Maidens of the Kaleidoscope

~Beyond the Border~ => Rumia's Party Games => Topic started by: Tom on January 22, 2020, 06:50:02 AM

Title: Incident Mansion Quest (Open / Join any time!)
Post by: Tom on January 22, 2020, 06:50:02 AM
You are Reimu Hakurei
[attach=1]

> Yes!  The Scarlet Devil Mansion is hosting a festival to celebrate an entire year without an incident!  This is an excellent opportunity to gather Faith and show Gensokyo how hard you're working, and since the SDM is organizing the event you can actually enjoy yourself instead of worrying about cleaning once its over.

> Surprised with their willingness to host an event you offered to help in any way you can, and were assigned to distribute some of the invitations.

> The specific invitation they gave you was for Keiki (Haniyasushin) whom you just met last year during the beast spirit incident.
> Unfortunately you haven't got the faintest idea as to Keiki's whereabouts.

> Reimu Hakurei - Wonderful Shrine Maiden of Paradise

> Abilities:
>> Hakurei Maiden - As the Hakurei Barrier Maiden your existence is deeply interlinked with the Hakurei Barrier to the point where anything that affects you affects the barrier and vice versa.  Due to your nature you can create and manipulate barriers and boundaries with ease, which normally takes years of practice and study.
>> Hakurei Priestess - As the Hakurei Priestess your abilities and talents rely on Faith and Spiritual Energy instead of Magical Energy.
>> Invoke - You can invoke the gods into your body somewhat successfully even though you've been neglecting your training
>> Flight - You don't know the limits of this ability, but it extends far beyond the physical flight all residents of Gensokyo learn.  You should really spend more time with Yukari exploring your potential.
>> Intuition - Seemingly incredible luck as when faced with a choice you seemingly always end up making the right decision
>> Extermination - With the combined use of all your abilities you can permanently exterminate any enemy

> Inventory
>> *Yin Yang Orbs - A treasure of the Hakurei Family, can exterminate any supernatural being on mere contact so you use a safe danmaku variant instead
>> *Hakurei Gohei - A treasure of the Hakurei Family, not as lethal as the Yin Yang Orbs but still very potent when charged with your spiritual energy
>> *Spell Card Rules - A magical grimoire containing all the details of the spell card rules which only you can edit.  Needless to say anything you've written here is law.
>> Broom - Marisa occasionally forgets them here and you certainly put them to good use
>> Invitation - An elegant miniature golden replica of the Scarlet Devil Mansion on a wooden base.  They're quite heavy for some reason, you don't suppose they're made of real gold?
// '*' items can not be lost

> Quests
>> Find Keiki and deliver Invitation - Its not usually your job to inform people about festivals but it sure beats cooking with Suika! (and cleaning up afterwards)
Title: Re: Incident Mansion Quest
Post by: meow56 on January 22, 2020, 05:18:06 PM
>Opinion of Keiki?
>Who else is coming to the festival?
>Relationship with...
  >the SDM?
  >Yukari?
  >Marisa?
>So when it says the item can't be lost, does that mean that it reappears in our inventory when we lose it?

>Man, what kind of an invitation is a gold statue? Jeez...
>Where are we?
>When was the last time we saw Keiki?
Title: Re: Incident Mansion Quest
Post by: Tom on January 22, 2020, 06:27:24 PM
>Opinion of Keiki?
>Who else is coming to the festival?
>Relationship with...
  >the SDM?
  >Yukari?
  >Marisa?
>So when it says the item can't be lost, does that mean that it reappears in our inventory when we lose it?

>Man, what kind of an invitation is a gold statue? Jeez...
>Where are we?
>When was the last time we saw Keiki?

> Your opinion of Keiki... well you were angry at her for causing the last incident, however you're not the type to hold a grudge as it isn't fitting for a shrine maiden.

> You were only given two invitations, one for Keiki and another you were instructed to leave on the top of your donation box.

