Author Topic: Night of the Vampire Mafia: Happily Ever After  (Read 79640 times)

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Night of the Vampire Mafia: Happily Ever After
« Reply #1230 on: July 02, 2011, 01:39:43 AM »
FEI the mod QT is about 23149320478304802342 times better than the graveyard.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #1231 on: July 02, 2011, 01:40:34 AM »
Can't tell what "better" means in this context.

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #1232 on: July 02, 2011, 01:40:49 AM »
Is it going to be disclosed this game?

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #1233 on: July 02, 2011, 02:03:55 AM »
>.> What just happened?

huh what: I am one of the blithering idiots. I did little to nothing to actually help town this game. Also I died while realizing who the scum were (and realizing I was so dead <.<) So the graveyard meant little to me.

WHY DIDN'T YOU CHOOSE MEEEEEEEEEEE I WOULD HAVE ACCEPTED THE QT OFFER THIS TIME KIIIITEN4UUUUU

Proof Keine is a better mafia player then me and I will sheep to her like she is Hourai
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 02:10:02 AM by Shadoweh »

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #1234 on: July 02, 2011, 02:35:15 AM »
Lol graveyard.

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #1235 on: July 02, 2011, 03:13:48 AM »
Mod Notes

Setup: Though we will never know for sure how balanced this setup is, the game was meant to favor scum on D1 and D2 (provided they protect the scum recruiter) and to favor town from D3 onwards.  On the first two days, scum have the ability to daytalk and coordinate their actions, with most of town's roles rendered useless for the first two nights.  The JoAT with it's rolecop and tracker abilities can get information on some of the power roles town has for recruitment and nightvigging on N2.  While they might have to choose carefully for the recruitment due to the presence of the Night Hunter, they are pretty much in control.  However, from D3 onwards, scum is pretty much nerfed, having only the recruited scum (making D1 and D2 useless for finding him), and two godmothers (Hong Meiling as human to avoid the vigs, Remillia as godmother to avoid the cop).  They would have to work for their next two mislynches then to win the game.

For town, their roles are pretty powerful and are set back only by them being slow to act in the game with only 4 mislynches allowed for town.  The watcher is town's most consistent role, especially on N2, in that he can potentially kill scum on N2 by watching the recruited person or the janitored person.  The nightvig is also a pretty powerful role for town which could work against him if scum rolecopped him; his limitation on his ability to claim also prevents him from being confirmed town from a sucessful nightvig or bulletproof.  The commuter cop could only investigate once in the first four days, but it would make choices easier for town in that there's no way she could be the recruited scum on N2, and was meant to be a soft counter to the recruited scum.  Lastly, the town witch with her protective ability could cause an apparent cop-doc lock to scum (but not really due to Aya's inability to be protected while investigating), and in addition could easily vig someone if in danger of being lynched. 

Too bad none of the above town roles (except for Zakeri's) ever saw the light of day.  I'm personally not too sure if this setup was balanced or not, though I think it favors a competent town.  In other words, the longer the game in terms of game days in general, the stronger town gets.

===

Game notes: I would say that I'm sorely disappointed in town as a mod for deciding to lynch almost all their power roles in the first two days, though that might be old news.  Personally, the things I were most angry at were LLD's anti-town play on D1 (not even bothering to claim such an easily confirmable and N2-untouchable role!) and Kiro's bandwagon on D2 which did not make any sense at all to me.  Also, the combination of scum and mod mistakes on D3 just made the game worse and worse and not fun at all (I apologize for the wrong votecount), such that the only Mafia left in this Mafia game was finding who UK and K4U were, which no one really wanted to do.  It was pretty much a trainwreck for all three parties: town, scum, and mods.

If anything, the only good thing about this game is that the usual not-so-experienced players, Dormio (who is unquestionably Town MVP) and Hanged Hourai, played really well, when all the experienced players such as huhwhat (who is in my opinion scum MVP for rather bad scumhunting and Dormio misrepping) did not.  I hope that people will treat them far more seriously as competent players in future games.

