Author Topic: And you thought it was going to be called Pokemon Gray ~ Pokemon Topic GO!  (Read 34655 times)

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
Re: And you thought it was going to be called Pokemon Gray ~ Pokemon Topic GO!
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2012, 11:27:16 AM »
Are the differences between Black and White so... different... that each game needs a sequel instead of just one?
No, however, if it is indeed a sequal, we could probably consider this "Generation 5.5", and so they're going to want to, you know, take full advantage of that by using the full "two versions" as it's a new entry, as opposed to introducing a third version.

I guess.

I don't actually expect that much, but I'll wait and see until we have actual information.  Props to Gamefreak for NOT taking the Incredibly Obvious Route for once though.

Spoiler:
I'm going to sit over here and be weird by being more excited for Pokemon + Nobunaga's Ambition, personally.  WHERE IS MY ENGLISH RELEASE OF THIS GAME ;_;

« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2012, 01:22:38 PM »
I think it will be really interesting, to say the least. Hopefully they take the time to address the competitive side of pokemon too. My beloved normal types will be viable!

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2012, 02:44:13 PM »
Spoiler:
I'm going to sit over here and be weird by being more excited for Pokemon + Nobunaga's Ambition, personally.  WHERE IS MY ENGLISH RELEASE OF THIS GAME ;_;

Koei's usually pretty good about catering to their Western fanbase. Give it a little time~

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2012, 04:03:38 PM »
I would honestly join in on the priase regarding "hello something new for once instead of the generic 3rd game oh man oh man!!" if it weren't a blatant attempt at milking fans.

I'm willing to bet that the games will not be that great for this reason. Why bother putting an effort into making a game when all you need to do is add in a tiny bit of story continuation? If you guys are expecting a whole game's worth of new storyline, I have an extremely hard time seeing that happen. Remember that these two games are replacements for a standard 3rd expansion game. Logically, they'll only be 'expanding' the storyline by notsomuch.

I doubt they'll put in new mons aside from new formes, but yeah, I guess this IS a new thing so we can't really know. Either way, not as hyped over this.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 04:06:12 PM by BT »

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2012, 04:21:21 PM »
Why bother putting an effort into making a game when all you need to do is add in a tiny bit of story continuation?

inb4 new region areas and/or N chronicles

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2012, 04:35:09 PM »
I doubt the 'additional storyline' will consist of anything meaningful that isn't N-related.

Speaking of which, the reason the main game in B&W ended in a cliffhanger-esque manner is now pretty damn clear...

« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2012, 06:30:44 PM »
No I meant just Fire/Dragon and Electric/Dragon. I'm not quite sure about this though.

Fire/Dragon and Electric/Dragon is quite unlikely.
I mean, Reshiram and Zekrom already has these types.
Spoiler:
AND, Freeze Shock/Ice Burn. :3

Ozzy

• Veteran Danmakufu Scripter
  • Currently working on a full Touhou fangame!
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2012, 08:22:04 PM »
Fire/Dragon and Electric/Dragon is quite unlikely.
I mean, Reshiram and Zekrom already has these types.
Spoiler:
AND, Freeze Shock/Ice Burn. :3

That's what I was thinking. It's why I'm not so sure. I hope I'm wrong, I want Kyurem to stand out from the other two.

Red Frost

• "Nee-san, is that you?"
  • "I can't tell from down here."
« Reply #38 on: February 29, 2012, 07:28:16 AM »
No, however, if it is indeed a sequal, we could probably consider this "Generation 5.5", and so they're going to want to, you know, take full advantage of that by using the full "two versions" as it's a new entry, as opposed to introducing a third version.

I guess.

I don't actually expect that much, but I'll wait and see until we have actual information.  Props to Gamefreak for NOT taking the Incredibly Obvious Route for once though.

Hopefully they don't decide to release a "3rd" game too... y'know... for old times' sake.  I need to save my money for Pokemon Cards, after all.

inb4 new region areas and/or N chronicles

Again, I don't know the story for B/W, but I think it'd be kinda cool to play as the rivals/friends Bel or Cheren.  Then you could see what they did/had to do during the story, and you run into Touko or Touya when they ran into Bel/Cheren in B/W.  Not sure how that'd work out, but eh.

Or maybe they'll pull a G/S and make us revisit a past region... like Hoenn!  Then everybody wins!  (I miss Route 113, damnit)

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
I'm personally guessing that these are both third versions for Gen V, but you never know!

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
Mmmm, so, initial wariness about this put to the side for a bit... I kinda like this idea, even if it is a clear grab for cash.  A direct sequel is an interesting idea, seeing how they've never done it before.  Makes me wonder if Hilbert and Hilda will show up as NPCs, ahah~  I'm... Honestly not a fan of the new Kyurem forms though, although who knows, they might grow on me.

