Author Topic: JoJo's Bizarre Grail War - A Fate/Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 211612 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: JoJo's Bizarre Grail War - A Fate/Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #510 on: August 01, 2017, 01:27:59 AM »
>Do we actually have any specific knowledge of points in a car particularly vulnerable to physical damage like this?

>You are not and automotive person, buuuuut! You know there's all kinds of hoses in the engine that are bad to sever. And there's the fuel line thing you mentioned beforehand. There's probably other ways, if you are creative.

>_

« Reply #511 on: August 01, 2017, 01:38:05 AM »
>I'm no expert on cars, but all the most critical parts that make the car run should be under the hood - inside that bump at the front of the car - though I don't know how well you could get through the metal on top of it. If you could block the pipe coming out the back of the car, that should also cause it real trouble. Aside from that, I'd think the wheels were the most vulnerable exposed thing if you hadn't already tried that.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #512 on: August 01, 2017, 01:44:46 AM »
>I'm no expert on cars, but all the most critical parts that make the car run should be under the hood - inside that bump at the front of the car - though I don't know how well you could get through the metal on top of it. If you could block the pipe coming out the back of the car, that should also cause it real trouble. Aside from that, I'd think the wheels were the most vulnerable exposed thing if you hadn't already tried that.

>"Maybe I could do that, if you can get me something to block it with?" Archer sends.

>_

« Reply #513 on: August 01, 2017, 03:35:28 AM »
>Is there anything we can see nearby that is a suitable size/shape/composition to attempt this?
>Barring that, could our earth conjuration create one of the appropriate attributes?
>Might it be more mana-efficient to use Forbidden Zone to create such an object from the earth and then break it off than conjuring it in the first place? Conjuration was noted as being mana-intensive, after all

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #514 on: August 01, 2017, 03:39:01 AM »
>Is there anything we can see nearby that is a suitable size/shape/composition to attempt this?
>Barring that, could our earth conjuration create one of the appropriate attributes?
>Might it be more mana-efficient to use Forbidden Zone to create such an object from the earth and then break it off than conjuring it in the first place? Conjuration was noted as being mana-intensive, after all

>Not that you can immediately see...but you've never tried to clog a tailpipe before...
>Maybe you could conjure up a lump of good clay?
>That's hard to say. It...could be? You're not sure if a lump of earth or stone would do it. It was always fruit in that one Eddie Murphy movie...

>_

« Reply #515 on: August 01, 2017, 03:41:33 AM »
>Okay, let's go with the clay and try to make it an appropriate size for whatever tailpipe we saw on the limo - presuming we had time to look
>Then hold it out for Archer, after we've conjured it
>This might work.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #516 on: August 01, 2017, 03:51:55 AM »
>Okay, let's go with the clay and try to make it an appropriate size for whatever tailpipe we saw on the limo - presuming we had time to look
>Then hold it out for Archer, after we've conjured it
>This might work.

>It takes a couple moments, and more concentration than you'd like. The spell seems to almost fight back a little and you have to devote yourself to holding it in place. But it is done, and you can feel parts of your body are somewhat strangely warm now and you have a fist-sized lump of clay in your hand. Your mana has definitely taken a hit, but it helps that you only summoned a little bit. You should still be good.
>It takes a moment before the lump is lifted from your hand. "Okay, so cram this in its tailpipe?" Archer sends. "Do you want me to do this now, or is there some bigger plan to it?"

>_

« Reply #517 on: August 01, 2017, 04:03:55 AM »
>Best-case scenario: that stalls the car, but we'll still need to get at the people inside it. Think you'd have a better chance of breaking the glass if you could hit the same spot repeatedly?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #518 on: August 01, 2017, 04:05:56 AM »
>Best-case scenario: that stalls the car, but we'll still need to get at the people inside it. Think you'd have a better chance of breaking the glass if you could hit the same spot repeatedly?

>"I don't know," she sends. "But it's worth giving a try. What're you going to do?"

>_

« Reply #519 on: August 01, 2017, 04:16:11 AM »
>Give the car a wide berth while you're trying the tailpipe thing; don't want to attract its attention or give you two things to worry about. If that fails and they get a bead on you or me again, I can make the terrain here a bit more inhospitable for it and there's that Wall trick to try.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #520 on: August 01, 2017, 04:23:16 AM »
>Give the car a wide berth while you're trying the tailpipe thing; don't want to attract its attention or give you two things to worry about. If that fails and they get a bead on you or me again, I can make the terrain here a bit more inhospitable for it and there's that Wall trick to try.

>"Call if anything bad happens," Archer sends, as the bit of clay zips off, then soars into the air and onto a roof before vanishing entirely.

>_

« Reply #521 on: August 01, 2017, 04:34:05 AM »
>You too.
>Is there any way we could prepare a Forbidden Zone spell here without actually unleashing it upon the terrain until we decide we're going to want to use it? Like, can we pay some of the time cost upfront without potentially leaving deathtraps for the poor homeowners to find tomorrow morning if we turn out to have no use for them?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #522 on: August 01, 2017, 04:37:04 AM »
>You too.
>Is there any way we could prepare a Forbidden Zone spell here without actually unleashing it upon the terrain until we decide we're going to want to use it? Like, can we pay some of the time cost upfront without potentially leaving deathtraps for the poor homeowners to find tomorrow morning if we turn out to have no use for them?

>"Coming up on it now," Archer's voice echoes in your thoughts. "It's almost straight west of us, now. They have to know they haven't really outflanked us by now."
>You don't think the spell allows for a delay like that.

