Author Topic: Night of the Vampire Mafia: Happily Ever After  (Read 79639 times)

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
Re: Night of the Vampire Mafia: Confirmation Phase
« Reply #60 on: June 17, 2011, 01:54:23 AM »
Well, if he really did shoot Shadoweh, I don't think he's a town aligned vigilante. :/
Hence, I'd like to see if Shadoweh really does flip or not.
I dunno, everything I'm thinking of right now depends on whether or not Shadoweh flips.

« Reply #61 on: June 17, 2011, 01:54:38 AM »
I think I could have worded myself better.

People who have cases on Bardiche that would suddenly be invalidated if his vig shot turned out to be a gambit are coasting and might as well not have any true case at all. It'd be fine if they were voting him over a more solid argument that can't later be instantly disproven by anything other than an informative role (ie, what I pointed out about him earlier before he responded), but as far as I'm aware nobody is doing that.

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #62 on: June 17, 2011, 01:55:24 AM »
@HW: Oh, I have opinions outside of Bard. I just don't see fit to divulge them yet. This entire process is a whole bunch of beautiful reactions to mine. Also, Dormio has a case on me? I must have missed it in all the failure to actually cite things that happened in this game.

I see no need to pursue whether Bard's shot was a gambit or not at this time, HW. I don't appreciate you bringing that possibility up.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #63 on: June 17, 2011, 01:56:46 AM »
@Dormio: If Shadoweh fails to flip, then I'd no longer have an excuse to tunnel on Bard, right? So I'm still missing how my professed desire to see Bard die is scummy? Maybe you could try explaining again?

« Reply #64 on: June 17, 2011, 01:57:46 AM »
In fact, I'll go so far to take a page from Shadoweh in JJBA, who took her page from Pesco in GDC.

UK, Dormio, PX.

Bardiche has been removed from the game. His body and flip were never found, and the mod has chosen that he will not tell us whether or not Shadoweh died and flipped for another 24 hours. In this hypothetical scenario, who would you switch your vote to?

Cut by UK. I apologize for being the one to state the obvious. I think that not letting people coast is more important than potentially causing people to think Bardiche's shot is a gambit when we've already gotten a fair amount of reactions from it.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #65 on: June 17, 2011, 01:59:31 AM »
<_< Are you seriously trying to make the case that even if you oopsed and I 'happen' to be town I'm a good kill? That's insulting. My cases aren't accurate enough? Randomly shooting someone who's good at being town before you have any idea of their alignment is a pro-scum move because it means you shot a nightkill that could have been you, instead of a possible mislynch. I can't believe I'm having this kind of argument. I'm really insulted you would pretend this has any logic besides lulz kill Shadoweh. That's why I immediately doubt your alignment.

I'm not joking that UK sounds weird either, that was a quick jump from Scum!Bard to eh wait until Shadoweh's town flip. LET ME SAVE YOU ALL SOME TIME. SHADOWEH IS TOWN. DISCUSS.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #66 on: June 17, 2011, 02:04:05 AM »
@Dormio: If Shadoweh fails to flip, then I'd no longer have an excuse to tunnel on Bard, right? So I'm still missing how my professed desire to see Bard die is scummy? Maybe you could try explaining again?
Words how do they work?
#46 looks strikes me as you trying to take a really safe route through this mess.
And scum like to play it safe, no?

@Huh What: The only problem with that is you're removing the results of most of what's happened so far in this game.
PX has even claimed that he's not taking anything seriously until Affinity shows up to say that the confirmation phase is over.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #67 on: June 17, 2011, 02:05:11 AM »
This is SRS MAFIER, I therefore demand our lurkers come in and comment on stuff.

PX! Why does meta demand I am scum for following through on a promise? Jumping on an easy target is easy, but I want serious opinions here, so get in and motivate yourself. If your vote was a jest, move it somewhere more serious, or elucidate its progression to serious vote.

Dormio, how does Shadoweh's flip influence your read on UK?

« Reply #68 on: June 17, 2011, 02:05:43 AM »
PX has even claimed that he's not taking anything seriously until Affinity shows up to say that the confirmation phase is over.
That's his problem, since he shouldn't even be doing that.

Guys, it doesn't matter whether or not the confirmation phase is over. If it isn't, then when Affinity officially ends it we'll just place our votes back based on what has already transpired. It's not like we're being sent new role PMs as soon as Affinity returns or anything.