> You're on good terms with the Scarlets and are frequently invited over for afternoon tea.  (Which is great since otherwise you'd have to use your own supplies)
> Yukari raised you and is "technically" your employer as she generously rewards you for solving incidents and "secretly" fills your donation box and supplies.  Sure you have disagreements but you know she has good intentions and cares deeply about Gensokyo, after all she helped create it.
> You consider Marisa to be your best friend, along with Alice.  They are sone of the few people you'd trust with solving an incident if something happened to you

> Those items can be summoned at will thanks to your  Hakurei Maiden ability.

> You honestly don't know, a part of you wants to take it to Rinnosuke and sell it but another part of you is telling you that that's wrong.

> You are right outside the Hakurei Shrine sweeping with a broom Marisa forgot

> You have not seen her for several months
Title: Re: Incident Mansion Quest
Post by: meow56 on January 23, 2020, 04:00:00 PM
>When we're not solving incidents, what do we do?
>We've already left the other invitation, right?

>Sigh... it would sell for a lot, but we really shouldn't...
>Besides, if we sold it, the SDM probably wouldn't let us come...

>So we've seen Keiki after the incident concluded, then?
>Where exactly did we see her last?

>Put the broom away, we'll be leaving soon.
>...How many brooms does Marisa have, anyways?
Title: Re: Incident Mansion Quest
Post by: Suwako Moriya on January 23, 2020, 04:09:27 PM
> Do we know how to get back to wherever we first met Keiki?
> If so, did we investigate that location already? Even if she's not there, we might run into her smoking hot piece of a haniwa army commander who might know something.
Title: Re: Incident Mansion Quest
Post by: Tom on January 23, 2020, 05:48:18 PM
>When we're not solving incidents, what do we do?
>We've already left the other invitation, right?

>Sigh... it would sell for a lot, but we really shouldn't...
>Besides, if we sold it, the SDM probably wouldn't let us come...

>So we've seen Keiki after the incident concluded, then?
>Where exactly did we see her last?

>Put the broom away, we'll be leaving soon.
>...How many brooms does Marisa have, anyways?

> You Take it Easy
> Yes, it is sitting on top of the donation box

> You don't know for certain if it's gold, Rinnosuke could tell you though... and make you an offer if it is...
> You saw her once at a village store however that was several months ago

> You lean the broom on the wall behind the entrance door. (It is no longer in your inventory)
> Alice taught Marisa how to make them so infinite ... you guess?

> Do we know how to get back to wherever we first met Keiki?
> If so, did we investigate that location already? Even if she's not there, we might run into her smoking hot piece of a haniwa army commander who might know something.

> You sort of do but your intuition says she won't be there
> You haven't investigated anywhere, you got these invitations yesterday and have been lazily putting it off since
Title: Re: Incident Mansion Quest
Post by: meow56 on January 24, 2020, 02:08:09 PM
>What type of store was it?
>Speaking of procrastinating, when is the party?

>Well, we're not going to get anything done just standing around.
>Head to the Forest of Magic. Maybe Marisa or Alice have seen her?
Title: Re: Incident Mansion Quest
Post by: Suwako Moriya on January 24, 2020, 02:09:53 PM
> What, if anything, does our intuition say about the prospect of running into the haniwa chick if we go back to where we first met Keiki?
Title: Re: Incident Mansion Quest
Post by: Tom on January 24, 2020, 03:07:05 PM
>What type of store was it?
>Speaking of procrastinating, when is the party?

>Well, we're not going to get anything done just standing around.
>Head to the Forest of Magic. Maybe Marisa or Alice have seen her?

> You hardly remember, but your intuition says a clothing store

> The day after tomorrow

> You decide to start heading off for the forest and begin walking down the long staircase of Hakurei Mountain.
> Marisa gets around a lot more than you do so its certainly possible, and one of Alice's errand dolls might have seen her

> What, if anything, does our intuition say about the prospect of running into the haniwa chick if we go back to where we first met Keiki?

> You feel like you will be disappointed if you go back there
Title: Re: Incident Mansion Quest
Post by: meow56 on January 25, 2020, 04:13:35 AM
>Wonder why she went there...

