku like everyone else, but you aren't great at it.
>What's this moving rocks incident about? Is there any way it's been associated with the opaque gap, and thus the Purvisian Gensokyo shenanigans? There are no coincidences when it comes to things like this!
>Recently, moving rocks (can't describe my mental picture very well, so here's the closest to what I'm thinking of (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?multiverseid=177583&type=card)) have popped up around town and destroy several areas. No one knows why. Yet.
>Examine chest for (un)usual growths.
>You check your chest. No unusual growths, and have you decided your Ijiyatsu version's gender yet?

>Kinosternidae Kicker: Mutter. Go back and check their most likely locations for the harvest goddess.
>So many damn setbacks...
>You move to that area and start looking for a shrine from the sky. You see a shrine that is a small distance away from the road in the middle of a forest clearing.
>Would fairies in the area be any help in finding them? If so, keep an eye out for any to interrogate.
>This command has been made redundant.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on July 25, 2011, 03:10:07 AM
>Shiki: "It doesn't matter if she'd say it or not. that's why I said it was okay to answer out-of-character. And tell them to be as detailed and complete as possible."
>Yuyuko: "She's saying that you-meaning the players-can answer 'out-of-character', whatever that means, since she can hear you through the gap. So just speak directly to her, and I'll relay anything she says. Also, she wants as much detail as you can give her."
>Shiki: Keep watching.
>Suika: Aw, but this is so comfortable.
>Idea!
>Create a mini-Suika.
>"Form a gap, Yukari. I'll send mini-me through it."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on July 25, 2011, 07:58:31 AM
>Gravitational Glitterbomb: We can coherently see/hear/communicate through our mini-mes at long distances, right? If not, uh... that might not work.

-----

>Idiomus: Ruro? We go way back. Almost romantically, even. Almost. Doesn't quite work.
>Would there be an easy way to contact the Library from a distance? How far away is it?
>Who are the gods here, and what are they like?
>What IS our world's tech level and magic usage? What's a typical day like in the area?
>How is Touhou/Gensokyo known here?

(space to separate distant and direct info)

>Rodentius: Who gave that Maribel 'unless they're controlling me' command, or have things just gotten even weirder? A bit of a disturbing thought either way...
>If possible, get between the gap and Purvis and approach the gap to examine it carefully; presumably this would be directly in the sight of whatever's on the other end, right? And if Purvis isn't... wait, there IS a way to see whether he's responsible, isn't there?
>"Damnit Purvis you're making this quest a mire of moral dilemmas, aren't you? I'm curious but Mary's got more important things to do today..."
>How good is Purvis' poker face while hosting his Quests? Does he noticeably react to especially good joke commands or clever insights?
>What powers does Purvis have, anywho?

-----

>Gecko Goodfella: Approach the shrine. If there's no response, try knocking on the door, assuming there is one; failing that, call out for Minoriko.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on July 27, 2011, 05:33:41 AM
>Shiki: "It doesn't matter if she'd say it or not. that's why I said it was okay to answer out-of-character. And tell them to be as detailed and complete as possible."
>Yuyuko: "She's saying that you-meaning the players-can answer 'out-of-character', whatever that means, since she can hear you through the gap. So just speak directly to her, and I'll relay anything she says. Also, she wants as much detail as you can give her."
>Maribel says "Since you know about the fairy army, do you mind if Renko and I visit them? You can follow us, I guess."
>Shiki: Keep watching.
>All of the player's eyes are drawn to the gap for a second.
>The trash man says "Yuyuko replies 'She's saying that you-meaning the players-can answer 'out-of-character', whatever that means, since she can hear you through the gap. So just speak directly to her, and I'll relay anything she says. Also, she wants as much detail as you can give her.'" He then quietly says "What am I saying?"
>You can't tell who's talking anymore, but one of the players says "'Since you know about the fairy army, do you mind if Renko and I visit them? You can follow us.'"
>You hear another person in the crowd say "Damnit Purvis you're making this quest a mire of moral dilemmas, aren't you? I'm curious but Mary's got more important things to do today..."

>Suika: Aw, but this is so comfortable.
>Aww...
>Idea!
>Hey, wait!
>Create a mini-Suika.
>You create a mini-Suika from your arm. Hm, maybe if you ate more, you could have enough density for breasts.
>"Form a gap, Yukari. I'll send mini-me through it."
>You see a small gap open up for half a minute or so.
>Gravitational Glitterbomb: We can coherently see/hear/communicate through our mini-mes at long distances, right? If not, uh... that might not work.
>You cannot...although you can just have your mini-me tell you what Kanako said once she gets back.

>Idiomus: Ruro? We go way back. Almost romantically, even. Almost. Doesn't quite work.
>Orly.
>Would there be an easy way to contact the Library from a distance? How far away is it?
>It's quite far away, deeper in the city than where you are now.
>Who are the gods here, and what are they like?
>There are two kinds of gods in the world, and people are not sure if they're related.
>The first kind of god, the administrators, oversee settlements and are usually the creators of those settlements. They are always normal humans who ascended into godhood. You know that Kilgamayan, who's in this crowd right now, is one of them.
 >People that the admins choose to help run settlements are known as moderators, and they're often thought of as "like a god".
>The second kind of god, nature spirits, run...well, nature. The ones around here are very reclusive and aren't often worshiped, but they don't seem to mind. You hear that there are more active and noticeable nature spirits in other parts of the world.
>What IS our world's tech level and magic usage? What's a typical day like in the area?
>Your world's tech level is
>How is Touhou/Gensokyo known here?
>Most people know of the existence of Gensokyo and its natives, and you've heard that some people have actually found their way here from there. However, nobody knows of an intentional way to travel from Gensokyo to here or vice-versa. Gensokyo is also the main setting for many works of fiction in the library.
>Rodentius: Who gave that Maribel 'unless they're controlling me' command, or have things just gotten even weirder? A bit of a disturbing thought either way...
>You think it was DracoOmega. Now who's controlling who, Gensokyo-side or Ijiyatsu-side?
>If possible, get between the gap and Purvis and approach the gap to examine it carefully; presumably this would be directly in the sight of whatever's on the other end, right? And if Purvis isn't... wait, there IS a way to see whether he's responsible, isn't there?
>The gap is off to everybody's left side. You're the furthest in the crowd to that side, so you just turn around and attempt to examine it carefully. It's a bit bright, though, so you squint. Hmm...you don't notice any details that you didn't see before. Still the same opaque white.
>Wait a minute, there's a way to see whether's Purvis is responsible...but the parser hasn't picked up on that.
>"Damnit Purvis you're making this quest a mire of moral dilemmas, aren't you? I'm curious but Mary's got more important things to do today..."
>He says nothing. He usually doesn't while hosting a quest.
>How good is Purvis' poker face while hosting his Quests? Does he noticeably react to especially good joke commands or clever insights?
>He can put up an unbreakable poker face when he wants. When people debate on dilemmas during his quests, he smirks, though. He usually replies to joke commands, too.
>What powers does Purvis have, anywho?
>"Manipulation of manipulation," you've heard. You presume it's the ability to manipulate special abilities regarding manipulation. You don't know how that works though.

>Gecko Goodfella: Approach the shrine. If there's no response, try knocking on the door, assuming there is one; failing that, call out for Minoriko.
>You approach the shrine. No response. There is no door, so you call out for Minoriko.
>You hear footsteps inside the shrine heading this way. You hear Minoriko's voice say "Coming!"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on July 27, 2011, 06:45:42 AM
>Density Daiquiri: Oh, so they're coherent on their own, then? Cool, that works!
>"Okay, squirt! I'm sendin' you off to talk to Kanako about... uh..."
>To the talkie-gap: "Wha'dya need to talk with her about, anyways?"
>"And when you get back I'll let you use China's boobs as a trampoline for a while!"

-----

>Ijimus: 'What am I saying?' Well... either he's not in full control of the situation now... or he knows me well enough to use layered slips. Stay cautious.
>An injoke image wouldn't provoke him, then... a pity. Someone else, then. Let's see, what would get a reaction from Yuyuko...
>Conjure a little jokey sign (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y147/exitjmouse/YoumuYuyuko_Ghostbusters.jpg) facing the gap so that Purvis can't see it, but it would be visible by anyone that did try to look through the gap. Keep it in that position.
>... wait, what? Who assumed she knew about the fairy thing?! Damnit!  Too late now...
>... actually, there's another good idea. ">"Still, this is all very hard to believe... You said that Shiki could see this game, right? Would, ah, Yukari be able to let us see them, too?" Pause. ">How's Renko taking all this?"

(same deal)

>Fatmus: What is Gensokyo known for? What is known of its inhabitants?
>Who is ZUN?
>Tech level, please.
>Grope Kilga for good luck

---

>Yuyukan Haddingtons: Blink. "I don't... believe I mentioned that, but yes, we have learned of the fairies."
>Eye Renko for a moment. "A rather curious thing to do, I must say..."
>What do we generally think about fairies, and the residents of the SDM as a whole?
>"And it would be good to see them directly, wouldn't it? Yukari dear, are you feeling up to that?"

-----

>Armpits: Cross our arms and wait for her.
>Assuming Minoriko comes out, give her a stern scowl and make the obvious statement: "Gensokyo Isle."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on July 27, 2011, 03:01:47 PM
>Shiki: "Hmm... it would seem that we've established a link distinct from their game. The GM seems to be saying things he doesn't intend to as Yuyuko says them."
>Wait for someone to answer the question about their world. If nobody does, have Yuyuko ask again.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on July 29, 2011, 06:08:30 AM
>Density Daiquiri: Oh, so they're coherent on their own, then? Cool, that works!
>"Okay, squirt! I'm sendin' you off to talk to Kanako about... uh..."
>To the talkie-gap: "Wha'dya need to talk with her about, anyways?"
>"Koishi's location."
>"And when you get back I'll let you use China's boobs as a trampoline for a while!"
>"Yippee! Oh, can I grope them, too?"

>Ijimus: 'What am I saying?' Well... either he's not in full control of the situation now... or he knows me well enough to use layered slips. Stay cautious.
>Maybe he's faking this...but he's not just parsing for you, you know.
>An injoke image wouldn't provoke him, then... a pity. Someone else, then. Let's see, what would get a reaction from Yuyuko...
>...Food? Youmu?
>Conjure a little jokey sign (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y147/exitjmouse/YoumuYuyuko_Ghostbusters.jpg) facing the gap so that Purvis can't see it, but it would be visible by anyone that did try to look through the gap. Keep it in that position.
>And how are you supposed to generate that?
>... wait, what? Who assumed she knew about the fairy thing?! Damnit!  Too late now...
>Yuyuko explained that she heard Maribel's conversation with Alice. No loss of eyesight.
>Also parser fail on my part.
>... actually, there's another good idea. ">"Still, this is all very hard to believe... You said that Shiki could see this game, right? Would, ah, Yukari be able to let us see them, too?" Pause. ">How's Renko taking all this?"
>You feed this to the parser.
>Fatmus: What is Gensokyo known for? What is known of its inhabitants?
>Gensokyo is known for being the setting of the Touhou series, and you probably don't need me to explain what that is to you. Quite a lot is known of the inhabitants, but only the ones that have appeared in a Touhou game.
>Who is ZUN?
>The creator of the aforementioned Touhou series. Nobody knows if it's a giant coincidence or if ZUN had actually visited Gensokyo. Probably the latter.
>Tech level, please.
>The land of Ijiyatsu's tech level is pretty high compared to the rest of the world. An industrial reveolution's still going on right now.
>As for magic, it and other supernatural forces are very, very common.
>Grope Kilga for good luck
>As tempting as it is the grope those big breasts, you don't do that unless you want to get probated.

>Yuyukan Haddingtons: Blink. "I don't... believe I mentioned that, but yes, we have learned of the fairies."
>"Damn, inconsistencies? There must be a glitch in the matrix."
>"I thought you did for a moment there."
>Eye Renko for a moment. "A rather curious thing to do, I must say..."
>"Yeah. At first I organized it to go with Alice's plan, but you already know that. I'm still invading the mansion to prove that I can."
>What do we generally think about fairies, and the residents of the SDM as a whole?
>You consider fairies and strange beings you don't usually take seriously. As for the SDM residents, you're pretty neutral towards them.
>"And it would be good to see them directly, wouldn't it? Yukari dear, are you feeling up to that?"
>"To be honest, no."

>Armpits: Cross our arms and wait for her.
>You wait for Minoriko's arrival. After a few seconds, you see her appear from the left of the room you're in.
>"Hello, Reimu. Can I help you?"
>Assuming Minoriko comes out, give her a stern scowl and make the obvious statement: "Gensokyo Isle."
>"Oh dear, you found out."

>Shiki: "Hmm... it would seem that we've established a link distinct from their game. The GM seems to be saying things he doesn't intend to as Yuyuko says them."
>Wait for someone to answer the question about their world. If nobody does, have Yuyuko ask again.
>You hear discussion about whether to answer your questions or not, but nobody answers yet. You ask Yuyuko to ask the question again.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on July 29, 2011, 07:49:31 AM
>Shiki: "Yukari, are you wearing out?"
>If she is, we'll have to leave Sakuya's mind right away.
>Yuyuko: Repeat the question.
>Suika: "Okay, mini-me, in you go!"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on July 29, 2011, 04:35:27 PM
>Shiki: "Yukari, are you wearing out?"
>"At the very least, expect a long waiting time when you want to leave."
>If she is, we'll have to leave Sakuya's mind right away.
>Tch, this is inconveniencing...

>Yuyuko: Repeat the question.
>You say "Okay, Shiki wants me to ask you to describe your world-that means the players, not Maribel and Renko. Just speak regularly; we can hear you, but right now, you can only hear us through these two."
>As Shikieiki, you hear "Where do we start?"

>Suika: "Okay, mini-me, in you go!"
>You send the mini-Suika into the gap.
>As the mini-Suika, you find yourself at the top of Youkai Mountain. The Moriya Shrine is right in front of you.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on July 29, 2011, 05:40:10 PM
>Yuyuko: "Are there gods there? Magic? Youkai? Are there any incidents going on?"
>Shiki: "Yukari, let me know if you're approaching the point where you can't gap us out at all. I would rather not be stuck in here."
>Keep listening.
>Mini-Suika: Enter the shrine.
>"Hey! Kanako!"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on July 29, 2011, 05:58:11 PM
>Microcosm of the Alcoholism: Head into the shrine.
>Become Smurf.

------

>Yukays: Frown in concern at Yukari's response. "I think once I get the chance among all these problems I'm going to have to give you a hug, Yukari."
>Shrug apologetically at Maribel and Renko. "I'm afraid she isn't feeling well. Whatever force is playing with the Yama claims to be draining her power as well."
>"But I've held you two up enough already, haven't I? Would it be fine to talk along the way at least, Yukari?"

---

>Rodenjius: When you're trying to fool a full group, you have to shoot for the most skeptical...
>We CAN create signs, after all. Floating image macro posterboards are standard! Give the gap a Ghostbusting to see if it gets any response.
>Where is the information about Gensokyo circulated from? Games? Novels? Communication methods? Art?
>"... there's a good amount of gods, magic, and youkai. As for incidents, uh... Kilga, you think this counts yet?" Point at the gap for emphasis.
>Specific examples of industrialization? List a few for the gap.
>Are you kidding she loves it

-----

>Pleurodira Plurality: Grin nastily. Nod. "Yes. And fortunately I've heard from a believable source that you actually decided to put a stop to it."
>Neutral expression again. Uncross arms. "But I still want to hear a few details. Why don't you give me an overview of your version first..."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on August 01, 2011, 02:52:43 AM
>Mini-Suika: Enter the shrine.
>Microcosm of the Alcoholism: Head into the shrine.
>You enter the shrine. The entrance room is big and empty. Since you're a mini-Suika, especially big.
>"Hey! Kanako!"
>You call out for Kanako. No answer.
>Become Smurf.
>You choke yourself, achieving a smurf-like color in the process. You release your neck before you kill yourself.

>Yukays: Frown in concern at Yukari's response. "I think once I get the chance among all these problems I'm going to have to give you a hug, Yukari."
>Yukari chuckles. "I may need one after all."
>Shrug apologetically at Maribel and Renko. "I'm afraid she isn't feeling well. Whatever force is playing with the Yama claims to be draining her power as well."
>"But I've held you two up enough already, haven't I? Would it be fine to talk along the way at least, Yukari?"
>"That was what was intended."

>Shiki: "Yukari, let me know if you're approaching the point where you can't gap us out at all. I would rather not be stuck in here."
>"That point is still far off, but very well."
>Keep listening.
>You listen to Yuyuko and the gap people's conversation:
>Yuyuko: "Are there gods there? Magic? Youkai? Are there any incidents going on?"

>Rodenjius: "... there's a good amount of gods, magic, and youkai. As for incidents, uh... Kilga, you think this counts yet?" Point at the gap for emphasis.
>She replies "No, not really. But how about the rampaging earth elementals?"
>Specific examples of industrialization? List a few for the gap.
>Now I get to put my knowledge of the Industrial Revolution to use
>Factories and machines are being used to manufacture things. You mention these to the gap.
>As Eiki, you hear Yukari say "Hmm...this is like an event in the Outside World that happened a century or so ago."
>Rodenjius: When you're trying to fool a full group, you have to shoot for the most skeptical...
>Either that or this parser lets in wild commands.
>We CAN create signs, after all. Floating image macro posterboards are standard! Give the gap a Ghostbusting to see if it gets any response.
>You generate a Yuyuko/Youmu Ghostbuster poster.
>Where is the information about Gensokyo circulated from? Games? Novels? Communication methods? Art?
>Every one of those except communication methods. Nobody has managed to communicate with Gensokyo...until now.
>Are you kidding she loves it
>You're deluding yourself.

>Pleurodira Plurality: Grin nastily. Nod. "Yes. And fortunately I've heard from a believable source that you actually decided to put a stop to it."
>Minoriko looks at you nervously.
>Neutral expression again. Uncross arms. "But I still want to hear a few details. Why don't you give me an overview of your version first..."
>"Okay. Kanako, Suwako, and Koishi planned to use a jewel they found in Eientei to change Gensokyo into Gensokyo Isle. I wasn't quite an important member of this plan, but I supported it since there would be food to feed many people. However, people started forgetting where their food came from, so I sent Utsuho her youkai half so that she could reverse the changes."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on August 01, 2011, 03:58:52 AM
>World's Smallest Drunbk: "Sanae? Anybody?"
>Let's go exploring! Pick another room in the shrine and check it out for kicks.

-----

>Yuyukan Alps: Smile and nod. "Then shall we go, Maribel?"
>Follow her lead, if she moves out.

---

>Meta-Nazrin: "Yeah, I guess..."
>Though telling them about that incident removes another way to test what's going on...
>Where do the games/writing/art about Gensokyo originate from? How do they spread?
>Pause to consider. What would Maribel do in this situation? Well... probably try to focus on Renko, I suppose.
>">"Uh... I guess that's okay. Renko, do you want to lead the way?"" Pause. ">Take her hand if she offers it."
>Dunno how open she wants to be about 'our' relationship with the creepy ghost lady using us to talk to... fuck it the pronouns are too convoluted.
>Who has Purvis said that Yuyuko's been talking to, aside from Mary and Renko? Did 'we' overhear any of her talk with Shiki and Yukari, or see how she's speaking with them?
>How long would a trip to the Library take, and how much of a Quest would we miss for a round trip?

-----

>Genji Grappler: Blink. "... they found it at Eintei?" Damnit, why didn't we think to ask where it was from all this time?!
>"When was that, and where was it in Eintei?"
>Damnit, are we gonna have to make Lunarian heads roll, too?
>"How much did Koishi do to set this stupid thing up?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on August 01, 2011, 04:43:35 AM
>Shiki: "Yuyuko, I do believe they're attempting to get a reaction from you. One of them is showing me an image that indicates a desire to get rid of you. They don't actually want to, I don't think; I suspect they are simply conducting tests. This is, after all, a very strange experience for them."
>Yuyuko: "Huh. That's still not very nice."
>Shiki: "Apparently, they don't yet feel that the overlay qualifies as an incident, but there was mention of rampaging earth spirits. Could you ask for elaboration?"
>Yuyuko: "Sure!"
>"Hey, game-playing people! Could you say more about the earth spirits?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on August 03, 2011, 05:01:33 AM
>World's Smallest Drunk: "Sanae? Anybody?"
>Nobody answers.
>Let's go exploring! Pick another room in the shrine and check it out for kicks.
>Obvious exits are south, west, and east, where south is the way you came. There don't seem to be any room connected to the area you're in right now.

>Yuyukan Alps: Smile and nod. "Then shall we go, Maribel?"
>"Let's go, then."
>Renko starts heading out of the forest, and Maribel follows.
>Follow her lead, if she moves out.
>...And you follow Maribel.

>Meta-Nazrin: "Yeah, I guess..."
>Though telling them about that incident removes another way to test what's going on...
>Where do the games/writing/art about Gensokyo originate from? How do they spread?
>The games about Gensokyo are made by ZUN (but nobody knows much about ZUN, especially his whereabouts) and appear in stores.
>Pause to consider. What would Maribel do in this situation? Well... probably try to focus on Renko, I suppose.
>">"Uh... I guess that's okay. Renko, do you want to lead the way?"" Pause. ">Take her hand if she offers it."
>You put in a command to Purvis. Kilgamayan adds "Check ingredient list for power-unlocking potion Byakuren was willing to make for us. Recall where we got each of the

ingredients, and how easy they would be to procure a second time. We do remember a second geode in the Underground - it was in the Pawn Shop, right? 'So...it was

really messed up, but I still have some hopes for that house. I'd really like a place we can call our own, and I don't think we're likely to find a place nearly as far

along as that one. If we capture that one remaining wisp and...clean up the mess...what do you think?'"
>The parser replies "Renko has already started moving. You take that as a yes and follow her. Yuyuko starts following you, as well. You know you got the extra Star Mushrooms. Ground Ragewort should be easy. That pawnshop had another geode. You're not sure if you could wheedle more  Bloodmoss out of Nue, though. 'It's be really weird to sleep in a house someone got killed in,' Renko says, 'But I guess it could work. Maybe it we got it exorcised or something. Actually, it's kind of exciting, thinking about it. Well...about what it'll be like.' While you're speaking to Renko, Yuyuko says 'Hey, game-playing people! Could you say more about the earth spirits?'"
>Dunno how open she wants to be about 'our' relationship with the creepy ghost lady using us to talk to... fuck it the pronouns are too convoluted.
>Who has Purvis said that Yuyuko's been talking to, aside from Mary and Renko? Did 'we' overhear any of her talk with Shiki and Yukari, or see how she's speaking with

them?
>How long would a trip to the Library take, and how much of a Quest would we miss for a round trip?
>A round trip would take two hours on foot. (I'm not implying you have other methods of transportation.) You would miss a decent-sized chunk, but you wouldn't miss too

much since one quest takes several weeks. Even then, Pesco logs what people say in these quests for future viewing.

>Genji Grappler: Blink. "... they found it at Eientei?" Damnit, why didn't we think to ask where it was from all this time?!
>Wait a minute, didn't Keine mention that it was found at Eientei? Your memory isn't that great, apparently.
>"When was that, and where was it in Eientei?"
>"A week before Gensokyo was changed. I don't know where it was in Eientei."
>Damnit, are we gonna have to make Lunarian heads roll, too?
>Now you have to go around to more people and ask them about this. This is so tiring...
>"How much did Koishi do to set this stupid thing up?"
>"She modified the minds of the people in Gensokyo and helped Kanako with using the jewel."

