Author Topic: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server ( Down for the season )  (Read 236250 times)

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
Re: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server ( 1.0 Update! )
« Reply #360 on: January 08, 2012, 02:40:53 PM »
Like a sniffing penis
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

CadrinHaverit

« Reply #361 on: January 08, 2012, 04:10:04 PM »
My fave are those rare occasions where a creeper does the impossible, sees you through a cobble stone wall, and explodes anyway.

It can smell your fear
Woah, it can actually happen? The worst I had was a creeper trying to glitch through the floor to get me (THEY'RE COMING OUT OF THE WALLS!), but they never actually succeeded to explode while being separated from me by a solid wall.

The opposite happened to me once, though. I was just AFK farming at my mob grinder when a creeper snuck up behind me from the connecting caverns. He just stood there, next to me, separated from me by a single block of cobble, just watching the wonders of technology. I let him watch, then rewarded him for his curiosity by slaying him.

T'was a nice fellow.

Kyo Tanaka

• Don't worry Sakuya, I will (Uuu~♥) protect you...
« Reply #362 on: January 09, 2012, 02:30:08 AM »
Hey guys. I had a few looks into this thread here and there every now and then, and I'm rather interested to see what was made in this server. Although, I do not have the full version of the game.

Would anyone happen to have a Gift Code? I would like to get one of those. Or at least a spare to lend to me, if you don't mind at all.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 02:33:25 AM by Kyo Tanaka »

« Reply #363 on: January 09, 2012, 08:01:26 AM »
I don't know if anyone would be able to help you with that.. I'm not sure if any of our present players have an alternate account. Eraiya (or was it Eraiyna?) had an alternate account that he loaned out to other players, but sadly he hasn't been with us for many months.. Sorry, mate.

HappyEmoKid1

• That Yin Yang orb is evil, I tell you!
  • ...intrigued by that butterfly.
« Reply #364 on: January 09, 2012, 08:21:44 AM »
Eh? People on the MC server I go on (strictly Touhou fan persons only, even) never mentioned this server. Perhaps I'll swing by some time.
Though, it doesn't look like a place I'd want to stay at for long. Perhaps that's the Dynmap giving it that feeling?

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #365 on: January 09, 2012, 12:24:25 PM »
I don't know if anyone would be able to help you with that.. I'm not sure if any of our present players have an alternate account. Eraiya (or was it Eraiyna?) had an alternate account that he loaned out to other players, but sadly he hasn't been with us for many months.. Sorry, mate.
It was Eraiya, and during the server control conflict on DDR's he mentioned that Fanciful_Ghost was the alternate account that he made for those purposes. I still see said account on this server periodically.

Eh? People on the MC server I go on (strictly Touhou fan persons only, even) never mentioned this server.
Only other Touhou-esque server I know of is Gensokyo MC Server, which has some very nice structures but I find it lacking.

We've been mixed up several times with such servers, I'll tell you that. We're not really doing much relevant to Touhou here (no attempts to remake Gensokyo, for instance), instead we just play MC the way we want to play it.
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

HappyEmoKid1

• That Yin Yang orb is evil, I tell you!
  • ...intrigued by that butterfly.
« Reply #366 on: January 10, 2012, 01:03:41 AM »
I find it lacking.
Our Admin recently let Builder+ ranks help him build Gensokyo. That's going from one lazy builder to 10+ experienced builders.
Soon, I say, soon you won't find it lacking at all.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #367 on: January 10, 2012, 01:10:11 AM »
My primary grievance with said server is that it's in Creative Mode. I personally have a heavy preference to Survival, and we don't intend on putting Creative mode here.

But I do visit it every once in a blue moon to see how things are going; alas, I only know one other visitor there, who was also the former Op of one of the previous servers we had.
Bad command or file name

Kinzo the Astro Curious

• One small step for Desu; One giant leap for touhou-kind!
« Reply #368 on: January 10, 2012, 01:32:53 PM »
so there was only 1 guy realistically building anything? Sounds like it was a pretty dire place to me actually.

