Author Topic: [Music] The Roland TTS-1 Remake Project  (Read 47026 times)

Spaztique

• Writer, Animator, Easy Mode Advocate
Re: [Music] The Roland TTS-1 Remake Project *Updated Tuesdays*
« Reply #60 on: May 18, 2011, 03:20:38 AM »
Making Touhou music and actually-pretty-decent Walfas animations since 2011!

Aoshi-shi

• Back at it again in the Land of Origin
  • maior e longinquo reverentia
« Reply #61 on: May 18, 2011, 03:34:52 AM »
Ooh, okay then. Can I please request for Retrospective Kyoto?   :3
Art Thread -->
Well gee, I have a Tumblr now.  | Twitter
 What a nice day to complain about mobage!
 |PADherder

Spaztique

« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2011, 03:45:07 AM »
Ooh, okay then. Can I please request for Retrospective Kyoto?   :3

Another one from scratch... It's going on the queue anyway!

Edit: To stay (at least aligned) on schedule, I'm postponing Capital City Of Flowers to the week after next week, since I'm having trouble with Fantastic Legend Of Tohno, but I promise I will add a bonus with it when I release it.

Edit 2: Just about done! "The Fantastic Legend Of Tohno" is about ready, but I'm also packing a surprise with it, which I'll finish when I get home from work. Let me just say, prepare for more Chen than you can handle!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 01:38:55 PM by Spaztique »

Spaztique

« Reply #63 on: May 25, 2011, 05:36:49 AM »
Cat! *TING* She's a kitty cat! And she can dance dance dance. She can dance dance dance!

Of course, I'm referring to a certain two-tailed feline by the name of Chen (often spelled in all caps with several e's), and this week, she's got not one, but TWO songs remade (one for each tail/one extra for missing the deadline): "The Fantastic Legend Of Tohno" and "Diao Ye Zong ~ Withered Lead". It's two Chen songs for the zero the price!

I guess that's going to make "Capital City Of Flowers In The Sky", the longest stage theme in Touhou (as far as I can tell), the official tenth remake, but for the tenth week, I got a HUGE surprise in store. Hint: It's not just my favorite boss theme, but I'm putting a special spin on it!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 07:13:51 AM by Spaztique »

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #64 on: May 25, 2011, 06:34:36 AM »
Cat! *TING* She's a kitty cat! And she can dance dance dance. She can dance dance dance!

Of course, I'm referring to a certain two-tailed feline by the name of Chen (often spelled in all caps with several e's), and this week, she's got not one, but TWO songs remade (one for each tail/one extra for missing the deadline): "The Fantastic Legend Of Tohno" and "Diao Ye Zong ~ Withered Lead". It's two Chen songs for the zero the price!
Nicely done! BTW happy belated birthday :toot:
I'd post my Necrofantasia make but computers are having issues ATM, plus I tried (but failed last-minute) to get a SD-20 for cheap.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 01:50:30 PM by 칼장 (ナイフ長) »
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Anunsew

• No errors for 5 seconds!
  • Currently fueled by Infinite Love!
« Reply #65 on: May 25, 2011, 06:51:00 AM »

Not a fan of Tohno, but it sounds great.

The Diao Ye Zong, however, is love. I absolutely loved the slow violins. :3
I maybe just being nitpicky, but the drumkit sounds a wee bit unnatural.

I'm kind of late in checking Scarlet Beyond A Crimson Dream out, but I also liked how it turned out. My favorite menu theme. :3
It's the only menu theme that I can call 'alive'. :P
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 06:56:30 AM by Kurozukin Anunsew »

Spaztique

« Reply #66 on: June 01, 2011, 05:05:56 AM »
Bad news: It's another one of those busy weeks.

Good news: I'm releasing "The Capital Of Flowers In The Sky" AND the secret tenth (or rather, what was supposed to be the tenth) song on the same day.

Better news: Everybody do the Rumia! Stretch out your arms like you invented the decimal system and get killed by Marisa! I'm also doing "Soul As A Red As A Ground Cherry" to make up for the lateness!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 01:18:34 AM by Spaztique »

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #67 on: June 02, 2011, 05:38:14 AM »
Bad news: It's another one of those busy weeks.

Good news: I'm releasing "The Capital Of Flowers In The Sky" AND the secret tenth (or rather, what was supposed to be the tenth) song on the same day.

Better news: Everybody do the Rumia! Stretch out your arms like you invented the decimal system and get killed by Marisa! I'm also doing "Soul As A Red As A Ground Cherry" to make up for the lateness!
Ah, and I actually made a working prototype of that one! Though the initial pianos aren't quite there yet.
Maybe we'll get a double triple (yep, both Sonar and Logic but expect the latter version to be the better of the two) shot of "Is that so?" next week :3 (or maybe not on time. Too much Minecraft fun :V)

EDIT: Also requesting Cinderella Cage because I've done a Logic version, and it'd be nice to hear a comparison.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 05:38:39 AM by HARU Channel Syndications »
Bad command or file name

Spaztique

« Reply #68 on: June 08, 2011, 08:48:20 AM »
Ah, and I actually made a working prototype of that one! Though the initial pianos aren't quite there yet.
Maybe we'll get a double triple (yep, both Sonar and Logic but expect the latter version to be the better of the two) shot of "Is that so?" next week :3 (or maybe not on time. Too much Minecraft fun :V)

EDIT: Also requesting Cinderella Cage because I've done a Logic version, and it'd be nice to hear a comparison.

Hmmm... Since doing the original songs will take a bit longer than the midis, I'll accept the request alongside the others (since I seem to be pretty okay a juggling multiple songs now).

Also, I'll be uploading three songs today, and the first song of the day will also be my tenth remake: "???" Enjoy!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 11:01:30 AM by Spaztique »

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #69 on: June 08, 2011, 09:22:44 AM »
Hmmm... Since doing the original songs will take a bit longer than the midis, I'll accept the request alongside the others (since I seem to be pretty okay a juggling multiple songs now).

Also, first song of the day, the tenth upload: "???" Enjoy!
WHOA, NICE.

I tried to do this song in TTS-1 but never got the main square waves and stuff down properly.

Commenting time:
The last part's squares (around 2:23) are a bit bright for both game and MA versions. In my version I replaced the square with a modified Wire Lead to better match the warmer and fuzzy aspects of the tone (but it was still a bit strong).

It would be a good bit easier to retry in Logic (ha, apply Exciter effect to Square Lead in EXS24 - that bright tone is almost out of the way! >:D)

Oh, and is there a way to bounce audio by channel with Sonar and the TTS-1? It'd be useful since I tend to do mixing in Logic and it's hard enough to learn one set of AUs (Logic does not natively take VSTs) for compression, effects, etc. It'd be a nusiance to do this in Sonar IMO before exporting to Logic for post-production.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 09:24:23 AM by HARU Channel Syndications »
Bad command or file name

Spaztique

« Reply #70 on: June 08, 2011, 09:37:49 AM »
WHOA, NICE.

I tried to do this song in TTS-1 but never got the main square waves and stuff down properly.

Actually, I'm using Delayed Leads, which are VERY manipulable as far as soundsculpting (if that is such a word) goes. For the lead, my settings are +37 cutoff, +21 resonance, +19 character, +2 attack, +44 decay, +16 release, +14 vibrato depth with +10 delay, and shifted up an octave.

Commenting time:
The last part's squares (around 2:23) are a bit bright for both game and MA versions. In my version I replaced the square with a modified Wire Lead to better match the warmer and fuzzy aspects of the tone (but it was still a bit strong).

That's strange. I could've sworn I had gotten them spot-on. Oh well. Close enough.

It would be a good bit easier to retry in Logic (ha, apply Exciter effect to Square Lead in EXS24 - that bright tone is almost out of the way! >:D)

Oh, and is there a way to bounce audio by channel with Sonar and the TTS-1? It'd be useful since I tend to do mixing in Logic and it's hard enough to learn one set of AUs (Logic does not natively take VSTs) for compression, effects, etc. It'd be a nusiance to do this in Sonar IMO before exporting to Logic for post-production.

As far as exporting goes, there are two options:
1. Exporting the track outputs. Go to Export, look for Source Category, and select Tracks. This will export the individual TTS-1 outputs. You can also Freeze the synth by right-clicking on the output and selecting Freeze, which exports a .wav file while saving the midi data so you can thaw the synth later and continue editing.
2. Exporting the individual tracks by simply Solo'ing each midi channel and exporting them. It's brute force, but it works.

Spaztique

Re: [Music] The Roland TTS-1 Remake Project *Updated (around) Tuesdays*
« Reply #71 on: June 15, 2011, 12:08:33 AM »
Dear Mr. EP,

This letter is to confirm that you have received your order of:
-One (1) copy of "Soul As Red As A Ground Cherry"
-One (1) friendly laid down gauntlet to see you outdo this in Logic.

Sincerely,
SpazEX: We deliver.

Next up, "Capital City Of Flowers In The Sky", and THEN I'll get to "Kagome Kagome ~ Cinderella Cage".

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #72 on: June 15, 2011, 12:45:33 AM »
Dear Mr. EP,

This letter is to confirm that you have received your order of:
-One (1) copy of "Soul As Red As A Ground Cherry"
-One (1) friendly laid down gauntlet to see you outdo this in Logic.

Sincerely,
SpazEX: We deliver.

Next up, "Capital City Of Flowers In The Sky", and THEN I'll get to "Kagome Kagome ~ Cinderella Cage".
:o :o :o

That sounds so similar to my version in Sonar! Especially that EP Phase (tried changing it a bazillion times but this seems closest) and ZUNpet! Did you steal my file? (though the pianos weren't as bright and the bass was punchier on mine)

As for your competition, BRING IT ON. >:D No, not just for "who can best approximate ZUN" (in which case Sonar has a big lead), but this is all to better learn Logic and mixing in my case.

Finally got rtpMIDI working on my x201, so all its softsynths (minus VSC for some reason, and working on VSTi integration via VSTHost) can be used as slaves in Logic! AHAHAHAHAHA ~

EDIT: I did it already. And fixed up Cinderella Cage a bit.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 07:30:06 AM by HARU Channel Syndications »
Bad command or file name

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #73 on: June 27, 2011, 08:57:27 PM »
Surprise! Update! And it's been almost two weeks!

"...wait", you guys say! "You're not Spaztique ~"

...yes, EP has made an update to this project too! Logic seems to have crashed (along with OS X), leaving him with his x201, Win2k3, and Sonar X1! So when calculus review got too crazy one day in library, well, here goes nothing!

...but whose theme? Well, it's surprisingly fitting given that I hijacked this whilst snoozing on my own projects :derp: ... or not.
The answer is...

...wait, lemme get my paper out....

JAOOO ~ ! It's Hong Meiling's theme from EoSD, put onto the TTS-1! :D :colonveeplusalpha:
Spoiler:
(OK those of you expecting Kogasa can stop shooting me now)

I'll let you try this one as well. Not saying you should run and get Logic (and likely a Mac as well), though, since that'd be overkill (Logic alone - US$400-500, unless you go for the stupefied Express version).

Also got an SD-20 on its way. :V

EDIT: ...yeah, I probably should've brought my studio headphones while making this. Relied on cheap in-ear set whilst writing...and there's a few too many discrepancies.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 12:11:00 AM by PARU Telecom Networks, LLC »
Bad command or file name

Spaztique

« Reply #74 on: June 28, 2011, 01:06:25 AM »
Amazing work there, EP. Hell, with the massive delay on my end, you've pretty much taken the mantle at the moment.

Though, upon closer inspection of the .cwp file, I do have some notes you can use in the future...

-Looking at the Synth rack, it seems you have two instances of the TTS-1 going. Nothing wrong with that, but my self-imposed rule is to limit it to one. Though, this clearly shows us what two instances of the TTS-1 can do.
-As far as I can tell, none of the outputs seem to follow a particular pattern. Generally, I keep the main instruments on output 1, drums on output 2, bass on output 3, and anything else needing compression/effects on output 4.
-There isn't a mixing bus for post-processing effects, which is critical for mastering. As I've mentioned in my commentaries, my chain is (in generalized terms)...
1. An equalizer with a highpass at 37 hz to cut off the muddy bass noises.
2. Light reverb.
3. Compression (3:1) to make the quiet sounds louder and louder sounds settle in the mix.
4. A stereofying plugin to widen the stereo sounds (UpStereo by QuikQuak is my go-to, and it's free. My settings are 54.47 stereo widening, 0.0 db boost, around 25% air, 25% bass, and Loud off.)
5. A hard limiter to bring out peek performance in the sound. Boost11 comes with many versions of Sonar (and you can't get any harder a limiter than this), but the Aradaz Maximizer is a good freeware alternative (which I'm using for the Yuyuko Sketch thing I'm making since it's slowly than Boost11).

Other than that, it's perfect. It's so perfect, in fact, all I had to do was add a mixing bus and the above effects chain to make a mastered version. I could send you the .wav of the version I mastered, or you could try to make this yourself by adding a bus (go to Console or Track View, look for the buses, right click and choose "Add Bus"), then set all of your TTS-1 outputs to "Bus 1" or whatever you name it. Then, just add the above effects.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 01:11:57 AM by Spaztique »

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #75 on: June 28, 2011, 01:20:42 AM »
Still trying to put annotations on the YT version....