>Shiki: "Yuyuko, I do believe they're attempting to get a reaction from you. One of them is showing me an image that indicates a desire to get rid of you. They don't

actually want to, I don't think; I suspect they are simply conducting tests. This is, after all, a very strange experience for them."
>Wow, you interpreted that posterboard correctly.
>Yuyuko: "Huh. That's still not very nice."
>Shiki: "Apparently, they don't yet feel that the overlay qualifies as an incident, but there was mention of rampaging earth spirits. Could you ask for elaboration?"
>Yuyuko: "Sure!"
>"Hey, game-playing people! Could you say more about the earth spirits?"
>You ask the roleplayers about the earth spirits.
>As Eiki, you hear "They've appeared around town, destroying things for no reason we know of yet."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on August 03, 2011, 06:19:31 AM
>Shiki: "Is that all? Nobody's tried to solve it?"
>"How did the timing work out with this incident and the gaps? Did they appear around the same time, or did one precede the other? Also, how long ago did these incidents start happening?"
>Yuyuko: Relay Shiki's questions.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on August 03, 2011, 06:40:09 AM
>Mini-Suika: Pout a bit. Try... oh, the west part.

-----

>Geneviyuyuves: "Oh my, a haunted house? I believe it'd be possible to get it exorcised, though I believe Reimu is still occupied at the moment. Right, Yukari?"
>What do we know/think about such haunted locations, and the ghosts stuck there? Is there anything we could do, instead?

>Rodenjius: Where are the stores that the games appear in? Who produces the copies of the game that people buy?
>Has Purvis also been forwarding Shiki and Yukari's lines, or only Yuyuko's?
>... there's a thought. Give the gap another sign (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y147/exitjmouse/Tenshi_RockSit.jpg) to implicate a certain Celestial as a possible connection.

-----

>Skink Supremest: Damnit, we're spacing out. Can we place any significant events from around the time when the gem was discovered?
>"How much of the planning for it were you aware of?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on August 03, 2011, 07:22:24 AM
>Shiki: "Another image, this time of the celestial Tenshi Hinanai. Yuyuko, please ask for an explanation of why this was shown to me."
>Yuyuko: "Hey, Shiki also wants to know why you just showed her an image of Tenshi."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on August 03, 2011, 07:37:14 AM
>Ijimus: ... well, that confirms Purvis can see through that gap, if nothing else. Turn the signs for the other players to see so they can do the math on that point.
>"If there's any connection between this and those earth things acting up, she'd be my first guess."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on August 04, 2011, 05:56:22 AM
>Mini-Suika: Pout a bit. Try... oh, the west part.
>You go to the west hallway.
>In the west hallway, you see 6 closed doors, 3 to each side.

>Shiki: "Is that all? Nobody's tried to solve it?"
>"How did the timing work out with this incident and the gaps? Did they appear around the same time, or did one precede the other? Also, how long ago did these incidents start happening?"

>Yuyuko: Relay Shiki's questions.
>You relay Eiki's questions to the gap people.
>As Eiki, you hear "Oh, plenty of people are trying to find out why. It's just that nobody's found anything yet. The earth elementals appeared a week before the gaps did, and the gaps appeared a week ago."

>Geneviyuyuves: "Oh my, a haunted house? I believe it'd be possible to get it exorcised, though I believe Reimu is still occupied at the moment. Right, Yukari?"
>"Reimu's still busy trying to follow an incident that has already passed."
>What do we know/think about such haunted locations, and the ghosts stuck there? Is there anything we could do, instead?
>You don't know much or think much about haunted locations. You have no jurisdiction over ghosts outside of Hakugyoukurou, so you can't do much about these ghosts.

>Rodenjius: Where are the stores that the games appear in? Who produces the copies of the game that people buy?
>Game stores that are everywhere through out the world. You don't know who makes the physical copies, though.
>Has Purvis also been forwarding Shiki and Yukari's lines, or only Yuyuko's?
>You haven't heard anything from Shikieiki or Yukari.
>... there's a thought. Give the gap another sign (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y147/exitjmouse/Tenshi_RockSit.jpg) to implicate a certain Celestial as a possible connection.
>You generate a macro posterboard of Tenshi.
>Skink Supremest: Damnit, we're spacing out. Can we place any significant events from around the time when the gem was discovered?
>You don't know the time when Kanako found the gem, save that it was before all this crap happened.
>"How much of the planning for it were you aware of?"
>"All of it," Minoriko replies.

>Shiki: "Another image, this time of the celestial Tenshi Hinanai. Yuyuko, please ask for an explanation of why this was shown to me."
>Yuyuko: "Hey, Shiki also wants to know why you just showed her an image of Tenshi."
>Ijimus: ... well, that confirms Purvis can see through that gap, if nothing else. Turn the signs for the other players to see so they can do the math on that point.
>Looks like Purvis knows what's at the other end of the gap. Unless he isn't really lying about not being in total control of what he's saying.
>"If there's any connection between this and those earth things acting up, she'd be my first guess."
>As Eiki, you hear this. Why would Tenshi be responsible for an incident in a location that doesn't seem to be a part of Gensokyo nor Heaven? Also, you don't think that she can do anything earth-related other than cause earthquakes and maybe some limited earth manipulation powers?certainly not anything like this.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on August 04, 2011, 06:17:02 AM
>Shiki: "I don't think she's able to do such a thing; her power over the earth is limited. And I don't know why she'd cause an incident in another world anyways, when she's been just fine with causing them in Gensokyo. And I don't know that she could get to your world anyways, unless Yukari did it, which I don't think happened. Right, Yukari?"
>"Tell me what you know about the gods any other beings of your world. In particular, are there any that might be able to open gaps to other worlds? And are there any that might be able to get into people's heads?"
>Yuyuko: "Shiki says it's probably not Tenshi. Also, she wants to know if your world has any gods or others that can open gaps, or any that could mess with people's minds."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on August 04, 2011, 06:58:36 AM
>Nanobot Negroni: Wow, big place. Any indication what's in those doors?
>If it wouldn't be tough to open one without messing up the shrine, check the first on the left. If it's locked, try the rest.
>Create Suikahole, scheme rivalry with Nazrin

-----

>Gavial Gangleader: ... slow, evil smile. "Well then. Who proposed what, and when."

-----

>Rodenjius: Forcing skepticism of the issue is important to counteract our eagerness to believe it at face value. Much like assuming Tenshi has just embarrassed us.
>Ensure that the Yama's questions are answered by whoever would know most about it present for the Questing. Is there anyone not present that would know more about the region's people and powers, in case they'd have more to add?
>Pause to consider. Damnit, no actually good Maribel commands come to mind. Oh well, time for a reference. ">Boggle vacantly at these shenanigans."
>Hear out Purvis' response.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on August 05, 2011, 07:57:02 PM
>Shiki: "I don't think she's able to do such a thing; her power over the earth is limited. And I don't know why she'd cause an incident in another world anyways, when she's been just fine with causing them in Gensokyo. And I don't know that she could get to your world anyways, unless Yukari did it, which I don't think happened. Right, Yukari?"
>"Of course I wouldn't let that troublemaker to other worlds."
>"Tell me what you know about the gods any other beings of your world. In particular, are there any that might be able to open gaps to other worlds? And are there any that might be able to get into people's heads?"
>Passed to Yuyuko.
>Yuyuko: "Shiki says it's probably not Tenshi. Also, she wants to know if your world has any gods or others that can open gaps, or any that could mess with people's minds."javascript:popup('typePopup');
>In reply, someone says "Gods? Oh, we have plenty of those. None of the latter two, though."
>Rodenjius: Forcing skepticism of the issue is important to counteract our eagerness to believe it at face value. Much like assuming Tenshi has just embarrassed us.
>You continue thinking it's a possibility that Purvis is being tricky.
>Ensure that the Yama's questions are answered by whoever would know most about it present for the Questing. Is there anyone not present that would know more about the region's people and powers, in case they'd have more to add?
>There are several people here who should know more about Ijiyatsu and the world than you do.
>Pause to consider. Damnit, no actually good Maribel commands come to mind. Oh well, time for a reference. ">Boggle vacantly at these shenanigans."
>You reference Homestuck. DracoOmega inserts the command "Well, I'm going to be getting it exorcised, one way or another. Get that ghost for Nitori, and make the place safe for any other curious passersby, at the very least. 'Renko... I'm curious. Did Alice ever talk to you about the possibility of becoming a youkai?'" Another guy in the audience...what was his name...?...Blitzer (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CreatorCameo), simply says "Time of day."
>Hear out Purvis' response.
>In response, Purvis says "You stare at Yuyuko. This is very strange... She nods. 'Yeah. That'll be good. Not really, no. Why?' It is getting on in the afternoon. You imagine the sun will set in a couple hours at most."

>Nanobot Negroni: Wow, big place. Any indication what's in those doors?
>There is no sign of what could be past those doors.
>If it wouldn't be tough to open one without messing up the shrine, check the first on the left. If it's locked, try the rest.
>You apply your super-strength to that door and open it. You find a room with a lot of shrine stuff. This is probably a supply room...

>Gavial Gangleader: ... slow, evil smile. "Well then. Who proposed what, and when."
>"Kanako used her powers to track down Koishi, then proposed the plan to her. This was...probably two weeks ago, since what happened in Gensokyo Isle had no effect on the time of the real Gensokyo."

>Will be gone from 3:00 PM Pacific Standard Time today until some time in Sunday. Going on a trip I don't want to go.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on August 05, 2011, 11:20:18 PM
>Yuyukan Absarokas: Raise an eyebrow. "Oh my, becoming a youkai? I don't believe that's something to go into lightly."
>How much experience have we had with humans becoming youkai, and/or the consequences of that?

>Iji-mus: Yeah, no kidding, Yuyuko. Why hasn't anyone considered the obvious implications of aging-immortality yet? Sheesh... well, perhaps I can forward my own justification for the interest.
>">"Gensokyo seems dangerous compared to what I'm used to in the outer world. I've been worried about... well, being able to defend myself."" Pause. ">"Although... I guess I've been doing well enough after Byakuren showed me the basics...""
>Let's see what Renko thinks of that argument... actually, she probably won't want to for the power argument, that's not what her goal is with the fairy raid, is it? It's to prove them and herself as she is, not after an external powerup. Presumably...
>Address the gap: "How're you supposed to be seeing this, anyway?"
>Beat up Blitzer and take their lunch money

>The Hunger: What do we know/think about Byakuren and her crew? If the name is unfamiliar, ask "Byakuren?"

>Dechampisa Decider: We've judged humans-turned-youkai before, correct? What does that typically do for their record?
>For the Nazrinalike: "Rikako and I are using a device of hers to see through a gap that we found in Sakuya's mind, that seems to be causing odd compulsions in her. We're currently there as if it were a physical location, thanks to help from Yukari."
>How's Rikako responding to all of this?

>Rodentius: Assuming the Yama's line is forwarded through to Purvis: "I don't suppose we could get a copy of the blueprints for that?"
>Presumably we don't know anyone that would be able to 'check' Purvis' head for one of those compulsion gaps, right?
>Are there any technically-inclined folks around that might be willing to help look into this? Or maybe powers that would let people see through these gaps in a similar fashion?

-----

>Picotic Piscola: Huh. Close it and try another one.
>Clearly our ultimate goal is Kanako's underwear drawer

---

>Reptile Regulator: Hm. So Kanako was still the one that started it...
>"And she bugged Koishi to mess with memories, I assume?"
>Pause. "Although, I'd expect messing with history could do that just as well..."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on August 08, 2011, 06:37:37 AM
>Yuyukan Absarokas: Raise an eyebrow. "Oh my, becoming a youkai? I don't believe that's something to go into lightly."
>Maribel says "I know that becoming a youkai is a huge step to take. You see, Gensokyo seems dangerous compared to what I'm used to in the outer world. I've been worried about... well, being able to defend myself. Although... I guess I've been doing well enough after Byakuren showed me the basics..." In reply, Renko says "Huh...Alice mentioned something about becoming a youkai after working on your magic. but she said I didn't need to worry about it as long as I didn't go crazy with it. Mary...would you be any different if you were a youkai?"
>How much experience have we had with humans becoming youkai, and/or the consequences of that?
>None.
>The Hunger: What do we know/think about Byakuren and her crew? If the name is unfamiliar, ask "Byakuren?"
>You are unfamiliar with them, so you ask about them. Waiting for roleplayer reply...

>Iji-mus: Yeah, no kidding, Yuyuko. Why hasn't anyone considered the obvious implications of aging-immortality yet? Sheesh... well, perhaps I can forward my own justification for the interest.
>Purvis adds in a sentence: "Yuyuko says 'Oh my, becoming a youkai? I don't believe that's something to go into lightly.'"
>You don't know why people haven't though of youkai semi-immortality yet. You forward your own command:
>">"Gensokyo seems dangerous compared to what I'm used to in the outer world. I've been worried about... well, being able to defend myself."" Pause. ">"Although... I guess I've been doing well enough after Byakuren showed me the basics...""
>You add in your command. Before anyone else can reply, Purvis says "'Really?' asks Renko. 'Huh...Alice mentioned something about becoming a youkai after working on your magic. but she said I didn't need to worry about it as long as I didn't go crazy with it. Mary...would you be any different if you were a youkai?'"
>Let's see what Renko thinks of that argument... actually, she probably won't want to for the power argument, that's not what her goal is with the fairy raid, is it? It's to prove them and herself as she is, not after an external powerup. Presumably...
>Address the gap: "How're you supposed to be seeing this, anyway?"
>You talk to the gap.
>Dechampisa Decider: We've judged humans-turned-youkai before, correct? What does that typically do for their record?
>It has a rather negative effect on one's karma, because you're basically rejecting your past self and becoming a youkai.
>"There isn't anything wrong with that at all, though..."
>For the Nazrinalike: "Rikako and I are using a device of hers to see through a gap that we found in Sakuya's mind, that seems to be causing odd compulsions in her. We're currently there as if it were a physical location, thanks to help from Yukari."
>You attempt to talk to the roleplayers.
>As E-Mouse, you get no answer from the gap. By the way, what is your Ijiyatsu sex? (Not gender, that's different.)
>How's Rikako responding to all of this?
>...She has a little smirk on her face. Maybe she's amused at how confusing this is becoming?

>Picotic Piscola: Huh. Close it and try another one.
>You close it and try the middle door on the other side. You see a bed with...huh, Kanako in it. Even gods need to sleep, huh?
>Clearly our ultimate goal is Kanako's underwear drawer
>You panty thief.
>Reptile Regulator: Hm. So Kanako was still the one that started it...
>She still caused this incident...
>"And she bugged Koishi to mess with memories, I assume?"
>"'Bugged' isn't the right word. 'Requested' is more like it. She gladly complied."
>Pause. "Although, I'd expect messing with history could do that just as well..."
>"Messing with just history leaves the affected people with no memories. They needed Koishi to insert false memories."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on August 08, 2011, 07:54:31 AM
>Yuyumanjaro: Pause. "And... I believe the Yama would like to tell those roleplayers that she's using a device of Rikako's to... see them, I presume, through the gap in Sakuya's head. By visiting there as a physical place of sorts, thanks to dear Yukari's help. Ah, she also reminded me about of the compulsions Sakuya's been having from that gap to the other world, but I don't think that's really the matter at hand, is it?"
>Pause, cough a little, and give Maribel an apologetic shrug.
>We've really never encountered the soul of a dead human-turned-youkai in Hakugyokurou?

>Blatant Self-Insert: Er... ">What have we heard about changes upon becoming a youkai, again?"
>Upon the addition: "I don't suppose we could get a copy of the blueprints for that?"
>Presumably we don't know anyone that would be able to 'check' Purvis' head for one of those compulsion gaps, right?
>Are there any technically-inclined folks around that might be willing to help look into this? Or maybe powers that would let people see through these gaps in a similar fashion?
>Call 'em Bs

>Definitively Dechampisa: To Rikako, "Hmm. It would be simpler to address these people directly, if you would be willing to try and give them a way to reproduce your device. Though that would probably take some time for them to make..."

-----

>Miniature Margarita: Oh wow, that's weird. Any idea if gods really do need to sleep?
>Do we have any real way to contact True Suika and the rest to see whether it's worth waking her for?
>Actually, do we really care about that bit of impoliteness?
>What position is she sleeping in?
>Is she wearing any underwear

---

>Spinytail Slicer: Scowl angrily. Manipulative little...
>... though no memories upon history changes doesn't make much sense either... ugh, should we bug Keine again? Damnit.
>Well. Maybe Kanako just didn't think of that part.
>Do we know/remember the way to Eintei offhand? What gods/goddesses do we know?
>"Hmmm. Anyone else in on that mess?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on August 10, 2011, 01:58:13 AM
>Yuyumanjaro: Pause. "And... I believe the Yama would like to tell those roleplayers that she's using a device of Rikako's to... see them, I presume, through the gap in Sakuya's head. By visiting there as a physical place of sorts, thanks to dear Yukari's help. Ah, she also reminded me about of the compulsions Sakuya's been having from that gap to the other world, but I don't think that's really the matter at hand, is it?"
>Pause, cough a little, and give Maribel an apologetic shrug.
>Maribel says "It's fine, but this is all so very weird."
>We've really never encountered the soul of a dead human-turned-youkai in Hakugyokurou?
>If you did, you didn't know. Maybe they look like the rest of the spirits there...

>Blatant Self-Insert: Er... ">What have we heard about changes upon becoming a youkai, again?"
>You recall what Byakuren said about becoming a youkai. It isn't a bad thing, and it doesn't mean you aren't yourself, but the consequences and emotions caused by it can change you. People can become suspicious of you, it would be even harder to leave Gensokyo (you're not sure that Maribel wants to, though), and it harms your karma. How did you remember that perfectly?
>Upon the addition: "I don't suppose we could get a copy of the blueprints for that?"
>Kilga says "It sounds rather advanced for our time."
>Presumably we don't know anyone that would be able to 'check' Purvis' head for one of those compulsion gaps, right?
>No.
>Are there any technically-inclined folks around that might be willing to help look into this? Or maybe powers that would let people see through these gaps in a similar fashion?
>As Kilga says, that kind of thing seems more advanced than Ijiyatsu's current technology level. You don't think anybody in Ijiyatsu can look into this (or check out those gaps)
>Definitively Dechampisa: To Rikako, "Hmm. It would be simpler to address these people directly, if you would be willing to try and give them a way to reproduce your device. Though that would probably take some time for them to make..."
>"Ask Yukari, that gap h...woman can probably figure something out despite her declining powers."

>Miniature Margarita: Oh wow, that's weird. Any idea if gods really do need to sleep?
>You dunno.
>Do we have any real way to contact True Suika and the rest to see whether it's worth waking her for?
>No way, unless Yukari's provided a gap for convenience.
>Actually, do we really care about that bit of impoliteness?
>"That bit of impoliteness" not recognized. Please try again.
>What position is she sleeping in?
>She's facing upwards, with her body flat on the bed.
>Is she wearing any underwear
>Yes, you pervert.

>Spinytail Slicer: Scowl angrily. Manipulative little...
...bastards.
>... though no memories upon history changes doesn't make much sense either... ugh, should we bug Keine again? Damnit.
>Who knows, maybe it makes sense in a way that hasn't been explained to you yet. You don't want to go hassle Keine again...
>Well. Maybe Kanako just didn't think of that part.
>Maybe not...
>Do we know/remember the way to Eintei offhand? What gods/goddesses do we know?
>It's spelled Eientei
>You do not, but you've managed to get there once without being led. Maybe you can use your intuition and get there again.
>Gods and goddesses...you know the gods of the mountain, you know about the eight million gods (http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Perfect_Memento_in_Strict_Sense/Eight_Million_Gods), you very barely know about the gods of your shrine, and you know about the Shinto gods and goddesses.
>"Hmmm. Anyone else in on that mess?"
>"No. There's Kanako, Suwako, Koishi, myself, and my sister Shizuha. That's all."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on August 10, 2011, 02:23:14 AM
>Shiki: "That may not be likely, as we've already determined that she currently cannot open gaps between these worlds. I suppose it can't hurt, though. Yukari?"
>Wait, we've been overlooking something.
>"Yukari, something just occurred to me, and I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner. We had Patchouli perform a spell to transfer my and Suika's power to Yuyuko. If we had her do it again and send the power to you, do you think that would allow you to open a gap to this other world?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on August 10, 2011, 07:46:38 AM
>Iji-mus: We remembered because we heard it rather recently, of course! And there's Pesco's notes to review. Right?
>What about anyone familiar with mind-affecting magics or the sort, at least?
>Who gave the "It's fine, but it's all so very weird..." command? Or was it reflected in Purvis' storytelling at all?
>">To Yuyuko, "Byakuren is a rather... large magician woman at the human village, leader of a temple there, I think. She taught me the basics of magic and flight, and seems like a very nice person."" Pause. ">Let Renko add anything of her own to that."
>... ugh, don't feel like addressing the youkai part right now. See if someone else jumps on it...

-----

>Micro-Suika: Do we care about being impolite by waking someone up? If not, hop up next to Kanako and give her a poke. "Hey, Kanako!"
>Otherwise, raid the underwear drawer as planned

-----

>Armpits: Frown. "And what was your sister's take on all this?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on August 12, 2011, 04:25:55 AM
>Shiki: "That may not be likely, as we've already determined that she currently cannot open gaps between these worlds. I suppose it can't hurt, though. Yukari?"
>"The only way we can physically contact these people is if the overlay happens or if I gain power."

>Wait, we've been overlooking something.
>"Yukari, something just occurred to me, and I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner. We had Patchouli perform a spell to transfer my and Suika's power to Yuyuko. If we had her do it again and send the power to you, do you think that would allow you to open a gap to this other world?"
>"That is entirely possible."
>"I don't think so."

>Iji-mus: We remembered because we heard it rather recently, of course! And there's Pesco's notes to review. Right?
>Even so, you think it could easily have been buried under the rest of the quest. And Pesco's notes aren't very easy to dig through. I should know, I've tried.
>What about anyone familiar with mind-affecting magics or the sort, at least?
>You don't know about anybody who's familiar with mind-affecting magic, but you're nearly sure there's somebody in Ijiyatsu that can do that.
>Who gave the "It's fine, but it's all so very weird..." command? Or was it reflected in Purvis' storytelling at all?
>Kilga.
>">To Yuyuko, "Byakuren is a rather... large magician woman at the human village, leader of a temple there, I think. She taught me the basics of magic and flight, and seems like a very nice person."" Pause. ">Let Renko add anything of her own to that."
>You feed this to the parser.
>[Addressing players of Eiki Quest directly] Now you just have to send a command to Yuyuko.
>... ugh, don't feel like addressing the youkai part right now. See if someone else jumps on it...
>You don't feel like dealing with that right now...

>Micro-Suika: Do we care about being impolite by waking someone up? If not, hop up next to Kanako and give her a poke. "Hey, Kanako!"
>You don't really care, so you jump next to Kanako, poke her, and shout at her to wake up. She opens her eyes a bit and says "What's happening here...?"

>Armpits: Frown. "And what was your sister's take on all this?"
>"If you're asking if she did anything, then no. If you're asking how she felt, then she wasn't very happy with Utsuho."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on August 12, 2011, 07:17:21 AM
>Mini-Suika: "We need to find Koishi again. We parted ways, but now the voice has new plans for her and we need to warn her."
>Shiki: "The voice claims that transfering power to you won't work, Yukari, but even though it was right about the transfer to Yuyuko not working, I am not going to just accept its claim. We'll be trying this ourselves, and step one is a test run. Give Rikako and I a gap out of here, please, and then I would request that you meet me at the mansion so we can have Patchouli do the spell. Don't worry about gapping yourself over; we can wait the time it'll take you to fly there. Yuyuko, let the roleplaying group know that we may have a way to get to their world, although we still have the business with Koishi to deal with before we go there, so that will likely not happen until tomorrow. I won't be able to see them directly anymore, but we can still communicate through Maribel."
>As soon as the gap has formed, enter it with Rikako.
>Yuyuko: "Shiki says that we might be able to get to your world, roleplayer people. We've got some stuff to do here first, though, so we'll do it tomorrow. Oh, and Shiki's not at the gap anymore, so she can't see you anymore. We'll communicate this way, through Maribel."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on August 12, 2011, 09:17:03 PM
>Mini-Suika: "We need to find Koishi again. We parted ways, but now the voice has new plans for her and we need to warn her."
>"Uh...huh." She then gets a good look at you. "Suika Ibuki? Why're you so small?"

