Author Topic: Ask a Staffer 25 - Jana!  (Read 54538 times)

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
Re: Ask a Staffer 25 - Jana!
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2011, 12:10:25 AM »
Psych research on the matter generally supports that money IS important, but only really to the point that you meet basic physical needs. Wealth for the sake of wealth doesn't help, and for the most part seeking it and/or power excessively is a warning sign for an unpleasant outlook/personality.
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2011, 01:57:05 AM »
What Mus said.

What is your favourite book to read on a rainy day with not much else to do?

What era of history would you like to teach me about? :3c

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2011, 03:11:50 AM »
Well what the hell are you waiting on?

:I

Psych research on the matter generally supports that money IS important, but only really to the point that you meet basic physical needs. Wealth for the sake of wealth doesn't help, and for the most part seeking it and/or power excessively is a warning sign for an unpleasant outlook/personality.

Seems about right. My classes haven't touched upon that kind of thing, but it makes sense in my head-
Wait, I think I remember reading something about that in TIME magazine a few months back. :o

What Mus said.

What is your favourite book to read on a rainy day with not much else to do?

What era of history would you like to teach me about? :3c

Mus is good peoples.

I don't read for pleasure as much anymore, unfortunately... It's always research during the school year. The last big novel I read was James Clavell's Shogun, and I recently re-read Stephen Hawking's A Brief History of Time. I would like to read The Universe in a Nutshell before the summer is through.

Being a big fan of Sengoku-era history, I'd say that. It's the only era in history I can think of with so many different factions at play, and with so many "heroes" and powerful personalities and political scheming. I don't think you're as into that kind of thing as me, though.
The Three Kingdoms era of Chinese history is a lot of fun too, but it's much more heavily romanticized (as if the Sengoku era wasn't enough already!). If you have spare time (like, 200 chapters of spare time), feel free to check out the novel. Alternately, play a heavily-fictionalized video game :V

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
  • Making being an evil spirit look good
    • Tondemonai
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2011, 03:55:17 AM »
Sweet, I get to ask stuff to someone I've met before. Yay! :3

How did you manage not to step on me at Otakon? (I was seriously expecting Jana foot sandwich for breakfast at least once)

If you could rule the world for a day, what would you do?

Where's the beef?

"I don't have anything against you, but I hope you're ready to die a dog's death!
Oh, don't worry, that cat will carry off your body, so you'll be able to live in our place!"

« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2011, 04:02:59 AM »
What did you think of your experience of working in a library, from what you've done of it?

What do you think of me aspiring to be a library professional?

What do you recommend for someone who's trying to expand their culinary horizons?

Why are you and Sana BFFs?

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2011, 07:49:56 AM »
Sweet, I get to ask stuff to someone I've met before. Yay! :3

How did you manage not to step on me at Otakon? (I was seriously expecting Jana foot sandwich for breakfast at least once)

If you could rule the world for a day, what would you do?

Where's the beef?

\o/

I may be kind of an airhead, but I am still fairly light on my feet. I actually did hit you a couple of times, but they were actually light taps while I jumped into/out of bed.

Make it so that I could rule FOREVER
Aside from that, I would like to work on income equality.

I already ate it.

What did you think of your experience of working in a library, from what you've done of it?

What do you think of me aspiring to be a library professional?

What do you recommend for someone who's trying to expand their culinary horizons?

Why are you and Sana BFFs?

Much of my time volunteering in a library has been working with kids, meaning that I have done very little actual-librarian work.
With that said, I did like it quite a bit. :3

It's a goal one doesn't see often. I hope you find a library that will help you succeed!

Eat food from different cultures! I eat a lot of Mexican and American food, so European food is something very different to me.

Sana and I go back a couple of years, from the first WUFTD forum game. We happen to like a lot of the same things, and Sana is still the person whose taste in anime I trust the most every season.

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
    • Tondemonai
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2011, 08:16:26 AM »
Are we going to see Patchy-Jana at a future con?

If you had Marisa's Mini-hakkero, what would you do with it?

What's your take on the afterlife?