« Reply #369 on: January 10, 2012, 02:14:29 PM »
The Gensokyo server? I guess there are many people that work on that. Although, I could imagine that someone managed to build all that by themselves with /item and eventually Creative.

Regarding our server, we're just a bunch of Touhou fans building whatever we desire. Some people take on Touhou-style projects, but that's up to them. No need to have another server trying to rebuild Gensokyo.

That reminds me. Where has Raymoo run off to? I still need to import his awesome structures
Spoiler:
as well as update the list...

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #370 on: January 10, 2012, 10:30:29 PM »
Forgot to put it written here, but no one else's found it yet so I guess it's fine.
Calling dib's on the near-surface zombie spawner that is north of our arena.
(we're allowed to call dibs on spawners, right? :3)
                                                                                   .

« Reply #371 on: January 10, 2012, 10:41:12 PM »
Securing a food source, eh? :V

I don't believe it would be a problem. I'd prefer that they be kept open for community use, but.. eh, go for it. Go ahead and build a structure at the site to establish that it is indeed yours.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #372 on: January 10, 2012, 10:49:08 PM »
Oh it's open for everyone to use, and long as they use whatever I decide to build around it :V

I already put a sign on top of it with my name, but that's all. I kinda want to focus my efforts on the arena for now.

e: forgot to mention, on the subject of rail systems, I know how to make a fork switch for two different destinations, if that's of any use
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 11:52:28 PM by HakureiSM »
                                                                                   .

Shady_Ghost

• #totes
  • #legit
« Reply #373 on: January 11, 2012, 08:04:22 PM »
Quote from: LegitJebTweet
Also, I think we'll update Minecraft to 1.1 tomorrow...
Yeah yeah plugin updates blah blah I'm just letting yall know.  But all our custom plugins are now suddenly gonna be redundant.  Sheep can actually eat grass and regrow wool so there's no point to sheepfeed.  Apples actually drop from trees so no point in making it craftable.  Clay really doesnt need to be craftable still but whatever just my opinion.  Also, where is the challenge world we were promised a challenge world I WANT IT.  No but seriously are we waiting for it to update or something?  I dont really know what you guys plan on doing but if you are in fact doing biosphere it has in fact updated.  You'd better have a better excuse than :effort: that's all I gotta say :V
2lazy2createbettersig

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #374 on: January 11, 2012, 10:21:51 PM »
Yeah yeah plugin updates blah blah I'm just letting yall know.  But all our custom plugins are now suddenly gonna be redundant. 
GET HYPE! and a wait for plugins to update :V

Sheep can actually eat grass and regrow wool so there's no point to sheepfeed. 
Well, that is, if we all put our sheep on grass in the first place :V

Apples actually drop from trees so no point in making it craftable. 
Yeah, this might be something worth changing.

Clay really doesnt need to be craftable still but whatever just my opinion. 
Already tons enough as is, and people don't really go much with brick thanks to :effort:.

Also, where is the challenge world we were promised a challenge world I WANT IT.  No but seriously are we waiting for it to update or something?  I dont really know what you guys plan on doing but if you are in fact doing biosphere it has in fact updated.  You'd better have a better excuse than :effort: that's all I gotta say :V
Yes. Very yes. >:D

Stuffman did mention a while back that we would get 'Lunatic Biosphere' eventually, thankfully. I define such as 'Biosphere with a bedrock ceiling', so that mobs will perpetually spawn without a decent torching job. But even regular old Biosphere without the stupid bridge feature is great enough ^^
Bad command or file name

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #375 on: January 11, 2012, 10:47:10 PM »
:effort:

Alright, I'll look into getting it done, but it turns out we're already over our 2 GB limit (thanks, dynmap!) so I need to talk to Provision Host about that. If we have space for the world I'll put it in during the next update.

As for sheep eating grass I'd want to see how fast they eat and regrow it before getting rid of SheepFeed. And yeah I guess we can probably dump the clay recipe since recent expeditions revealed there's a lot more of it on the ocean floor than I thought.

