Author Topic: JoJo's Bizarre Grail War - A Fate/Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 211456 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: JoJo's Bizarre Grail War - A Fate/Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #210 on: July 26, 2017, 01:57:59 PM »
>First to gather more info. "Where is he headed to ? Any signs of the master ?"

>"It seems like he's headed toward the street we were on," she says. "But he's a few blocks behind us. And no signs of a master at all. Which...feels weird. This whole thing is weird, he's not even walking. He's just...He's just laying on the street and pulling himself along by his hands. Making a pretty good pace, too."

>_

Monarda

• Tactician that has a soft spot for cuteness.
  • Art by Amibazh
« Reply #211 on: July 26, 2017, 02:04:39 PM »
>"Wow... What does he look like ?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #212 on: July 26, 2017, 02:10:38 PM »
>"Wow... What does he look like ?"

>"Big," she says. "Really big, I'm pretty sure he's at least seven and a half feet tall. He's not bothered with a shirt, and he's got muscles like a bull. Lots of scars, a beard. Fairly craggy face, too. His hair and beard are white, I get the feeling he's an older man. Not that this is stopping him. His legs aren't nearly as muscular as everything else. He's got leggings on, so I can't be too sure, but I think they might even be kind of withered up? If they matched his top half, those leggings would definitely be a lot more strained than they are."

>_

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #213 on: July 26, 2017, 02:12:15 PM »
>Can we fit that description to any figures we know of ?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #214 on: July 26, 2017, 02:13:03 PM »
>Can we fit that description to any figures we know of ?

>Not off the top of your head.

>_

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #215 on: July 26, 2017, 02:17:52 PM »
>"...yup, can't get a clue as to whom he is, nevertheless, he is certainly dangerous, and the fact that there is no sign od his master makes things even more troublesome..."
>Look around, anyone else around here near us ?

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #216 on: July 26, 2017, 02:21:01 PM »
>"...yup, can't get a clue as to whom he is, nevertheless, he is certainly dangerous, and the fact that there is no sign od his master makes things even more troublesome..."
>Look around, anyone else around here near us ?

> Hold up on this.

Don't just go ahead and give up on this so quickly and unilaterally. I imagine at least one of the large number of other players reading/playing this game wull want to try to pick through in-character (and out-of-character) knowledge to try to figure out who it is. "Not off the top of your head" doesn't mean Lily can't eventually figure it out by connecting a bunch of dots.
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #217 on: July 26, 2017, 02:25:06 PM »
Kay.

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #218 on: July 26, 2017, 02:41:58 PM »
with regards to pre-established material, fog implies Jack the Ripper heavily. the current situation does not fit any of the established depictions of Jack the Ripper though (either as Assassin of Black from Apocrypha or the transforming, Hassan of Many Faces like one from Strange/Fake).

major clues are:
-traveling by hand only, literally
-skipped leg day, beard, hair, heavily scarred
-causes fog
-as of now, unarmed.

kilga is inclined towards thinking it is some form of pirate. my personal theory is a WW1 or WW2 vet who managed to escape from being a PoW, leaning towards WW1 since fog was more prevalent there.
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #219 on: July 26, 2017, 02:49:13 PM »
Maybe it's not that he skipped Leg Day, it's that he simply can't move them at all ?

>"Does his legs seem to be moving at all ?"

« Reply #220 on: July 26, 2017, 03:00:52 PM »
> "How close did you get to observe this? Did he notice you?"
> Realistically speaking, if his mobility is limited, we could utilize Archer's range to pick him off from a distance. If this mist benefits her, it would be possible for her to attempt this without him even discerning her location. That being said, taking things at face value isn't always the best option-- if he can control the mist, there's a chance he can sense through it.

> Furthermore, having a servant use abilities like this is too conspicuous. Only an idiot would make such a display while wasting mana without an ulterior motive.