"I don't have anything against you, but I hope you're ready to die a dog's death!
Oh, don't worry, that cat will carry off your body, so you'll be able to live in our place!"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2011, 10:12:08 AM »
>=?

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2011, 08:21:40 PM »
It is time for JANASHEEP QUESTIONING! \o/

What's your favorite weapon, stats ignored, in mabinogi?

Explain to the masses why Dark Knights are inferior to their Paladin counterparts.

Also, Biggest capitalist sheep victory?

JANASHEEP QUESTIONING ENDS.

What's probably your favorite thing to do when you have free time?

What is your job anyway? In real life I mean, not on here. :V

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2011, 01:19:57 AM »
Are we going to see Patchy-Jana at a future con?

If you had Marisa's Mini-hakkero, what would you do with it?

What's your take on the afterlife?

I wouldn't discount it, but it's not a goal.

Probably stow it away for safekee- Nah, I'd run around as a superhero and use it as my power :V

I don't think much about it. I don't think there's a way for us to know what happens... Maybe we just rot away. We're all going to find out soon enough, so does it matter?

>=?

>=3

It is time for JANASHEEP QUESTIONING! \o/

What's your favorite weapon, stats ignored, in mabinogi?

Explain to the masses why Dark Knights are inferior to their Paladin counterparts.

Also, Biggest capitalist sheep victory?

JANASHEEP QUESTIONING ENDS.

What's probably your favorite thing to do when you have free time?

What is your job anyway? In real life I mean, not on here. :V

Baaaaaaaaa!

Oh gosh I can't pick only one
Dustin Silver Knight Sword I have one with gold accents for SMASHING it is so beautiful :'>
Broad Axe I so wish I could use one of these on my human main.
Tower Cylinder It's fun to goof off with one of these once in a while. I have one in purple and white!
Confetti Bow pop pop
War Sword These things are actually pretty beastly... But it's unrealistic for me to think of getting one with how hard they are to synthesize.
Composite Shield Not a weapon, but it still looks cool!

Dark Knights are gimmicky. While some people defend them saying that you can use them with any style, the stat you roll is actually more hindering, as it locks you into using specific skills (that may not apply to your situation!).
Also they turned away from Morrighan why would you even do that ;-;

My first major Capitalist Victory was when I sold a flashy dye for 150% of the going price because the buyer didn't want to wait for me to finish bargaining.
I think finding those desperate buyers is how you can make the most money.

baaaa

Aside from video games, I think just chitchatting. It is fun in its own way.

I was a janitor in a warehouse for a few weeks in July! Now I'm just waiting for school to begin again.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2011, 01:29:57 AM »
Janaaaaaaaaa jana janana na na janananana damacyyyyy?

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2011, 01:59:07 AM »
You know what I'm gonna ask.

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
    • Tondemonai
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2011, 10:52:18 AM »
What do you like more: sunny days or rainy days?

What's one technological advancement you'd like to see in your lifetime?

You're the star of an anime, Mahou Shoujo Jana-chan; what's the story about? Who's the main villain? Who's the love interest?

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2011, 08:59:33 PM »
Janaaaaaaaaa jana janana na na janananana damacyyyyy?

The funny thing is that I always sang those songs in my head with Sana's name instead of mine.

You know what I'm gonna ask.

If it was "Why am I your favorite," I would say:
You're a pretty positive force in this community, and I thank you for that. But you're also a kickass storyteller. Even though I haven't been reading Quests for a little while now, your games are one of my favorite things about this forum.
If it wasn't that... Why aren't you asking me?

What do you like more: sunny days or rainy days?

What's one technological advancement you'd like to see in your lifetime?

You're the star of an anime, Mahou Shoujo Jana-chan; what's the story about? Who's the main villain? Who's the love interest?

Sunny days for sure. Rainy days are less hot, but they're also really dark and get everything wet and smelly.

There are a lot... It'd be a toss-up between some specific medical advancements (the ability to prevent and cure mental illnesses would be excelleeent) and practical commercial space travel. c:

Magical Jana-chan, with either an oversized melee weapon or no weapon at all, conquers the world single-handedly and rules it for all of eternity. GOOD END
The villains are anyone who resists!
There is no need for a love interest!