Shady_Ghost

• #totes
  • #legit
« Reply #376 on: January 11, 2012, 11:38:54 PM »
As for sheep eating grass I'd want to see how fast they eat and regrow it before getting rid of SheepFeed. And yeah I guess we can probably dump the clay recipe since recent expeditions revealed there's a lot more of it on the ocean floor than I thought.
A simple google search is all it took~ Anyway even though I'm not a fan of these two this video provides useful info.  Basically sheep regrow instantly after eating grass and they maintain the same color wool and I'm pretty sure jeb made it so they eat tall grass too(i shall start an army of sheep just to eradicate tall grass :V) Here's the video if you're interested:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5D3cyitrqM
2lazy2createbettersig

« Reply #377 on: January 11, 2012, 11:50:00 PM »
My my... Well this is certainly interesting to wake up to.

When it comes to waiting for plugins to update, of course we mean the important plugins such as Bukkit, Essentials, Permissions, and such. These are crucial to ensure that the server runs properly while making sure that protections are kept and operational commands are available. Most everything else is just fluff; additions that enhance our gameplay, but not necessary to run the server. Yes, we've done a lot of waiting for updates in the past, but that was due to various reasons. Remember how long it took Bukkit to update after Minecraft full release went live? We got tired of weeks of waiting and tried the experimental build so that we could finally get around to playing the full game. That was because the changes to the game were quite massive. Even then, we still had issues, which thankfully got resolved once Bukkit finally updated to its current iteration.

Like I said, the changes in this new Minecraft update are interesting, but not worth updating on Day 1. You could argue that the changes are miniscule enough that waiting for Bukkit updates and the like is pointless, but *shrugs* I don't know. Stuffman and I haven't even discussed the future update.

Know to address the line that irked me quite nicely:
Also, where is the challenge world we were promised a challenge world I WANT IT.  No but seriously are we waiting for it to update or something?  I dont really know what you guys plan on doing but if you are in fact doing biosphere it has in fact updated.  You'd better have a better excuse than :effort: that's all I gotta say :V
You'll have to forgive an old Strafe for not remembering such a promise. I know that there was a fair bit of talk of an alternate world, but the subject never came up during our upgrade and map change. If I recall, most of the discussion about Biosphere was hype and hoping, but it never evolved past that.

Let me give you a quick run-down of our current setup. Two worlds, each with a sizable (even controversial) border that spans ~5000x5000. Each world, when fully explored, will be at least 500MB of data out of our 2GB HDD limit. World 1 and World 2 take up half of our disk space. An equal border limit was established for the Nether. I know that we'll likely not explore that much of the Nether, but the possibility is there. The remaining space is spent on plugins, server files, player files, Dynmap render files.... you get the picture. To throw another world on top of this structure just isn't going to work. We would have to either trim down the existing world sizes, or eliminate one of the worlds, or spend more money to upgrade to a higher HDD capacity. Ugh. Not to mention the fact that the server strains to keep up with having people in more than two worlds at the same time as it is!

I noticed that Stuffman said that he's "looking into it", but I don't know how to grant this request without completely starting over again. And that would be a slap in the face to all of the hours I've spent importing people's structures. Just sayin'.

EDIT- I hope the new sheep wool regrowth will allow them to keep their colors. Sadly, the video didn't highlight that part. Oh. Shady already said that they do. :derp:
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 11:55:46 PM by Dr.Strafe »

Shady_Ghost

• #totes
  • #legit
« Reply #378 on: January 11, 2012, 11:58:26 PM »
dat wall o text oh god.  strafe i didnt say anything about updating on day 1 at all on this update i was just letting you all know as i said  :V  besides the update doesnt change much anyway so i dont care when we do it.  you couldve said that 2nd paragraph in fewer words but whatever.  Point is stuffman did mention it at one point and i guess i went about asking in a bad way  :derp: Honestly if it aint possible to have one then just say so.   I dont mind id just like to know.
2lazy2createbettersig

