Author Topic: Suika Fortress - Year 11: Game has come to an end  (Read 85084 times)

Totaku

• The Traveling Otaku of Gensokyo
  • I want to be a little NEET moon princess
Re: Suika Fortress - Year 6:Winter: Moar Booze needed...
« Reply #150 on: September 15, 2009, 04:33:36 AM »
"Ha!" says Jan-San, as she began to punch the wood into shape, making them in a matter of moments. "I shit barrels!"

"Good!" says Purvis, "Eatings much fiber!"

Oh, god. My roommates must think I'm insane.

Anyway, I haven't had much time to practice fortress-building and maintenance. I'm wondering if I should switch from participant to observer...

So does that mean you want me to move you into the back again? Maybe after a few more weeks you might be ready?

Just want to make sure. ^^;
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otaku Kind.
Tsunami Channel Home of  Japanese webcomics Artist Akira Hasegawa.
My Deviant Art site gallery
Now I Twitter

Jana

• mrgrgr
Re: Suika Fortress - Year 6: Winter: Moar Booze needed...
« Reply #151 on: September 15, 2009, 04:37:57 AM »
I said that they think I'm insane. Besides, I don't think a Suika can go insane twice... Right?

Oh, you meant switching my spot! I think I'm going to have to go from participant to observer. School's starting to throw some more work at me, so if I have little time now, I won't have much in the future either...

ES-Anthy

• *Roll*
  • *fwump*
Re: Suika Fortress - Year 6: Summer: SHUTTINGS UP BARONESS!!
« Reply #152 on: September 15, 2009, 07:04:24 AM »

-Anything that goes wrong that we can't point a finger at is Anthony's fault, be sure to blame his evil-ass ghost~

Yay! Now I'm literally the murphy's law in this game :D

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #153 on: September 16, 2009, 04:35:26 AM »
After much struggle, the uploading is done and PMed to Serp.

Edit: Oh yeah, the Baroness and her consort need tombs.

Make the coffins out of wood, put them in a peat hallway; size the tomb at 1x1.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 04:45:40 AM by Dr. Purjewry M.F.D. »

Serp

• It's all about overwhelming force and irresistible style
  • And in a pinch, style can slide
Re: Suika Fortress - Year 7: Spring: Gossun, gossun, gossun...
« Reply #154 on: September 21, 2009, 09:10:10 PM »
Sorry about the long delay this time, but I'm going to be posting Spring and Summer together.  Expect it within a few hours.
[15:13] <Sana> >:<

Serp

Re: Suika Fortress - Year 7: Spring: Gossun gossun gossun gossun...
« Reply #155 on: September 22, 2009, 07:05:25 AM »
First of Granite, Early Spring 207

Serp stood back and observed her work.  Her target had been one of the engravings of Purvis that decorated the dining room.  Over the last few days, Serp had heard other Suika remarking on how heroic it made their mayor look, and how it was such a wonderful likeness.  Tomorrow morning, though, they'd all have to notice how the engraving's pupil's had been colored green, and big pointy ears had been drawn on the sides of its head - yes, the engraving now depicted Purvis as a Parsekkuri.

Serp tucked the piece of green chalk stealthily into her blouse and looked around the dining room again to make sure it was empty of any possible witnesses, then squatted down over the engraving to complete the defacement.

"Hello, Lover!"  Purvis suddenly appeared behind Serp and greeted her.  Serp jumped about a foot in the air, then abruptly shifted her feet to try to hide the defaced engraving.

"P-p-p-p-purvis!  What are you doing here so late!?"

"Midnight snackings!  Also, makings offerings of Beer Axe again."

"Wh- again?  And doesn't it belong to the Baroness now?  O-okay, okay, I accept, just don't look down...!"

And as quickly as that, Purvis was gone.  Serp wiped the sweat off her brow.  "Whew, that was close...  now, where were we?"  She squatted down over the engraving again.

Fourth of Granite, Early Spring 207

Serp and the Parsekkuri diplomat walked together down the main hallway of the fortress.  "The Parsekkuri conquer and control everything we lay our green eyes upon," the yukkuri bragged.  "Our army is so big that the waters run sour for miles where we march!"

They came to the entrance to the fortress.  "Trees and bushes.  That is all we ask.  A token of submission to the will of Parsee.  Take it easy on the forestry."

Serp took a few steps off, and turned her back on the Parsekkuri.  "Submission?  That's going to be a problem..."

"Choose your next words wisely, Serp.  They may be your last as leader of Beer Axe."  The Parsekkuri fixed Serp with a steady green gaze.

Serp slowly turned back to the Parsekkuri, then made a small gesture with her hand.  The Royal Guard drew their weapons and the Parsekkuri stumbled backwards, eyes wide.  "Madwoman!  No one, Suika or Parsekkuri, draws weapons on a diplomat!"

"Trees and shrubs?  You'll find plenty out there.  You shouldn't have threatened my people."  Serp stood firm.

"This is blasphemy!  This is madness!"

Serp glanced behind herself and saw Purvis give a small nod.  "Madness...?  THIS!  IS!  BEER AXE!"  Serp kicked the Parsekkuri in the chin, and it went rolling out of the fortress and down the hill, making a yu yu sound as it went.

Sixteenth of Granite, Early Spring 207

"Serp!  Parsekkuri on the horizon!"  A panicked Suika flew into Serp's office.  Serp nodded and stood up.  She had been expecting this.

"Assemble our military.  I will meet them in the barracks."

When the next messenger found Serp, she was giving a pep talk to Beer Axe's small army.  "Fellow Suika!  We are outnumbered a hundred to one by the loathesome Parsekkuri forces!  We can neither give nor expect any quarter!  Most of us, in all likelihood, will die, but we will die gloriously, for the sake of-"

"Serp, wait!  They're traders."  The messenger's announcement stopped Serp in her tracks.

Later that day, Serp met with the Parsekkuri traders.  "But but but I kicked your diplomat!  I made a badass speech.  It was badass, right, Totaku?"  Totaku looked over from where she was haggling with the other trader and nodded absently before going back to her work.

"Oh, we hate that diplomat.  She's a jerk.  And if you don't want those trees, then we don't want them either.  Take it easy."

"...  Then I guess we're at peace.  That works."  Serp looked oddly disappointed.

Eleventh of Slate, Mid Spring 207

"Migrants!"  The messenger Suika shouted at Serp.

"Draft them.  Yes, all of them.  The Baroness is bitching about not having a big enough royal guard."

She was keeping up her books in her study when another Suika showed up at the door.  "Who are you?"

The Suika folded her hands and put on a contemplative look.  "A fine question.  Who am I?  Who are any of us?  What is it that makes us who we are?"

Serp scowled.  "What, another crazy one?  Get out of here and go report to the captain of the guard.  In Beer Axe, we work for our living."

The new Suika responded, "What is Beer Axe?  Is it these stones, or is it the Suika that live here?  Or is it the land that you built-"  She was cut off by Serp shoving her out of the room and slamming the door.

"Bah, I can't work with her rambling distracting me."  Serp went back to her books.

Fifteenth of Felsite, Late Spring 207

"So, the problem is that we're producing food more quickly than we're producing barrels."  Serp pushed her recordkeeping notes aside and rubbed her forehead.  "Alright, I need to see Jan-san about this."

She found the legendary carpenter sitting atop a pile of barrels in what had been her workshop room, leaning back with an exhausted look on her face.  "I made a good load this time."  Jan-san looked proud.

"It's not enough.  We need more...  Wait, you, uh, "made" all those at once?  That doesn't seem physically possible.  Well, regardless, more barrels, get to it."

Serp walked out of the room, the sound of Jan-san hard at work echoing behind her.  "HRRRRRNK...!"

"Now, we need to consolidate our food supplies.  Totaku!"

The cook/trader was lounging around in the kitchen.  She looked up when Serp approached.

"Totaku, we need to start cooking more of our stores.  Can you handle that?"

"Sure!  Here, I made this booze roast earlier today!"

"Booze...  roast?  I see.  Well, keep up the good work."  Serp decided not to try to work her head around how a liquid could be made into biscuits and steaks.  After all, cooking was other people's job.

Eighteenth of Hematite, Early Summer 207

Purvis and the noblewoman met in the noblewoman's room, which just so happened to be a bed and some furniture strewn in the main hallway of the fortress.  The noblewoman, for her part, looked harried and unstable, and she had just opened her mouth to give Purvis a piece of her mind when Serp came around the corner and saw the two of them standing together.

"Hey!  Hey!  You are stepping away from my Purvis!"  Serp snatched Purvis away and held her by the throat, pulling her away from the noblewoman.  "Stay with your own consort!"

"HRM HARUMPH HAH HERM HMPH."  The noblewoman folded her arms.

"You'll get your tomb soon enough, Baroness-"

"Countess now!"  Purvis managed to choke the correction past Serp's grip on her throat.

"Countess, as I was saying, your tomb is on its way.  If you have any more questions, ask me first, or I'll send you there personally!"  Serp gestured threateningly.

"HOOM HARUMPH HOO HAH."  The Countess stalked off.

Serp stared after her, then abruptly realized that Purvis's face was turning blue.  Serp let go of Purvis's throat and scowled.  "What are you doing there, you lazy drunk?  Go make some mechanisms or something."

Fourteenth of Malachite, Mid Summer 207

Serp stood on the second floor of the tower under construction, watching the swimming pool be filled, when she saw the migrants approaching in the distance.  "More of them...?  This fortress is becoming popular.  Zengar, draft them too."

Third of Galena, Late Summer 207

Alright, I'm going to go out of character here, 'cause I'm not even sure how to work this into a story.  See, one of the champions has a baby, and she lost track of her baby at the same moment as she got her arm broken.  Normally, when a dwarf loses track of her baby, she'll cancel her job and look for it.  But since this champion is in bed with a broken arm, she can't do so.  Furthermore, a baby won't eat or drink unless its mother feeds it, so this baby isn't doing so well right now.

This isn't too unusual by itself, but now the baby is crawling around the bottom floor of the tower I'm building.  The tower is splattered with vomit from all the Suika that have been coming up into the light, getting nauseated, and throwing up everywhere.  This baby was dehydrated and hungry.  Then, it crawled through a puddle of vomit.  Now, it's not dehydrated anymore.  I'm sure you can do the math.

---

And with that, half my turn is done.  The fortress is getting pretty big - I'm getting a lot of slowdown on my laptop when I run it.  We may have to start cutting down on our pet population.  Also, I wanted to try out the Bridge of Death on the insolent Parsekkuri trader, but she took another route out of the fortress that was briefly opened up due to construction.  We should get a chance to try it out in pitched battle pretty soon, though, if her words are any indication.

We also now have a Philosopher, who's up to be named.  She's unlikely to be killed off, since the Philosopher never demands any rooms or funiture.  The Countess, on the other hand, is Very Unhappy and I fully expect her to go berserk soon.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #156 on: September 23, 2009, 02:20:19 AM »

Fuck yes. I laughed and laughed and laughed. =]

Also, watch out with those booze foods. We need that stuff to drink.

Serp

« Reply #157 on: September 23, 2009, 10:16:49 PM »
Fuck yes. I laughed and laughed and laughed. =]

I considered putting them just outside the fortress, so that cave adapted Suika would vomit all over them upon coming out into the light, but unfortunately, coffins have to be built underground.

Quote from: Purvis
Also, watch out with those booze foods. We need that stuff to drink.

SHUT UP THE MOUTH YOU LUSH!

Don't worry, I've only enabled cooking for the drinks in which we have huge surplusses.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #158 on: September 23, 2009, 11:41:44 PM »
Good man. Keep an eye on them, still. Between a skilled chef and generalized boozing, that shit will be gone in ten minutes, and I am not not even joking.

Serp

« Reply #159 on: September 25, 2009, 09:35:13 PM »
My laptop is in for repairs, and I won't be able to finish this 'till I get it back.  They should be done with it by tomorrow.

Totaku

« Reply #160 on: September 25, 2009, 10:55:38 PM »
Gah, I've been so busy I haven't had much time to give feedback and already look at the time....

... well considering where your at right now, and how much time has passed since I confrimed you got Purvis's file, you got two more days left since I'm giving you an extension. But I will say you story is quite halarious right now. I'm enjoying it every bit. XD

Keep at it! :)
Now I Twitter

Serp

« Reply #161 on: September 28, 2009, 09:57:49 AM »
First of Limestone, Early Autumn 207.

"HARUMPH!"  The Countess slammed a piece of paper down on Serp's desk.  Serp picked it up and read it slowly.

"An arrest order for...  our metalsmith?  Why?"

"RUM HOO HAH!"

"You wanted her to make gold items?  Why?  What legal precedent do you have for arresting a Suika just because she didn't make enough items of a particular material?"

"HARUM HAH ROOM HAH RUMPH!  HOOM HAH ROO RAH SISS BOOM BAH!  RUM HUM!"

Serp nodded slowly.  "That is indeed a persuasive legal argument.  In that case, the metalsmith shall spend one hundred days incarcerated in...  the magma prison death trap.  Of death.  I'd better ask Zengar to station some extra guards by the failsafe lever, just in case."

Twenty Seventh of Sandstone, Mid-Spring 207

Serp is busy directing operations around the fortress, but on her desk lies a memo and a diagram.

MAGMA PITFALL COMPLETE.  WARNING: ENSURE THAT BOTH LEVERS ARE NEVER AT THE 'ON' POSITION AT THE SAME TIME.

P.S.  STOP BY MY OFFICE TONIGHT FOR HOT SEXINGS

LOVE,
PURVIS

---

And with that rather short update, I'm going to have to finish up here.  I'm a season short, but the next player can just take a year and a season for his turn.  I'll upload the file and some screenshots when I wake up in the morning afternoon.  Ramus gets the file next, right?  I wonder if the swimming pool I made will stick around in adventure mode.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #162 on: September 28, 2009, 11:05:21 AM »
My office is the best place for hot sexings; it has artifacts; and Suikas are into those. =]

Oh god, my side.

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
  • Trying to be an engineer
« Reply #163 on: September 28, 2009, 02:01:37 PM »
I'll be needing a file.  And anyway, guys time to pick an adventurer for me!  Remember, it must be human because like hell I'm going to cover half the Earth just to get to one fort.  Also, name too, please.

Human Skills:
Swordman
Maceman
Axeman
Hammerman
Pikeman
Bowman
Crossbowman
Spearman
Lasher
Shield User
Armor User
Wrestler
Ambusher
Thrower
Swimmer

Take your picks.  And let's try a different weapon this time, something other than spear.

EDIT:  I've also been intentionally not looking at the topic, so whatever changes have occurred to the fortress, I'm clueless about.  Expect me to die a few times, especially if you guys decided to be jerks about the traps.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 02:04:12 PM by Ramus »

Serp

« Reply #164 on: September 28, 2009, 11:20:33 PM »
The file is sent.

I'll be needing a file.  And anyway, guys time to pick an adventurer for me!  Remember, it must be human because like hell I'm going to cover half the Earth just to get to one fort.  Also, name too, please.

Ramus Gopetebdi.

Human Skills:
Swordman 9
Shield User 8
Armor User 8
Wrestler 7
Thrower 7
Swimmer 7

This is normally what I use, though I prefer a spear to a sword.

Quote from: Ramus
EDIT:  I've also been intentionally not looking at the topic, so whatever changes have occurred to the fortress, I'm clueless about.  Expect me to die a few times, especially if you guys decided to be jerks about the traps.

Oh, that's cool.  I'll have to put in some stuff specifically for the sake of adventure mode next time around.  Anyway, rather than put up screenshots of the whole fortress, I think I'll let Ramus describe his findings in adventure mode, and then I'll add any useful notes for the next player after that.

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
« Reply #165 on: October 01, 2009, 08:13:11 PM »
Okay guys, prepare for a really FREAKING BIG POST.  As in... 35 images long.

Yeah, it took me that long to explore it (plus a few from the journey of me fighting random animals as usual).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's that time again!  This time is a little different though.  Due to random errors, I've been forced to start a bit north of the closer human town.  How north?  Effectively the other side of the planet.  So, let's get globe trotting.

Darn wolves never leave me alone...

Dwarf Fortress Physics:  Hitting something hard makes it fly far.

Awesome part about the swords, they just remove limbs all together unlike the organ poking spear.

After ten days...
Wolf kill count: 12

Battle #3

Wolf Kill Count: 18 (and rising)

Yeah, this walking thing is going to include a lot of dead dogs.

It never gets old punting wolves.

Geez, come on, don't make me take off the remaining two legs.

Wolf Kill Count: 24

A cougar!  Killed the same way you kill everything else.

Wolf Kill Count: 31

Boredom drives me to start a fire.  Burn wolves burn!

Purple mountains, finally!  Onward, to the fortress!

This is paying out already, random amounts of money is lying everywhere on the ground!

20 gold coins GET

Now, I do believe those weapons mean I've arrived.

Nothing goes wrong at the bridge at the entrance?  I'm not going to even ask why someone installed a bridge.  I'll just keep walking.

I'll also not ask why there's furniture in the hallway.  Geez, you guys are disorganized.

Another bridge right under the first.  I'm starting to get a vague idea of what the heck this is, but let's hit those levers anyway!

Erm... nothing?  Anyway, stairs lead to a lava pit.  So I'm guessing this is a mass trap door of sorts.  Didn't kill me so I don't care about it.

Familiar lava pit.

And a stairway past that that I can't go down.  I'm truly confused.

Found the magma forging place.  Kinda dull.

Finally, a REAL enemy!  Fire imp.  Let's kick its ass!

Or I can hit it once and make it suffer terrible pain.  Do dwarves really have that much trouble with these buggers?

Eh, cut off the head, imp killed.  Yay?

Oh, that explains who been stealing all of my kills.  FFFF- That's two.  I'm behind!

Part coming in a moment...

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
« Reply #166 on: October 01, 2009, 08:21:43 PM »

Flood gate.  Probably means I'm in the wrong place to be killing imps.

Despite opening the gates, the water has gone no where.  I'm truly clueless about how this place was designed.  It's pretty strange.

Ah ha!  The guild representative.  You robbed me of my kills and even though you're sleeping, I'm going to kill you!

After being shot in the left arm elbow and the left arm by the quick bastard, I put her down with a cut to the neck.  Of course, now I'm bleeding badly.

Yes, yes, I know, everyone loves Purvis.

Yay Zengar.

More Purvis praise engravings...

The perfect bed!  Made by a legendary crafter so that we still celebrate these beds today.

Yes, great, but we need to use those weapons some time, not just look at them.

Good Lord people!  You put this in the dining room of all places?!

Suikas sure do love violence.

FUCK YEAH JAN-SAN!  Legendary bed and barrel maker!

You now know that Zengar invented the Rubrix Cube.

Geez, you guys went as far as to hide something in the mining tunnels?

Let's not doing anything too stupid yet.

Meh, can't figure out what the levers do.  Let's kick that door down!

Mist?  Eh, granted, I was underwater after kicking down the door, but why mist?

It became spring while I was in there.  Anyway, one last place to check before I'm done...

Hmm... no wait, the tower became the watergate place.  Okay, well, I'm done.

Total Kills:
1 Crossbow Biokkuri
1 Fire Imp

Death by: N/A

Eh.  Next time we do this Dwarf Fortress thing, you guys need a far more hostile location.  Plus, where's my legendary crafted sword made of legendary material?  Well, anyway, my turn is over.  The fortress is looking well built, some of the engravings are hilarious, and generally, it's all quite good.  I still can't tell if some of the levers stopped working over the years or what.

Totaku

« Reply #167 on: October 01, 2009, 09:11:27 PM »
Eh.  Next time we do this Dwarf Fortress thing, you guys need a far more hostile location.  Plus, where's my legendary crafted sword made of legendary material?  Well, anyway, my turn is over.  The fortress is looking well built, some of the engravings are hilarious, and generally, it's all quite good.  I still can't tell if some of the levers stopped working over the years or what.

Chance are when I looked at everything you did, you just weren't patient enough. Those lever were working, you just didn't give them enough time to see them in full effect, plus your limited vision in the dark also makes it hard to see everything.

The mist you were seeing came from you pulling the lever. If you waited long enough..... well maybe next time. ^^
Now I Twitter

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
« Reply #168 on: October 01, 2009, 09:15:29 PM »
Chance are when I looked at everything you did, you just weren't patient enough. Those lever were working, you just didn't give them enough time to see them in full effect, plus your limited vision in the dark also makes it hard to see everything.

The mist you were seeing came from you pulling the lever. If you waited long enough..... well maybe next time. ^^

Ah, okay, that makes sense.  Next time then.

Serp

« Reply #169 on: October 02, 2009, 02:30:12 AM »
Yeah, the pool is just for swimming - the floodgates nearby are just there to permit or deny access through the tower to any wagons or whatever.  And not all of them are hooked up, by the way.  I've queued it to be finished in the save which I sent along.

Totaku

Re: Suika Fortress - Intermission 2: You stole my kills! YOU DIE NOW!
« Reply #170 on: October 07, 2009, 08:40:24 PM »
Ok, I contacted TG34G3 and learned that he's got some RL situations that are making it difficult for him to make time for the time being. So I have set him in the back of the line.

At the same, Xan told me that he once again wasn't ready to do Suika Fortress so he's been pushed to the back....this means that starting as of this point.... it's now my turn to participate in Suika Fortress...

I will make it clear that as of right now based on my current situation, I will have to work a little bit at a time. I will be certain that I'll still deliver the reports at the alotted time needed. But more than likely I'll have to request an extendtion likely. Because this weekend is going to be rather busy for me.

Regadless I'll try and make time for this.... besides... I got to get the next update done in time for you all to use too.
Now I Twitter

Totaku

Suika Fortress - Year 7 Winter: Fate can be so cruel with THE BRIDGE OF DEATH!
« Reply #171 on: October 09, 2009, 09:05:21 AM »
Ok I finally got around to it and yes, because Serp didn't finish the run, I went ahead and did the winter run. But I'm only doing this because I liked how the design went so far and went with the plan. I'm not going do this forever so I'm going to repeat again.

Try to get the whole year done. Don't leave the game supended with part of the year done and leaving the rest hanging.

Then again, I'm still seeing how everything will handle as like I said...everyone's computer is different.

Anyways let's finsh Serp's year.... also I'm using thumbnails to so that some who don't have fast speeds can get to this post easier.

5th Day of the First Month of Winter

As the winter roll on by, I was busy tending to the shops as a Suika came up and told me to come down and check out what’s going on with the construction of the new rooms…

And to my very eyes I couldn’t believe it, but it was true… The Mayor was digging with the miners! I don’t know why he was doing that, but he seemed rather good at it too.  He kept up with the miners too so obviously he’s been doing this for a while!

It wasn’t long after that Serp came looking for me and when she spotted me she noticed Purvis. I’m not going to say much about what happened between the two lovebirds… but I don’t expect to see him doing mining duty like that. He's probably got something else on his mind now.

Anyways, back to work….

15th of the First month of Winter

Something odd happened…. The legendary artifact Jan-san created has mysteriously disappeared! I’m surprised Jan-san hasn’t lost his temper over his legendary piece. But I guess with all the beds and buckets she has made…I guess it doesn’t bother her now.

26th of the First Month of Winter

An Ambush! And not your typical ambush! They had managed to sneak up to the front of the Fortress before they were spotted! A total of 4 Biokkuri squad had appeared at the entrance. Mainly consisting of all types, Koas, Shizuhas, Minorikos, and Daiyousei…and to top it off… one of them was a built with treads on it body as if it’s body was mounted onto the machine.

“Makes them all drop dead easy!” It shouts as the sends it’s army of biologically modified yukkuri to attack the fortress front. 4 Suikas who were caught outside were killed almost easily when hails of arrows and other biokkuris jumped on our fellow suikas to launch the assault!

All Suikas went insides and the biokkuri began to follow. “This is it people! Pull that lever! Makes those freakish Yukkuri burn!” These were the words the mayor said as one of our Suika went for the lever! When the Suika pulled the lever, the bridge had a small delay…. The biokkuri were advancing across the bridge when the war Sakkuyakkuri began the attack the biokkuri on the bridge. It kept them busy but more were advancing….It was then when our great Suika Champion came forth and charged at the biokkuri!

“What are you doing you moron! You’re going to get killed!”

“I will keep them busy, just get that bridge to work!”

Within that moment the Suika champions turns and gives a thumbs up gesture as if all would be fine…. Just then the bridge open and the Suika along with 6 of the biokkuri and 2 Sakuyakuris plummeted 10 stories down to their fiery death as their body crashed into the lava… there was no sign of anyone resurfacing….as they were all burnt to death….

Just then the biokkuri crossbowman riding on the giant tank treads appears before us as her crossbow clicked in position!

“You shall all drop dead easy!”

She then began to fire bolts into the hallway into the fortress. Even though she couldn’t get into the fort now, she was still able to attack from the distance. The bolts flew as they started to strike all the nearby Suikas. Many were injured by the bolts and some soldiers fell as they tried to get the remaining Suikas out.

The mayor was also nearly struck by a bolt as he just barely got to the corner of the food hall and turned!

Fortunately only 2 fell in the assault. Several others were injured however… including a child, a peasant and a siege operator. Soon, the elite biokkuri bowman fell back and waited…

At this point the mayor ordered that all troops fall back and wait and at the same time make sure all civilians were safe inside before pulling the lever to shut the gate….however one Suika remained unconscious on the floor with an injury to her leg….

This made thing difficult…

7th of the Second Month of Winter

While we waited the miners where down to the mineshaft to dig for more stones, they found some yellow Zircon down there which meant more gems for us! Other than that…. More digging was needed to be done….

22nd of the second month of Winter

Time had passed and the biokkuri weren’t changing their course of actions. The mayor decided to get some soldiers ready and prepare them for battle. They’re objective was to take on the biokkuri that were afraid to cross the bridge.

The First attempt didn’t go well as a champion and a maceSuika fell though they managed to take out a few biokkuri till the elite bowman shot them.

In the second attempt we waited for them, and eventually the came forward! It was then we pulled the bridge. The biokkuri bowman fired and took out another peasant and a champion. Some Sakuyakkuri came forward and stalled the evil yukkuri till the bridge opened and more yukkuri fell… The Elite bowman had then decided that this was a waste of time and left with the remaining troops.

Overall 9 Suika fell. 16-20 biokkuri were either burned or killed.

When we looked down into the pit we noticed there was iron armor floating about down in the magma, we decided to release the lava to go pull out the armor once the magma cools down.

5th of the Last Month of Winter

I decided to help make the fortress more siege proof, I went to the miners and asked them to mine out the outside a bit by removing the hills and digging out part of the mountain in order to make path way for our ballista to fly and take out those biokkuri the next time they invade…

20th of the Last Month of Winter

The Mayor has demanded for more smashing things again.. So I’m going to get the blacksmith to make one for him…

Finally the countess has demanded for gold objects…. sigh…..so demanding….. Stop asking for the impossible woman! We have an economy to run here! Go deal with your two kids!

Final Report  of Winter, Year 207

This was one heck of a year, seems the biokkuri are become way more aggressive…we need to get our Suikas trained. Especially our marksmen, it’ll be the only way we can turn the tied of battle. Cause the biokkuri seems to always find a way around the traps in one form or another. Hopefully with some preparation we can stay in league with these evil menaces.

As for now the Parsees will be coming again soon…. So we need to get ready for them…. And possibly them being more demanding….

Anyways as you know the Lily white has come…so..

WELCOME TO YEAR 208!

This ends were Serp was suppose to end his year. Now we will begin 208 as soon as I find time late today.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 03:46:46 PM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

Totaku

Re: Suika Fortress - Year 8 Spring: Cutting trees make us jealous easy!
« Reply #172 on: October 12, 2009, 08:10:32 AM »
Well I'll make this quick, but let's just say to begin my year, tension flare...

11th Day of the First Month of Spring

It appears in our ever busy schedule there was a Yusakuya that’s wondering around with a chunk of it’s body missing. It seemed to keep wandering around and then falling to the ground and falling unconscious. I can’t let something like this keep happening to it… There’s only one thing I must do…

But the owner refused to give up her loyal friend to my care….so I’ll have to make different plans…

12th of the First Month of Spring

Once again, the Parsees are coming this season. And surprising their shipment is light. They actually carried very little this season. I decided that we should go ahead and trade for everything they brought so I had the fellow Suikas gathered the crafts as the arrived.

14th of the First Month of Spring

It appears I slipped up for once…I was going to trade them every good they had for our stone materials, but I made the mistake of giving them a wooden bin…the one thing Parsees hate most….

“Yu! Yu! Are you trying to say that you can show off to us you can make bins like us too!”

The Parsees suddenly begin to puff their cheeks and swell a bit in size. They were obviously not happy that I gave them the bin….

“We hate it when people like you try to show off to us that you can cut trees like they’re there for you to enjoy. Things like this make us….GET JEALOUS EASY!”

I tried to explain to them that this was an error on my part and that we didn’t mean to offend them however…

“We are not in the mood right now to be doing any trades with people like you… yu! We will leave easy now…”

With that the Parsees packed up their goods and took and started leaving on their yukkuri….

This trade was a complete fail… I have been worried something bad is going to happen….let alone now Mayor Purvis is probably going to call a boozer again. Well back to talking with the Lasion….

20th of the First Month of Spring

And I thought the problem with the Parsee traders was bad enough, now they sent a diplomat over here! I was tired of these guys coming to us and decided that perhaps it might be best if we put our bridge to better use…fufufufufu…

However it was too late, the Parsee was lightning fast and crossed the bridge before even a Suika could set foot into the room to pull the lever….

The diplomat sat down and talked with our countess as they both negotiated….

Thanks to our mayor’s wonderful room planning. We all heard the conversation.

Yup they’re definitely jealous of our ways. And now they want to negotiate with us on limiting our trees cutting. I think they just want to be pains to our arses. I mean come on we can get along right?

What I got from the gist of it was they were limiting us to 100 trees. Personally I’m not complaining. And our nutty countess was willing to sign the deal...

So yeah….we are now bound to stick with cutting 100 trees now. TO be honest though, we haven’t been doing much tree cutting and yet we got a rather huge access of it. If anything, they should go pester the humans. We get more out of them than you’d expect.

But whatever, for now the quota’s not bad, so no bridge of death for you parsee diplomat.

At the same time I finally finished talking to the lasion. Who I have no idea why he decided to hang around in our fort for so long, but at least he’s patient compared to those parseekkuris….

We’ll see how this deal turns out…

22nd of the First Month of Spring

An accident took place in the barracks as a champion died while training. Her death was caused by excessive blood loss. It’s unknown who she was training with at the time, but it’s sort of disturbing when a Suika gets killed while training.

No one exactly saw how it happened…. Needless to say, she’s going to get a burial….

19th of the Second Month of Spring

A Suika clothier just went into a Fey mood and started gathering a lot of things! 3 pieces of leather, 3 pieces of cloth, an Alunite Stone, a Bauxite Block, and a Yellow zircon gem. What on earth is she going to create with all that? This perks my curiosity quite a bit. Only time will tell.

1th of the Last Month of Spring

Our Clothier came up with a rather impressive design for her dress. It practically dropped the jaws of everyone who witnessed it. It was a left glove made from Yukkumane silk and made of very impressive craftsmanship and dye. It was valued at 99000! The most value artifact made here yet! I’m quite pleased with how everything worked out for this Suika. This was definitely a crowning moment for her.

4th of the Last Month of Spring

Migrants have arrived! And most of them are Metal smiths who specialize in armor and weapons. A few planters, a few pump operators and a couple of peasants. We decided to make the peasants into military fodder as usual. So now 4 new soldiers are in training. Hopefully they’ll turn out just as good as the others so they can stand in with the rest of team.

20th of the Last Month of Spring

With our new squad and current situation we need to roll out more coins and more rooms. I heard there were Suikas being evicted from their homes, and our new recruits need armor to protect them. So we have been having the mill working fulltime, smelting, and crafting armor, weapons and coins. This will be a very busy time for our metal workers suikas.

Final report of Spring.

With the Parsee now pushing us into lightrning up on our tree cutting we are in a bit of a predicament. But we are fortunate because we haven’t had a heavy demand for wood lately.  So we still have an excess supply. If we keep this up we might actually not even need to worry about the Parsee’s policy, but maybe to be on the safe side….we may want to develop a pathway for our fellow traders who aren’t Parsee because if we let the forest grow too much…well it will become hard for our traders to come our Suika fort. We just need to keep an eye on how much we cut down.

Otherwise, we made an awesome left glove and now a growing Suika population. So all is well…at least for this season.

Let’s see what the summer brings forth!

Oh and as one parting gift for those who haven't looked. I've done some updating with the statues...

Cool huh?

Well time to let go for now. I'll be giving these statue mods out once my run is finished.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 05:24:18 PM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

Totaku

Re: Suika Fortress - Year 8 Summer: Keepin the Economy truckin'
« Reply #173 on: October 13, 2009, 05:08:10 AM »
10th Day of the First Month of Summer

A human diplomat came to our settlement. He seemed to want to speak to the Countess. When he arrived they basically had a small chitchat with each other?. there was nothing really special about it. Are they just close friends or something?

[
On the same day however one of the kids finally grew up. So now he?s being shown the ropes in the military.

15th Day of First Month of Summer

More of your regular thieves try to take goods, but with so many Suikas around, how can they. Even our cats can detect them now. It?s funny how sad these Momizikkuris try so hard and yet fail.

17th of the First Month of Summer

The Human Caravans have arrived bringing a large shipment of goods with them. As usual, we get our Suikas to round up the supplies. Mainly cloth and crafts as we have a large overhaul of these in our list. We?re more than prepared. As for now I shall get ready to trade them and talk with the Lasion to discuss our needs for our growing economy.

24th of the first Month of Summer

After the trades were placed out on display, I once again went through and traded some of our crafts and clothes for Gold, Silver, Copper and whatever other metals they had. And to top it off, we also went though the wood supply and gathered tons of wood to use, some leather, some thread, and to top it all off?meat and turtles. With a supply like this we should be fine for a while?

28th of the first month of Summer

Our metal smith demanded that we moved are ores that were deep underground to a closer location so they would have easier access. Needless to say we got a stockpile running and got our fellow Suika to move our belonging up to a much closer location. Now production will run smoother?.

27th of the Second month of Summer

I recently noticed a large boom of kimemarus happening. It?s rather disturbing. They reproduce about as fast as they run around twitching their heads in blinding speed. Our mayor told me to get them ready for the slaughtering. And so I?ve marked 5 of them for execution. At least we?ll have plenty of meat and bones to use.

12th of the last month of Summer

While the traders were preparing the leave another momizikkuri popped up. And sadly her fate ended very quite as she was skewered by a hail of arrows that struck her down.

Meanwhile as I talked with the Lasion, I asked them to bring more gold, silver, and copper along with more metals, wood, and other items necessary for our survival. And in return they brought us a list of thing they were interested in. They seem to really want our axes, which I find rather interesting. But I?ll let the mayor decide if we?ll put our axes up for sale.

16th of the last month of Summer

I recently noticed there was a massive lack of other types of crops growing. We have plump helmets, many kinds of outdoor plants growing?. and yet no pigtails, dimple cups or other plans that can be used for clothes. The mayor said I could green light this so I went ahead and had our miners put more rooms to set up farms as well as another drink storage unit.

Now we will eventually be able to make our own clothes out of pigtails!

Final Summer report

It appears this season was very slow. As not much happened. Not that it?s a bad thing. But I was expecting more, everyone?s too busy working right now. And production on some things are slow, but coming along. Hopefully we?ll get tower production running faster eventually.

Also I?m wondering why our Suikas aren?t cutting any trees? I mean we should worry about the elves, but we got 100 trees we can cut. That more than enough?. but still why not cut any? Are we running low on axes? I?ve made plans to make axes just in case. But I?ll follow up on that later.

Also the Yusakuyas seems to be not reproducing?. that somewhat bothers me. We need to make more war dogs to make up for our losses eventually, even if it means trading for them when the caravans come.

Anyways as for right now I shall present you some images of the floor layout of the fortress known as Beer Axe! ( Due to the updates new features, I can't reduce the size of the image to view a whole lot of the image like before so I had to take pieces of it.)

Main floor: Shopping, workshops and Storage

Tower, First Floor And Garden

Tower, Second Floor

Tower, Third Floor (UNDER CONSTRUCTION!)

Floor B1: Living Quarters

Floor B2: Burial, Storage

Floor B2: Blacksmith chamber, soon to be obsidian farm / swimming pool

Floor B6: Mine Shaft

Floor B9: Lava pit of the BRIDGE OF DEATH

This concludes my infromation for the summer, stay tune for the Autumn report!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 05:10:03 AM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

Totaku

Re: Suika Fortress - Year 8 Autumn: Biokkuri are scared easy!
« Reply #174 on: October 14, 2009, 10:06:14 PM »
Time to work on the Autumn report! So here we go!

2nd day of the first month of Autumn

Unnatural forces have possessed our Suika miller who usually does farm work! And she?s now taken over the Craft Suika shop. From that moment she gather a load of supplies! 2 piece of Aulinite, 3 turtule shells, Copper Bars, Leather, and two pieces of dyed cloth. With this amount there?s a chance it could be something worthwhile. But only time will tell?.

10th of the first month of Autumn

The miller finished the piece she was producing?. it turned out to be an aulinite harp called ?Dimple future, the Allied Help?. I pretty much jotted down the description here.

It?s value is around 58800. Not the most valuable item, but it at least second most in terms of value. Plus is has an image of Friend worthy to boot! Hehehe. Not bad overall. Can?t say we can do much, but if someone saves up some money they can be the proud owner of the expensive collector?s item.

15th of the First Month of Autumn

At last the Suika Caravan has come! And a large amount of goods are coming in. We had to go and gather everyone that had their hands free to start getting our goods that we were going to trade ready. Mainly crafts and cloth were gathered along with some leather goods from biokkuri.

20th of the First Month of Autumn

Just as the last of the Suika merchants came in?.

EEEVVVVVIILLLL has arrived!

There was a report that Biokkris were launching an attack! We had to everyone prepared for battle and have guards posted at the main entrance and the power to keep watch over the situation.

The biokkuri army consisted of mainly archers and wrestlers in the group. All we could do is wait for them to make their move?

28th of the First Month of Autumn

After some drinking, I finally decided to settle things with our fellow Suika traders. We managed to obtain a lot of goods from them. Woods, cloth, gems, metals, bauxite and a few other things. Pretty much things should keep us occupied for a while?. Still no signs of any enemy movements for the time being?.

The only things we spotted the guards have spotted as of right now are a few Momizikkuri running about. Very little threat considering that we are pretty vigilant.

3rd of the Second Month of Autumn

We finished negotiating with the lasion and asked for more Bauxite along with a bunch of the other important necessities needed to survive. I noticed that about as quick as I got the Bauxite shipment?. it was gone? some Suika snagged them up and made crafts of out the Bauxite?. so it looks like I can get the mechanics to make gears for the wall till next year?. (or until we mine some?)

13th of the Second Month of Autumn

After waiting for so long we noticed the biokkuri troops weren?t moving toward our fort. It turned out they were afraid to jump into the river in fear of melting leaving the only way for them to access is through the tower via the flood gate.

And because they were too frightened to come around to fight us?. we decided to fight them.

We gather the Suika soldiers and reformed them. 5 Champions, consisting of Wrestlers, Hammer suikas and Axe Suikas? and 3 Marks Suikas. The Mark Suika team would attack on the other side of the bridge while the other group proceeds to the main forces.

As soon as the gates opened, the enemy makes their move..

As our team advances, the biokkuri begin to fire arrow at the marksmen as the Champions advance forward. In the heat of the battle two MarkSuika were injured during the arrow storm, and a Champion in the process. Over time the one marksman and the champions died from the arrow wounds, but it was then when one of our Suika champions was in a material trance! She began to slaughter the biokkuri one by one making then die easy. Heck some of them she practically pushed some of them off into the river sending them plummeting two stories into the water.

And as their corpses melted in the water you could see at their bean paste goo seeped across the riverbanks.

Eventually in the end, we managed to slaughter the whole army, and only two soldiers fell during the fight. They shall be honored in their respective graves for falling in the line of battle?.

26th of the Second Month of Autumn

Migrants showed up! But ironically there weren?t many of them. Only seven showed up, and only one was a peasant. The rest had occupations that would prove them to be useful in the fort.

10th of the last month of Autumn

A Suika Champion died mysterious due to suffocation; it?s unsure how she fell either. When we finally located where she was at, we could only see her body, and some blood. It appear the blot started from the archery target?. but seriously?. can they really hurt you from there?

26th of the last month of Autumn

Another Champion died due to bleeding. Again it?s unsure what the cause was, but considering the death was on the second flood it?s likely she died from practicing. Our soldiers can be so vicious sometimes? but Champions to die during training is a rare thing, but still possible...

Final Autumn report.

It appears that this time, we had to make a fight happen since we?re becoming so well protected. At this rate, we?ll be an unstoppable force to deal with! But sadly we couldn?t do anything with the bauxite as planned?. which is upsetting for me cause I wanted the obsidian pit done?. Guess the mayor will take care of it next year? Otherwise still working on the tower and hopefully the 3rd floor will be finished soon?

Other than that, I will need to request an extension as I have two things going on....

1. Still have the winter season to play....
2. Still need to finish a few remaining factors with the update for the Suika Fortress game.
Now I Twitter

Jana

• mrgrgr
Re: Suika Fortress - Year 8 Autumn: Biokkuri are scared easy!
« Reply #175 on: October 15, 2009, 06:06:44 AM »
These updates are always a delight to read~ While I guess my Suika got a major negative thought from the lost original artifact, you're probably right on the constant production of masterpieces heading that off.

I wouldn't worry about an extension, but since Purvis is the next player, it would be best to wait for his say... Still, I doubt there will be any problem.

Totaku

Re: Suika Fortress - Year 8 Winter: I will Moko-moko you!
« Reply #176 on: October 16, 2009, 07:35:55 AM »
These updates are always a delight to read~ While I guess my Suika got a major negative thought from the lost original artifact, you're probably right on the constant production of masterpieces heading that off.

I wouldn't worry about an extension, but since Purvis is the next player, it would be best to wait for his say... Still, I doubt there will be any problem.

Well Jan-san I have found out what's been causing your goods to be lost. I was rather surprising to me as well because I didn't expect it, but then again I should of expected it. This in a way has put some of our goods in danger. But time will have to wait before we see how it truely turns out...

Anyways here's my last update before I hand the file off to Purvis!

7th of the First Month of Winter

As Letty comes around, things are running fine in the fortress until an incident occurred in the Smithing chamber.

I was told that a Suika that worked on coins suddenly became enraged. But it wasn’t due to anything that would naturally trigger those kinds of symptoms; it was caused by the fact that the Countess had ordered the hammerer to punish the poor Suika. As expected the Suika resisted and as a result the hammerer punished the suika bashing her with her hammer until she was beaten to a bloody pulp! By the time the beating was done, the Suika had suffered from a mangled right leg, left arm and a second finger. Her hip was broken and her she has several bruises across the face and nose.

And now she lies there in complete pain while she’s chained over the lava pit… with her like that we may not be able to make coins for a while…

And why was she punished…. because the countess was looking to blame someone for not making aluminum items…. Seriously, our mayor made the perfect choice for her room, but I wander if we should put this Countess in a different situation that she will…. well…regret what she has done….

8th of the First Month of Winter

I sat down and talked to Mayor Purvis about the situation that had taken place yesterday. He decided that because of what happened to our metal crafter he was going to take matter into his own hands and deal with a proper way to handle the Countess’s actions….

So without too much further delay she traveled around to the Countess’s “Throne Room” and took her cabinet and dumps her clothes out before leaving with it.

After he sets it down and then tells me to go put it on one of the metal smith’s rooms.

And this is why I love our mayor. He always does a great job at coming up with the best ways to punish the noble for her harsh acts.

It’s no wonder why he’s served us for 8 years now!

I’m going to love seeing the reaction on her face once she finds out that her cabinet is gone. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

12th of the First Month of Winter

Our Suika metal crafter is currently resting in bed. She’s managed to recover from some of her wounds but some of them are going to take longer than others. Judging from her condition it could take a few seasons for her to fully recover and return back to work.

Meanwhile our Countess is hurmping in anger over the missing cabinet. I am certain hilarity will ensue eventually.

10th of the Second Month of Winter

I finally found the cause to why Jan-san’s masterworks are being lost.

It’s because of the fire snakes that have been running loose. It turns out that the cage traps we’ve set are too big to catch these things so we had to resort to something smaller….

Animal Trappers. Yes, finally our trappers are going to have a little job to do as they will be making small animal traps and catching the fire snakes, and what other critter they can round up. Also the Chenkkuri will aid and making sure these critters are taken out if needed. I question though if we should move some of our stocks…. especially the beer…. the last thing we need is an explosion to occur in the fortress due to fire snakes.

25th of the Second Month of winter

I’ve become bored and decided we needed to liven things up a bit. So I decided to hold a gathering party at the well! I mean seriously, winter’s a dull season and it would help if we take a little time off to PARTY HARD! It is in our nature as oni to do so! The Mayor is iffy on this situation, but personally we need a little bit a fun now and then right?

26th of the Second Month of Winter

Just as the party was getting started the unthinkable happened… out in the fields located in the far distance was a strange yukkuri unlike anything we saw before. It had silverfish hair and red eye. It’s skin was also warn and falling apart. It was obvious that it was a yukkuri that was rotting away from the inside. But from the look in it’s eye it was filled with determination.

“I SHALL MOKO-MOKO YOU!”, it roared it comes slowly toward the fortress.

Looking at it’s enormous size, I knew we were in trouble. Perhaps I should of listened to the mayor….I never knew parties could draw such things to our place. Right then I had to stop the party, get everyone ready.

“SEAL THE DOORS, Make sure that thing doesn’t get inside the other areas. We must draw it to the main entrance!

The Suika began to pry the floors up as they fixed replaced them with walls. Just then the mayor comes up and complains that because of my drunken party I’ve woken the dead and the undead creature of legend known as the Moko-tan has come pick a fight.

Within a matter of time we got our Suikas to build a wall and so the Moko –tan turned and traveled towards the hill to make her way to the entrance….

We ordered our troops to assemble and prepare for a big battle as this time they will face something unlike they ever fought before.

The squads went to near the entrance waiting near the trading outpost as the yukkuri beast slowly approached…

10th of the Last month of winter

A few of our Chenkkuri ran outside during the mess and they met up with the Moko-tan. Even though there was nothing we could do, thanks to the Chenkkuri cat like reflexes…. they basically acted as a diversion to the Mokou tan as they always seemed to managed to escape from the fiery breath.

13th of the Last month of winter

As we waited the Chen continued to taunt the Moko-tan as it continued to attempt to breath fire on them. Eventually they led the moko tan to the open right in the line of fire of the Ballista. We gave the order to Pancakes and our other Siege operator to launch the ballista, but alas, the arrows went off course and it seemed the they missed their mark for miles as they flew out of sight…

All we could do is wait and reload…

18th of the Last month of winter

Reloading took longer than I thought. They seemed to have trouble reinstalling the ammunition and it was then that the moko-tan walked toward the bridge. This was it, we needed to catch her right here pancakes needed to pull the lever so that the creature would fall to it’s fiery death below!

But there was a problem, Pancakes was still busy with the ammunition to worry about the bridge and most of the other Suikas panicked, as they knew the Moko-tan drew close.

It manages to cross the bridge and started walking through the traps.

The scary thing was the traps didn’t seem to phase her what so ever, she was either dodging them, or just that strong.

So in the end we had no choice, we had to use are men to charge at the mokou tan and slay it!

All 6 of them gathered up right at the monster and began to pulverize it slowly but surely. It even attempts to burn them, but while the fire misses the Suikas, it did however catch the trade depot on fire! Among the mess an animal caretaker was caught in the fiery mess, and while she didn’t burn she did however die from the intense heat. The same was said for one of our champions. Eventually our champions managed to rip out a chunk of the Moko-tan and eventually it fell to the ground and died from the pain.

Only two casualties fell in this incident, but the major loss wasn’t our men, but our Trade depot as everything that was on it was burned completely away…. All the wood, all the bins, all the cloths, and almost every metal gone….plus the depot was burned away as well.

We had no choice in the matter though… as we underestimated the plan I had going. And so now we will have to likely cut some wood just to make it sufficient for us to make it through, (just as long as we don’t go over the quota)

21st of the Last month of winter

The Trade Deport has finally been rebuilt but this time I took the time to make the depot out of iron this time. Now let’s see that Moko-tan burn that to the ground!

