Author Topic: Reimu Quest (Part 2)  (Read 49703 times)

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
Re: Reimu Quest (Part 2)
« Reply #930 on: October 04, 2013, 12:39:28 AM »
>Wave of danmaku in front of us, now!

> You summon a wave of danmaku between you and the fish.  It lets out a guttural screech and flies straight into the barrage.  Most of the bullets bounce off its torso harmlessly, but a few manage to make contact.  The fish writhes away from you and swims up towards the ceiling, smashing against it and sending debris flying down in a cloud of dust.

> _

☆ Check my profile for links to my sites! ☆
[21:12] <OneLoveOnePurvis> *Black as hell and bitter as love. That is coffee.*
[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style
[17:42] <Amra> as she does something out of character

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #931 on: October 04, 2013, 12:49:20 AM »
>Back away from the debris, and send a stream of speedy needle danmaku into its soft bits.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #932 on: October 04, 2013, 12:57:04 AM »
>Back away from the debris, and send a stream of speedy needle danmaku into its soft bits.

> The fish descends upon you from the ceiling, but you are faster and get out of the way in time.  It lands upside-down with its claws burrowed into the floor.  It tears itself free as you're shooting needle danmaku at it, and while it dodges most of it, a few needles make their mark and cause it to scream out in pain.  In retaliation, it lunges at you and opens its mouth, revealing a rows of sharp teeth.
> At the last second, however, it slows down and starts clawing at a needle caught in its arm.  Curiously enough, its claws don't do any damage to its own skin.

> _

[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #933 on: October 04, 2013, 01:46:38 AM »
>Take this opportunity shoot it in the head with tons of danmaku.
>keep on our toes, it's only a matter of time before it returns it's attention to us.
>knowing this, prepare to dodge should it lunge at us again.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #934 on: October 04, 2013, 01:54:20 AM »
>Take this opportunity shoot it in the head with tons of danmaku.
>keep on our toes, it's only a matter of time before it returns it's attention to us.

> You try catching it off guard by shooting danmaku at its head.
> Apparently, it expected you to do this.  It flips over and brings its tail in front of itself, protecting itself from the onslaught of danmaku.  It twists its body around to dodge under the rest of the bullets, snaking along the floor.
> The fish opens its mouth, wider this time, and propels itself off the ground.  It's coming at you, fast.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #935 on: October 04, 2013, 02:01:21 AM »
>Back away at top speed, and fire right down it's gullet with a wave of needles.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #936 on: October 04, 2013, 02:11:44 AM »
>Back away at top speed, and fire right down it's gullet with a wave of needles.

> You rush away from it as fast as you can and fire another round of needles toward its open mouth.
> The fish clamps down on the needles that don't go down its throat.  It just keeps swimming, despite it taking the rest of the bullets in the face.
> Clouds of blood stains the water but it just keeps going.  It spits out the needles with another spray of blood and latches onto your leg.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #937 on: October 04, 2013, 02:32:46 AM »
>Do we have our gohei prepared? If so, bring it right down on the thing's head with as much pain-driven force as we can while screaming like a berserker.
>Otherwise, burst out as much danmaku as possible. Don't aim. don't worry too much about type; just make it bright and make a lot of it swirl outward from us.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #938 on: October 04, 2013, 02:36:01 AM »
>Do we have our gohei prepared? If so, bring it right down on the thing's head with as much pain-driven force as we can while screaming like a berserker.
>Otherwise, burst out as much danmaku as possible. Don't aim. don't worry too much about type; just make it bright and make a lot of it swirl outward from us.

> You always have your gohei on you.
> You unleash a scream of fury and pain as you smash your gohei into the fish's head.  It convulses but keeps its teeth on you.  You suspect that the blood is not just from you at this point.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #939 on: October 04, 2013, 02:37:37 AM »
>Keep it up, try to bash it with the the end of the gohei in its jaw; or even better where its jaw connects to its skull if we can swing it, until it lets go or we get the feeling it's not doing anything.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #940 on: October 04, 2013, 02:47:49 AM »
>Keep it up, try to bash it with the the end of the gohei in its jaw; or even better where its jaw connects to its skull if we can swing it, until it lets go or we get the feeling it's not doing anything.

> You beat the fish over and over again with your gohei, even managing to get a few hits on its jaw.  Now that it's closer you see that it has more than two eyes, many of which have already been damaged.
> After half a dozen or so hits, the fish loses its grip on your leg.  It reels back, taking chunks of your flesh when its teeth disconnect.  It flips over in the water and charges at you from the left.

> _

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #941 on: October 04, 2013, 02:52:07 AM »
>how much blood have we lost at this point?
>Counter with danmaku while dodging.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #942 on: October 04, 2013, 02:55:57 AM »
>how much blood have we lost at this point?
>Counter with danmaku while dodging.

