Author Topic: [COMPLETED] Roll to Dodge - A Multiplayer Game of Chance  (Read 75707 times)

an unmatched sock

• Um...what's this?
  • Should I be concerned? I think I should be concern
Re: Roll to Dodge - A Multiplayer Game of Chance
« Reply #600 on: December 23, 2014, 03:19:10 AM »
>"Ah, the homecoming party. Well, mission successful. Akina and Haruko have been delivered back to the Outside World, and Byakuren and I have returned here." If they ask, "She wanted to rest and get back to her disciples back at her temple."
>"Well...now that that is over, I...really don't have much else to do. I think I might go sight-seeing around Gensokyo, seeing as I haven't had much of an opportunity yet. Although...I've had a rather restless time recently. Do you mind if I stay here at the shrine for a day? The Yatagarasu may be recharged, but there's only so much my human body can take in a short time."
>Think fondly on Haruko and our little adventure. It only took about two, maybe three days, but it felt...much longer.

Patorikku

• Weird country-bumpkin city-boy hybrid
  • (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #601 on: December 23, 2014, 03:31:01 AM »
> "Huh... Well in that case, I have some other matters to attend to." Whatever those may be. Fighting Reimu is kind of a death wish, as you've figured out before. Revenge be damned, unless you're willing to risk permadeath to deliver the same onto her.

> Take off in some random direction away from the village, particularly away from the areas you've already explored. Avoid the bamboo forest, the mountain, the forest of magic, and of course the Hakurei Shrine. No, you wanna find some new environment to start up a new subplot encounter some new faces.

Oh look, I got an image in my signature. Finally.
Click here for Tumblr nonsense.

LaserTurtle

• Master of the lurk
  • *sips tea*
« Reply #602 on: December 23, 2014, 03:44:19 AM »
>Flip metaphorical table in response to the ineffable nature of the universe
>"WHY DOES NOBODY LISTEN TO ME"
>Respawn in place and start complaining
>"I'M JUST AS CLUELESS AS YOU NOW WILL SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ME STRAIGHT ANSWERS!"
Off The Rails [complete!] 1  2 - Sharks jumped: Somewhere between one and all of them
Talking to yourself isn't a sign of madness. Expecting a reply is.
Stare too long into the abyss and the abyss stares back, and then it gets awkward until one of you breaks eye contact.

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
« Reply #603 on: December 23, 2014, 04:01:21 AM »
>Get up, I can brace myself next time.
>Can I make some spell cards, too?
Code: [Select]
if (canMakeSpellCards === true) {
   makeSpellCards();
} else {
   doTrainingForSpellCards();
}
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

Kappa

• LV. 4 Guze Cannon
« Reply #604 on: December 23, 2014, 05:09:51 AM »
> At this rate, you're going to be Gensokyo's next EX boss Wow - with as many Spell Cards as you've accumulated, how can you lose?  Then again, it seems like these terroristas aren't playing by the rules.  Still, more firepower is better.
> Create Spell Cards (on the GOOD paper this time):
  • Resonance "Infinite Harmonic Field" - Time: ∞ - Type: STANDARD
    Begin firing aimed barrages of 3+2n bullets in 4+n directions - every wave is a new iteration, and each wave has higher speed.  (i.e.: 5th wave of bullets would be faster than the 4th, and would be [n=5, 4+5 = 9] 9-directional, shooting [n=5, 3+2(5) = 13] 13 bullets in each direction.)
    "A channeled attack which starts slow but builds up over time.  If not stopped quickly, the attack can grow infinitely fast and essentially undodgeable."
  • Guidance "Dead-Eye Plasma Barrage" - Time: 60.00 - Type: STANDARD
    Fire streams of bullets that sinusoidally oscillate between omnidirectional and a tight spread around the target, and fire superhot balls of plasma which are directed manually by magnetic pulses.  To the untrained eye, they are simply homing in on the enemy. (Think "Cheeto" lasers.)
    "Finding room to avoid arcing plasma that aims right for you is difficult when the walls are closing in around you tightly.  Either make room, or die trying."
  • Disruption "Offensive Magnetolocation" - Time: 80.00 - Type: SURVIVAL
    Encase the target in a magnetic field, and materialize a grid of bullets inside said field.  Then shoot magnetic pulses that will send the bullets flying across the field and bouncing off the walls.  If a pulse collides with the target, fire a high-speed stream of bullets their way.
    "He's trapping you in his own personal magnetic radar system.  Don't get caught by the sonar, or there'll be hell to pay."
  • "Bipolar Earth" - Time: 99.99+ - Type: FINAL
    Encase the battlefield in a field with very strong positive and negative charges at each end.  These charges are strong enough to attract even people (think final attack of SA, but on either side of you).  Fire patterns of positive and negative bullets that will be drawn towards their opposite charge.  Rampup as time/damage progresses.
    "The world is split in two and, much like the real world, sticking to one side exclusively may not be the best option for you.  If only you could change colors from white to black and back again..."
> Actively neglect to drink raw eggs.  You don't even have eggs.
> query@(GM, Sanae): ability to shoot [magic?] bullets outside of Spell Cards; next mission for the Moriya Offensive.
"Hey, bigyihsuan - can I call you Big?... sorry for the whole - uh, yeah.  You okay?
"What brings YOU to this crazy world, dare I ask?"