===

Player Conduct: On MoTK, once every few games, there always seems to be a period of time where all the pent-up rage and stuff like that just explodes and makes the game unfun.  UK should get a yellow card for her goading Dormio like that, though I personally don't think Dormio should get one since he's just reacting.  I'm also inclined to forgive Bardiche for early-game stuff towards Kiro since he seems to be attacking the play and not the person (though using unnecessary language), and I don't hold his game-ending vote against him at all since to my knowledge most people wanted the game to just end anyway.  Similarly, I see Chaore's awesome scumclaim as both a derp move combined with some role shenanigans and an attempt to play the game, so I don't think he deserves a yellow card either.  There is much to be said about his graveyard conduct which I personally do not like, though I won't put that into consideration.  That's about it from me, but pesco has more experience regarding these so I'll wait for him to do what he needs to do.  At the very least, I think it's somewhat nice that UK and Bard did voluntarily offer to take the yellow cards.

Also yes, confirmation phase is confirmation phase and not D1, so yeah.  Reason why I felt reluctant to deduct the lost time from the D1 deadline was because some people were not willing to play before the confirmation was given , and I felt it was unfair to them if time was deducted like that.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 03:40:25 AM by Affinity »

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #1236 on: July 02, 2011, 03:44:54 AM »
Night Actions

N1:
Kiro watches UK (Chaore)
Chaore rolecops UK(VT)

N2:
Schezo recruits UK (successful)
Chaore roleblocks Kiro (successful)
K4U janvigs Kiro (successful)
Kiro watches Chaore (unsuccessful)

N3:
Zakeri protects UK (successful)
Schezo kills Zakeri (successful)

N4

UK kills Shadoweh (successful).

Also, players with respective roles updated on previous page.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 04:06:25 AM by Affinity »

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #1237 on: July 02, 2011, 06:34:08 AM »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #1238 on: July 02, 2011, 08:11:58 AM »
Feeling too :effort: right now to post more. Just get hold of me somehow if you want stuff explained.

UK - 1 Yellow, self-requested.
Bard - 1 Yellow, self-requested.
Pesco - 2 Yellow, self-requested.

These will stay on record for the next 2 games that you participate in. My 2 marks will take 4 games to completely remove, 2 games each.

The game took a lot out of everyone, so let's not have a repeat of this ever again.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #1239 on: July 02, 2011, 08:14:18 AM »
So, how are you holding up?
Because I'm a potato.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #1240 on: July 02, 2011, 09:51:01 AM »
Shadoweh's Jealousic Park

In today's mafia, everyone but me looks envious
Don't you think so too?
I mean, I really think that's how it is.
Anyway, since I'm a vanilla who can't stand it?
Ah, enough! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Schezzy-kins, jealous! Another QT with K4U JEALOUSY!

Key-ore, jealous! Stalk and block whoever JEALOUSY!

K-K-K4U, jealous! KYUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU JEALOUSY!

Conqyor, jealous! No one rereads Conqy JEALOUSY!

UncertainKittan, jealous! Got recruited instead of me JEALOUSY!

PX Death Time, jealous! Would have shot the recruit JEALOUSY!

Zakky-chan, jealous! Woke up and caught the recruiter JEALOUSY!

OSAKA STARE, jealous! Looked right at the rolecop JEALOUSY!

LSD, jealous! Best role in the whole game JEALOUSY!

Aah, what's going on!? There are so many
Roles in this game that leave me unsatisfied!
Aah, I want this, I want that!
Please, give me the freedom to roleclaim! Oh, jealousy!!

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #1241 on: July 02, 2011, 12:03:58 PM »
such that the only Mafia left in this Mafia game was finding who UK and K4U were, which no one really wanted to do

Dormio and I tried! Rabu rabu 4eva!

Graveyards should just be removed, breeding grounds for nastiness.