> "What's your analysis, Archer? "
> She would know her abilities better than anyone.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 03:02:04 PM by Suwako Moriya »

★[tumblr]☆[picarto]☆[deviantart]★

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #221 on: July 26, 2017, 03:02:29 PM »
A distraction maybe ?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #222 on: July 26, 2017, 03:08:59 PM »
>"Does his legs seem to be moving at all ?"

>"No, I don't think so," says Archer. "It looks like he's just dragging them behind himself."

> "How close did you get to observe this? Did he notice you?"
> Realistically speaking, if his mobility is limited, we could utilize Archer's range to pick him off from a distance. If this mist benefits her, it would be possible for her to attempt this without him even discerning her location. That being said, taking things at face value isn't always the best option-- if he can control the mist, there's a chance he can sense through it.

> Furthermore, having a servant use abilities like this is too conspicuous. Only an idiot would make such a display while wasting mana without an ulterior motive.

> "What's your analysis, Archer? "
> She would know her abilities better than anyone.

>"I'm about ten yards away," she says. "I am dead certain he hasn't noticed me, otherwise he would have reacted, I'm sure of it."
>These seem like valid thoughts.
>This is also a good point. His master either must be completely ignorant, or not care at all. Why is a good question..."
>"He's dangerous," says Archer. "Even now, when he's...as close to calm as he can be, I can feel he's not to be taken lightly. I'm not sure what he can do, aside from clearly mangle anyone he gets his hands on. But I'm convinced there's more to this than what I'm seeing."

>_

« Reply #223 on: July 26, 2017, 03:27:39 PM »
>"You say he's headed towards where we were, not where I am now?"
>Assuming those two places wouldn't be in mostly the same direction here

Because if so, this raises the question of whether Berserker himself can track us or whether he was just dispatched to a particular location on his master's orders

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #224 on: July 26, 2017, 03:40:25 PM »
>"You say he's headed towards where we were, not where I am now?"
>Assuming those two places wouldn't be in mostly the same direction here

>"Toward that road we were on before you stopped," she says.
>He would be heading south. Once he got to the road, he would be east of you by some number of blocks.

>_

« Reply #225 on: July 26, 2017, 03:50:46 PM »
>Is this the most direct route to our current position or could he theoretically still be following roads and heading more straight towards us?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #226 on: July 26, 2017, 03:52:35 PM »
>Is this the most direct route to our current position or could he theoretically still be following roads and heading more straight towards us?

>You suppose he could cut through yards or alleyways; you're not intimately familiar with this area. But it would be the most direct route by car.

>_

« Reply #227 on: July 26, 2017, 04:07:01 PM »
Okay, so we can't assume he's not still pursuing our current position. And I'm also drawing a blank on potential identities, despite how conspicuous his current appearance is.

>"Is the fog thick enough there to hide him from civilians? I mean, there's houses around, right - what's keeping someone from looking out the window or even getting a video of Berserker and posting it somewhere?"
>That has to violate magi propriety somehow, doesn't it?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #228 on: July 26, 2017, 04:29:28 PM »
>"Is the fog thick enough there to hide him from civilians? I mean, there's houses around, right - what's keeping someone from looking out the window or even getting a video of Berserker and posting it somewhere?"
>That has to violate magi propriety somehow, doesn't it?

>"I don't think so," says Archer. "But I also don't think anyone is really looking?"
>It would definitely make the Mage Association upset, and probably get you blacklisted from the Occult Underground.

>_

« Reply #229 on: July 26, 2017, 04:53:33 PM »
>Blacklisting might seem a small penalty if one won the Grail, of course....

I'm a little curious what might happen if we had Archer subtly draw someone's attention to the lumbering crazy person on the street - whether Berserker's master would have them withdraw to avoid causing a scene (and thus potentially tip off their presence or at least where they would have Berserker withdraw TO), but the chance that the policy is instead 'eliminate all witnesses' feels too high to actually attempt this with random people's lives.