> Since nothing particularly eventful happens at this shrine (thankfully), now might be a good time to run a wide-range Maglocate.  Look for trouble, relevant faces, so on, so forth.  Report anything suspicious to your friendly neighborhood floating goddesses.

# If you're wondering why those cards are so specific... well, hell.  These are totally legit Danmakufu fuel.  Get on it, me.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 06:53:18 AM by Kappa »
Modern Touhou Accomplishments || TD Normal 1CC | DDC Normal 1CC (poorly) | DDC Extra Clear

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #605 on: December 23, 2014, 10:54:22 AM »
>Nod sagely. "Mhhm, I feel you. Anyone would cling to the tiniest chance to achieve power in a land like this... It seems like that, on the tiny bit that I caught on the village. But then, standing up to that to that tyrant miko... It is a bold decision from you, to silently show defiance with such pride."
>Speaking of silently, safety measures GO. Engage long-distance radar.

Failure McFailFace

• Impor
« Reply #606 on: December 23, 2014, 01:02:51 PM »
"Hey, bigyihsuan - can I call you Big?... sorry for the whole - uh, yeah.  You okay?

Add to my previous post:
"I'm fine. I just need to brace myself next time."
"I just mysteriously appeared here the night after I posted in a forum thread. Must have something to do with that."
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

FlamingRok

• Rena is pleased with your efforts.
« Reply #607 on: December 23, 2014, 08:01:17 PM »
((That's quite a few needles.))
>"Ah, I see. Then that lingers the question of who was Reimu after, and for what reason..." Examine the needles further to try and get information onto whom was attacked with these needles. Afterwards, proceed to head further north, past the location of the needles, to see what else this forest holds.

Kappa

• LV. 4 Guze Cannon
« Reply #608 on: December 23, 2014, 11:04:22 PM »
"I'm fine. I just need to brace myself next time."
"I just mysteriously appeared here the night after I posted in a forum thread. Must have something to do with that."

> __lastpost__.append:
"Really, now!  I'm a physicist who was experimenting with magnetic forces to bend space-time, so I guess my being here is entirely my fault... but there's no physical phenomena I can think of that would account for your presence here.  Tell me more, this is fascinating!  Where did you post - what forum?"
Modern Touhou Accomplishments || TD Normal 1CC | DDC Normal 1CC (poorly) | DDC Extra Clear

Failure McFailFace

• Impor
« Reply #609 on: December 24, 2014, 12:42:45 AM »
> __lastpost__.append:
"Really, now!  I'm a physicist who was experimenting with magnetic forces to bend space-time, so I guess my being here is entirely my fault... but there's no physical phenomena I can think of that would account for your presence here.  Tell me more, this is fascinating!  Where did you post - what forum?"

Repeat: Add to last post:
"A forum about where we are right now. The thread is a text-based roleplaying game, and the OP is using a die to pick what we're doing."

((OOC: You probably know what I'm talking about))

« Reply #610 on: December 24, 2014, 03:56:33 AM »
[Day: 4]   [Time: Morning]   [Weather: Snow]

>"Ah, the homecoming party. Well, mission successful. Akina and Haruko have been delivered back to the Outside World, and Byakuren and I have returned here." If they ask, "She wanted to rest and get back to her disciples back at her temple."
>"Well...now that that is over, I...really don't have much else to do. I think I might go sight-seeing around Gensokyo, seeing as I haven't had much of an opportunity yet. Although...I've had a rather restless time recently. Do you mind if I stay here at the shrine for a day? The Yatagarasu may be recharged, but there's only so much my human body can take in a short time."
>Think fondly on Haruko and our little adventure. It only took about two, maybe three days, but it felt...much longer.
[6] "Sure. Come on in."
You sit on the floor and lean against the wall, reminiscing about the past three days:

