Author Topic: Touhou 15.5: 東方憑依華 (Eastern Blooms of Possession) ~ Antinomy of Common Flowers  (Read 532162 times)

BTW, can you download it online now? Kinda want to buy it on steam later for support, but can't really wait with the spoiler.

Hi, don't discuss piracy. Don't ask about downloads or discuss downloads. If you want the game so badly, ask N-Forza to buy it for you in Japan. This is a friendly warning. -Hele
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 11:02:13 PM by Helepolis »

I really hope the
Spoiler:
story mode having little spellcards is a bug, otherwise, given the creative room they had with the possession and the like,
that would be a fairly big disappointment.

As far as the rest goes, I really hope they won't pull
Spoiler:
"ACTUALLY Yukari is the real boss" ,[/spoilers] that would be fairly lame
Regarding the final boss,

Spoiler:
IIRC from watching the stream last night, there is a special final boss version of Yukari, but that's for the penultimate story route, where I think you're playing as Tenshi.  For that battle, Yukari has Reimu as a slave instead of being alone and adds Reimu to her spell card while having an additional ultimate last boss spell card as per Touhou fighting game tradition.

The final story route, however, you play as Yukari with Reimu slave, and then thanks to Yukari sabotaging Joon and Shion by switching master and slave at the last moment, the true final boss is Shion Yorigami with Yukari as slave (though she doesn't seem to use Yukari at all) while you play as Reimu with Joon as the slave (though I don't think you can actually use Joon).

The extra route, or what I think is the extra route, where you play as Joon + Shion Yorigami, has Tenshi as the final boss with Doremi as a slave (though Doremi seems to mostly be a handicap for her as Tenshi's completely helpless when she switches to Doremi, who doesn't do anything but stand there and let you hit her.  From what I know of the plot, it's possible Doremi's purposefully trying to sabotage Tenshi who's the culprit of the extra stage?  Either that or it's a glitch)

Really wish I could read Japanese better.  If the plot is that Yukari manages to stop Joon and Shion with that switcheroo but then things get hijacked by Ganon Tenshi, that'd be pretty funny.  And it'd be nice to see Tenshi maintaining her final boss status and ending up being the true villain instead of suffering villain decay, considering that she specifically stated at the end of SWR that she wanted to hatch a new scheme.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 03:17:30 PM by Tiamat »

I really love the game but man, not being able to read japanese really sucks. Half a year of studying and yet I understand only tiny fragments.

The fights seem a bit easy as the single spellcards aren't really that tough. The last fight against Joon/Shion is a bit more challenging with multiple spellcards on one lifebar but I even beat that without losing a life. Unusual, as I usually don't do that great in fighting games.
Well, there is always lunatic if I so desire.

CyberAngel

• Retired
What are the chances of there being DLC characters for this game?  In terms of character quality, it's a step back down compared to 12.3, and it's hard to see sequels with lesser characters than its predecessors, but I do know there are a few games out there that do this (MvC3, for example).

But then, wouldn't be surprised if this roster is the final count...

Good job ignoring AN EFFIN ENGINE REBOOT for 13.5 and the fact that the roster has been regrowing steadily since that point. Besides, it's only one playable character less than SWR+Soku at this point. Big friggin' deal. Honestly, just how much more entitled you people can get...

Please play/discuss nice. This post adds 0 value to this discussion nor the person you're attacking. -Hele
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 11:11:11 PM by Helepolis »

game2011

• magneiptVE
    • Unsurpassed ??asual Dating - Real Women
Good job ignoring AN EFFIN ENGINE REBOOT for 13.5 and the fact that the roster has been regrowing steadily since that point. Besides, it's only one playable character less than SWR+Soku at this point. Big friggin' deal. Honestly, just how much more entitled you people can get...
Did I touch your nerve that you must get angry and antagonize me?  I was simply being curious, that's all.  How is this entitlement?  What's with your attitude?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 04:40:43 PM by game2011 »

Calm down, wouldn't want some flame war to ignite here. Don't push people's trigger and don't ask question, and we could all live through this shit-free

Asking questions is fine. Answering questions is fine. The only thing we ask to do it normally. -Hele
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 11:11:50 PM by Helepolis »

R. P. Genocraft

• Craftsman of absolute unpredictability
  • Boundary of productive and lazy
Has anybody else noticed
Spoiler:
among the jewelry in the final boss's second spell there if you look closely are blue point items

So is 1 Spell per fight a bug or the norm?

How do I use tag-team spell cards? I saw earlier in the thread that I'm supposed to hold A while using the spell card, but I can't seem to get it to work.

