Author Topic: JoJo's Bizarre Grail War - A Fate/Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 211647 times)

Re: JoJo's Bizarre Grail War - A Fate/Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #690 on: August 16, 2017, 01:08:40 AM »
>Continue heading north in this manner for so long as the police car is in the immediate vicinity and neither of us catches sight of the death limo

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #691 on: August 16, 2017, 01:14:11 AM »
>Continue heading north in this manner for so long as the police car is in the immediate vicinity and neither of us catches sight of the death limo

>You are not able to head north in the manner, you reached the end of the block and these houses are going from east to west. That said, you don't see any signs of the limousine from your spot behind this house.

>_

« Reply #692 on: August 16, 2017, 01:42:04 AM »
>Do we have any idea whether east or west leads to a northbound road more directly? If not, ask Archer to see if she can tell from a rooftop and then let's head that way

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #693 on: August 16, 2017, 02:19:09 AM »
>Do we have any idea whether east or west leads to a northbound road more directly? If not, ask Archer to see if she can tell from a rooftop and then let's head that way

>You do not.
>You ask Archer, and while you don't see her leap up onto the roof you swear that you can feel it.
>"East takes us closer," Archer sends after a moment. "One of those cars with the lights is that way, too."

>_

« Reply #694 on: August 16, 2017, 05:51:12 PM »
>Still no sign of Koch, I assume.
>Assuming not, let's creep East, then North again, using Archer to scout and ensure we don't get noticed by the police

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #695 on: August 16, 2017, 06:41:25 PM »
>Still no sign of Koch, I assume.
>Assuming not, let's creep East, then North again, using Archer to scout and ensure we don't get noticed by the police

>"Nope," Archer sends. "I'll tell you if I see him."
>Without archer carrying you, the going is much slower. You can jog across yards just fine, but you don't quite have Archer's talent for smoothly dodging around things or vaulting over fences. Especially fences; you have to climb over several of them, and it is slow and unpleasant going.
>You think you're within three houses of the end of the block when Archer's voice comes to you. "It's Rider," she says. "They're stopped by one of those police cars."

>_

« Reply #696 on: August 16, 2017, 08:04:39 PM »
>Tell me what they're saying.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #697 on: August 16, 2017, 08:12:07 PM »
>Tell me what they're saying.

>"I'd need to get closer, okay," Archer sends.

>_

« Reply #698 on: August 16, 2017, 11:07:20 PM »
>Go on.
>And keep approaching ourselves, such that it's safe

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #699 on: August 16, 2017, 11:19:27 PM »
>Go on.
>And keep approaching ourselves, such that it's safe

>You keep moving along at your own pace. Nothing has stood out as dangerous yet.
>"Hm, their vehicle's back to normal," Archer sends. "None of those prongs on the front or different wheels or anything. The front window is down, the driver is talking to the constable... I can't hear them yet, but he gave the constable a card of some kind, and I think some money? It seems like they're exchanging pleasantries?"

>_

« Reply #700 on: August 17, 2017, 01:35:30 AM »
>The money's probably a bribe. Would be pocket change to Koch.
>You say the window's down? Do you have a shot on the driver?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #701 on: August 17, 2017, 01:40:29 AM »
>The money's probably a bribe. Would be pocket change to Koch.
>You say the window's down? Do you have a shot on the driver?

>"I do," says Archer. "He's an older man, clean-shaven. Not quite as old as the bastard in back was. I think his style is a bit more dated, but he's really well dressed, too."

>_

The ⑨th Zentillion

• The impeaches were delicious...
  • Now hungry for conviction!
    • Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #702 on: August 17, 2017, 02:10:20 AM »
>Sounds like the smarmy, rich basterd has a smarmy rich bastard for a Servant. No irony there at all.
>How dated? Like last hundred years dated or last thousand-plus?
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Smash the Fash; The far right belongs in the TRASH.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #703 on: August 17, 2017, 02:36:38 AM »
>Sounds like the smarmy, rich basterd has a smarmy rich bastard for a Servant. No irony there at all.
>How dated? Like last hundred years dated or last thousand-plus?

>Fitting.
>"It's similar-looking, just it seems a bit older," Archer sends. "So probably last hundred?"

>_

« Reply #704 on: August 17, 2017, 03:19:38 AM »
I still can't decide whether this is daring or just foolish, but I'm seriously considering just having Archer shoot him right now - even with a police officer talking to him. Sure, he'll be a witness to someone shooting an apparently-normal person with an arrow and that's certain to put the police on alert, but I don't know how that could actually be traced back to us. Even if they somehow apprehend us as a suspect, we don't own a bow and have probably never shot one, have no known connection to the person being shot, no criminal history, etc, etc. It would be nice to wait until there weren't witnesses, but it seems a shame to pass up finally having a shot without this arrowproof glass in the way.