Also it seems the fire snakes are back in the stock room again. We’re going to need our trappers to catch them before they make a mess of things….

Final Winter Report

With the turn of the year we began a new age as we our now in the “AGE OF HEROS!”. The year has been filled with lots of unexpected situations. Angry Parsees, Vicious nobles, cowardly biokkuris, and now a Mokou tan to top it off. And yet when I think about it…6 of us who originally founded the land are still alive after all this (Ramis died if you recall).

Can this situation get any more exciting? Only time will reveal this, as now the Mayor will have to continue working on his tasks, while I continue working the trades….

And with that….Lily white has come…

And now... it's time for me to give you two things....

First the Beer Axe file so Purvis can continue onward.
Beer Axe File

And the Suika Fortress game with new updates!
Suika Fortress Mod update

This update uses the new version of Mike Mayday's Sprite version of Dwarf Fortress

The update mainly contains some new sprite graphics, some additional information regarding the DF community.

As for my mod update here's what I can tell you..

Renamed certain Yukkuri based on thier offical information. (Sakuya types and Yamane types just to name a few)
Added in a new statue sprite suitable for a Suika Fortress. XD
Added in head icon for Suika to replace dwarf head icon
Added in a few additional yukkuri sprites for certain creatures.

I think I forgotten a few things, but I know time was running out so I had to get this out.

Now unlike the other version, you can't exactly adjust the sprite grid display like before as some people asked me to help with. So you are going to depend on adjusting the window size to benifit your taste. Though the default size I have been useing the whole time, which is already in the init file works in most cases as long as you all got resolution, otherwise adjusting the window size is the only thing I can suggest for this version.

Anyways, have fun Purvis.

And I'm signing up again,
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 07:49:40 AM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #177 on: October 20, 2009, 08:39:30 PM »
The Hammerer changed prices on certain goods.

The Countess changed prices on certain goods.

"Much wonderings why they doing of that," Purvis mutters to herself, as she rocks against the artifact chair in her office. "Perhaps it is footrace with manyful number?"

"So to where did coin rollings away?" Serpentarius asks, as she digs under the office table for an errant gold piece.

"Is much lost," says Purvis distantly, now admiring a work of perfect craftssuikaship, "Bend lower."

"Am Woodcrafter again!" Jan sings outside the office.

"When was time of stopping?" Purvis wonders aloud, then shrugs.

"Hey! Is Parsekkuris with diplomat!" cries one of the Suikas in the tower.

"Totaku!" shouts Purvis down the hall, "Make with trading of muchness! Do it now!"

"SHUTTINGS UP, MAYOR!" Totaku shouts. "I AM MAKING DELIGHTNESS ROASTS!"

"If there was rock in hands of mine," Purvis mutters, "I would be makings muchful bustings of heads." Then there is a knock at the door. "Comings in!"

A parsekkuri nudges the door open and hops in, smiling at Purvis. "Takings it easy!" she intones cheerfully. Purvis is unable to return the smile, after noticing the Parsekkuri's eyes. They were green, as to be expected. But as any artist or chef can tell you, there is a practically limitless variety of green to be found in the world, and even more that can be created outside the tyranny of nature. In particular, this Parsekkuri's eyes were green in a sort of bright manner that brought to mind the light of the setting sun through a green glass bottle after a terrible day of being pestered by the Countess.  Purvis brow furrows as she frowns at the Parsekkuri.

Clearly undaunted, the Parsekkuri says, "Am muchlings jealous of how well of you were not cutting trees! Only eight cut? Is very good! Suikas are bestest friends of Parsekkuri, and whole world be easy jealous of it!"

Purvis' nostrils flare just a little as she stares into those green eyes. In them, she fancied that she could see a horrible, distorted reflection of herself.

"Am much hopings to renew this treatyful way," says the Parsekkuri. "Givings to you the rights to trees of one hundred more! Freshful start, yes?"

Purvis could not look away from those eyes. While holding the glare, she slowly grabs a quill and snaps it in half. Then, she begins to systematically strip away the feathery parts with fierce tearing motions. Silence reigns over the office. The Parsekkuri bounces, smiling.

"Mother of you," says Purvis slowly, emphasizing each syllable, "was much tasty with side of rice."

The Parsekkuri stops cold. "Yuyu?"

"Mother that is of you," says Purvis, "was tasting very good when I make eatings of her with mouth of mine."

"Am not makings understanding," says the Parsekkuri.

Purvis stands slowly, looming over the parsekkuri and still unable to look away from the horrible green eyes. "Mother of you left skin, we made takings of it to make into cloth of loin." She approaches the parsekkuri now, "We turn skin of mother of you into leathery cloth. And turn to cloth of loins."

"Saying weirdly things," says the Parsekkuri, and she bounces out of the office.

"...Did she have bananas in ears' holes?" Purvis asks. Serpentarius shrugs. "TOTAKU GO TRADE!"

"AM SLEEPING!" Totaku shouts back.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #178 on: October 22, 2009, 10:01:47 AM »
Things have been quiet lately. Serpentarius edges the door of the Mayor's office open, hoping admire the fine chair within in peace. Her hopes are quickly dashed as she finds Purvis sitting there, glaring at the desk and gripping her horns hard enough to leave her knuckles bone white. Their eyes meet, and the irritation reads clearly in Purvis' eyes. "Ah..." says Serpentarius, "Is badful time?"

"WHY IS COUNTESS SO ECSTATIC!?" Purvis shouts.

Serpentarius frowns as she closes the door. This is a serious affair, one that will have to be considered with care and elan.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #179 on: October 22, 2009, 12:53:13 PM »
"Countess!" says Purvis, as she strides down the sandy halls that make up the nobles' rooms.

"Harumph?" asks the countess, eye narrowing, as she looks away from her prior efforts to get the sand from her bedsheets.

"Ha ha ha," says Purvis, "I am not coming to make return of cabinet, you most sillyful of bitches! Is metalcrafter's now!"

"RUMPH!"

"Am thinking, Countess," says Purvis, tactfully ignoring the Countess as she grabs her horns, "Is much lonelys here. So, I am muchful resolve to do a thing for it!" She smiles at the countess as a sound of a pick comes to their ears. Moments later, part of the floor beside the Countess' makeshift room falls away and reveals a newly-made set of stairs. "So am making stairs to floors below! Now manys of people will walk through every day and all of the day! Now there will be much friends for you." The another Suika emerges from the nearby chamber where the lone Ashery was carrying out components of said Ashery. "And no one are using ashery verying much! So next door is new place of practice catapult! Much crashings of friendship at every times! Even making new storings house of furnitures for plenty rocks to use!"

"Mph!" says the Countess, as Purvis turns away, giving her no chance to really reply. It was going to be a good summer. "Humans diplomat am visit!" calls out one of the Suika on watch.

"Makes with sending in!" Purvis answers cheerful.

"Is Siegetimes," says Zengar, as he appears from a side hall. "Muchlings Biokkuris is here. Is dozens!"

Purvis grabs her horns. "Balls!"
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 12:55:15 PM by Captain Purvis M.F.D. »