Author Topic: [Music + Art] Atelier Album Project Submissions  (Read 56133 times)

VIVItheFujoshi

• Blackouts=Makeouts! ;)
  • hohoho~*
    • in devianart
Re: [Music + Art] Atelier Album Project Submissions
« Reply #150 on: December 12, 2010, 03:53:19 AM »
TWO AND A HALF HOURS LEFT.
Mr Squid, please submit the second draw...that is the definitive...the other is good but is too red. http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o20/Heiwa_album/psybaraanother31429.png
and..uh, how emotion!  :blush: :ohdear: :o :3 :getdown:

Monochrome Rainbow~* Technicolor Ochoufujoshi!
(?y ahora en espa?ol ,yay!) he will be Adequate?

Anunsew

• No errors for 5 seconds!
  • Currently fueled by Infinite Love!
« Reply #151 on: December 12, 2010, 04:59:34 AM »
In the face of Photoshop and CG coloring, I don't think my only colored art entry would stand a chance:

But it doesn't hurt to try. XD
Rin Satsuki
         Hijakk LOL

1 HOUR LEFT.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 05:01:33 AM by Anunsew »

« Reply #152 on: December 12, 2010, 05:52:57 AM »
There we go. Although it's only about 50% of the full song I imagined, it should be more than enough for this album. Unfortunately, the recording had to be rushed, so there's sound distortion and clipping all over the place. I'm very sorry for that, I'll give you a better one, and a FLAC as well, if this passes judging. Also, forgive the ending composition, gonna fix this as well.

Reminiscing About The Little Girl's Great Nocturnal Tour ~ Sound Galaxy
Arranger: Nameless Legacy

MP3

Sources:

TH03 東方夢時空 ~ The Phantasmagoria of Dim. Dream
  • Reincarnation (3:29 is taken from the Dolls in Pseudo Paradise remix)
  • Tabula rasa ~空白少女
  • 夢消失 ~ Lost Dream
  • スターボウドリーム

TH04 東方幻想郷 ~ Lotus Land Story
  • 幻想郷 ~ Lotus Land Story
  • Witching Dream
  • Selene's light
  • 装飾戦 ~ Decoration Battle
  • Break the Sabbath
  • 霊戦 ~ Perdition crisis
  • アリスマエステラ
  • Dream Land
  • Peaceful
  • 幻想の住人

Should be enough fanservice to console for the few original parts.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 04:44:42 PM by NamelessLegacy »

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #153 on: December 12, 2010, 06:02:21 AM »
The Memories of the Kappa

Enjoy.  The ending was not really what I wanted it to be, but oh well.  Based, of course, on The Gensokyo the Gods Loved, Mountain of Faith stage 3 theme, though it's somehow rearranged as well.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 06:42:09 AM by Affinity »

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #154 on: December 12, 2010, 06:34:05 AM »
YO DAWG GIMME SOME MINUTES
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

Anunsew

« Reply #155 on: December 12, 2010, 07:30:18 AM »
It's beautiful. :3
1:46--1:47...I feel no regret downloading this 11mb all for that single second.
And then when Perdition Crisis started, I was like: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!!! XDDD

I envy your synthesizers and mixing skills. ENVYYYyyyyyy~

« Reply #156 on: December 12, 2010, 07:49:29 AM »
Thanks! I kinda expected this to have a facemelting impact, but it's really nice to see it actually confirmed.

About the mixing, well, I guess that's around 30% of the composition work. Since most of the time, after recording a few bars somewhere, I always have to adjust the other instruments already playing there immediately to include the new part in the mix, and it does take quite some time... Well, that's the workflow if you have your synthesizer directly connected to your sequencer, instead of just running it through soundfonts after you're done with the composition ...

Can't really share your envy about the synthesizer though, since after hearing Affinity's arrange, I absolutely envy those... That song's easily one of my favorites of all the submissions. This floating underwater atmosphere is just breathtaking... Too bad you didn't manage to submit more, this would raise the final album sound quality quite a bit!

... For some reason I keep hearing Green Hill Zone throughout the arrange. Oh well.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 08:01:25 AM by NamelessLegacy »

« Reply #157 on: December 12, 2010, 07:55:34 AM »
DEADLINE IS NOW! SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW CLOSED.

...though, Hakurei, if you can finish up before tomorrow, then I'll accept it. Just hurry it up.

I'll start talking with the other judges to see when we can start the judging process. Thanks for all your submissions.
All lies and all sin, all dreams and all majesty, Everything rots in this ruined hell

[The Perfect, Elegant Maid] [Pathos of the Hated People] [Music, Projects, and Art]

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #158 on: December 12, 2010, 08:33:30 AM »
Thanks, NamelessLegacy, your medley is also pretty great as well.  The drums and the guitar come in just about perfectly, and the sounds and drumbeats are really crisp and clear.  Also, the arrangement and the links between different sections of different songs are really logically and natural.  It also somehow fits the theme of east meets west as well (if that's a theme of the album), combining the rather western guitar riffs with the eastern melodies.  And well, the ending does seem as if it would lead to something else, but yup, again, well done.

As for the Green Hill thing, that's quite interesting.  Never thought about it before, though I can vaguely see it.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 02:43:25 PM by Affinity »

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #159 on: December 12, 2010, 08:37:54 AM »
Yeah sorry bout that, woke up really early and all.
Like I just said on IRC, all that's left for me to do is the eyes, but I can't do it in my current condition and risk spoiling everything.

It'll be done tomorrow, that's for sure.
                                                                                   .

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
« Reply #160 on: December 12, 2010, 11:01:34 AM »
i think i hear some sort of rhythmical mismatch in the intro...

Anunsew

« Reply #161 on: December 13, 2010, 01:10:31 AM »
i think i hear some sort of rhythmical mismatch in the intro...

I thought that was to complement the dissonance of pitches, like a broken piano or something.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #162 on: December 13, 2010, 02:27:33 AM »
fucking finally

Here it is.

Now I'll get to the judging.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 03:31:27 AM by HakureiSM »
                                                                                   .

« Reply #163 on: December 13, 2010, 06:08:20 AM »
Alright. Judges, please look over each entry carefully on your own and send me a PM by next Sunday with your rating and a short review for each entry. Please be honest, and don't speak with other judges about your votes. And, of course, no rating your own work.

Let's get this moving, people.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 06:10:21 AM by Squidtentacle »
All lies and all sin, all dreams and all majesty, Everything rots in this ruined hell

[The Perfect, Elegant Maid] [Pathos of the Hated People] [Music, Projects, and Art]

Kommisar

• 8 Bit Chef
  • Jewfro
    • Bluexoon
« Reply #164 on: December 13, 2010, 09:46:07 AM »
get hyped
spellcheck lol

flamezero16

• The Great Southern Trendkill
  • Whats up amigo?
    • My Youtube
« Reply #165 on: December 13, 2010, 07:04:25 PM »
Alright. Judges, please look over each entry carefully on your own and send me a PM by next Sunday with your rating and a short review for each entry. Please be honest, and don't speak with other judges about your votes. And, of course, no rating your own work.

Let's get this moving, people.

Just to clarify, rating on a 0-10 scale squidy =o?

Kommisar

• 8 Bit Chef
  • Jewfro
    • Bluexoon
« Reply #166 on: December 13, 2010, 10:15:17 PM »
and what's passing grade  :ohdear:
spellcheck lol

flamezero16

• Whats up amigo?
    • My Youtube
« Reply #167 on: December 14, 2010, 01:48:25 AM »
and what's passing grade  :ohdear:

Coincidentally Kommi, it looks like your first 3 links are down =O have em uploaded somewhere else?

« Reply #168 on: December 14, 2010, 05:06:57 AM »
Just to clarify, rating on a 0-10 scale squidy =o?

Yeah, we'll use 0-10.

Kommisar

• 8 Bit Chef
  • Jewfro
    • Bluexoon
« Reply #169 on: December 14, 2010, 07:44:03 AM »
Coincidentally Kommi, it looks like your first 3 links are down =O have em uploaded somewhere else?

no probalo. my ftp is down atm that's probably why

http://8bc.org/music/Kommisar/Dream+Express/

http://8bc.org/music/Kommisar/Bad+Apple!++Touhou/

http://www.sendspace.com/file/hy7zjz

http://www.sendspace.com/file/dkqtjc
spellcheck lol

« Reply #170 on: December 20, 2010, 06:39:24 AM »
send me a PM by next Sunday
It's Monday now. And I think I did state that I need at least the music judging results yesterday, in order to start with the trailer. Flamezero told me he did hand in his votes three days ago. I don't know about the other judges (and, what a surprise, neither does Flame), but it shouldn't take that much time.