Also, here's hoping that contests make a comeback. >.<

...Oh, one more thing... I wonder what they're going to call the protags from this game in Special...  >.>
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

Paper Conan

• Productivity, all day 'erry day
  • NOPE, just kidding~
ITT: Kyurem, Reshiram and Zekrom have the worst pokemon designs in history

Let's combine them to make them even worse!! :getdown:
/opinions

Let's combine them to make them even worse!! :getdown:
/opinions
They aren't that bad...

But the combinations oh god :getdown:

Moerin

Hey, Reshiram is awesome and fluffy and awesome~  It's just the composites... Leave a lot to be desired. >.>  Oh well, hopefully the rest of the game(s) will make up for that.
...Especially if they bring back contests. :P

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi

They really aren't that bad. Individually, anyway. I mean, we have... um... Garbordor. Yeah.

Also, I am going to strangle the next person who says "Hoenn will obviously be in B2W2." I have heard enough theorizing and speculation for a few days.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

DarkslimeZ

• A REIMU SLIME APPEARED.
  • COMMAND?
    • Eternal Temporality
I hope it'll be like what GSC were to RBY - like, we get an extension of Unova, and they introduce some new Pokemon to catch along with old ones(er. the ones from b/w) or something

[14:12] <~BoredTSO> you need to have enough fissile material in a certain density to reach supercriticality

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
They really aren't that bad. Individually, anyway. I mean, we have... um... Garbordor. Yeah.

Yeah, what were they smoking when they came up with THAT?
An animate trash pile. Really Japan? That's the best you could come up with for a Muk analogue this time around?
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

DarkslimeZ

• A REIMU SLIME APPEARED.
  • COMMAND?
    • Eternal Temporality
Yeah, what were they smoking when they came up with THAT?
An animate trash pile. Really Japan? That's the best you could come up with for a Muk analogue this time around?

You can't have New York City without it, clearly. It's an important part of culture!

[14:12] <~BoredTSO> you need to have enough fissile material in a certain density to reach supercriticality

Moerin

Hey, Garbador is awesome and I'm totally going to use one if I ever do another playthrough of Black and/or White. >.>  Screw the haters.

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥

Garbador is full of shit

Literally BV

Moerin

What, you shit in your trashcan?  Canadians are weird. >.> Full of garbage, more like.  And yes I know it's the same basic joke, but...

...I liked Gen 5's Pokemon designs a lot, to be honest.  But I'll admit some of them were really, really weird, like Garbador and the ice cream line.  Didn't stop them from being awesome, though~

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥

...I liked Gen 5's Pokemon designs a lot, to be honest.  But I'll admit some of them were really, really weird, like Garbador and the ice cream line.  Didn't stop them from being awesome, though~

I liked Pokemon like the Litwick line, Lilligant, and Sigilyph for their designs, yeah. Things like Roggenrola, though...

BT

• I never talk to you
Cryogonal
Woobat
Stunfisk

Garbordor ain't that bad in comparison.

Moerin

Cryogonal
Woobat
You just made an enemy for life. >:(  Especially since Woobat is based on one of the most adorable animals ever. >.>

...I'll give you the Stunfisk thing, though.  I mean, that was just... Yeah.

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥

BT

• I never talk to you
There's already a bat Pokemon. They weren't even that creative with the name.

Yeah. Gamefreak.

It was my weakest choice on that spontaneous list, I'll give you that much. ::)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 08:01:13 PM by BT »

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
I always thought Roggenrola was kinda cute for a pile of rocks.
It looks like a little speaker!

...Yeah, don't ask why I find that cute, I just do. Not even I know why.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Paper Conan

• Productivity, all day 'erry day
  • NOPE, just kidding~
Litwick and Vanillite win the best awards for cutest inanimate objects. BV

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
If people thought Gen V's designs were uncreative, they they should see Diglett/Dugtrio/Voltorb/Electrode/Magnemite/Ditto. (Although Ditto is a cool Pokemon.)

MatsuriSakuragi

Simple in design is not the same type of uncreativity as 'we're running out of ideas so let's make a Pok?mon out of the next thing we see on the street!"

"A garbage bag."

"Brilliant!"

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
There's already a bat Pokemon. They weren't even that creative with the name.

Yeah. Gamefreak.

Woobat's Japanese name, コロモリ (Koromori) is an amalgam of the Japanese words Kokoro (心 [ココロ] or Heart) and Koumori (蝙蝠 [コウモリ] or Bat)

You can blame the localizations for that name.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale