Author Topic: Gensou Shoujo Taisen Scarlet - Youyoumu Translation Project  (Read 65465 times)

Lukesky180

• Knight of the Hungry Ghost
  • Yuyuko-sama!
    • HSE-Endeavor's Robotics Team
Gensou Shoujo Taisen Scarlet, AKA Super Touhou Wars or Fantasy Maiden Wars E, has a sequel released! It is called Gensou Shoujo Taisen Scarlet - Youyoumu, and apparently (from what I see) follows the Perfect Cherry Blossom Story. It has been released at Reitaisai 9, and I think that there should be an English Patch in production, since there is lack of one. This is kinda disorganized at the moment, and there will be an attempt to organize the project, and I am new at patch making... ^^

So, if anyone can help, please do! Members of the previous game's English Patch are welcome. Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 04:53:22 PM by Lukesky180 »
>This is the little mistress.
>Oh, hello little one!
Is this my dream, the destiny to behold?
~Sister of Scarlet~

Re: Gensou Shoujo Taisen Scarlet - You English Patch
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 10:49:44 PM »
I'll help in whatever capacity I can! I had posted some information in the previous thread http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,11076.90.html :

In the recent reitaisai, the group that made the original version (Sanbodo) just released the new version, titled Fantasy Maiden Wars "Maiden". It appears that it deals with the MoF patch, and has a lot of new exciting features. You can check it out in their blog:
http://sanbondo.blog81.fc2.com/

or translated: http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ja&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fsanbondo.blog81.fc2.com%2F

Some videos of their attacks are already up!
Kanako and Suwako's attack:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14ovnjOPFpk
Reimu and Marisa's combo attack:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZyXXbWebNM

I PMed the previous person who had released the patch (Deranged) but I haven't received an answer :/

I don't know much Japanese, but I can do what I can.

Lukesky180

• Yuyuko-sama!
Re: Gensou Shoujo Taisen Scarlet - Youyoumu English Patch
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 11:56:38 PM »
Alright, so I see that we have encountered our first problem in the makings of this patch. The files are unreadable, and I need to decrypt them. If anyone would like, I shall upload the data files and see if anyone has luck. Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 04:09:02 PM by Lukesky180 »
>Oh, hello little one!
~Sister of Scarlet~

Lukesky180

• Yuyuko-sama!
Re: Gensou Shoujo Taisen Scarlet - Youyoumu Translation Project
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 04:54:46 PM »
If anyone needs, I can upload the DAT files to decode them :/
>Oh, hello little one!
~Sister of Scarlet~

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2012, 03:43:32 AM »
I think that was the problem with the first Fantasy Maiden Wars. It was very hard to translate, on the technical side, so it took forever. I am guessing from your current problem, it is the same deal.

Lukesky180

• Yuyuko-sama!
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2012, 02:54:24 PM »
That's right. Currently, I am waiting for a response from the previous patch makers, but there isn't one yet.
>Oh, hello little one!
~Sister of Scarlet~

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2012, 06:23:44 AM »
Just wanna let you guys know how happy I was to see someone intent on translating this game. I won't be able to help, but I'll be cheering you guys on from the sidelines! :)
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2012, 01:27:27 PM »
I'm echoing what Donut said. I can't really help either, but I'll be cheering from the sidelines too.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2012, 11:51:21 PM »
Hi Luke Sky! Great job on the initial post!! I'll be happy to help with text translations! My Japanese is moderate, so, I'm sure having another more experience translator would be better, but I'll be happy to help you with getting the project started.

For your reference and to get a feel for my translation style you can check out my transations of Japanese songs on youtube (of course I realize translating songs is different!). And no, that link was not selfless promotion, I'll remove it you think that is the case!! >_<

http://www.youtube.com/user/abeetoven?feature=mhee

Lukesky180

• Yuyuko-sama!
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2012, 12:59:55 AM »
Thanks for the encouragement!
>Oh, hello little one!
~Sister of Scarlet~

Lukesky180

• Yuyuko-sama!
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2012, 08:40:48 PM »
Edited the title of the thread for accuracy. Also, need help in decoding the DAT files. I can upload them.
>Oh, hello little one!
~Sister of Scarlet~

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2012, 07:57:30 PM »
Sorry for the thread necromancy!

I have about six years of programming experience, and would be willing to take a whack at the .dat files if you are still interested in opening that box.

Lukesky180

• Yuyuko-sama!
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2012, 12:12:13 AM »
Of course! If you could do so, that would be a great help, thank you!
>Oh, hello little one!
~Sister of Scarlet~

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2012, 03:23:57 PM »
I do not actually have the game; you said you could upload the DATs?

Lukesky180

• Yuyuko-sama!
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2012, 03:14:24 AM »
Alright, here is a folder containing the ones I have uploaded now. Good luck, and if you are successful, I will upload more. Thank you for assisting this cause~

http://www.mediafire.com/?58ek4jpbam7cf
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 11:39:56 PM by Lukesky180 »
>Oh, hello little one!
~Sister of Scarlet~

Lukesky180

• Yuyuko-sama!
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2012, 11:43:46 PM »
Hi Luke Sky! Great job on the initial post!! I'll be happy to help with text translations! My Japanese is moderate, so, I'm sure having another more experience translator would be better, but I'll be happy to help you with getting the project started.