Ask more questions at me!

theshirn

« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2011, 10:30:34 PM »
What happens if you attempt to equip a hat?

,,,why are you looking at me like that?

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
    • Tondemonai
« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2011, 10:31:00 PM »
Where did Kourin get that gun from?

If you met your twin, what would you do?

What would you do with a giant Momiji (the character) plushie?

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2011, 02:46:18 AM »
Might as well throw a few Mabi questions in as well:

Favourite pet(s) without taking into consideration their uses?
With uses?
If you would, maybe a screencap of your character*?  ;o

*when the time is appropriate

there
now

What is your dream sandwich? In other words, describe in as much or as little detail as desired, the best sandwich ever.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2011, 04:01:54 AM »
What happens if you attempt to equip a hat?

,,,why are you looking at me like that?

I just wear the hat. Haven't you ever seen a hat on top of another hat?

ξ

Where did Kourin get that gun from?

If you met your twin, what would you do?

What would you do with a giant Momiji (the character) plushie?

*shrug*

BATTLE TO THE DEATH

Put it on the guest bed with my little Sanae and Patchouli plushies :D

Might as well throw a few Mabi questions in as well:

Favourite pet(s) without taking into consideration their uses?
With uses?
If you would, maybe a screencap of your character*?  ;o

*when the time is appropriate

there
now

What is your dream sandwich? In other words, describe in as much or as little detail as desired, the best sandwich ever.

Okay!

I'd like to get and train a Lava Walker Imp when I get the skills more appropriate to good Rafting. Look at his eager grin! And the cute little pickaxe!

Thunder Dragon is probably the obvious choice for most people, but I actually prefer the Flame Horses for their superior landspeed (what I want when dungeon/mission speedrunning); I didn't get to buy one though. Crystal Deer are a pretty close second, and I like how they look better too. Perhaps the greatest indicator of my love for my Crystal Deer is the name I gave mine: Purvis!

Okay, whenever login server is back up!

Some people on IRC may remember the Jana Sandwich: Two slices of toasted cinnamon raisin bread, a slice of muenster cheese, and a slice of carne asada. (The only change I'd make to this would be a little lettuce and tomato.) I made a ton of these during the weeks following my birthday party (when my dad made TOO MUCH STEAK because a lot of people that were supposed to come didn't).

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2011, 10:25:20 AM »
How does this make you feel?
What kind of Janknitting do you do?

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
    • Tondemonai
« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2011, 10:35:43 AM »
Where did Sunny get that sword and outfit from?

Does the Jana sandwich come in a super size value meal?

How much steak is too much?

« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2011, 03:56:53 PM »
If we were to duel over Patchy, what kind of challenge would you want it to be? Who do you think would win?

Best anime you've ever watched? Worst?

Video games you think more people should experience?

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2011, 07:39:33 PM »
How does this make you feel?
What kind of Janknitting do you do?

Conflicted. Am I happy to see James Brown on Japenese television or unhappy to see James Brown in a bad commercial?

I've never learned how to knit, but I'm good at stitches.

Where did Sunny get that sword and outfit from?

Does the Jana sandwich come in a super size value meal?

How much steak is too much?

...I'm afraid that isn't Sunny. :V

You'll have to get your own drink! And the sandwich, too!

30 pounds of steak. We had steak for over a month.

If we were to duel over Patchy, what kind of challenge would you want it to be? Who do you think would win?

Best anime you've ever watched? Worst?

Video games you think more people should experience?

A man-to-man fisticuffs battle that I would win Men shouldn't be dueling over women. ;)
If it 's Patchouli, I'd imagine some kind of intellectual battle, or a battle of wits. I'm kind of an airhead though, so...

I don't watch a lot of anime, so I can't name a "worst" as I simply won't watch something I don't think I'll like. Best would be either Azumanga Daioh or who am I kidding Azumanga Daioh. As for more recent stuff, Madoka.

