Author Topic: Still Chen's Day Out! =^_^=  (Read 169821 times)

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
Re: Still Chen's Day Out! =^_^=
« Reply #150 on: January 23, 2010, 02:14:42 AM »
> "Mokou, meet Land Shark. Land Shark, meet Mokou. Do your thing Mokou."

Mokou grins and flexes her arm. "With pleasure, Chen my dear."

The next few minutes are undoubtedly pain for the Land Shark. You did not know sharks could burn or bend like that.

You figure Mokou hasn't had an opponent that doesn't get up from fatal wounds in a long time, as shes confused when the shark explodes.

You think you can feel the contract for the shark now. Its pretty clear now that it's in recovery mode, and its in this room alright.

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #151 on: January 23, 2010, 02:20:04 AM »
> Track down the contract item in this room with you familiar senses, Sherlock Holmes style. Call Mokou Watson whenever she asks something just for the hell of it.
> If the item is found on a person, yell 'the culprit has been revealed' in an over the top fashion.

Chaore

« Reply #152 on: January 23, 2010, 02:24:07 AM »
> Track down the contract item in this room with you familiar senses, Sherlock Holmes style. Call Mokou Watson whenever she asks something just for the hell of it.
> If the item is found on a person, yell 'the culprit has been revealed' in an over the top fashion.

You figure its from the water.

...Hmm. Well. I suppose that would probably have made sense.

But why would it be guarding it's own contract item?

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #153 on: January 23, 2010, 02:30:18 AM »
> Is the water polluted? If not, search for it.  If it is polluted explain the dilemma to Yamame, Kisume, and Mokou.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Chaore

« Reply #154 on: January 23, 2010, 02:33:43 AM »
> Is the water polluted? If not, search for it.  If it is polluted explain the dilemma to Yamame, Kisume, and Mokou.

Well. It certainly seems to be the same terrible shade of polluted disgustingness the lake has.

You don't know why else it would be that color. You explain the contract item's location to the three.

"Poison or not, I can't seem to mess with this poison..." "Kisume no like poison!" "Immortal I may be, But hell if I am even -touching- that. I don't like water in general, but that is just disgusting..."

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #155 on: January 23, 2010, 02:46:49 AM »
> "Aw dammit.  At this rate Jaws is just gonna keep coming back..."

Chaore

« Reply #156 on: January 23, 2010, 03:49:54 AM »
> "Aw dammit.  At this rate Jaws is just gonna keep coming back..."

"I'll just slam 'em into the ground again! ...Wait, I'm supposed to be at the shrine, aren't I?"

You need to think of a way to get that contract item. You swear you have all the pieces here. You should just put them together.

Xijiy

• What a purrfect post
« Reply #157 on: January 23, 2010, 05:28:40 AM »
> Mokou can control fire right? Why don't we get her to try and evaporate the water.
> If that's doesn't work do we still have that empty bottle? We could use some of the webbing from the spiders as a make-shift rope and use it to get some of the water out/fish for the contract.
> Also, can we get a quick update on what we can accomplish with our BLACK MAGIC.

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #158 on: January 23, 2010, 09:15:18 AM »
> Mokou can control fire right? Why don't we get her to try and evaporate the water.

> Yeah, this. The only problem I can think of is we might cause a poisonous mist whilst this is happening. To stop this:
> As the spiders to weave a dense web over the pool - as dense as they reasonably can, and in several layers - suspended in such a way that the web is directly over the water, yet still allowing access to the water.
> Also have the spiders weave two flaps of web over the entrance to this chamber to act as a makeshift airlock.
> Mokou then directly heats the rock around the pool, letting the water boil. Hopefully, the layers of webbing through which the vapour will pass will serve as a filter for the poison. The tell-tale sign will be the webbing turning the same colour as the water. If it doesn't, tell Mokou to get out of there. This whole process will take some time, ask if Mokou is okay with it.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #159 on: January 23, 2010, 01:54:26 PM »
> Re-summon the rabbit to check if its awake now.

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #160 on: January 23, 2010, 02:02:25 PM »
> "....say, Kisume, how many buckets do you have in total? I think I have a purpose for them."
> If Kisume has quite alot, gather all the spiders in a long row reaching from the pool to the endless pit. Let the spiders at the pool fill the buckets with the foul water, and then let them pass the buckets on to the next spider. And the next. And the next. And the next until the buckets reach the endless pit where the foul water can be dumped in. It'll take some time, but it's like the old fashioned way of dousing fires. It'll eventually work and remove all the filth.

EDIT: Also, this way there is no risk of poisonous fumes filling the caves.

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #161 on: January 23, 2010, 02:28:19 PM »
> Oh, sure, bucket chain works too, and could be faster. But this voice totally claims that the poisonous fumes would have been well-contained.

Chen

• Ruined my own appeal by being a dumbass
« Reply #162 on: January 23, 2010, 03:22:17 PM »
>Get Wriggle.
You'll need her help.

Chaore

« Reply #163 on: January 23, 2010, 04:52:26 PM »
> If that's doesn't work do we still have that empty bottle? We could use some of the webbing from the spiders as a make-shift rope and use it to get some of the water out/fish for the contract.
> Also, can we get a quick update on what we can accomplish with our BLACK MAGIC.

You're not actually sure how Mokou does all her fire crap, but you think she could.

You can also essentially swap places very fast, its just essentially a single trick. You really need to learn something better, but all those other 'BLACK MAGIC' just don't seem to fit...

> Yeah, this. The only problem I can think of is we might cause a poisonous mist whilst this is happening. To stop this:
> As the spiders to weave a dense web over the pool - as dense as they reasonably can, and in several layers - suspended in such a way that the web is directly over the water, yet still allowing access to the water.
> Also have the spiders weave two flaps of web over the entrance to this chamber to act as a makeshift airlock.
> Mokou then directly heats the rock around the pool, letting the water boil. Hopefully, the layers of webbing through which the vapour will pass will serve as a filter for the poison. The tell-tale sign will be the webbing turning the same colour as the water. If it doesn't, tell Mokou to get out of there. This whole process will take some time, ask if Mokou is okay with it.

You contemplate using webbing as a filter.

> Re-summon the rabbit to check if its awake now.

In the meantime, you summon the Green Cottontail from the Familiar Jade, everyone looks confused at the thing.

"Oh, You got another Familiar already, Chen?" "Yay! Bunny!" "I think that is a cottontail actually... don't ask, Keine made me learn this stuff..."

The Cottontail is still asleep.

> "....say, Kisume, how many buckets do you have in total? I think I have a purpose for them."
> If Kisume has quite alot, gather all the spiders in a long row reaching from the pool to the endless pit. Let the spiders at the pool fill the buckets with the foul water, and then let them pass the buckets on to the next spider. And the next. And the next. And the next until the buckets reach the endless pit where the foul water can be dumped in. It'll take some time, but it's like the old fashioned way of dousing fires. It'll eventually work and remove all the filth.

EDIT: Also, this way there is no risk of poisonous fumes filling the caves.

You decide you didn't do well enough with those sciencey things to tell if the filter would work well. You opt to ask about using a bucket.

"I've got lotsa buckets!" "I don't think it's acidic per se, so it probably should work..."

>Get Wriggle.
You'll need her help.

You contemplate getting wriggle, but how would that help?

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #164 on: January 23, 2010, 05:29:05 PM »
> Pitch the bucket plan to all present.
> If its a go, commence water-removal.

Chaore

« Reply #165 on: January 23, 2010, 05:38:43 PM »
> Pitch the bucket plan to all present.
> If its a go, commence water-removal.

You pitch the bucket plan to everyone present. They all agree it sounds like it'd work, but only if you fished for the contract.

Kisume and Yamame head off and come back with a bucket in chain, and the fishing begins.

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #166 on: January 23, 2010, 06:43:54 PM »
> While all the spiders continue the bucket, let Mokou guard around the pool, incase the shark revives. She must be ready to take action as soon as possible, destroying the shark immediatly upon respawning. Meanwhile, you can help the spiders with Roc. Let Roc carry multiple or large buckets to the pit through flight. Kisume obviously provides the buckets and helps out too with the draining.