>How have Marisa and Alice been?
Title: Re: Incident Mansion Quest
Post by: Tom on January 25, 2020, 05:17:52 AM
> The first thing that comes to mind would be if she was there to get some clothes patched up after a danmaku battle

> They've been busy lately experimenting with and designing linked spell cards they can cast together similar to the Prismrivers or Light Fairies.  You've been helping them experiment by creating dummy barriers they can cast into without damaging anything, in addition to measuring how powerful the spell is.

> At the bottom of the stairs the path forks with one way leading to the Youkai Forest and the other to the Forest of Magic.  You start walking on the path towards the Forest of Magic
Title: Re: Incident Mansion Quest
Post by: meow56 on January 26, 2020, 03:27:10 PM
>A danmaku battle? Weird...
>But I guess it doesn't have to be that.

>How close have they gotten to a successful spell card?
Title: Re: Incident Mansion Quest
Post by: Tom on January 26, 2020, 05:06:36 PM
> People have disagreements all the time, it's just a guess anyways

> After a several weeks of failures they successfully casted a combined laser, which looked like a master spark but much more colorful.  You reckon they still have a lot of room for improvement since the combined spark was only a little more powerful than one one of their solo attacks.

> After walking for quite some time theough the trick trees of forest of Magic you reach the edge of a clearing where you can see Marisa's house and the back side of Alice's house
Title: Re: Incident Mansion Quest
Post by: meow56 on January 27, 2020, 02:14:49 AM
>How long has it been since they made that laser?

>Anybody around?
>Knock on Marisa's door.
Title: Re: Incident Mansion Quest
Post by: Tom on January 27, 2020, 05:56:23 AM
> You last helped them test it around a week ago, but you reckon they've improved it since then

> No one is outside

> You walk up to the door, careful not to trip on the occasional crater in the ground or what seems to be outside world junk laying around

> You knock on the door and immediately hear what seems to be something shattering inside followed by what you think is books falling and someone running and opening the door

[attach=1]

> "Hey if it isn't Reimu!  What brings you here?" she says enthusiastically

> You immediately notice she's eyeing the golden SDM statue you are holding, your intuition is telling you she's about to ask "Whoa whats that!?  Can I have it?"

> In the distance you also hear what sounds like Alice asking "Who's at the door?"
Title: Re: Incident Mansion Quest
Post by: meow56 on January 28, 2020, 03:55:23 AM
>Don't need intuition to know that...
>"Hi, Marisa. And no, you can't have it."
>"Actually, I'm supposed to give this to Keiki, but I have no idea where she is."
>"Have you seen her anywhere?"
Title: Re: Incident Mansion Quest
Post by: Tom on January 28, 2020, 06:20:41 AM
>Don't need intuition to know that...
>"Hi, Marisa. And no, you can't have it."
>"Actually, I'm supposed to give this to Keiki, but I have no idea where she is."
>"Have you seen her anywhere?"

> "Whaa?  Your intuition is as sharp as ever I see..." she laughs

> "Keiki?  What for?  I haven't seen her in ages, maybe you should ask Alice"

> Marisa steps aside to let you in and you proceed down a messy corridor to a chaotic living room, with mounds of books stacked up almost reaching the ceiling.  One pile seems to have toppled over.  Something strange you notice is that the mess does not extend beyond the near half the room, with the far side of the room being very neat and orderly.

> At the tidy end of the room you see Alice reading a book with a Shanghai on her lap.

[attach=1][attach=2]

> "May I help you?" she asks
> The doll looks curiously at you
Title: Re: Incident Mansion Quest
Post by: meow56 on January 28, 2020, 06:17:08 PM
>"Hi Alice."
>"I need to give this" (show invitation) "to Keiki, but I don't know where she is."
>"Have you seen her anywhere?"
Title: Re: Incident Mansion Quest
Post by: Tom on January 28, 2020, 07:38:25 PM
>"Hi Alice."
>"I need to give this" (show invitation) "to Keiki, but I don't know where she is."
>"Have you seen her anywhere?"

> Alice puts down the book and look up at you

> "S-so there's one for her as well?"
> Alice picks up an almost identical golden statue from behind her chair and shows it to you and says "Yesterday it just showed up at my doorstep"

> She then whispers in your ear "M-Marisa got one as well but I've hidden it in case she tried to sell it to Rinnosuke, she's already in trouble with Patchouli for stealing books and the last thing she needs is to be on Remilia's bad side.."

> "As for Keiki well I've no idea where she might be but..." she then turns around and looks out the beautiful stained glass window on her side of the room in thought, occasionally glancing over at her bookshelf, and some kind of sewing kit box that's on her table

> After a few moments she turns around and responds "It should be obvious, isn't she some type of goddess?  Can't the Hakurei Maiden just i-invoke or channel her?"

> "I-in fact the book I was just reading is about rituals performed by Shrine Maidens, s-so I could help you prepare the spell?  A-after all you learn a lot more about r-rituals by actually performing them than any amount of reading will teach you!"
Title: Re: Incident Mansion Quest
Post by: meow56 on January 28, 2020, 10:37:48 PM
>Whisper "I was a little surprised when Marisa didn't recognize it, but that makes sense."

>Would we be able to do that?
>If so, what kind of preparations would be necessary?
Title: Re: Incident Mansion Quest
Post by: Tom on January 28, 2020, 11:08:05 PM
>Whisper "I was a little surprised when Marisa didn't recognize it, but that makes sense."

>Would we be able to do that?
>If so, what kind of preparations would be necessary?
> Of course!  Even though you lack training and practice you have an innate ability to perform shrine maiden duties (much to Marisa's annoyance as she had to work real hard to be considered near equal to you in magical abilities).

> You don't have all the rituals memorized, you should ask Alice considering she just read about it.

> Speaking of Alice your intuition is telling you something's off about her, like her tone or slight stutter, it's almost like she's anxious or afraid.  You also sense that whatever it is it's very personal and she won't let you in on it.
Title: Re: Incident Mansion Quest
Post by: meow56 on January 31, 2020, 02:28:32 PM
>"Well, yes, I could do that..."
>"But I don't know what supplies I'd have to get to pull it off."
>"Does your book say anything about that?"

>If she starts flipping through the book, take a quick glance at the sewing kit and the bookshelf. Anything catch our eye?
Title: Re: Incident Mansion Quest
Post by: Tom on January 31, 2020, 05:16:17 PM
> Alice's expression lights up with excitement the moment you agree

> She responds "I-I'll find them right away" as she opens up the book she was reading before and flips to the page a silver book marker was on and begins reading

> There's several bookshelves on her side of the room, some of which have books you've seen at the Scarlet Mansion's library however the one she was looking at seemed to have very old and fancy books with no names on the covers, just subtly different colors and trims around the edges similar to her grimoire.

> The sewing kit box appears to have a lock on it.  What kind of sewing kit has a lock on it!?

> Your moment of thought is interrupted by Alice announcing "I found the ritual preparations!"

> Alice explains "We just need a cup of salt, chalk and sacred grounds to perform the ritual upon, but it also recommends that someone assists in the ritual for protection and to end the spell"
> She continues "Marisa's got chalk that we use to draw spellcard patterns before we test them, so you only have to find the salt"
Title: Re: Incident Mansion Quest
Post by: meow56 on February 03, 2020, 12:22:58 AM
>Very odd...

>"I see..."
>Do we have salt at the shrine?
Title: Re: Incident Mansion Quest
Post by: Tom on February 03, 2020, 01:56:44 AM
>Very odd...

>"I see..."
>Do we have salt at the shrine?

> Alice responds "Excellent!" and takes your hand and starts leading you towards the door

> You certainly do have salt, its part of many rituals and Suika's cooking!  Though you might have to look around the cupboards a bit...

> Alice then turns back, grabs a small metal cylinder which appears to be a chalk holder then grabs her locked sewing kit with her Grimoire set on top of it and Shanghai (with some difficulty) picks up the Sacred Rituals book

> Marisa briefly turns around in confusion but Alice pushes you out and shuts the door before you have a chance to react.

