Author Topic: Suika Fortress - Year 11: Game has come to an end  (Read 85064 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Suika Fortress - Year 9 Summer: Renovating the Countress's room
« Reply #180 on: October 22, 2009, 04:39:21 PM »
"Well that was easyful," Purvis says, as she surveys the champions' handywork.

"Much shame about lost champion, mason, and fisherist, though..." she adds. The loud twang of a ballista cuts off her next words, followed by a scream. "WILL YOU DRUNKS STOP WITH MAKING THE SIEGINGS FIRE! YOU HIT A BREWER! AAAAUGH!"

"Much sorries!" say the siege engineers as they slink off toward the liquor stockpile.

Purvis turns to head back into the fortress, when she trips over a Kimeemaru. Cursing, she picks herself up off the ground and looks ahead. A deep frown crosses her face as she truly notices the teeming horde of yukkuris getting in everyone's say and slowing the suikas down. "That is of its! BUTCHER THESE YUKKURIS! WE WILL MAKES OFFERINGS OF BLOOD OF THEM TO INVISIBLE HAND! AND MAKE SOME MACES. AND COPPER THINGS. AND MORE MACES!"

Serp

• It's all about overwhelming force and irresistible style
  • And in a pinch, style can slide
Re: Suika Fortress - Year 8 Winter: I will Moko-moko you!
« Reply #181 on: October 22, 2009, 05:42:58 PM »
"WHY IS COUNTESS SO ECSTATIC!?" Purvis shouts.

Didn't see that coming!  I approve of your methods for fixing the problem.
[15:13] <Sana> >:<

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Suika Fortress - Year 9 Summer: Renovating the Countress's room
« Reply #182 on: October 23, 2009, 12:41:23 PM »
The sounds of the final "Yuyu?" of various Yukkuris echos through the fortress. On one hand, Purvis had ot admit it was giving her some serious nightmares. On the other hand, it is so nice to be able to actually walk through the halls.

"Hi!" says an unfamiliar Suika. "I am being liaisons of motherland!"

Purvis blinks. "Where in hells of blazings in former did you comings from?"

"Outside, like all the other times," says the Liaison.

Purvis nods, waits for a break in the "Yuyu"s, then shouts, "TOTAKU MAKE TRADES ALREADY!"

"AM COOKING~" answers the trader-cum-chef.

"WELL STOP IT AND TRADE!"

"ONCE I FIND MY WAY TO THE BOTTOM THIS SUNSHINE BARREL~" Totaku calls back.

"So, what things you are of wanting?" the liaison says.

Looking toward the ceiling and trying to remember all the requests as she counts them off on her fingers, Purvis "Golds, silvers, brasses, steels-AAAH!" Then she fall down an open stairway.

"Okay!" says the liaison as she dashes off.

Purvis slowly picks herself up off the ground, grumbling about how Totaku is going to commit a murder-suicide over not ordering more bauxite. Then once she is satisfied that she isn't dead, she shouts, "MAKE NEW CATAPULT IN PRACTICE ROOM BY COUNTESS!"

Grumbling and limping a little, Purvis makes her toward the Depot. There, she sees Totaku had a work haggling over some bauxite stones, periodically pulling out a bloodstained and vomit-stained Giant Cave Spider Silk Left Mitten to demonstrate to the merchants. Purvis frowns at the forty or so bins of similar goods, then pulls Totaku aside. "Hey, thinkings you can maybes get Motherland to clear out all that of craps?"

Totaku shrugs, then succumbs to a coughing fit as a rogue breeze from outside brings the smell of the goods to her nose. "Much okays."

"Keepings bins, though," Purvis adds. Totaku grabs her horns. Then glumly nods and goes back to work.

The merchants' joy at getting nearly 150,00 ☼ worth of goods for less than 1/10th that amount of payment quickly dissolves after it takes them nearly 3 weeks to depart; three weeks plagued by the death rattles of yukkuris undergoing the butchering process. Purvis watches them finally depart, nodding at a cleaning job well done. Then she notices something just outside:

OF SPRING GET!

"The hells of blazings in former did winter go?" Purvis says to no one particular.

In the winter of 209, NOTHING HAPPENED.

Aside from the siege, not much happened at all. The human caravan never came (likely due to the siege), and a whole lotta Yukkuris got butchered after I got sick of dipping into a framerate in the low teens. We now have shittons of meat, and like 5000 prepared meals. The population is at about ~175 now; we got migrants every season; most of whom I chucked into the military when I found them. The drink is running low, I think we have about 900 of it left. So keep an eye on those barrels.

I have two catapults to train the siege engineers to not suck when it is go time. This will eat up loose stone, though, so if you think we are going to run out, turn them off. I've been making some plate mail to protect the melee fighters; ten suits of it and ten iron helms. The need boots, gauntlets, and greaves to go with them.

Also, I am considering adding a waterfall to the tower. I would have this time, but I was running low on time. And we should make an edifice of green glass.

Sending the save to Serp now.

Serp

Re: Suika Fortress - Year 9 Fall/ Winter: Butchering lets us take it easy.
« Reply #183 on: October 28, 2009, 02:31:46 AM »
Whew, there is no way I'm going to complete this on time.  I've got lots of other stuff to take care of, the file now runs at about 10 FPS on my machine, and worst of all, I'm all out of jokes to use.  I hate to drop the player queue down to two people, but I just can't hold up my end of the relay.  Count me out.

Totaku

• The Traveling Otaku of Gensokyo
  • I want to be a little NEET moon princess
« Reply #184 on: October 28, 2009, 03:38:42 AM »
Whew, there is no way I'm going to complete this on time.  I've got lots of other stuff to take care of, the file now runs at about 10 FPS on my machine, and worst of all, I'm all out of jokes to use.  I hate to drop the player queue down to two people, but I just can't hold up my end of the relay.  Count me out.

Mmmm.... I was hoping we could do some awesome mega project of some sort before this happens. I was sort of worried that with more Suikas and yukkuri the framerate would start dropping....

I'm debating on if we should just do a new game yet. I wanted to try to get to 20 years before we did this. *sigh* Well as for now pass the file to Ramus, I will move you off the list till I can decide(or until you can play later).

Ramus, are you certain you must adventure through this go? I know that this is a routine for you to do so, but I was curious if you can run a fort. I don't mind if you can't I just wouldn't be surprised it much has changed since the last go.

Your call though.

In the meantime I still got work to do with the mod.

That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otaku Kind.
Tsunami Channel Home of  Japanese webcomics Artist Akira Hasegawa.
My Deviant Art site gallery
Now I Twitter

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
  • Trying to be an engineer
« Reply #185 on: October 28, 2009, 11:06:53 AM »
I might be able to do a fortress.  Still, I would recommend starting a new fortress in a bit tougher of an area to keep the population count down.

Serp

« Reply #186 on: October 28, 2009, 05:55:10 PM »
We should also probably set some limits on ourselves.  "No traps," for example.

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
« Reply #187 on: October 28, 2009, 07:43:25 PM »
We should also probably set some limits on ourselves.  "No traps," for example.
And a population that isn't dragging my FPS down to single digits would be nice too.  :V

But yeah, this is moving too slow for even me, sorry Totaku.  Good news is, this would be a great time to make that revised patch with Yukkuri actually having yukkuri body parts and such.

Totaku

« Reply #188 on: October 29, 2009, 02:44:12 AM »
And a population that isn't dragging my FPS down to single digits would be nice too.  :V

But yeah, this is moving too slow for even me, sorry Totaku.  Good news is, this would be a great time to make that revised patch with Yukkuri actually having yukkuri body parts and such.

Oh great, definetly a population cap will need to be set for the next game to ensure that there are no issues on that. I'm going to need to check with everyone who's still playing with this. To see if any one else is experiening simalar issues like you and Serp before I take action.

Ramus since you can't play that mode, I guess you can go into adventuring if you want to.

Your call though.

Otherwise we can contact True Natural and see what he has to say and if his computer can handle the issue.

And yes I will take the time to figure out some things to decide on for the next mod update. I'm mostly going to focus on mod graphics for the time being.

Most of my list includes....

Making zombies, skeltons for remaining yukkuri and critters that were not originally made
Redesign human soldiers sprites
Redesign Suika Soldiers sprites
Work on new yukkuri species
Work on body parts for yukkuris
Consider looking on the Window issue possible (Purvis mentioned something about it earlier today), that still in debate.

So yeah I'm rather booked and I still got some other things in my to do list.

I will try to work on these ASAP.

Also Ramus what was the FPS in your play before you decide what your going to do?

I've asked Serp to send me the file to see what the status report is on regarding the FPS and tell you what mine reads... So hold on...

Update: From the Beer Axe file I have gotten from Serp, with the 170 Suika the run the place

It runs at a constant 24 FPS

So according to the data I will now ask each player to run the Suika test the Suika Fortress file for FPS purposes to determine how I will set the population cap...

I'm currently considering setting it between 120 - 130 Suikas for a future game the sake of  FPS control. How we handle out chenkkuri and other yukkuri population though....is up to everyone. :P

so far:
Test using 170 Suika

Totaku: 22-24 FPS
Serpetaritus : 10 FPS
Ramus: less than 5-7 FPS
Jan-san: 25-26 FPS
Purvis: 15-20 FPS
True Neutral 32-34 FPS

Testing using 143 Suikas

Totaku: 26-29 FPS
True Neutral 49-50+ FPS
Jan-san: 30 FPS
Serpetaritus: 10 -12 FPS
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 07:31:50 AM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
« Reply #189 on: October 29, 2009, 02:17:57 PM »
5-7 fps.

Does my computer suck?

Totaku

« Reply #190 on: October 29, 2009, 02:48:16 PM »
5-7 fps.

Does my computer suck?

I don't know about that, but I'm trying to find the balance point which all players (or the majority at least) can play Fortress Mode without too much issues since it seems like Beer Axe will be on it's last leg before too long due to the fact that the low FPS is killing the players from having a chance of playing it.

I want to try to aim to possible 20 FPS at least (or something close to that range) since the game runs at a good place for the time I give you all to play it.

Anyways Ramus, are you going to adventure? Or are you planning to skip for now?

Anyways, I'm currently performing a test with Beer Axe at 143 Suikas
I will be passing the file to all the have played or are paticipatce that to ask from thier frame rate at that point.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 03:04:29 PM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
« Reply #191 on: October 29, 2009, 03:09:00 PM »
Skip me for now.

EDIT:  Totaku, when taking the fps's into account, ignore me.  I really don't enjoy fortress mode and adventurer mode works just fine for me.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 03:15:51 PM by Ramus Killjoy »

Totaku

« Reply #192 on: October 29, 2009, 10:33:57 PM »
Skip me for now.

EDIT:  Totaku, when taking the fps's into account, ignore me.  I really don't enjoy fortress mode and adventurer mode works just fine for me.

Fine, as of right now, I've went and sent True Nuetual the game file and he will continue the run as is. He will need to give me the FPS as well so I can continue to determine the cap needed.
Now I Twitter

« Reply #193 on: November 01, 2009, 05:52:39 PM »
4th of Granite

Spring has come again for how manyth time, and apparently, I have been recalled into the job I detest most, ruling the fortress 'til the next spring. And how! My terrifying pacifism had attracted last time atleast four and a half squads of biokkuri to attack the fortress, murdering an unnecessary amount of people. But well, I can't say if the slaughterings are a bad or good thing. If I look at a large group of people, I can feel sudden waves of lethargy passing through me and all the movements of the world slowing down...

10th of Granite

Everybody's favourite folk are here! Along with a diplomatic.

11th of Granite

A windmill corridor because everybody loves windmills and space. Could have been lower for engravings and more space though.

13th of Granite

One hundred as a threshold? Uh, sure. It's not like we are going to make a hundred ballista arrows. (Then I completely forgot the drink status that Purvis had been warning about...)

12th of Felsite

I am afraid that the plural form of migrant does not apply into this situation. (Then I completely forgot that it gives a different message if only one migrant comes by...)

16th of Felsite

Nobody has been testing this new magma drop bridge into anything living such as parsekkuri caravans, so I drafted them migrants into one big squad and set them above the Bridge of Imminent Incineration...

[sound of lever being jerked]

Thanks to all migrants and animals that volunteered to test the Bridge of Imminent Incineration. Now we can assume that the bridge will work perfectly in combat situations and in repulsion of unwanted caravans. Diiiisssmissed!

That was a quite uneventful and uninteresting spring because I haven't played DF in a long time. The only thing worth mentioning is that I gotta dedicate more into making drinks, as they are running VERY VERY low.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 05:56:13 PM by True Nuetral »

Re: Suika Fortress - Year 10 Spring: Volunteer work
« Reply #194 on: November 02, 2009, 07:30:18 PM »
12th of Hematite

The summer season starts with brewery and Jan smashing chips of wood into barrels, and

Oh my god, a siege! How large is a siege!? I didn't count the invaders the last time one happened! I guess there is only one way to find it...

Only two squads of biokkuri? Wh... Oh, I know this tactic. It's called a vanguard! There is surely going to be lots of them later...

They're at the front gates! Where is the damn military!? And is that siege operator going to make it there with her health of a heart disease patient!?

A ballista arrow was fired, but it missed a mile, literally. Jan-San is running around, getting cornered constantly!

Finally, a markssuika arrives and starts shooting the ranks of biokkuris with bolts.

Suikan military is starting a counterattack against the biokkuris with a total of three squads at these moments.

This Suiks here ran into two and a half squads of biokkuri and the only wound he got was a broken leg. He's currently laying at the gory battlefield crippled while all other Suikas are looting corpses of biokkuri and other Suikas at the front entrance. Especially when some jerkoff came near him and started looting the nearby corpses.

21st of Hematite

After all biokkuri were brutally murdered, everybody could loot at their own pace and the fortress is starting slowly to return to it's normal state.

23rd of Hematite

NOOOOOO! HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN! I've been trying all the time to avoid  killing the first seven settler Suikas, but I wasn't checking Serpentarius' status during the siege. I'm gonna track the corpse and send it to the right place =[

3rd of Malachite

After that siege, everybody's been pretty damn thirsty, so there is no other choice than breaking the treaty with parsekkuris. Better drop them into the magma trap next time we see 'em coming...

5th of Malachite

The brave soldier is still outside, disabled because of his leg wound. Somebody apparently brought him some water, but aside from that, he's all alone with her chenkkuri who keeps bringing rotting corpses of vermins to him. Right now, a toad.

And apparently, he doesn't like toads.

8th of Malachite

And finally, the miasma kicks in.

14th of Malachite

It ain't going too well with Junko... but mood doesn't affect her conveyor-like working!

Autumn has come...

That was a very exciting season! Even when it reduced my FPS to crawl with all the corpses and loot lying around everywhere.

We have 500+ drinks right now, so it's still better to keep an eye on it for autumn too.

I have an opinion about the front entrance. It's like a mixed blessing. Because it's so wide, it allows lots of Suikas to go through and in. The amount of Suikas flushing in to loot when the first biokkuris died was so massive that all the biokkuris got confused of what target to pick up, so the war sakuya-yukkuris engaged them, making the biokkuris only attack them. That saved Jan-San's life too. Hooray for Suika wave attacks!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 07:32:52 PM by T34G3 »

Totaku

Re: Suika Fortress - Year 10 Summer: Serpentarius meet her tragic end...easy
« Reply #195 on: November 02, 2009, 09:48:42 PM »
NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! SERP!!!!!! How could this happened. ;_;

I feel very sad now that Serp has met an unexpected end. It's sad when stuff like this happens. But oddly fit the current situation. ;_; I'm more concerned with how Mayor Purvis will react with this. I'm expecting him to hit a deep emotional depression.... But then again, I have seen worse, but still tragic indeed.

At least this spiced up Beer axe a bit.
Now I Twitter

Totaku

« Reply #196 on: November 06, 2009, 11:14:49 PM »
Bumping this up to let you know that T34G3, you have gone past a week from where I checked, but since you made it to autumn, I'm giving you a two day grace period to complete the rest of the year.

In the mean time, I've come to report that the new mod update is coming along. I've added in a few more yukkuri to replace other exsiting animals even given them preference strings to define chrateristics of things that the Suikas may like about them.

There is also some new zombie and skleton sprites for some yukkuris and creatures that were not present in Mayday's version.

Plus I have a new soldier sprite made for  the Suikas.

I wanted to give it a more eastern samurai feel to it since the other version wasn't anything but a knock off based on the old dwarf sprites. Feed back would be appriciated.

I still have the human soldiers to work on. But after I complete them, I'll have to mod ready. I should have it set either by the time T34G4 completes his run or by the end of my turn.

But for now all you get is a sneakpeak. Now get to work! :P
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 11:16:24 PM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

Totaku

« Reply #197 on: November 08, 2009, 07:16:35 AM »
Back again with another update..

Also T34G3, please let me know if you going to be able to continue, you have technically about a day left of play time.

Anyways, today I bring you this new update!

http://rapidshare.com/files/303945993/Suika_Fortress.zip.html

This new mod of Suika Fortress took a while as I spent some time doing some big overhauls with the sprites that already exist.

In this version you will get the following:

-More Yukkuris
-A Sukusuku hakutaku as a possible pet
-Suikas will now have horns in their heads! (you can only see them once they injure themselves)
-Retouched Suika Soldier and gave them 18th century type samurai armor (sutiable for Gensokyo's atmosphere)
-Retouched Human Soldier and gave them 18th century type samurai armor.
-Gave new Preference stings to nearly all the yukkuris and other races thus now they will be described based on the perferences on what the Suika likes (press u , select a suika and press enter). If you see a yukkuri you may get to see what I've changed.
-fixed the name of yukkuri I didn't name, or named incorrectly.

Go ahead and grab it guys! I highly recommend it, you will all need it especially since by default it may trigger a small hicup in the system. If any Suikas were injured during the game play, anyone who has the new mod will cause it to trigger thier injuries to heal instantly(this is because of the horns I added so it reconizes it as a fresh new head for some reason.) But following that they'll like normal and recive injuries as usual.

So yeah, grab it now so we can prevent a eternal heal loop. ( it just wouldn't be FUN that way)

Finally, I like to note that I've recently debating about revealing this mod to the DF commuinty since I know Touhou fans roam about there too. While I orginally made this mod only for this game, I've some reason have developed a love for this creation and have decided I should take it the extra mile. So I may consider posting it there soon to get some feed back as I contiue to aim to build this game further along the road. And with Toady's new version offical version coming out in a month or two from now. I can expect that this will mean that there will be alot of changes I'll be needing to make once I learn how the new Dwarf Fortress runs. As it turns out, it's already showing signs of great promise. So stay tune as time passes I'm likely to continue modding this.

Remember T34G3, you got only roughly one day so make haste and try to complete your run!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 07:22:46 AM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

« Reply #198 on: November 08, 2009, 04:02:36 PM »

15th of Limestone

The caravan from Motherland has finally arrived!

23rd of Limestone

A THIEF! Too bad that thieving here will mean immediate evisceration and/or dumping into a pit of magma.

All momizikkuri come from near the Myon pond. And there isn't ever any damn patrol near that place! Instead of us having a patrol there, THEY have a one-man patrol there!

11th of Sandstone

The fortress attracted no migrants this season. Which is a good thing to save our precious FPS rates and cranking the lever for bridge of death.

18th of Sandstone

Yet another thief. I should just start calling them momizikkuris.

***Winter***

14th of Moonstone

It's the start of another biokkuri assault! And just in the worst time while half of the fortress is dumping  useless stuff away from the Gourd Grave! They're coming from the east side of the magma pool.

Thankfully, Beer Axe raised kosakuyakkuri are perfect distraction for any kind of species, even to biokkuris! Now hopes that they'll be following it 'til the slow military can respond on this case of ambush.

Now the SAKUYAKKURI is chasing THEM! And I thought biologically modified yukkuri will lose their cowardice!

Pancakes, our bipolar siege operator and Admiral of two death bridges, confronts the puny biokkuri assault at the northern clearing off the main entrance of the fortress!

It's no long until they follow Pancakes to the entrance, but a champion suddenly emerges out of the shadows and starts smashing, cutting and punching the bean paste out of them.

Only one biokkuri, a Daiyousei swordsman, survives without any mortal wounds, and runs away far.

And here comes the second as unimpressive wave!

That dead biokkuri got whacked so hard, that it flew 5 blocks.

It's like an another siege with all the post-looting after this ambush... and thus, the dumping operation continues...

*lots of miscellaneous messages, events, mandates and price changes*

19th of Opal

The wide, winding path is decorated with gastric contents of a creature of Suikan origin. And it trailed all the way from the main entrance to the swastika room vestibule! Sunshine is friggin' head-going stuff. (by the way, that peasant is not the culprit!)

I don't feel like listing stuff and posting pics of each floor and construction I've made, I'll do that after I've rolled the save files up.

:<

Cabble

• Ask me about my Cat.
  • Not unwilling to shank you.
« Reply #199 on: November 08, 2009, 06:01:17 PM »
I would happily join but:

1. first and last download links are broken (first needs a premium membership)
2. I have no clue how to play
I had a teacher who used to play radiohead during class once.

ONCE.

Totaku

« Reply #200 on: November 08, 2009, 07:06:07 PM »
I would happily join but:

1. first and last download links are broken (first needs a premium membership)
2. I have no clue how to play

I'm glad to see someone else is interested in playing, so I'll go ahead and answer your questions!

1. Mmmm...that's strange, I got the same message myself.... I guess rapid share acting funny....
I guess I'll upload it to Mediafire...
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?znzzfx0tmzn
Try this one, it should work I will make sure to update my first post.

2. Well Suika Fortress (Dwarf Fortress) is a game I recommend that you try out and learn. It's not something your going to learn in one night because one thing you are bound to discover is that at first it has a rather difficult learning curve.

Thankfully there's a small tutorial to do some of the basics in the game. But once you get past that and start learning how the game's system works it becomes a whole lot eaiser and is filled with lots of fun things to do. ^^

Other than that as I suggested to everyone else. Use the Dwarf Fortress Wiki! As I posted in the first post. It has proven to be very useful!

And since your signing up, you got plenty of time right now as your behind about 3 - 4 others. Which roughly gives you 3-4 weeks of time.

So good luck! And if you need help feel free to drop a message, or come to the #touhou-meido at irc.dejatoons.net  on IRC

Also good going T34G3, make sure to pass the file to me once your done loading everything so we can continue...

Also I forgot to mention, Xan's dropped out from the game entirely due to school issues...so pass the file to me.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 07:16:53 PM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

Cabble

• Ask me about my Cat.
  • Not unwilling to shank you.
« Reply #201 on: November 08, 2009, 09:38:35 PM »

Why won't the suikas mine?!? >:(
I had a teacher who used to play radiohead during class once.

ONCE.

Totaku

« Reply #202 on: November 08, 2009, 10:01:00 PM »
Is there some place we can talk about it other than here since this is the relay? Such as on PM or IRC please?

Anyways, long story short, did you designate an area in the hill or mountain?

Press d for designation, then d for dig, then press enter in the area you want to start your dig point then move the course over and press enter again once you set the area. Make sure that you dig at the wall of the mountain or hill where you start your dig point. otherwise the Suikas will not have access to the dig point.

Also did you make sure to set the suika miner's preference on "mining?

to do that press v to "view unit" select the Suika, then press p for perferences, and then l for labor

make sure mining is turned on.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 10:04:53 PM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

Totaku

Re: Suika Fortress - Year 11 - Please wait warmly....
« Reply #203 on: November 14, 2009, 08:22:12 AM »
Ok for the sake of everyone who's been waiting for a report.

I'm going to ask that you all wait for a bit. As I have been in the middle of remaking Suika Fortress features so that certain things will become more interesting for everyone.

I'm currently testing out a yukkuri body structure. (Yes, I'm making yukkuris bodies to replace all the ones I have made.

So far their body connection work accordingly but there have been a few hic ups in the system....

Namely things like...

Parsees having gloves on thier tounges. :P And also the biokkuri all of a sudden died in thier cages. Because of this my run for beer axe will be slightly delayed and I'll be asking to please wait while I finish these fixes. These will make at least some things about Suika fortress more fun if not for this run, then definetely in a future run.
Now I Twitter

Totaku

Re: Suika Fortress - Year 11: Project Obsidian Farm is now complete!
« Reply #204 on: November 18, 2009, 05:26:47 PM »
Well I finally got things running. So without further ado, let's continue to work on Suika Fortress!

10th of the First Month of Spring

With the Lily White already announcing the coming  of Spring, we get a visit once again from the  Parsee Diplomat. Protbably once again to talk about our tree issue they always are having…. Let’s see what we can arrange for them…

13th of the First Month of Spring

Just as soon as the Parsee came and tried to talk her way into the same offer I realized we weren’t getting anywhere… Again with the offer of a 100 tree quota….. They seriously need to increase it.. Regardless after punting her out the door way, the caravan of parseekkuri drop by….let’s see what they have to offer…. Most likely logs again….not that I’m really complaining.

15th of the First Month of Spring

Just as expected, they brought nothing but wood and 3 berries. Pretty much we got away with trading only some of our stone crafts and pig tail gear, very simple trade but at least we definetly won’t be running low on wood that’s for sure.

18th of the First Month of Spring

Another Sparing accident has left a champion with a nasty wound. He’s got a broken upper body and there’s sever damage to left lung and Liver. We need to seriously look into a better training program for out men so they don’t get injured so badly….

22nd of the First Month of Spring

At last the Bauxite gear have been made and installed into the other lever and so from this point onward we can make our swimming pool double as an obsidian farm! I've already tried out the lever to see how it worked and from what I can see, the magma cools off in the water producing a wall of obsidian which then can be mined and channeled out to make room for more magma to pour in. This should keep strong production moving smoothly for a long time...

15th of the Second Month of Spring

Looks like another Suika Metalcrafter has been stricken by Fey Mood syndrom….  She heads right away to the Metal Forge and takes is over an grabs two pieces of iron and from there starts working on her mysterious creation. I wonder what it’ll be?......

21st of the Second Month of Spring

Our fey mood metal crafted finally created the piece she was making, it was called Forestrabble, the Goal of Meetings, which was an iron flute with imagines on it related to the founding of beer axe. It’s value was worth 36000. Not as big as some of the others, but at least we have someone who can produce metal goods on the whim.

3rd of the Last Month of Spring

A large number of Migrants have come to our fortress. Most of them ranged from pump operators, lye makers, peasants for military fodder and so forth. As or right now our Suika population has reached 188 Suikas. We’re about to be dorwned with tons of Suika here so I guess we’re about to reach our cap for our fortress.. (which is 200). This place has some so far in over 10 years….

Final Spring Report

With the miners still working in the mine shafts, I can’t say much on the digging front. But it’s not like there’s anything to complain much about either.

Other than your typical Momizi and boikkuri thives that get chases away little has really happened here. And now our Suika population is at 191. We’ve gotten rather big here that’s for sure.

And thankfully after so many years we finally got the obsidian farm running. Something that needed to be done for a long time. And when the miners are done working deep underground, they should get to making the new rooms and mine the obsidian.

Ad finally here's what the fortress looks like at the moment:

Above Ground area: Farming and Tower

First Floor: Work Station and shopping area

Second Floor: Living Quarters and dining room (plus Suika Gourd tunnel)

Third Floor: Burial and Swimming Pool / Obsidian Farm

6th Floor: Mine Shaft

That's all for now! Will be back to report later on.
Now I Twitter

Totaku

Re: Suika Fortress - Year 11: Summer - The Suika King is coming!
« Reply #205 on: November 19, 2009, 10:57:15 AM »
Well this season was filled with lots of strange things happening!

13th of the First Month of Summer

As the Summer season was beginning, human merchants appeared over the hill size once again to trade, so I had to get the crew to finish the goods before their arrival. Strangely they seem to all be busy. Heck it?s been like that for a while. Oh well time the get the supplies out!

17th of the First Month of Summer

I don?t get why, but lately there has been a miner who?s been developing an obsession of watching the Obsidian Farm in progress, I don?t know why he?s so fascinated in it but regardless she spends her time there on her brakes?.Also now Mayor Purvis has once again been re-elected for another year.

Sometimes I wonder how the mayor does it, but yet I?m more concern about how he?s handling her loss, she?s seems a bit stranger from before.

19th of the First Month of Summer

I took the opportunity to take a brake from my cooking to go deal with trading from the human. Lots of bars available for me to use, plus I got tons of wood, some equipment, leather and meat. You know all the necessities we need to make it through the usual session.

It did however take a bit of good to make the agreement solid. But we should be fine (like we haven?t been already)

20th of the First Month of Summer

It?s an ambush! A yukkane was caught in an attack by biokkuri as they begin to bash her face in to the point that it was wrecked beyond repair, it shortly died, but it gave me enough time to get the troops stations at the tower point where they could launch an attack from the hallway once the biokkuri entered.

As usual, the biokkuri are never that smart and were all picked off easily. Other than the yukkane, there were no real casualties in the battle.

24th of the First Month of Summer

Should of known, another ambush this time they attacked the Suikas as they were gathering all the corpse items left from the last biokkuri squad. They chased around some of the Suikas, but the squad made it in the nick of time and took them out. The only casualty in this battle was a Yusakuya who managed to kill one biokkuri before she fell to another one.

27th of the First Month of Summer

They don?t give up do they; a biokkuri snatcher came an attempted to take a child who was throwing up at the time. She swiped the child as she began to make her run. Once again the squad was nearby so they decided to pursue the thief. Thanks to a lot of busy Suika, the boikkuri didn?t have much time to move anywhere. And was thus caught and struck down before it could escape our area. And so the child was returned safely?.as she continued throwing up as usual?.

28th of the First Month of Summer

Ok I guess I got caught up in the biokkuri war, because I failed to check out the obsidian far during the time?

Pretty much it was flooded with magma in the bottom, so I ordered a Suika to shut off the magma and wait for the magma to cool before we sent our digging team to investigate and clean up the obsidian mess.

21st of the Second Month of Summer

Our Black smith has gone into a fey mood and so she went and took over the Magma forge, not too long afterward, she grabbed some iron and begin work on her creation?

22nd of the Second Month of Summer
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/3747/picture8xj.png
Our land reached the point that a Duchess rules us now. Now how come we the mayor hasn?t just dumped our royal pain in the arse out of the fort yet even though she?s done a lot of torture tactics on her is beyond me?..

But now the Duchess was harrumphing about an Incoming King? A King?! In this place? Are you serious that our fort is built for a Suika King to live in?! I suppose I need to talk with the mayor?.

24th of the Second Month of Summer

We?re still having complications with the obsidian farm as now one of our Suikas got stuck on an obsidian block?.

And now she was force to mine the block from under her and fall into the swimming pool?. Guess now?s a good time as any for Xan to take up swimming lessons?.

3rd of the last Month of Summer

An Accident occurred in the mine while trying to free Xan II, thanks to the idiotic nature of some of out minors, they always dig out the wrong holes so?. Xan got crushed?. ;_;

Rest in piece Xan?.

We?ve enlisted a new miner to work in his place who just happened to be somehow connected to Xan thus we know her as Xan the third?

4th of the Last Month of Summer

Our Black Smith finally finished making their masterpiece, Appear Grouped, the iron grate. Pretty much it?s not worth much but the engravment was at least interesting. That?s for sure.

Final Summer Report

Other than the report of the king coming and the obsidian farm difficulty, everything is running smoothly. It shouldn?t be long before our population caps out. There?s still some work that needs to be done with the roads and such, but who knows how long that?ll take?. everyone?s so busy?. It could be a good while?. As for now we need to prepare for the Aki Sister?s coming again?.

Now I Twitter

Totaku

Re: Suika Fortress - Year 11: Autumn - The Danger of the obsidian farm
« Reply #206 on: November 19, 2009, 11:51:14 PM »
14th of the First Month of Autumn

The fellow Suika merchants have arrived to our fort to bring us the goods we demanded, but all was but peaceful during the time of their arrival as Biokkuri forces were launching a sneak attack and our war Sakuyakkuri was the first to spot them!

She didn?t last long, but the squad that were guarding their post came down?or at least one of them at least?

It was that one that actually made a difference as she alone beat and pulverized the biokkuri with her mace. Pretty much the were all pounded to the ground and yet our Suika soldier was unharmed. Simply astonishing.

20th of the First Month of Autumn

I sat down with the traders to negotiate with them, pretty much I traded them for there bars, wood, equipment leather and meat as usual. But I did one more thing? I decide to offer them a few of our good as gifts to their leader. Hopefully this will build our relationship further.

3rd of the Second Month of Autumn

A Suika Soldier was suffering from a wound in the upper chest during training and so she slowly went to her bed room to rest?.minutes later, she died from suffication?.these accidents are bothersome?. We really need to talk about making ?training equipment? some day?.

1st  of the Last Month of Autumn

I finally finished the production of the dining room not too long ago so now the Suikas can have another spot to eat and booze as usual. Strangly enough this one feels more confortable I should consider engraving this spot eventually?

15th of the Last Month of Autumn

A freak accident occurred in the obsidian farming mine as we pulled the switch but failed to realized there were Suikas stuck in the pit and so 2 of them were burned alive in the pit?.a fish cleaner and another miner (not a really skilled one, but still?)

So as of this point we needed to unclog the problem and go through and fix the obsidian pit problem?.course now I?m going to make sure that the doors remained locked before we activate the farm.

Final Autumn Report

A season where almost nothing really happened except for the obsidian pit accidents that took place near the end of the month I really need to learn how to get the hang of how the obsidian farm works and above all else?.seal the doors shut before turning anything on!

Otherwise, small renovations and very little activity?

Now I Twitter

Totaku

Re: Suika Fortress - Year 11: Winter - I come to Moko-moko you....again!
« Reply #207 on: November 20, 2009, 06:54:04 PM »
1st of the First Month of Winter

Letty may have just by, but we are already getting into a mess as our obsidian pit continues to show even more problems!

Now as we were deconstructing the path that needed fixing we cause a small cave in to occur and crash on the magma below….

The result? Magma mist! As awesome as it may look this stuff is actually quite dangerous to a Suika’s health... As inhaling the mist will basically melt you lungs and everything else inside you in the process…. So we’re staying out till the mist dies out….

5th of the Second Month of Winter

It seems training accidents are the norm here now…. We now have a Suika running around with another chest injury and her lung has been badly damaged! But what’s odd is she’s running around like it’s nothing… every one in a while she has to stop for a brief moment to struggle to breath, but other wise she still goes out and trains everyday like it was nothing.

Seriously though this still have me concerned about our soldiers….

18th of the Second Month of Winter

I performed a windmill test to see how much wind we have. Apparently we have enough to produce a lot of energy (40 units). If we decide to start running some unique devices and stuff our fortress could start taking on a more interesting an elaborate form! The possibilities could be endless with what we could do!

