Author Topic: EVERYONE REPORT FOR DUTY! IT?S TIME TO ROCK!  (Read 43309 times)

Ihavenoidea

• Gensokyo's Navigator
  • I find dodging danmaku very entertaining
Re: EVERYONE REPORT FOR DUTY! IT?S TIME TO ROCK!
« Reply #60 on: April 28, 2011, 06:39:02 PM »
Hmm it's hard to give out jobs when the options are vague. :derp: Got any samples of your work?

you could check my dA XD www.pichinayu.deviantart.com

p.s: how do you guys use hyperlink? I think I'm the only one here who doesn't know how to use it OTL
Contract?

- kyuubey

Patorikku

• Weird country-bumpkin city-boy hybrid
  • (ง ?̀_?́)ง
Re: EVERYONE REPORT FOR DUTY! IT’S TIME TO ROCK!
« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2011, 08:09:00 PM »
Come to think of that, I should give a few links, I guess. No good assigning me to a role if you don't really see my style. My dA, my old thread, and my newest thread should suffice.

EDIT: Hyperlinking is basically using [ url = (insert URL here) ], then some text here, then [ / url ]. Without the spaces, of course.

Oh look, I got an image in my signature. Finally.
Click here for Tumblr nonsense.

« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2011, 12:28:22 AM »
Thanks for the samples guys :) Like I said before tasks are coming up but I'm still sick and not in the mood for doing much :ohdear:

On another note, Democracy has decided that "Idiots of the Kaleidoscope" will be the team name. Any objections?

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #63 on: April 29, 2011, 12:32:58 AM »
It's absolutely fitting for our role :colonveeplusalpha:
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #64 on: April 29, 2011, 06:59:47 PM »
I hate it, actually, but oh well :derp:
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

« Reply #65 on: April 29, 2011, 07:02:46 PM »
I hate it, actually, but oh well :derp:
Repeal time? :moogy:

Well maybe someone will come up with a mindblowingly awesome name sometime later so this can just be our working team name for now.

« Reply #66 on: April 29, 2011, 07:13:06 PM »
I don't really like it either..

Tired/Warm

• Apostatical Verdant Eudaemonaic
  • This is my danmaku.
« Reply #67 on: May 02, 2011, 10:36:34 AM »
Yo! I noticed the link, and clicked it! And then things got interesting, so I watched. It looks like you don't really need writers for this, but is there anything I can do to help? If nothing else, this sounds awesome. And for what it's worth, for those of you the group name bothers - think of it like this! (9)nights of the round table. Eh? Eh?

Okay, I tried.

I kinda like it... I'm all about stupid!

Awesome sig courtesy of Squawkers23! Thanks!

Oh, you're looking for words? My writing is here.
Do you remember me? I also remember you - and though we haven't met in so many days, I still know you and love your memories. If you stumbled upon this - good luck, in whatever you might do.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #68 on: May 02, 2011, 08:36:36 PM »
Actually, the name was voted from several suggestions already, so :v
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

XephyrEnigma

• :|
  • XephyrEnigma
« Reply #69 on: May 02, 2011, 11:26:25 PM »
Hm, the name seems most logical, though, your VN Itenerary begs the question. Are you going to be rewriting these: Touhou Love Stories - The Bad Ends: http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Fiction_found_on_imageboards Cause I read through some of em and the majority of them don't quite seem like VN material. (save for the Reisen and Sakuya stories) This is just my opinion and all, and any decision you make will be fine.
Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear

« Reply #70 on: May 03, 2011, 12:13:14 AM »
Nah no point in rewriting them and I'm not using all of them anyways cause that would take forever :V

Also right now I'm going to focus on DotC and DiG first for the most part

Ihavenoidea

• Gensokyo's Navigator
  • I find dodging danmaku very entertaining
« Reply #71 on: May 04, 2011, 08:01:08 AM »
Got your PM! ( and I still can't reply! LOL)

I can do:

background
forest by the lake

btw does this mean that I have to do the forest itself or should I include some part of the lake?  ???

p.s: I really don't like being called "idiots of the kaleidoscope so...yeah, other names pl0x XD
Contract?

- kyuubey

« Reply #72 on: May 05, 2011, 06:12:45 AM »
Hmm...

Okay trying to split up the tasks is proving to be a more difficult decision than I had originally expected. From what I've seen, art styles vary quite wildly, so either we have a mixed set of cutins, or I force everyone to adapt a certain style, and to be honest neither option sounds too appealing. On top of that we have the issue of having 5 characters that need cutins and more than 5 able artists, and I couldn't really come up with a fair way of spliting up the tasks.

So I thought about it for a bit and came up with a crazy idea that just might pay off over the long run. Most of the artists here have expressed interest in doing cutins over other stuff, which is fine by me since I can just get backgrounds by taking photographs in real life and off the internet and photoshop them up a bit and no one would really mind (hell most VNs either do this, or they take a picture and then trace on top) And since each of you have your own style of drawing I came up with this: Instead of splitting tasks within a game, I assign one artist per game.

A hell of a lot more work? Yes, but I think it could pay off in the long run. This way everyone gets to draw in the way they're most comfortable with and more stories get to be made into visual novels.

On the other hand, games will take longer to complete, which isn't that much of an issue since we aren't on a strict timeline here, and each artist will have to draw a whole set of cutins, but like I just said no rush plus cutins don't take that long to draw relatively speaking. The biggest downside is it obviously sets us back a bit and I now have to go scavenging for more stories but hey we've barely started and I'm willing to do some extra work to get us started on the right foot. 8)

This applies more to artists than musicians since a variety of musical styles in a single game can actually be a good thing, while it can stand out in a bad way with art.

So basically the plan is I'm going to go find some more fics for us to work on and make lists of cutins and stuff they need. Then I'll post a big list of all the stories I've picked and some info on each like a short summary, wordcount, and generally how much stuff you'll probably need to draw for it, and you guys choose a story and get to work (It's like taking on a quest :V).

So, before I go and flip the table on our current progress, I wanna know what do you guys think of this idea?

J.O.B

• YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHANGE
« Reply #73 on: May 05, 2011, 07:59:13 AM »
I think it's a good idea but maybe o two artists per game.
People like me who can't draw very well will have a hard time plus the fact I don't really draw and colour on the computer.
So maybe if possible have a digital artist with someone else.

Aoshi-shi

• Back at it again in the Land of Origin
  • maior e longinquo reverentia
« Reply #74 on: May 05, 2011, 11:37:47 AM »
I'm pretty much cool with this idea, even though this will greatly add to someone's workload.

Although, the two small problems that come with this is commitment to the project (because I guess this is going to take a while.), and people with technical handicaps, sort of like J.O.B's situation. So, in certain cases you should pair up line artist with someone who can digitally color.
Art Thread -->
Well gee, I have a Tumblr now.  | Twitter
 What a nice day to complain about mobage!
 |PADherder

Patorikku

• Weird country-bumpkin city-boy hybrid
  • (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #75 on: May 05, 2011, 12:12:16 PM »
I'm pretty much cool with this idea, even though this will greatly add to someone's workload.

Although, the two small problems that come with this is commitment to the project (because I guess this is going to take a while.), and people with technical handicaps, sort of like J.O.B's situation. So, in certain cases you should pair up line artist with someone who can digitally color.
Agreed. I'm not exactly a master of digital colouring, and as much as the practice would be nice for me, I would rather have someone else to do the colouring, should they have greater skill. I'm sure most other artists would say the same.

Oh look, I got an image in my signature. Finally.
Click here for Tumblr nonsense.

« Reply #76 on: May 05, 2011, 01:05:57 PM »
I would gladly take on the task if I had another artist working with me. It would be nice to split it up in two groups: two lineart artists, and two shaders. I'm not good at coloring art at all, but I'll draw lineart if you want. We can just pair up two and find someone that draws similar to the other artist! I can take on all of the lineart, but there's no way I can manage to color it.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #77 on: May 05, 2011, 04:43:11 PM »
I'd go with 2-3 illustrators per game as well. Although this doesn't affect me as much (composing), the extra workload given with a 1 artist-game idea may be a big impediment to motivation.

I'm leaning with having two illustrators, one for line art and basic ideas and another for digital colouring and shading. That'll make things easier with this new idea.
Bad command or file name

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #78 on: May 05, 2011, 07:20:21 PM »
I think having less illustrators per story will help with art consistency, but I also think it might give every illustrator more work.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 07:39:52 PM by Admiral Skye »

Widermelonz

• Delicious
  • Yum
« Reply #79 on: May 06, 2011, 01:34:15 AM »
If you're looking for another composer, I can help out.

Nickname: Watermelonz is fine.

Abilities: The style of music that I compose is usually symphonic or jazz stuff. I've composed other genres, just not as much.

Contact info: e-mail, PM, MSN, AIM, anything is fine.

« Reply #80 on: May 06, 2011, 03:48:59 AM »
Form groups. Take on quests. World of VisualNovelcraft BV

In that case I'd would be helpful to get more info on your clas-er I mean abilities :V

This is what I got so far from our exchanges through PMs and general staking of profiles:
Aoshi - Digital (outline and color)
cYsmix - Digital (outline)
Idea - Digital (outline and color)
Noname - Busy?
Taku - Digital (color but busy?)
Nom - Pencil
Etch - Pencil
Sock - Digital (outline but busy)
Neru - Digital (outline and color)
Formless - Digital (outline and color)
Pat - Pencil
Skye - Pencil
EP - dunno :V

If I got something wrong please let me know. On top of that if you do digital art it would be helpful if you tell me if you want to help outline people's penciled drawings, help colour those outlines, or if you wanna do everything yourself :V

If you're looking for another composer, I can help out.