I can't prepare more for the trailer than I already did. Well, I could record replays and talk with the musicians to pick images and animations for every possible song. But I hate the thought that a big percentage of this will be wasted effort, and even more so after I talked with Flame and realized that my opinion on the best submitted tracks vastly differs from his.

We have 9 days (minus a certain amount of understandable Christmas delay) until Comiket. And we will need all that time to put together a cohesive and nice-sounding album, as well as a trailer and a website to compete with the rest of the C79 releases, since that was the plan. At this point, we have nothing of this. We can't afford any delays now.

Also, regarding the former point, we should not just put those MP3s, which are of varying quality level anyway, up for download. Lloyd and PT8 already stated the need for mastering and quality control, but those posts largely seemed to be ignored
Spoiler:
maybe because stuff like this is unfunny and stressing, as Sercan put it
. Heck, even N-Forza requires the album to be of a sufficient quality level, and even though this was referring to selling a physical album, I doubt he would hand out the fliers if it's not.
*sigh* If no one who is still around cares, I'd do this as well, seeing as I have to edit my track anyway.

Spoiler:
And after a half week, that's still the most friendly way I found to put that all.
[/size]

« Reply #171 on: December 20, 2010, 07:04:32 AM »
Nameless. Quit freaking out about this so damn much. You are stressing out about this far more than anyone has any right to.

For me, it's only Sunday. Flame handed in his votes. I have my votes finished. Sercan has only submitted results for one person. Hakurei and Autumn (my mistake, Autumn isn't a judge) have not submitted anything. However, I just barely messaged them to tell them that they're late and they need to get their votes in ASAP.

My personal thought is this. If we don't make it by Comiket, fine. It was a sudden project with little planning put into it which was revised repeatedly until we had a final "plan" almost at the last minute. Even then, preparations were shaky and some people (myself included, I know that much) felt rushed or didn't get a chance to submit all they wanted to. If this is not finished by Comiket, it's not the end of the world. There are other conventions, which will give us much more time to prepare and plan. We're not yet an established circle like dBu or Demetori, we have not made any official announcements as to when we are releasing this, and therefore we have no obligations to squander.

If we miss Comiket, we can use the time until the next convention to properly plan, probably extend the submission deadline a month or two, get a nice website up and running, and touch up things that have already been completed. In fact, at this rate, it would likely be a better idea to wait until the next convention, but I'm still holding out for the other three judges to send me their votes.

tl;dr: Calm down. Missing Comiket is not a bad thing, and actually might be favorable at this point for better quality of the final product.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 07:25:20 AM by Squidtentacle »

flamezero16

• Whats up amigo?
    • My Youtube
« Reply #172 on: December 20, 2010, 03:15:21 PM »
Haha there ya go Legacy =p Sounds like a long way of sayin, dont worry so much.

Also Haku >=o Dissapointed son.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #173 on: December 20, 2010, 03:44:02 PM »
What, I've delivered it several hours ago already.
Squid probably just didn't have time to update yet, that's all.
                                                                                   .

« Reply #174 on: December 20, 2010, 03:53:00 PM »
I went to bed pretty much right after I posted that.

Yeah, all the votes have been submitted. I'll have them averaged by the end of the day, since I'm meeting with the Provost of my university at some point today. But don't worry, I'll have them done ASAP.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #175 on: December 20, 2010, 05:53:49 PM »
Yeah, I figured.
I miss sleeping =/
                                                                                   .

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
« Reply #176 on: December 20, 2010, 07:46:12 PM »
Haha there ya go Legacy =p Sounds like a long way of sayin, dont worry so much.

Also Haku >=o Dissapointed son.
Son, I am disappoint.
i submitted my ratings too.

Autumn

• Autumn is coming!~~~
« Reply #177 on: December 20, 2010, 10:28:50 PM »
Looks like everything was thrown together in a rush eh.

Well, if you guys need help with something just contact me, it's winter break so I dedicated myself to screwing around hooray!  :V

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
« Reply #178 on: March 19, 2011, 03:24:15 PM »
Wake up, thread.
Bad Apple!!
Sakura Sakura ~ Japanese Dream
An Ice Fairy in Spring -Dawn-
no really, wake up
(also, sakana's permission granted to bump)