« Reply #379 on: January 12, 2012, 12:09:34 AM »
Yeah. I do tend to slip into "Kasen mode" from time to time. Sorry. :V

Shady_Ghost

• #totes
  • #legit
« Reply #380 on: January 12, 2012, 12:10:40 AM »
Yeah. I do tend to slip into "Kasen mode" from time to time. Sorry. :V
I should count the number of times you've lectured me as of now :V Nah but it's cool you just wanted to make a point that's all.
2lazy2createbettersig

« Reply #381 on: January 12, 2012, 12:19:54 AM »
Not just you, m'boy.  :derp:

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #382 on: January 12, 2012, 12:20:27 AM »
I DID explicitly say something along the lines of "we're doing the biosphere world for sure" to EP at some point, it just doesn't cross my mind except when somebody brings it up. And you just did, so yeah :V

Depending on how Prohost responds we might need to buy some more gigs and/or scale down the quality of the dynmap, which isn't a big deal. Biosphere worlds are full of a lot of air so hopefully they don't eat much space. Lag issues are a genuine concern, but I'm willing to give it a test run.

Shady_Ghost

• #totes
  • #legit
« Reply #383 on: January 12, 2012, 12:24:48 AM »
Not just you, m'boy.  :derp:
Ok lemme rephrase that.  I should count all of your lecture-type posts as of now.  :D OMG WHY IS EVERY OTHER POST A LECTURE!? /exaggeration
People only use dynmap to chat anyway  :derp: 
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 12:29:46 AM by ShadyK »
2lazy2createbettersig

« Reply #384 on: January 12, 2012, 12:30:53 AM »
Huh. I thought we were already on a low resolution setting on Dynmap. Oh well. We can tinker with that to see if it can buy us some space.

Alternatively, we could look into abolishing World 2.. I'm sure I can just move all of those structures into World 1 somewhere. Although, Cadmas Land is quite massive now.. and I'm sure he wouldn't be thrilled about the move. It's a shame that World 1 doesn't have many snowfields. (or land, for that matter)

« Reply #385 on: January 12, 2012, 12:44:48 AM »
Worst case scenario :ohdear:

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #386 on: January 12, 2012, 12:56:56 AM »
People only use dynmap to chat anyway  :derp:
Wrong.

Also I've never even been to world2 :derp:
                                                                                   .

Shady_Ghost

• #totes
  • #legit
« Reply #387 on: January 12, 2012, 01:15:14 AM »
Worst case scenario :ohdear:
yeah really
Wrong.

Also I've never even been to world2 :derp:
well no duh of course it has other uses.
2lazy2createbettersig

Kinzo the Astro Curious

• One small step for Desu; One giant leap for touhou-kind!
« Reply #388 on: January 12, 2012, 01:29:58 AM »
Considering most people just update their Servers with plugins to customise the game and behavior I don't see why additional mods to the games behavior are neccesary, If anything they should just improve the user friendlyness of hosting servers and putting on add-ons such as Bukkit, since thats what everyone does for their own features.

If Mods can all be serverside, that'd be a major boon. Almost everything on SMP is handled server side anyway.

I think updating to 1.1 is just going to be an annoyance (plugins losing compatability etc) so I'd say stick to 1.0. We have mods to do what they are adding pretty much, why bother?

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #389 on: January 12, 2012, 01:38:16 AM »
Huh. I thought we were already on a low resolution setting on Dynmap.
I think Stuffman set it to high-resolution as of the recent plugin-update maintenance downtime. Of course it can be toned down.

If Mods can all be serverside, that'd be a major boon. Almost everything on SMP is handled server side anyway.

I think updating to 1.1 is just going to be an annoyance (plugins losing compatability etc) so I'd say stick to 1.0. We have mods to do what they are adding pretty much, why bother?
We try to stick to serverside mods here until the modding API is released and auto-downloading of server mods is included. (well, the latter can be evaded via SpoutCraft)

Chances are we'll be sticking with 1.0 until critical plugins are updated to support 1.1.
Bad command or file name