Aside from Mabinogi (good story, fun game, awesome music, etc.) I would have to name Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas. I've been playing them both, which while confusing, is still a lot of fun.

For Baity

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
    • Tondemonai
« Reply #52 on: August 08, 2011, 10:25:31 PM »
You fall through a gap one day and end up in the Voile Library. What do you do?

What would you do with a Purvis plushie?

What's the fastest you've ever run, and why were you running?

theshirn

« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2011, 11:28:21 PM »
Fire or Ice?

Air or Earth?

Heart?

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2011, 02:55:56 AM »
Favorite desserts?
What are you most interested in?
Favorite fictional character?

They say money can't buy happiness, but I think financial stability is a big part of being happy. What do you think?

I'd much rather be emotionally stable than financially stable-- though I'm sure there are times where those could intersect. Take that as you will.

That said, my views on it are much the same as what Mus and Ruro mentioned. Money is indeed important when it comes to what we need to get by, but beyond that, excessive wealth is much better put to use when it is spread around to people who actually need it.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2011, 03:44:15 AM »
You fall through a gap one day and end up in the Voile Library. What do you do?

What would you do with a Purvis plushie?

What's the fastest you've ever run, and why were you running?

Read books!

Put with all the other plushies.

I don't think I can accurately answer this question. 6:30 was my best mile time, but I'm much too sickly to match that now.

Fire or Ice?

Air or Earth?

Heart?

Fire!

If lightning/electricity is counted as air, then Air! If not, Earth!

Hadouken!

Favorite desserts?
What are you most interested in?
Favorite fictional character?

I'd much rather be emotionally stable than financially stable-- though I'm sure there are times where those could intersect. Take that as you will.

That said, my views on it are much the same as what Mus and Ruro mentioned. Money is indeed important when it comes to what we need to get by, but beyond that, excessive wealth is much better put to use when it is spread around to people who actually need it.

I like apple pie and french silk pie and cheesecake and conchas. I like a lot of desserts!

That's a weird question. I'm interested in a lot of things, way too many to have a "most," so you'll have to be more specific!

Patchouli! I can list some more later, if you want, but I'm in a slight rush at the moment. ^^;

* Jana hugs Matsy
You're good peoples too. :3

theshirn

« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2011, 03:48:11 AM »
If lightning/electricity is counted as air, then Air! If not, Earth!
I had an extended debate on this with several people years back.  I argued that Lightning should fall under air, or at least air magic, whereas many people felt it was fire.  I guess I was focused more on the generation of lightning, rather than the composition thereof.

Do you often use words like thereof, wherefore, and forsooth, and if not, why not?

« Reply #57 on: August 10, 2011, 03:50:14 AM »
Favorite flavor of ice cream?

What do you think of glasses?

Any non-anime shows you like?

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #58 on: August 10, 2011, 05:54:49 AM »
I had an extended debate on this with several people years back.  I argued that Lightning should fall under air, or at least air magic, whereas many people felt it was fire.  I guess I was focused more on the generation of lightning, rather than the composition thereof.

Do you often use words like thereof, wherefore, and forsooth, and if not, why not?

In SWR, most of Patchouli's electric and all of her wind attacks fall under the Wood/Nature element. Food for thought!

No, not really. I prefer to speak simply.

Favorite flavor of ice cream?

What do you think of glasses?

Any non-anime shows you like?

I like trying new flavors all the time, but vanilla and strawberry are the two I can always fall back upon.

I like glasses! I think I look way better with them than without, I think glasses on girls are cute, and I'll go so far as to state that I think everyone looks good with the right frames.

I don't really watch TV, so not really. I do watch snippets of The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, and Saturday Night Live if I catch them though.

Aoshi-shi

• Back at it again in the Land of Origin
  • maior e longinquo reverentia
« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2011, 07:11:14 AM »
Typical Jana schedule?

Morning person or night owl? Or, both?

You wake one morning to find a TARDIS in your house! Where and when in space and time do you decide to go and why?

What would you name your autobiography?
Art Thread -->
Well gee, I have a Tumblr now.  | Twitter
 What a nice day to complain about mobage!
 |PADherder