Of course, I wouldn't put it pass the arrow not accomplishing anything. Rider detecting the attack and putting the windows up in time or some kind of property of the noble phantasm that keeps people inside the car safe (which could explain why Koch was so calm earlier). Which means this might just create new problems without solving any old ones, but I still feel pretty tempted. Thoughts?

Though now that I think about it....

>To a non-magical observer, would Archers arrows pass for mundane projectiles or would there be something undeniably supernatural to their appearance?
>Revealing the presence of magic to non-magi is taboo, but does that extend to civilians witnessing magical acts that are capable of being passed off as mundane (if highly unusual) ones?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #705 on: August 17, 2017, 03:24:32 AM »
>To a non-magical observer, would Archers arrows pass for mundane projectiles or would there be something undeniably supernatural to their appearance?
>Revealing the presence of magic to non-magi is taboo, but does that extend to civilians witnessing magical acts that are capable of being passed off as mundane (if highly unusual) ones?

>You think they would just look like normal arrows.
>This is the grayest of gray areas and everyone has their opinion. The best answer is: Don't let the Magic Association catch you doing it, or the occult underground know you have a reputation for it.

>_

« Reply #706 on: August 17, 2017, 03:37:56 AM »
>And would having Archer shoot someone in view of a civilian fall firmly within the realm of things the Magic Association really ought not to know about? If is dark, after all, so it could easily have been some crazy sniper dude in the bushes or something.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #707 on: August 17, 2017, 03:41:41 AM »
>And would having Archer shoot someone in view of a civilian fall firmly within the realm of things the Magic Association really ought not to know about? If is dark, after all, so it could easily have been some crazy sniper dude in the bushes or something.

>This is the grayest of gray areas. Everyone has their own opinion. You imagine that's the kind of cover-up they would go for if needed, at least.

>_

« Reply #708 on: August 17, 2017, 03:58:00 AM »
>If you have a shot on the driver, take it. I'd rather there wasn't someone watching, but I don't know we can afford to pass this up regardless.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #709 on: August 17, 2017, 03:58:55 AM »
>If you have a shot on the driver, take it. I'd rather there wasn't someone watching, but I don't know we can afford to pass this up regardless.

>"I'm going to try and poison him, alright?" Archer sends back.

>_

« Reply #710 on: August 17, 2017, 03:59:34 AM »
>Yes.

The ⑨th Zentillion

• The impeaches were delicious...
  • Now hungry for conviction!
    • Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #711 on: August 17, 2017, 04:01:03 AM »
>Sounds good, especially if it winds up not being a killshot, Take the shot, Archer!
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Smash the Fash; The far right belongs in the TRASH.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #712 on: August 17, 2017, 04:02:56 AM »
>Yes.
>Sounds good, especially if it winds up not being a killshot, Take the shot, Archer!

>Archer goes silent. The air is tense, your stomach is doing acrobatics that you have never dreamed possible. So much could go wrong....
>"Right in the shoulder!" Archer sends. "He jerked away at the last moment, but not fast enou-What the!? Lily, we got to go! I'm coming back!"

>_

« Reply #713 on: August 17, 2017, 04:03:47 AM »
>What's wrong?!

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #714 on: August 17, 2017, 04:05:45 AM »
>What's wrong?!

>"He just drug that constable through the window, and took off!" Archer sends. "I don't know what they're up to, but stay hidden! I'm sure he's feeling the poison now, though!"

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #715 on: August 17, 2017, 04:08:12 AM »
> Stay hidden.
> I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.

« Reply #716 on: August 17, 2017, 04:08:51 AM »
>Through the window?! They kidnapped him? What direction did they go?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #717 on: August 17, 2017, 04:12:13 AM »
> Stay hidden.
> I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.

>You do not move.
>You do your best to keep calm, but oh god so much might be going wrong now. They took the cop!? What happens when his empty car is found...?

>Through the window?! They kidnapped him? What direction did they go?

>"They're northeast of you now," Archer sends. "And yes, just grabbed him by the lapels and drug him through! And I am pretty sure I heard screams!"

>_

« Reply #718 on: August 17, 2017, 04:15:23 AM »
>Fuck, fuck! Oh god, if they kill him because of this, I-
>No, panic later. Still need to stay focused
>Would that direction mean the car is moving towards us or away from us?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #719 on: August 17, 2017, 04:50:44 AM »
>Fuck, fuck! Oh god, if they kill him because of this, I-
>No, panic later. Still need to stay focused
>Would that direction mean the car is moving towards us or away from us?

>"I don't know!" says Archer. "They might have to buy time!"
>You try to stay focused. It's hard not to panic, but the idea that you're in renewed direct danger helps!
>Somewhat toward you, but not directly. But if they happen to turn south at the right street...

>_