>Shiki: "The voice claims that transfering power to you won't work, Yukari, but even though it was right about the transfer to Yuyuko not working, I am not going to just accept its claim. We'll be trying this ourselves, and step one is a test run. Give Rikako and I a gap out of here, please, and then I would request that you meet me at the mansion so we can have Patchouli do the spell. Don't worry about gapping yourself over; we can wait the time it'll take you to fly there. Yuyuko, let the roleplaying group know that we may have a way to get to their world, although we still have the business with Koishi to deal with before we go there, so that will likely not happen until tomorrow. I won't be able to see them directly anymore, but we can still communicate through Maribel."
>As soon as the gap has formed, enter it with Rikako.
>"I'll just drop you off at the front of the mansion."
>You wait for...a minute and a half while Rikako looks at the roleplayers interestedly.

>Yuyuko: "Shiki says that we might be able to get to your world, roleplayer people. We've got some stuff to do here first, though, so we'll do it tomorrow. Oh, and Shiki's not at the gap anymore, so she can't see you anymore. We'll communicate this way, through Maribel."
>You insert a command.
>"Byakuren is a rather... large magician woman at the human village, leader of a temple there, I think," Maribel says. "She taught me the basics of magic and flight, and seems like a very nice person."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on August 12, 2011, 11:34:52 PM
>Shiki: "Let's go, Rikako. If you want to examine the gaps more, use the one in the library. We don't need to be in anyone's head to get to that one."
>Follow Rikako through the gap.
>"Yukari, I need to talk to Reimu. give us a communication gap, please."
>Once the gap is ready: "Reimu, it's Shiki. What's your situation? Have you investigated the Gensokyo Isle incident to your satisfaction?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on August 12, 2011, 11:39:05 PM
>Yuyukan Dovrefjell: "As selfish as that may be, I suppose." Shrug again.
>"Although... I'm afraid I'm not sure whether the attempt will work. The last time Patchouli tried that spell, it... didn't quite work well enough for me to find that platform again." Frown. "Maybe I should go back and help as well, once Yukari is there... I do owe her that hug. Hm... I guess that leads to a request for those in the other world, and a question more for you personally, Maribel."
>"I think it would still be best to have someone from there look into finding a way to speak with us directly, or even reach Gensokyo; this is really rather troublesome for all involved, isn't it? I'm not sure what can be done from there, but... hm, I believe Yukari did just remind me of an 'overlay' that may be involved with it. There's very little about it at Patchouli's library, but perhaps you can find more?"
>"And for you, Maribel... if I do leave to help Yukari, where would I be able to find you later today, or perhaps tomorrow? We... tracked you through those people through the gap today, but I'd rather not burden dear Yukari with having to do that again, if we can help it. Or... perhaps you'd be alright with having one of her communication gaps following you for now?"

>Rodentius: Holy shit that's a lot of info from her.
>... this is getting weird. And if no one else is going to jump on things, we might as well take the reins for now...
>Uh let's do the youkai thing first. ">To Renko, "I don't think it would change much in itself, but I've been told that there's something about the effects that might make you think a little differently... though I'm not really sure what."" Pause. ">"And I think Byakuren mentioned the stronger enchantment she was offering would make me larger, just like her..."" Pause for the next line: ">Squeeze her hand. "Would you be okay with that, Renko?""
>And uh, having so many powerhouses at the Mansion during the attack would be... troublesome. ">Any sign of Renko responding to the mention of them being with Patchouli?" Pause. ">"So, the others are... at the mansion? Are all of you... expecting to be there regularly?""
>To the players, "If everyone's going to be there, Renko's chances are basically in the gutter. What the hell do we do?"
>Well... our main reasons are owing some respect to Patchouli for that geode, and Sakuya half-teaching, half-threatening us with that time manipulation skill... actually, that reminds of a point of curiosity:
>">"What sort of compulsions has Sakuya been having thanks to that gap that's supposed to be in her head, anyway?""
>">"What is that overlay you mentioned?"" Pause. To the people actually there, "Does anyone know what she's talking about?"
>Where would we be able to look for more info about that? The library, presumably?
>As for how to meet her again... ">"I... am not entirely sure where I'll be tonight and tomorrow. We're still looking for a decent place to stay even, really..." Pause. ">"I may spend the night at Byakuren's if I go through with the stronger enchantment she was offering, but... otherwise I'm not sure where I'll be going, exactly." Pause. ">"Well, aside from seeing Renko, of course...""
>To players: "With the real question being whether Renko wants that invasion of privacy, of course."

-----

>Shiki: "Would it be too much to ask for your help in helping Yukari with this, miss Rikako?"

-----

>Microscopic Alcoholic: Grin. "Sorta! I'm just a sorta mini-me gapped over to talk with ya. The boss' havin' fun on that china girl's chest."
>"So, y'mind findin' Koishi for us again? She got kinda upset, so..."

-----

>Armpits: Raise an eyebrow. "... I did mean whether she did anything past being willing to go along with this, but now I wanna know about that beef with Utsuho."
>Jump at the Yama's intrusion. "Damnit Yama. Uh... mostly. But don't think I'm letting Koishi off the hook. What do you want?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on August 12, 2011, 11:53:09 PM
>Shiki: "We may have a way to travel to the other world; we're about to do a test. But before we actually go over there, we have business here to take care of. The voice is targeting Koishi again, so we need to ensure her safety. Any... business of your own that you may have with her can wait until after the current incident is resolved. In addition, if we play this right, this may actually lead to her realizing that what she did was wrong, and even to her forgiving Utsuho. Your help would be appreciated-we have a lot to do before evening, which is when the voice claims it will make its move, so the more people we have getting multiple things done at once, the better-but this will be tricky enough as it is, so if you can't put the Gensokyo Isle incident aside for now-just for now-I can't have you as part of this. Can you do that?"
>What's the time of day right now?
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on August 13, 2011, 12:24:53 AM
>Gila Gangster: Frown. "I've cleaned up most of the loose ends and I could drop lookin' around further for now, but I'm not letting Koishi get away scot-free. Is she getting punished as part of whatever scheme you're plotting?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on August 13, 2011, 12:36:37 AM
>Shiki: "If this works, it will be far more effective than any punishment of yours could ever be. If we manage to pull this off, she will know beyond any possibility of denial what her actions did to others. The voice has claimed that it is going to reopen Koishi's third eye, and I intend to repeat its closure, but before that happens, I'm going to expose Koishi to people who suffered as a result of her actions, specifically utsuho, although if I can find anyone else in time, well, the more people there, the better. As I said, I welcome your aid, but only if you can set aside your anger for now. And just for now. I don't think you should pursue Koishi, but if you choose to do so once this incident is resolved, well, that is your choice to make. Can you do that, Reimu?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on August 13, 2011, 12:42:59 AM
>Python Pusher: "Huh. Guess that's not too bad, but what makes you think she'd care about hurting them? She didn't show a damn bit of remorse earlier."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on August 13, 2011, 12:57:06 AM
>Shiki: "She has convinced herself that Utsuho acted for purely selfish reasons. If she sees into Utsuho's mind, she will know why Utsuho really took such actions. We might want to see if Satori will come, too. The more we have, the better."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on August 13, 2011, 02:09:29 AM
>Monitor Mistress: "That doesn't exactly answer my question, Eiki."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on August 13, 2011, 02:18:29 AM
>Shiki: "Koishi is convinced that Utsuho returned Gensokyo to normal simply because she wanted power. If she reads Utsuho's mind, she will know that this is not true. She will know that she was wrong. And being wrong on one aspect of something throws into doubt other aspects of it. And... well, I believe that some part of her does feel remorse for what she did. But she has shut that part away, and refuses to admit that it's there even to herself. If she is shown why Utsuho really did what she did, I believe that this will spark a realization of her own feelings on the matter."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on August 13, 2011, 02:39:19 AM
>Lacertid Lass: "Yeah, assuming Utsuho didn't do it for power, even if I think I prefer the outcome. And assuming Koishi is actually willing to admit or accept error on her part, if the bird's conscious says something other than her subconscious. Which is kind of the question I'm not getting an answer for."
>"The heck did you do with her, anyway?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on August 13, 2011, 03:06:05 AM
>Shiki: "I felt thaat the best thing for her was to have some time alone. With nobody around her, she would be forced to confront herself. But we no longer have the time to let that happen. I asked Yukari to keep tabs on her in case we had to find her again, but apparently Yukari decided that she'd rather not, so Suika's asking Kanako to locate her again."
>"And, Reimu? I believe that Utsuho did what she did for the right reasons. And, yes, I am willing to take that chance."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on August 13, 2011, 03:39:40 AM
>Iguana Iridescent: "Because you're omniscient, right? I take it Utsuho trying to kill everyone for the heck of it that one winter doesn't mean anything, then?"
>"And seriously, what the heck happened with Koishi earlier? Did you just let her walk away?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on August 13, 2011, 03:45:27 AM
>Shiki: "I have been the Yama for over two thousand years. I think I've learned a thing or two about people in that time."
>"And yes, I let Koishi walk away. As I said, I thought that it would be best for her to spend time alone."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on August 13, 2011, 03:49:28 AM
>Skink Slapper: "Enough to be right all the time, while dodging everything I'm asking about?"
>"Not to mention the part where for 2000 years you weren't hearing voices and acting really weird all of a sudden."
>"What did you do WITH her? Did she even listen to anything you said?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on August 13, 2011, 04:15:18 AM
>Shiki: "She resisted everything I told her, so I brought Satori in. They spoke in private, but Satori didn't have any more luck than I did. So I returned, made my position clear, and then Satori and I left her on her own. Isolated, she would have no choice but to confront herself eventually, and my original intent was to return to her when she did. But now we no longer have time for that approach."
>"Reimu, let's make sure we're clear on this. Yes or no: will you, for the time being, cooperate with me on this?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on August 13, 2011, 04:29:32 AM
>Alligator Agitator: "'Resisted,' huh?"
>"What do you want me to do?"
>Ping intuition: She's been evasive. Is she telling the whole truth yet?

(Such as, about hitting Koishi?)
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on August 13, 2011, 05:43:26 AM
>Shiki: "I want you to go underground and find Utsuho. Tell her  that we may be able to get Koishi to forgive her. Then get Satori, and bring the two of them to the surface. Where we meet will depend on Koishi's location, so I'll tell you where to go once we've found her. We won't meet at her location, though; I don't want her to know we're planning anything ahead of time. Once I've taken care of one last thing at the SDM, I'm going to find her and tell her what the voice is going to do, and I'm going to advise her to prepare to re-close her eye, but that's all I'm going to say."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on August 15, 2011, 10:41:32 PM
>Eiki Quest the 1st was created on August 15, 2010, so today is its 1-year anniversary. ...That's not a good thing, is it?
>Unusual text spacing was caused by inserting text into Notepad. I can't be bothered to fix it.
>Also, parser overload has led me to consider disabling giving commands to Ijiyatsu E-Mouse.

>Shiki: "Let's go, Rikako. If you want to examine the gaps more, use the one in the library. We don't need to be in anyone's head to get to that one."
>"I wasn't terribly interested in the gaps in the maid's or the guard's heads anyways."

>Follow Rikako through the gap.
>You follow Rikako through the gap. You find yourself at the entrance to the Scarlet Devil Mansion, and see Suika lying her head on Meiling.

>"Yukari, I need to talk to Reimu. give us a communication gap, please."
>"I suppose you need an indication that I heard you, so very well."

>Once the gap is ready: "Reimu, it's Shiki. What's your situation? Have you investigated the Gensokyo Isle incident to your satisfaction?"

>Armpits: Raise an eyebrow. "... I did mean whether she did anything past being willing to go along with this, but now I wanna know about that beef with Utsuho."
>Jump at the Yama's intrusion. "Damnit Yama. Uh... mostly. But don't think I'm letting Koishi off the hook. What do you want?"
>Shiki: "We may have a way to travel to the other world; we're about to do a test. But before we actually go over there, we have business here to take care of. The

voice is targeting Koishi again, so we need to ensure her safety. Any... business of your own that you may have with her can wait until after the current incident is

resolved. In addition, if we play this right, this may actually lead to her realizing that what she did was wrong, and even to her forgiving Utsuho. Your help would be

appreciated-we have a lot to do before evening, which is when the voice claims it will make its move, so the more people we have getting multiple things done at once,

the better-but this will be tricky enough as it is, so if you can't put the Gensokyo Isle incident aside for now-just for now-I can't have you as part of this. Can you

do that?"

>What's the time of day right now?
>Sunset.

>Gila Gangster: Frown. "I've cleaned up most of the loose ends and I could drop lookin' around further for now, but I'm not letting Koishi get away scot-free. Is she

getting punished as part of whatever scheme you're plotting?"
>Shiki: "If this works, it will be far more effective than any punishment of yours could ever be. If we manage to pull this off, she will know beyond any possibility

of denial what her actions did to others. The voice has claimed that it is going to reopen Koishi's third eye, and I intend to repeat its closure, but before that

happens, I'm going to expose Koishi to people who suffered as a result of her actions, specifically utsuho, although if I can find anyone else in time, well, the more

people there, the better. As I said, I welcome your aid, but only if you can set aside your anger for now. And just for now. I don't think you should pursue Koishi,

but if you choose to do so once this incident is resolved, well, that is your choice to make. Can you do that, Reimu?"
>Python Pusher: "Huh. Guess that's not too bad, but what makes you think she'd care about hurting them? She didn't show a damn bit of remorse earlier."
>Shiki: "She has convinced herself that Utsuho acted for purely selfish reasons. If she sees into Utsuho's mind, she will know why Utsuho really took such actions. We

might want to see if Satori will come, too. The more we have, the better."
>Monitor Mistress: "That doesn't exactly answer my question, Eiki."
>Shiki: "Koishi is convinced that Utsuho returned Gensokyo to normal simply because she wanted power. If she reads Utsuho's mind, she will know that this is not true.

She will know that she was wrong. And being wrong on one aspect of something throws into doubt other aspects of it. And... well, I believe that some part of her does

feel remorse for what she did. But she has shut that part away, and refuses to admit that it's there even to herself. If she is shown why Utsuho really did what she

did, I believe that this will spark a realization of her own feelings on the matter."
>Lacertid Lass: "Yeah, assuming Utsuho didn't do it for power, even if I think I prefer the outcome. And assuming Koishi is actually willing to admit or accept error

on her part, if the bird's conscious says something other than her subconscious. Which is kind of the question I'm not getting an answer for."
>"The heck did you do with her, anyway?"
>Shiki: "I felt that the best thing for her was to have some time alone. With nobody around her, she would be forced to confront herself. But we no longer have the

time to let that happen. I asked Yukari to keep tabs on her in case we had to find her again, but apparently Yukari decided that she'd rather not, so Suika's asking

Kanako to locate her again."
>"And, Reimu? I believe that Utsuho did what she did for the right reasons. And, yes, I am willing to take that chance."
>Iguana Iridescent: "Because you're omniscient, right? I take it Utsuho trying to kill everyone for the heck of it that one winter doesn't mean anything, then?"
>"And seriously, what the heck happened with Koishi earlier? Did you just let her walk away?"
>Shiki: "I have been the Yama for over two thousand years. I think I've learned a thing or two about people in that time."
>"And yes, I let Koishi walk away. As I said, I thought that it would be best for her to spend time alone."
>Skink Slapper: "Enough to be right all the time, while dodging everything I'm asking about?"
>As Eiki, you hear "As much as I hate to agree with Koishi, she did have a point about you thinking you don't need to justify your actions or reasoning."
>"Not to mention the part where for 2000 years you weren't hearing voices and acting really weird all of a sudden."
>"What did you do WITH her? Did she even listen to anything you said?"
>Shiki: "She resisted everything I told her, so I brought Satori in. They spoke in private, but Satori didn't have any more luck than I did. So I returned, made my

position clear, and then Satori and I left her on her own. Isolated, she would have no choice but to confront herself eventually, and my original intent was to return

to her when she did. But now we no longer have time for that approach."
>"Reimu, let's make sure we're clear on this. Yes or no: will you, for the time being, cooperate with me on this?"
>Alligator Agitator: "'Resisted,' huh?"
>"What do you want me to do?"
>Ping intuition: She's been evasive. Is she telling the whole truth yet?
>Shiki: "I want you to go underground and find Utsuho. Tell her  that we may be able to get Koishi to forgive her. Then get Satori, and bring the two of them to the

surface. Where we meet will depend on Koishi's location, so I'll tell you where to go once we've found her. We won't meet at her location, though; I don't want her to

know we're planning anything ahead of time. Once I've taken care of one last thing at the SDM, I'm going to find her and tell her what the voice is going to do, and

I'm going to advise her to prepare to re-close her eye, but that's all I'm going to say."
>Reimu replies "How much do you think Koishi is willing to cooperate with you on this?"

>Yuyukan Dovrefjell: "As selfish as that may be, I suppose." Shrug again.
>"Although... I'm afraid I'm not sure whether the attempt will work. The last time Patchouli tried that spell, it... didn't quite work well enough for me to find that

platform again." Frown. "Maybe I should go back and help as well, once Yukari is there... I do owe her that hug. Hm... I guess that leads to a request for those in the

other world, and a question more for you personally, Maribel."
>"I think it would still be best to have someone from there look into finding a way to speak with us directly, or even reach Gensokyo; this is really rather

troublesome for all involved, isn't it? I'm not sure what can be done from there, but... hm, I believe Yukari did just remind me of an 'overlay' that may be involved

with it. There's very little about it at Patchouli's library, but perhaps you can find more?"
>"And for you, Maribel... if I do leave to help Yukari, where would I be able to find you later today, or perhaps tomorrow? We... tracked you through those people

through the gap today, but I'd rather not burden dear Yukari with having to do that again, if we can help it. Or... perhaps you'd be alright with having one of her

communication gaps following you for now?"
>"Sorry, Renko and Yuyuko, but I can't hold two conversations at the same time."

>Rodentius: Holy shit that's a lot of info from her.

>... this is getting weird. And if no one else is going to jump on things, we might as well take the reins for now...
>Purvis adds to his previous response "Yuyuko says 'As selfish as that may be, I suppose.' She shrugs. 'Although... I'm afraid I'm not sure whether the attempt will work. The last time Patchouli tried that spell, it... didn't quite work well enough for me to find that platform again.' She frowns. 'Maybe I should go back and help as well, once Yukari is there... I do owe her that hug. Hm... I guess that leads to a request for those in the other world, and a question more for you personally, Maribel. I think it would still be best to have someone from there look into finding a way to speak with us directly, or even reach Gensokyo; this is really rather

troublesome for all involved, isn't it? I'm not sure what can be done from there, but... hm, I believe Yukari did just remind me of an 'overlay' that may be involved

with it. There's very little about it at Patchouli's library, but perhaps you can find more? And for you, Maribel... if I do leave to help Yukari, where would I be able to find you later today, or perhaps tomorrow? We... tracked you through those people

through the gap today, but I'd rather not burden dear Yukari with having to do that again, if we can help it. Or... perhaps you'd be alright with having one of her

communication gaps following you for now?"

>Uh let's do the youkai thing first. ">To Renko, "I don't think it would change much in itself, but I've been told that there's something about the effects that might

make you think a little differently... though I'm not really sure what."" Pause. ">"And I think Byakuren mentioned the stronger enchantment she was offering would make

me larger, just like her..."" Pause for the next line: ">Squeeze her hand. "Would you be okay with that, Renko?""
>And uh, having so many powerhouses at the Mansion during the attack would be... troublesome. ">Any sign of Renko responding to the mention of them being with

Patchouli?" Pause. ">"So, the others are... at the mansion? Are all of you... expecting to be there regularly?""
>To the players, "If everyone's going to be there, Renko's chances are basically in the gutter. What the hell do we do?"
>Well... our main reasons are owing some respect to Patchouli for that geode, and Sakuya half-teaching, half-threatening us with that time manipulation skill...

actually, that reminds of a point of curiosity:
>">"What sort of compulsions has Sakuya been having thanks to that gap that's supposed to be in her head, anyway?""
>">"What is that overlay you mentioned?"" Pause. To the people actually there, "Does anyone know what she's talking about?"
>As for how to meet her again... ">"I... am not entirely sure where I'll be tonight and tomorrow. We're still looking for a decent place to stay even, really..."

Pause. ">"I may spend the night at Byakuren's if I go through with the stronger enchantment she was offering, but... otherwise I'm not sure where I'll be going,

exactly." Pause. ">"Well, aside from seeing Renko, of course...""
>To players: "With the real question being whether Renko wants that invasion of privacy, of course."
>Draco says "Sorry, Renko and Yuyuko, but I can't hold two conversations at the same time." before you say this. Are you sure you want to continue with this?

>Where would we be able to look for more info about that? The library, presumably?
>Probably. The library has a lot of books on a lot of subjects.

>Shiki: "Would it be too much to ask for your help in helping Yukari with this, miss Rikako?"
>"Honestly, I don't like using magic very much. How important is all this...?"

>Microscopic Alcoholic: Grin. "Sorta! I'm just a sorta mini-me gapped over to talk with ya. The boss' havin' fun on that china girl's chest."
>"So, y'mind findin' Koishi for us again? She got kinda upset, so..."
>"Oh, so she left in anger? I see. Why do you want to seek Koishi out again?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on August 16, 2011, 02:18:45 AM
>Mini-Suika: "'Cause the bad guys targeting her again. yukari was supposed to keep track of Koishi, but she kinda didn't."
>Shiki: "I'm only going to tell Koishi about the voice's intent to open her eye. I'm not going to tell her about the rest."
>"If you wish to question me further, I will tell you everything you want to know, but that must wait until later. I promise it will happen, but it has to wait until after weve acted, as we are short on time. Please, go."
>Reimu: "...Fine. But you owe me big time."
>Shiki: "Thank you. Yukari, I hate to ask this of you, but can you give Reimu a gap to the underground? We don't have the time for her to fly there."
>"Also, Yukari, what's your position? Are you on your way?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on August 16, 2011, 03:24:08 AM
>Armpits: Ping intuition. Again, does it feel like Shiki's being completely honest about this? She's being so evasive...
>Do we have any idea where Marisa might be right now? Would she likely be willing/able to help?
>How did Minoriko take that whole interruption?

-----

>Somerset Yuyukans: Nod. "I'm... afraid I may have to ask to be the first focus for now, since the Yama wants to handle things quickly. And I think you two may have more... personal things to discuss, anyway~"
>"I suppose the important part is that I'd like to be able to find you again later, in case it becomes important to speak with those people in the other world again. Would that be alright?"

>Rodentius: ... okay, fair point. Let's break this down for now. Might bring up other important things to talk about, for that matter...
>">"She... may have a point, if it's okay to wait, Renko."" Hm. ">Gauge her response to all this."
>To the crowd, "I sort of have a lot of questions about the other stuff Yuyu said, but I dunno how... much of it Mary would actually care about. I mean, overlay? Them at the mansion? Compulsions? This is getting crazy. Anyone have any guesses what that overlay is, at least?"
>Do we?
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on August 17, 2011, 04:19:41 AM
>Mini-Suika: "'Cause the bad guys targeting her again. yukari was supposed to keep track of Koishi, but she kinda didn't."
>"Well, you can't trust the gap woman..."

>Shiki: "I'm only going to tell Koishi about the voice's intent to open her eye. I'm not going to tell her about the rest."
>"If you wish to question me further, I will tell you everything you want to know, but that must wait until later. I promise it will happen, but it has to wait until after weve acted, as we are short on time. Please, go."
>Reimu: "...Fine. But you owe me big time."
>Shiki: "Thank you. Yukari, I hate to ask this of you, but can you give Reimu a gap to the underground? We don't have the time for her to fly there."
>"I hope that Reimu does not become too impatient."