> Alice walks to the end of the clearing and turns back and asks "W-what are you waiting for?"
Title: Re: Incident Mansion Quest
Post by: meow56 on February 04, 2020, 07:05:28 PM
>Casually: "What's got you in such a hurry?"
Title: Re: Incident Mansion Quest
Post by: Tom on February 04, 2020, 11:43:13 PM
>Casually: "What's got you in such a hurry?"

> Alice freezes for a moment in thought
> She then snaps out of it and responds "Well you'd be in a hurry to leave too if you were stuck all day cleaning Marisa's part of the house, it's not like I want to be there you know!  She nust needs to learn how to tidy up!"
> You notice she's a little flustered after responding like that

> Now that's a lie, your intuition is telling you
Title: Re: Incident Mansion Quest (Open / Join any time!)
Post by: meow56 on February 10, 2020, 06:40:05 PM
>What time is it?

>"Sure didn't look like you were cleaning to me."
Title: Re: Incident Mansion Quest (Open / Join any time!)
Post by: Tom on February 10, 2020, 07:55:41 PM
>What time is it?

>"Sure didn't look like you were cleaning to me."

> The sun has not reached the highest point in the sky yet

> "I was overseeing Marisa clean, s-someone as easily distracted as h-her needs a guiding hand sometimes"  Alice is looking away to hide the fact that she's blushing
> "Besides, my side of the room is already clean"

> You've now reached the bottom of the steps leading up to Hakurei Mountain
Title: Re: Incident Mansion Quest
Post by: Branneg Xy on February 10, 2020, 08:08:56 PM

 :]
> Alice freezes for a moment in thought
> She then snaps out of it and responds "Well you'd be in a hurry to leave too if you were stuck all day cleaning Marisa's part of the house, it's not like I want to be there you know!  She nust needs to learn how to tidy up!"
> You notice she's a little flustered after responding like that

> Now that's a lie, your intuition is telling you


> " No need to be shy,since I am thankful you are both accompanying and helping me out : I could  accompany you back to Marisa,or even talk to her on your behalf about this... explaining you REALLY worked out,and are somehow foushed, in OVERSEEING HER CLEANING HER PORTION as well,only sparing some time for REDING, and you could scarcely put your skills of SEAMSTRESS to good fruit..."


> All the while inspect Alice's and,if she is present, Shangai's Body Language for reactions and minimal gestures tied at the exact moment we utter a particular word and/or she responds with another.
Title: Re: Incident Mansion Quest (Open / Join any time!)
Post by: Tom on February 10, 2020, 09:50:35 PM
:]

> " No need to be shy,since I am thankful you are both accompanying and helping me out : I could  accompany you back to Marisa,or even talk to her on your behalf about this... explaining you REALLY worked out,and are somehow foushed, in OVERSEEING HER CLEANING HER PORTION as well,only sparing some time for REDING, and you could scarcely put your skills of SEAMSTRESS to good fruit..."


> All the while inspect Alice's and,if she is present, Shangai's Body Language for reactions and minimal gestures tied at the exact moment we utter a particular word and/or she responds with another.

> "Look I know I can't hide anything from your intuition but can you please not p-pry?  I-It's personal"

> Alice seems a little tense
> You haddn't been paying any attention to Shanghai but you now notice something peculiar about her body language, she seems to be avoiding eye contact with you and hiding behind the Sacred Rituals book she's carrying

> You've now arrived at the Hakurei Shrine and Alice sets her grimoire and sewing kit on the donation box and sits down on the steps in front of it.  Shanghai hands her the Sacred Rituals book and shortly after she begins drawing out some shapes on the ground with chalk

> You remember there being a barrel of salt in your kitchen
Title: Re: Incident Mansion Quest (Open / Join any time!)
Post by: meow56 on February 10, 2020, 10:53:40 PM
>"...Very well."
>"If you ever need me, don't hesitate to ask."

>Head into the kitchen and grab a cup of salt.
Title: Re: Incident Mansion Quest (Open / Join any time!)
Post by: Tom on February 11, 2020, 01:50:57 AM
>"...Very well."
>"If you ever need me, don't hesitate to ask."