It all started when you found an antiquated laptop computer at a shrine on the eastern border of Gensokyo. Although this device seemed strange from the very moment you picked it up, you would have never expected it to be an important part of a grim and horrible incident that occured many weeks before your arrival. As you stood between the girl and the shrine maiden, you made a decision without much thought on your part. The young girl whom you saved from certain death introduced herself as Haruko Watsuki, whose father was slain as a result of crossing paths with the red-white miko. Just when you thought you found the perfect hiding place to spend the night, an accomplice of yours who stayed in front of the entrance to the hideout led the enemy right to you. You were ticked off, and as a result you executed a poorly-planned attack that led to your death and the destruction of the relic. As a ghostly spirit, you watched the helpless girl handing on to the last limb of life. At that moment, your perseverance allowed you to use a continue harness the power of the Yatagarasu and take on its form, saving Haruko seconds before hundreds of needles skewer her broken body. As she fell into unconsciousness, you heed her advice and head to the Moriya Shrine, where its miracle-maker of a miko and two goddesses make use of everyone's faith in bringing her back to life. While that is happening, it is revealed that the other Watsuki is also in Gensokyo through the recollections of a comrade's dream. Things take a turn for the worse when Reimu returns, carrying the Goddess of Death within her, killing you once more and quite literally leaving Haruko gasping for air. If it wasn't for Patorikku's activation of the Pendant of Miracles, all hope would have been lost. With the maiden of the Hakurei Shrine knocked out and a once-again healthy Haruko, you leave for the Human Village, where Akyuu offers to shelter the two of you in the basement under her mansion. As you hide with the girl, Sanae's "advertisement" to the people of the village attracts not only the shrine maiden, but also a fearsome youkai that you understand is working with her in enforcing Gensokyo's oldest and most important rules with no exceptions. As a flashy exhibition of spell cards takes place in the skies above the village, you hurry to the Myouren Temple, where a long and emotional reunion between mother and daughter takes place. After hearing of a way to leave Gensokyo out of everyone's sight and convincing the older of the Watsukis that it's in their best interest to leave Gensokyo, you team up with the monk of the temple and send the family to their homeland. All in all, you died twice and experienced pain you'd never want to feel again just to save a girl and her mother. Was it worth it? If anything, you've proven to the world that you help doesn't need to have any prequisites except for a caring heart and a burning passion. No, really. Was it really worth it? The Random Number God thanks you for your efforts and offers you the following achievement:

ACHIVEMENT UNLOCKED - Protector of the Innocent: Congratulations for reaching the first chapter's Good Ending! By sending Haruko and Akina to safety in the Outside World, you have been granted a Treasure!
KEY ITEM ACQUIRED: Trump Card: The ultimate form of "f*ck it, let's get this done". Your next action will succeed unconditionally, as if you rolled a [4].

> "Huh... Well in that case, I have some other matters to attend to." Whatever those may be. Fighting Reimu is kind of a death wish, as you've figured out before. Revenge be damned, unless you're willing to risk permadeath to deliver the same onto her.

> Take off in some random direction away from the village, particularly away from the areas you've already explored. Avoid the bamboo forest, the mountain, the forest of magic, and of course the Hakurei Shrine. No, you wanna find some new environment to start up a new subplot encounter some new faces.
[2](+1) You don't have much options... In the far north is the Youkai Mountain, and to the immediate south is the Bamboo Forest of the Lost. To the east is the Hakurei Shrine, leaving the west as the only path worth taking. Along the way, the road splits into two paths. You remember that the left path leads to the Forest of Magic, so you take the right path in hopes of finding something new...

...There's a lake covered by a blanket of mist, and it seems the temperature has dropped even further by the time you're at the shore. Even the falling snow seems to increase in density. As you marvel at the scenery, a fairy flies towards you from behind and bunps into you. Normally, this wouldn't scare you too much, but the general paranoia that comes with being in an unknown place causes your legs to give. A thud echoes as you catch your fall with your hands, sending the fairy flying off into the distance.

>Flip metaphorical table in response to the ineffable nature of the universe
>"WHY DOES NOBODY LISTEN TO ME"
>Respawn in place and start complaining
>"I'M JUST AS CLUELESS AS YOU NOW WILL SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ME STRAIGHT ANSWERS!"
[5] BONUS: Your next roll gets 1 added to it.
Reimu walks back to you and prepares to mercilessly stab you multiple times before Yukari grabs her hand.
"Don't kill her this time. With a bit of convincing, she might join us. Stay back, and let me handle it this time."
The shrine maiden growls as she steps back.
"Fine. But what if she doesn't listen?"
"Then I'll leave her fate for you to decide."
The gap youkai looks you right in the eyes and speaks in the way a mother would to her misbehaving child:
"Two humans that know of Gensokyo were just sent to the Outside World... DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS?! Aarrrrrgh... this is why Outsiders like you are so annoying."
She places her left hand over your face and prepares to claw it beyond recognition before she realizes that you might be able to understand her reasoning.
"Do you think the death of two insignificant humans would mean anything to anyone here besides you? You're in a paradise, sealed away from the corrupted world beyond its borders, where there exist things beyond your very limited knowledge: Gods, Youkai, Fairies, Ghosts, and extraordinary humans that are only spoken of in legends where you come from. If proof of Gensokyo's existence spreads to the outside, people will begin to find its entrance. Once they enter, they will wage war on us. When that happens, there will be enough bloodshed to paint every last bit of the ground crimson. Millions upon millions will die, and this land, that I've created and treasure, will disappear along with everything that depends on it... Now, I ask of you one favor: Will you bring them back to me, or will you face horrors beyond your worst nightmares?"