>"Also, Yukari, what's your position? Are you on your way?"
>"Was I supposed to be going anywhere?"

>Armpits: Ping intuition. Again, does it feel like Shiki's being completely honest about this? She's being so evasive...
>...You can't tell. Of course, you can't call on your intuition at will. Perhaps you should ask her and see her reaction to that.

>Do we have any idea where Marisa might be right now? Would she likely be willing/able to help?
>Probably in the Forest of Magic, doing magical experiments. As for the latter, who knows? You could tell she didn't seem interested when Shikieiki came to the shrine and told both of you about her problem, but maybe something that happened after that would interest her.

>How did Minoriko take that whole interruption?
>She doesn't seem angry about it. Or anything about it. SHe continues to wait for you stoically.

>Somerset Yuyukans: Nod. "I'm... afraid I may have to ask to be the first focus for now, since the Yama wants to handle things quickly. And I think you two may have more... personal things to discuss, anyway~"
>"I suppose the important part is that I'd like to be able to find you again later, in case it becomes important to speak with those people in the other world again. Would that be alright?"
>"Yes, it would be fine."

>Rodentius: ... okay, fair point. Let's break this down for now. Might bring up other important things to talk about, for that matter...
>Draco has a point...

>">"She... may have a point, if it's okay to wait, Renko."" Hm. ">Gauge her response to all this."
>Purvis replies "Renko leans in to you and whispers 'I dunno...for all we know, Yuyuko could be crazy."

>To the crowd, "I sort of have a lot of questions about the other stuff Yuyu said, but I dunno how... much of it Mary would actually care about. I mean, overlay? Them at the mansion? Compulsions? This is getting crazy. Anyone have any guesses what that overlay is, at least?"
>Kilga replies "No, I have no idea what an overlay is."

>Do we?
>Heck no.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on August 17, 2011, 04:24:37 AM
>Mini-Suika: "Yeah. So find Koishi, please."
>Shiki: "You were supposed to be on your way here, Yukari, so we could test the power-transfer plan. However, it's later in the day than I thought, so it's actually good that you missed that. We'll have to put off the test run for now. You're giving Reimu a gap underground, right?" If she's not: "Then please do so."
>"What's Suika's progress on Koishi's location?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on August 17, 2011, 07:14:50 AM
>Crotaphytinae Caller: Frown. Is the Yama getting more erratic...? If this keeps up, she might be a danger to herself as much as anything. That voice must be getting to her. Well, watch and wait for now... though some backup in case she loses it wouldn't hurt.
>Glare at the slow-opening gap for a moment (presuming it's there), then look at Minoriko. "Yeah, things are kinda crazy. Where was I? Oh, right, what was Shizuha mad at Utsuho about?"

-----

>Idiot Rodent: Ponder for a moment. Let's see, what would Mary do...
>">Whisper back, "It does sound crazy, but I guess I'm a little curious... how did she know we were here, at least? And if this is all based on Sakuya's head... wouldn't they be at the mansion?"
>We need to check the library and update any of the more active incident crew on this. How mobile is Purvis willing to be while hosting a Quest?
>Does Purvis typically pause for a while during long travel times or other time-consuming activities by the character in the Quest? Or would Purvis' Gensokyo be temporally desynced from us, assuming this is real?
>Failing that, is there anyone here that's mostly watching and might be willing to head to the Library and pass along the info?
>Beat up Blitzer and steal their lunch money
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on August 18, 2011, 04:23:13 AM
>Mini-Suika: "Yeah. So find Koishi, please."
>"Fine, fine."
>Kanako closes her eyes. A moment passes.
>"She seems to be near the foot of Youkai Mountain, with two girls and Yuyuko Saigyouji. I swear she was watching those two girls when I searched for her the last time the Yama came here..."
>Shiki: "You were supposed to be on your way here, Yukari, so we could test the power-transfer plan. However, it's later in the day than I thought, so it's actually good that you missed that. We'll have to put off the test run for now. You're giving Reimu a gap underground, right?" If she's not: "Then please do so."
>"You're acting more hastily than one would expect from the Yama."
>"What's Suika's progress on Koishi's location?"
>Kanako has just revealed Koishi's location; near the foot of Youkai Mountain with Maribel, Renko, and Yuyuko. Then Kanako said something about Koishi watching Maribel and Renko the last time you asked her to search for Koishi."
>Crotaphytinae Caller: Frown. Is the Yama getting more erratic...? If this keeps up, she might be a danger to herself as much as anything. That voice must be getting to her. Well, watch and wait for now... though some backup in case she loses it wouldn't hurt.
>She's going crazy...
>Glare at the slow-opening gap for a moment (presuming it's there), then look at Minoriko. "Yeah, things are kinda crazy. Where was I? Oh, right, what was Shizuha mad at Utsuho about?"
>"Partly because Shizuha still supported the existence of Gensokyo Isle, and partly because Utsuho attacked the incident without thinking of the potential collateral damage."
>Idiot Rodent: Ponder for a moment. Let's see, what would Mary do...
>">Whisper back, "It does sound crazy, but I guess I'm a little curious... how did she know we were here, at least? And if this is all based on Sakuya's head... wouldn't they be at the mansion?"
>Purvis says "'Yeah, I guess curiosity is reasonable.'"
>We need to check the library and update any of the more active incident crew on this. How mobile is Purvis willing to be while hosting a Quest?
>Not willing at all. He never seems to leave his trash can during storytelling. Of course, there are breaks during quests where he does leave the can.
>Does Purvis typically pause for a while during long travel times or other time-consuming activities by the character in the Quest? Or would Purvis' Gensokyo be temporally desynced from us, assuming this is real?
>He doesn't pause during long travel times or activities, so it looks like the latter.
>Failing that, is there anyone here that's mostly watching and might be willing to head to the Library and pass along the info?
>You don't think so.
>Beat up Blitzer and steal their lunch money
>Hell no, as parser of Eiki Quest I decide your fate, and your fate is to not beat me up and take my lunch money.
>Insert Ijiyatsu sex (M/F) of E-Mouse here.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on August 18, 2011, 05:16:09 AM
>Shiki: "Yes, that's true. Yuyuko, Koishi's near you. Find her and tell her that the voice has declared an intent to reopen her third eye. Then stay with her, for her sake. I want someone there with her in case something happens."
>"Yukari, this situation demands haste. For all I know, we could already be too late."
>Walk over to Suika.
>"Suika, resting time's over. I want you to head out to join Yuyuko's search for Koishi-and just fly over there; I don't want to tax Yukari any more than I have to. Make some mini-yous to help look. I'll be following along shortly."
>Reimu: "I have to take care of something else right now, but I'll be back soon."
>Once the gap has formed, enter it. If Yukari hasn't started forming the gap yet: "Yukari, aren't you supposed to gap me underground?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on August 18, 2011, 06:25:38 AM
>Shiki: "Yes, that's true. Yuyuko, Koishi's near you. Find her and tell her that the voice has declared an intent to reopen her third eye. Then stay with her, for her sake. I want someone there with her in case something happens."
>Yukari says "Koishi can and will easily run from Yuyuko, given that she no longer trusts you or your...associates."
>"Yukari, this situation demands haste. For all I know, we could already be too late."
>"I haven't reopened Koishi's eye yet. I said I would do it at the end of the day, and I'm now clarifying that as midnight. And it isn't a bad thing, either, she deserves it."

>Walk over to Suika.
>"Suika, resting time's over. I want you to head out to join Yuyuko's search for Koishi-and just fly over there; I don't want to tax Yukari any more than I have to. Make some mini-yous to help look. I'll be following along shortly."
>She yawns. "Shame. I'll head over." She gets up.

>Reimu: "I have to take care of something else right now, but I'll be back soon."
>Minoriko eyes the gap for a moment and says "Oookay..."

>Once the gap has formed, enter it. If Yukari hasn't started forming the gap yet: "Yukari, aren't you supposed to gap me underground?"
>You enter the gap. You then find yourself on the street in front of the entrance to the Palace of the Earth Spirits.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on August 18, 2011, 01:50:49 PM
>Shiki: "That would be why I'm following behind. Suika, you go first. You and Yuyuko find Koishi. Yukari, keep an eye on them, and if they find Koishi, keep track of her. I'll follow along behind, and if Koishi tries to run, I'll want you to coordinate between myself, Suika, and Yuyuko in order to intercept her."
>Suika: "Right, okay."
>We don't need the mini-Suika we sent to the shrine anymore. Do whatever we need to do to get rid of it, then head towards Yuyuko's position. If the mini-Suika needs to be called back to us, do that, then head for Yuyuko while it comes to us.
>Reimu: Is there anyone around? If so, approach them. If not, enter the palace..
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on August 19, 2011, 02:05:29 AM
>Armpits: Shizuha didn't consider her own collateral damage either, did she... she might still deserve a smack next time we run into her.
>Where are our spellcards?

-----

>m/v MVP: Did we leave a dent in Meiling's chest? :<

>Alcoholic Jihad: Why are we so expendable? WHY?!

-----

>Yuyuborz: Frown. "Shiki, I don't see why we all have to corner Koishi to warn her about that voice wanting to open her third eye tonight."
>Of course, Koishi probably heard that, but the poor girl doesn't deserve the trouble of getting chased down again, does she?
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on August 19, 2011, 02:55:43 AM
>Shiki: "Why does the voice want to open her third eye? Doing so obviously benefits it in some way. I intend not to let it do whatever it has planned, and for that purpose, we need to find Koishi."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on August 19, 2011, 06:09:44 AM
>Salish Yuyutains: "Oh, I know that voice is always trouble, but is it really fair to Koishi if we help when she doesn't want it?"
>And if she doesn't, this is a good chance for her to make an escape... of course.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on August 19, 2011, 06:28:57 AM
>Shiki: "Would you rather do nothing? I will not force you to aid me in this if you do not want to. But think: right now, Koishi, doesn't even know anything's going to happen. We should at least warn her."
>Yes, this could be a problem. Koishi hasn't had nearly enough time to find the truth as originally planned. Damn it, why did the voice have to do this now?
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on August 19, 2011, 06:41:01 AM
>The Hunger: "... Eiki, are you alright? You said that she was near here - knowing her power, she's probably overheard me by now. Isn't that warning enough?"

>Naturally, Ijiatsu players would inquire about the mention of Koishi by this point.

>Rodentius: ... oh shit, compulsions? Isn't that something Koishi would do? Just like we thought she was making Renko act selfish?
>Then again, we missed most of Utsuho Quest... it might not work that way in Purvistan.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on August 19, 2011, 07:20:06 AM
>Shiki: "No. I want to be sure she knows, and we can't be sure of that unless we tell her directly. And I also want to find her so that Yukari can keep track of her like I'd originally asked."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on August 19, 2011, 10:40:12 PM
>Shiki: "That would be why I'm following behind. Suika, you go first. You and Yuyuko find Koishi. Yukari, keep an eye on them, and if they find Koishi, keep track of

her. I'll follow along behind, and if Koishi tries to run, I'll want you to coordinate between myself, Suika, and Yuyuko in order to intercept her."
>Suika: "Right, okay."
>We don't need the mini-Suika we sent to the shrine anymore. Do whatever we need to do to get rid of it, then head towards Yuyuko's position. If the mini-Suika needs

to be called back to us, do that, then head for Yuyuko while it comes to us.
>You have to be in physical contact with the mini-Suika to get rid of it, so you'd have-
>As the mini-Suika, you are sucked into a gap. You can hear Kanako say "Such an impolite gap hag."
>As Suika, you see the mini-Suika suddenly appear in the air and fall on you where your boobs should be. You quickly reabsorb her. Sometimes Yukari is convenient..
>(Note: You remember everything your clones experiences, but only when you reabsorb them.)

>m/v MVP: Did we leave a dent in Meiling's chest? :<
>You didn't.

>Alcoholic Jihad: Why are we so expendable? WHY?!
>You cannot answer that question anymore as your consciousness has returned to Suika. If you could try to answer that, you wouldn't know.

>Reimu: Is there anyone around? If so, approach them. If not, enter the palace..
>Nobody is around, so you attempt to enter the palace. However, the door is locked.

>Armpits: Shizuha didn't consider her own collateral damage either, did she... she might still deserve a smack next time we run into her.
>Of course, like Minoriko, it doesn't seem like Shizuha did anything.

>Where are our spellcards?
>In your armpits.
>There's a hidden side pocket on your skirt where you keep them in. It's under your left arm.

>Yuyuborz: Frown. "Shiki, I don't see why we all have to corner Koishi to warn her about that voice wanting to open her third eye tonight."
>Of course, Koishi probably heard that, but the poor girl doesn't deserve the trouble of getting chased down again, does she?
>Shiki: "Why does the voice want to open her third eye? Doing so obviously benefits it in some way. I intend not to let it do whatever it has planned, and for that

purpose, we need to find Koishi."
>Salish Yuyutains: "Oh, I know that voice is always trouble, but is it really fair to Koishi if we help when she doesn't want it?"
>And if she doesn't, this is a good chance for her to make an escape... of course.
>Shiki: "Would you rather do nothing? I will not force you to aid me in this if you do not want to. But think: right now, Koishi, doesn't even know anything's going to

happen. We should at least warn her."
>Yes, this could be a problem. Koishi hasn't had nearly enough time to find the truth as originally planned. Damn it, why did the voice have to do this now?
>Shiki: "No. I want to be sure she knows, and we can't be sure of that unless we tell her directly. And I also want to find her so that Yukari can keep track of her

like I'd originally asked."
>The Hunger: "... Eiki, are you alright? You said that she was near here - knowing her power, she's probably overheard me by now. Isn't that warning enough?"

>Naturally, Ijiyatsu players would inquire about the mention of Koishi by this point.

>Rodentius: ... oh shit, compulsions? Isn't that something Koishi would do? Just like we thought she was making Renko act selfish?
>Then again, we missed most of Utsuho Quest... it might not work that way in Purvistan.
>You're not sure of Koishi could be causing it. But perhaps you should get to the "why" first.

>Shiki: "No. I want to be sure she knows, and we can't be sure of that unless we tell her directly. And I also want to find her so that Yukari can keep track of her

like I'd originally asked."
>Yukari says "I'd say Koishi already snuck away. I think that, if she did hear that the voice wants to reopen her third eye, she will think that you're lying. She's not very inclined to trust you. Also, she's a sneaky little bastard."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on August 20, 2011, 12:07:35 AM
>Pettanko Panama: Hm... that's weird. How'd Yukari get that gap for mini-suika up so fast? Maybe she was prepared beforehand. Ah well.
>Stretch and head... uh, right.
>"Which way's Yuyuko right now, anyways?"
>Upon being pointed in the right direction, proceed. Have a few micro-suiks fan out to help search.
>Damn, no panties retrieved. Next time, Gadget!

-----

>Lacertid Lacerator: Frown. Knock. "Oi! Anyone there? The Yama wants the crow for something."
>Try not to think about beating some sense back into Eiki.
>How many of our cards are usable at the moment? Did we leave any at home or anything?

-----

>Rodentius: Seriously? No one asked about Koishi yet?
>If Purvis has forwarded more of Yuyuko talking to herself, ask, "Koishi? She's here?"
>At what point in the narration has Purvis reached, following that command?

>Pryor Yuyukans: "Oh, that's a good point, Yukari. Really rather a pity she's gotten so upset..."
>Though the poor dear didn't ask to be born that way...
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on August 20, 2011, 12:23:40 AM
>Shiki: "Well, I was hoping that everyone would take action more quickly. And as for Koishi running, the intent was to use Yuyuko and, especially, Suika to herd her to me. But if we can't find her in the first place, we can't do that."
>"Koishi hasn't had time to get very far. Yukari, check as wide of an area around Yuyuko's position as you can, see if you cas find anything."
>Damn it, this is not good. We were going to give Koishi the time she needed, but no, the voice had to be too impatient for that, and now everything's going to-wait. The voice is...
>No. Bad idea. It can't be trusted.
>But...
>No.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on August 20, 2011, 06:34:35 AM
>Pettanko Panama: Hm... that's weird. How'd Yukari get that gap for mini-suika up so fast? Maybe she was prepared beforehand. Ah well.
>Yeah, probably.

>Stretch and head... uh, right.
>"Which way's Yuyuko right now, anyways?"
>Yukari whispers "Near the southern foot of Youkai Mountain. I don't think you would be able to find Koishi, though, due to her invisibility."

>Upon being pointed in the right direction, proceed. Have a few micro-suiks fan out to help search.
>You are currently considering what Yukari just pointed out. You sure you still want to do this?

>Damn, no panties retrieved. Next time, Gadget!
>Maybe next time.

>Lacertid Lacerator: Frown. Knock. "Oi! Anyone there? The Yama wants the crow for something."
>You know, and Rin opens the door. "Hello? Oh, it's you."

>Try not to think about beating some sense back into Eiki.
>You try not to think about doing so, but that may be just what she...nah. Urgh, the idea's still in your head.

>How many of our cards are usable at the moment? Did we leave any at home or anything?
>You have 6 spellcards right now, all ready to be used. You left most of yours at home, because you can't stuff very many into your pocket.

>Rodentius: Seriously? No one asked about Koishi yet?
>If Purvis has forwarded more of Yuyuko talking to herself, ask, "Koishi? She's here?"
>Purvis has indeed forwarded what Yuyuko's been saying.
>Wait, you hear Kilga say "Koishi? What would she be doing here?"

>At what point in the narration has Purvis reached, following that command?
>"Point in narration"?

>Pryor Yuyukans: "Oh, that's a good point, Yukari. Really rather a pity she's gotten so upset..."
>Though the poor dear didn't ask to be born that way...
>Poor Koishi.
>You hear Maribel says "Koishi? What would she be doing here?"

>Shiki: "Well, I was hoping that everyone would take action more quickly. And as for Koishi running, the intent was to use Yuyuko and, especially, Suika to herd her to me. But if we can't find her in the first place, we can't do that."
>"Exactly. You'd have to bring Kanako, and from what I've seen she's enjoying some sleep from blessing people. ...Are you actually going to do that?"

>"Koishi hasn't had time to get very far. Yukari, check as wide of an area around Yuyuko's position as you can, see if you can find anything."
>"I would try manipulating the border of visibility and invisibility, but in the state my gap powers are in, I can't. If I use a gap to see into the area normally, I'd be able to find Koishi as well any anybody else would."

>Damn it, this is not good. We were going to give Koishi the time she needed, but no, the voice had to be too impatient for that, and now everything's going to-wait. The voice is...
>No. Bad idea. It can't be trusted.
>But...
>No.
>"Heh."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on August 21, 2011, 01:00:16 AM
>Shiki: Damn it, we're running out of options.
>Mutter softly to self: "I can't believe I'm doing this."
>Voice. I don't know why you want Koishi to forgive Utsuho. I'm trying to achieve that because it is the right thing to do, but I do not believe for a second that you share this motive. But regardless of motive, we both want it to happen. I believe I was on the right track, but you're too impatient for that, so this will have to be done differently. I'm not going to let you screw this up, so this is how it's going to work: You're going to tell me where Koishi is, and guide me to her. And once Reimu has Utsuho and anyone else who comes, I'm going to give you the signal to open Koishi's third eye. She will read the truth from Utsuho's mind, and know she was wrong-although she may still need time. And after opening her third eye, you are going to leave her alone. Understood?
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on August 21, 2011, 04:11:03 AM
>Suikan Sidecar: Huh, a free way out?
>"Huh. Guess I shouldn't bother then, should I?"
>Flop again. Take a sip.

-----

>Viper Violencer: "Where's Utsuho? Apparently that voice in the Yama's head said it was gonna force Koishi's third eye open. And even if grass-head isn't going to let me give her what she deserves, the Yama's got it in her head to make her hear Utsuho's thoughts when it happens."
>Did we overhear the part about the timing being revised to 'midnight?' If so, add that.
>Size up Orin.
>How many spellcards do we have at home, roughly?

-----

>Yuyutannia: "Ah... that IS a good question, Maribel." Sad smile. "Perhaps she was watching me after everything that happened earlier... though I'm curious, how do you recognize the name?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on August 21, 2011, 04:41:01 AM
>Shiki: Damn it, we're running out of options.
>Mutter softly to self: "I can't believe I'm doing this."
>Voice. I don't know why you want Koishi to forgive Utsuho. I'm trying to achieve that because it is the right thing to do, but I do not believe for a second that you share this motive. But regardless of motive, we both want it to happen. I believe I was on the right track, but you're too impatient for that, so this will have to be done differently. I'm not going to let you screw this up, so this is how it's going to work: You're going to tell me where Koishi is, and guide me to her. And once Reimu has Utsuho and anyone else who comes, I'm going to give you the signal to open Koishi's third eye. She will read the truth from Utsuho's mind, and know she was wrong-although she may still need time. And after opening her third eye, you are going to leave her alone. Understood?
>"Fine. Just a moment..."
>A moment passes.
>"Koishi shouldn't be invisible anymore, and she should not be aware of that. I certainly hope this works, because I'm sick and tired of Koishi's shit."

>Suikan Sidecar: Huh, a free way out?
>"Huh. Guess I shouldn't bother then, should I?"
>Flop again. Take a sip.
>You lay your head on Meiling's breasts and take a sip from your gourd of infinite sake.

>Viper Violencer: "Where's Utsuho? Apparently that voice in the Yama's head said it was gonna force Koishi's third eye open. And even if grass-head isn't going to let me give her what she deserves, the Yama's got it in her head to make her hear Utsuho's thoughts when it happens."
>"And what's the poi...oh. She's inside taking a nap on the couch. You want me to get her?"

>Did we overhear the part about the timing being revised to 'midnight?' If so, add that.
>You did not.

>Size up Orin.
>You look closely at Orin. Her eyes, nose, and mouth seem to be the correct distance from each other.
>Okay, seriously, she looks confused and is watching you closely in return.

>How many spellcards do we have at home, roughly?
>55. You've really accumulated them over the years...

>Yuyutannia: "Ah... that IS a good question, Maribel." Sad smile. "Perhaps she was watching me after everything that happened earlier... though I'm curious, how do you recognize the name?"
>"I think Satori told me about her."
>You see a bright flash of light coming from the southeast direction.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on August 21, 2011, 04:48:25 AM
>Shiki: "Yuyuko, get looking. You'll be able to see her. You too, Suika. And you as well, please, Yukari. You should be able to see her. Don't askk questions; I'll explain later, but right now we're short on time."
>Suika: Damn it.
>"Fine."
>Head towards Yuyuko, sending out mini-Suikas as originally planned.
>Yuyuko: Head towards the light.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on August 21, 2011, 04:55:27 AM
>Shiki: "Yuyuko, get looking. You'll be able to see her. You too, Suika. And you as well, please, Yukari. You should be able to see her. Don't askk questions; I'll explain later, but right now we're short on time."

>Suika: Damn it.
>"Fine."
>Aww. Her breasts were so comfortable too...
>Head towards Yuyuko, sending out mini-Suikas as originally planned.
>You head towards Yuyuko's location and start raining mini-Suikas from the sky to look.

>Yuyuko: Head towards the light.
>You head quickly towards the light. After a few seconds, you can see Koishi's form, slightly faded, and running away with her back turned toward you. She doesn't seem to have noticed you're there.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on August 21, 2011, 05:05:59 AM
>Gravitational Gimlet: Sigh. Get up and head out to find that stupid satori.

-----

>Gila Gangster: "Yeah. Uh... Yukari, where's she supposed to go, anyway?"
>How good is Orin in a fight?
>Well... no, she wouldn't really be willing to help with this. Bah.

-----

>Grand Yuyutains: "Koishi! Did you hear that warning?!"

>Rodenjius: Crap. Advise Mary to follow if no one else jumps on it; this is weird! Though if Renko doesn't want to get involved, then there's not much choice.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on August 21, 2011, 05:19:46 AM
>Gravitational Gimlet: Sigh. Get up and head out to find that stupid satori.
>You already have gotten up, and you're already looking for Koishi.

