Author Topic: JoJo's Bizarre Grail War - A Fate/Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 211717 times)

Re: JoJo's Bizarre Grail War - A Fate/Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #540 on: August 01, 2017, 11:09:30 PM »
>Keep working on that window. And don't let them take the blockage out of the tailpipe, if you can help it; if they're corporeal enough to touch it, they might be corporeal enough to shoot. And just... if anything else changes, let me know. I'm afraid ghosts are a little outside my domain.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #541 on: August 01, 2017, 11:12:10 PM »
>Keep working on that window. And don't let them take the blockage out of the tailpipe, if you can help it; if they're corporeal enough to touch it, they might be corporeal enough to shoot. And just... if anything else changes, let me know. I'm afraid ghosts are a little outside my domain.

>"Got it," Archer sends. "They're doing something with the wheels and the front. The...Wait, someone just spoke! I think it's Rider! ...He's a good match with that Charles Guy, I'll say that much."

>_

« Reply #542 on: August 01, 2017, 11:14:38 PM »
>Like-minded. you mean?

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
  • For all of my life... A stranger I remain.
« Reply #543 on: August 01, 2017, 11:18:25 PM »
> Oh, and how the machines look like?
ALL HAIL PROPOSALING-SAMA. SURPRISE FOR HIM.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #544 on: August 01, 2017, 11:20:59 PM »
>Like-minded. you mean?

>"He called us poison mushrooms," Archer sends. "Something about how we're hiding among the garden of society. I think he's gloating? It's hard to tell."

> Oh, and how the machines look like?

>"Big," she sends, "Modern. I don't really get what they're doing. The ghosts are swarming the car. ...Ah hell, one of them found the clay! I shot it, but my arrow just went through it. Which doesn't feel right... Maybe they aren't real ghosts?"

>_

« Reply #545 on: August 01, 2017, 11:28:18 PM »
>Does it look like you were making any progress on that window or do we need a new plan?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #546 on: August 01, 2017, 11:36:07 PM »
>Does it look like you were making any progress on that window or do we need a new plan?

>"The pit on it is makes it look like someone punched it," Archer sends. "But I think it needs more work. Oh, it's started again! And I think the ghosts and their machines are leaving."

>_

« Reply #547 on: August 01, 2017, 11:56:27 PM »
I really feel like there has to be something better we can do to take advantage of this situation, but if I can figure out what it is. I mean, shooting the windows might work eventually, but they're going to be moving again in a moment. I can't think of anything else obvious to have her aim at that we haven't tried and could describe from here. Like, there might be something vital on the underside, but what are the odds of hitting the right part with an arrow if we don't even know what to tell her to aim at?

The ⑨th Zentillion

• The impeaches were delicious...
  • Now hungry for conviction!
    • Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #548 on: August 02, 2017, 12:07:47 AM »
//I mean there's one insanely stupid thing we could try......... but do we really need to wind up dealing with two Servants at once if it backfires?
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Smash the Fash; The far right belongs in the TRASH.

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #549 on: August 02, 2017, 12:18:36 AM »
//I mean there's one insanely stupid thing we could try......... but do we really need to wind up dealing with two Servants at once if it backfires?

(Something tells me we ain't gonna matador him into the fog, even. Unless Koch is brainless, which is possible, but.)

« Reply #550 on: August 02, 2017, 03:15:04 AM »
>Could you just... stick the clay back in if the ghosts are moving off?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #551 on: August 02, 2017, 03:20:59 AM »
>Could you just... stick the clay back in if the ghosts are moving off?

>"Maybe?" Archer sends. "Not right now, though!"
>A moment later she sends, "They tried to back over me. Or...maybe not? They're going backwards down the street. I'm not sure if they saw me or not."

>_

« Reply #552 on: August 02, 2017, 03:26:47 AM »
>Maybe they were just guessing you'd be there? I mean, trying to plug it back up probably seems logical. Keep tailing them, just... not so close as to risk getting run over. And take the clay with you.
>Is the car close enough that we can actually hear it moving?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #553 on: August 02, 2017, 03:33:11 AM »
>Maybe they were just guessing you'd be there? I mean, trying to plug it back up probably seems logical. Keep tailing them, just... not so close as to risk getting run over. And take the clay with you.
>Is the car close enough that we can actually hear it moving?

>"I'm on it," Archer sends. "So, the wheels look different now. I don't know if it means anything, though."
>You cannot. But you also didn't hear it when it nearly ran you down the first time so this may not mean anything.

>_

« Reply #554 on: August 02, 2017, 03:42:46 AM »
>Different how?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #555 on: August 02, 2017, 03:45:30 AM »
>Different how?