>Get up, I can brace myself next time.
>Can I make some spell cards, too?
Code: [Select]
if (canMakeSpellCards === true) {
   makeSpellCards();
} else {
   doTrainingForSpellCards();
}
[1] After creating a seemingly functional spell card, it misfires and instantly kills you.

You are dead.

> At this rate, you're going to be Gensokyo's next EX boss Wow - with as many Spell Cards as you've accumulated, how can you lose?  Then again, it seems like these terroristas aren't playing by the rules.  Still, more firepower is better.
> Create Spell Cards (on the GOOD paper this time):
  • Resonance "Infinite Harmonic Field" - Time: ∞ - Type: STANDARD
    Begin firing aimed barrages of 3+2n bullets in 4+n directions - every wave is a new iteration, and each wave has higher speed.  (i.e.: 5th wave of bullets would be faster than the 4th, and would be [n=5, 4+5 = 9] 9-directional, shooting [n=5, 3+2(5) = 13] 13 bullets in each direction.)
    "A channeled attack which starts slow but builds up over time.  If not stopped quickly, the attack can grow infinitely fast and essentially undodgeable."
  • Guidance "Dead-Eye Plasma Barrage" - Time: 60.00 - Type: STANDARD
    Fire streams of bullets that sinusoidally oscillate between omnidirectional and a tight spread around the target, and fire superhot balls of plasma which are directed manually by magnetic pulses.  To the untrained eye, they are simply homing in on the enemy. (Think "Cheeto" lasers.)
    "Finding room to avoid arcing plasma that aims right for you is difficult when the walls are closing in around you tightly.  Either make room, or die trying."
  • Disruption "Offensive Magnetolocation" - Time: 80.00 - Type: SURVIVAL
    Encase the target in a magnetic field, and materialize a grid of bullets inside said field.  Then shoot magnetic pulses that will send the bullets flying across the field and bouncing off the walls.  If a pulse collides with the target, fire a high-speed stream of bullets their way.
    "He's trapping you in his own personal magnetic radar system.  Don't get caught by the sonar, or there'll be hell to pay."
  • "Bipolar Earth" - Time: 99.99+ - Type: FINAL
    Encase the battlefield in a field with very strong positive and negative charges at each end.  These charges are strong enough to attract even people (think final attack of SA, but on either side of you).  Fire patterns of positive and negative bullets that will be drawn towards their opposite charge.  Rampup as time/damage progresses.
    "The world is split in two and, much like the real world, sticking to one side exclusively may not be the best option for you.  If only you could change colors from white to black and back again..."
> Actively neglect to drink raw eggs.  You don't even have eggs.
> query@(GM, Sanae): ability to shoot [magic?] bullets outside of Spell Cards; next mission for the Moriya Offensive.

> Since nothing particularly eventful happens at this shrine (thankfully), now might be a good time to run a wide-range Maglocate.  Look for trouble, relevant faces, so on, so forth.  Report anything suspicious to your friendly neighborhood floating goddesses.

# If you're wondering why those cards are so specific... well, hell.  These are totally legit Danmakufu fuel.  Get on it, me.
[3] You can shoot magic bullets without resorting to spell cards. As mentioned earlier, they're used for recalling complicated or lesser-used spells.
There doesn't appear to be any quests or missions as of now. For some reason unknown to you, you can't sense those very far from where you are. In your immediate vicinity are the regulars of the Moriya Shrine. Along with them are an unmatched sock and bigyihsuan. That doesn't help much, because you can literally see them. The former seems to be reminiscing about the events that unfolded during the past few days, and the latter just killed himself playing with magic. The farthest signs of life you can register seem to be nothing more than that of fairies.

I thought so... These would makeepic danmakufu attacks. Now, if only someone would code them...

>Nod sagely. "Mhhm, I feel you. Anyone would cling to the tiniest chance to achieve power in a land like this... It seems like that, on the tiny bit that I caught on the village. But then, standing up to that to that tyrant miko... It is a bold decision from you, to silently show defiance with such pride."
>Speaking of silently, safety measures GO. Engage long-distance radar.
[3](+1) "Like I said, it's the only way for most humans to gain some degree of power in this land. I mean, most fairies and a few weaker youkai wouldn't stand a chance against me. If anything, it's proof that any regular human can pose a threat to those that wish to cause harm. That being said, anything beyond those are still something I'd be cautious of."
There doesn't seem to be anything that would pose a threat and is capable of reaching your current location within more than a few turns hours.

Threat level: Very low

((That's quite a few needles.))
>"Ah, I see. Then that lingers the question of who was Reimu after, and for what reason..." Examine the needles further to try and get information onto whom was attacked with these needles. Afterwards, proceed to head further north, past the location of the needles, to see what else this forest holds.
[2] The needles look like they hit the ground without passing through human flesh, as they're still shiny. After taking your leave and heading further north, you fail to find anything out of the ordinary beyond a mist-covered lake. These exist elsewhere, right?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 04:06:10 AM by aUsernameIsFineToo »

Patorikku

• (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #611 on: December 24, 2014, 04:21:13 AM »
> Get up and get a knife out. Keep it in sight of the fairy as you turn. "Watch yourself! What do you think you're pulling, running into me like that?"
> There's probably no need for violence here, but keep on guard anyhow. Fairies around here are... Well, from what you gathered from the last bunch, they aren't insanely bright.

an unmatched sock

• Um...what's this?
« Reply #612 on: December 24, 2014, 04:24:25 AM »
>Get a bit of sleep. Allocate a skill point or two. Or all of them. Overall, it's been a long day.
>>Failing that, mull about a bit, then finally ask Sanae or someone if there's any tasks I can do so I don't completely freeload for the day.

Kappa

• LV. 4 Guze Cannon
« Reply #613 on: December 24, 2014, 04:40:38 AM »
> Recoil in horror at the fate of bigyihsuan!  Oh god, his head- no, wait, is that... nope, it's just gone.  GONE.  Oh god... uh...
< Eh, he'll probably just come back like you did... somehow.
> Ponder own relative power level.  I mean, you scored some definitive hits on what appears to be this realm's very own Billy The Kid, so that's gotta be worth something, right?
>> Later, after Sock regains consciousness, pitch him on how he could own his very own Edge of Glory for only 3 easy payments of $19.99 joining forces with you and bigyihsuan - if bigyihsuan is even alive, that is.  Big seems to have (had?) his own fair share of unadulterated power, and Sock looks like he's seen some sh!t of his own.  You wonder about the circumstances of how he found himself here.  Were they as impromptu as Big's... or yours?
To nobody in particular: "Well, this Sock guy is here, but... I guess nothing just needs doing right now.  Hm."
> Offer to maintain the shrine a bit, should it need any work done.  You intend to hold true to your promise of heavy lifting when it's needed.  And I'm sure a new story arc will start up soon enough

# When I'm on a computer that doesn't totally suck, I want to make these cards a DNH reality.

LaserTurtle

• Master of the lurk
  • *sips tea*
« Reply #614 on: December 24, 2014, 04:49:37 AM »
>"So all they have to do is keep absolutely silent about it."
>"Personally I don't like killing. It's worse, being on the receiving end of it."
>"Now persuasion or threats however, seem just as effective. Howzabout I convince them to keep quiet?"
>"That SHOULD quench your bloodthirst, right? Good."
>Fly out, follow from where Haruko + mom were seen last
Off The Rails [complete!] 1  2 - Sharks jumped: Somewhere between one and all of them
Stare too long into the abyss and the abyss stares back, and then it gets awkward until one of you breaks eye contact.

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #615 on: December 24, 2014, 09:00:34 AM »
>Smile and nod. "As long as you keep yourself safe, I guess anything's fair game. Now then, I do believe that I am indebted to you for this great favor! Is there anything you might need from me? If there's anything I can be helpful with, then don't hesitate to ask."

FlamingRok

« Reply #616 on: December 24, 2014, 11:48:16 AM »
>"A misty lake huh..." Sigh in disappointment, and find nearby rocks to start skipping across the lake with to pass the time.

Failure McFailFace

• Impor
« Reply #617 on: December 24, 2014, 07:24:10 PM »
[1] After creating a seemingly functional spell card, it misfires and instantly kills you.

You are dead.

Dammit. Again. Is this the third time I've died?

>Respawn where I died.

« Reply #618 on: December 25, 2014, 02:55:00 AM »
[Day: 4]   [Time: Noon]   [Weather: Snow]

> Get up and get a knife out. Keep it in sight of the fairy as you turn. "Watch yourself! What do you think you're pulling, running into me like that?"
> There's probably no need for violence here, but keep on guard anyhow. Fairies around here are... Well, from what you gathered from the last bunch, they aren't insanely bright.
[6] The fairy turns around and flies back to land in front of you. She appears to be one of the larger variety, with the stature of a twelve-year-old human child. Her happy-go-lucky expression makes you wonder why you even bothered to pull out the knife you're holding in your hand.
"Oh... You're not hurt? Sorry, I was looking for a friend of mine. Care to help me find her?"

It seems that you've finally found something to do that doesn't involve senseless killing... right?

>Get a bit of sleep. Allocate a skill point or two. Or all of them. Overall, it's been a long day.
>>Failing that, mull about a bit, then finally ask Sanae or someone if there's any tasks I can do so I don't completely freeload for the day.
[3] After a short rest, you decide that there's better things to do. As the last remnants of yesterday's standoff melt away along with the fallen snow, you approach the wind priestess in search of something to do...

"Well, it would be nice if you could find a way to harness the power of the Yatagarasu in generating heat and warmth."