> You're already losing a lot from your arm and leg.  You can smell it in the water, and it's making you feel faint.
> Regardless, you meet the fish halfway with a shower of danmaku before springing back.  The fish swings its tail too late and is sent flying back into the wall with a loud thud.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #943 on: October 04, 2013, 02:58:02 AM »
>Is it still moving? If so, send another wave at it.  If not, take a moment to gather our wits and observe it to make sure it's going to stay not moving.
>Does this look like anything we saw in Koishi's book? (RIP)

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #944 on: October 04, 2013, 03:06:45 AM »
>Is it still moving? If so, send another wave at it.  If not, take a moment to gather our wits and observe it to make sure it's going to stay not moving.
>Does this look like anything we saw in Koishi's book? (RIP)

> You pause to see if it's moving.  It twitches, and you shoot it down with danmaku until it stops.
> You have never seen anything like this, not in Koishi's book (you briefly lament the water damage it sustained).  It appears to have the head and arms of a humanoid, but that's where the similarities end.  Its torso is covered in scaly armor and, as you noted earlier, its face is covered in eyes.  It had an abnormally large mouth with multiple rows of teeth and god knows what else in there.  At a glance, it even looks like it has hair, but it doesn't appear to be anything you recognize.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #945 on: October 04, 2013, 03:18:24 AM »
>"You...are so lucky I have that tea set..."
>Did we even glimpse anything like this earlier?
>How long do we expect it to stay down?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #946 on: October 04, 2013, 03:26:19 AM »
>have we lost a ton of blood?

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #947 on: October 04, 2013, 03:35:05 AM »
>"You...are so lucky I have that tea set..."
>Did we even glimpse anything like this earlier?
>How long do we expect it to stay down?

> You express your gratitude for the tea set.  The fish has nothing to add.
> You think the tail you saw in the kiln room belonged to this fish, but aside from that, never.
> You watch it and wonder how long it will stay down.  It's moving weakly, but you wouldn't be surprised if it was raring to go within the next few minutes.  After all, it was more than willing to make contact with you even after you shot needles into its mouth.

>have we lost a ton of blood?

> It certainly feels that way!

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #948 on: October 04, 2013, 03:47:19 AM »
>"Well say something for yourself!"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #949 on: October 04, 2013, 10:54:02 AM »
>"Well say something for yourself!"

> The fish, previously twitching on the floor, springs to life at the sound of your voice and lunges at you again.

> _

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #950 on: October 04, 2013, 12:21:34 PM »
>God this thing is resilient!
>Dodge while blasting danmaku.
>Contemplate, but don't actually do, taking out the Yin-Yang orb and using it to drill our adversary's face in.

« Reply #951 on: October 04, 2013, 01:41:56 PM »
Hm. What are the downsides to using the yin-yang orb in this situation? also, ow

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #952 on: October 04, 2013, 03:15:53 PM »
>God this thing is resilient!
>Dodge while blasting danmaku.
>Contemplate, but don't actually do, taking out the Yin-Yang orb and using it to drill our adversary's face in.

> Why won't it just stay down?
> You leap out of the way and counter with a blast of danmaku.  You manage to dodge the fish, but your danmaku is poorly-aimed and doesn't hit.
> You consider just using the yin yang orb to put an end to this.  This technically isn't a spell card duel, since your opponent has fired nary a bullet, so using the orb wouldn't be uncalled for.  However, it's not something you can just pull out all willy nilly.
> As you're thinking, the fish smashes its tail into the wall.  Your vision is obscured by a cloud of debris.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #953 on: October 04, 2013, 03:26:23 PM »
Hey gang, here's some advice. Don't just say "dodge!", that's a nigh useless command to a parser. Instead, go into details about how you're going to dodge. Are you going to back away, duck under it, go over it, try to sidestep? Put some thought into what you're going to do, it's how you gain a tactical advantage and it gives the parser more stuff to work with and thus makes replying easier on them.

Same thing with with attacking, especially something like danmaku which has countless permutations.

>Have we been able to identify where it's vulnerable points are via try and error at this point?
>Also, while it has pinchers, does it have anything like feet or other appendages?
>Do we have room to back away from the debris without pinning ourself in the hallway?

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #954 on: October 04, 2013, 03:35:13 PM »
>Have we been able to identify where it's vulnerable points are via try and error at this point?
>Also, while it has pinchers, does it have anything like feet or other appendages?
>Do we have room to back away from the debris without pinning ourself in the hallway?

> So far, its torso and tail are no-go.  Not only is the torso armored, but you've seen its tail used as a shield against danmaku.  Your best bets that you know of at this point are its eyes and mouth.
> The fish has no feet.  It has two arms and hands, but its lower body is a long silver tail with a fin at the end.
> You're a hair's breadth away from having your back to the wall.  You must have ended up there while you were trying to shake off the fish.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #955 on: October 04, 2013, 06:58:51 PM »
>From what we can tell without taking time to check, how much space do we have to the left and right, as well as above and below.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #956 on: October 04, 2013, 07:07:18 PM »
>From what we can tell without taking time to check, how much space do we have to the left and right, as well as above and below.

> You are at floor level, so you have just as much space above you as you would if you were walking normally through the house.  There is not much space between your feet and the floor.  You last spotted the fish on your left, so you wouldn't be able to go far without running into it.  You are unsure about your right.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #957 on: October 04, 2013, 07:17:15 PM »
>Toss some large, speedy danmaku into the dust in a wave, and glance right very quickly.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #958 on: October 04, 2013, 07:44:29 PM »
>Toss some large, speedy danmaku into the dust in a wave, and glance right very quickly.

> You fire a wave of large bullets around you for cover and look right.  It's the side of the hall where you discovered the empty room, and you don't see the fish there.
> The sound of bullets whacking against something solid comes from your left.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #959 on: October 04, 2013, 08:13:57 PM »
>Move into that right hall, and keep the waves of bullets coming; going high, low, and middling in no real pattern.