Fumi

• Dragon of Seven Colors
  • Disaster in Takamagahara
How do I use tag-team spell cards? I saw earlier in the thread that I'm supposed to hold A while using the spell card, but I can't seem to get it to work.

It took me long to figure this but they changed a lot of the moves from the demo

Tag Spell is A+forward after you use your primary spell card. The spell meter needs to be full though and you must be able to call a slave.

Thank you so much! It worked like a charm.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Aight people,

Friendly reminder that we're here to play nicely. So discuss things nicely and treat each other normal. No need for group hugging, but there is no need for personal attacks either.

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
i'm loving the fact that
Spoiler:
a boss is a pimp while the other is in a hoodie. hoodies are canon confirmed
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

PK

• Border of Whatever
So is 1 Spell per fight a bug or the norm?
Really hope it's a bug. Some/most fights in
Spoiler:
Reisen+Doremy
scenario end after a single round of enemy's non-spell, which is unchallenging even on lunatic. I can't believe it was deliberate :V

BTW, can you download it online now? Kinda want to buy it on steam later for support, but can't really wait with the spoiler.

Hi, don't discuss piracy. Don't ask about downloads or discuss downloads. If you want the game so badly, ask N-Forza to buy it for you in Japan. This is a friendly warning. -Hele

Just wanna add on to the mod message: Alternatively, you can wait a week and buy it off steam, as it becomes available there! Besides, has Tasofro said anything about trading cards?

Really hope it's a bug. Some/most fights in
Spoiler:
Reisen+Doremy
scenario end after a single round of enemy's non-spell, which is unchallenging even on lunatic. I can't believe it was deliberate :V

Oof - and I was so excited for Doremy's Story part. I really hope it truly is a bug.

Sorta off-topic, but touhouwiki currently is lacking the images of Doremy, Tenshi, and Yukari, as well as lacking the proper Reisen image.
Je pense, donc je suis.

v1.01 is out: http://tasofro.net/touhou155/download.html
And the th155arc I wrote for the demo works with the v1.01 th155b.pak. I'm really surprised. That just makes patching easier - and also suggests that they didn't add any anti-hack thing. I'm really optimistic about thcrap support now.
I heard they included the Evening Falls arrange in the patch. To extract it with th155arc, do I need a filename, or can I just extract the pak and use a separate tool to detect ogg files?
I figured it out. Extracted th155b.pak and used Trid to detect the OGG files.
The th155b.pak includes 5 tracks (and their 20-second previews): the Wonderful Heaven arrange, the Evening Star arrange, and three original AoCF tracks. Nice.
Playing Touhou since 18 March 2012. Playing video games since 19XX.
Normal 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS, CtC.
Extra 1CC: EoSD, PCB+Phantasm, IN, PoFV (K&S), MoF, SA, TD, HSiFS, CtC+Phantasm.
Hard 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, CtC.
Lunatic 1CC: EoSD

anyone know why my game keep getting forced closed? everytime I want to start the story mode it just got closed (played v1.01)

EDIT:
found out I have to change my locale to Japanese.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 04:00:40 AM by bagong016 »

~Shin Kuroi~

• Sleepy Cat
  • fuwaaa... sleepy...
hi! im really sorry if this is irrelevant, but i thought that others may want to see this for future discussion points or for simple entertainment.

i made a compilation of every grab, and i also made a compilation of each partner introduction, last word, etc. of course, both includes light spoilers, so watch at your own risk.

all grabs

all new last words + partner introductions + all new solo introductions
yawn...

AndyPyro

• Dangerous Stranger
  • Hi Hey Hello Hai Hola
I was not prepared.

So far, the game's super fun, but I am noticing the lack of story mode spells...
Hoping that gets patched fully.  If it is a bug, I mean.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
The friggin sound effects on the final boss throw.

Anyway, I've been trying to practice this in what time I had today... looking forward to versus play. Still maining Sumireko, who seems a little stronger; but definitely looking into learning some of the new characters, and my favored-yet-awful-to-play Koishi seems like she might be a nice slave choice. Or at least a really trolly slave choice. YES I HAVE REVERSALS AS ANYONE MUAHAHAHAHA

Although jeez, Koishi's attacks... don't really link into eachother anymore in combos as far as I can tell. Her bullets just end combos, you can 5C but that's it; so much for her great mid-air 5a. You can do some stuff still if you're really fast by cancelling with her C declares in the corner, but it seems like the only real options are AAA8A Occult 5C in corner and AAA8A 8B 5C midscreen. Well, I guess I'm only planning on using her as a slave anyway due to strange neutral game. I guess if you do use her, you can use ancestors to end combos a ton? I'm not sure anyone can effectively double spellcard off ancestors though... not having success there

It seems annoying to try to use Last Words though. (What are the conditions to use it, anyway? Full possession and spellcard gauge??? Does it need to be third round or something? I don't know.) If feels like if you aren't in 100% neutral phase it'll just use a C move or possession swap instead of using the LW when you're open, and it won't cancel any moves. So if you're on the last couple frames of an attack that can be cancelled by almost anything, whoops you just used a C move instead. Ughhhh.