Nickname: Watermelonz is fine.

Abilities: The style of music that I compose is usually symphonic or jazz stuff. I've composed other genres, just not as much.

Contact info: e-mail, PM, MSN, AIM, anything is fine.
Welcome to the team BV
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 04:02:02 AM by Suikama »

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #81 on: May 06, 2011, 04:19:46 AM »
EP - dunno :V
Well this is interesting :D

I'm more of a paper-pencil-pen type illustrator, really, and am not very good with colouring. However, I'd prefer that in this regard I be considered more of a backup than a primary. I'll stick with composition for the most part.
Lastly, just put down "EP" as a nickname since the "The_" part is also unnecessary.

Bad command or file name

J.O.B

• YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHANGE
« Reply #82 on: May 06, 2011, 06:09:46 AM »
I might do colouring digitally if my skills up by 50% within a short time(not likely).
If i want to do digital colouring then I will let you know.
Also is it alright if I don't draw eyes?
I'm good at eyes on their own but when paired with a body they ruin it all.

Aoshi-shi

• Back at it again in the Land of Origin
  • maior e longinquo reverentia
« Reply #83 on: May 06, 2011, 08:18:25 PM »
As much as working alone would be cool, I noticed that there are more people that do digital/pencil outlining than people who digitally color and the like; so I will gladly pair up with someone else.
Art Thread -->
Well gee, I have a Tumblr now.  | Twitter
 What a nice day to complain about mobage!
 |PADherder

« Reply #84 on: May 06, 2011, 08:58:44 PM »
New PM sent, all you artists check your boxes.

I'll have one for musicians later (once I think of what to say :3)

« Reply #85 on: May 08, 2011, 04:05:18 AM »
Oh dear... we have a lot of pencil artists so far and no tracers :ohdear:

Although we still have a bunch of people who still haven't responded :3

ruikomatsu

• Let's fire it up.
  • Would you like some tea?
« Reply #86 on: May 08, 2011, 04:50:27 PM »
Nickname: Noname
Abilities: Pencil/Inker

(A VA is fine too. 83)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 04:54:07 PM by Ikubi Akius »
The DotS thread is deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaad ; w ;

Pixiv     |     My Other Deviantart     |     Tumblr     |    MyAnimeList

TakuTaku

• Currently Incognito
  • I'm always losing to win
    • ah.
« Reply #87 on: May 08, 2011, 04:56:53 PM »
Hey :D I replied to your pm telling you that I'm a colorist but if you're missing inkers then I guess I can sacrifice colors for that kind of job :)

Anyway, yeah for the roll call, (jeez, I haven't been here in ages, since you know, I'm really just here for this project) you can call me Jess or Taku or w/e floats your boat. I can do pencils, colors, inks and bg work (bg isn't my forte tho) I know a bit of animation, cg work and photoshop.

I'm an MMA student so I 'should' be able to handle whatever it is you throw at me. (even voice acting, bro, i'm up for that)

You can contact me thru gmail (rocul90) skype (just pm me~ weirdos have been calling) or YM (jessie_ipis)

I'll always have time for this, suikama, i'm just really sorry I'm not on much on shrinemaiden but you can definitely contact me immediately through any of those links I've posted. Except for skype at the moment, it's kind of wonky right now and I think I need to reinstall it :c
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 09:29:38 AM by TakuTaku »

DevArt | Twitter
freelance artist looking for work

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
« Reply #88 on: May 08, 2011, 05:59:14 PM »
Just as an idea, once this gets into the more busy phase and may need more real-time coordination, it shouldn't be much of  an issue to set up a channel for the project. Not necessary right now, I think, but could be useful in the future

If it's set up on PPIRC that makes it accessable via Webchat, which means that even IRC-illiterate people just need to type in a nick and hit a button to join the channel :3
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 06:02:12 PM by Moe Moe Hakase »

« Reply #89 on: May 09, 2011, 12:23:34 AM »
I'm an MMA student
You're a Mixed Martial Artist student? Damn you're hardcore :V

Just as an idea, once this gets into the more busy phase and may need more real-time coordination, it shouldn't be much of  an issue to set up a channel for the project. Not necessary right now, I think, but could be useful in the future

If it's set up on PPIRC that makes it accessable via Webchat, which means that even IRC-illiterate people just need to type in a nick and hit a button to join the channel :3
Sweet, I'll keep that in mind BV