> Recoil in horror at the fate of bigyihsuan!  Oh god, his head- no, wait, is that... nope, it's just gone.  GONE.  Oh god... uh...
< Eh, he'll probably just come back like you did... somehow.
> Ponder own relative power level.  I mean, you scored some definitive hits on what appears to be this realm's very own Billy The Kid, so that's gotta be worth something, right?
>> Later, after Sock regains consciousness, pitch him on how he could own his very own Edge of Glory for only 3 easy payments of $19.99 joining forces with you and bigyihsuan - if bigyihsuan is even alive, that is.  Big seems to have (had?) his own fair share of unadulterated power, and Sock looks like he's seen some sh!t of his own.  You wonder about the circumstances of how he found himself here.  Were they as impromptu as Big's... or yours?
To nobody in particular: "Well, this Sock guy is here, but... I guess nothing just needs doing right now.  Hm."
> Offer to maintain the shrine a bit, should it need any work done.  You intend to hold true to your promise of heavy lifting when it's needed.  And I'm sure a new story arc will start up soon enough

# When I'm on a computer that doesn't totally suck, I want to make these cards a DNH reality.
[6] The shrine is in decent shape, and it doesn't look like it needs any renovations or maintenance. If you hadn't been looking in the direction of the Human Village, you wouldn't have seen smoke rising from its location. Something seems to be happening there, and you can't help but Blink there, where a man is ringing the bell you almost ended up fusing with upon your first arrival. Next to it, you see what was causing all the smoke: A collection of logs has been set on fire, presumably to act as a warning signal. Between each strike of the bell, the man yells to the gathering crowd:
"TAKE SHELTER IN YOUR HOME AND DO NOT LEAVE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE! THERE'S BEEN REPORTS OF YOUKAI SIGHTED NEAR THE VILLAGE!"
Indeed, there are several figures flying about not too far from the walls surrounding the village. You take a moment to think to yourself: "If flying is such an ubiquitous ability throughout Gensokyo, what's the point of surrounding the village with walls that seem useless in a situation such as this?"

>"So all they have to do is keep absolutely silent about it."
>"Personally I don't like killing. It's worse, being on the receiving end of it."
>"Now persuasion or threats however, seem just as effective. Howzabout I convince them to keep quiet?"
>"That SHOULD quench your bloodthirst, right? Good."
>Fly out, follow from where Haruko + mom were seen last
[2](+1) Before anyone can say or do anything, you duck down and roll out through the opened door to take flight to the sky. You half-expected a volley of whatever Reimu and/or Yukari felt like firing at you to turn you into a shower of blood, but nothing of the sort happens. In fact, they didn't even leave the shrine...

...As you fly over the Myouren Temple, past the Youkai Mountain, and across the sea leading to the island-city of Sado, you realize that you'd never find the girl and her mother among the bustling streets and towering skyscrapers. What were you thinking? It was already quite difficult to find them in Gensokyo, but now you're looking at the entirety of Japan. At least you wouldn't attract anyone's attention as long as you keep in mind that humans don't normally fly on their own.

>Smile and nod. "As long as you keep yourself safe, I guess anything's fair game. Now then, I do believe that I am indebted to you for this great favor! Is there anything you might need from me? If there's anything I can be helpful with, then don't hesitate to ask."
"There's something I've always wanted to do, but was never able to because I felt that I wouldn't be able to. Thanks to the recent incident and the mass killing that took place as part of it, everyone believes that science can't stand a chance against the supernatural. But when the few of us join hands and strike fear among the youkai, we'll finally gain the respect we've been kept away from for so long. The dawn of a new era will fall upon Gensokyo... One that explains the unknown with logic and proven processes rather than the words of those that hold power they can and will abuse. For the first time, the village shall be freed from the restraints placed upon them by year after year of oppression."
Rika looks at you, her eyes gleaming with hope:
"So, what do you think? Does that sound like a plan?"
The moment of silence she gives you to make your calculations considerations is broken by the sound of a bell. It seems to be coming from the village, and a man's voice can be heard between each ring.

Threat level: Medium

>"A misty lake huh..." Sigh in disappointment, and find nearby rocks to start skipping across the lake with to pass the time.
[4] After sitting around and doing nothing but skipping rocks across the lake, you realize that quite some time has passed. The falling snow doesn't seem to subside, and chilly gusts of wind blow at you in regular intervals.

Dammit. Again. Is this the third time I've died?

>Respawn where I died.
Your body twitches as you come back to life. Nothing significant seemed to have happened between the time you died and now, so you stand up and carefully stretch your arms and legs out. While you do that, you think to yourself that there's got to be a moment when you end up dying again, only to revive in a different body with no way of finding your current one. It reminds you of a certain genre of video game, where the death of the player results in the loss of all acquired inventory and skills. Furthermore, you realize that you're completely under the mercy of a very unpredictable god, who seems to both satisfy and enrage helpless players souls on a whim.

I'm not keeping track of how many times you've died. It doesn't matter that much, since dying is nothing more than a minor inconvenience with regards to this game.

FlamingRok

« Reply #619 on: December 25, 2014, 03:09:46 AM »
>"Was it really this cold before...? Or...I wonder..." Fire stars all around me, just in case of there being a threat nearby.

