Author Topic: Night of the Vampire Mafia: Happily Ever After  (Read 79643 times)

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
Re: Night of the Vampire Mafia: Confirmation Phase
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2011, 01:11:54 AM »
If the game really has started:
##Unvote
##Vote Bardiche

Fourth vote on me, seems opportunistic or something.

Warning - while you were typing 2 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.

What.

« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2011, 01:13:31 AM »
Dormio: Is that a serious vote?

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2011, 01:13:57 AM »
##Vote Bardiche

I'd tell you how Affinity knows who the scum are but it's nice when scum claims Page One, so we'll start there.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2011, 01:15:12 AM »
@Huh What: Yes, it is.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2011, 01:15:56 AM »
CAN YOU AT LEAST WAIT FOR THE GAME TO START BEFORE YOU KILL ME GOD

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2011, 01:16:24 AM »
 :toot: So how's vigging Shadoweh scum, UK?

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2011, 01:17:25 AM »
It's ok Shadoweh, you got shot by scum bard ^-^.

@Bard: Eh, well, the first concern is balance reasons. But, even disregarding those, town would never shoot Shadoweh in their first post. They'd shoot PX. Who is probably your scumbuddy, incidentally.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2011, 01:17:45 AM »
##Unvote
##Vote: Bardiche

Because the last time you called your Meta and your target, you were scum.

WRYYYYYYYYYYYYY

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2011, 01:18:22 AM »
And that's PX bussing because he knows just how bad that looks~

Game solved, wake me up when Bard is lynched.

Shadoweh

« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2011, 01:19:47 AM »
No seriously, the game hasn't started, but uh, when it does I am town so please don't shoot me in the face? Seriously I would cry if you really did that to me before the confirmation phase was over!

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Bardiche

« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2011, 01:19:58 AM »
I promised before the game began that if I drew DayVig, I'd shoot Shadoweh. I'm a man who follows through on promises.

But no, break down how it is scummy. At this point no matter who I kill I have equal odds of hitting scum.

:toot: My meta is to end jokevote phase as soon as possible, I pulled the one move I knew would end jokevote phase IMMEDIATELY. How is that scummy?

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2011, 01:21:27 AM »
Because, yes, you have equal chance to shoot scum right now, but you also have the lowest chance to shoot scum right now.

« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2011, 01:22:14 AM »
@ Dormio: Well then.

Out of the four people voting you, Bard was the one most obviously attacking you for the sake of getting discussion going (since he put you so much closer to a lynch and all). However, pretty much all the wagon hops onto you can be considered opportunistic as well - both PX and myself added to a fire by voting you for reasons that you were pretty much baiting with your votehopping, and PX for calling you second on the wagon while also starting a wagon on you notably made him scummy by his own logic. Despite this, you chose to attack the voter whose post could be attacked the most easily out of the three, showing lazy scumhunting on your part.

Perhaps the true opportunistic scum was you all along?

My serious ED1 case is now even more serious.

I'll comment on Bard when we can be sure he's, you know, not trolling.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2011, 01:22:52 AM »
Oh, no, it's fine you shot D1. Your target just benefited scum more than town. Ergo, you are scum.

Bardiche

« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2011, 01:24:54 AM »
Shadoweh hasn't even flipped yet, and you're already sure she's town? What makes you so sure she won't flip scum? Shadoweh as scum is harder to catch for me than, say, Durrmio, and like I said. Promised Shadoweh I'd kill her if I drew vig, not backing down on promises.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2011, 01:25:51 AM »
@Huh What: Bardiche has claimed that he is being serious, ergo, I'll treat his current statements seriously.
I assumed it that, because the votes were made in RVS, they were null.
Also, worst way to go about being a dayvig, if he is a dayvig, ever.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2011, 01:26:26 AM »
Well, we'll see how she flips. But, honestly, if she flips scum that doesn't absolve you. Easiest way to coast to endgame as a scum dayvig is to shoot a buddy. Your cred goes through the roof.

That said, I'd probably drop the case on you because that's more or less a conspiracy theory. But I'd make damn sure you didn't get an endgame clear, aw hell no.

If she's town you can die today ^-^.

« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2011, 01:26:37 AM »
Actually...
Bard: You claim to be using your shot on Shadoweh as a ways to end the RVS and start discussion, but you yourself are not utilizing it that way, regardless of whether or not it actually killed her.

From the reactions to your supposed dayvig, who would you say is scum? It's odd that you're parking your vote on Dormio in the midst of all of this.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2011, 01:26:51 AM »
I still think that taking a potshot would be the most anti-town way to be a dayvig.

Did I just get cut three times?

