Author Topic: Where do I even start?  (Read 3017 times)

Colticide

• Awoo!~
Where do I even start?
« on: August 05, 2013, 02:10:20 AM »
Please delete this if this is the wrong place to do this, thank you and my apologizes.

I've been lingering around the forum for a few days and I have no idea where to get started to start posting. It all feels overwhelming and and just jumping into a conversation when your not very knowledgeable as the others feels rude. Spent the time reading all the forum rules give me a good idea of what to expect from the forum but there is just no place to start out at and ease into, either that or I'm just missing it but I can't find such a topic. Being recently new to Touhou I feel very inexperienced but also most normal questions have already been asked and posting in old threads is against the rules so most of the Touhou section seems out of the question.

I feel bad for even making a topic like this to begin with and acting like a shy and lost child but I really don't know where to start out at. Any advice would be great and hope I didn't offend anyone making this. Thank you.
Touhou Fugyouseki ~ Nightmare of Sleeping Girl English Patch
I run a crappy YouTube channel, check it out if you wish~

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
Re: Where do I even start?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 03:06:15 AM »
Wherever you want, really.  If you feel uncomfortable posting, feel free to just read other posts in threads that interest you and jump in only when you have something you want to add.

Posting in old threads isn't really as much of a no-no as it once was, but in general you should stick to threads that are still active (have been posted in in the last two weeks or so) unless you have something important to add (such as a new update for an older game thread).  Otherwise go nuts.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 03:13:29 AM »
If you're talking about general introduction to the site, the board descriptions for a start - fan stuff, gaming, fiction, music, art and so on.

You can bump old threads, but see if there isn't already an active thread - like in the last two weeks - on a particular topic before you start one of your own. If there's Touhou related questions you have, again, the board descriptions can help you there, and then take a look at the threads to see if there's a subject that might already pertain to your question. The Touhou Addict Recovery Center has a Miscellaneous Questions thread, as does the gaming board, Help Me Eirin.

Most of all, don't be shy about just participating. These are all friendly welcoming folks, and the staff will be more than happy to help you.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2013, 07:28:21 PM »
Introductions Thread is always a good place to start. Otherwise see the above. Post about a topic you find interesting in the appropriate forum. If you don't see a topic on your interest, make one and see where it goes. If you have a particular favorite game or anime go to the Arcade or Audio-Visual respectively, or if you have a bunch of life problems like some of us misfits here do go post in LettyJournal once you get enough posts (10) under your belt.

You'll probably find your niche after a few posts. Nobody is going to firestorm you for a shitty post, although you probably won't find many responses to one either.

Worse comes to worse you can come hang out on IRC and chat up anyone who's around.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2013, 01:12:52 AM »
Oh wow there actually is a intro thread! I tried to find one but no luck so thank you very much! IRC? Not to sure what that is but I'll take a look into what it's about later, thank you!
Touhou Fugyouseki ~ Nightmare of Sleeping Girl English Patch
I run a crappy YouTube channel, check it out if you wish~

WBL Studios

• Banned
  • Don't steal his OC ;_;
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2013, 07:55:58 PM »
As a great man once said...

Seriously, though.  Go to the introduction thread, introduce yourself, regard anyone who welcomes you there, then just paddle around for a while.