« Reply #69 on: June 17, 2011, 02:06:34 AM »
If Shadoweh does die, I'd be surprised. Like, blown out of the water surprised.

Quote from: UncertainKitten
I see no need to pursue whether Bard's shot was a gambit or not at this time, HW. I don't appreciate you bringing that possibility up.
Translation: "I see no need to not having my vote being automatically justified. I don't appreciate you bringing in possible truths that go against my voting reason."
##Unvote
##Vote: UncertainKitten

Also, If you claim to have opinions on other people besides bardiche, you should post them, rather than just pretending to have them so you can backpedal later.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #70 on: June 17, 2011, 02:07:33 AM »
You do realize the game hasn't started yet, right?

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #71 on: June 17, 2011, 02:09:11 AM »
Well, I never unvoted Bard, now did I Shadoweh? Nor did I say you flipping scum would make Bard town. In fact, I said that it would not really fix anything. I just said I would drop him today since I would literally have nothing I could reasonably expect him to be lynched on. But I'd catch him later in the game, when he's talked a lot, done more things that help scum.

Now, Bard has been removed from the game? Mm, tough call. For now, Dormio. I dislike the...opportunism he's engaging in. People start looking at me funny, and he's right there. Shadoweh DID say something "weird" was about me before he did, correct? He was also quick to jump on Bard. I expect if another viable wagon that isn't him crops up, he'll be all over that shit too. This is not mutually exclusive with Bard scum, since the Bard wagon was just becoming a thing when Dormio jumped on (IIRC he was the second vote.) I don't think he expected Bard's lynch to be a thing that will happen.

Cut by Bard bringing up something I agree with. PX deciding not to take this seriously reflects AWFULLY on him. To the point that Bard scum is less certain. I feel Dormio is weirder and, yes, I'm giving PX a slight derp pass. But I have my eye on him.

HW is also correct headed.

Zak is also hilarious. You're kind of bad at figuring out town UK, aren't you? Let's try this

Bard's vig shot being a gambit does not really change much.
I have different reasons for not encouraging considering Bard's shot a gambit

« Reply #72 on: June 17, 2011, 02:09:50 AM »
@Edible: I dunno. We've started voting and such before the mod openly started the game before.

If we're absolutely not supposed to be playing without word from the mod, you could always close the topic until he arrives.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #73 on: June 17, 2011, 02:10:41 AM »
@Bardiche: If Shadoweh does flip, and she shows up as town, I'm inclined to believe that both you and UK aren't town aligned.
Is she flips as scum, then my brain will be full of fuck and I'll go back to studying for a while.

@Huh What: It's kind of a big deal though.

Cut by Bledibleh.
Well, that's interesting.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #74 on: June 17, 2011, 02:11:50 AM »
EBWOP: I should state that my reads are very subject to change, and are biased towards people who have actually, yanno, posted.

@Dormio: Oh? This is interesting. Please, tell me how I'd be scum with Bard if Shadoweh flips town? Though wait for me to get popcorn, this oughtta be good.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #75 on: June 17, 2011, 02:16:08 AM »
Bardiche shoots a townie, you bus him for super credit, then you and your new scum buddy on N2 ride along on the magical town cred to victory~
Or something like that, anyway.
Apparently Bardiche's shot is fake, which is interesting, and results in me really not liking you.

Bardiche

« Reply #76 on: June 17, 2011, 02:17:50 AM »
Equally interested in that explanation, Dormio.

Edible, just subtract however long we discuss this from day start. Barring things happening at D1 start, or a Night 0 existing, I don't think it'd change much.

Which is why I want the lurkers (I know Chaore has read this!) to unlurk and treat this game as if it has already begun and start coming in with observations and opinions. No reason to abstain from contributing immediately.

Note that Edible never received a list of who has what role so he can't flip anything.

« Reply #77 on: June 17, 2011, 02:18:23 AM »
I think Dormio is scum with Bardiche, and that his plan is to have Bardiche shoot a townie, bus him for super credit, then he and your his scum buddy on N2 ride along on the magical town cred to victory~

(true case, 100% serious)

Bardiche

« Reply #78 on: June 17, 2011, 02:20:49 AM »
Also if my shot is fake how does this incriminate UK?

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #79 on: June 17, 2011, 02:21:37 AM »
That's nice. First, what's confirmed Bard's shot as fake?
Second, you do realize that what you are proposing is the same thing I'm proposing if Shadoweh flips scum, right? i.e. YOU CAN'T ACTUALLY USE IT AS A CASE BECAUSE IT'S A CONSPIRACY THEORY THAT'S RATHER STUPID!