19th of the Second Month of Winter

I took notice that our Siege operators have all finally become legendary so now they should be skilled at their ballista so as of this point, the catapults shouldn’t be of much use so I’ve order them shut down for the time being. As much as I wouldn’t mind ticking off the Duchess, we can’t afford to waist our stones either…

6th of the Last Month of Winter

I received reports that a suika was having a tantrum, but we didn’t know where. Nothing was reported damage but after some investigating we found that our bone carver (not our legendary one) was being bound in chains! Why?

Violation of the duchess’s order for exporting certain goods. And her punishment was 33 days bound in chains. The strange part was she was hungry, dehydrated, extremely tired and very miserable. I questioned why the duchess put her up there for such a long period of time, but I was hoping things would clear up before too long…

16th of the last Month of Winter

Out of the blue we were suddenly attacked by a vicious Moko-tan! This one was pretty much alive and moving about as if all was normal. And it went on a rampage as is started to attack all the yusakuyas that attacked it.

Constantly breathing fire on them and literally roasting their bean paste bodies inside and out.  We did notice though that this Mokou tan was injured as part of her hair was gone and would occasionally pass out…. But that didn’t stop her from being dangerous…

23rd of the last Month of Winter

During the Moko-tan’s assault, the bone carver prisoner died from thirst as she was left up in the prison without given a single thing to eat or drink. Again the Duchess has proven to be a complete ***** as usual. But I got no time to deal with her right now we have a Moko-tan to exterminate!

25th of the Last Month of Winter

At last the Moko-tan finally turns to our fort as it attempts to Moko –Moko our fortress our siege operators launched their ballista but it missed it mark! And so we had to get the solders ready and launch the bridge of death!

When we activated the bridge the Moko-tan was on it as well as one Suika champion who was holding the dragon back, but at the very last moment before the bridge fell the Moko-tan managed to jump over and get to the other side of the bridge leaving the Suika Champion to fall into the Blazing lava below….

So without further ado, we sent our troop to push her into the magma, but she resisted to the point that in the end all that really happened was is that the Moko-tan died by the edge of the cliff…

While we failed to have the moko-tan fall into our glorious bridge…. We did however stop it and that’s all that matters…

28th of the Last Month of Winter

Earlier in the week I asked the workers to build a wall around the obsidian farm to prevent any more mishaps from occurring. So now the process behind lava management should he easier to deal with. But maybe someone else can help make this work better….

Final Winter Report for 211

It was a rather boring season up until the last month of winter pretty much. Which by then everything was in full swing. Food and drinks our organized and everything is flowing smoothly at the moment. Overall we spend three season gathering left over biokkuri material just to store away but now we have a lot of hands available to do their work so things should begin to operate on a more normal scale.

As for now we need to continue constructing the roads for our traders to use and top it off we need to also start looking into making our fortress more elaborate…. There’s a lot of things we could do now that we now know we get a lot of wind power…. just think about it!

Anyways as for now….

SPRING HAS ARRIVED!

My turns has come to an end for now…

Anyways, I'm going to give everyone two files.....

First the new Suika Fortress game mod (V6).

http://www.mediafire.com/?bj2ulnootom

In this file, all your yukkuri in the game will have yukkuri bodies. Which is suitable since they all yukkuri. :P So this will make things more...funny in a way. XD

But it's imprortant that you have this file for the sake of beer axe! Because I had been test running it using this new mod. So I  highly recommend that you DL the mod and replace Suika Fortress with this one definetly. Cause once again, if I find out any injured yukkuri or Suikas become mysteriously healed... it'll be because you didn't DL the mod and put your game in there. And it'll also mean you'll have to redo your turn.

And here's the Beer Axe file

http://www.mediafire.com/?imja5emkyyl

So Purvis, good luck and I'm signing up again.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 07:48:08 PM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

Totaku

Re: Suika Fortress - Year 11: Winter - I come to Moko-moko you....again!
« Reply #208 on: November 25, 2009, 08:42:05 PM »
Ok I haven't had a chance to explain, but due to everyone asking to skip thier turn right now, we have ended up going to T34G3's turn and he will continue the run for the time being...

The order will still follow as usual after him...
Now I Twitter

Totaku

Re: Suika Fortress - Game has come to an end
« Reply #209 on: December 16, 2009, 12:12:49 AM »
Ok everyone, I know I haven't been around for a bit, but after some thinking I've decided that the best thing I can do right now is draw this game to an end.

The reason is because I don't think many of you are going to find many HFS here. And even thoguht I was looking forward to the Suika king's arrival, I doubt we had enough time for that either.

I've been pretty busy as is anyways and still have alot of things to work on.

However, I will tell you this...

Coming likely in late January and Febuary I shall return with a new Suika Fortress game!

Why?

Because by then, the creator, Toady the one should have the new released ready for release and we will face a whole new level of difficulty unlike what we seen before! A medical system, army arrrangements, new undergrond beasts, New body systems, magma, and more buffed up creatures than before hand that may actually pose a threat to your fortress  and even  mounts!

And that's just the tip of the ice burg fokes!

Till then, let us go upon our oni ways and remember to....

STRIKE THE EARTH!
Now I Twitter