>_

« Reply #523 on: August 01, 2017, 04:58:45 AM »
>What's directly west of us from here?
>And where is the cinder block pile in relation to that?

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
  • For all of my life... A stranger I remain.
« Reply #524 on: August 01, 2017, 04:59:47 AM »
> Got it. Be wary of anything.
> So the hazards have to be active at the moment the spell is casted? We can't have them in standby? That's troublesome.
> Wait... if that's so, can't we have the spell prepared to be casted, which would unleash the hazards at the moment we want?
> Is there any nearby terrain that doesn't seem used often?
ALL HAIL PROPOSALING-SAMA. SURPRISE FOR HIM.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #525 on: August 01, 2017, 05:05:53 AM »
>What's directly west of us from here?
>And where is the cinder block pile in relation to that?

>Presumably more intersections. You are no more familiar with this area than you were a minute ago.
>The pile is on the western side of the yard, toward the south; where the street you were on previously lies.

> Got it. Be wary of anything.
> So the hazards have to be active at the moment the spell is casted? We can't have them in standby? That's troublesome.
> Wait... if that's so, can't we have the spell prepared to be casted, which would unleash the hazards at the moment we want?
> Is there any nearby terrain that doesn't seem used often?

>Spells generally cannot be precast and left hanging, no. And even if you could, it still takes a few moments for the effects to kick in.
>It seems like the rear portions of the yard, to the north, see less use.
>"Getting closer," Archer sends. "It's not going nearly as fast as you were; they're definitely looking around for us... Closer...closer... Got it! It's in!"

>_

« Reply #526 on: August 01, 2017, 05:26:08 AM »
>Great!
>...does it seem to have done anything?

>Also, I meant west as in 'The things we can currently see in the direction - ie: is the house in that direction and are we concealed from the road in that direction'

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #527 on: August 01, 2017, 02:18:05 PM »
>Great!
>...does it seem to have done anything?

>Also, I meant west as in 'The things we can currently see in the direction - ie: is the house in that direction and are we concealed from the road in that direction'

>To the west are more yards, most of them are surrounded by chain link fences. Here and there you see the odd backyard tree or shed, some have patios or a small porch. Here and there you can see a grill or propane barbecue.
>"Nothing yet..." Archer sends. "Wait, it's starting to make some ugly noises and slow down!"

>_

« Reply #528 on: August 01, 2017, 04:28:06 PM »
>Great! Now give it a sec to see if someone gets out to investigate. If not, try taking advantage of its incapacity to work on one spot on those windows. Koch's, ideally.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #529 on: August 01, 2017, 08:35:54 PM »
>Great! Now give it a sec to see if someone gets out to investigate. If not, try taking advantage of its incapacity to work on one spot on those windows. Koch's, ideally.

>"It's stopped!" Archer sends. "They...aren't getting out. I've drawn back and have a clear shot at the back window."

>_

« Reply #530 on: August 01, 2017, 08:48:50 PM »
>Go for it.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #531 on: August 01, 2017, 09:02:50 PM »
>Go for it.

>"It's...not exactly breaking," Archer sends after a few moments. "But there's a little white spot that's getting worse the more I shoot it."
>A moment later she follows with: "Master...there's suddenly a lot of ghosts here."

>_

« Reply #532 on: August 01, 2017, 09:11:31 PM »
>Ghosts?! Are they coming from the limo or somewhere else?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #533 on: August 01, 2017, 09:14:38 PM »
>Ghosts?! Are they coming from the limo or somewhere else?

>"Ghosts," she says. "They look miserable. And, they seem to be gathering around it. Should I still be working on that back window?"

>_

« Reply #534 on: August 01, 2017, 09:22:26 PM »
>Do we know any ways to deal with ghosts ourselves? Banishment spells or the like?
>Gathering to protect it or attack it?

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #535 on: August 01, 2017, 09:37:50 PM »
Ghost Rider!
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Monarda

• Tactician that has a soft spot for cuteness.
  • Art by Amibazh
« Reply #536 on: August 01, 2017, 09:39:26 PM »
Ghost Rider!

Took the words right outta my mouth.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #537 on: August 01, 2017, 10:40:41 PM »
>Do we know any ways to deal with ghosts ourselves? Banishment spells or the like?
>Gathering to protect it or attack it?

>You've never had to deal with a ghost in your life. You have knowledge of things you can do to deal with them, but frankly this tends to fall more in the Church's wheelhouse. But while you have knowledge of such things, you don't actually know how to do them.
>"I think they're...protecting it, maybe? ...There's weird machines coming out of the ground now around the car."

>_

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
  • For all of my life... A stranger I remain.
« Reply #538 on: August 01, 2017, 10:52:54 PM »
> Try to recall any fictional being that is related to ghosts and vehicles. Maybe...
> A-Are they coming for you, by any means? And how they look like? Like some kind of reinforcement or maybe to repair it?
ALL HAIL PROPOSALING-SAMA. SURPRISE FOR HIM.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #539 on: August 01, 2017, 11:00:05 PM »
> Try to recall any fictional being that is related to ghosts and vehicles. Maybe...
> A-Are they coming for you, by any means? And how they look like? Like some kind of reinforcement or maybe to repair it?

>Oh man there's a bunch if you start including ghost legends and stuff.
>"I...don't think so?" Archer says. "They're all wearing the same kind of clothing, overalls I think you call them? And helmets that only cover the upper half of their heads. And...they look miserable. I think they're trying to repair it. Should I just keep watching or what?"