Patorikku

• (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #620 on: December 25, 2014, 03:09:54 AM »
> Pocket that knife with an embarrassed look on your face.
> "Sure. What does she look like?"

> Once you get the specifics on who you're looking for, start searching about.

> Acknowledge how the environment around you reminds you of the holidays back in the outside world.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 06:13:02 AM by Patorikku »

Failure McFailFace

• Impor
« Reply #621 on: December 25, 2014, 03:30:46 AM »
>Now that I'm revived, check myself for anything lost.
>Fly to the Human Village. I gotta check this out.

an unmatched sock

• Um...what's this?
« Reply #622 on: December 25, 2014, 03:55:21 AM »
>"Sure, I could give it a try. Can't say I didn't expect such a request... Do you have a heater, electronic or otherwise, or am I to provide the warmth myself?"
>>If an already existing heater, go to it (or have Sanae lead) and try to heat that up to a cozy temperature.
>>If I have to provide the heat myself, uh...make a small, but very heat-generating sun and set it somewhere it won't be in the way or set anything aflame. Again, cozy temperature.
>Don a Santa hat for festivities

Kappa

• LV. 4 Guze Cannon
« Reply #623 on: December 25, 2014, 05:56:46 AM »
# You know as well as I do: the only reason they built that wall - with OUR tax dollars, mind you - is so they could have an excuse to say "On this day, humankind received a grim reminder: we lived in fear of the youkai."  I'm hardly amused.

> Pinpoint the location of the invading youkai.  You still don't know exactly what a "youkai" is, but it's never too soon to find out.  All you greenhorns wantin' to see youkai up close... this is gonna be your lucky day!
"You!  Flying invaders!  State your business here!"
> Have your Spell Cards at the ready.  You're not entirely ready to assume the worst of these guys, but you're not quite willing to write them off as harmless passers-by either.  Perhaps you might get a chance to show off your fancy new magic.
>> If the targets do not respond, or express ill intent, trap them with one of your latest creations.  Declare Disruption "Offensive Magnetolocation" and, in the 80 seconds it runs for, simultaneously Maglocate the signature of Big and send him a little message asking for some help.  Worst case scenario, they actually outlast it, and you end up needing the backup... or not, since you have 8 other weapons of mass destruction at the ready.  Best case scena
>> If they claim to be passing through, or don't act dumb, follow them through to ensure they don't cause trouble.  Keep those Cards at the ready.

< query@GM: own relative power level?

> You're feeling festive, oddly enough.  You've lost some track of time - what day is it on the outside?

LaserTurtle

• Master of the lurk
  • *sips tea*
« Reply #624 on: December 25, 2014, 05:58:45 AM »
>"Now, if I were a recent escapee from a land of fantasy, where would I go?"
>"Forget this, I've never been good at anticipating others."
>Ask around for people of Haruko and mom's description.

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #625 on: December 25, 2014, 12:46:18 PM »
>Look thoughtful for a while. "I'm all up for proving that the sciences can hold as much power as magic and all, but... Well, let's say that engaging in terrorism is no better than what's going on right now. After all you'd go from being the oppressed to being the oppressor, you know."
>Then, smirk at the bell alarm going off. "However, a demonstration of power to defend the village from attackers is A-OK! And it seems the prime opportunity is at hand~"

« Reply #626 on: December 26, 2014, 02:48:09 AM »
[Day: 4]   [Time: Late noon]   [Weather: Snow]

>"Was it really this cold before...? Or...I wonder..." Fire stars all around me, just in case of there being a threat nearby.
[2] You find it hard to do that in the cold. There are fairies flying about in the distance, though they don't seem like they're a threat.

> Pocket that knife with an embarrassed look on your face.
> "Sure. What does she look like?"

> Once you get the specifics on who you're looking for, start searching about.

> Acknowledge how the environment around you reminds you of the holidays back in the outside world.
[4] "Blue hair, blue-and-white shirt, icy crystal wings, about the same size as me."
As you and the fairy search nearby, you mention to her a holiday known as "Christmas". To your surprise, she seems to know what that is. To prove it, she leads you to a nearby tree with all sorts of things lying around it.
"This is our Christmas tree! Every year, everyone brings something and sends it to their best friend by writing their name on it and putting it here."

>Now that I'm revived, check myself for anything lost.
>Fly to the Human Village. I gotta check this out.
[2](+1) You asked to be revived in the same body, and as such you still have everything you had before you died...

...As you near the village, a large flock of crow-like birds block the way forward.

>"Sure, I could give it a try. Can't say I didn't expect such a request... Do you have a heater, electronic or otherwise, or am I to provide the warmth myself?"
>>If an already existing heater, go to it (or have Sanae lead) and try to heat that up to a cozy temperature.
>>If I have to provide the heat myself, uh...make a small, but very heat-generating sun and set it somewhere it won't be in the way or set anything aflame. Again, cozy temperature.
>Don a Santa hat for festivities
[3] "Sure [...] myself?"
"Well, we do have this..."
She points to an old electric heater in a corner of the shrine. You focus a narrow beam of nuclear-energy-derived electricity at the plug...