For your reference and to get a feel for my translation style you can check out my transations of Japanese songs on youtube (of course I realize translating songs is different!). And no, that link was not selfless promotion, I'll remove it you think that is the case!! >_<

http://www.youtube.com/user/abeetoven?feature=mhee
It's no problem if your Japanese is moderate, we can still work together to translate the game! Once the DAT files are cracked, we can get working. You can translate them, and I will look over them for accuracy. Thank you for your help.
>Oh, hello little one!
~Sister of Scarlet~

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2012, 12:01:21 AM »
There is going to be a 1.07 patch before the end of 2012.
I can 'try to' help with anything that doesn't have too much hiragana, but Google Translate would be better at this point.
Signature

Lukesky180

• Yuyuko-sama!
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2012, 01:21:36 AM »
I will be sure to keep that version in mind, if it has not been released yet.
>Oh, hello little one!
~Sister of Scarlet~

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2012, 11:25:31 PM »
Hey guys, updating you with some news from the hacker end, and continuing my thread necromancy streak here.

I am focusing on data1 for now; none of my usual tricks have panned out, but examining the game has given me a few shot-in-the-dark hunches that I want to try as well.

A pity that none of the original patch staff seems to have contacted lukesky on this, but at least it poses a nice challenge.

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2012, 01:03:46 AM »
(Sorry for double posting, but I felt it warranted its own entry.)

So, I have some interesting information.

It turns out that GST is a product of Game Maker 8.1, version 7 of which I was very familiar with in my high school days. This was one of my shot-in-the-dark hunches mentioned above; the way the game starts (a static image followed by the application) drew to mind days of less programming ability and more free time. One decompiler and an old software download later, and I confirmed my suspicions.

I now have access to the entirety of Gensou Shoujo Taisen Youyoumu's source code.

Does this get me access to the .DAT files, and thus 99% of what we really need? No.

Does this give me all the tools I need to figure out a way in? Damn straight.

Gentlemen and ladies.

We have liftoff. :P

achicken

• A Random Chicken Passing By
  • Das Nunstuck Git Und Slotermeyer
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2012, 01:22:57 AM »
The Yoyogames one? Color me impressed at both them and Sanbodo; I've used ver 6 to learn beginner game creation, tho I must admit never having used the full version.

(That was a very lucky shot in the dark; Gamemaker isn't the only one creating compiled games that start that way.)

Lukesky180

• Yuyuko-sama!
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2012, 01:24:50 AM »
Yes! I've been knowing that for a while, but forgot. Thank you for bringing it up, and off we go~!
>Oh, hello little one!
~Sister of Scarlet~

« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2012, 08:40:23 AM »
Wow, that's good news.

HGH

« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2012, 05:21:28 PM »
Good to know, hopefully it won't be too hard. Good luck with your work!
I do have a question though: who exactly was the original translation staff? Looking around a bit, all I see is a single post by Deranged with absolutely no warning or progress reports whatsoever beforehand. Did he do it all by himself? I know for a fact that he's busy helping out with DoD right now though, so that's probably why he's not working on this right now or for a while.

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2012, 07:49:26 PM »
I wish you luck with the project, aside from being a very old fan of the Super Robot Wars series these games are an homage to, I have no way to contribute personally.

But that is very interesting news to hear, since I vaguely remember people saying it was nigh impossible to get at the source data back when the first game was the subject of the translation project.  I now have much to look forward to when this project is up and running. 

Though it's a much later issue, I would remind you to really double check everything to make sure there aren't major goof ups like in the first game's patch, like how the Ch 15 boss doesn't carry the right item to drop when the english patch is applied, and the Sunflower's effect is described entirely wrong- stuff that goes well beyond a typo or slightly wonky grammar.

Lukesky180

• Yuyuko-sama!
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2012, 10:54:26 PM »
Thank you for the wishes, I will try in all of my power to have a complete patch for everyone. I, myself want one as well, so this will be a big achievement.
>Oh, hello little one!
~Sister of Scarlet~

« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2012, 07:34:18 PM »
Though it's a much later issue, I would remind you to really double check everything to make sure there aren't major goof ups like in the first game's patch, like how the Ch 15 boss doesn't carry the right item to drop when the english patch is applied
Oh wow, I didn't even notice that. FYI, it's not especially hard to fix the item numbers after you import the save, but you have to mess with Cheat Engine a little. Not really an ideal solution, but it works.

Unequip all of your Nails, then run Cheat Engine and scan for the Nail number (Value type is Double), equipping them until you pinpoint the exact value, then just lower that by 1 to remove the extra you got in the English patch. Then manually add an address (Value type is still Double) that's 18 higher in hexadecimal (Calculator here) than the Nail's address and raise its value by 1. For example, I got 0D6CE548 as the Nail's address, so the Fang was 0D6CE560. The distance between the item addresses is always the same, but the addresses themselves can vary, so don't just enter the example I gave. Scan for the Nail's address yourself.

The Fang won't appear ingame at first, but as soon as you save and reload the game, it'll be in your inventory. Save to a different slot at first. There shouldn't be any real danger of screwing anything up, but better safe than sorry.

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2012, 12:45:57 AM »
I could fix it that way, but even those instructions are over my head to a degree.  Thanks for the advice, but it was a non issue for me since I already have clear files from a clean install available to use.  Just pointing that out since others shouldn't have to worry about nonsense like that again, especially with part two adding much swankier items like bringing back the old W-Up part.  I doubt too many even noticed Flandre is not carrying the correct item to drop and there weren't that many to keep track of in that game, part 2 has a ton more items by comparison.

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2012, 02:37:05 AM »
Well, I was mostly mentioning it because I assumed that most people who will play the eventual English patch for this will be using a save from the English patch of the first game, and some of them may want to get the correct item loadout. Cheat Engine's actually pretty straightforward to use, and fixing the inventory shouldn't take more than a minute or two when you know what to do.

You can actually use the method I mentioned to fix the clear save in the first game as well, so this isn't necessarily something people need to put off until this game gets patched.

« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2012, 01:28:06 PM »
Importing saves from FMW E (english or otherwise) is going to probably be the hardest part of this patch on my end, but it must be done.