Chaore

« Reply #167 on: January 23, 2010, 06:45:59 PM »
> While all the spiders continue the bucket, let Mokou guard around the pool, incase the shark revives. She must be ready to take action as soon as possible, destroying the shark immediatly upon respawning. Meanwhile, you can help the spiders with Roc. Let Roc carry multiple or large buckets to the pit through flight. Kisume obviously provides the buckets and helps out too with the draining.

You actually try removing water from the pool. Like the spray off the rock blocking the steam out of the room, It gets pulled back to the pool.

Seems like you're stuck with fishing.

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #168 on: January 23, 2010, 06:49:39 PM »
> *sigh* Well, get a large stick (or use Nyamune) and attach the Length Band to it. Bind a bucket to the Length Band and start fishing.

Xijiy

• What a purrfect post
« Reply #169 on: January 23, 2010, 06:51:10 PM »
> It looks like we'll need a miracle to find the contract in all this water. So check if froggy pin is charged once more. If so use it. To find the item quickly.
> Also wouldn't it be a bit easier if we use the spider webbing as a big net and use the buckets as weights. We could use it as a fishing net like all those fishermans do.

Chaore

« Reply #170 on: January 23, 2010, 07:33:26 PM »
> *sigh* Well, get a large stick (or use Nyamune) and attach the Length Band to it. Bind a bucket to the Length Band and start fishing.

You try using the length band, but it doesn't really work. It works live a rubber band past a good length, so you need good force pulling it down...

Essentially, Its a rubber band that never snaps.

> It looks like we'll need a miracle to find the contract in all this water. So check if froggy pin is charged once more. If so use it. To find the item quickly.
> Also wouldn't it be a bit easier if we use the spider webbing as a big net and use the buckets as weights. We could use it as a fishing net like all those fishermans do.

You'd certainly say it'd take one, But unfortunately it seems like the frog pin is a one miracle thing- It probably can't do much more than save you.

You could, But you're not sure if saturated webbing would do well in the pool.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 07:38:09 PM by CHAOS »

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #171 on: January 23, 2010, 07:46:26 PM »
> Well, looks like Fightest's plan is the way to go. Let's get to work on that filter.

Chaore

« Reply #172 on: January 23, 2010, 07:55:44 PM »
> Well, looks like Fightest's plan is the way to go. Let's get to work on that filter.

You decide it is time to change the plan. You pitch the idea of making a filter, and everyone starts working on the webbing. You're not quite sure if it'll work, but the theory seems fine enough.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #173 on: January 23, 2010, 08:18:53 PM »
>Be sure to have a good evac route ready, just in case.

Chaore

« Reply #174 on: January 23, 2010, 08:22:19 PM »
>Be sure to have a good evac route ready, just in case.

You're sure you can come up with a good evac route.

In the mean time, it appears the Green Cottontail is stirring. About time, the lazy bastard.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #175 on: January 23, 2010, 08:28:16 PM »
> "'Bout time you woke up.  I believe introductions are in order."

Chaore

« Reply #176 on: January 23, 2010, 08:34:59 PM »
> "'Bout time you woke up.  I believe introductions are in order."

The WHITE RABBIT opens a single eye and looks in your direction. "Ah. I should've guessed that was where all the noise was from. I suppose you called me, then."

Mokou looks alarmed. "Uh. Guys? The rabbit just changed color."

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #177 on: January 23, 2010, 08:44:38 PM »
> "Yeah that's been bugging me.  Why exactly do you keep changing colour?"

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #178 on: January 23, 2010, 08:46:39 PM »
> "Also, what's your name? Constantly calling you <*insert color* *insert alternative term for rabbit*> will get rather confusing."
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 08:52:28 PM by OkashiiNaito »

Chaore

« Reply #179 on: January 23, 2010, 08:52:37 PM »
> "Yeah that's been bugging me.  Why exactly do you keep changing colour?"

You start to ask this, but you don't know why. Poor Mokou must be delusional.

"I'm serious. That thing was green a second ago!"

> "Also, what's your name? Or is it really <*insert color* *insert alternative term for rabbit*>?"

"Mmm? 'Course I have a name. Its just unpronounceable in seventy-nine different tongues."

"That isn't even a feasible amount of languages!" "Pfft, Like human languages are the only kind."