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2011, 01:27:59 AM »
@Dormio: Anti town doesn't mean scum. I use vigs the same way. His targetting was just awful ^-^.

Shadoweh

« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2011, 01:29:28 AM »
Okay fine, let's pretend the game started then.

Shadoweh isn't going to flip scum so don't get your hopes up. I like to think it doesn't take long for me to establish myself since when I was scum five people tried to lynch me immediately. I kind of thought you were kidding when you said that because it would be a dick move to do to someone. If you really did kill me I'd say you're way more likely to be Not Town then a Dayvig.

Shadoweh

« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2011, 01:36:20 AM »
Also:

##Vote UK

Your responses are pretty waffly. >:( Stop being Uncertain and make up your mind!

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2011, 01:41:04 AM »
You use vigs the same way, but his targetting was awful?
What targetting?
It's a shot fired before anyone has information about anything.
And, what? I really don't like your #46.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2011, 01:42:36 AM »
Because, I dunno, I see it as you making an excuse for yourself to tunnel on Bardiche if Shadoweh flips town, which is the most likely outcome.

Bardiche

« Reply #54 on: June 17, 2011, 01:46:10 AM »
@HW: Currently, I'd say PX and Durrmio are being most scummy right now. Durrmio for voting me for "opportunistic" (lol wut), and commenting on my actions without actually commenting on them! A grand "nothing" amounts to his opinion about the vig shot so far. Good with keeping my vote on him thus far, because claiming my action is anti-town while full-blow jokevote phasing isn't really a trait I like in my townies. I hate RVS. He does make a good observation on UK that I find agreeable.

PX is scummy for invoking meta, without motivating why that means I am scum now. Last time I said I'd kill UK if I were scum. I've been saying for a while I'd shoot Shadoweh regardless of alignment. How does this make me scum? It's jumping on what you expect to be an easy target due to a high profile move as opening. There's no motivation on WHY the action is scummy, or why meta demands I am scummy.

UK is being waffly and I don't get why she'd motivate shooting Shadoweh to be a pro-scum move, but she does tend to jump to conclusions without really motivating them much. Shadoweh is a good player as both scum and town, but her accuracy in making cases isn't so beneficial to town that I'd want to keep her alive - she's much harder to detect for me than someone like PX would be, for example.

As far as my current votes go, I'd lynch Durrmio first, and UK second. PX is all kinds of derrrrpppp, but I'm not sure yet whether he was being serious or not, given my action itself isn't the most believable action out there I'll permit some disbelief.

Until Affinity comes around to flip. :toot:

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #55 on: June 17, 2011, 01:47:17 AM »
Can't say much but I'm not taking this much seriously until Affinity comes around.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #56 on: June 17, 2011, 01:49:10 AM »
Waffly? I dunno, I think I pretty clearly want Bard dead. I don't really see what's "waffly" about it?

What's hilarious is that Bard parroted that argument right after two people made it up using the power of bullshit ^-^.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #57 on: June 17, 2011, 01:50:10 AM »
A grand nothing?
If you really did shoot Shadoweh I think you're using the davig (if that is what you really are) in the worst way possible, as well as ~*~bandwagons~*~, and ergo you are the scummiest.
And if Shadoweh does end up flipping, I want to ask how many shots/other limitations you have on the vig.

Also, whee cuts.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #58 on: June 17, 2011, 01:52:29 AM »
@Dormio: Um, I don't really see that I need an excuse to tunnel on Bardiche. At all. He kind of writes his own grave himself.

So, wait. Bard is scum because he did something anti town...but I'm scum because I want to tunnel on scum Bard. I...what?

Also, awesome rolefishing bro. How about no? If Bard gets to L-1, sure, but right now? Yeah, not happening!

« Reply #59 on: June 17, 2011, 01:53:01 AM »
@Bard: Fair enough.

I myself am not particularly fond of all the people throwing themselves at Bard's shot before Shadoweh has even flipped. With the exception of  the moderator and Bardiche himself, nobody knows whether or not Shadoweh was actually shot until Affinity gets here and comments. Attacking Bard for how his shenanigans are scummy on paper is incredibly easy to do, and does not require the effort that needs to be put into actually making a case. Those who have no true opinions other than their vote on Bard are taking the easiest route possible while not providing any real contribution to the game, and I'd go as far to say they might as well not have any real "vote" at all because they're essentially using Bard as a tool to coast by until Affinity returns with our results.

Dormio seems to be the scummiest example so far, to the point where he's even keeping his vote down on Bard while attacking UK with a more valid case. I'm slowly finding myself more and more satisfied with my vote on him.