...I wonder how hard it is to get a throw in when someone's pushblocking.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 06:44:41 AM by Serela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
  • and think about what you're doing
    • Music interests and whatnot
There's a very large writeup (hella spoilers, obviously) about AoCF by Alice that does help explain a lot of the inner workings of the story (in broad strokes, but still), which is quite an unexpected treat for those expecting things to go differently.

In summary;

Spoiler:
Doremy is hoping the best for people when their Dream Souls run amok, Tenshi is still a bitch, Jo'on is also a bitch, Shion has a bit too much patience for Jo'on, Byakuren, Shinmyoumaru and Shion are still terrible judges of character, Shion is technically on Reimu's good side, and there's a damn good reason that Dream Souls need to be pacified before they get too powerful.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Spoiler:
So Raiko abandoned the poor Tsukomo sisters to perform with Prismrivers instead? Hopefully there won't be more musical sibilngs or Primsrivers will lose their newly found drummer.

Blog updated: 14.11.2011
Twitter

Spoiler:
So Raiko abandoned the poor Tsukomo sisters to perform with Prismrivers instead? Hopefully there won't be more musical sibilngs or Primsrivers will lose their newly found drummer.
Spoiler:
Raiko has been with the Prismrivers since the days of Alternative Facts in Eastern Utopia.

Spoiler:
Raiko has been with the Prismrivers since the days of Alternative Facts in Eastern Utopia.
Spoiler:
So Raiko has been dismissing her girlfriends that long...  :D Anyway, I haven't yet gotten that far in official books so thank you for clarification.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 09:04:11 AM by Tsalop »
Blog updated: 14.11.2011
Twitter

LunaWillow

• >Everyone: Pose as a team
  • The world is real.
Spoiler:
Tenshi is still a bitch
Spoiler:
Hey now, Tenshi is not a bitch! She's a brat!
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS
Hard 1cc: PoFV
Extra Clear: PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF
Other Stuff: ISC all clear

Spoiler:
So I'm kind of confused...

Jo'on's plan is to have Shion possess tons of people so that they can steal everyone's money. Great. So... where does Perfect Possession come into play? Why did the whole swapping bodies thing even happen? Couldn't Shion still go around possessing people without the whole dream self body swap shennanigans?

If someone came along and tried to stop them, Shion could still saddle them with tons of misfortune. I guess that would defeat their whole "unbeatable team" thing, since the protag would then be fighting Jo'on rather than the partner.

But on the other hand, if Shion could cause a full on partner incident affecting everyone, why couldn't she just make it so the possession affected only one person (Jo'on)? Like, couldn't Jo'on have just swapped with some random dream person rather than targetting your partner specifically? They'd still be unbeatable then.

Or was the perfect possession something unrelated that they just took advantage of? If so, is it ever explained? I'm totally lost hehehe...

EDIT: Second to that, is it ever explained why your partner turns against you when they're Jo'on's slave? It seems like your partner still has their free will. If they didn't, then Yukari screwing with things wouldn't have solved the incident because Shion could have just forced her new slave to turn it right back.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 10:31:58 AM by TresserT »
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

Spoiler:
If I remember correctly, the Slave you're supposed to have is actually their dream's self, and have a tendency to be abit unhinged. They wouldn't have any problem beating the shit out of the opposition

Also, if I read the story correctly, Yukari doesn't seems to know much about the dream world at all. But...she sleep all the god damn time, and even have a hibernation in winter. So...if she sleep all the time, but didn't actually know much about dream world...where the fuck did she gone to in her sleep? It's not like she doesn't have a dream self or anything.

Yukari is surprisingly hard-working

Currently I'm having this weird thing in practice mode. Sometimes when I switch between master and slave, the dummy also does the same thing, and rarely so only the dummy does it when I press the input. Also there are times when the dummy "retaliates" as I input an attack. Anyone else experiencing this?

It's due to them being assign the same keystroke, and the keystroke have a priority on your control first before the dummy's. Thus, when you mispress and can't perform the move, the dummy will do it instead.