Amazing work there, EP. Hell, with the massive delay on my end, you've pretty much taken the mantle at the moment.
Thanks! I guess I'll be off to convert those XG MIDIs too....

Though, upon closer inspection of the .cwp file, I do have some notes you can use in the future...
Oh hey, it works with Sonar 8!
...OK, I was expecting feedback, hence my upload of the CWP.

-Looking at the Synth rack, it seems you have two instances of the TTS-1 going. Nothing wrong with that, but my self-imposed rule is to limit it to one. Though, this clearly shows us what two instances of the TTS-1 can do.
Not very well for the latter. As for my reasons, the Fretless Bass and Analog Kit (both custom additions, kind of) pushed the polyphony just above 128, and I'm not a big fan of note cutoff. Also I wanted to test how to use mulitple devices + outputs rather quickly.
Depending on where I'll be processing the audio, I may use 4 TTS-1s (1 channel per output) next time.

-As far as I can tell, none of the outputs seem to follow a particular pattern. Generally, I keep the main instruments on output 1, drums on output 2, bass on output 3, and anything else needing compression/effects on output 4.
I exported each track to audio (96kHz 32bit) first, imported them into a new CWP (which I could make for download but it's far too large), and then did the effects through trial, error, and lots of audio dropouts even with ASIO (damn you hard drives and dual-core CPUs). As for the no pattern outputs, it was only done for the sake of rapid bouncing, and not for organization.

-There isn't a mixing bus for post-processing effects, which is critical for mastering. As I've mentioned in my commentaries, my chain is (in generalized terms)...
1. An equalizer with a highpass at 37 hz to cut off the muddy bass noises.
2. Light reverb.
3. Compression (3:1) to make the quiet sounds louder and louder sounds settle in the mix.
4. A stereofying plugin to widen the stereo sounds (UpStereo by QuikQuak is my go-to, and it's free)
5. A hard limiter to bring out peek performance in the sound. Boost11 comes with many versions of Sonar (and you can't get any harder a limiter than this), but the Aradaz Maximizer is a good freeware alternative (which I'm using for the Yuyuko Sketch thing I'm making since it's slowly than Boost11).
The other CWP I mentioned with a few effects (namely #2 and a bit of #3 albeit with different ratio) but this was for mixing purposes and dealt with the bounced audio (and exported the resulting video/MP3) and not the MIDI data itself. I normally don't do this, but being a first try...well, it'll do, despite the long detour.
Boost11 comes with X1, so I'll give that a try.

But overall I'm not terribly familiar with Sonar's way of putting effects yet. A bit similar to Logic (drag-and-drop to sends), but interface is quite different. Too used to Apple's Compressor and Space Designer AUs....

Other than that, it's perfect. It's so perfect, in fact, all I had to do was add a mixing bus and the above effects chain to make a mastered version. I could send you the .wav of the version I mastered, or you could try to make this yourself by adding a bus (go to Console or Track View, look for the buses, right click and choose "Add Bus"), then set all of your TTS-1 outputs to "Bus 1" or whatever you name it. Then, just add the above effects.
Sweet, I'll try that. Though it seems that I was limited to MIDI effects in the FX hub thing on my MIDI tracks...or I wasn't looking hard enough (and my laptop's piss-low screen resolution doesn't help that).
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 01:30:32 AM by PARU Telecom Networks, LLC »
Bad command or file name

Spaztique

« Reply #76 on: June 28, 2011, 01:40:29 AM »
Depending on where I'll be processing the audio, I may use 4 TTS-1s (1 channel per output) next time.

Four may be a bit excessive if only two can make near-perfect results.

I exported each track to audio (96kHz 32bit) first, imported them into a new CWP (which I could make for download but it's far too large), and then did the effects through trial, error, and lots of audio dropouts even with ASIO (damn you hard drives and dual-core CPUs). As for the no pattern outputs, it was only done for the sake of rapid bouncing, and not for organization.

I actually use the MME drivers. I know somebody will tell me to use the WDM or ASIO drivers, but MME seems the most stable for me and I don't really hear a sound difference.

Since I already have my mastering chain, I tend to master everything in real-time.