>Head into the kitchen and grab a cup of salt.
> She replies "I-I will, I-I'm just n-not ready now"

> You aren't called the Mystical Oriental Love Consultant for nothing, your wicked sharp intuition is good at solving both the incidents of Gensokyo and the heart!  You can't help someone who's unwilling to open their heart to you however... 
> The only thing you can tell at the moment is that whatever is troubling Alice is close to her heart, like a relationship or her family

> You head into the kitchen and fill a cup with salt from the barrel marked "Not Edible - Rituals Only".
> When you return outside you're surprised by the progress Alice and Shanghai have made on the magic circle.  It is a large twelve pointed circle and its extremely intricate towards the edges, lined with symbols you lack the training to decipher.  Its times like this you regret neglecting your Shrine Maiden training to live your carefree lifestyle...  but its alright you reassure yourself, you have Alice's help.

Shrine Gate (West), Top Point of Magic Circle (North), Donation Box (East), Bottom Point of Magic Circle (South)
[attach=1]
Click on thumbnail to view image

> When Alice notices you she points at some lines which are double-traced and the center of the circle "The Shrine Maiden shall fill these lines in salt and then sit with her legs crossed in the center facing the western side while the assistant chants the summoning spell from the southern point of the circle"
> "We also need an artifact representing who we want to summon, we wouldn't want to summon the wrong person or some evil demon by accident...  From what I've read in the Youkai Encyclopedia Keiki is a sculptor god, so something sculpted or some kind of statue will suffice"
> "After you've filled in the bits of salt and are ready place the artifact on the northern point of the circle"
Title: Re: Incident Mansion Quest (Open / Join any time!)
Post by: meow56 on February 11, 2020, 02:07:17 PM
>Something sculpted, or a statue...
>We have something like that?

>Start filling the lines with salt.
Title: Re: Incident Mansion Quest (Open / Join any time!)
Post by: Tom on February 11, 2020, 04:17:51 PM
>Something sculpted, or a statue...
>We have something like that?

>Start filling the lines with salt.

> Now that you think about it the Golden Invitation itself might suffice, it looks intricate enough to be sculpted

> You pull out the heavy golden statue from your sleeve, the sun's rays reflect brightly off of its golden top and mahogany base.

> You start filling in the double traced lines Alice mentioned along with some other areas Alice directs you to.  The North Northeast triangle that forms the magic circle is now lined with salt

> You are standing on the steps in front of the donation box on the East of the magic circle and watch as small blue flames light up on the North Northeast, South Southeast and West edge points of the triangle

> Alice sets down the locked sewing kit, Frimoire and Sacred Rituals Book on the point where she's going to sit and then sits down beside them and reads about the next steps in the ritual
Title: Re: Incident Mansion Quest (Open / Join any time!)
Post by: meow56 on February 11, 2020, 09:27:55 PM
>You mean the east of the magic circle?

>Keep going.
Title: Re: Incident Mansion Quest (Open / Join any time!)
Post by: Tom on February 11, 2020, 09:56:09 PM
// Edited, it's east like you say, (the original text said west of the donation box)

> You place the golden statue on the Northern point of the magic circle and sit down facing the gate (West) and stairs leading to the shrine, in the distance you can see the vast majority of Gensokyo, the Forest of Magic below, Eientei in the distance to the left, the Village in the center and Youkai Mountain and Misty Lake to the right.

> Alice explains "E-everything seems to be ready, as you know you'll be unconscious for the duration the deity is invoked into your body.  I-I'll quickly inform her of the e-event and show her the invitation before finishing invocation"

> Alice has been patiently waiting on your right for you to finish, fidgeting with her locked sewing kit and taking a last look at the incantation.  Shanghai is sitting on your left just outside the magic circle looking determined

> When she notices you sitting down she asks "S-shall we?"
Title: Re: Incident Mansion Quest (Open / Join any time!)
Post by: Branneg Xy on February 14, 2020, 09:40:46 PM
// Edited, it's east like you say, (the original text said west of the donation box)

> You place the golden statue on the Northern point of the magic circle and sit down facing the gate (West) and stairs leading to the shrine, in the distance you can see the vast majority of Gensokyo, the Forest of Magic below, Eientei in the distance to the left, the Village in the center and Youkai Mountain and Misty Lake to the right.