>"They're shaped different, heavier-looking, The things in the front are different." she sends. "They're turning down, and going down a street parallel to the one you're on, just to the north of you."

>_

« Reply #556 on: August 02, 2017, 03:52:33 AM »
>Keep following. If they turn down this way, I'll try to have a surprise ready for then.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #557 on: August 02, 2017, 03:55:19 AM »
>Keep following. If they turn down this way, I'll try to have a surprise ready for then.

>"They're going to get close, at any rate," Archer sends. "Be ready. I think they're speeding up a little bit. I'm getting back to you."

>_

« Reply #558 on: August 02, 2017, 04:06:43 AM »
>Okay.
>Let's estimate the stretch of street that they'd most directly cross to reach the yard here and use Forbidden Zone to make a nice slightly-larger-than-limo sinkhole, still covered over by a thin layer of ground - enough to support a person but not a car. Even better, if we can manage it - don't completely hollow the space beneath that part of the road, but leave a few nice spikes of rock for the limo to skewer itself upon if it falls into it.
>And inform Archer of the spot we're putting it

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #559 on: August 02, 2017, 04:18:26 AM »
>Okay.
>Let's estimate the stretch of street that they'd most directly cross to reach the yard here and use Forbidden Zone to make a nice slightly-larger-than-limo sinkhole, still covered over by a thin layer of ground - enough to support a person but not a car. Even better, if we can manage it - don't completely hollow the space beneath that part of the road, but leave a few nice spikes of rock for the limo to skewer itself upon if it falls into it.
>And inform Archer of the spot we're putting it

>You cast the spell and set to work shaping it. It comes easily to you, but trying to focus it all into a single sinkhole is difficult; the spell wants to blossom out and create a number of small hazards on the surface.  It's also irksome that you can't see it actually working.
>"They're speeding up!" Archer sends, which absolutely does not help your concentration. "They found you, they must've! Run!"

>_

« Reply #560 on: August 02, 2017, 04:24:31 AM »
>Need a moment! Get here first!
>Try to work fast! If we've got to pour ourselves into a spell, now's the time. Trust in Archer - but bail the moment we think we've accomplished enough or know that we won't be able to do any more in time.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #561 on: August 02, 2017, 04:31:20 AM »
>Need a moment! Get here first!
>Try to work fast! If we've got to pour ourselves into a spell, now's the time. Trust in Archer - but bail the moment we think we've accomplished enough or know that we won't be able to do any more in time.

>"Can't!" Archer sends.

>_

« Reply #562 on: August 02, 2017, 04:33:02 AM »
>How much work do we think we've already accomplished on this and how long would it probably take us to finish?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #563 on: August 02, 2017, 04:33:35 AM »
>How much work do we think we've already accomplished on this and how long would it probably take us to finish?

>Who knows? You can't see it. It feels...about half done at best?

>_

« Reply #564 on: August 02, 2017, 04:35:52 AM »
>How far away are we from that pile of cinder blocks?
>Does concentrating on the spell keep us from being able to keep an eye out for the limo?
>Are we visible from the street here?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #565 on: August 02, 2017, 04:39:19 AM »
>How far away are we from that pile of cinder blocks?
>Does concentrating on the spell keep us from being able to keep an eye out for the limo?
>Are we visible from the street here?

>You are reasonably close to it.
>You can do both things, but the spell will suffer for it.
>You have no idea. But you can certainly see the street a little bit from where you are at, and you definitely saw those cinder blocks from the street.

>_

« Reply #566 on: August 02, 2017, 04:56:23 AM »
>Well, we can't afford to not keep an eye out for the car here. Try to hurry up and finish quickly, even if that means more mana consumption, but break off as soon as we catch sight of the car coming our way (unless we're JUST about to finish) and try to put the sinkhole between it and us as we run towards the cinder blocks

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #567 on: August 02, 2017, 05:01:25 AM »
>Well, we can't afford to not keep an eye out for the car here. Try to hurry up and finish quickly, even if that means more mana consumption, but break off as soon as we catch sight of the car coming our way (unless we're JUST about to finish) and try to put the sinkhole between it and us as we run towards the cinder blocks

>You try to finish as quickly as you can when you suddenly see it hurtling over the roof of a house from the northwest! "It's coming!" Archer sends, a bit too late.

>_

« Reply #568 on: August 02, 2017, 05:06:26 AM »
>Where does that place it in relation to us, this sinkhole, the cinder blocks, and any nearby house cover?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #569 on: August 02, 2017, 02:20:24 PM »
>Where does that place it in relation to us, this sinkhole, the cinder blocks, and any nearby house cover?

>It really comes down to where it is going to land, which you are aren't sure of yet. That would take a moment of watching to figure out its trajectory.

>_