...The heating coil begins to glow red, signifying that the thing still works. However, powering this heater seems to be quite strenuous, because you start feeling weakened. Perhaps a self-sustaining nuclear sun would do better.

# You know as well as I do: the only reason they built that wall - with OUR tax dollars, mind you - is so they could have an excuse to say "On this day, humankind received a grim reminder: we lived in fear of the youkai."  I'm hardly amused.

> Pinpoint the location of the invading youkai.  You still don't know exactly what a "youkai" is, but it's never too soon to find out.  All you greenhorns wantin' to see youkai up close... this is gonna be your lucky day!
"You!  Flying invaders!  State your business here!"
> Have your Spell Cards at the ready.  You're not entirely ready to assume the worst of these guys, but you're not quite willing to write them off as harmless passers-by either.  Perhaps you might get a chance to show off your fancy new magic.
>> If the targets do not respond, or express ill intent, trap them with one of your latest creations.  Declare Disruption "Offensive Magnetolocation" and, in the 80 seconds it runs for, simultaneously Maglocate the signature of Big and send him a little message asking for some help.  Worst case scenario, they actually outlast it, and you end up needing the backup... or not, since you have 8 other weapons of mass destruction at the ready.  Best case scena
>> If they claim to be passing through, or don't act dumb, follow them through to ensure they don't cause trouble.  Keep those Cards at the ready.

< query@GM: own relative power level?

> You're feeling festive, oddly enough.  You've lost some track of time - what day is it on the outside?
[4] Surely enough, a sizeable flock of large black birds seems to be closing in on the village. They don't look like they're leaving, and if anything, they look like they're here to cause trouble.
"Disruption 「Offensive Magnetolocation」!"
Almost instantly, a grid of bouncing bullets materialize around the flock. As the birds continue flying about, some of them collide with the balls of energy, sending the rest flying towards the site of collision. You smile as you figure that you'd be above average, at least when compared with the villagers. On the other hand, your failed attempt at taking down the gap youkai was not only embarassed you as you almost died as a result of your own attack, but also reminded you that you're far from being Gensokyo's top dog. If that wasn't disconcerting enough, there's also the shrine maiden whose attacks don't seem to be affected by your manipulation of magnetism. Even though she probably took advantage of whatever god's powers she was channeling at the time, the fact that she took a street lamp flying at near-instantaneous speeds to her back and survived without a bruise leaves you quite unnerved.

The snowy weather reminds you of a certain holiday that's taking place in the world beyond the Barrier. You'd try and leave, but you figure that by the time you make it out, several days will have passed since now. More importantly, you'd have to find a way to slip by the two assailants you came face-to-face with as they planned out how they'd kill you.

>"Now, if I were a recent escapee from a land of fantasy, where would I go?"
>"Forget this, I've never been good at anticipating others."
>Ask around for people of Haruko and mom's description.
[2] After describing the two to several random people that care to listen, you either get different answers or no answer at all.

>Look thoughtful for a while. "I'm all up for proving that the sciences can hold as much power as magic and all, but... Well, let's say that engaging in terrorism is no better than what's going on right now. After all you'd go from being the oppressed to being the oppressor, you know."
>Then, smirk at the bell alarm going off. "However, a demonstration of power to defend the village from attackers is A-OK! And it seems the prime opportunity is at hand~"
[2](+1) "What we're doing to the youkai is nothing like what you'd think! All we want to do is show them that we aren't as weak as everyone wants us to be, and that we can defend ourselves if need be. With that said, don't cause them too much pain. Our goal is to demonstrate our powers without being abusive!"
As Rika puts on jet-propelled rocket boots, you engage the thrusters located on your shoulders and feet. The two of you step outside and take to the skies to see a swarm of birds trapped in a danmaku field.
"Don't engage them yet. It's always better to plan an attack out before charging in without any preparations."

LEFT GUN: 2000/2000                            RIGHT GUN: 2000/2000
ROCKETS: 25/25                  BEAM CANNON: 40?C (NORMAL)

Threat level: Medium

FlamingRok

« Reply #627 on: December 26, 2014, 03:23:53 AM »
>Try and communicate with the fairies, and see if they know of the recent events that have been happening inside of the forest.

Failure McFailFace

• Impor
« Reply #628 on: December 26, 2014, 04:02:14 AM »
>Stop and arm myself with a spell card.
>Watch the cloud of birds.

an unmatched sock

• Um...what's this?
« Reply #629 on: December 26, 2014, 05:58:39 AM »
>"Hmm...Sanae, wouldn't it be a bit easier for me to make a small, self-sustaining sun? Would warm up faster...and tire me less."
>>If yes, make a small sun. Self-sustaining. Neat.