>Gila Gangster: "Yeah. Uh... Yukari, where's she supposed to go, anyway?"
>"Okay. Wait outside here for a minute..."
>She walks back in.
>How good is Orin in a fight?
>Well... no, she wouldn't really be willing to help with this. Bah.
>Probably not.

>Rodenjius: Crap. Advise Mary to follow if no one else jumps on it; this is weird! Though if Renko doesn't want to get involved, then there's not much choice.
>Kilga commands Maribel to follow the light before you do, and puts in "Yuyuko? What's happening?"

>Grand Yuyutains: "Koishi! Did you hear that warning?!"
>She gives no indication of noticing your statement.
>As Yuyuko, you hear Maribel say "Yuyuko? What's happening?" Looks like she and Renko followed you.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on August 21, 2011, 05:22:15 AM
>Shiki:"Okay, Yukari, as soon as you see Koishi, direct us as I said earlier. We have the advantage of you being able to keep track of all of us simultaniously, so give us movement instructions to corner her. And everyone, try telling her that we're here to help because she's in danger again."
>Yuyuko: "We're chasing Koishi!"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on August 21, 2011, 05:30:01 AM
>Yuyuko: "We're chasing Koishi!"

>Fjords of the Styx: No, let's not be mean about it.
>"Trying to make sure Koishi knows about that threat! Please, just repeat it for me, Koishi!"
>Then we won't have a reason to chase, even if the Yama wants more...
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on August 22, 2011, 02:03:51 AM
>Shiki:"Okay, Yukari, as soon as you see Koishi, direct us as I said earlier. We have the advantage of you being able to keep track of all of us simultaneously, so give us movement instructions to corner her. And everyone, try telling her that we're here to help because she's in danger again."
>"Very well, but it's rather difficult to corner Koishi in a forest with no corners."

>"Trying to make sure Koishi knows about that threat! Please, just repeat it for me, Koishi!"
> In the harshest and coldest way you've ever heard, she says "Did the Yama tell you this? Because if she did, she lied."
>Yukari whispers "Ah, I expected her to not believe you."

>Then we won't have a reason to chase, even if the Yama wants more...
>You won't have to chase this poor girl...
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on August 22, 2011, 02:18:31 AM
>m/v MVP: Proceed.

>Turtle Tamer: Likewise.

-----

>Clachnacuyuyunn: Pause for a moment at that tone. Goodness.
>"It... it's still important to be aware of! Just in case, so you can choose what to do if your third eye is opened!"
>... and why would the Yama lie about this, anyway...?

>Rodenjius: Are we aware of other white gaps around lately?
>Let the others drive for now. Not confident how to handle the Koishi situation...
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on August 22, 2011, 02:57:24 AM
>Shiki: "But we have enough people to herd her in a direction, thanks to Suika, and I can be waiting for her. So you track her and direct the Suikas to chase her, then have me wait in ambush."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on August 22, 2011, 04:27:29 AM
>m/v MVP: Proceed.
>You continue to proceed to Yuyuko's location. In your ear, you hear Yukari say "Turn right slightly. You should find Koishi in that direction."

>Turtle Tamer: Likewise.
>You follow Orin inside to a space connect to several hallways. Obvious exits are north, west, south, and east, where south is the way you came. Rin goes through the north exit.

>Clachnacuyuyunn: Pause for a moment at that tone. Goodness.
>Brr.
>"It... it's still important to be aware of! Just in case, so you can choose what to do if your third eye is opened!"
>"She's manipulating you."
>Maribel asks "What's going on?"
>... and why would the Yama lie about this, anyway...?
>The Yama isn't the type to lie.

>Rodenjius: Are we aware of other white gaps around lately?
>You've heard reports of them in other places.
>Let the others drive for now. Not confident how to handle the Koishi situation...
>Purvis says "'Yuyuko says "Koishi! Did you hear that warning?!' Slightly after that, you can make out Koishi's form over Yuyuko's shoulders. Koishi does not respond to Yuyuko. >Yuyuko then says 'Trying to make sure Koishi knows about that threat! Please, just repeat it for me, Koishi!' Koishi, without turning to face Yuyuko, coldly says 'Did the Yama tell you this? Because if she did, she lied.'"
>"'It... it's still important to be aware of! Just in case, so you can choose what to do if your third eye is opened!' Yuyuko shouts back."
>Kilga says "Yuyuko...what's going on?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on August 22, 2011, 05:32:23 AM
>Shiki: "Okay, Yukari. Have the Suikas chase her in a specific direction, then put me in her path. Just tell me where to go."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on August 22, 2011, 06:01:24 AM
>Gravitational Gimlet: "Yeah, yeah."
>As directed.

-----

>Reptile Regulator: What's going on? Is Utsuho getting up?
>Join in the lesbian makeout session obviously delaying the two

>Armpits: Give them a minute. Tap foot impatiently.

-----

>Rocky Yuyutains: "I don't see why she would, but I do want you to know about it! Just let me know you understand and I'll stop!"

>Fatmus: Actually, if this is something we lack expertise or interest on, maybe we can nip off to check the library about that overlay and alert them to the gap connection, if anyone's planning to investigate it...
>Are we likely to miss much more than this encounter with Koishi for a hasty round trip?
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on August 22, 2011, 09:12:33 AM
>Shiki: "Okay, Yukari. Have the Suikas chase her in a specific direction, then put me in her path. Just tell me where to go."

>Gravitational Gimlet: "Yeah, yeah."
>As directed.
>You head to the direction Yukari designated. Sure enough, when you get there, you see Yuyuko chasing Koishi down, with two girls following Yuyuko.

>Reptile Regulator: What's going on? Is Utsuho getting up?
>Join in the lesbian makeout session obviously delaying the two

>Sorry, only two people can make out with each other at a time.
>Armpits: Give them a minute. Tap foot impatiently.
>You wait impatiently for them to finish making out so that you can make out with one of them. Down the hallway, you hear Rin say "Okuu, get up. Reimu's at the door and she's saying the Yama has some plan to get Koishi to forgive you."
>You hear Utsuho and Satori simultaneously say "What? She does?"
>Then you hear footsteps.

>Rocky Yuyutains: "I don't see why she would, but I do want you to know about it! Just let me know you understand and I'll stop!"
>"And be deceived by her?"

>Fatmus: Actually, if this is something we lack expertise or interest on, maybe we can nip off to check the library about that overlay and alert them to the gap connection, if anyone's planning to investigate it...
>You could probably check the library later...
>Are we likely to miss much more than this encounter with Koishi for a hasty round trip?
>You'll probably miss all of it, but you can always consult Pesco's records later.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on August 22, 2011, 09:10:28 PM
>Bijoutan Black Hole: "Huh, she looks weird like that. Point her to the mansion, right?"
>Scatter minioni for guidance!

-----

>Laguna Yuyutains: "I don't know, Koishi! But think about whether it's true, too!"
>Sorry, newcomers, but this is really important...

>Iji-mus: We don't care too much about being there for the Koishi scene. Would we miss much AFTER the bit with her for a round trip?

-----

>Armpits: When they're around, explain: "Apparently that voice in the Yama's head's gonna open her third eye sometime soon. Eiki's hoping takin' a look in Utsuho's head for herself would change her mind."
>Shake head. "Though I'm not counting on it."
>And that the Yama is so adamant about it isn't promising for her state of mind...
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on August 23, 2011, 01:50:34 AM
>Shiki: "Yukari, what's Reimu's status?"
>Upon hearing the answer: "Good. I'd hoped to get Satori, too, but I'll take what we have now. Give them a gap to here, please."
>Voice. Can you produce a flash or other visual sign when Koishi's eye is opened?
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on August 24, 2011, 04:02:38 AM
>Bijoutan Black Hole: "Huh, she looks weird like that. Point her to the mansion, right?"
>Yukari says "The Yama didn't specify a destination to move Koishi to, but that would be a good idea."

>Scatter minioni for guidance!
>You shoot in some mini-Suikas from the air. Not being threatened by them, Koishi simply jumps over them.

>Laguna Yuyutains: "I don't know, Koishi! But think about whether it's true, too!"
>She does not answer.

>Sorry, newcomers, but this is really important...
>Now the only thing left here is to say that out loud to Maribel and Renko.

>Iji-mus: We don't care too much about being there for the Koishi scene. Would we miss much AFTER the bit with her for a round trip?
>Probably.

>Armpits: When they're around, explain: "Apparently that voice in the Yama's head's gonna open her third eye sometime soon. Eiki's hoping takin' a look in Utsuho's head for herself would change her mind."
>Shake head. "Though I'm not counting on it."
>Satori says "It's still worth a try. Koishi's current state of mind seriously bothers me right now."
>Utsuho says "I'd do anything to get her to forgive me."
>And that the Yama is so adamant about it isn't promising for her state of mind...
>She seriously worries you...

>Shiki: "Yukari, what's Reimu's status?"
>"She's now speaking to Satori, Rin, and Utsuho about your plan."

>Upon hearing the answer: "Good. I'd hoped to get Satori, too, but I'll take what we have now. Give them a gap to here, please."
>"Very well."
>As Reimu, you hear Yukari say "Would you like a gap to Koishi now?"

>Voice. Can you produce a flash or other visual sign when Koishi's eye is opened?
>"It already comes with the process."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on August 24, 2011, 04:08:14 AM
>Reimu: "Yeah, let's get this over with. Give us the gap."
>Shiki: "How's Suika doing? Which way is Koishi headed?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on August 24, 2011, 05:39:26 AM
>Destiny of Density: Oh now she's gonna get it.
>Dive down and personally menace Koishi in the proper direction.

>Fjords of the Styx: "Koishi, please!"
>Give the outside girls a quick glance. "Sorry, but she's so difficult to find!"

>Reptile Regulator: Weird that they think sparks aren't going to fly as soon as I see Koishi again. Or the Yama, at this rate. Though a stop by the shrine would be good to stock up; this would be a tough match...
>Well. Maybe take advantage of an opportunity if there's just one of them at hand during this...

>Rodentius: Boooo. About how long would it be until one could expect Purvis to take a break again?
>... or maybe the link only solidified recently. See if he hesitates the next timejump.
>For now, watch and wait.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on August 24, 2011, 06:04:57 AM
>Pursuiting Koishi theme: Deep Blue (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTK9z1GNMEY)

>Shiki: "How's Suika doing? Which way is Koishi headed?"
>"Suika has failed to slow down Koishi with mini-Suikas, but considering how small they are, that was pretty obvious. Koishi is still headed east, slightly south, which would coincidentally be in the direction for the Scalret Devil Mansion."

>Destiny of Density: Oh now she's gonna get it.
>Dive down and personally menace Koishi in the proper direction.
>You get down and chase Koishi in the right direction. However, she already seems to be going in the correct direction.

>Fjords of the Styx: "Koishi, please!"
>She continues to run without answering.
>Give the outside girls a quick glance. "Sorry, but she's so difficult to find!"
>Renko shouts "Yeah, so?!"
>Maribel says "Can you at leasy explain why you're chasing Koishi?"
>Reptile Regulator: Weird that they think sparks aren't going to fly as soon as I see Koishi again. Or the Yama, at this rate. Though a stop by the shrine would be

good to stock up; this would be a tough match...
>Well. Maybe take advantage of an opportunity if there's just one of them at hand during this...
>Koishi can be difficult to fight...
>Reimu: "Yeah, let's get this over with. Give us the gap."
>You see a little gap in front of you open slowly wider. Too slow for your patience.

>Rodentius: Boooo. About how long would it be until one could expect Purvis to take a break again?
>A long while, at least.
>... or maybe the link only solidified recently. See if he hesitates the next timejump.
>You'll wait for that, and see if this happens...
>For now, watch and wait.
>Kilga puts in "Can you at leasy explain why you're chasing Koishi?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on August 25, 2011, 01:14:30 AM
>Shiki: "Yukari, which will happen first: Koishi getting here or the gap forming completely?"
>If it's Koishi arriving: "Okay, then. I'll have to go intercept Koishi before she gets here. Tell Reimu to wait until she sees a flash of light, then take the others and follow me as quickly as she can. And remind her that she agreed to postpone any violence with Koishi until after all of this is over."
>If it's the gap forming: "About how long after the gap forms will Koishi get here?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on August 25, 2011, 01:58:25 AM
>m/v MVP: Herd.

>Shoyuyunes: "Eiki wants to help her make amends with Utsuho! But I don't think Koishi would want to have her third eye opened either way!"

>Armpits: Feign patience. Mentally review available spellcards for strategy purposes.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on August 25, 2011, 04:01:44 AM
>Shiki: "Yukari, which will happen first: Koishi getting here or the gap forming completely?"
>"The latter."

>If it's the gap forming: "About how long after the gap forms will Koishi get here?"
>"Mmm...three minutes and twenty seconds."

>m/v MVP: Herd.
>You summon a herd of Suika too large for Koishi to jump past to keep Koishi in the right direction.

>Shoyuyunes: "Eiki wants to help her make amends with Utsuho! But I don't think Koishi would want to have her third eye opened either way!"
>Yukari whispers "The voice is responsible for Koishi's eye-opening, and the Yama is just using that to her advantage instead of ignoring it."

>Armpits: Feign patience. Mentally review available spellcards for strategy purposes.
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgM2g2Gcl3A&fmt=22
>Dream Land "Super Duplex Barrier"
>Scattered Spirit "Fantasy Seal -Fader-"
>Divine Arts "Omnidirectional Dragon Slaying Circle"
>Migrating Spirit "Fantasy Seal -Dark-"
>Border World "Hakurei Danmaku Bounded Field"
>Divine Spirit "Fantasy Seal -Blink-"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on August 25, 2011, 05:20:20 AM
>Reimu: Once the gap has formed, enter it with Utsuho and the others.
>Shiki: "Good, you're here. We have about three minutes before Koishi arrives, so I'll make this quick. We're going to enter the mansion. When Koishi gets close, I'm going to intercept her. Once I've done so, there will be a bright flash. Utsuho, Orin, Satori, that's your cue to come out and get to us as quickly as possible. Reimu, you stay in the mansion. I know you agreed not to attack Koishi until this whole thing is over, but there's no telling how Koishi would react to you, especially if your thoughts about her are what I expect they are, si I'd prefer if she didn't see you at all."
>"Utsuho, Orin, Satori. By the time you get to me and Koishi, her third eye will be open. This is something that I do not believe I can prevent, so instead I plan to use it to show her the truth. She will see the truth in your minds, and I think that's our best shot at snapping her out of her current state. If you have anything to say, do it once we're inside the mansion."
>Enter the mansion with reimu and the underground trio.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on August 25, 2011, 06:12:53 AM
>Reimu: Once the gap has formed, enter it with Utsuho and the others.
>You enter the gap with Satori, Orin, and Utsuho. You all arrive at the entrance to the Scarlet Devil Mansion.
>Shiki: "Good, you're here. We have about three minutes before Koishi arrives, so I'll make this quick. We're going to enter the mansion. When Koishi gets close, I'm going to intercept her. Once I've done so, there will be a bright flash. Utsuho, Orin, Satori, that's your cue to come out and get to us as quickly as possible. Reimu, you stay in the mansion. I know you agreed not to attack Koishi until this whole thing is over, but there's no telling how Koishi would react to you, especially if your thoughts about her are what I expect they are, so I'd prefer if she didn't see you at all."
>"Utsuho, Orin, Satori. By the time you get to me and Koishi, her third eye will be open. This is something that I do not believe I can prevent, so instead I plan to use it to show her the truth. She will see the truth in your minds, and I think that's our best shot at snapping her out of her current state. If you have anything to say, do it once we're inside the mansion."
>"So you want me to do this immediately so that Koishi can forgive Utsuho? How weird. My original plan was to wait for midnight, and it's only almost sunset..."
>Satori remarks "I find it likely that she'll refuse to believe what she's seen. Koishi's rather stubborn about her viewpoint on all this. Of course, we can nudge her in the right direction."

>Enter the mansion with reimu and the underground trio.
>You enter the mansion with Reimu. You hear Meiling say "Going in to speak with Patchouli again? Who're all these visitors?" She must have woke up...
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on August 25, 2011, 03:15:45 PM
>Shiki: I already told you my plan. Yes, you're going to do it as soon as we have Koishi. I doubt she'll be willing to remain with us, so it needs to happen right away.
>"Ah, Meiling, you're awake. We have little time to explain, so I'll be brief. Koishi is headed this way, and we are basically going to ambush her here. There are things she needs to know, but if she knows we're here, she's likely to run. When she arrives, please do not tell her that we're here."
>Enter the mansion with everyone.
>"Yukari, tell me when Koishi's here."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on August 26, 2011, 12:26:54 AM
>Shiki: I already told you my plan. Yes, you're going to do it as soon as we have Koishi. I doubt she'll be willing to remain with us, so it needs to happen right away.
>"Koishi may accuse you of collaborating with me, but thankfully she doesn't know that this was supposed to wait until midnight."

>"Ah, Meiling, you're awake. We have little time to explain, so I'll be brief. Koishi is headed this way, and we are basically going to ambush her here. There are things she needs to know, but if she knows we're here, she's likely to run. When she arrives, please do not tell her that we're here."
>"Mrr, fine."

>Enter the mansion with everyone.
>"Yukari, tell me when Koishi's here."
>"Understood."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on August 26, 2011, 03:45:26 AM
>Shiki: Once her third eye is open, she will know that I collaborated with you, but she'll also know that I exhausted every other option first, and she'll also know why I did it. And that will mean much, because I'm not doing this for my sake. I'm doing it for hers.
>Wait for Yukari's signal.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on August 26, 2011, 03:46:06 AM
>Armpits: Sigh heavily. Really? She just wanted us to pick up Satori and leave? Couldn't Yukari have done that on her own?
>Rub forehead. For that matter... "... how do you know where Koishi is now, anyway?"

>Lolioni: Woohoo! Chase down that annoyin' satori!

>Yuyutains: If Suika seems to have the whole Koishi chasing covered, sigh and stop. "I'm sorry it came to this, Koishi!"
>Give the two outsiders a sad smile, if they're there and stop with us.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on August 26, 2011, 05:54:17 AM
>Shiki: "Yukari's watching. She's going to alert us when Koishi gets here."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on August 26, 2011, 05:35:04 PM
>Gila Gangster: "And how the hell are you seeing her, Yukari? I kinda doubt she wanted to be found right now."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on August 26, 2011, 06:12:24 PM
>Shiki: "I'll explain later. Koishi will be here any minute now."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on August 26, 2011, 06:23:27 PM
>Genji Grappler: Watch the Yama carefully. She's definitely hiding something...
>Glare. "If it's minutes, you got time. Or would Yukari have some idea anyway?"
>How long would a round trip to the shrine take?
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on August 26, 2011, 10:29:36 PM
>Armpits: Sigh heavily. Really? She just wanted us to pick up Satori and leave? Couldn't Yukari have done that on her own?
>You sigh. This could have been done more easily...
>Rub forehead. For that matter... "... how do you know where Koishi is now, anyway?"
>Yukari clears her throat. "Ahem."
>Shiki: "Yukari's watching. She's going to alert us when Koishi gets here."
>Gila Gangster: "And how the hell are you seeing her, Yukari? I kinda doubt she wanted to be found right now."
>Shiki: "I'll explain later. Koishi will be here any minute now."
>Genji Grappler: Watch the Yama carefully. She's definitely hiding something...
>Glare. "If it's minutes, you got time. Or would Yukari have some idea anyway?"
>How long would a round trip to the shrine take?
>20-25 minutes, probably.

>Lolioni: Woohoo! Chase down that annoyin' satori!
>You chase down Koishi, dropping on more mini-Suikas so Koishi absolutely can't change direction.

>Yuyutains: If Suika seems to have the whole Koishi chasing covered, sigh and stop. "I'm sorry it came to this, Koishi!"
>Give the two outsiders a sad smile, if they're there and stop with us.
>Maribel and Renko are still there behind and next to you, though both look confused. Maribel asks "What was that all about?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on August 26, 2011, 11:07:33 PM
>Hakurei Helodermatidae: "So Yukari, how did you guys find her, anyway?"
>If they want us gone, we're picking up some more cards. Do we have any good carrying containers at home to bring along a larger collection for purer ultraviolence?

>Yuyukan Alps: Sigh. "Apparently poor Koishi had... rather a falling out with Utsuho over the Gensokyo Isle incident. Eiki has been quite adamant about getting the two to make up. Though really, perhaps we're being too aggressive about it..."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on August 26, 2011, 11:52:43 PM
>Shiki: "Yukari estimated about three minutes between you passing through her gap and Koishi getting here. And we've spent too much of that time already. I give you my word that after this, I will explain everything, but right now we simply do not have the time. Koishi's arrival is imminent."
>She'll get here any time now. Wait for Yukari's signal.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on August 27, 2011, 04:46:39 AM
>Hakurei Helodermatidae: "So Yukari, how did you guys find her, anyway?"
>"She suddenly appeared after a flash of light."
>If they want us gone, we're picking up some more cards. Do we have any good carrying containers at home to bring along a larger collection for purer ultraviolence?
>You have no containers that don't need one or both of your hands to use. You could try to stuff as many in your pockets as you can.
>Yuyukan Alps: Sigh. "Apparently poor Koishi had... rather a falling out with Utsuho over the Gensokyo Isle incident. Eiki has been quite adamant about getting the two to make up. Though really, perhaps we're being too aggressive about it..."
>"Is the Yama usually like this?"

>Shiki: "Yukari estimated about three minutes between you passing through her gap and Koishi getting here. And we've spent too much of that time already. I give you my word that after this, I will explain everything, but right now we simply do not have the time. Koishi's arrival is imminent."
>"Come to think of it, Reimu will also raise a stink about us working together."
>She'll get here any time now. Wait for Yukari's signal.
>You wait until Koishi arrives, which takes...quite a while. Yukari hasn't given a signal yet.
>Satori comes close to you and whispers "Do you really think you should be trusting that voice? Or are you not?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on August 27, 2011, 06:09:21 AM
>Shiki: I don't, but we seem to have a desire in common when it comes to Koishi, although our motives are not the same, I would imagine, although I don't know its motive. I act out of concern for Koishi's soul; I don't want it to fall to hell. I do this for her sake, not mine.
>"Yukari, how close is she?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on August 27, 2011, 06:22:52 AM
>Gecko Groupie: "A flash of light, huh... that's strange."
>Eye Eiki for a few seconds. Oh, she's up to something...
>"Well, I guess if you don't want me here, I do have somewhere I'd like to go for a bit..."

>Grand Yuyutons: How familiar are we with Eiki, again? Give the two a quiet confirmation either way.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on August 27, 2011, 06:49:52 AM
>Shiki: I don't, but we seem to have a desire in common when it comes to Koishi, although our motives are not the same, I would imagine, although I don't know its motive. I act out of concern for Koishi's soul; I don't want it to fall to hell. I do this for her sake, not mine.
>"Interesting."
>"Of course I know what I say will seem entirely like bullshit, but I'd just like to take the time to say that I'm doing this only because I oppose Koishi's actions related to Gensokyo Isle on moral grounds. I do not have an ulterior motive for disliking Koishi."

>"Yukari, how close is she?"
>"Two minutes and thirteen seconds."

>Gecko Groupie: "A flash of light, huh... that's strange."
>Eye Eiki for a few seconds. Oh, she's up to something...
>What is she up to...?

>"Well, I guess if you don't want me here, I do have somewhere I'd like to go for a bit..."
>Satori says "I suppose there's nothing else for you to do right now..."

>Grand Yuyutons: How familiar are we with Eiki, again? Give the two a quiet confirmation either way.
>You aren't very familiar with Eiki, and you only knew her because she appointed you to manage the Hakugyokurou ghosts. You've gradually got to know her more due to the day's events, though.
>So, are you confirming yes or no?
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on August 27, 2011, 06:58:24 AM
>Shiki: Voice, can you tell Koishi's location? If so, is Yukari's report accurate?
>"As long as you don't interfere with this, Reimu, I have no objections to you going elsewhere. Just remember your promise to leave any... issues with Koishi for after this incident is resolved."
>Reimu: "Yeah, yeah. Oh, and I will still be wanting that explanation you promised."
>Shiki: "Of course."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on August 27, 2011, 07:09:01 AM
>Shiki: Voice, can you tell Koishi's location? If so, is Yukari's report accurate?
>"Judging by the speed at which an unladen Koishi runs at, yeah, she's just about right."