But overall I'm not terribly familiar with Sonar's way of putting effects yet. A bit similar to Logic (drag-and-drop to sends), but interface is quite different. Too used to Apple's Compressor and Space Designer AUs....
Sweet, I'll try that. Though it seems that I was limited to MIDI effects in the FX hub thing on my MIDI tracks...or I wasn't looking hard enough (and my laptop's piss-low screen resolution doesn't help that).

You can't put effects on midi date channels because that's all they are: just data. Each midi channel sends data to the vst, and then that vst outputs it to one of the four outputs, creating the sounds you hear. The sounds can then be applied with different effects. After that, they are either sent to the main output or one of the effects buses for post-processing.

If you're in need of any more vsts or plugins, swing by KRV Audio, which has a library of freeware plugins.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 01:43:51 AM by Spaztique »

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #77 on: June 28, 2011, 01:45:53 AM »
Four may be a bit excessive if only two can make near-perfect results.
...yeah, but each channel gets its own output! :V

I actually use the MME drivers. I know somebody will tell me to use the WDM or ASIO drivers, but MME seems the most stable for me and I don't really hear a sound difference.
Hm, I had issues with MME on Win7 and XP. For Windows I swear by ASIO (big ASIO4ALL user) due to it being the most similar to Apple's Core Audio (ultra low-latency API - even on integrated boards!).

Since I already have my mastering chain, I tend to master everything in real-time.
Ah. I do that too on my desktop and its quad-core 8-thread CPU, but my laptop, which is only 2-core 4-thread, chokes with that. Plus it has a traditional HDD while my desktop cruises on SSDs.

You can't put effects on midi date channels because that's all they are: just data. Each midi channels sends data to the vst, and then that vst outputs it to one of the four outputs, creating the sounds you hear. The sounds can then be applied with different effects.

If you're in need of any more vsts or plugins, swing by KRV Audio, which has a library of freeware plugins.
* EP facepalms self for forgetting what MIDI messages were again
As for apply effects onto the outputs, well, that makes things a hell of a lot easier. Already knew about KVR Audio.
I'm used to VSTs but not in the serious pro-level music production environment (and Logic has zero support for them). Most of what I know about them are from experiments in Anvil, OpenMPT, VSTHost, and Sonar.

EDIT: Annotations up.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 01:57:02 AM by PARU Telecom Networks, LLC »
Bad command or file name

Spaztique

« Reply #78 on: July 13, 2011, 01:30:21 AM »
WEEKLY UPDATES!!!... Yeah. I know. It was bound to happen at one point.

Luckilly, I'm 90% done with Border Of Life, and to hold you over until then, here's a little experiment I ran on EP!'s remake of "Shanghai Alice Of Meiji 17" Enjoy!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 01:41:58 AM by Spaztique »

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #79 on: July 13, 2011, 01:40:50 AM »
Luckilly, I'm 90% done with Border Of Life, and to hold you over until then, here's a little experiment I ran on The_EP!'s remake of "Shanghai Alice Of Meiji 17" Enjoy!
Nice demonstration of before-and-after mixing!
Still learning how to use Sonar's mixing plugins over here while not playing with Logic or Minecraft.

I'm aware you used the CWP I sent you, but the MP3 version IMO would've been a better fit.

Also, I would've just put down EP (nickname) or apr0396 (YT name) instead of The_EP. Just saying :P

I'd also put a full MP3 of the mixed version up, which I'll link to on my original as well.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 01:42:52 AM by PARU Telecom Networks, LLC »
Bad command or file name

Spaztique

« Reply #80 on: July 19, 2011, 03:28:42 AM »
Nice demonstration of before-and-after mixing!
Still learning how to use Sonar's mixing plugins over here while not playing with Logic or Minecraft.

I'm aware you used the CWP I sent you, but the MP3 version IMO would've been a better fit.

Also, I would've just put down EP (nickname) or apr0396 (YT name) instead of The_EP. Just saying :P

I'd also put a full MP3 of the mixed version up, which I'll link to on my original as well.

As in "upload a fully mixed version to Youtube"? Or "upload the mp3s to a file host"?

Also, Yuyuko's busting out the big ol' fan to assault your ears with musical butterflies with "Bloom Nobly, Cherry Blossoms of Sumizome ~ Border Of Life"! Enjoy!

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #81 on: July 19, 2011, 05:02:21 AM »
As in "upload a fully mixed version to Youtube"? Or "upload the mp3s to a file host"?
Both would be nice - plus the MP3 can be linked in video description.

