Author Topic: Reimu Quest (Part 2)  (Read 49637 times)

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
Re: Reimu Quest (Part 2)
« Reply #960 on: October 04, 2013, 08:19:35 PM »
>Move into that right hall, and keep the waves of bullets coming; going high, low, and middling in no real pattern.

> You retreat down the hall, shooting danmaku at random as you go.  The fish bursts from the cloud of dust in pursuit.  It starts dodging the bullets, managing to close some distance between the two of you.  However, the lack of pattern seems to be throwing it off.

> _

☆ Check my profile for links to my sites! ☆
[21:12] <OneLoveOnePurvis> *Black as hell and bitter as love. That is coffee.*
[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style
[17:42] <Amra> as she does something out of character

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #961 on: October 04, 2013, 08:51:54 PM »
>If it's smart enough to dodge, then it's smart enough to be faked out.  Start varying the bullet speeds, and have the waves be quite dense when close to us, then less so further way. Try to force it to be on the defensive, or to at least second guess its charges.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #962 on: October 04, 2013, 09:19:03 PM »
>If it's smart enough to dodge, then it's smart enough to be faked out.  Start varying the bullet speeds, and have the waves be quite dense when close to us, then less so further way. Try to force it to be on the defensive, or to at least second guess its charges.

> Through fighting you have determined its intelligence.  You form a dense wall of bullets around you and spread them out farther away.  The fish gets caught somewhere in the middle, where the bullets have spread out enough to dodge but require quick wits to know when to move.  Predictably, this sends the fish back a few paces.  It starts focusing on weaving in and out of the curtain of danmaku.

> _

[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #963 on: October 04, 2013, 09:23:18 PM »
>Have we started to feel the effects of blood loss?

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #964 on: October 04, 2013, 09:32:16 PM »
>Have we started to feel the effects of blood loss?

> You've been too wired up to notice.  Now that you think about it, you do feel a little dizzy.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #965 on: October 04, 2013, 09:46:55 PM »
Blood loss isn't going to be a problem from a couple bites in the short term unless we literally have large chunks of flesh ripped out. It's been like...a couple dozen seconds?

>Keep up the fireworks, and add in a nice stream of bullets at it to keep it from getting too close. If it doesn't want to fight like a civilized person, then too bad for it.
>Just how much more drama could we add to this pattern?

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #966 on: October 04, 2013, 09:56:03 PM »
>Keep up the fireworks, and add in a nice stream of bullets at it to keep it from getting too close. If it doesn't want to fight like a civilized person, then too bad for it.
>Just how much more drama could we add to this pattern?

> You continue shooting the danmaku, and stream some bullets towards the fish for good measure.  Caught off guard by this sudden addition to the pattern, the fish runs into a stray bullet and is thrown off course.
> You could probably make this pattern as messy as you like.  As you contemplate the possibilities, the fish turns around and starts putting some distance between you and it.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #967 on: October 04, 2013, 10:34:19 PM »
>Follow it. and trying to make use of a stream or two to keep it from running off down a hall. We've come this far, it's either surrender or defeat.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #968 on: October 04, 2013, 10:40:00 PM »
>Keep up the music and follow it. and trying to make use of a stream or two to keep it from running off down a hall. We've come this far, it's either surrender or defeat.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #969 on: October 04, 2013, 10:40:53 PM »
>Follow it. and trying to make use of a stream or two to keep it from running off down a hall. We've come this far, it's either surrender or defeat.

> You're not letting this thing get away from you, not now.
> You give chase, using streamer bullets to drive the fish off to the side.  It stops short of being hit by the bullets, curling its tail around itself to avoid being hit.
> It turns around like it wants to swim back towards you, but the bullets have it stuck in a dodging limbo once again.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #970 on: October 04, 2013, 10:46:23 PM »
>Let's add a thick wave of slowly moving needles to the mix to force it back against the wall.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #971 on: October 04, 2013, 10:51:04 PM »
>Let's add a thick wave of slowly moving needles to the mix to force it back against the wall.

> You fire off a round of needles.  The fish tries ducking under to escape the danmaku, but is unable to move from the wall.  It swims upwards, taking refuge on the ceiling.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #972 on: October 04, 2013, 11:32:43 PM »
>Let up on the music, just a little, to see what he does. But weave a nice pincher from left and right so that if it tries to charge us, and gets lucky dodging, the pincher will catch it decisively.