>"As long as you don't interfere with this, Reimu, I have no objections to you going elsewhere. Just remember your promise to leave any... issues with Koishi for after this incident is resolved."
>Reimu: "Yeah, yeah. Oh, and I will still be wanting that explanation you promised."
>Shiki: "Of course."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on August 27, 2011, 07:38:01 AM
>Reptile Regulator: "Though I'm assuming you only mean waiting until after this last attempt to just talk sense into her..."
>After which, she'd be fair game...
>If the Yama objects, wave it off. "Yeah, yeah, I can wait. You planning on being here later, right?"

>Fjords of the Styx: "I... honestly can't say. I mostly just talked with her today, but she said that the voice she's been hearing has been getting to her... whether all of this is normal for her, I'm not sure."
>Sigh. "Just being able to reach that influence would make things so much easier..."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on August 27, 2011, 01:39:09 PM
>Shiki: "No, I mean until this incident with the voice and the overlay is resolved."
>In response to the question: "After this, we'll likely find a place to spend the night. We may be here, but we may not. I'll have Yukari let you know where we end up staying."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on August 27, 2011, 03:54:15 PM
>Reptile Regulator: "Though I'm assuming you only mean waiting until after this last attempt to just talk sense into her..."
>After which, she'd be fair game...
>Shiki: "No, I mean until this incident with the voice and the overlay is resolved."
>If the Yama objects, wave it off. "Yeah, yeah, I can wait. You planning on being here later, right?"
>In response to the question: "After this, we'll likely find a place to spend the night. We may be here, but we may not. I'll have Yukari let you know where we end up staying."
>Yukari says "I personally think that we should all go back to our separate homes during the night and then rendezvous at the Hakurei shrine in the morning."

>Fjords of the Styx: "I... honestly can't say. I mostly just talked with her today, but she said that the voice she's been hearing has been getting to her... whether all of this is normal for her, I'm not sure."
>Sigh. "Just being able to reach that influence would make things so much easier..."
>Maribel asks "What influence?" Renko adds in "And what's this voice supposed to be doing?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on August 28, 2011, 01:19:54 AM
>Shiki: "That works, although it may be better to rendesvous here instead, since this is likely to be our first destination. We're going to attempt transferring power to you, remember, in hopes that this will let you get us to the other world."
>Wait for Koishi's arrival.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on August 28, 2011, 03:30:10 AM
>Gecko Gringo: "... wait, powering up Yukari?" That sounds like a terrible idea.
>Were we there for the previous powerup attempts?

>Tantalus Yuyunges: "I... assumed that you two were a bit too busy to want to hear the full story, but if you'd like, I suppose it would be good to tell it."
>"I suppose the short version of what happened to Eiki is that she seems to have started hearing a voice in her dreams a while ago that's somehow managed to provoke some self-doubt in her... and damaged an important tool for her usual tasks. We've been trying to investigate it since then, but it was rather annoying when it cut off my ability to track that glass platform we found early on..." Frown.

>Blatant Self-Insert: Glass platform? Is this familiar, to us or anyone else Questing?
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on August 28, 2011, 03:45:59 AM
>Shiki: "She can't make a gap to the other world right now. If we perform a temporary power transfer, she may be able to. We have been looking into ways to get there, you know."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on August 28, 2011, 05:49:20 AM

>Shiki: "That works, although it may be better to rendesvous here instead, since this is likely to be our first destination. We're going to attempt transferring power to you, remember, in hopes that this will let you get us to the other world."
>"I suppose."
>Gecko Gringo: "... wait, powering up Yukari?" That sounds like a terrible idea.
>Were we there for the previous powerup attempts?
>No, you were too busy in the underground investigating Gensokyo Isle.
>Shiki: "She can't make a gap to the other world right now. If we perform a temporary power transfer, she may be able to. We have been looking into ways to get there, you know."

>Wait for Koishi's arrival.
>You wait for Koishi's arrival.
>After a few minutes, Yukari says "Koishi is due to arrive in 30 seconds. You might want to exit the mansion now."

>Tantalus Yuyunges: "I... assumed that you two were a bit too busy to want to hear the full story, but if you'd like, I suppose it would be good to tell it."
>"I suppose the short version of what happened to Eiki is that she seems to have started hearing a voice in her dreams a while ago that's somehow managed to provoke some self-doubt in her... and damaged an important tool for her usual tasks. We've been trying to investigate it since then, but it was rather annoying when it cut off my ability to track that glass platform we found early on..." Frown.
>"Sorry for prying, but I'm just curious. How much do you know about this voice?"

>Blatant Self-Insert: Glass platform? Is this familiar, to us or anyone else Questing?
>No.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on August 28, 2011, 01:34:30 PM
>Shiki: "Satori, Orin, Utsuho. Remember, your signal is a bright flash. Come to us as soon as you see it."
>Exit the mansion and head towards Koishi. When we see her, grab her.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on August 28, 2011, 09:07:35 PM
>Shiki: "Satori, Orin, Utsuho. Remember, your signal is a bright flash. Come to us as soon as you see it."
>Exit the mansion and head towards Koishi. When we see her, grab her.
>You, Satori, Orin, and Utsuho exit the mansion and head out. Meiling asks you "Soo...what exactly are you doing right now with all of these people?"
>As it turns out, thirty second takes a while, but after those seconds, you see Koishi heading in your direction, being herded by several mini-Suikas. You try to fly over and grab her, but she decides to change direction and actually steps on the mini-Suikas to escape.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on August 29, 2011, 12:25:43 AM
>Tortoise Trampler: Frown at the departing group for a moment. Something doesn't add up here...
>Do we know of any back exits to the mansion, to avoid seeing Koishi and raising our blood pressure? We need to visit the shrine, especially if the Yama's planning to leave it for the night soon anyway...
>... is Rikako around?

>Montgomery Monster: HEY!
>Did that hurt?
>Block her off personally. Tackle her at, say, 4x weight if need be.

>Yuyukans: "Mmm, tracing it to that glass platform high above Gensokyo is probably the most specific detail we've really discovered. I believe Eiki said that its goal was to try and change her morals and the standards that Yamas use... although, I believe she also said that it was interested in making Utsuho and Koishi make up..."
>... frown. That may imply bad things at this point...
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on August 29, 2011, 12:40:43 AM
>Tortoise Trampler: Frown at the departing group for a moment. Something doesn't add up here...
>Something's not right here...
>Do we know of any back exits to the mansion, to avoid seeing Koishi and raising our blood pressure? We need to visit the shrine, especially if the Yama's planning to leave it for the night soon anyway...
>You could climb out a window, but that's all you know of.
>... is Rikako around?
>Yes. She doesn't seem to feel like going with toe others, and she's been oddly quiet.

>Montgomery Monster: HEY!
>You don't treat mini-Suikas like that!
>Did that hurt?
>No. It wouldn't hurt if you reabsorbed the mini-Suikas that were stepped on, either, but you would remember being stepped on.
>Block her off personally. Tackle her at, say, 4x weight if need be.
>You fly quickly and tackle her. After being knocked down, she attempts to get you off her back, but you multiply your weight by 4 so you can't be lifted. Of course. none of that weight includes your breasts.
>"Leave me alone! Why won't she leave me be?!"

>Yuyukans: "Mmm, tracing it to that glass platform high above Gensokyo is probably the most specific detail we've really discovered. I believe Eiki said that its goal was to try and change her morals and the standards that Yamas use... although, I believe she also said that it was interested in making Utsuho and Koishi make up..."
>... frown. That may imply bad things at this point...
>"Uh-huh. Weird...Renko, do you think we should continue heading back to the fairies now?"
>Renko replies "As interesting as this all is, yes."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on August 29, 2011, 01:12:49 AM
>Zero-G Zombie: Would we be able to drag her over to the Yama easily this way, or would she be able to run as soon as we let go?

>Go-to Gecko: Eye the heretic for a moment.
>Assuming we know about it, "Guessing they dragged you along to mess with those head-gaps again?"

>Phantasmal Plateau: "I have held you up enough, haven't I? I'd like to tell those people in the other world more, but it's hardly fair to you to force you to listen to it all, is it?"
>"Hm... I think the most important part for them to know is about the overlay, since that would probably affect them directly. I believe it was called the Rathi Overlay, more specifically...?"
>"Ah! And one important thing you two might want to know about. Reisen told us about two fairy armies being gathered, earlier... one to attack the Mansion, and one to defend it. I don't really know anything about the other one, but it's a rather strange coincidence, isn't it?"

>Iji-mus: ... jot that down for a future visit to the library.
>"So. Anyone else curious about that thing?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on August 29, 2011, 02:05:17 AM
>Shiki: Approach Koishi.
>"I wanted to leave to to yourself, Koishi, but unfortunately, someone else had other ideas, so I had no choice."
>Do it now.
>No telling how Koishi's going to react to this. Yes, she'll know that we cooperated with the voice to do it, but she'll also know that doing so was a last resort. She'll know that we will help her reclose her eye if she wants to. And, of course, she'll know why we did it. She'll know that our concern is for her as a person and for her soul. She'll know that we're doing this for her sake, not for our own. And when Satori and the others arrive, she'll know why Utsuho acted in the manner she did. She'll know that Satori and the others care about her. She's convinced herself that she's alone, and now she will know that she is not.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on August 29, 2011, 03:14:11 AM
>Zero-G Zombie: Would we be able to drag her over to the Yama easily this way, or would she be able to run as soon as we let go?
>She would try to run as soon as you let go of her.

>Go-to Gecko: Eye the heretic for a moment.
>Assuming we know about it, "Guessing they dragged you along to mess with those head-gaps again?"
>"Yeah, pretty much. There's a lot of weird stuff in those headgaps..."

>Phantasmal Plateau: "I have held you up enough, haven't I? I'd like to tell those people in the other world more, but it's hardly fair to you to force you to listen to it all, is it?"
>Maribel replies "I suppose."

>"Hm... I think the most important part for them to know is about the overlay, since that would probably affect them directly. I believe it was called the Rathi Overlay, more specifically...?"
>Yukari clearly says "That was only one overlay that happened in a world far away from this one. This one is a completely different overlay."
>"Ah! And one important thing you two might want to know about. Reisen told us about two fairy armies being gathered, earlier... one to attack the Mansion, and one to defend it. I don't really know anything about the other one, but it's a rather strange coincidence, isn't it?"
>Renko says "Wait, there's another fairy army?"
>Maribel says "Looks like there's something else I'm curious about here. How much do you know about this other fairy army?"

>Iji-mus: ... jot that down for a future visit to the library.
>You write that down somewhere for a library visit.
>"So. Anyone else curious about that thing?"
>Kilga replies "No, but I'm curious about this other fairy army." She then says "Looks like there's something else I'm curious about here. How much do you know about this other fairy army?"

>Shiki: Approach Koishi.
>"I wanted to leave to to yourself, Koishi, but unfortunately, someone else had other ideas, so I had no choice."
>"And you had to use force...you've fallen very far."

>Do it now.
>Satori telepathically says "And hope that this doesn't alienate me from my sister." She then normally says "Okuu, can you step close to Koishi?"
>Utsuho says nothing, but steps close to Koishi. Koishi looks scornful.

>No telling how Koishi's going to react to this. Yes, she'll know that we cooperated with the voice to do it, but she'll also know that doing so was a last resort. She'll know that we will help her reclose her eye if she wants to. And, of course, she'll know why we did it. She'll know that our concern is for her as a person and for her soul. She'll know that we're doing this for her sake, not for our own. And when Satori and the others arrive, she'll know why Utsuho acted in the manner she did. She'll know that Satori and the others care about her. She's convinced herself that she's alone, and now she will know that she is not.
>You take the risk as Vriska would. Wait, who's Vriska?
>A few electrical arcs appear around Koishi. They appear slowly at first, but then more appear at a faster rate. You see Koishi's eye slowly opening as the electrical arcs move around her faster and faster. After a bright flash of light, you see Koishi's eye has been fully opened.
>Koishi looks at you. She doesn't look angry, but...amused?
>In an off-putting and icy voice, she says "So you had to get the help of your worst enemy to do this? You're not as pure and good as a Yama's supposed to. You're a false, weak Yama. And as for you, sister...why did you let this happen?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on August 29, 2011, 03:45:48 AM
>Shiki: "You should be able to see that I did so because I had no other choice. You know I'm telling the truth when I say that I intended to leave you to yourself, but the voice forced my hand, and yes, I had to cooperate with it, but you can also see that I'm telling the truth when I say that doing so was a last resort, and that I am not pleased with myself for doing so. And as for your sister, she's concerned about you. As are Orin and Utsuho. You do see it, right? Their concern for you? Their love for you?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on August 29, 2011, 04:28:23 AM
>Americano Aggressor: Huh, worst enemy? Weird...
>Whatever, let's get this fiasco with that dumb mind-reader over with.

>Snapper Smiter: "Hopefully they aren't the ones responsible for this. I have enough people to strangle already."
>"No sign of that, then?"
>"You have any idea if there's another way outta the mansion?"
>Anyone else handy, actually?

>Chilyuyutins: "Ah, is that right, Yukari? The name of the one the voice is messing with keeps escaping me. Was it Kthari?" Sigh. "Sorry for the confusion, girls..."
>"As for that other fairy army, I'm afraid I don't know much more beyond that, and neither did Reisen. But I suppose it's fair to warn you to make up for your time, isn't it?"

>Iji-mus: Ah, damnit. Adjust notes.
>... that's strange. Purvis wouldn't have them make stupid mistakes like that, would he? Few would in GMing...
>And then there's the mention of Reisen... raise an eyebrow at Kilga, since that would obviously interest her.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on August 30, 2011, 04:38:12 AM
>Shiki: "You should be able to see that I did so because I had no other choice. You know I'm telling the truth when I say that I intended to leave you to yourself, but the voice forced my hand, and yes, I had to cooperate with it, but you can also see that I'm telling the truth when I say that doing so was a last resort, and that I am not pleased with myself for doing so. And as for your sister, she's concerned about you. As are Orin and Utsuho. You do see it, right? Their concern for you? Their love for you?"
>Koishi opens her mouth to speak, but then Satori shoots a long look at her. Thy stare at each other for a minute, and then Koishi says...
>"...Yes."

>Americano Aggressor: Huh, worst enemy? Weird...
>Whatever, let's get this fiasco with that dumb mind-reader over with.
>You get off of Koishi after she said yes. She doesn't attempt to escape again.

>Snapper Smiter: "Hopefully they aren't the ones responsible for this. I have enough people to strangle already."
>"It's not as if you can even reach them to strangle them," Rikako replies.
>"No sign of that, then?"
>"Sign of...what?"
>"You have any idea if there's another way outta the mansion?"
>"No, but it's not as if I know the layout of this place."
>Anyone else handy, actually?
>Not that you know of.

>Chilyuyutins: "Ah, is that right, Yukari? The name of the one the voice is messing with keeps escaping me. Was it Kthari?" Sigh. "Sorry for the confusion, girls..."
>"As for that other fairy army, I'm afraid I don't know much more beyond that, and neither did Reisen. But I suppose it's fair to warn you to make up for your time, isn't it?"
>Renko says "Yeah, I suppose." Maribel adds "Good-bye, Yuyuko."
>They both depart in the opposite direction.

>Iji-mus: Ah, damnit. Adjust notes.
>... that's strange. Purvis wouldn't have them make stupid mistakes like that, would he? Few would in GMing...
>Sorry for not keeping up with my own quest very well, but describe stupid mistakes.

>And then there's the mention of Reisen... raise an eyebrow at Kilga, since that would obviously interest her.
>"Well, she's rather friendly with the fairies since the end of Reisen Quest, so I can see why she's heard of them..."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on August 30, 2011, 05:11:10 AM
>Shiki: "Then you know that you are not alone. Satori and the others are there whenever you need them. And I can offer my support, as well. I don't know how much that means to you, but it is true. I know that I acted... incorrectly before, especially when I struck you. Recent events have gotten to me more than I realized, and I have made some poor decisions, and for that I apologize. I know that I acted wrongly, and I regret it deeply. And you know that I speak the truth."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on August 30, 2011, 05:19:07 AM
>B-52 Brigadier: Huh. That went better than expecte-- wait, struck? Hah! Oh wow.
>Slouch nearby. Stay on alert in case this goes dumb thing goes sour.

>Xantusiidae Xenophobe: "Sign of that other world being responsible for that stupid voice in the Yama's head."
>Mutter.
>Hm. No easy way out without interfering... ugh, well, we promised to give her a chance, at least...
>"She's got ten minutes."
>Take a seat.

>Vacuum Valley: Watch them for a moment. As tempting as it would be to try some more at getting ahold of the people in that other world, Koishi's probably more important right now, even if things didn't go as well as they could have...
>Wave after them and head over to the satori discussion.

>Rodentius: Purvis wouldn't have Yuyuko make that mistake about the name of that overlay. Damnit. There's something up here.
>"Yeah, but that doesn't explain why Renko hasn't. And then there's that overlay thing..." Sigh. "Damnit."
>Is there a convenient way to search the Library's selection for specific words or topics?
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on August 31, 2011, 02:44:21 AM
>Shiki: "Then you know that you are not alone. Satori and the others are there whenever you need them. And I can offer my support, as well. I don't know how much that means to you, but it is true. I know that I acted... incorrectly before, especially when I struck you. Recent events have gotten to me more than I realized, and I have made some poor decisions, and for that I apologize. I know that I acted wrongly, and I regret it deeply. And you know that I speak the truth."
>"I...I need time to sort out my thoughts alone."
>Satori says "I'm coming with you."
>"Fine."
>"Well...at least she doesn't completely hate Utsuho now. I suppose I'm not going to deconstruct her psyche unless she changes her mind on that."

>B-52 Brigadier: Huh. That went better than expecte-- wait, struck? Hah! Oh wow.
>Slouch nearby. Stay on alert in case this goes dumb thing goes sour.
>You wait for this thing to settle.

>Xantusiidae Xenophobe: "Sign of that other world being responsible for that stupid voice in the Yama's head."
>"No signs of the gaps related to the voice."

>Mutter.
>Hm. No easy way out without interfering... ugh, well, we promised to give her a chance, at least...
>"She's got ten minutes."
>Take a seat.
>You wait for the Yama to sort things out.

>Vacuum Valley: Watch them for a moment. As tempting as it would be to try some more at getting ahold of the people in that other world, Koishi's probably more important right now, even if things didn't go as well as they could have...
>Wave after them and head over to the satori discussion.
>You wave goodbye to Maribel and Renko and head over to the Yama.

>Rodentius: Purvis wouldn't have Yuyuko make that mistake about the name of that overlay. Damnit. There's something up here.
>However, Yuyuko is the type who doesn't even remember what she ate for breakfast. She's prone to misremembering things.
>"Yeah, but that doesn't explain why Renko hasn't. And then there's that overlay thing..." Sigh. "Damnit."
>Is there a convenient way to search the Library's selection for specific words or topics?
>Unfortunately, no. You could try to ask a librarian, but they don't always know.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on August 31, 2011, 03:21:07 AM
>Shiki: "Very well, then. We will leave you. We're going to be meeting at the mansion again tomorrow morning; we may have a way to reach the other world. And I have come to believe there's a good likelihood that this will benefit us against the voice. The voice may even be from the other world, although I'm not sure. I do know that the voice wants the overlay stopped, and that it has said that it will meet with us if we can stop it. Before I decide on a course of action, I'm going to investigate further, but regardless of the decision made, this is a step in the right direction."
>"Anyways, Koishi, I understand that you may still feel animosity towards me, and I truly do regret the actions that it stems from. I understand if you don't want to rejoin us, but I would like to request that you do-and don't worry about Reimu; she's agreed to set aside the issue of the previous incident for now. Whether you close your third eye again or keep it open, I think your talents would be most useful, and in addition, I would be there to assist you should the voice try anything further against you. And... well, personal relationships are valuable, and I do not want to part ways with someone who could become a friend. I realize I have taken actions that sabotaged that relationship, but I wish to make up for them and repair the damage that has been done. If you want time to think about it, then take that time, although do be aware that we may very well travel to the other world tomorrow. Anyways, allow me to formally pose the request: I would like to have you in our group. Would you be willing to join us again?"
>Turn to Utsuho.
>"And Utsuho, if Satori would allow it, I would like to make the same request of you. I have no doubt that we're going to need firepower, and you have plenty of that. You also have memories of another world that are clearer than those the rest of us have-and the same is true for you, Koishi. I realize that the world we're trying to go to won't be the same as Gensokyo Isle, but experience in a different world would still be valuable. And Satori, know that shouId you allow this, I will personally see to Utsuho's safety."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on August 31, 2011, 04:49:13 AM
>Shiki: "Very well, then. We will leave you. We're going to be meeting at the mansion again tomorrow morning; we may have a way to reach the other world. And I have come to believe there's a good likelihood that this will benefit us against the voice. The voice may even be from the other world, although I'm not sure. I do know that the voice wants the overlay stopped, and that it has said that it will meet with us if we can stop it. Before I decide on a course of action, I'm going to investigate further, but regardless of the decision made, this is a step in the right direction."
>"Anyways, Koishi, I understand that you may still feel animosity towards me, and I truly do regret the actions that it stems from. I understand if you don't want to rejoin us, but I would like to request that you do-and don't worry about Reimu; she's agreed to set aside the issue of the previous incident for now. Whether you close your third eye again or keep it open, I think your talents would be most useful, and in addition, I would be there to assist you should the voice try anything further against you. And... well, personal relationships are valuable, and I do not want to part ways with someone who could become a friend. I realize I have taken actions that sabotaged that relationship, but I wish to make up for them and repair the damage that has been done. If you want time to think about it, then take that time, although do be aware that we may very well travel to the other world tomorrow. Anyways, allow me to formally pose the request: I would like to have you in our group. Would you be willing to join us again?"
>"I'll think about it."


>Turn to Utsuho.
>"And Utsuho, if Satori would allow it, I would like to make the same request of you. I have no doubt that we're going to need firepower, and you have plenty of that. You also have memories of another world that are clearer than those the rest of us have-and the same is true for you, Koishi. I realize that the world we're trying to go to won't be the same as Gensokyo Isle, but experience in a different world would still be valuable. And Satori, know that should you allow this, I will personally see to Utsuho's safety."
>Satori says "Very well." With that, she and Koishi fly up and head westwards.
>Utsuho says "Okay, but just how does experience in one world help deal with another?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on August 31, 2011, 04:51:53 AM
>Hurricane Heroine: ... she... wants Koishi to just forgive her for all this? Oh wow.
>Try not to laugh.

>Armpits: How tired are we?

>Madame Molehills: Arrive. Survey the scene.

>Idimus: Yuyuko acts clueless, but she's actually very perceptive. She wouldn't act stupid unless it was... part of a prank?
>No, that doesn't make sense at all... there's no way she'd be able to get Koishi in on it like that, would she?
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on August 31, 2011, 04:56:37 AM
>Hurricane Heroine: ... she... wants Koishi to just forgive her for all this? Oh wow.
>Try not to laugh.
>What is this you don't even...you snigger. Nobody notices.

>Armpits: How tired are we?
>You're somewhat tired, like at the end of a normal day, but not ridiculously tired.

>Madame Molehills: Arrive. Survey the scene.
>NIck "Madame Molehills" not recognized. Please try again.

>Idimus: Yuyuko acts clueless, but she's actually very perceptive. She wouldn't act stupid unless it was... part of a prank?
>She can be perceptive, but the name of the overlay is something relatively unimportant and can be glossed over.
>No, that doesn't make sense at all... there's no way she'd be able to get Koishi in on it like that, would she?
>Something's not right here...
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on August 31, 2011, 05:01:31 AM
>Grand Yuyukans: Arrive.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on August 31, 2011, 05:05:35 AM
>Grand Yuyukans: Arrive.
>You arrive at the scene. You see Utsuho, Orin, and Eiki standing, and Suika sitting next to a tree.
>Orin asks "I'm guessing that I can go now, right?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on August 31, 2011, 05:07:36 AM
>Yuyukay Range: "Where did Koishi go? Is she alright?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on August 31, 2011, 05:11:59 AM
>Yuyukay Range: "Where did Koishi go? Is she alright?"
>Utsuho replies "Yeah, she's fine. She wanted to sort her thoughts out with Satori."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on August 31, 2011, 05:27:01 AM
>Shiki:"You can go, Orin. You, too, Utsuho. We're all going home for the night. We'll meet back here tomorrow morning."
>"Yukari, I do desire to respect their privacy, but please try to at least remain aware of Koishi's location."
>"Very well, then. Let's split up for the night. I shall see you again tomorrow."
>If there are no objections, depart and head back to Higan.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on August 31, 2011, 05:38:20 AM
>Gravitational Gimlet: Chuckle. "Guessin' I should let Reimu know too, right?"

>Yuyukan Ghats: Bite lip. Going back to Hakugyokurou... would Youmu be there?
>"... Yukari, I... I think I may prefer to spend the night at your place, if you don't think Youmu will visit Hakugyokurou tonight..."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on August 31, 2011, 05:58:31 AM
>Shiki: "Yes, Suika, please do so. And Yuyuko, spend the night wherever you please. I'm sure Yukari won't mind having you stay with her."
>Depart for Higan.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on August 31, 2011, 08:07:49 AM
>20th Century Loli: "Right, right."
>Head back to the mansion. Chuckle at how it all went.

>Tropidophiidae Tyrant: When Suika arrives, ask if Eiki ever explained how she managed to arrange this...

(This may be edited into more detail later~)


(http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/8491/reimupatchconsprite.png)
>Raise an eyebrow at Suika's return. "... so what happened?"
(http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/7633/suikapatchconsprite.png)
>Shrug. "Herded Koishi where she needed to be, crackly electrical stuff when that eye opened, Yama made some speech, 'parrently she took somethin' to heart at least."
>Chuckle. "'Tho man, going through all that was kinda silly."
(http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/8491/reimupatchconsprite.png)
>"... electrical stuff? Did grass-head ever explain how she did that?"
(http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/7633/suikapatchconsprite.png)
>Blink. "Uh... not really, no. Think there was somethin' about... gettin' help from her worst enemy?"
(http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/8491/reimupatchconsprite.png)
>... and at the moment, her worst enemy would be that voice, wouldn't it...
>Nod slowly. "... and where is she now?"
(http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/7633/suikapatchconsprite.png)
>"Uh... dunno. Said she wanted to split up 'n crash for the night, meet here in the mornin'."
(http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/8491/reimupatchconsprite.png)
>"Uh-huh..."
>Head out hastily. If we spot the Yama, pursue. Otherwise, search nearby for a minute or two before heading home and making sure Fantasy Heaven, at least, is handy for tomorrow...

-----

>Yupirin: Bid the Yama, Suika, and undergrounders farewell.
>If Yukari thinks it would be the better idea, head to her place for the night.
>Administer friend-ly hugs and comfort. And tribadism.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on August 31, 2011, 11:11:34 PM
>Shiki:"You can go, Orin. You, too, Utsuho. We're all going home for the night. We'll meet back here tomorrow morning."
>Utsuho says "Huh, okay. See you."
>Orin and Utsuho depart southwestwards to the underground entrance.
>"Yukari, I do desire to respect their privacy, but please try to at least remain aware of Koishi's location."
>"Since she isn't trying to actively avoid us now, that should be easier."
>"Very well, then. Let's split up for the night. I shall see you again tomorrow."

>Gravitational Gimlet: Chuckle. "Guessin' I should let Reimu know too, right?"
>Shiki: "Yes, Suika, please do so. And Yuyuko, spend the night wherever you please. I'm sure Yukari won't mind having you stay with her."
>Depart for Higan.
>You depart back to Higan.
>Reimu, Suika, and Yuyuko leave the party.
>You are now at one of the shores of the Sanzu River. There is a crowd of spirits here, and they're opaque enough so that you don't see Komachi through the crowd.

>20th Century Loli: "Right, right."
>Head back to the mansion. Chuckle at how it all went.
>You chuckle at how strange that situation was.

(http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/8491/reimupatchconsprite.png)
>Raise an eyebrow at Suika's return. "... so what happened?"
(http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/7633/suikapatchconsprite.png)
>Shrug. "Herded Koishi where she needed to be, crackly electrical stuff when that eye opened, Yama made some speech, 'parrently she took somethin' to heart at least."
>Chuckle. "'Tho man, going through all that was kinda silly."
(http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/8491/reimupatchconsprite.png)
>"... electrical stuff? Did grass-head ever explain how she did that?"
(http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/7633/suikapatchconsprite.png)
>Blink. "Uh... not really, no. Think there was somethin' about... gettin' help from her worst enemy?"
(http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/8491/reimupatchconsprite.png)
>... and at the moment, her worst enemy would be that voice, wouldn't it...
>Nod slowly. "... and where is she now?"
(http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/7633/suikapatchconsprite.png)
>"Uh... dunno. Said she wanted to split up 'n crash for the night, meet here in the mornin'."
(http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/8491/reimupatchconsprite.png)
>"Uh-huh..."
>Head out hastily. If we spot the Yama, pursue. Otherwise, search nearby for a minute or two before heading home and making sure Fantasy Heaven, at least, is handy for tomorrow...
>You both head out quickly, but you don't see the Yama. You look around for a few minutes before making sure the Yama isn't around. You both head back to the Hakurei Shrine, where, as Reimu, you pocket Fantasy Heaven for tomorrow...

>Yuyukan Ghats: Bite lip. Going back to Hakugyokurou... would Youmu be there?
>You doubt it.
>"... Yukari, I... I think I may prefer to spend the night at your place, if you don't think Youmu will visit Hakugyokurou tonight..."
>"Of course."
>Yupirin: Bid the Yama, Suika, and undergrounders farewell.
>You bid everybody else farewell, even though they have all already left.
>If Yukari thinks it would be the better idea, head to her place for the night.
>You head over to Yukari's house for the night. You enter the house and enter Yukari's room.
>"Hello, Yuyuko. Administering all those gaps certainly was hard work."
>Administer friend-ly hugs and comfort. And tribadism.
>You hug Yukari and then do a sexual act which the Phyrexian parsing engine will not let me describe.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on August 31, 2011, 11:25:57 PM
>Defiant Dechampisa: This must be the backlog due to our troubles... that's not good.
>Call out, "Komachi?"

>Boo Boulders: "Today's been tough on both of us, hasn't it? That voice is being a real problem... but its odds are rather poor with all of Gensokyo after its head, aren't they?"
>Pause. Been tough on us... like with Youmu...
>"... is Ran alright?"

>Rodentius: Watch for how long Purvis hesitates for any overnight timejump in-game. If he doesn't suddenly stop for several hours, mentally recap events since the encounter with Yuyuko.
>Keep an eye on that white gap in the meantime.
>If calling for strategy sessions is somewhat common and Purvis doesn't stop to give time to visit the library safely, ask for one to see if others are still interested in that gap/voice issue and whether a slow to the game for a while to investigate a little can be negotiated.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on September 01, 2011, 01:27:45 AM
>Defiant Dechampisa: This must be the backlog due to our troubles... that's not good.
>Call out, "Komachi?"
>You hear Komachi say over the crowd "Eiki, you're back already?"

>Boo Boulders: "Today's been tough on both of us, hasn't it? That voice is being a real problem... but its odds are rather poor with all of Gensokyo after its head, aren't they?"
>Pause. Been tough on us... like with Youmu...
>"... is Ran alright?"
>Reimu, Suika, and Yuyuko leave the party.
>Yeah, it's weird that I'm letting you control your Ijiyatsu self at all.

>Rodentius: Watch for how long Purvis hesitates for any overnight timejump in-game. If he doesn't suddenly stop for several hours, mentally recap events since the encounter with Yuyuko.
>You know Purvis is parsing Maribel Quest and not Eiki Quest, right? There is no overnight time-jump, since Maribel is still active.

>Keep an eye on that white gap in the meantime.
>You look at that white gap closely. Nothing has changed about it.

>If calling for strategy sessions is somewhat common and Purvis doesn't stop to give time to visit the library safely, ask for one to see if others are still interested in that gap/voice issue and whether a slow to the game for a while to investigate a little can be negotiated.
>Calling for strategy sessions is uncommon, neither rare nor common. You call one and ask others if they want to pursue this issue further.
>Kilga says "That isn't very high on Maribel's priority list, but she can look around if there's nothing else to do."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on September 01, 2011, 01:41:06 AM
>Shiki: "Just for the night. I'll be heading out again tomorrow. A lot happened today, and tomorrow may well be the same."
>Summarize the day's events.
>"Komachi, I would like for you to accompany me tomorrow. We're up against a dangerous enemy with unknown capabilities, and I want to be ready for anything we might have to deal with. There are many ways in which your ability could prove useful-if you'd been along today, we might have been able to catch that glass platform Yuyuko saw-and if there's a fight, I want as much help as I can get."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on September 01, 2011, 01:51:46 AM
>Shiki: "Just for the night. I'll be heading out again tomorrow. A lot happened today, and tomorrow may well be the same."
>Summarize the day's events.
>You summarize the day's events, with Komachi making stranger and stranger faces until the end of the summary, where she says "...What."

>"Komachi, I would like for you to accompany me tomorrow. We're up against a dangerous enemy with unknown capabilities, and I want to be ready for anything we might have to deal with. There are many ways in which your ability could prove useful-if you'd been along today, we might have been able to catch that glass platform Yuyuko saw-and if there's a fight, I want as much help as I can get."
>"Okay, boss! This is very weird, though."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on September 01, 2011, 02:01:27 AM
>Sigh.
>"Tell me about it."
>"We'll head over to the Scarlet Devil Mansion tomorrow morning. For now, though, I need some rest."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on September 01, 2011, 02:03:50 AM
>Sigh.
>"Tell me about it."
>"Is it just me or is your language getting more informal?"

>"We'll head over to the Scarlet Devil Mansion tomorrow morning. For now, though, I need some rest."
>"Good night, boss! Although it's a bit early to go to sleep..."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on September 01, 2011, 02:14:58 AM
>"Not after the kind of day I've had. And you can blame the company I've kept today for my less-than-formal language."
>Do we have need of food? If so, go eat, then go to bed. If not, just go directly to bed.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on September 01, 2011, 02:18:50 AM
>"Not after the kind of day I've had. And you can blame the company I've kept today for my less-than-formal language."
>"Heh, that's understandable."

>Do we have need of food? If so, go eat, then go to bed. If not, just go directly to bed.
>You don't need food, so you go directly over the crowd of spirits. Komachi waves.
>You head across the river, across Higan, and into your home. You then go directly to bed. It doesn't take very long for you to sleep.
>Saving game...

INTERMISSION

>You may now ask questions about the game and what happened so far. You may also request BGM for scenes. Enter "Continue Quest" to continue the quest.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on September 01, 2011, 02:42:02 AM
>So how far off the rails are we?

>Rodentius: Of course Mary is still active. That's why we need to watch for when/if there IS a timejump to watch for temporal desync and take advantage of it. Assuming that voice thing doesn't get solved overnight, at least...
>"I didn't mean having Mary do anything. I meant stalling the game so that we can look into that overlay stuff on this end. The library might have something, and it's at least worth getting the word out about those white gaps at the very least being viewable by Purvis, if not a Gensokyo he's actively channeling now."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on September 01, 2011, 02:47:57 AM
Let's just:

>Continue quest.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on September 01, 2011, 04:04:02 AM
>So how far off the rails are we?
>It's hard to tell. During the day I keep thinking of new ideas for this quest and what comes after it. That happens so often that I don't even know what the original rails looked like anymore.

>Rodentius: Of course Mary is still active. That's why we need to watch for when/if there IS a timejump to watch for temporal desync and take advantage of it. Assuming that voice thing doesn't get solved overnight, at least...
>"I didn't mean having Mary do anything. I meant stalling the game so that we can look into that overlay stuff on this end. The library might have something, and it's at least worth getting the word out about those white gaps at the very least being viewable by Purvis, if not a Gensokyo he's actively channeling now."
>Kilga replies "Somebody around here's probably going to announce it or put it in a newspaper."

>Continue quest.
>Continuing quest...
>During a dream, you stand in the void and hear "Well, I think I've hit all of your flaws and mistakes already, so there's not much for me to talk about anymore. You'd better consider those..."
>You wake up.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on September 01, 2011, 04:53:42 AM
>Fatmus: "Before or after we can actually take advantage of this opportunity? I mean - look. You know how Purvis' been able to gloss over long stretches of time in Quests? If that's still the case, we have infinite time to investigate this stuff here if we don't progress time in Maribel Quest. And if Yuyuko's rambling was real, then it could mean two things - that someone's making a solid shot at fucking with Gensokyo as a whole by messing with all of the most powerful players... and that there may be a real chance to set up at least communication with Gensokyo. If not travel, assuming that doesn't lead to some high-stakes power struggle or something. But to know whether that overlay can help and figure out the implications, we need to find out more. And we need time for that. Time that stalling Mary Quest while raiding the library could give us. Am I the only one impulsive and gullible enough to think this might be worthwhile?"

>Dechampisa Demander: Quiet dreams? That's some relief.
>What's our room like, anyway?
>so what were komachi's fetishes of choice tonight
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on September 01, 2011, 05:05:22 AM
>Go find Komachi.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on September 01, 2011, 05:42:26 AM
>Fatmus: "Before or after we can actually take advantage of this opportunity? I mean - look. You know how Purvis' been able to gloss over long stretches of time in Quests? If that's still the case, we have infinite time to investigate this stuff here if we don't progress time in Maribel Quest. And if Yuyuko's rambling was real, then it could mean two things - that someone's making a solid shot at fucking with Gensokyo as a whole by messing with all of the most powerful players... and that there may be a real chance to set up at least communication with Gensokyo. If not travel, assuming that doesn't lead to some high-stakes power struggle or something. But to know whether that overlay can help and figure out the implications, we need to find out more. And we need time for that. Time that stalling Mary Quest while raiding the library could give us. Am I the only one impulsive and gullible enough to think this might be worthwhile?"
>Draco says "Well..."
>She is interrupted by unusually loud rushing wind and a ground shake.

>Dechampisa Demander: Quiet dreams? That's some relief.
>What's our room like, anyway?
>so what were komachi's fetishes of choice tonight
>Thigh-high boots, but it's morning, not "tonight".

>Go find Komachi.
>You decide to get Komachi, so you cross Higan and the Sanzu. You see Komachi at the edge of the river.
>"Hey, boss. So we're heading over to the mansion now?"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on September 01, 2011, 05:50:19 AM
>Rodentius: "Oh, for--"
>Who is this, and are we on good terms with them?

>Dechampisa Dolomite: "Unless you have any other suggestions, Komachi, it would probably be the best way to start."
>Depart.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on September 01, 2011, 06:03:58 AM
>Rodentius: "Oh, for--"
>Who is this, and are we on good terms with them?
>You don't know!
>A black hole opens up in the sky.

>Dechampisa Dolomite: "Unless you have any other suggestions, Komachi, it would probably be the best way to start."
>"We can't guarantee that everybody is up and at the SDM. Maybe we should check on them first."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on September 01, 2011, 07:23:46 AM
>Ijimus: What, you mean it isn't our local tengualike here arriving for news reporting right on cue?
>This isn't normal, is it? And it doesn't look like a Yukari gap, does it?
>"The hell?!"
>Back off! Prepare for violencing in case this is hostile.

>Definitively Dechampisa: "That is true, but I believe they are aware that we will be trying to meet there. It would be the best place to start, if only to know who has not arrived yet."
>Pause. What do we know of Komachi's abilities, exactly?
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on September 01, 2011, 02:23:27 PM
>Ijimus: What, you mean it isn't our local tengualike here arriving for news reporting right on cue?
>Since when did quakes accompany reporters?

>This isn't normal, is it? And it doesn't look like a Yukari gap, does it?
>Heck no, it's not normal. It's not Yukari, either.

>"The hell?!"
>Back off! Prepare for violencing in case this is hostile.
>You back off and prepare for combat.
>Nothing comes out of the gap, though. Yet. White, wispy energy forms appear out of nowhere and are absorbed into the gap. The gap continues to expand, nearly covering the whole sky.

>Definitively Dechampisa: "That is true, but I believe they are aware that we will be trying to meet there. It would be the best place to start, if only to know who has not arrived yet."
>"Okay!"
>Pause. What do we know of Komachi's abilities, exactly?
>You know that she can manipulate distance.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on September 01, 2011, 02:57:44 PM
>Shiki: "Let's go, then."
>Head for the mansion.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on September 02, 2011, 02:59:13 AM
>Blatant Self Insert: When dramatic irony/contrivance is provoked by someone mentioning someone that would be nice to have around, of course.
>We've had no experience with things similar to this regularly, right?
>Have we heard about events preceding those earth elemental attacks? Does this look like one of those?
>Assuming that we can't rule out that this is an indication of an earth elemental attack, "Purvis, you may want to start moving if you don't wanna get rockmonstered."
>Spellcards, or local equivalent?
>What was Mary's last action?

>Doomingly Dechampisa: Enjoy the sights. Especially Komachi's.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on September 02, 2011, 03:33:18 AM
>Shiki: "Let's go, then."
>"Okey-dokey, boss."
>Doomingly Dechampisa: Enjoy the sights. Especially Komachi's.
>Head for the mansion.
>You fly over to the mansion. While flying over, you look around. The Road of Liminality is as active as ever, although you worry about the spirits in it. You don't see anything else interesting.
>When you get there, you see Reimu and Meiling standing around and Suika sleeping on the ground.
>"Oh, hi, Shikieiki. No one else is here yet, and I believe you owe me an explanation..."
>Reimu joins the party.

>Blatant Self Insert: When dramatic irony/contrivance is provoked by someone mentioning someone that would be nice to have around, of course.
>Unfortunately, invoking somebody's name doesn't always make them appear.
>We've had no experience with things similar to this regularly, right?
>No.
>Have we heard about events preceding those earth elemental attacks? Does this look like one of those?
>The earth shaking? Yeah. A giant hole in the sky? Heck no.
>Assuming that we can't rule out that this is an indication of an earth elemental attack, "Purvis, you may want to start moving if you don't wanna get rockmonstered."
>"Definitely."
>He gets out of the can and runs like hell northwards.
>Spellcards, or local equivalent?
>You have none. You're pretty average for an Ijiyatsu citizen, which is flying ability, danmaku, and no spellcards.
>What was Mary's last action?
>Say goodbye to Yuyuko and continue heading to the fairies. The rest after that was discussion.

>The hole in the sky now covers the whole sky as you see it. It is completely dark during these few moments.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on September 02, 2011, 04:07:21 AM
>Shiki: "You're right, Reimu, and while we wait for the others to arrive, I'll give it to you."
>"You already know that the voice wanted Koishi to forgive Utsuho. I also wanted this, although I have no doubt that out reasons differed. When it became clear that we couldn't convince Koishi to do so, I decided that the best course of action was to... well, provoke an emotional response from her, then leave her alone with her feelings. Left by herself, she would eventually have no choice but to confront herself, ideally leading to a realization of her wrongs and a decision to right them. I... didn't do this very well. I think recent events have been getting to me more than I realized, and that came out at Koishi. I even physically struck her. What I said and did was wrong."
>"Anyways, I intended to leave Koishi to figure things out for herself, but as you know, the voice had a different idea. Apparently it was not willing to wait, so it decided to open Koishi's third eye. I don't know what it was planning in that regard, but I decided that rather than leave Koishi to the voice, I would intervene. That's why we brought in Satori and the others; I wanted to proove to her that she had people who cared about her. The problem, of course, was finding Koishi. Her invisibility trick made doing so difficult, and... I want to stress that I exhausted every other option first, but when it was clear that nothing else would work, I convinced the voice to cooperate. It is what made Koishi visible to us, and instead of opening her eye on its own time, it did so when I told it to."
>"Rest assured, Reimu, that I have no intention of giving in to the voice. I cooperated with it in regards to Koishi, yes, but only because I had no other choice and I most certainly did not want to just leave her to the voice's machinations on her own. I don't know what it really wants, but I intend to stop it."
>"All that being said, I will understand completely if you decide to part ways with me now. I welcome you aid should you be willing to give it, but as always, it is your choice."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on September 02, 2011, 09:10:11 PM
>Reimu Hakurei: Stare in disbelief for several seconds. Work jaw in futility.
>Bring face and palm to harmony. Chuckle sadly. She really just said that she gave in right after saying she wouldn't...
>"You've got no idea how far you've gone, do you?"
>No holding back. Time to beat this damn thing out of the Yama!
>Infinite violence. Don't be shy about the overstock of spellcards prepared for the day.

---

>The Signee: Given that there's no sign of anything to actually fight... flee! In the direction of the Library, preferably.
>Where'd the others go?
>Briefly wonder what's going to happen with Mary in the meantime...
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on September 02, 2011, 10:59:20 PM
>Shiki: "You're right, Reimu, and while we wait for the others to arrive, I'll give it to you."
>"You already know that the voice wanted Koishi to forgive Utsuho. I also wanted this, although I have no doubt that out reasons differed. When it became clear that we couldn't convince Koishi to do so, I decided that the best course of action was to... well, provoke an emotional response from her, then leave her alone with her feelings. Left by herself, she would eventually have no choice but to confront herself, ideally leading to a realization of her wrongs and a decision to right them. I... didn't do this very well. I think recent events have been getting to me more than I realized, and that came out at Koishi. I even physically struck her. What I said and did was wrong."
>"Anyways, I intended to leave Koishi to figure things out for herself, but as you know, the voice had a different idea. Apparently it was not willing to wait, so it decided to open Koishi's third eye. I don't know what it was planning in that regard, but I decided that rather than leave Koishi to the voice, I would intervene. That's why we brought in Satori and the others; I wanted to proove to her that she had people who cared about her. The problem, of course, was finding Koishi. Her invisibility trick made doing so difficult, and... I want to stress that I exhausted every other option first, but when it was clear that nothing else would work, I convinced the voice to cooperate. It is what made Koishi visible to us, and instead of opening her eye on its own time, it did so when I told it to."
>"Rest assured, Reimu, that I have no intention of giving in to the voice. I cooperated with it in regards to Koishi, yes, but only because I had no other choice and I most certainly did not want to just leave her to the voice's machinations on her own. I don't know what it really wants, but I intend to stop it."
>"All that being said, I will understand completely if you decide to part ways with me now. I welcome you aid should you be willing to give it, but as always, it is your choice."
>Reimu Hakurei: Stare in disbelief for several seconds. Work jaw in futility.
>Bring face and palm to harmony. Chuckle sadly. She really just said that she gave in right after saying she wouldn't...
>"You've got no idea how far you've gone, do you?"
>No holding back. Time to beat this damn thing out of the Yama!
>Infinite violence. Don't be shy about the overstock of spellcards prepared for the day.
>Shit. You start to unleash hell upon the Yama. Which spellcard will you use?
>As Eiki, how will you react?

>The Signee: Given that there's no sign of anything to actually fight... flee! In the direction of the Library, preferably.
>You run like hell northwards in the direction of the library.
>Where'd the others go?
>They have scattered.
>Briefly wonder what's going to happen with Mary in the meantime...
>You hope Maribel will be okay in the meantime...
>There is a bright flash.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on September 02, 2011, 11:16:18 PM
>Shiki: "Komachi, give us some breathing room!"
>Komachi: "Got it, boss."
>Manipulate distance such that it takes Reimu's shots a very long time to reach us.
>Shiki: "I do not want to fight you, Reimu. If you no longer want to assist me, then you may go on your own way, but please to not force me to fight."
>Whisper to Komachi: "When I charge, drop this effect and give me some extra distance between her shots so I can pass through. And if you can do it without running me into any shots, shorten the distance between me and Reimu. I'm going to hit her at point-blank range."
>Spellcards
>Komachi: Spellcards
>Shiki/Komachi: If Reimu shows no signs of even being willing to talk a little, enact the plan.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on September 02, 2011, 11:55:19 PM
>Armpits: Declare Spirit Sign "Fantasy Seal -Concentrate-", fling a bunch of amulets for cover fire and approach.
>"Even if helpin' you means beating that damn thing out of your head until you stop acting like you've completely lost it?"
>If Komachi is interfering, teleport-kick her in the back. "You stay outta this! She was acting like some stupid kid half of yesterday and everything she's been doing is just making it worse!"
>Wait, is her getting in the way here a spellcard rules violation? We challenged Eiki, not both of them!

-----

>Rodentius: Did that flash come from any direction in particular?
>If we can do so without slowing down significantly, glance over at its origin, or at least up at the gaping hole in the sky.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on September 03, 2011, 12:07:47 AM
>Wait, is her getting in the way here a spellcard rules violation? We challenged Eiki, not both of them!

>Not an official match. Reimu attacked without warning; there was no challenge made or accepted.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on September 03, 2011, 04:31:36 PM
>Shiki: "Komachi, give us some breathing room!"
>Komachi: "Got it, boss."
>Forgot to add this:
>Komachi has joined the party.
>Manipulate distance such that it takes Reimu's shots a very long time to reach us.
>You distance danmaku distance between Eiki and Reimu.
>Shiki: "I do not want to fight you, Reimu. If you no longer want to assist me, then you may go on your own way, but please to not force me to fight."
>Whisper to Komachi: "When I charge, drop this effect and give me some extra distance between her shots so I can pass through. And if you can do it without running me into any shots, shorten the distance between me and Reimu. I'm going to hit her at point-blank range."
>"Okay, boss."

>Spellcards
>Lie 「Tongue of Wolf」 (http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Shoot_the_Bullet/Gameplay/Strategy/Level_10#Spell_Card_71)
>Judgement「Bar of the Ten Kings」 (http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Shoot_the_Bullet/Gameplay/Strategy/Level_10#Spell_Card_73)
>Judgement「Guilty or Not Guilty」 (http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Shoot_the_Bullet/Gameplay/Strategy/Level_10#Spell_Card_75)
>Judgement「Cleansed Crystal Mirror -opponent's name-」 (http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Shoot_the_Bullet/Gameplay/Strategy/Level_10#Spell_Card_77)

>Komachi: Spellcards
>Death Song「Ferriage in the Deep Fog」 (http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Shoot_the_Bullet/Gameplay/Strategy/Level_10#Spell_Card_72)
>Old Rain「Rain in the Afterworld Journey」 (http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Shoot_the_Bullet/Gameplay/Strategy/Level_10#Spell_Card_74)
>Death Price 「Price of Life」 (http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Shoot_the_Bullet/Gameplay/Strategy/Level_10#Spell_Card_76)
>Funeral Sign 「Canyon Bay Cruise」 (http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Concealed_the_Conclusion/Spell_Cards/Stage_3C#Spell_Card_146)
>「Hell World Touring」 (http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Concealed_the_Conclusion:_Last_Word_Spell_Cards#Spell_Card_375)

>Shiki/Komachi: If Reimu shows no signs of even being willing to talk a little, enact the plan.
>Reimu doesn't seem to want to discuss this without danmaku, so you enact the plan.
>As Eiki, you charge. Komachi reduces the distance between you and Reimu, and you don't get hit by Reimu's danmaku.

>Armpits: Declare Spirit Sign "Fantasy Seal -Concentrate-", fling a bunch of amulets for cover fire and approach.
>You declare Spirit Sign 「Fantasy Seal -Concentrate-」, summoning eight ying-yang orbs to shoot amulets.

 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1s0nYs98HE)
>"Even if helpin' you means beating that damn thing out of your head until you stop acting like you've completely lost it?"
>You manage to get out "Even if helpin' you means beating that-" before you get headbutted by Shikieiki.

>If Komachi is interfering, teleport-kick her in the back. "You stay outta this! She was acting like some stupid kid half of yesterday and everything she's been doing is just making it worse!"
>Komachi doesn't look like she's interfering, just watching.

>Wait, is her getting in the way here a spellcard rules violation? We challenged Eiki, not both of them!
>Not an official match. Reimu attacked without warning; there was no challenge made or accepted.
>You presume this isn't a spellcard rule violation.

>Rodentius: Did that flash come from any direction in particular?
>Not that you know of.

>If we can do so without slowing down significantly, glance over at its origin, or at least up at the gaping hole in the sky.
>You don't know where the flash came from. The hole in the sky is gone. And more importantly...buildings, terrain, and people that you haven't seen around here before have suddenly appeared.
>What is your gender, your physical characteristics, and your clothing?
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on September 04, 2011, 01:41:44 AM
>Shiki: Use 'Guilty or Not Guilty'.
>Komachi: Use distance hax to get to Reimu quickly as she hits the ground.
>Hold our scythe to Reimu's throat.
>"The boss said she doesn't want to fight."
>Shiki: "Komachi, do not injure her."
>Komachi: Keep the scythe held in place.
>"Okay, but if she tries something, I'm fighting back."
>Shiki: "Reimu, Komachi is correct. I do not want to fight you. Please do not force me to do so."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on September 04, 2011, 03:23:26 AM
Please hold: Post delayed due to visitors.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on September 04, 2011, 05:24:12 AM
>Border Shrine Maiden: Roll eyes. Barrier the scythe to keep it from being able to reach us, just to be safe.
>Teleport clear. Repeat at varying distances as necessary to keep out of their grip while voicing a pointed reminder.
>"You know why I set up those rules, right? Because stupid shit like this starts happening when people don't play by the rules, and I only have so much patience for people ignoring them. Since when is a Yama supposed to be asking people to break the rules on a whim, Eiki?"
>Give Komachi a fierce look. "Back off, ferrygirl. Rules are on by default and if she's gonna keep acting like nothin' but her matters, then you don't need to be part of the fallout."

>Titanics: Frown a bit. That's a harsh look...
>... HAS the Yama been acting a little weird since last night?

-----

>Rodentius: Oh. That's different.
>Teleportation isn't normal or a part of standard experiences, is it.
>Oh god are-nonononono it's not Gensokyo it's not Gensokyo
>Head in for a quick and quiet landing, especially if no one nearby is flying. Need to lay low and figure out what's going on.
>Evaluate how well a modest female figure (call 'em Bs) with a simple grey skirt and a small yellow arrow ribbon for the ahoge would blend in.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on September 04, 2011, 03:17:21 PM
>Shiki: "You attacked without warning, Reimu. You did not challenge me or even state an intent to attack; you simply attacked, and Komachi and I struck back only in defense. I would like her to put her weapon away, though." Stare at Komachi.
>Komachi: "...Fine."
>Do so.
>Shiki: "Thank you."
>"Reimu, you are not my enemy. That voice is, and the fact that I worked with it once does not change that."
>"I said and did things that I should not have, Reimu. That much is true. And one of the reasons I would like you to continue to assist me is so that you can point it out if I start doing it again."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on September 04, 2011, 09:36:02 PM
>Reimu: Barking laugh: "Ha! Feels like friggin' half the time I don't get any warning, either! Hell, NEVER with fairies! And I don't see any reason to stop when you haven't been doing anything against that voice ever since!"
>Serious again. "So I'm just gonna cut this off before it becomes a problem again."
>Eye Komachi for a moment, then start press the offense.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on September 05, 2011, 01:41:40 AM
>Shiki: "Only because we all went home for the night. As soon as everyone's here, we'll be taking our next step."
>Stop any evasive action. If we're flying, land.
>"I let myself get drawn into a battle with you, Reimu, but I'm putting an end to that right now. I am not going to fight you, and neither is Komachi."
>Komachi: "Wait, what?"
>Shiki: "That's an order, Komachi."
>"Reimu, if you're intent on harming me, then do so. But know that you will be attacking someone who doesn't simply desire not to fight, but who will refuse to fight back or even evade. A battle between us would only do harm, so I will not participate in one. What action you take is up to you."
>If Reimu does indeed attack, just stand there and take it.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on September 05, 2011, 03:32:08 AM
>Shiki: Use 'Guilty or Not Guilty'.
>You use Judgement 「Guilty or Not Guilty」, firing lasers at Reimu.
>Komachi: Use distance hax to get to Reimu quickly as she hits the ground.
>You use your abilities to approach Reimu quickly, and get to her right when she hits the ground.
>Hold our scythe to Reimu's throat.
>You attempt to hold your scythe to Reimu's throat. That's a rather morally ambiguous thing for you to do. However...
>Border Shrine Maiden: Roll eyes. Barrier the scythe to keep it from being able to reach us, just to be safe.
>...you stop the scythe from reaching you.
>Teleport clear. Repeat at varying distances as necessary to keep out of their grip while voicing a pointed reminder.
>Wait, can you teleport?
>"The boss said she doesn't want to fight."
>Shiki: "Komachi, do not injure her."
>Komachi: Keep the scythe held in place.
>"Okay, but if she tries something, I'm fighting back."
>Shiki: "Reimu, Komachi is correct. I do not want to fight you. Please do not force me to do so."
>"You know why I set up those rules, right? Because stupid shit like this starts happening when people don't play by the rules, and I only have so much patience for people ignoring them. Since when is a Yama supposed to be asking people to break the rules on a whim, Eiki?"
>Give Komachi a fierce look. "Back off, ferrygirl. Rules are on by default and if she's gonna keep acting like nothin' but her matters, then you don't need to be part of the fallout."
>Titanics: Frown a bit. That's a harsh look...
>... HAS the Yama been acting a little weird since last night?
>You can't tell from the short dialogue you shared before she went to sleep.
>Shiki: "You attacked without warning, Reimu. You did not challenge me or even state an intent to attack; you simply attacked, and Komachi and I struck back only in defense. I would like her to put her weapon away, though." Stare at Komachi.
>Komachi: "...Fine."
>Do so.
>You put away the scythe. Somewhere. I can't tell where you put it.
>Shiki: "Thank you."
>"Reimu, you are not my enemy. That voice is, and the fact that I worked with it once does not change that."
>"I said and did things that I should not have, Reimu. That much is true. And one of the reasons I would like you to continue to assist me is so that you can point it out if I start doing it again."
>Reimu: Barking laugh: "Ha! Feels like friggin' half the time I don't get any warning, either! Hell, NEVER with fairies! And I don't see any reason to stop when you haven't been doing anything against that voice ever since!"
>Serious again. "So I'm just gonna cut this off before it becomes a problem again."
>Eye Komachi for a moment, then start press the offense.
>You look at Komachi for a moment, then assault the Yama with danmaku.
>Shiki: "Only because we all went home for the night. As soon as everyone's here, we'll be taking our next step."
>Stop any evasive action. If we're flying, land.
>You stop Judgement 「Guilty or Not Guilty」 and resolve not to dodge.
>"I let myself get drawn into a battle with you, Reimu, but I'm putting an end to that right now. I am not going to fight you, and neither is Komachi."
>Komachi: "Wait, what?"
>Shiki: "That's an order, Komachi."
>"Reimu, if you're intent on harming me, then do so. But know that you will be attacking someone who doesn't simply desire not to fight, but who will refuse to fight back or even evade. A battle between us would only do harm, so I will not participate in one. What action you take is up to you."
>If Reimu does indeed attack, just stand there and take it.
>Reimu does attack, but you take the danmaku like a woman.

>Rodentius: Oh. That's different.
>Teleportation isn't normal or a part of standard experiences, is it.
>It is not.
>Oh god are-nonononono it's not Gensokyo it's not Gensokyo
>You seriously hope this isn't Gensokyo...
>Head in for a quick and quiet landing, especially if no one nearby is flying. Need to lay low and figure out what's going on.
>You land quickly and quietly, and resolve to find what's going on.
>Evaluate how well a modest female figure (call 'em Bs) with a simple grey skirt and a small yellow arrow ribbon for the ahoge would blend in.
>Considering Gensokyo, rather well.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on September 05, 2011, 03:51:31 AM
>Gecko Gangster: "I'm not falling for any guilt trips while you're being manipulated!"
>Engage in any and all necessary yin-yang clobbering to render the Yama unconscious. If successful, use the opportunity to barrier-seal her for the time being so she doesn't try to escape until we get a better idea of how well that worked in fucking up that voice in her head.

>Fatmus: Actually it's more an issue of trying not to get too enthusiastic about assuming things that have every opportunity to turn out wrong.
>Blend in or find an inconspicuous corner/alley to lurk by and get a better look at the area from. What major landmarks are there, and what do the other people here look like?
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on September 05, 2011, 04:08:50 AM
>Komachi: As soon as Shiki goes down, get in Reimu's way with scythe drawn.
>"I know she told me not to fight you, but you're going too far. You've made your point. Try anything more, and you'll have to deal with me first. But I have a better idea: stop being such a self-rightous, stuck-up little bitch and get it through your head that this isn't about you! She's trying to do the right thing, and no, she's not perfect! Nobody is! So stop expecting her to be, stop being a bitch, and start helping to solve the problem instead of attacking the person it's hurting the most!"
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on September 05, 2011, 08:20:44 PM
>Gecko Gangster: "I'm not falling for any guilt trips while you're being manipulated!"
>Engage in any and all necessary yin-yang clobbering to render the Yama unconscious. If successful, use the opportunity to barrier-seal her for the time being so she doesn't try to escape until we get a better idea of how well that worked in fucking up that voice in her head.
>You engage in making the Yama unconscious so you can stop that fucking voice from messing with her, and stop her from moving with a barrier. You haven't succeeded in knocking her down yet.
>Komachi: As soon as Shiki goes down, get in Reimu's way with scythe drawn.
>"I know she told me not to fight you, but you're going too far. You've made your point. Try anything more, and you'll have to deal with me first. But I have a better idea: stop being such a self-rightous, stuck-up little bitch and get it through your head that this isn't about you! She's trying to do the right thing, and no, she's not perfect! Nobody is! So stop expecting her to be, stop being a bitch, and start helping to solve the problem instead of attacking the person it's hurting the most!"
>Shikieiki hasn't been knocked unconscious yet. Will you go through with this?

>Fatmus: Actually it's more an issue of trying not to get too enthusiastic about assuming things that have every opportunity to turn out wrong.
>Blend in or find an inconspicuous corner/alley to lurk by and get a better look at the area from. What major landmarks are there, and what do the other people here look like?
>You haven't been able to run very far, so you slink back into Purvis's alley and look around. There aren't any major landmarks you recognize around here, either recently appeared or already here, except Purvis's alley. Most of the people around here look like teenage girls wearing men's clothes too large for them, and you see a purple-haired girl with a yellow ribbon and a labcoat and a girl with weird-looking gray hair (Continue Miko Quest for more information). There don't seem to be actual Ijiyatsu inhabitants around here.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on September 06, 2011, 01:20:23 AM
>Komachi: Get between Reimu and Shiki, and pull distance tricks so that we're not hit.
>"I knowI'm not supposed to interfere, but you're going too far, Reimu. You've made your point. Try anything more, and you'll have to deal with me first. But I have a better idea: stop being such a self-rightous, stuck-up little bitch and get it through your head that this isn't about you! She's trying to do the right thing, and no, she's not perfect! Nobody is! So stop expecting her to be, stop being a bitch, and start helping to solve the problem instead of attacking the person it's hurting the most!"
>Shiki: "Komachi, what-"
>Komachi: "Sorry, boss, but shut up. You can chew me out later."
>Reimu: "Why are you standing up for her?"
>Komachi: "Because I believe in her. Sure, we have our dissagreements, but I know her far better than you ever will. Maybe she did mess up, but guess what? Everyone does. And she knows she messed up. And no, I don't have the voice talking to me, but I know this much: despite any temporary cooperation, Shiki will never give in to it. And I know this, too: no matter what happens, she'll have me there to help her through it."
>"So let me repeat myself: back the fuck off."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on September 06, 2011, 03:41:47 AM
>Komachi: Get between Reimu and Shiki, and pull distance tricks so that we're not hit.
>You get between Reimu and Eiki, and distance yourself from the danmaku.

>"I know I'm not supposed to interfere, but you're going too far, Reimu. You've made your point. Try anything more, and you'll have to deal with me first. But I have a better idea: stop being such a self-rightous, stuck-up little bitch and get it through your head that this isn't about you! She's trying to do the right thing, and no, she's not perfect! Nobody is! So stop expecting her to be, stop being a bitch, and start helping to solve the problem instead of attacking the person it's hurting the most!"
>Shiki: "Komachi, what-"
>Komachi: "Sorry, boss, but shut up. You can chew me out later."
>Reimu: "Why are you standing up for her?"
>Komachi: "Because I believe in her. Sure, we have our dissagreements, but I know her far better than you ever will. Maybe she did mess up, but guess what? Everyone does. And she knows she messed up. And no, I don't have the voice talking to me, but I know this much: despite any temporary cooperation, Shiki will never give in to it. And I know this, too: no matter what happens, she'll have me there to help her through it."
>"So let me repeat myself: back the fuck off."
>You attempt to chew out Reimu. As Reimu, what shall your reaction be?
>...You players really need to learn how to play as other characters. We can't always have both you and E-Nazrin around at the same time.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on September 06, 2011, 03:43:01 AM
>Boa Bromide: Dryly - "If you're judging souls black or white, you better be fucking perfect." Shake head. "And even if she wasn't, I'd expect a hell of a lot better from her than the shit she was pulling yesterday. Do you have any idea how fast she went from trying to warn that stupid satori about the voice messing with her to, apparently, chasing her all over Gensokyo and smacking her around until she made nice with the family?"
>Grin. "At least this one might solve the problem directly."
>"But if you're gonna put up a fight 'cause you don't wanna pay attention to the evidence of her getting messed up, then fine. You're on."

>Ijimus: ... overlay. Worlds combining. Well, one thing makes sense now, at least. Though it seems rather selective so far... hopefully the others are okay...
>Stay out of sight and watch for now. No idea if these people are friendly... just try not to get snuck up on...
>On that note, glance behind to get a look at Purvis' alley and see if there's any changes of note before returning to snooping.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on September 06, 2011, 04:43:10 AM
>Komachi: "I'm only going to fight if you make me. Besides, you're missing the point. Shiki knows she's getting 'messed up' right now. And I know it, too. But how the hell is attacking her going to help? You're just making things worse! If you really want to resolve this incident, then stop attacking her and start, oh, I don't know, actually looking for the responsible party!"
>Shiki: Look around. Any sign of any of the others?
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on September 06, 2011, 08:38:12 PM
>Genji Grappler: Critical look. "And when she's being practically possessed, you really expect whatever's responsible for it to just sit down and let her get exorcised?"
>Chuckle. "Assuming beating it out of her doesn't work in the first place..."
>Glare again. "And if you aren't gonna let me seal her up and do what I gotta, then you've got five seconds."
>What's the procedure for exorcising a possessed person?
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on September 07, 2011, 01:09:07 AM
>Komachi: Enough of this shit. She is not going to do that to Shiki!
>Manipulate distance to put us right behind Reimu, then cream her in the head. Not hard enough to actually permanently injure her, but enough to knock her the hell out.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: E-Nazrin on September 07, 2011, 01:37:52 AM
>Crocodile Creeper: Ah, she moved. Prove that we're not stupid by cutting off any attempts at messing with us. Fantasy Rift (http://iamp.mizuumi.net/wiki/Reimu_Hakurei) around her distance fuckery if necessary.
>"If you're going to let love overrule your common sense, then fine!"
>Make with the face-orbing.
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: GuyYouMetOnline on September 07, 2011, 04:02:30 AM
>Shiki: "Stop this, both of you!"
>Reimu/Komachi: stop.
>Shiki: "Reimu, I am not the enemy. And I think you know it. This isn't about the voice at all, is it? It's about you. You're not attacking me because you think it'll help. You're attacking me because you're mad at me. I'm not doing things your way, and I'm not letting you go off attacking everyone by yourself, either. Your personal vendettas are putting all of Gensokyo at risk, Reimu. You're betraying the Hakurei line by pursuing them orver resolving the incident, and if you say that you are trying to resolve this incident by attacking me, then you're lying to yourself. You know very well that I'm not the responsible party, so continuing your current actions is a betrayal of your line, of your duty, and of Genskoyo."
Title: Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
Post by: Blitzer on September 07, 2011, 05:13:10 AM
>Boa Bromide: Dryly - "If you're judging souls black or white, you better be fucking perfect." Shake head. "And even if she wasn't, I'd expect a hell of a lot better from her than the shit she was pulling yesterday. Do you have any idea how fast she went from trying to warn that stupid satori about the voice messing with her to, apparently, chasing her all over Gensokyo and smacking her around until she made nice with the family?"
>Grin. "At least this one might solve the problem directly."
>"But if you're gonna put up a fight 'cause you don't wanna pay attention to the evidence of her getting messed up, then fine. You're on."
>Komachi: "I'm only going to fight if you make me. Besides, you're missing the point. Shiki knows she's getting 'messed up' right now. And I know it, too. But how the hell is attacking her going to help? You're just making things worse! If you really want to resolve this incident, then stop attacking her and start, oh, I don't know, actually looking for the responsible party!"
>Shiki: Look around. Any sign of any of the others?
>Genji Grappler: Critical look. "And when she's being practically possessed, you really expect whatever's responsible for it to just sit down and let her get exorcised?"
>Chuckle. "Assuming beating it out of her doesn't work in the first place..."
>Glare again. "And if you aren't gonna let me seal her up and do what I gotta, then you've got five seconds."
>What's the procedure for exorcising a possessed person?
>To exorcise a person, place seals on the possessed person, put your gohei on the possessed person, and mutter a few words.
>Komachi: Enough of this shit. She is not going to do that to Shiki!
>Manipulate distance to put us right behind Reimu, then cream her in the head. Not hard enough to actually permanently injure her, but enough to knock her the hell out.
>You manipulate distance between you and the space behind Reimu to get there quickly, and attempt to whack her hard.
>As Eiki, you hear "Come to think of it, she could possibly manipulate reality as well as Yukari."
>Crocodile Creeper: Ah, she moved. Prove that we're not stupid by cutting off any attempts at messing with us. Fantasy Rift (http://iamp.mizuumi.net/wiki/Reimu_Hakurei) around her distance fuckery if necessary.
>You notice Komachi trying to attack you from behind, so you dash away.
>"If you're going to let love overrule your common sense, then fine!"
>Make with the face-orbing.
>You then throw an orb at Komachi's face.
>Shiki: "Stop this, both of you!"
>Reimu/Komachi: stop.
>You don't think Reimu listened, as Reimu sends a orb to Komachi's face. She sidesteps it, but the you fire off a speech before Reimu can act:
>Shiki: "Reimu, I am not the enemy. And I think you know it. This isn't about the voice at all, is it? It's about you. You're not attacking me because you think it'll help. You're attacking me because you're mad at me. I'm not doing things your way, and I'm not letting you go off attacking everyone by yourself, either. Your personal vendettas are putting all of Gensokyo at risk, Reimu. You're betraying the Hakurei line by pursuing them orver resolving the incident, and if you say that you are trying to resolve this incident by attacking me, then you're lying to yourself. You know very well that I'm not the responsible party, so continuing your current actions is a betrayal of your line, of your duty, and of Genskoyo."

>Ijimus: ... overlay. Worlds combining. Well, one thing makes sense now, at least. Though it seems rather selective so far... hopefully the others are okay...
>By others, do you mean other worlds or other people?