> Alice explains "E-everything seems to be ready, as you know you'll be unconscious for the duration the deity is invoked into your body.  I-I'll quickly inform her of the e-event and show her the invitation before finishing invocation"

> Alice has been patiently waiting on your right for you to finish, fidgeting with her locked sewing kit and taking a last look at the incantation.  Shanghai is sitting on your left just outside the magic circle looking determined

> When she notices you sitting down she asks "S-shall we?"


> Take a last good look around to see if everything&everyone is alright in place .


> If so ,give the go ahead to Alice and proceed.
Title: Re: Incident Mansion Quest (Open / Join any time!)
Post by: Tom on February 15, 2020, 10:06:53 PM
> Taking good look around you you see Alice practicing the spell and Shanghai watching intently from the other side

> You nod to Alice and she starts somewhat nervously reciting the spell out loud, the slight blue embers on the edges of the triangle glow brighter and you start to feel a little light headed

> When she reaches the main incantation the lines you previously poured salt on light up red in the same color as your Yin Yang orb and you feel tired as if you've stayed up five days straight investigating an incident
> Shortly before your vision completely fades you notice something that you feel should bother you but are too relaxed and tired to care.  Specifically you notice the shadow of something fly over your head really quick and what sounds like someone catching something to your right.  But you reassure yourself all that matters is taking it easy and you let yourself float away from reality...



> You wake up on the steps of the shrine, look around and notice Alice isn't there but the Ghost Princess Yuyuko is staring at you from a small bridge in the distance.  This isn't your shrine!  This is Hakugyokuru!
[attach=1]

> She approaches while asking "What brings you here today miss Hakurei?  I don't think we're causing any trouble, unless little Youmu is up to something like-..." before shes interrupted by something she notices about you and stares in shock
> "Reimu, you look a bit pale today... like in the 'I can see right through you' sort of way"
> Confused you look down and immediately notice you're transparent!  In fear Yuyuko did something to you, you reach for something to defend yourself with but its no use, your hands pass right through everything you touch!

> You have lost control of Reimu Hakurei



Meanwhile at the Hakurei Shrine...

> You wake up to find your mind hazy, you feel like your soul's been split in half...
> Where are you?  A few moments ago you were doing something important but can't seem to remember.  Like a dream you've woken up from and can't recall what happened even though it was mere minutes ago

> However your mind calms when you recognize someone familiar standing in front of you, your daughter Alice!  She looks quite different from the last time you saw her, when she left Makai.

> You have gained control of Shinki (via Reimu Hakurei)
[attach=2]

> Alice breaks the silence and speaks up "M-mother, I-is that really you?" in a scared tone
> She appears to be opening some kind of small box
Title: Re: Incident Mansion Quest (Open / Join any time!)
Post by: Branneg Xy on February 18, 2020, 12:18:40 AM
> Taking good look around you you see Alice practicing the spell and Shanghai watching intently from the other side

> You nod to Alice and she starts somewhat nervously reciting the spell out loud, the slight blue embers on the edges of the triangle glow brighter and you start to feel a little light headed

> When she reaches the main incantation the lines you previously poured salt on light up red in the same color as your Yin Yang orb and you feel tired as if you've stayed up five days straight investigating an incident
> Shortly before your vision completely fades you notice something that you feel should bother you but are too relaxed and tired to care.  Specifically you notice the shadow of something fly over your head really quick and what sounds like someone catching something to your right.  But you reassure yourself all that matters is taking it easy and you let yourself float away from reality...