>"Trail him for a bit and see if he turns down the street I just turned down or keeps going straight - in other words, whether he is capable of directly tracking my current position or is just following orders towards our last-known location. And keep an eye out for his master, of course."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #230 on: July 26, 2017, 05:02:31 PM »
>Blacklisting might seem a small penalty if one won the Grail, of course....
>"Trail him for a bit and see if he turns down the street I just turned down or keeps going straight - in other words, whether he is capable of directly tracking my current position or is just following orders towards our last-known location. And keep an eye out for his master, of course."

>With the right wish, they might well beg you to come back...
>"Got it," says Archer. "He's just about at the intersection now. Okay, he's stopped. He's looking around. And...it seems like he's going the opposite way you are? No signs of his master, I'm looking around alleys and rooftops and stuff now. Hope these people don't mind I'm on their roofs."

>_

« Reply #231 on: July 26, 2017, 05:06:33 PM »
>Lightly: "As long as you don't put a hole through them."
>Do we have any magic at our disposal that could detect an approaching magus? On the off-chance that Berserker and his master split up and the master is busy searching for us somehow?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #232 on: July 26, 2017, 05:11:53 PM »
>Lightly: "As long as you don't put a hole through them."
>Do we have any magic at our disposal that could detect an approaching magus? On the off-chance that Berserker and his master split up and the master is busy searching for us somehow?

>"Isn't that more your territory?" Archer replies. "Yeah, this guy is definitely hunting. He's looking around, peering between buildings and stuff."
>You can set up wards, but those take time and materials. You do have one around a four block radius at your home, though. It's only ever gone off once; when you mail ordered a scarab with a light-based enchantment the original owner didn't know about that you managed to sell for twice what you paid a couple years ago.

>_

« Reply #233 on: July 26, 2017, 05:21:27 PM »
>Will that ward alert us if any foreign magic passes through it, even if we ourselves are not inside it at the time?
>At four block's radius, that's large enough to be inside it without clearly identifying where we actually live, right?
>How easy would it be for a magus to detect the presence of the ward before they actually physically encounter it? Could they sense it from a distance to pin down that a magus probably resides there? (Or at least has a base of operations there)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #234 on: July 26, 2017, 05:26:03 PM »
>Will that ward alert us if any foreign magic passes through it, even if we ourselves are not inside it at the time?
>At four block's radius, that's large enough to be inside it without clearly identifying where we actually live, right?
>How easy would it be for a magus to detect the presence of the ward before they actually physically encounter it? Could they sense it from a distance to pin down that a magus probably resides there? (Or at least has a base of operations there)

>You have to be there to hear it. Though you might be able to set up some kind of system to hear it and alert your phone? You hadn't thought about that before, since there was no need...
>You hope so!
>You know there are some spells that can sniff out wards, but the people who seek them out tend to be people who deal with wards a lot. Otherwise, you don't think they should be able to detect it? But who knows, there's a wide world out there.

>_

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #235 on: July 26, 2017, 05:30:53 PM »
>What about a servant ? Would one have better odds at sensing one ?

« Reply #236 on: July 26, 2017, 05:31:22 PM »
>Presumably setting up a system to alert our phone isn't something we could do on the fly from our current location, is it?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #237 on: July 26, 2017, 05:46:57 PM »
>What about a servant ? Would one have better odds at sensing one ?

>That depends on the servant. You imagine, for instance, Caster would be very likely to be able to sense your wards, and possibly even track them back. Or quietly alter them. Who knows what Caster could do?

>Presumably setting up a system to alert our phone isn't something we could do on the fly from our current location, is it?

>You'd need, at least, something that could hear the alarm chime, and then connect that to something with a program to call you when triggered. It would take some work and a trip to a store.

>_

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #238 on: July 26, 2017, 05:51:30 PM »
>Make a note to check up on our wards when we go back home.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #239 on: July 26, 2017, 05:56:05 PM »
>Make a note to check up on our wards when we go back home.

>That may not be a bad idea at all, it would be a pain if someone silently cut them.

>_