I'll have to take a listen to it later, but am busy with several things at once, one of which is a manual remake for this project, which was in turn delayed by upcoming uni work, Touhou GTA v1.6, Minecraft, and (worst of all) a HELL of a lot of fun with hardware synths (SD-20, MU1000 EX, SC-8850, and a SD-90's on the way).
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 03:07:48 AM by YAMA Judgemental Enterprises »
Bad command or file name

Spaztique

« Reply #82 on: August 10, 2011, 12:41:51 PM »
Wabbits?! WABBITS?! I'M GOING MAD!!!

Well, Mr. Fudd, there's an explanation for that: looking at a moon rabbit directly in the eyes can induce lunacy, so take care when assaulting the House of Eternity/Eientei by following these precautions:
1. Avert your eyes; preferably at the swarm of bullets heading towards you.
2. Work in pairs when assaulting the building.
3. Listen to some kickass music like "Cinderella Cage ~ Kagome Kagome".

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #83 on: August 10, 2011, 06:38:15 PM »
Wabbits?! WABBITS?! I'M GOING MAD!!!

Well, Mr. Fudd, there's an explanation for that: looking at a moon rabbit directly in the eyes can induce lunacy, so take care when assaulting the House of Eternity/Eientei by following these precautions:
1. Avert your eyes; preferably at the swarm of bullets heading towards you.
2. Work in pairs when assaulting the building.
3. Listen to some kickass music like "Cinderella Cage ~ Kagome Kagome".
OK, you win this one vs. my quickly made version.
But I have my SD-90, MU1000, and SC-8850 (hardware synths - ZUN uses the first) ready to out-do this. Those Logic things were a warm-up and a test of EXS24's stock samples and presets. :smug:

I find the trumpets a bit too strong. Drowns everything else.

The beginning pads or arpeggiated guitars that were in the WAV versions are not easily noticeable. In ZUN's later works, they are defined by the Slow Strings. In the case of the guitars, that's where Virtual Guitarist and its arpeggiator were used instead of the SD-90.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 06:41:03 PM by YAMA Judgemental Enterprises »
Bad command or file name

« Reply #84 on: August 11, 2011, 01:30:34 AM »
snip

If you buy Virtual Guitarist you should be able to get any of IN's songs right in less than a hour, even if you aren't familiar with Special 2's pads. IN's midis are actually pretty close to the originals in terms of instrumentation and settings.

Oh yes, Virtual Guitarist. Good luck trying to emulate it.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #85 on: August 11, 2011, 02:31:54 AM »
If you buy Virtual Guitarist you should be able to get any of IN's songs right in less than a hour, even if you aren't familiar with Special 2's pads. IN's midis are actually pretty close to the originals in terms of instrumentation and settings.
Yeah, that is, if there's an AU version available....
Bad command or file name

« Reply #86 on: August 11, 2011, 03:05:19 AM »
Yeah, that is, if there's an AU version available....

The original VG didn't have an AU version, but VG2 does. VG2 includes everything from VG1 and VG Electric Edition while adding some new stuff.

Overall, it's a nice instrument to have around.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 07:26:40 PM by Not Bigode »

Spaztique

Re: [Music] The Roland TTS-1 Remake Project *Taking a break to make cartoons*
« Reply #87 on: November 08, 2011, 03:26:01 PM »

I'm back and ready to get back to remaking, and I'm starting with an old remake I promised a long while ago, but never finished due to its length and complexity: "Capital City Of Flowers In The Sky. Enjoy!

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
Re: [Music] The Roland TTS-1 Remake Project *It's back!*
« Reply #88 on: November 09, 2011, 02:54:06 AM »
Nice to see this is back!
...*invoke terrible memories of PCB Stage 4...GAH THIS STAGE IS TOO LONG*

I have a bit of issue with the synth lead, which I feel has too much modulation.

I should try to complement this with Ghostly Ensemble. That is, if TTS-1 and/or Hyper Canvas under Win7 x64 decides to work again (otherwise I'll have to either use Win2k3 or use my SD-90's Classic Bank  and its editing tools to emulate this DXi).
Bad command or file name

Spaztique

Re: [Music] The Roland TTS-1 Remake Project *It's back!*
« Reply #89 on: January 03, 2012, 01:15:38 AM »
Sorry for the wait again. My New Year's Resolution is to make more of these more often, and next up is Crystallized Silver, but first, EoSD's Stage 3 theme, "Shanghai Teahouse ~ Chinese Tea"!