> You wake up on the steps of the shrine, look around and notice Alice isn't there but the Ghost Princess Yuyuko is staring at you from a small bridge in the distance.  This isn't your shrine!  This is Hakugyokuru!
[attach=1]
> She approaches while asking "What brings you here today miss Hakurei?  I don't think we're causing any trouble, unless little Youmu is up to something like-..." before shes interrupted by something she notices about you and stares in shock
> "Reimu, you look a bit pale today... like in the 'I can see right through you' sort of way"
> Confused you look down and immediately notice you're transparent!  In fear Yuyuko did something to you, you reach for something to defend yourself with but its no use, your hands pass right through everything you touch!

> You have lost control of Reimu Hakurei



Meanwhile at the Hakurei Shrine...

> You wake up to find your mind hazy, you feel like your soul's been split in half...
> Where are you?  A few moments ago you were doing something important but can't seem to remember.  Like a dream you've woken up from and can't recall what happened even though it was mere minutes ago

> However your mind calms when you recognize someone familiar standing in front of you, your daughter Alice!  She looks quite different from the last time you saw her, when she left Makai.

> You have gained control of Shinki (via Reimu Hakurei)
[attach=2]
> Alice breaks the silence and speaks up "M-mother, I-is that really you?" in a scared tone
> She appears to be opening some kind of small box
???
 :wat:
 :o
> Somehow puzzled :" ....Alice dear...? It has been sudden and after quite some time and change but I am so much glad...Did you need something of me,dear?

> Look at what she is doing with that small box.
Title: Re: Incident Mansion Quest (Open / Join any time!)
Post by: Tom on February 18, 2020, 01:42:18 AM
???
 :wat:
 :o
> Somehow puzzled :" ....Alice dear...? It has been sudden and after quite some time and change but I am so much glad...Did you need something of me,dear?

> Look at what she is doing with that small box.

> After hearing your words Alice's expression changes to one of relief
> Shanghai throws something to Alice and she catches it and places it in the box before running up and embracing you in a hug

> She stutters a bit and says "I-I found this on my doorstep a w-week ago, I-I've been worried sick that something happened to you since!"
> Alice points in the box and you see a ribbon with two red glowing crystals, identical to the one you use to tie your hair!
> She continues "Y-you never removed it so I feared s-something must have happened..." before pausing and looking down

> Alice's expression sinks "But now look what I've done, the shrine maiden's gonna be furious once she wakes up and finds out I hijacked the ritual..."
Title: Re: Incident Mansion Quest (Open / Join any time!)
Post by: Branneg Xy on February 23, 2020, 05:08:25 AM
> After hearing your words Alice's expression changes to one of relief
> Shanghai throws something to Alice and she catches it and places it in the box before running up and embracing you in a hug

> She stutters a bit and says "I-I found this on my doorstep a w-week ago, I-I've been worried sick that something happened to you since!"
> Alice points in the box and you see a ribbon with two red glowing crystals, identical to the one you use to tie your hair!
> She continues "Y-you never removed it so I feared s-something must have happened..." before pausing and looking down

> Alice's expression sinks "But now look what I've done, the shrine maiden's gonna be furious once she wakes up and finds out I hijacked the ritual..."


> Hug back our dear Alice in a comfortably motherly way for a brief time  then say with a mother's smile and tone:" I am fine and here,dear,though I am still trying to recall something quite important I had been doing before this... hijacked and tugging summoning ritual".


> " About the shrine maiden, Reimu if I am not mistaken...I advise you should patiently and bravely hear her out for she has her fair reasons , afterwards do explain her your justified worries and what is known of the truth of this matter and finally it is going to be,or at the very least a good beginning for it,  time to start patching up ,making amends and...even helping each other by your own choice and capacity".


> " Remember that ,by your free choice and reasoning,you could be more open and seek out comfort,counsel, help and support from your willing friends,acquaintances and any willing and dependable fellow".


> " About my ribbon suddenly "materializing" at your doorstep...Did you ,or might-be anyone else, notice anything else peculiar preceding that time,during it or afterwards ?"



Title: Re: Incident Mansion Quest (Open / Join any time!)
Post by: Tom on February 25, 2020, 05:46:24 AM
The plot thickens on the new forums http://shrinemaiden.com/index.php?topic=70.0