Now, both Bard and I would have the gall to do something like that, but that said, it's a dumb move. If Bard shot a scumbuddy, yes, it would have a big tactical advantage for town cred, but it doesn't last as long as you think it does, and it's not worth losing a member of your team in most cases. (If Bard had shot someone with less skill, this'd be slightly more likely, though honestly, I'd probably not have found shooting someone with less skill that scummy). Now then, you're proposing that I *bus* a scumbuddy, in a situation where meta dictates we accept Bard as ridiculous town. And that I get him lynched, and float on the town cred. That doesn't work either, for much the same reasons Bard shooting Shadoweh as a scum buddy would be an awful reason to lynch. Bussing doesn't even lend as much town cred as a vig shot.

tl;dr: Clarifying my earlier stance, I would not be able to lynch Bard on conspiracy theories if Shadoweh flipped scum. I'd have to look at this posting to find the scumminess. Following from this, your "case" on BardxUK has the same flaws.

So, as I thought, not worth my time.

...Bard, quit being reasonable! You're supposed to be my easy D1 scum lynch! How am I supposed to bus you if you keep sounding townie!?

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #80 on: June 17, 2011, 02:22:51 AM »
All that said, I'm beginning to get more of a THAT'S OUR DURRMIO vibe from Dormio, as opposed to scum intent. So, I'd probably vote PX if I weren't voting Bard.

« Reply #81 on: June 17, 2011, 02:23:46 AM »
It being a gambit actually does change things. It means what Bardiche has been doing was creating a situation that forces people to react. What this means is that Bardiche is actually either Town or Scum, and this directly relates to Shadoweh's flip. The more people that post before Affinity comes, and decides which side they believe more likely, the better, but for now I believe I land on the side of Bardiche being town, and I believe that scum's first impulse would be to start a wagon on Bardiche. I have my reasons for believing this is true, but we won't know until.

I disagree with the sentiment that Bardiche and UK are the same alignment.
I do agree that PX's refusal to respond until Affinity goes against what I said above, and I realize he's being seriously anti-town

« Reply #82 on: June 17, 2011, 02:24:29 AM »
In case what I was getting at wasn't clear enough already, I'd like to point out that even though Dormio's "theory" about Bard shooting a townie and have his buddy bus him could be applied to any one of Dormio, PX and UK to make them look like Bard's buddy. Only Dormio chose to apply it to the one who is probably the towniest of the three.

Seriously. <_<

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #83 on: June 17, 2011, 02:25:05 AM »
It mostly boils down to what I think of UK's #46.
It reeks of confirmation bias to me.

Oh dear god, how many times must you all cut me?

« Reply #84 on: June 17, 2011, 02:26:01 AM »
UK: Really? I'm reading it as Scum Durmio pushing bad scum-motivated cases that link people together, like he did in BGoM. Only he did that with his buddies there, which I kind of doubt is the case in this game. <_<

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #85 on: June 17, 2011, 02:28:55 AM »
@Zak: It doesn't change how I feel about Bard, per se. I suppose it would change the facts I use to indict him. But, I did say it wouldn't change "much"

@HW: Well, part of my theoretical Dormio scum before was under the assumption Dormio does *not* expect Bard to get lynched.

@HW: It seems too utterly stupid. Perhaps I'm being blinded by derp?

@Dormio: Why is confirmation bias scummy?

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #86 on: June 17, 2011, 02:30:07 AM »
@UK: Because only scum know who's scum and who isn't scum?

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #87 on: June 17, 2011, 02:31:20 AM »
@Dormio: So townies never tunnel on people they are sure are scum? What scum intent is there in me making sure all outcomes result in Bard scum? You're not being very clear.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #88 on: June 17, 2011, 02:34:31 AM »
WORDS ARE HARD LET ME STUDY MY BIOTECHNOLOGY AND BIOMOLECULAR SCIENCES IN PEACE.
What scum intent is there in me making sure all outcomes result in Bard scum? You're not being very clear.
Uh, you mean outside of setting someone up so that they look like scum, no matter what the outcome?
Because I'm pretty sure that by itself is pretty bad.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #89 on: June 17, 2011, 02:35:21 AM »
As for the tunnelling thing, I dunno, it feels to me like you're playing it far too safe.