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #973 on: October 05, 2013, 01:01:44 AM »
Its head is covered in eyes, yes? We should stop calling it "fish" and start calling it "mr potato head"
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #974 on: October 05, 2013, 01:10:42 PM »
>Let up on the music, just a little, to see what he does. But weave a nice pincher from left and right so that if it tries to charge us, and gets lucky dodging, the pincher will catch it decisively.

> You ease up on the danmaku.  The fish uncurls and starts swimming left and right, still dodging but not moving forward.  It watches you carefully, not making any sudden movements.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #975 on: October 05, 2013, 04:14:46 PM »
>Keep things at their current level.
>If we can talk while filing: "Are you done yet or what?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #976 on: October 05, 2013, 04:44:50 PM »
>Keep things at their current level.
>If we can talk while filing: "Are you done yet or what?"

> You keep a steady stream of danmaku flowing and make an attempt at communication.
> The fish hisses at you, a stream of bubbles flowing from its mouth as it does so.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #977 on: October 05, 2013, 06:22:37 PM »
>"Well, that's something! You ready to give up? Just put those claws above your head and we'll stop and talk, okay?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #978 on: October 05, 2013, 06:57:28 PM »
>"Well, that's something! You ready to give up? Just put those claws above your head and we'll stop and talk, okay?"

> The fish circles the ceiling, making growling and clicking sounds.  It lulls for a few seconds, then starts smashing itself into the ceiling.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #979 on: October 05, 2013, 07:12:02 PM »
>Does the smashing seem to be doing anything, or is it more impacts for the sake of impacts?

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #980 on: October 05, 2013, 07:17:06 PM »
>Does the smashing seem to be doing anything, or is it more impacts for the sake of impacts?

> The smashing is causing debris to go flying into the water, but the intent this time doesn't appear to be creating a cloud.  The fish sticks its arms into the opening it has made and starts burrowing.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #981 on: October 05, 2013, 07:42:27 PM »
>"Oh for the love of..."
>Drop the attack for now, but be ready to bring it back up if the thing charges again.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #982 on: October 05, 2013, 07:51:25 PM »
>"Oh for the love of..."
>Drop the attack for now, but be ready to bring it back up if the thing charges again.

> You let the danmaku dissipate into the water, but the fish keeps burrowing.  Finally, its fin disappears into the hole.
> You hear it scuffling around in the ceiling.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #983 on: October 05, 2013, 08:24:47 PM »
>Oh well, Alice needed to get this placed fixed up anyways?
>Can we tell which way it's moving?
>Should it be coming this way, move away and be prepared to fire again.

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #984 on: October 05, 2013, 08:30:25 PM »
I think when a house gets flooded this bad, there's no repairing it as an above-water house.
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #985 on: October 05, 2013, 08:31:35 PM »
>Oh well, Alice needed to get this placed fixed up anyways?
>Can we tell which way it's moving?
>Should it be coming this way, move away and be prepared to fire again.

> You figure the broken ceiling is small potatoes right now.
> You think it's moving towards you, so you back away.  You hear the fish moving along the ceiling and slamming down on it every few seconds.  It's catching up to you, fast.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #986 on: October 05, 2013, 08:37:45 PM »
>Keep moving, and angle for the hole.
>If it looks like it is going to beat us to the hole, be ready to give it a face full of dense danmaku.
>If we're going to be it to the hole, send up a dense cloud to chase it away from the entrance.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #987 on: October 05, 2013, 08:41:47 PM »
>Keep moving, and angle for the hole.
>If it looks like it is going to beat us to the hole, be ready to give it a face full of dense danmaku.
>If we're going to be it to the hole, send up a dense cloud to chase it away from the entrance.

> You back away further and aim a thick flurry of danmaku at the hole in the ceiling.  Plaster and wood splinter away, but there are no signs of the fish.
> The ceiling above cracks and splits open.  The fish descends upon you with outstretched arms, screeching.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #988 on: October 05, 2013, 11:32:23 PM »
>Back away, and dense cloud in between us, now!
>In theory we'll want this build this back up into the original pattern, but let's take it a step at a time.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #989 on: October 06, 2013, 03:06:57 PM »
>Back away, and dense cloud in between us, now!
>In theory we'll want this build this back up into the original pattern, but let's take it a step at a time.

> You back away from the fish.  It swipes its claws at you, clipping your other leg, before it is caught up by the danmaku cloud.  It screeches as it is struck by the bullets, and pulls its tail in front of it as a shield before charging at you again.

> _